Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389391 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Unemployed...in GREENLAND!
« Reply #42723 on: September 02, 2019, 01:47:19 PM »
More proof we're living in a simulation that is now testing what would happen if half the world was extremely woke.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42725 on: September 02, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »
Trump's just mad he couldn't even run an AFL team.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #42727 on: September 02, 2019, 02:06:55 PM »
More proof we're living in a simulation that is now testing what would happen if half the world was extremely woke.

that's not extremely woke dumdum, the people responding to that video indignantly are mostly boomers, centrists and wine moms. Not the  :social bogeyman you imagine.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #42728 on: September 02, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #42729 on: September 02, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »

kingv

« Reply #42730 on: September 02, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/BrianAbrams/status/1168235828465807362

I can’t believe people thought this was real.

Of course it’s doctored dummies. That’s the fucking joke.

Edit: must be the same people that believed the NX controller leak.

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42732 on: September 02, 2019, 05:56:56 PM »
Guess the Secret Service didn't go golfing?  :doge

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1168642253612441600
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42733 on: September 02, 2019, 07:52:06 PM »
Remember when Fox News et al complained about Obama not being in the Oval House 24/7 when something was happening out in the world?
dog

kingv

« Reply #42735 on: September 02, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »
Remember when Fox News et al complained about Obama not being in the Oval House 24/7 when something was happening out in the world?

They knew that Obama was somewhat competent so felt safer when he was working.

We actually want Trump on the golf course as much as possible.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #42736 on: September 02, 2019, 11:02:46 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #42737 on: September 02, 2019, 11:13:01 PM »
Clinton Kill Count Warning Alert:
“It was legitimate to say ‘Top 5’ for a long time, but with the exception of Kamala Harris being at the outer perimeter of the top three … you’d have to have a strange confluence of events for someone outside those four to win,” said Philippe Reines, a longtime Hillary Clinton confidant. “It would require all four failing. Like, you would need all four of them to be in a plane crash or something.

For every other candidate, Reines said, “It’s too late in the game to keep saying it’s too early.”

benjipwns

« Reply #42739 on: September 02, 2019, 11:20:11 PM »
Pete Buttigieg, who has dazzled Democratic donors but plateaued in the polls, plans to accelerate his presidential campaign in the coming weeks, with a concerted push to transform his fundraising success into fastened support in the early nominating states.

The South Bend mayor’s campaign is expected to announce in the coming days a flurry of staffing hires and new office openings in Iowa and New Hampshire, as well as a director of African-American engagement, who will be crucial to outreach in South Carolina and other southern states that follow.

“Labor Day for us is really going to be a turning point,” said Mike Schmuhl, Buttigieg’s campaign manager. “It’s when we’ll flip the switch.”

By the end of September, the campaign will have 100 staffers in Iowa alone, according to Schmuhl, meaning Buttigieg with have one of the largest 2020 teams there. His Labor Day visit marks his eighth to Iowa since July, signaling a more intense commitment to the state.

The Iowa-centric surge will be accompanied by a gradual increase in paid advertising as Buttigieg works to become as familiar to voters as his longer-established rivals. Internally, the campaign is dubbing the blitz the “Pete Wave.”
“It’s not enough to be well-liked. You’ve got to get people invested in him to be president,” said Lis Smith, Buttigieg’s senior communications adviser. But the campaign sees opportunity in the fact that approximately a quarter of Democrats still don’t know Buttigieg.

“People’s votes are not locked in,” Smith added. “Now’s the time we’ve got to start converting.”
“I think he’s got an uphill struggle. He’s up against three well-known and boisterous candidates,” said Karen Pontremoli, a former chief of staff to Ross Perot who gave the maximum donation to Buttigieg during a Martha’s Vineyard fundraiser

benjipwns

« Reply #42740 on: September 02, 2019, 11:23:02 PM »
“Do we want to hand over the reins to just another Washington politician?,” asked [campaign manager] Schmuhl. “As the field winnows, outside of Andrew Yang, Pete’s the one person in the top tier who doesn’t have D.C experience. And I think that’s a good thing.”

