Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 218231 times)

Bebpo

Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2017, 02:18:23 AM »
Also, so this whole Crystal Tower raid is basically an FF3 tribute?  I hope they do stuff like that with other classic FF titles.  Was kinda bummed when the Phantom Train was just a train in the MSQ story mentioned off-screen and you don't actually get to fight an evil ghost train :(

« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2017, 02:24:41 AM »
So you do all of that and then 3 months later the next patch introduces a better weapon that you can get just from a drop or tome trade-in?  Don't they need to like make these ultimate weapons worth it more?

Oh no, not like that. 2.0 launched with the base relic and the Zenith step, then subsequent patches added all of the later steps one by one as the maximum item level avaiable in the game went up. The idea behind the questline is to provide players who don't want to/can't do the high level raid with a means to get a powerful weapon for that tier. When Anima weapons become a thing in 3.X, you were given the option to convert your Zodiac Zeta weapon (which was obsolete due to being a i135 level 50 weapon), to skip the first step of the Anima weapon (though you can still re-buy a replica of it for glamour purposes).

« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2017, 02:32:56 AM »
Also, so this whole Crystal Tower raid is basically an FF3 tribute?  I hope they do stuff like that with other classic FF titles. Was kinda bummed when the Phantom Train was just a train in the MSQ story mentioned off-screen and you don't actually get to fight an evil ghost train :(

The Phantom Train is indeed a train used by the Garleans in Castrum Meridanium. That train on the other hand...  :P

Bebpo

« Reply #423 on: January 16, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »
So the MMO addiction is real.  Servers being down today  :'(  I feel like I've lost the motivation to play any other games.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2017, 11:57:27 PM »
*taps veins*

one more hour....
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »
heard people saying turn off character titles before you finish 3.5. pretty shitty for anyone who's not caught up, but I wonder how bad a spoiler it could be.
pcp

« Reply #426 on: January 17, 2017, 10:59:12 AM »
It's p bad

Also this patch's MSQ fucking rocked.  :punch The cutscene direction alone was better than anything in FFXV's piss stain of a story.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
I'm so hyped they finally gave this game cutscene budget. everything since 3.3 has been epic. 
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »
Awesome to hear the cutscene direction gets better.  It's the one thing holding the cutscenes back at this point in 2.1

heard people saying turn off character titles before you finish 3.5. pretty shitty for anyone who's not caught up, but I wonder how bad a spoiler it could be.

What is a character title?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »
above a character walking around, you'll see their name, fc name, and title. you get titles from achievements and can select them in your character menu. stuff like <<warrior of light >> or ummmm i can't think of any other examples
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
Why would this effect a story cutscene?  Does the NPC have a title that says "SECRETLY THE VILLAIN" or something?  Btw, I've noticed that the main guy on the artwork for 3.5 looks exactly like some NPC dude hanging out at the Archers Guild in Gridania.

Lucretius

« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
There's a major spoiler character title you get half way through the 3.0 MSQ as well. There's a major NPC... let's just call him Joe.  Well when you fight and kill him, you get an achievement and the title "Joe Slayer" that you can proudly display above or below your character name to show off what you've done. The problem is that I might not have gotten to that point in the MSQ yet. I might not even realize that Joe is someone who needs slaying. Well I run across you displaying your newly-won title while you're hanging out in Mor Dhona and now that part of the MSQ is spoiled for me.
lip

Lucretius

« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
Some titles are really cool (at least for a while).  When you beat the last turn of the Final Cool of Bahamut, you get a title "The Final Witness."  And back in 2.XX if you saw someone with the title "Melusine Mauler" you knew they were fucking badass hardcore players.
lip

Bebpo

« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2017, 03:43:47 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.  I've never really paid attention.  Seems like everyone just has Heart of the Party.  But I'll turn it off until I catch up with the storyline.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »
"Alphinaud Slayer"
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2017, 05:06:21 PM »
Well, he seemed a bit of a prick anyhow :p

Tbh, all the twists and stuff so far seemed pretty telegrammed.  Like Marquez who you could see Cid's goggles under his robe hood lol.  Only twist that caught me by surprise in 2.0 was:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thancreed being the masked Ascian guy.  Mostly because they had totally different voices with masked Char guy being Char in the Japanese VA because these days in jrpgs every villain is Char
[close]

Lucretius

« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2017, 05:32:28 PM »
Apparently the Japanese 3.5 title isn't spoilery at all.
lip

Bebpo

« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2017, 10:30:07 PM »
That feeling when you've gotten so strong you start fighting the B rank Elite Hunt and with just your chocobo and then the doorbell rings and you go and get it and then you come back and you've killed the B rank hunt with just auto-attacks and a healer chocobo  :lol

Time to start fighting A rank hunts!

