Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213577 times)

Bebpo

Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #1080 on: June 22, 2017, 12:54:30 AM »
Got to the tower camp in the Ruby Sea. MSQ isn't really grabbing me so far tbh. Like I'm glad it's an adventure with a party like HW compared to ARR's zzz plot, but idk I don't find any of this interesting and Kugane isn't for me (woohoo, another Japan themed place and now everyone dresses Japanese and is a samurai and it's weeaboo land ;_;). I still enjoy all the combat moments and dungeons/trials because FF14 shines in those, but without a really compelling/gripping story all the "go talk to this person, then this person, then this person" which is 75% of the MSQ is just kind of tiring which is why I haven't made a ton of progress.

That said, I really like The Ruby Sea map design. I always through it would be neat to have a map like that. Only way it could've been better is if you could get a boat that you could ride around freely until you get flying.

I'd rather be playing all the 3.x content I still need to do (hard dungeons, Alexander, Warring Triad, Extreme battles) but everyone is playing SB so can't get people to play that with right now.

Also I hit a really REALLY bad bug in The Ruby Sea where my quest giver gave me the quest and the screen glitched and they still had the quest giving icon over their head and talking to them did nothing and the quest didn't appear on the map or in my journal. Leaving the area and coming back didn't fix it. When I quit the game and came back the quest giver had vanished completely with no MSQ quest in my journal or on the map but I turned on that new main scenario guide and it showed me where to go next and even though it didn't appear on my mini-map when I got there I find the person with the next step over their head. Was kinda scary because if that didn't work, I would have just had my MSQ vanish this far in :|

Bebpo

« Reply #1081 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:35 AM »
Got to the underwater stuff and liking it a lot more. Feels like it's bringing something new to the series. Plus I like the beast tribe. Ruby Sea is definitely a great map. Feels straight out of Zelda with all the parts to it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1082 on: June 22, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »
Definitely feeling the burnout as I realize there was no point in marathoning through 3.x to be at SB for launch. The "launch MMO" feel I wanted where fates are occupied and places are full of people lasted basically first two days of early access and that was that. This whole week whenever I play, it's the same as when I was playing ARR or HW: empty fates, barely see anyone besides a few people at each town talking to quest givers, only chat on the map are people shouting out A/S hunt locations. Otherwise when going around you hardly see people thanks to the dumb instances (so if there's 100 people in a map, you only get 33 in a huge map in your instance) and just the fact the game has a lot of maps/locations at this point so people are spread around.

The other thing that I was rushing to get to launch for besides occupied fates was doing dungeons where people are all doing it for the first time. But nope, every dungeon/trial at least half the party, if not everyone but you has already done it multiple times and knows exactly what to do and is only in your party because they're doing a roulette. Only time I've ever had a party of 4 first-timers was the 3.3 dungeon.

So yeah, no point in rushing the game. Might as well just enjoy it at your own pace. I was around ~370 hours in when I picked Heavensward back up less than a month ago, finished it and 3.x and probably like 1/3rd through SB now and almost at 500 hours, so played like 120-130 hours in the last month. Might take a break for a bit. Maybe finish the MSQ and then go on break.

Bebpo

« Reply #1083 on: June 23, 2017, 01:47:04 AM »
Did the first warring triad trial Sephirot (hard). Was pretty cool and fun battle. Kinda ;_; that I'll never get to experience the real extreme version cause I've got to imagine it's pretty challenging. Now everyone will be unsync 70. At least I got to do Thordan extreme before SB came out.

Also did Susano. That was a good fight. The one thing I'm noticing in SB with dungeon bosses and trial bosses is that they take like 2x as long as pre-SB bosses did. I'm not sure if this is because everyone isn't ridiculously over-powered and down syncing from max level, or if they just made bosses in SB have more HP. I don't mind the change too much as it makes it a little more of an endurance fight which works well for big bosses.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1084 on: June 23, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »
My friend told me to tell you guys no one was in fates because everyone is chain running front line pvp with the +4% exp food to get 700k XP every 10-15 minutes. 

:idont
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1085 on: June 23, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »
tbh they are. p.s. pvp is fun
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1086 on: June 23, 2017, 02:29:18 PM »
My friend told me to tell you guys no one was in fates because everyone is chain running front line pvp with the +4% exp food to get 700k XP every 10-15 minutes. 

:idont

I thought it was only once a day? You can do it over and over again for the xp? :lol they really don't know how to balance their game. 2 years of people doing nothing but PvP to level...guess they really wanted to populate PvP!

