Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213454 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #2340 on: February 06, 2021, 02:32:33 PM »
I see that this is on sale on PSN. Is it something that you can play through on your own or do you need other people?

You need to play with other people but it has extremely good match-making and you don't have to talk with anyone. Also for the story, you'll spend 95% of the storyline doing single player quests. There is an MP dungeon or MP boss fight every level or two. The endgame stuff and optional content is more MP stuff, less single player questing.

I used to be social for a couple years on it, but the last few years I didn't do much besides saying "Hello \o/" at the start of MP stuff. They really made FF14 the MMO for people who don't want to socialize with other people or arrange time to work with other people. I could never play FF11 because you had to actually look for parties and talk to people and actually coordinate times. FF14 you just go on and play when you like for as long as you like.

It's also some of the best Final Fantasy games in the last decade. Each expansion is basically a full sized FF entry. The base game A Realm Reborn is...ok, the first expansion Heavensward is a great FF, the second expansion Stormblood is a very good FF, and the third expansion Shadowbringers is a great FF.
This sounds perfect for me. Thanks Bebpo.

Hope you enjoy it!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2341 on: February 06, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #2342 on: February 06, 2021, 02:56:52 PM »
It is pretty funny how all the Sage moves are essentially Nu Gundam/Freedom Gundam funnel attacks. Funnel shielding is from Nu, Funnel beam blast is from Freedom, Funnels criss-crossing around shooting is from both.

I wouldn't play Sage though. I think aesthetically having wing funnels on a humanoid body with regular clothes looks kinda lame. Unless their AF gear is a mecha suit, I'm not interested.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2343 on: February 06, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
I've leveled all the healers and honestly, the changes to Astro really hurt me. Changing the randomness of the cards really took out some of the challenges and on the fly thinking that I liked.  Astro was by far my favorite healer, but I'm interested in trying out a new one.

Bebpo

« Reply #2344 on: February 06, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »
Getting rid of strategic thinking has sadly been the direction FF14 is going since Stormblood. I wish the combat was more complex and not just learn boss patterns to dodge and tank swap occasionally on Ex/Savage, but they're trying to reach the mainstream AAA space as much as possible and that's just what AAA games are these days.

Maybe when they rehaul the combat at some point (7.0?) they'll build back to more strategic, but I kinda doubt it. IMO Heavensward was the high point of the combat. But then again that's when I joined, so might just be bias.

That's why I like healer class, at least the randomness of your teammates fucking up makes it interesting & exciting.

Bebpo

« Reply #2345 on: March 16, 2021, 01:19:40 AM »
I logged in to make sure I didn't lose my house from being non-active and tried doing my first raid set with RDM.

Within 10 seconds of the first Umbra raid I backflipped off the stage to my death.
I also did it again later in the fight.

Suddenly that backflip alternative skill that I'd never used once in all my hours of playing FF14 RDM made a whole lot of sense.

Bebpo

« Reply #2346 on: March 22, 2021, 11:18:06 PM »
The new Delubrum Reginae raid from last month was pretty amazing. This and the Castrum Lacus Litore raid are probably the best MP content the game has had in a while. They're just the right difficulty as being challenging but not quite Extreme/Savage level. Lots of good bosses. I hope they find a way to keep this content alive since it won't be in the alliance raid finder.

Bebpo

« Reply #2347 on: March 24, 2021, 02:10:22 AM »
Man, that Delubrum Reginae raid (normal mode) with a good alliance setup is such a great fun raid.

I actually think it's a pretty big mistake they let anyone in instead of enforcing 4 dps/2 tank/2 healers. First run I did as tank yesterday was a lot of tanks/healers and it took 90 mins to clear. Tonight was mostly DPS and we cleared it in 40 mins. I feel like that kind of variance shouldn't be allowed by the devs (outside wipes, but neither run had any boss wipes).

Bebpo

« Reply #2348 on: March 24, 2021, 03:55:58 AM »
Also these are the FFXII Judge inspired armor sets. Pretty easy to get one. Takes 4 runs of Delubrum if you run it once a week like an alliance raid. I'm gonna get the scouting one for my NIN.