Schmuhl also telegraphed that while Buttigieg represents a return to civility to politics, he also realizes the other component crucial to success is “having a little sharper elbow to compete in this primary and then take the fight to Donald Trump.”
wow, he's going to attack Trump?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #42741 on: September 02, 2019, 11:25:07 PM »
“He’s nice, but who the hell is he? … He’ll have his time. There’s no urgency to make Pete Buttigieg president,” said Jeff Silberman, the president of a California real estate company who gave the maximum contribution to Buttigieg but explained the factors holding him back.

“Odds are we’re probably going to end up with Joe Biden as our next president,” Silberman added. “I think Pete will have his day in national office, if not president, maybe vice president, maybe a Cabinet office, maybe a senator.”
man, with supporters like these

benjipwns

« Reply #42742 on: September 02, 2019, 11:33:31 PM »

This hurt a lot of people.

and so forth.

I can’t believe people thought this was real.

Of course it’s doctored dummies. That’s the fucking joke.

Edit: must be the same people that believed the NX controller leak.
this person is the winner, especially for tagging in @TwitterSupport:
https://twitter.com/BedlamUSA/status/1168308402713432064
https://twitter.com/BedlamUSA/status/1168505100924608513

Tripon

benjipwns

« Reply #42744 on: September 03, 2019, 01:52:24 AM »
I gotta admit that as books are coming in that start to move into covering the Trump administration it's funny to see how they cite and use his Twitter statements. Some people are like "nope" and just cite articles citing his tweets, others just give up and do "Donald Trump, @RealDonaldTrump, Twitter" because that's clearly the only way to do this.

Like this National Security Council book, for them talking about Reagan/Bush/Obama it's something like "the Obama team felt the Pentagon was working against them" with the citation being like some long form NYTimes article or Bob Woodward book or interview with a NSC member. But for Trump it's all like "Trump felt the deep state was opposing him" and the citation is Trump, on Twitter, "DEEP STATE! SAD!" It's like the Reagan Diaries, but in real time and no rewriting like Reagan did.

benjipwns

« Reply #42745 on: September 03, 2019, 02:16:19 AM »
I don't know how many of these will be cited in books:
Over the long weekend, President Trump monitored Hurricane Dorian from a golf cart at his club in Virginia, calling for regular updates from an aide trailing him around the course. By 8 p.m. Monday, as Dorian churned toward Florida and Mr. Trump’s boarded-up Mar-a-Lago resort, the president had golfed twice and since Saturday morning pelted the American public with 122 tweets.

“In addition to Florida — South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated,” Mr. Trump wrote in a tweet shortly after departing Camp David for Washington on Sunday morning. “Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!”

Mr. Trump’s commentary on the hurricane was not wholly accurate. The National Weather Service quickly walked back one of his assertions: “We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane Dorian will be felt across Alabama,” officials said on Twitter.

Always eager to have the last word, Mr. Trump on Monday attacked an ABC reporter who said the president had wrongly inserted Alabama in the list of states.

“Always good to be prepared!” Mr. Trump wrote by way of explanation.

But the president’s concern for Florida, a state of political and personal importance to him, did not seem to waver going into the weekend. On Friday, he took questions from reporters about the ability of Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Fla., estate, to withstand the winds.

“Yeah, it would look like Mar-a-Lago is dead center,” Mr. Trump said. “But, look, Mar-a-Lago can handle itself. That’s a very powerful place.”

As Dorian grew in size and strength, Mr. Trump appeared to marvel at the storm’s sheer capacity for devastation: “Being hit like never before, Category 5. Almost 200 MPH winds,” the president tweeted on Sunday. Earlier, during a hurricane briefing at the Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters, Mr. Trump expressed disbelief bordering on reverence for Dorian’s Category 5 status, the highest degree measured by meteorologists on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale.

“A Category 5 is something that I don’t know that I’ve even heard the term, other than I know it’s there. That’s the ultimate.”

Curiously, Mr. Trump has claimed before that neither he nor weather experts had ever heard of or experienced a Category 5. He was speaking specifically about Hurricane Irma in Florida and Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, both in September 2017, and both classified as Category 5.

The Capital Weather Gang, a group of weather experts at The Washington Post, took issue on Monday with Mr. Trump’s remarks.