But yeah, my frontline queue pops in 2-3mins whereas any other queue is 30 mins+

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1087 on: June 23, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
3 accounts later and a quiet customer support, I finally got the game up and running for good, and can actually get into it now. It's annoying having to do the MSQ again so soon but at least I can skip the cutscenes.

It's on sale on Steam, and Steam Wallet let me use my non-Japanese card to pay for the sub, so I'll be able to use the account just fine after moving (might have issues with optional items though). Also because of all the forth and back, I ended up with an extra game+ARR key I'll probably give away on my Twitter or something.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1088 on: June 23, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
um what is your Twitter
pcp

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1089 on: June 23, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »
You know someone who needs the key? It's EU though, and I'm not 100% it works (although it should since I didn't activate it in-game yet). But region doesn't matter, unless they're restricting payments in EU acc like they do with Japanese ones. Probably just need an EU SE account to activate it.

But anyway

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1090 on: June 23, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
oh right eu. well I'll still follow bc i like your posts here
pcp

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1091 on: June 23, 2017, 06:39:31 PM »
Thanks, and likewise of course!

Bebpo

« Reply #1092 on: June 23, 2017, 06:51:18 PM »
Speaking of keys. SE did not want to refund my non-steam PC Stormblood. So I have an extra NA Heavensward + Stormblood key. But finding someone in NA who plays FFXIV but not on steam...good luck.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1093 on: June 23, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »
well...if you're looking to give it away...i know someone who has the non-steam arr but not the expansions... :-*
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1094 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:25 PM »
Not at the free point yet, but would be willing to trade for like a gifted $15-20 steam game on my wishlist or something.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1095 on: June 23, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
ok gimme a min
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1096 on: June 23, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »
tried to take on an a-rank hunt at 63 and the aoe did 36k dmg. :( i miss being strong.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1097 on: June 23, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »
Ya, I don't fuck with even B rank lvl.70s until I'm lvl.70.
On day 1 though, there were like 100 people taking on A/S-rank hunts in the first area and winning with sheer numbers. Was pretty rad.

Speaking of hunts, I don't get why SB clan uses Centurio seals from HW? Like you can go kill this SB lvl.63 rank 1 hunt and get 3 centurio seals and like 3k xp, or you can go to HW area and easily kill a lvl.56 rank 3 hunt and get 12 centurio seals and 35k xp. Like shouldn't SB either use a new type of seals or make rank 1 SB hunts worth more than rank 3 HW seals? Idk, some of the game design in this game is cray :dizzy

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1098 on: June 23, 2017, 10:26:04 PM »
Started a new character last night, which I plan on playing as much as possible until I move out of Japan. Coincidentally two of the JP servers are currently offering extra XP gain for new players, so I just picked one of those. How long do those offers usually last? Are they time based or level based?

I'll probably do a world transfer to my friend's EU server once I move.. the ping between EU and JP was always really bad, and I can imagine it would be dead by the time I'm awake/available to play. :'( Same goes with US servers probably.

Bebpo

« Reply #1099 on: June 23, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »
Not sure how long the extra GP gain is. I think it's only for levels up to 30 or 50? There's so many xp+ stuff for lvl.1-30 it's pretty nice. Are you still on your free trial period? If so have a friend on the server give you a friend code and you'll get a +20% xp hair feather for lvl.1-30. Combine that with the Hall of Novice +30% xp ring for lvl.1-25 and all the other xp bonuses and you'll level pretty quick!

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1100 on: June 24, 2017, 12:53:22 AM »
UltrosGAF was dead during evening JST. Only had like 2-3 people playing. Anyway, I don't mind trying a EU one when I can.

I did use my friend's recruitment code, but I'm on ARR, not a trial. Will it still work? I haven't been in-game yet, only created a character before going to bed. Will what I need be in my mail?

Bebpo

« Reply #1101 on: June 24, 2017, 01:57:31 AM »
I think you're good, yeah!

Bebpo

« Reply #1102 on: June 24, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »
Did Alexander Turn 1-4 normal with GAF. Was really fun! The production values in Alexander are stellar and the goblins are great. Difficulty-wise, even sync is a joke now and watching the guides after we skipped some boss stages because we killed them too fast, but hopefully one day I'll get a group of people who want to do Savage sync and those will be the challenge fights.

Looking forward to Omega and actually having a challenging set of fights available that you can find parties for.

Bebpo

« Reply #1103 on: June 25, 2017, 03:04:12 AM »
Nah, grinding burns out but it's the best way a lot of the times efficiently to get where you need to be. I know grinding a second battle job to the point I can use it on MSQ would drain me so much I'm just sticking with Ninja until I completely catch up in MSQ. Then maybe I'll work on getting other jobs up there.