Bebpo

« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »
And the complete opposite reaction when my duty finder team can't beat Odin trial after an hour straight of trying :(

I need people to help me beat it for the quest :(  DPS-wise we had a bad setup too with 2 Paladins instead of any warriors and one of the DPS was a bard.  Just couldn't pass the DPS check :(

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2017, 12:31:11 AM »
lol told you that shit was hard. I can join you tomorrow.

i still wish they'd make an odin ex fight
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2017, 12:35:36 AM »
I don't like the fight, he has so much armor it just feels like you're chipping at it and the battle takes forever.  It's a pain in the butt, feels like a grind.

Also I don't get it.  Sure level is synced to 50, but item level is unsynced, shouldn't my party members who are all like lvl 60 and ilvl 200+ just be melting this guy?  This fight cause me to go spend my poetics and work on getting my full i120 set.  I was at i97 and now I'm at i109 I think.  I had real trouble surviving the red gungnir drops with my <5k HP.  I'd have like 800hp after they dropped and unless a healer was on me right away, sometimes I'd die fighting the gungnirs.  Now I've got 5300hp, but if I get a few more i90->i120 pieces hopefully I can at least get to 6k.

I saw an unsynced party on party finder.  I know I don't get xp, but for quest purposes can I beat things unsynced?

Bebpo

« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2017, 12:45:34 AM »
Also this seems like a bad night for queues.  I'm guessing everyone is playing the new 3.5 MSQ.  Odin took an hour to fill and I've been waiting in this Qarn queue for the 2.1 MSQ for 20 mins+ now with no luck.  Think this is just a bad night.  Gonna bail for tonight.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2017, 12:53:38 AM »
yeah an unsynced win still counts as completion

and yeah that's exactly why queue times suck tonight. everyone's doing new content instead of roulettes
pcp

Lucretius

« Reply #443 on: January 18, 2017, 01:36:49 AM »
I'm glad I turned off Character Titles.  Just finished the 3.5 MSQ and yeah... that title is a huge fucking spoiler.  Not cool, SE.
lip

Bebpo

« Reply #444 on: January 18, 2017, 02:56:48 AM »
So second duty finder group of randoms vs. Odin trial for the night:

Everyone was first timer except for me (2nd time) & one tank  :lol
But me and the non-first timer guy took the lead and started directing people.
First time we did good damage but we got wiped on the spear drops.
non-first timer guy taught the healers how to heal. 
Second time we did alright but we got wiped on the spear drops because our DPS group was not coordinating on a single spear at a time.
I led some marking ideas.  We also had some issue with the first timer tank who couldn't survive and tank Odin and was a little upset  :'(
Third time we did better but one DPS still kept attacking a spear by himself ^^;
Fourth time someone used the limit break on the 2nd spear drop ^^^^^^^^^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; then we wiped on the final attack ><
FIFTH time we did good, got to the end with 2 levels of lb, everyone still alive, I did the limit break and then we piled on and we were just not doing the damage I'd hoped.  It's cutting it way too close
down to the wire, his bar finished and he starts the move and then it cuts to black and give the achievement and cutscene and then it cuts back
and the entire chat is:

FUCK
HOLY FUCK
AAAAAHHHHHHH
OMG THAT WAS CLOSE
SO INTENSE
ADRENALINE SHOT
FFFFFUUUUUUCK

/phew

That is seriously a hard fucking fight.  You need your healers to be GOOD (I could tell the first team I played with where we kept dying it was the healers not keeping us alive after the spear drops, I could really tell the difference with my HP with the second party, I didn't have to worry about dying after the spears dropped before I could even attack them.  Although I was a little higher ilevel from 97-107) and then on top of your healers being good, you need your DPS to coordinate so you can wipe the spears out fast after they drop.  If you can do that then you just gotta not have some random dude use the lb early and then if everyone is alive at the end and you've got your lb and everyone wails on Odin in the final part you can...probably win.  I say probably because the first time I did it with we hit Odin with a L3 limit break and everyone wailing and we still didn't clear and it wasn't close, he still had like 5% HP.  I read he starts his move at 15% HP OR 6 mins remaining and I bet the first group it was always activating when he had like 20%+ HP after 6 mins because we just weren't doing enough damage.  I kept cheering on our 2nd group death after death giving pointers because it felt like our damage output was pretty good so it seemed like the challenge was just surviving, and we did win but even with what felt like good damage output it was way too close.

