Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 147254 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #2340 on: February 06, 2021, 02:32:33 PM »
I see that this is on sale on PSN. Is it something that you can play through on your own or do you need other people?

You need to play with other people but it has extremely good match-making and you don't have to talk with anyone. Also for the story, you'll spend 95% of the storyline doing single player quests. There is an MP dungeon or MP boss fight every level or two. The endgame stuff and optional content is more MP stuff, less single player questing.

I used to be social for a couple years on it, but the last few years I didn't do much besides saying "Hello \o/" at the start of MP stuff. They really made FF14 the MMO for people who don't want to socialize with other people or arrange time to work with other people. I could never play FF11 because you had to actually look for parties and talk to people and actually coordinate times. FF14 you just go on and play when you like for as long as you like.

It's also some of the best Final Fantasy games in the last decade. Each expansion is basically a full sized FF entry. The base game A Realm Reborn is...ok, the first expansion Heavensward is a great FF, the second expansion Stormblood is a very good FF, and the third expansion Shadowbringers is a great FF.
This sounds perfect for me. Thanks Bebpo.

Hope you enjoy it!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2341 on: February 06, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #2342 on: February 06, 2021, 02:56:52 PM »
It is pretty funny how all the Sage moves are essentially Nu Gundam/Freedom Gundam funnel attacks. Funnel shielding is from Nu, Funnel beam blast is from Freedom, Funnels criss-crossing around shooting is from both.

I wouldn't play Sage though. I think aesthetically having wing funnels on a humanoid body with regular clothes looks kinda lame. Unless their AF gear is a mecha suit, I'm not interested.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2343 on: February 06, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
I've leveled all the healers and honestly, the changes to Astro really hurt me. Changing the randomness of the cards really took out some of the challenges and on the fly thinking that I liked.  Astro was by far my favorite healer, but I'm interested in trying out a new one.

Bebpo

« Reply #2344 on: February 06, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »
Getting rid of strategic thinking has sadly been the direction FF14 is going since Stormblood. I wish the combat was more complex and not just learn boss patterns to dodge and tank swap occasionally on Ex/Savage, but they're trying to reach the mainstream AAA space as much as possible and that's just what AAA games are these days.

Maybe when they rehaul the combat at some point (7.0?) they'll build back to more strategic, but I kinda doubt it. IMO Heavensward was the high point of the combat. But then again that's when I joined, so might just be bias.

That's why I like healer class, at least the randomness of your teammates fucking up makes it interesting & exciting.

Bebpo

« Reply #2345 on: March 16, 2021, 01:19:40 AM »
I logged in to make sure I didn't lose my house from being non-active and tried doing my first raid set with RDM.

Within 10 seconds of the first Umbra raid I backflipped off the stage to my death.
I also did it again later in the fight.

Suddenly that backflip alternative skill that I'd never used once in all my hours of playing FF14 RDM made a whole lot of sense.

Bebpo

« Reply #2346 on: March 22, 2021, 11:18:06 PM »
The new Delubrum Reginae raid from last month was pretty amazing. This and the Castrum Lacus Litore raid are probably the best MP content the game has had in a while. They're just the right difficulty as being challenging but not quite Extreme/Savage level. Lots of good bosses. I hope they find a way to keep this content alive since it won't be in the alliance raid finder.

Bebpo

« Reply #2347 on: March 24, 2021, 02:10:22 AM »
Man, that Delubrum Reginae raid (normal mode) with a good alliance setup is such a great fun raid.

I actually think it's a pretty big mistake they let anyone in instead of enforcing 4 dps/2 tank/2 healers. First run I did as tank yesterday was a lot of tanks/healers and it took 90 mins to clear. Tonight was mostly DPS and we cleared it in 40 mins. I feel like that kind of variance shouldn't be allowed by the devs (outside wipes, but neither run had any boss wipes).

Bebpo

« Reply #2348 on: March 24, 2021, 03:55:58 AM »
Also these are the FFXII Judge inspired armor sets. Pretty easy to get one. Takes 4 runs of Delubrum if you run it once a week like an alliance raid. I'm gonna get the scouting one for my NIN.

Beezy

« Reply #2349 on: March 26, 2021, 10:33:16 AM »
The Complete Edition of this is on sale again at the Square Enix store. My nephew built his PC last week, so we'll both be getting that version.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 03:51:01 PM by Beezy »

Bebpo

« Reply #2350 on: April 27, 2021, 03:27:08 PM »
Was logging on and saw Hatching-Tide event ends today and did it.