Ideally I'd like to have a tank/healer at 50/60 so I can get into queues for 2.x and 3.x stuff quick when I want to do them for fun or with others.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1104 on: June 25, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »
Is there any gil campaign or anything for new players to help with currency? I recall reading something someone said, but I don't remember where so I can't search/ask them. I've got a lot of bonux XP gain and it's going very fast, but I'm so broke. lol

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1105 on: June 25, 2017, 09:23:02 AM »
i cant think of anything offhand that'd be a quick way to get gil. by the time you complete the 2.0 story you should have like 500k+ gil, but other that that you'll have to level crafters or sell orchestrion scrolls or something.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1106 on: June 25, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »
Had some fun with PvP. Won a frontlines match for our team when we were neck and neck so I hung by myself around a unlit crystal in shatter, then when it lit I got a bunch of damage in before anyone showed and it won us the match :rock

Then I tried Feast for the first time and did a ranked 4 v 4. I was doing really good and had like 4 kills and no deaths and we were ahead by a ton, my teammates were even giving me props, especially since it was my first match, then in the last 30 seconds our healer died and it being the first match I had no idea how PvP worked so I kept fighting and died instead of retreating and they took ALL MY MEDALS and won :( Was kinda embarassing :lol  :'(

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1107 on: June 26, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
Btw, I forgot to complain about this here yet, but they nerfed Sprint from 30 to 60 seconds. :lol
I'm using a lot of bonus XP stuff now, so even though I'm level 20 now, I'm on MSQ 15-ish so I can't get my chocobo yet. rip

i cant think of anything offhand that'd be a quick way to get gil. by the time you complete the 2.0 story you should have like 500k+ gil, but other that that you'll have to level crafters or sell orchestrion scrolls or something.
Okay, thanks! Hopefully I'll get that stuff down and going in an efficient way.

« Reply #1108 on: June 26, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »
Sprint nerf is cuz it doesnt cost TP now, so its viable to use in-combat for non-caster jobs.

Did the first warring triad trial Sephirot (hard). Was pretty cool and fun battle. Kinda ;_; that I'll never get to experience the real extreme version cause I've got to imagine it's pretty challenging. Now everyone will be unsync 70. At least I got to do Thordan extreme before SB came out.

Just gotta do them with a lower amount of people then. My crew and I did all of coil unsyced as a 4 man light party around when HW launched, and stuff was still really hard due to how much more complicated the fights are with less people. Speedstats and I two-manned T13 just last night and it was still a fun romp. Now we're gonna see how 4-man Thordan, Nidhogg and the Warring Triad works out once everyone is geared up and ready.

Anyway, fuck this tower, never climbing it again (that's a lie, i probably will cuz the view is great)

Bebpo

« Reply #1109 on: June 27, 2017, 01:26:23 AM »
Welcome back Sunblade!, how are you enjoying SB so far?

Bebpo

« Reply #1110 on: June 27, 2017, 03:44:36 PM »
MSQ-wise I'm lvl.66 at the

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nadeem solo instance
[close]

So I guess I'm about 60%-70% through the MSQ. I like it. Feels like the theme of this expansion is about meeting and interacting with different cultures around the globe and their spiritualism and values vs the standard medieval knights motif of HW. It's definitely a lot more expansive in scope, though nothing so far gets the more in-depth character building on the smaller and tighter HW. The dungeons are amazing and the extra budget that went into production values shines in them. Each of the Othard maps has been solid and felt unique. Haven't explored enough of the Gyr Abania stuff to tell but Fringes seemed kinda foresty -> wasteland whereas Peaks is more rocky mountains? I still have 50%+ to explore on each of them and haven't seen the last map. I'm actually a little surprised the maps aren't more detailed graphically considering they ditched the PS3. Like you can feel it in the dungeons and Hingashi is a little bigger in scope with no separate loading zones, but the maps look and feel about the same imo and sometimes look great and othertimes look kinda PS2-ish. Maybe next expansion they can upgrade the locations visually? I think the best looking maps so far are Azy Lls, Sea of Clouds, Tailfeather and Churning Mists.