Like this is one place where I feel like as a NIN (and there's always like 2 NINs in our duty finder parties), having that Blood 4 Blood extra 10% damage would make a difference to the point where I was a little concerned I might need to grind Dragoon to 34 just to get that skill in order to beat Odin.  Pretty sure the other NIN in my party didn't have that either, so we were both doing 10% less than if we were maxing.

And in other news, my Fisherman job is up to lvl.38 which is where my Alt job Paladin is, so next time I go fishing it'll pass that and be my 2nd highest job.  Been moving quick as I just fish while waiting in queues.  Gonna be my 2nd job I get to 50!  Meanwhile my crafters are all slowly moving to lvl.15 right now since they go up like a 1/2 level a day with all my daily turn-ins.  I could focus on a specific crafting job and level it quick, but I realized I like being able to craft full set of equipment for all the various crafting jobs as I level them so by leveling them all together I can make whatever pieces I need which is super convenient.  Plus leveling all the crafters will come in helpful if I ever wanna do other battle classes since I can just outfit them as they level.  Now mining/botany....zzzzzz, although one of my retainers is a miner but is level capped right now at lvl.15 because I don't want to grind mining :(  Maybe after I max out fishing I'll do some mining/botany while waiting for queues.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:19:34 AM by Bebpo »

« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2017, 07:28:11 AM »
Good story. I love reading tales like that.  :heartbeat

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I probably shouldn't mention that me and SpeedStats were duoing Odin yesterday as Warrior and Scholar for drops.  :shh
[close]

I don't like the fight, he has so much armor it just feels like you're chipping at it and the battle takes forever.  It's a pain in the butt, feels like a grind.

Also I don't get it.  Sure level is synced to 50, but item level is unsynced, shouldn't my party members who are all like lvl 60 and ilvl 200+ just be melting this guy?  This fight cause me to go spend my poetics and work on getting my full i120 set.  I was at i97 and now I'm at i109 I think.  I had real trouble surviving the red gungnir drops with my <5k HP.  I'd have like 800hp after they dropped and unless a healer was on me right away, sometimes I'd die fighting the gungnirs.  Now I've got 5300hp, but if I get a few more i90->i120 pieces hopefully I can at least get to 6k.

I saw an unsynced party on party finder.  I know I don't get xp, but for quest purposes can I beat things unsynced?

So how it works is:

If unsyced: Everyone fights at whatever level they have 50-60 and whatever their current item level is.

If content is item level synced, your gear is synced down to the maximum allowed value for the dungeon (say, i230 for one of the level 60 dungeons).

If content is level synced but has no item level sync: Your party members are synced down to the highest level allowed for the content (say, level 53 for one of HW's leveling dungeons), and their gear is synced to the highest possible value you can have at said level (i130 at level 50, i150 or somesuch at 53).

If content is both level synced and item level synced: You are synced down to the highest level allowed for the dungeon and the highest item level possible for that level. This is the case for all of the ARR dungeons, and will be the case for the HW dungeons once Stormblood comes out.

« Reply #446 on: January 18, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
Started working on my Dark Knight Anima weapon, will probably also do the Monk one later.

Sometimes I wonder if I truly love myself.  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #447 on: January 18, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
At least it looks cool.

So thinking about it the next day, I can see why Odin can be easy if you're playing with friends who know what to do (or people who've beat it before and know what to do), the problem and what makes the fight so tough is that if you're paired up with first-timers (and from what I understand, Odin Trial is not in any of the roulette, and there's not a lot of incentive for players who've beat it to keep playing it, so it's likely you will get matched with many first-timers) it's a really tightly designed fight without much leeway and a single player or two not knowing what to do can make the fight basically impossible to win.  You have a healer that doesn't know the proper ways to heal?  You're fucked.  You have a tank who doesn't know how to tank tough bosses and keeps dying?  You're fucked.  You have uncoordinated DPS who doesn't attack the same spear as everyone else?  You're possibly fucked?  Your healers aren't going into cleric stance and your Paladins aren't going into sword oath for the final DPS check?  You might be fucked.