Beezy

« Reply #2349 on: March 26, 2021, 10:33:16 AM »
The Complete Edition of this is on sale again at the Square Enix store. My nephew built his PC last week, so we'll both be getting that version.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 03:51:01 PM by Beezy »

Bebpo

« Reply #2350 on: April 27, 2021, 03:27:08 PM »
Was logging on and saw Hatching-Tide event ends today and did it.

Chicken outfit is pretty :lol  Log in today and do the quest if you want it!

Bebpo

« Reply #2351 on: May 03, 2021, 02:41:26 AM »
FFXIV, the game where you can dress up as a chicken and learn to play piano

Bebpo

« Reply #2352 on: May 17, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
Endwalker is November 23rd....damn.

6 month delay since it would've been out in early June otherwise.

The kind of crazy thing is there is...almost nothing left between April's 5.5 and this. Almost 7-8 month gap of no new content. There will be a tiny story MSQ at some point building up to the expansion and maybe one more piece of Matsuno relic quest grind, but that's it. Game is gonna be a ghost town in the summer.

If I didn't have the best and most filled out house every which you lose if you don't visit every month I'd probably unsub for the first time until the month before the new expansion drops. The house stuff is evil and how they get you to stay subbed. But my house is the best ever.

Bebpo

« Reply #2353 on: May 22, 2021, 05:15:21 PM »
Got my FFXII Judge gear on my ninja. Looks nice! Still play like once a few for a few hours and run some dailies/weeklies. I've always found it relaxing in small occasional bursts.

Bebpo

« Reply #2354 on: June 18, 2021, 01:59:25 PM »
Finished the Dwarf tribe. FFXIV is the best written modern jrpg.

Bebpo

« Reply #2355 on: August 27, 2021, 03:41:32 AM »
Jumping back into this now. Apparently FF14 is the #1 most played MMO now?

Did the final MSQ half-patch. Was ok, not much of a cliffhanger or major ending before Endwalker, but oh well hopefully Endwalker delivers on the story. There hasn't been much interesting plot setup for it so it's kind of up in the air.

Started on the new Zadnor front area. Guess I'm in for another 20 hours of grind, but it's fun and a good podcast grind area so I'll get through it for the dungeon. The two dungeons in the Bozjan front were some of the best raids in the game, so I'll grind out to get to play this new one and see the end of this Matsuno side story.

Pretty much done after I finish Zadnor though, nothing much left to do at all until Endwalker launches.

Bebpo

« Reply #2356 on: September 02, 2021, 10:57:49 PM »
After a week grinding the new Zadnor zone, hit max rank  :punch

Gonna try to find a party and do the new raid dungeon! Then I'm...done with FF14 until Nov 23rd!

Bebpo

« Reply #2357 on: September 03, 2021, 12:52:42 AM »

Finished the Dalriada in Zadnor. Was an ok raid. Not really worth the grind or as good as the two previous ones in this Matsuno story. Had some cool cameos though Mecha-Tentacle-Diablo is a stupid ass design.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2358 on: September 03, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »
I came back and just wrapped up 5.3, had been gone pretty much since the end of ShB.

I want to get caught up on MSQ and whatever content I want to do this month so I can take another break and not get totally burnt out on endwalker. I have it preordered but am not really hype for?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
as of now it's more Zzzenos/Ascianzzz setup
[close]

We will see though, having fun. Crafting is a total breeze now.

Bebpo

« Reply #2359 on: September 03, 2021, 03:08:52 PM »
Yeah, they've definitely made most things in the game easier/easy. Crafting/Gathering will be a breeze next expansion.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2360 on: September 07, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
Is ff lightning any good?
What

Trojita

« Reply #2361 on: October 12, 2021, 12:57:43 PM »
I'm working my way through the Shadowbringers Post Patch content before Endwalker releases. Any of you play on Primal?

Bebpo

« Reply #2362 on: October 12, 2021, 01:50:08 PM »
I'm working my way through the Shadowbringers Post Patch content before Endwalker releases. Any of you play on Primal?

Yeah, I'm on Ultros which is on Primal. Dunno how cross-server stuff works, but feel free to add me on friends list. I only hop on for like 20 mins/day to do some dailies as I'm finishing up the old beast tribes for something to do and I replenish my sales items daily to make that no effort $$$

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16208337/

But if you want to do any specific content, if I'm free I'll join ya. Can tank/heal/dps, whatever you need.

Is ff lightning any good?