Chicken outfit is pretty :lol  Log in today and do the quest if you want it!

Bebpo

« Reply #2351 on: May 03, 2021, 02:41:26 AM »
FFXIV, the game where you can dress up as a chicken and learn to play piano

Bebpo

« Reply #2352 on: May 17, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
Endwalker is November 23rd....damn.

6 month delay since it would've been out in early June otherwise.

The kind of crazy thing is there is...almost nothing left between April's 5.5 and this. Almost 7-8 month gap of no new content. There will be a tiny story MSQ at some point building up to the expansion and maybe one more piece of Matsuno relic quest grind, but that's it. Game is gonna be a ghost town in the summer.

If I didn't have the best and most filled out house every which you lose if you don't visit every month I'd probably unsub for the first time until the month before the new expansion drops. The house stuff is evil and how they get you to stay subbed. But my house is the best ever.

Bebpo

« Reply #2353 on: May 22, 2021, 05:15:21 PM »
Got my FFXII Judge gear on my ninja. Looks nice! Still play like once a few for a few hours and run some dailies/weeklies. I've always found it relaxing in small occasional bursts.

Bebpo

« Reply #2354 on: June 18, 2021, 01:59:25 PM »
Finished the Dwarf tribe. FFXIV is the best written modern jrpg.

Bebpo

« Reply #2355 on: August 27, 2021, 03:41:32 AM »
Jumping back into this now. Apparently FF14 is the #1 most played MMO now?

Did the final MSQ half-patch. Was ok, not much of a cliffhanger or major ending before Endwalker, but oh well hopefully Endwalker delivers on the story. There hasn't been much interesting plot setup for it so it's kind of up in the air.

Started on the new Zadnor front area. Guess I'm in for another 20 hours of grind, but it's fun and a good podcast grind area so I'll get through it for the dungeon. The two dungeons in the Bozjan front were some of the best raids in the game, so I'll grind out to get to play this new one and see the end of this Matsuno side story.

Pretty much done after I finish Zadnor though, nothing much left to do at all until Endwalker launches.

Bebpo

« Reply #2356 on: September 02, 2021, 10:57:49 PM »
After a week grinding the new Zadnor zone, hit max rank  :punch

Gonna try to find a party and do the new raid dungeon! Then I'm...done with FF14 until Nov 23rd!

Bebpo

« Reply #2357 on: September 03, 2021, 12:52:42 AM »

Finished the Dalriada in Zadnor. Was an ok raid. Not really worth the grind or as good as the two previous ones in this Matsuno story. Had some cool cameos though Mecha-Tentacle-Diablo is a stupid ass design.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2358 on: September 03, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »
I came back and just wrapped up 5.3, had been gone pretty much since the end of ShB.

I want to get caught up on MSQ and whatever content I want to do this month so I can take another break and not get totally burnt out on endwalker. I have it preordered but am not really hype for?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
as of now it's more Zzzenos/Ascianzzz setup
[close]

We will see though, having fun. Crafting is a total breeze now.

Bebpo

« Reply #2359 on: September 03, 2021, 03:08:52 PM »
Yeah, they've definitely made most things in the game easier/easy. Crafting/Gathering will be a breeze next expansion.

MMaRsu

« Reply #2360 on: September 07, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
Is ff lightning any good?

Trojita

« Reply #2361 on: October 12, 2021, 12:57:43 PM »
I'm working my way through the Shadowbringers Post Patch content before Endwalker releases. Any of you play on Primal?

Bebpo

« Reply #2362 on: October 12, 2021, 01:50:08 PM »
I'm working my way through the Shadowbringers Post Patch content before Endwalker releases. Any of you play on Primal?

Yeah, I'm on Ultros which is on Primal. Dunno how cross-server stuff works, but feel free to add me on friends list. I only hop on for like 20 mins/day to do some dailies as I'm finishing up the old beast tribes for something to do and I replenish my sales items daily to make that no effort $$$

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16208337/

But if you want to do any specific content, if I'm free I'll join ya. Can tank/heal/dps, whatever you need.

Is ff lightning any good?

You mean Lightning Returns? Idk, I still need to play it. I hear it's ok. Majora's Mask with 1 on 1 turn-based combat in FF with ugly gfx.