“Although it might seem like a harmless curiosity or blind spot, Trump’s self-professed ignorance of Category 5 monsters could slow the government’s response to such disasters,” an editor, Andrew Freedman, wrote, “or contribute to confusion at the highest levels of government as well as among people in harm’s way.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday about Mr. Trump’s knowledge of Category 5 storms, or about Mr. Trump’s preparation efforts in general.
golfing? hopefully he's working on his paper towel free throws, he only hit 50% in Puerto Rico :wag

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42746 on: September 03, 2019, 03:38:11 AM »
Who's going to do the book on the everlasting infrastructure week?
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42747 on: September 03, 2019, 04:23:27 AM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #42748 on: September 03, 2019, 05:44:25 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I can tell from the reflections that this is completely photoshopped. Who’s your Russian handler? You okay with this sorta vile content @BireSupport? :wag
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #42749 on: September 03, 2019, 09:32:57 AM »
“It’s too late in the game to keep saying it’s too early.”

OK, but who's on first?

agrajag

« Reply #42751 on: September 03, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1168905586760671238

The whole Internet, it seems, has had a nice laugh. The tweet originally garnered only nine likes and zero retweets; it now has over 32,000 likes and 4,800 retweets. There is something inherently entertaining about the self-proclaimed defender of uncomfortable speech on college campuses coming unglued when he found a sentence on the Internet that he didn’t like. Stephens may be the first person in history to publicly illustrate both the Streisand Effect and Godwin’s Law in a single episode. But the joke turned sour on Friday night, when he published a column that not-so-subtly compares me to a Nazi propagandist. There’s a lesson here, about power and introspection in modern America. But I have my doubts Stephens is ready to learn it.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #42752 on: September 03, 2019, 11:40:37 AM »
Funny thing about it is Dave went to Bret's house to say it to his face, but Bret just hid behind the couch until Dave left the front porch.
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #42753 on: September 03, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/30/elizabeth-warren-2020-competitors-1477953

But she weathered those attacks, and strategic decisions by her campaign have helped make her an elusive target. She began addressing her biggest obstacle, her previous claims to Native American ancestry, in 2018 by releasing a DNA test before she announced for president. That allowed some of the hardest hits to unfold outside the presidential race.

Also gonna do a Hot Take here and say it was probably better for her to bite the bullet and dive on the DNA sword ahead of her candidacy announcement than her getting trapped in a media tidal pull of "WHY WON'T SHE ADDRESS IT, IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS SINCE TRUMP STARTED SAYING POCOHANTAS."

:trumps

spoiler (click to show/hide)
could be possible that Warren was always going to be a second tier candidate with Bernie and Biden in the race.

:heyman
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #42755 on: September 03, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/conversion-therapy-crusader-has-something-say-he-s-gay-n1049146

If you pray the gay away too hard, next you'll be praying the gay to stay. :heh
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #42756 on: September 03, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »
lmao if you think Trump won't obliterate her with the DNA/Pocahontas stuff if she makes it through to the general

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #42757 on: September 03, 2019, 04:25:06 PM »
No one outside of his base will give a shit. It will make him look petty and small to middle America.

Tasty

« Reply #42758 on: September 03, 2019, 04:29:43 PM »
Honestly, and I could end up being totally wrong on this, but my gut feeling is... Trump's nicknames have a curve and an eventual decay. I don't think they have indefinite staying power. If you're dredging up dusty artifacts from 2016 as your main weapon, it may not be a sound strategy.

From his base's perspective as well, Pocahontas is old hat. His newer insults for other candidates are gonna get more play and lols in the primary.

But who knows at this point. Like I said, I don't. :idont

Tasty

« Reply #42759 on: September 03, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »
lmao if you think Trump won't obliterate her with the DNA/Pocahontas stuff if she makes it through to the general

"obliterate"

For the record he didn't even obliterate Hillary in the election he won, she did it to herself. And the primary that produced him can only be described as a self-implosion from all sides as well.