You mean Lightning Returns? Idk, I still need to play it. I hear it's ok. Majora's Mask with 1 on 1 turn-based combat in FF with ugly gfx.

Bebpo

« Reply #2363 on: November 05, 2021, 11:01:08 PM »
Motherfucker, delayed!

Two weeks

But MMOs are weird in that people actually schedule life events around their launches. I had lined up a bunch of free time from 23rd -> 30th. I normally don't care about game delays (I'll play them when they're done & out), but this definitely fucking sucks.

Also two weeks seems really small. Like if it needed more time I could understand a longer delay, but this just feels like they caught some bugs or something and need another two weeks to clear them before launch.

Bebpo

« Reply #2364 on: December 02, 2021, 08:20:13 PM »

Yooooooooo

This is launching in like 6 hours! Final expansion to 10 years or something of FF14! (well story-wise at least).

I've been in media blackout since the first trailer. Don't know much about this expansion besides

MOON
[close]

And the new healer job. Dunno even know what the other new job is.

Was thinking that these days I like my sleep and I ain't gonna stay up until 1am PST to not be able to get in for 30 mins and then run into endless server crashes and be tired af tomorrow and not get much in since I'm so tired.

But idk, now that it's almost time I'm actually getting kinda hyped haha. I think I'll play an hour or something and then pass out.

I am not sure what to expect. The characters left in the story are not very good/interesting, and outside Shadowbringers the Ascian stuff has been pretty blah. But Shadowbringers was pretty good and this is the same writer and the budget for this one is gonna be pretty legit.

I'm not gonna hype myself too much and expect an amazing finish to the story, but I think I'll just be satisfied if it's not a weak meh game. Been a lot of those kind of sequels lately. Just be better than that and I'll be happy.

Bebpo

« Reply #2365 on: December 03, 2021, 02:39:04 AM »
Fuck I'm falling asleep. Don't think I can make it until this launch.

Getting old sucks  :larry

Bebpo

« Reply #2366 on: December 03, 2021, 04:11:14 AM »
Stayed up, watched the opening FMV, can't even get into the lobby without the game crashing.

Going to sleep. This shit ain't gonna work for a few days.

Bebpo

« Reply #2367 on: December 03, 2021, 04:19:53 AM »

My sleep gonna be fucked tomorrow

Bebpo

« Reply #2368 on: December 03, 2021, 04:54:02 AM »

Actually nevermind, got kicked after waiting 30 mins in the queue. Going to bed.

Bebpo

« Reply #2369 on: December 03, 2021, 04:58:51 AM »
Lol, queue is up to 3,700. We knew this launch was gonna be fucked after the insane player count increases this year. And ya, it fucked at launch. Let's see if it's playable at all this weekend.

Bebpo

« Reply #2370 on: December 03, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »
Still broken.

It seems that if you get in you are good so you better not ever log out or AFK.

But the queues are broken and getting in during heavy traffic hours is near impossible because the game puts you in a queue and then boots you from the queue and hard quits the game.

Wonder how many days until they can fix this. Would be nice to be able to play it this weekend...

Pretty sure this is the worst launch of an FF14 Expansion yet, since at least the other expansions you could play even if you couldn't progress in the story.

Bebpo

« Reply #2371 on: December 04, 2021, 02:12:42 AM »
Got in, initial impressions are the music is fantastic, the new jobs are cool, and new areas seem solid so far.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2372 on: December 04, 2021, 02:41:10 AM »
I was off, got in early and played alllll day lol

Almost level 85  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2373 on: December 04, 2021, 03:05:38 AM »
Nice, I haven't even hit 81.

But I like taking my time and doing some gathering/fishing/crafting as I go. I do some of the NPC quests to flesh out the areas, etc... not really in any hurry.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2374 on: December 04, 2021, 10:51:23 AM »
Oh, I am taking my time. I am at MSQ level like 83 still I think. Crafting too hard cause I don't want to gather all that shit. I will hit a wall on the first trial I am sure then go back and do some more of that.

We back in btw.  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2375 on: December 04, 2021, 03:09:22 PM »
Logged in this morning

...and been doing ARR beast tribe quests and lvl.1-10 Blue Mage leveling & spell learning.