There's just a lot of ways you can be fucked.  It's the first time I've lost a fight in FFXIV and it's the first fight I've felt like maaaaybe I should look into party finder/friends vs. duty finder randoms.  Now I get why duty finder is troublesome for the hardest raids/fights.

Also, thanks for explaining the max ilevel for lvl.50 which all the ARR 2.0 post-content is locked at.  So i130 is the highest, so even with Odin you can't just melt his life down with i250 stuff if you're running sync.  After you get i120 ironworks set, where do you get i130 gear at this point?

And when you're in a party, how do you see the combined DPS #?  I've seen people describe it online for the Odin fight, like 1700+

« Reply #448 on: January 18, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
Hell, when me and SpeedStats were duoing Odin, we still only kill him at the very end of the cast bar for Shin Zantestsuken. That timer is no joke. Odin IS part of trial roulette, he's just not a common encounter to get in it.

To get i130, you have to upgrade your poetics gear by buying either Carbontwine (upgrades your left side armor) or Carboncoat  (upgrades your right side accessories) from the same npc in Mor Dhona. Alternatively, you can get them as drops from doing the World of Darkness raid, as well as an Enchanted Tomestone that lets you obtain an i130 Ironworks weapon (you can also buy the tomestone from the npc). Once you get an upgrade material, take it to Drake at 30x/20y in North Shroud.

When you augment your poetics gear, you won't actually get better equipment than that until you reach the level 55 Heavensward dungeon, so it will last you a long long while.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:53:37 PM by The Legend of Sunblade »

Bebpo

« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
Oh, that sounds easy to get to i130.  Cool, yeah I figure I'll stick with lvl.50 stuff until I start HW since all the pre-HW stuff is locked at 50 anyhow.

On Odin, when I was googling threads last night to read tips a couple said it wasn't part of the trial roulette.  Hmmm, man that would suck to do the roulette as a daily, get Odin with a bad group and then spend 90 mins failing just to get your daily ><

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #450 on: January 18, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
most people will drop loooong before that 90 minutes is up
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #451 on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »
I thought you get punished hard for dropping?  Which makes sense because they don't want players to drop on first-timers who need party members.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #452 on: January 18, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
nope just a thirty minute ban from df i think. and iirc you can drop after a certain number of minutes have passed and you won't be punished.
pcp

Lucretius

« Reply #453 on: January 18, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »
Urth's Fount (Odin's trial) is not a part of the Trials Roulette.

Odin is not a difficult fight mechanically. It is just a tight DPS check, even at i130. People still have incentive to run Odin as it's often included in the weekly Wondrous Tails. You'll see it in Party Finder unsynced.

The Extreme Trials are not part of the roulette system because they were not designed to be played with random players. When extreme trials are first released you cannot even do them via Duty Finder until they've been out for a few months. Upon release, they're now included in the relatively new Raid Finder, which allows you to queue only into parties with other people who have cleared the duty before if you want to be more selective.

You can also upgrade your i120 Ironworks gear with items dropped from the final three turns of the Final Coil of Bahamut (FCOB). FCOB also drops i130 gear and i135 weapons. FCOB turns are also included as part of the weekly Wondrous Tails. So you'll see unsynced Party Finder groups looking to run them as well.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:26:07 PM by Lucretius »
lip

Lucretius

« Reply #454 on: January 18, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
nope just a thirty minute ban from df i think. and iirc you can drop after a certain number of minutes have passed and you won't be punished.

Thirty minute ban for dropping out even if you drop out with ten or less seconds on the clock.
However after 15 minutes you can initiate a "Vote Abandon" and if a majority of players vote yes, the duty will end early with no penalty.

You do not incur a penalty for leaving a duty with an under-manned party. So if someone leaves early and incurs the penalty, you can leave and will not incur the penalty yourself. Just be sure you leave before the duty Finder replenishes your ranks.
lip

Bebpo

« Reply #455 on: January 18, 2017, 03:37:18 PM »
Odin is not a difficult fight mechanically. It is just a tight DPS check, even at i130. People still have incentive to run Odin as it's often included in the weekly Wondrous Tails. You'll see it in Party Finder unsynced.