Additionally I'm not sure what more he could say that hasn't already been said, but that's incumbent on Warren not to hand Trump any additional rope. Which she has been good about so far, but I concede she still hasn't faced him head-on. (However, I'd also point out that hasn't stopped Trump from going after the other candidates' gaffes, though.)

agrajag

« Reply #42760 on: September 03, 2019, 04:38:53 PM »
No one outside of his base will give a shit. It will make him look petty and small to middle America.

tell me again how his petty shit worked against Clinton? Obviously I hope you're right, and any Dem candidate is vastly preferable to Trump, even Biden. She's just a vulnerable candidate and crumbles under pressure even during a Breakfast club interview.

agrajag

« Reply #42761 on: September 03, 2019, 04:40:17 PM »
I hope you are right Tasty.

:yeshrug

Tasty

« Reply #42762 on: September 03, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »

You have more faith in middle America than I do, but for sure they're not going to be warm on Trump if all he can offer is a slur while economic and healthcare issues continue to grow at a national scale.

agrajag

Tasty

« Reply #42764 on: September 03, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
#latestagecapitalism

agrajag

Tasty

« Reply #42766 on: September 03, 2019, 06:30:22 PM »
Just because Trump's lowered the standards on discourse does not mean I prefer they stay that way. This is a miscalculation by Beto I feel.

kingv

« Reply #42767 on: September 03, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »
Beto really missed the boat by not going with the much more impactful “this is fucked up like clown pussy”

agrajag

« Reply #42768 on: September 03, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »
it's kind of gross that they are using a tragedy to sell shirts, even if Beto is sincere in his outbursts. Also the 3.0 Pottymouth Beto rebrand has a strong "how do you do fellow kids" energy

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42770 on: September 03, 2019, 06:50:06 PM »

tell me again how his petty shit worked against Clinton? Obviously I hope you're right, and any Dem candidate is vastly preferable to Trump, even Biden. She's just a vulnerable candidate and crumbles under pressure even during a Breakfast club interview.
With Trump it's hard to tell at this point if he wants to get re-elected. If he does he'll pull the most insane show this planet has ever seen.

An interesting thing to watch is the news networks. They know that things will be a lot more boring with Biden or Warren in the White House compared to Trump.
CNN, MSNBC and tons of TV shows would lose 90% of their material overnight. With the Russia thing going nowhere the ratings were already dwindling.

Obama had an eventful Presidency for sure but nothing compares to this.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42771 on: September 03, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »

With Trump it's hard to tell at this point if he wants to get re-elected. If he does he'll pull the most insane show this planet has ever seen.

An interesting thing to watch is the news networks. They know that things will be a lot more boring with Biden or Warren in the White House compared to Trump.
CNN, MSNBC and tons of TV shows would lose 90% of their material overnight. With the Russia thing going nowhere the ratings were already dwindling.

Obama had an eventful Presidency for sure but nothing compares to this.

Hopefully they treat his dumbass like any other politician instead of being "OMG TRUMP".

I've always been curious to know what the Obama admin pulled off on the DL during the Tan Suit Travesty (TST).

agrajag

« Reply #42772 on: September 03, 2019, 08:30:44 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42773 on: September 03, 2019, 09:24:32 PM »
this is such a weird headline

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1168950821410758657

They should have added that Sanders plummeted into second.

Tasty

« Reply #42774 on: September 03, 2019, 09:35:38 PM »
Sanders has been #2 from the start.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #42775 on: September 03, 2019, 09:38:01 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/conversion-therapy-crusader-has-something-say-he-s-gay-n1049146

If you pray the gay away too hard, next you'll be praying the gay to stay. :heh

Clearly the noble soul absorbed The Gay from his patients.

Pissed me off. Pasty ass people with snowflake syndrome using entire peoples/cultures/ethnicities as deco.
"I'm totally exotic with 1/64th Whitefeet DNA".
No ya ain't, and cultures don't exist as flavour enhancers for you to use as a hat.

benjipwns

« Reply #42776 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »

The plan for former GOP-er Warren to sneak into the Democratic Party and win the Presidency and then reveal she never stopped being a GOP operative and tear apart the government is on track. :jeb

agrajag

« Reply #42777 on: September 03, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »
another weird tweet

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1168871320085520385

She slipped to 4th? From where? Do these people just sandbag articles and sit on them and publish them months later?

kingv

« Reply #42778 on: September 03, 2019, 10:11:40 PM »
It’s that devastating deep fake where she was excited over a prison bus.