Need to warm up before getting back to new content lol

I really wish they could implement quest sync on pre-Shadowbringers quests. Also I wish they fixed the ARR beast tribes to give sync xp so they're not 100% useless outside the tribe story & unlocks.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2376 on: December 04, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »
Lolwut  :lol

I’ve unlocked the pixie tribe last week and wish I would have done way sooner. Charity PLD.

Bebpo

« Reply #2377 on: December 04, 2021, 08:31:11 PM »
Played a bunch all day and got to 81 and finished the Sharlyan side of the starting quests. Just getting started on the Thavarian side. My FSH is almost at 81 already just from stopping everytime I see water and fishing a couple of catches haha.

I'm splitting the MSQ xp between my DRK and WHM even though I know that'll fuck me and make me grind soon. But I figure if I can get both to 81 by the time I hit the first dungeon I can just grind that a few times to catch up.

The most annoying thing is that my main hunting retainer is tied to my NIN job and starting last expansion, DPS is the last job I level. Not that retainer grabs are particularly useful anymore in general, especially not hunting ones since the drops are worth nothing on the market board.

Logged out even though I know it may be a while until I can get back in again. Just can't do all day marathons anymore without life breaks. Hoping that by Monday queues will be a bit better.

Bebpo

« Reply #2378 on: December 04, 2021, 10:40:22 PM »
Yeah, not getting in again tonight haha.

If I can get in at the early AM I might try to world visit my character to a Japanese server so I can play in the evening when it's middle of the night there.

Bebpo

« Reply #2379 on: December 04, 2021, 10:50:52 PM »
Ok, apparently world visit that was coming with 6.0 isn't even active, so scratch that.

Could move the character entirely to a different data center but I've got my house on my server so that isn't happening.

Bebpo

« Reply #2380 on: December 05, 2021, 02:35:00 AM »
Got the 1st dungeon. Good stuff so far. I think I'm undergeared. I'm only around i505. Did the 1st boss with AI as tank and actually died towards the end of the fight. 2 hits KO w/tank.

Will gear up a bit and then do it MP tomorrow if I can get in.

Bebpo

« Reply #2381 on: December 05, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
I saw their PR statement today that they aren't doing anything and blaming it on client side internet connections. I also hear the queues are the worst today yet since launch.

I'm out. It stings missing being there right away with the community for the first week or two of new content and I'd been really looking forward to this and planned gaming rpg schedule around this since I can only play (and remember) one rpg at a time. But it's too much effort to play this right now.

Gonna go play FF4 PR to refresh on FF4 since this is the FF4 expansion. I haven't played FF4 in 20 years and while I recognized

The magus sisters, I didn't recognize that the first dungeon The Tower of Zot and its BGM is from FF4
[close]

Was planning on getting through FF4 PR before Endwalker's launch since I played through FF1-3 PR, but got stuck for 2 months on Trails of the Black and timing didn't work out. But I guess now it does?

I'll try logging in a few times on week nights but if I can't get in during the week, and if I can't get in next weekend, I'm just gonna forget about this game until January when people start to unsub after their first month runs and then will play the expansion then.

Bebpo

« Reply #2382 on: December 07, 2021, 07:18:29 PM »
Man, I'm so over this. Got home in the afternoon and was WFH and thought I'd sneak in the queue while not in prime-time and get in and skip out on work early a bit when I did to play this evening.

Got in the queue at 1pm (PST), only 2,800.

Queue moved the slowest I've ever seen it. People are really milking their time logged in at this point because of the situation.

almost 3 fucking hours later at like 3:45pm I'm down to <600 in the queue.

I'm doing some work and tab back to it at 4pm and oh hey I've been 2002 booted. I sign right back in but too late, lost my position and now 4,800 in queue. So nah, not getting in today. I gotta get up early tomorrow so I can't wait until 9-10pm (PST) to first get in.

They said they upped the data center allowance from 17k attempts to log in to 21k attempts today to alleviate these errors sine 2002 booting happens when more than 17k/21k are attempting causing packets to fuck up. Looks like that 4k extra didn't do anything and prime time is still a fuckfest.

Basically you log in at 8-9am and hog your log in all day or you don't play.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2383 on: December 07, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »
I decided to just black out this expansion and wait for the OCE data center so i can play low ping. seems like i dodged a bullet with these qs

Bebpo

« Reply #2384 on: December 07, 2021, 09:28:55 PM »
One thing that this whole situation has surprised me is learning how small FF14 is playerbase-wise.