I'd argue that it's still tough beyond the DPS check after watching 2 random duty finder parties wipe about 3-4 times each before even getting to the DPS check.  It's just one spot when the second spears drop and he simultaneously releases a screenwide attack or something and it does hard damage to everyone that can kill off some uncoordinated party members and then the healers try to revive them and sometimes fail/die and it all goes downhill to a wipe.  Obviously the trick is after the 2nd set of spears drop and everyone is low on HP, that all the DPS group on a single spear and the healers do an AoE heal to get them back to ok.  If the DPS are dumb and split up and all have like <1k hp, the healers are scrambling to heal them at different places and several DPS will die.  Also if that happens + 1 or more of your tanks die or 1 of your healers die...yeah.

In fact, at the end of my two parties of fighting Odin, I felt like if you all survive that 2nd spear drop and get rid of the spears with everyone still alive, you've passed the biggest hurdle and now it's just a numbers thing to see if you pass the DPS check.  I mean that part isn't even scary/tough it's just everyone hits and you see how the numbers add up.  The second spear drop is a lot more chaotic running around imo from my limited experience.

That second spear drop part is a challenging healing/survival check and harder than any other battles I've encountered so far in ARR.  I'm sure there's tougher stuff to come, but it's a good challenge.

Lucretius

« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
Well, it's a healer check for sure in addition to being a DPS check. But there aren't any really tricky mechanics. It's certainly tougher than most of the ARR content but no where near Extreme/Savage difficulty. It's probably the first non-Extreme fight where you can't have any weak links, but coordination is still minimal. Most non-EX fights just take longer to complete if you have one or more weak links. Odin requires everyone to at least know their job.

And the healers hope to god the DPS have the appropriate self-healing cross-class skills.
lip

Lucretius

« Reply #457 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
With the new cross server Party Finder, I'd be glad to run anything with you guys.  I'm on Behemoth server, Primal Data Center
lip

Bebpo

« Reply #458 on: January 18, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
Under the weather but got a little in today.  Googled NPCs for triple triad and got my last few cards to 60 after the new 3.5 imperial booster back gave me a bunch more cards.  Playing NPCs with ridiculous decks and rules and RNG with a pre-60 deck is brutal.  Now with a 60 deck it seems ok.  Why do I have a feeling Stormblood will introduce the next rank at 90 cards where you can have as many 4-star cards as you want and then I'll be grinding NPCs for cards again ><. Anyhow, now I just gotta make my decks and I can play people.

Did Garuda (hard). was easy.  Didn't feel any different strategy-wise than normal besides the clones at the end but everyone just wailed on the real one and it ended.

Did Thornmarch.  Cute fight but not mechanically interesting.  Just kill the adds, kill the boss, a bit underwhelming. 

Random cool 3.5 thing, I like that I can jump straight into a duty finder queue pop-up mid-triple triad NPC match.  I missed a queue once because was in a game and accidentally hit rematch instead of quit.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #459 on: January 18, 2017, 11:10:35 PM »
lol try thornmarch extreme now for extreme controller-throwing action
pcp

« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »
Garuda is probably the easiest of all the Hard mode primals. She used to be harder but well.... gear just destroys everything you used to have to worry about. Doesn't even have a "stop what you're doing and do this" mechanic like Ifrit.

The current TT ranks have existed since ARR and didn't get boosted for Heavensward, so SB prob won't change that.

4 star cards stay losing.  :maf

Bebpo

« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:54 AM »
Garuda is probably the easiest of all the Hard mode primals. She used to be harder but well.... gear just destroys everything you used to have to worry about. Doesn't even have a "stop what you're doing and do this" mechanic like Ifrit.

The current TT ranks have existed since ARR and didn't get boosted for Heavensward, so SB prob won't change that.

4 star cards stay losing.  :maf

Hmm, you're right.  4 star cards have 0 point right now since you are always going to default to a 5 star card for your one "ultimate" card and then either have a 1-star, 2-star, or 3-star deck.

