Poll

Did this become a thing or did it just die?

LOL
7 (11.9%)
Fuck off
4 (6.8%)
No one wants this shit
23 (39%)
Maybe
16 (27.1%)
Yes
9 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: VR  (Read 8310 times)

Bebpo

Re: VR
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2019, 10:28:12 PM »
Yeah, I've heard multiple people say that about quest.

naff

• Working on my information gain/understanding process
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2019, 10:44:01 PM »
it's true. first hour it didn't seem an issue at all. but it builds up. for me, it's less any neck soreness and that it feels quite heavy on my face, digging into my cheekbones and forehead after a while. the fabric used for the padding starts to rub p bad too. ordered some leather lined replacement pads and easily swappable cotton covers for the pads. when you're sharing this thing around the foam pad can suck up a lotta sweat  :-X :gaben

apparently the ultra comfort vrcover pad eases the face stress a fair bit more evenly distributing the weight and stops the light leakage in the nose bridge part. john carmack said he hates the light leakage thing, but is starting to see it as a feature not a bug - people like it so they can "peek" down to see things rather than taking off the headset. i'd rather no light leakage in most things though.
(_,_)

Bebpo

« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2019, 12:57:57 AM »
I picked up the new Imagine Dragons pack for Beat Saber. At first I was kinda annoyed that one of the 3 Beat Saber DLC packs was being wasted entirely on one band that I don't listen to, but I went through 7 of the 10 tracks on expert and most are pretty fun to play.

Also difficulty is allllll over the place. I almost full combo'd the first song Bad Liar on my first attempt (missed 2) and it was a fun pattern. The next song was fine too. Then you get to the song Digital and it's like Expert+ arm switching every note and it's gonna take me a while in practice mode to nail this down. Hopefully after practicing a while the patterns will make sense like Overkill in the first DLC pack which is the best and most fun song to play once you get it down.

Still, with only 10 songs like in Beat Saber (at least announced so far. I'm guessing after it they'll focus on a Beat Saber 2 that's backwards compatible with the BS1 songs like Rock Band), I kinda hope the next 10 are a mix of 10 licensed songs from 10 different artists. Would rather have a mix of stuff for now and then band packs later on.

But yeah, some of these layouts are really well designed. It's why I'm ok without mod songs, since the quality of the patterns by the main team is very, very good and keeps getting harder and teaching you how to get better. At some point I'll be ready for expert+ at the rate these tracks are getting harder.

Svejk

• Ruler of the Large Dark Nipple People
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2019, 10:05:21 AM »
Just picked up (triple dipped) Skyrim VR on PSN sale.  So stoked to try it!  :hyper  Now I just need to find time with trying to finish Dark Soul 3 and Bloodstained coming next week.  :dead 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:28:45 PM by Svejk »

Bebpo

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2019, 01:21:18 AM »
Yeah, finished up the Imagine Dragons pack for Beat Saber and most of it is fun and solid with some good dance patterns but Warriors & Digital on expert are straight up expert+ patterns on expert speed. Warriors is like expert+ mild and Digital is like full on expert+ ridiculousness. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get A ranks on these...but will see over time.

Definitely not as strong as the first DLC pack of Monstercats songs, but a solid entry.

Svejk

« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2019, 07:01:21 PM »
Tried Skyrim the other night.  It's Skyrim in VR alright. lol  Those motions controls though...  A bit of a learning curve for them.  It feels good and smooth, but I'm not as accustomed to the Move buttons as the DS4.  It may take me a bit to really get the hang of it.  But I got to say.. this game is meant for VR.  Props to Bethesda for porting it.  I never played the Dargonborn DLC back then, so I look forward to finally playing it.

Svejk

« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2019, 04:18:44 PM »
Oh shit.. Sairento came out in July 10th! (PSVR) I last read it would be the 27th somewhere. Anywho, I will need to get it. I'm reading it's pretty good. Tons of unlockable moves and even has 2p co-op.   Hearing that it's almost like Devil May Cry VR.  :phil

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »
Been out of the PSVR loop for a while. Is Sairento actually good? The PSVR Reddit is filled with such idiocy I can't trust anything anyone there says.

Svejk

« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2019, 06:20:45 PM »
I got it, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  My PSVR backlog is steadily increasing.  I still need to play Skyrim VR, RE7 dlc, Moss extra stuff, amongst other things I've picked up. Damn me and my long RPGs and the little time I have to play them.

Tasty Meat

• You tell a kid thereís no hope, man, just wait and see how fast that kid tells you otherwise.
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »
🐚

Svejk

« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2019, 08:13:02 AM »
I never realized, but there's a demo for Blood & Truth on PSN.  Gonna try it... eventually.

Svejk

« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2019, 03:11:07 PM »
Tried the Blood & Truth demo the other day.  Gotta say, it was pretty damn fun.  The quality of the aiming, especially through a site one eyed, was pretty sweet.  The environments were much more interactive than I expected; from setting bombs, lock picking and climbing ladders.  If only I didn't have so much of a backlog right now...  :-\

kingv

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2019, 04:45:47 PM »
Iím thinking about grabbing a quest.... people still mostly like theirs?

Bebpo

« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2019, 07:08:34 PM »
Taking a break from VR lately due to Beat Saber getting way too hard and stress inducing instead of relieving. They added 3 songs recently to the "Extras" category that are BEMANI style 1000bpm DJ stuff and trying to do those expert is straight out impossible. Even on hard I'm only getting B ranks on two of them. Between a couple of the Imagine Dragons song being really hard one expert and these three I'm definitely concerned that they're going to make expert difficulty out of my skill range, which sucks since hard is zzz when you're used to expert.

Tried the Blood & Truth demo the other day.  Gotta say, it was pretty damn fun.  The quality of the aiming, especially through a site one eyed, was pretty sweet.  The environments were much more interactive than I expected; from setting bombs, lock picking and climbing ladders.  If only I didn't have so much of a backlog right now...  :-\

Yeah, I've played a couple levels and it's dumb fun. I don't think I'd like it half as much if everyone wasn't talking like Jason Statham, but at some point I'll get through a play.

Iím thinking about grabbing a quest.... people still mostly like theirs?

I think so. Biggest concern I still hear is it's kinda heavy compared to PSVR.

kingv

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »
Yeah, Iíve played some pretty cool stuff on my friends ps r, I just donít have a place where it would be convenient to set it up.

I played the ace combat stuff at a friends and it was trippy as hell.

The spider man far from home was cool too, but they should have an extreme mode that goes harder on the web swinging stuff. It felt way too slow.

Iím lucky though, Iíve never felt any nausea when playing... at least so far.

Tasty Meat

• You tell a kid thereís no hope, man, just wait and see how fast that kid tells you otherwise.
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2019, 12:23:45 PM »

I fucking died three times over :dead :dead :dead
🐚