You always hear it's 2nd to WoW and super popular MMO, etc...but like there are 3 data centers in NA hosting all the NA worlds and their total capacity is 17k each. So like the max players in NA that can be playing at one time is...51k? That seems...small. You hear about WoW being in the millions at a time and Amazon's New World had 950k players at a point. 51k is not much at all. Like I get not everyone is playing at the same time, but extrapolating from that there can't be more than a couple hundred thousand players in NA.

This probably explains why outside of forums I never meet anyone irl who plays FF14 whereas I know a lot of people who played WoW.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2385 on: December 08, 2021, 12:03:28 AM »
I think it’s simultaneous logins. Once in it’s fine, it’s just getting in. Apparently maintenance tonight, prob free after.

Bebpo

« Reply #2386 on: December 08, 2021, 12:23:48 AM »
Ya, glad they are finally shutting this down and doing something.

Will be interesting to see how queues work tomorrow. Fingers crossed the game will become playable to get in.

Bebpo

« Reply #2387 on: December 08, 2021, 09:07:40 PM »
Was in a 5,000 person queue.
Got a 1016 error and booted. Logged back in and now it's an 8,000 person queue.

Ya, they didn't fix anything.

I did try logging on in the morning when I got up and the queue was 26 people and I was in right away. Pretty amazing the difference between prime time and non-prime time hours in an MMO. But had to go to a Dr. Appt and then work and so only got an hour in during breakfast.

No idea when this will get better. I don't have time to game early morning PST. At least on weekends EST people can get in around lunch and play all day. PST have to get in at breakfast.

Bebpo

« Reply #2388 on: December 10, 2021, 09:08:29 PM »
Haven't really been making any progress in the MSQ. Still after the 1st dungeon just barely lvl.82.

But I have been doing lots of gathering/crafting and all the initial role quests for those. I'd never looked into the crafting changes much since last expansion and this raw material tree thing + gatherer's log actually makes grabbing all the mats yourself pretty quick & easy. Good way to make money too since I always gather/craft more than I need and sell the rest.

Bebpo

« Reply #2389 on: December 11, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »
Queues seem about 90-120 mins but stable off-peak time so far. Been queueing the last few days around 2-3pm PST and getting in right when work ends. Queued this morning at 10am PST and got in around noon after breakfast and morning stuff.

MSQ is picking up in the 3rd zone, might hold off on the side activities/jobs and work on the MSQ for a while.

I'm still kinda majorly disappointed that

Zone 3 spoiler
We wait 8-10 years of FF14 + Expansions to get to Garlemald for a big high-tech sci-fi FF8 style city zone

...and we get there and it's just boring ruins. I like that FF14 has variety in zones, but I feel like a Magitek sci-fi zone (like HW's Azyl Llys but as a real zone full of cities/towns/life) would've been really cool.

IDK, maybe one of the later zones in Endwalker will have something like that. I have no idea what 2 of the 3 remaining zones are. I have a good guess where the final zone is based on the intro/FF4, but there's still 2 zones remaining besides that so who knows.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #2390 on: December 11, 2021, 03:25:43 PM »
Also I wanna shout out to how the Archeon map is a pain the fucking ass to get around initially because the 2nd section has no warp point.

Bebpo

« Reply #2391 on: December 12, 2021, 02:59:19 AM »
Got to the lvl.83 trial. So many cutscenes. Gonna save it and the cutscenes after for tomorrow night. Should be good.

Gotta say on the lvl.83 dungeon though

a bit disappointed that my boi Anima is a dungeon boss instead of a proper trial. Wanted a cool Ex hardcore challenging Anima fight, instead we get a long easy dungeon boss fight yawn.

That being said story-wise I enjoyed how they did Garlemald and its survivors, but the map itself, the dungeon and anima were all a bit bit less than what I would've wanted, though the Frankenstein/Dr. bosses from FF4 were great.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #2392 on: December 13, 2021, 02:32:01 AM »
Finished the first trial. Our group took like an hour and we beat it with 5-10 mins to spare on the 4th attempt. Good stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #2393 on: December 14, 2021, 03:10:59 AM »
Hit the 85 dungeon. I think my biggest two legit complaints outside some minor questionable story elements is there are some real slooooow bits of many quests almost like 2.xx patch between some exciting parts and that some of these areas are not designed well for basic mount speed and non-flying at the start and take forever to get around.