The Ninja job quest's been good. If you fucked up doing a Ninja story in Japan, you're a bad writer. Some fun platforming and things to do in the quests in town. Fisher job quest which is the only other 60+ SB job quest I'm doing has been ok so far. Making quest items only spawn during the quest is both good and bad. It keeps people from cheating through job quests by just buying the goal items, but a lot of Fishing money is made from selling job quest items on the MB. I've caught like 30-40 different fish in SB so far and have barely sold any of them even at dirt cheap. There's just no market/use for 95% of the fish in the game and my Culnarian's Desynth level is so low I can't even break them apart for goods. One day maybe I'll grind my Cul's desynth level.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1111 on: June 27, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »
i agree that the maps look less dense than hw and in a lot of areas just less impressive, but i gotta say the art direction in the entire game overall might be my favorite in any game ever. one of the reasons I was so upset that Japanese companies had a hard time initially with hd was because they tend to be a lot more creative with their art design. the west gave us hyper detailed dilapidation, but i wanted a giant beautiful creative 3d world. this game totally delivers. i spent all weekend running around the ruby sea map and visited
spoiler (click to show/hide)
a fishing village, a demon-shaped volcano, multiple undersea cities, an underwater temple, a tower that rose to the sky, pirate encampments, a turtle village, shipwrecks, and more
[close]

and that was all in one map! it's so fun to keep going because i have no idea what kind of wild shit they'll come up with next.

I've of these days I need to post my photos in an online album. they're mostly landscape shots, but the game looks so good that it's fun to go back and check them out time and time again.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1112 on: June 27, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »
Yeah, Ruby Sea is really cool. Wish you could go in the volcano!

« Reply #1113 on: June 28, 2017, 12:28:43 AM »
The /size/ of Ruby Sea is something that still surprises me. Like, the overworld is big enough, but then the underwater and all of the air bubbles are all still part of the same loaded map, whereas we used to think that the bubble transition meant it was loading something different. But nope, can totally see and emote at people underwater and outside the bubbles and can see through them. Kinda blew my mind cause I know PS3 wouldn't have allowed that.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1114 on: June 28, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
Liking it so far but taking my time (lies, work interfering with proper catass). Almost level 65 just got to zone after Ruby Sea.

I did not miss aether currents :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1115 on: June 28, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »
Is there any gil campaign or anything for new players to help with currency? I recall reading something someone said, but I don't remember where so I can't search/ask them. I've got a lot of bonux XP gain and it's going very fast, but I'm so broke. lol

If on low pop server (which you may be as getting double xp), I think you get 1 mil at lvl 30.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1116 on: June 28, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »
is climbing kugane tower part of a quest later on or is it just a personal challenge people are doing?
pcp

« Reply #1117 on: June 28, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »
Both. There's no quest for it, but there's a sightseeing log entry at the top if you want to fill it out and unlock all the paintings for the new zones.

I just did it because if I did the ARR sightseeing log, I could climb some dumb tower.  :punch

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1118 on: June 28, 2017, 05:48:16 PM »
today i learned, thanks to a reddit thread, that you have to retrieve the gil your retainers make after selling something. ive been playing for over a year and a half. i had over eight million gil stored. this is the most shameful moment in my gaming career, hands down  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1119 on: June 28, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »
today i learned, thanks to a reddit thread, that you have to retrieve the gil your retainers make after selling something. ive been playing for over a year and a half. i had over eight million gil stored. this is the most shameful moment in my gaming career, hands down  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

:lol that's a happy revelation!

But like, you never noticed you were selling things for a year+ and you never got any money for anything?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1120 on: June 28, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »
i thought I was just really bad at keeping track of how much I earned and spent :/ when I'd look at my gil after making a sale I'd ask if there was a delay before you got your money, and when people would say no i just assumed i was wrong about how much I had before the sale.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1121 on: June 28, 2017, 09:22:32 PM »
Man, hitting the level lock every level increase in MSQ. It's like I'm 2 million xp short for lvl.67 and I could do 20 sidequests for 90k xp each...or I could just do frontlines twice and get it in 30 mins. Frontlines xp is so good it sorta makes everything else kinda pointless in xp. Might as well just play until each lock and then grind frontlines for 30-120 mins every level. At least I'm getting a Garo armor set out of it.

Or they could just make the MSQ give more xp, so you don't have to pointlessly grind just to get through the story with your first character. Grinding should be left for 2nd jobs.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1122 on: June 29, 2017, 02:01:50 PM »

:lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1123 on: June 29, 2017, 04:42:33 PM »
My Miner hit 60 and I geared him up with scrips so he can join the SB world with my NIN & FSH, doing the job quests from ARR to get to the SB Miner quests. Goldsmith is almost at 60 so I'll be doing that with GSM soon too. Everyone else is still low/mid-50s but I do my GC turn-ins every day without fail + moogle crafting quests + weekly souvenir for scrips so they're all moving up there.