I do think they're going to expand to a "gather 90 cards for 4 star deck" and then later "gather 120 cards for 5 star deck" just because those add more grind time-wasters to battle NPCs for their RNG drop and MMOs, especially FFXIV, seem to love to introduce new systems to grind more and more.  But the longer it takes, the better because getting to 60 was a pain in the ass and I don't want to have to get to 90 anytime soon (and hopefully by the time 90 requirement is introduced I'll have gotten a ton more from drops in dungeons; that's the most fun way to get them).

lol try thornmarch extreme now for extreme controller-throwing action

So I googled a bit to see what this was and in theory reading the fight it sounds fun, but I'm guessing in reality it's a pain because I stumbled across many threads saying no one plays Thornmarch extreme more than once because it's a pain in the ass.  From what I gather the big deal is that you have to be consistently hitting the BLM/WM to stop them from casting wipe attacks?  One thread I saw said you just need a ranged DPS hitting both back and forth when they start to cast and you're good.  Dunno, I'll see for myself when I get to the Extreme fights.  I keep hearing Titan Extreme is a bit hard.

Bebpo

« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2017, 05:46:15 AM »
Well, I was up late working and the server came back online so finished 2.1 Realm Awoken and did Pharos Sirus.  Nice BGM for that dungeon, but after doing all this higher-level stuff it was kind of melt everything.  I was paired with a Japanese team and no one talked and I realized it's way less fun when no one is talking in a dungeon.  Unlocked Titan (hard) and Thornmarch (extreme), so I'll probably try those next time and some more of the lvl.50 dungeons I need to do before jumping into 2.2.  Still gotta do the World of Darkness 3rd part of the Crystal Tower raid.  Probably over the weekend will do that.

I'm a little over 170 hours at this point.  Figuring will probably finish the ARR stuff somewhere between 200-220 hours at this rate and then will be at HW.  Will definitely finish HW before Stormblood comes out.

So by 3.5 now, with the higher budget cutscenes, is there actually voice acting for the patch MSQs?  Because like with 2.1 I felt at least the opening cutscene and the ending cutscene of 2.1 should've been voiced but none of it was.  Which is kinda lame if all the post-game 2.1-2.5, 3.1-3.5 tons of story MSQ is completely non-voiced.

Oh yeah and glamor is expensive!  Since I got an i120 helmet I went to glamor it to the head piece I like and I went to the AH board to get the glamor item (goldsmith) and there were tons of listings but it's like $5,500 gil for 1.  Pricey.  Guessing at lvl.50 with a crafter you can just make your own?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:53:33 AM by Bebpo »

« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2017, 06:38:01 AM »
There's more and more voice acting in the game as the patches go on. While there's obviously still lots of segments with no VA (cause that shit ain't feasible: see The Old Republic), there's much more effort put into making sure key scenes are voiced.

You can actually make all the glamour prisms at level 30 crafter for that specific type. Not even that long of a wait and there's no level requirement if you want to use it for higher level gear.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2017, 10:19:39 AM »
... level 30? you mean i coulda been making them myself instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars? wtf  :-\ :-\ :-\
pcp

Lucretius

« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
Ah Thornmarch Extreme, aka Mog Ex...

The only primal where wipes are caused by too much damage!  You don't attack the King till end when he's doing his final move. The goal is to DPS all the little moogles as low as possible without killing any of them until they're all around 15% HP. When one dies, the King will heal all the little moogles out of his own HP, so you want them all to have really low HP before actually finish one off. There are three rounds of this, after which the King will begin casting his ultimate move. You have to kill all the little moogles again and begin attacking the King. If you don't kill the King before he finishes his cast, he instantly kills your entire party. If you killed little moogles too early during the first three rounds, the King will still have too much HP for you to kill him before he finishes casting his ultimate move.  Wipes are generally caused by over aggressive DPS or DOTs killing the moogles early during the first three rounds.  Also healers failing to cleanse a particularly mast status effect.
lip

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
bad dps always ALWAYS screws up the fight
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »
Hmm, yeah that sounds a bit of a pain, especially if you get some people who are doing it first time and don't know/don't listen.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »
.... time to make all that money back
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
... level 30? you mean i coulda been making them myself instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars? wtf  :-\ :-\ :-\
:shh

Yeah, I've got a goldsmith at lvl.22 (rest of the crafters are around lvl.12 now), so I'll probably speed the one to 30 so I can make glamors for my NIN.