But otherwise, it's pretty great at I guess the halfway point.

Also forgot how easy no effort they've made it to level crafters/gatherers and how you can make $$$ while doing it if you make extra items and sell them. Almost have all my crafters/gatherers at 83 already, will do the next round of role quests soon. Even have my side battle jobs at 82 just from sidequests/fates while main is 85. I like how fast paced leveling is in this series. I feel like after I finish the MSQ I should be able to get all the other jobs I play to 90 in like a week or two max.

Might actually finish this in time for the raid. Didn't think I would because all the server shit, but been getting on around 8-9pm by queuing a couple hours before and getting a good 2-3 hours in each night making progress.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2394 on: December 14, 2021, 06:03:51 PM »
Queues still sucking.  :-\ :'(

I liked EW but think the pacing was kind of off compared to ShB. filler arcs.  :goty2

Bebpo

« Reply #2395 on: December 14, 2021, 07:44:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't think the queues will get better until the bulk of people beat it and casuals who don't stick around for endgame bail off. Normally that would happen within about a month from launch, but because of the queues it's taking people longer to make progress so might even take until February or something to normalize.

I did some leveling with my White Mage and I did the 81 dungeon and got a stack marker and ran towards the tank and the tank got scared and ran away from me while I chased him. Same tank got 5 vuln stacks on the first boss not dodging anything and then said "Oh man, I got so many pokeball stacks LOL AWESOME"   :-\ 

This game is like the easiest game ever to tank in since it's so auto and braindead. Surprised when people still fucking it up. Though maybe them making tanks such an EZ WIN job since Shadowbringers is part of what draws these kind of players to it. No enemity to deal with, fewer enemy mechanics, tons of HP/Def to fuck up and not be penalized (since the healer is the one penalized). EZ mode. I really don't think they should have gotten rid of tanks having to keep enmity. It's like the whole fucking point of a tank?? I get that it means less bad tanks losing enmity and causing everyone to die in dungeon runs, but this is the opposite side of that.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2396 on: December 15, 2021, 12:04:12 PM »
I am actually braving tanking more since I charity-levelled my PLD and am having fun. For the most part doesn't seem too hard and all of them have AOE to grab anything that peels off. I feel like I should know encounters more, but these people will just have to deal.

Bebpo

« Reply #2397 on: December 16, 2021, 06:58:44 AM »
Yeah, tanks scare people because tanks used to actually be difficult with enmity combos, but now they are the easiest job lol

Got to zone 5. Still enjoying the expansion and think it's pretty good. Maybe less good than Shadowbringers, I feel like the cities & zones don't visually and audibly pop & impress as much here, but I also think they're doing a good job with a final entry that pulls everything together from 8 years of game story & characters which a lot of the times when tv shows/games/movies/books attempt it they fail because it's hard, and so far they're pulling it off.

Just like KH3/ME3/MGS4/etc...you have less freedom with your final story since so much is bound by prior baggage, that even if Endwalker ends up an 8/10 good msq that's pretty good for what it's doing and it could've been way worse.

Plus I feel like the raid and post-patch stuff are a big part of each expansion. The Omega raid and Eden raids were really excellent and raised the quality of the last two expansions. Ivalice was amazing too. Nier was ok.

Bebpo

« Reply #2398 on: December 16, 2021, 07:01:44 AM »
Also I don't know when they changed spearfishing to this new mini-game but it's fun. Can also make money pretty fast since it's easy to catch a bunch of a certain fish quick.

I also like the new collectibles system for gatherers.

Bebpo

« Reply #2399 on: December 18, 2021, 06:47:19 PM »
Made it almost through the MSQ without being kicked out once in the game. Then hit the lvl.87 solo duty and got a disconnect error and queue is 2,000+  :'(

Got my Fisher almost ahead of my main MSQ character haha, Fisher is almost 88, miner/bot are like 86 and crafters are ~83-86. They've really made it jokingly easy to level gatherers/crafters these days. I remember when it actually took time and effort.

Feels like the only jobs that actually takes some real time to level are side battle jobs since you basically gotta spend an hour or two a day for 1 level with a couple roulettes and/or latest dungeon run. Otherwise the game is pretty grind free for an MMO.