Hit lvl.67 through frontlines grinding (took 3 matches) so will continue MSQ over the weekend, maybe even finish it depending on how much more frontlines grinding I gotta do between levels. Would be nice to be there when everyone I know does Omega next week.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1124 on: June 29, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »
i thought I was just really bad at keeping track of how much I earned and spent :/ when I'd look at my gil after making a sale I'd ask if there was a delay before you got your money, and when people would say no i just assumed i was wrong about how much I had before the sale.
Sending you my thoughts and prayers.

Seriously though, that fucking blows.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1125 on: June 29, 2017, 06:42:54 PM »
All in all not too bad. Imagine if it deleted after 60 days or some nonsense  :doge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1126 on: June 29, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »
dear god stop scaring me

in other news: omg the azim steppe! the visuals! the music! the people talking about delicious food!
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1127 on: June 29, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »
I just passed the 65 gate, heading there tomorrow :hyper

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1128 on: June 29, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »
Been too busy playing other games I aquired from the Steam sale. :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1129 on: June 30, 2017, 02:00:40 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #1130 on: June 30, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
fuck, Stormblood made a change that wastes 20-30 mins of time. They removed carbonized matter from the game since you don't need it for materia melding now. It's not on the MB, vendors don't sell it, quests don't give it. Sounds fine, right?

But there are gathering job class quests that require 99 of it.

So now I gotta go and mine 20+ nodes for 30 mins to get 99 grade 1 carbonized matter ;_; to advance the miner job questline. Guessing Botanist job questline will run into the same issue.

*edit* actually wasn't a big deal. Never collected 99 of things before, only the 40 item leves, but it didn't take too long, maybe 10 mins. It's kinda funny because they changed the job quest dialogue with 4.0, now when you bring carbonized matter back, the person says "yeah, they used to need this for melding materia to gear, but recently they discovered catalyist-free melding so it's useless now, but technology advancement is great! So good for them."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:00:27 PM by Bebpo »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1131 on: June 30, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »
So beb, what is your /timeplayed?

Bebpo

« Reply #1132 on: July 01, 2017, 05:07:35 AM »

Hit MSQ 68, game is great now. Really into it and will probably finish it this weekend. Was up late because I couldn't put it down. Some really good story beats.

Also I finally got a decent armor set for my Ninja, it's...Assassin's Creed gear, which kinda makes sense as a stealth ninja assassin job.

So beb, what is your /timeplayed?

~538 hours over like 5 months of playing.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1133 on: July 01, 2017, 03:23:31 PM »
I am at 1378 somehow. :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1134 on: July 01, 2017, 04:22:31 PM »
Did Alexander Normal A5-A9 this morning with the gaf group. We did the final stage A9 on min ilvl sync so there'd be a challenge. At first I was like ok, this is slightly tougher but still kinda easy surprisingly for min ilvl. I sorta expected something on Coil/Extreme fights kinda challenge.

...then it went to the second phase with the robots and I was like ok, fight's still going, this is cool.

.....then they GATTAI'D and the music kicked in and ohhhh crap, that was AWESOME on min ilvl. Healer had to LB3 midway or we would've wiped. Best fight I've done since Nidhogg's Rage. Good challenge and just a ton of fun. Now I want to do every boss/raid in the game on min ilvl!

Will probably finish Alexander tomorrow or next week and then dive into Omega, which hopefully should be closer to the min ilvl kinda challenge since it's new.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1135 on: July 01, 2017, 06:17:18 PM »
FUCK KUGANE TOWER AND EVERYONE INVOLVED IN DESIGNING IT OH MY FUCKING GOD JESUS
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1136 on: July 01, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »
lol, I'm so not doing that.

Good luck!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1137 on: July 01, 2017, 06:29:09 PM »
I'd rather play every disappearing block section of Megaman as Simon Belmont then do this shit. fuck me
pcp

« Reply #1138 on: July 02, 2017, 02:13:27 AM »
Years of platforming in Guild Wars 2 have prepared me for this day.  EZiest tower climb of my life.

edit: you're not in GAF too are you? a bunch of us were attempting to climb it tonight as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #1139 on: July 02, 2017, 02:38:24 AM »
Ultros (or just the influx from SB in general) has the worst players. Did the 2nd trial in SB and 1 second in the tank runs and starts the fight and everyone is moving before anyone has time to even put protect or explain any mechanics. Like 3-4 people said they were new, but the tank and some of the others just didn't give a shit and started fighting.

This is like every dungeon/trial I've done in SB. No one stops at bosses or talks at all to explain shit. Prior to SB, the player quality was pretty good and people were nice and friendly and talked a bit and would stop at each boss/trial and explain some stuff if people said they were new. But these new players are awful. Glad most of the game is single player and will stick to FC for extreme fights.

:maf