Bebpo

« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »
.... time to make all that money back

My current income is selling fish I catch each day while working on my daily fishing GC turn-in at like 75% of the lowest price on the AH.  Get like 2,000-5,000 gil a day.  At this point, that's enough for me to get by. 

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »
just make sure it's the right class for the type of armor ninjas wear. or ask me since apparently I can make them all already.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »
It is, because I just bought one last night and it needed goldsmith!  I didn't even know that when I leveled goldsmith above other crafters to have a materia melder, so luckily it works out.

Also, I realized why I'm slowly gaining xp.  None of the dungeons/trials at lvl.50 have XP completion bonuses lol; it's all just Poetics.  Still about halfway through lvl.52 right now. 
Btw, if all you get from a lot of this stuff is Poetic tomes, why are people who are in HW/lvl.60 doing it?  I assume you stop needing Poetic Tomes once you've moved to the next currency.

Lucretius

« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
level 50 dungeons are part of some daily roulettes that give current tomes. They are also part of weekly Wondrous Tails.
lip

Bebpo

« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
My thoughts though are people don't want to buy 99 of an item usually and it just inflates the price.

Like you have a 500gil item.  Ok.  But you like on AH and all the listings are 99 of them, which is a little under 50k gil.  I don't want to pay 50k for a 500gil item wtf.  Now if someone is selling them in quantities of like 5 or less, I'll go with that.  So when I sell stuff I usually sell like quantities of 3-5.

« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2017, 06:05:02 PM »
Yeah, the key to making dosh via the market board is knowing what sells and what doesn't. There's even good money to be made indirectly selling to gil sellers by crafting the black mage equipment their bots buy from the market board to farm shit with.  :shh

As shown by this year's Eorzea Census:

It is, because I just bought one last night and it needed goldsmith!  I didn't even know that when I leveled goldsmith above other crafters to have a materia melder, so luckily it works out.

Also, I realized why I'm slowly gaining xp.  None of the dungeons/trials at lvl.50 have XP completion bonuses lol; it's all just Poetics.  Still about halfway through lvl.52 right now. 
Btw, if all you get from a lot of this stuff is Poetic tomes, why are people who are in HW/lvl.60 doing it?  I assume you stop needing Poetic Tomes once you've moved to the next currency.

Once you reach level 60, those previous roulettes gain current tier tomestones as a reward in place of the experience reward people under 60 get. Plus, some things at level 60 (anima weapon, desynthesis, etc) ask you to spend poetics on mats, so its never a bad thing to have.

Bebpo

« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »
Yeah, I get it.  But idk, just don't feel like gaming the system.  I'm trying to roleplay here, not get rich in gil :P

« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »
Also since you mentioned it in a prev post:

If they were ever gonna add upgrades for 90 and 120 cards, they've long since missed that boat.  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2017, 07:38:56 PM »
Not really indicative.  They can add them and people who are devoted will already have those numbers and so they'll get to skip the grind.  The rest of us with 60-70 cards will get to grind for 10-20 hours to get to the next rank to be competitive :P

I also wonder, if they eventually unlock 5-star decks if decks will be too good and it'll be like impossible to beat other cards if they are all As and 8s/9s.

Bebpo

« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2017, 07:44:15 PM »
3.5 looks really damn cool.

It sucks that I get slammed with fatigue when I've tried playing this game recently. Which really sucks because I'd love to finish up some good content or get in with y'all.

Ironically it started kicking in when I made the other thread urging others to play.

I'm sure I'll get hyped again really soon, depending on the stream tonight it could be sooner rather than later.

Yeah I get fatigued sometimes.  Like some of the stuff feels like too much effort so I'm not as motivated to play like if I want to do Thornmarch (extreme) or World of Darkness raid I feel like I gotta do it after I've had enough sleep and decent energy.  When I'm tired that's when I fish and craft and single player quest until I hit a MP mode.  Don't have the energy for multiplayer with randoms sometimes.  Although playing with others helps a lot.  Like I really enjoyed doing dungeons with PT.  Probably some of the most fun I've had and I'd always be up to do stuff with PT because I know if I'm slacking or something he'll help me out.  Likewise Bu if you're online I'm always up to play together.