Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1412156 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #9840 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:05 AM »
“What are we” triggers me more than a feminist on tumblr.
Why?

« Reply #9841 on: January 28, 2019, 02:33:32 AM »
She just said “no she wouldn’t call it that because we are just hanging out and because she plans to move she doesn’t want to lead me on”.

I could be completely misreading that but that seems to me like the doors still open for something casual.

But yes as others have said, I would recommend not asking big dramatic questions over text even if it feels a lot easier.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9842 on: January 28, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
“What are we” triggers me more than a feminist on tumblr.

:9

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9843 on: January 28, 2019, 12:06:51 PM »
I was asking why it would trigger her.

I also don’t know why wanting to know something like that is bad. I’d want you know what’s going on in a relationship.

Also my question was “what are we doing”.

And I guess since the “friendship” ended because of that, she wasn’t worth it anyway.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #9844 on: January 28, 2019, 12:18:04 PM »
Lots of guys misconstrue women being friendly with them with being romantically interested in then, viz. "What are we?" dredging up unpleasant memories.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9845 on: January 28, 2019, 12:21:18 PM »
Lots of guys misconstrue women being friendly with them with being romantically interested in then, viz. "What are we?" dredging up unpleasant memories.
not just women

*looks away quickly in hopes Kara doesn't catch him staring across the room*

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9846 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »
This is why dating and talking to women is frustrating bullshit. Now I’m the bad guy? Because I tried to come at this person romantically and not as a friend? What the fuck? Wait so I was supposed to be her friend first and then spring on her that actually I was her friend because I wanted to date her? I was told not to do that. What is going on here?

Like what was I supposed to do here?

Again I iniated this by asking her out on a date. Not, hey want to be friends. I told her early in our interactions that I liked her romantaiclly. It was out out there. Intentions were not unclear on my side. I’m wrong for doing that? What the fuck? I’m pretty sure your peoples advice before has been “hey don’t wait” or “hey don’t make your intentions unclear”. Which I did. And now that was wrong. She even made comments that she knew I liked her. She was not unaware. She made fun of how obvious it was even.

But I guess I was miss reading and she was just being friendly. If she was just being friendly how the fuck are you ever supposed to tell if a girl is interested. I guess that’s impossible.
You literally said you had zero interest in being this person's friend Rahx.    If you are concerned with people knowing things perhaps you could have told  her that fact, and then she could have told you to fuck off because what kind of fucking prick befriends someone they have no interest in being friends with?
I was concerned because it already seemed like we were dating.

And a better question would be why would spend time alone with and be in constant communication with someone who’s already made it known they are romantaiclly interested in you if you didn’t share those feelings. That’s fucked up.

Oh but I guess now I’m learning from the bore that the nice guy friend tactic is the one that works.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:39:23 PM by Rahxephon91 »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9847 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »
Also, things like that need space to grow organically. A text like that can come across as a demand, roughly “let’s get sexy or stop hanging out with me” and that kind of demanding nature is a turn off. Romance is still a thing, and asking point blank without making any kind of physical move doesn’t really give anyone a chance to enjoy the situation and see if it feels right. Formally requesting a relationship when you haven’t really had something to build on will fall flat because you’re asking to lock in something that hasn’t even started yet

Tough reality: you are not afforded the comfort of knowing it will be received well for you to make a move. Trying to secure that comfort before you do will kill romance.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9848 on: January 28, 2019, 12:37:04 PM »
+1 to catscatscats, it was goin good and then you killed it after a week and a half
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #9849 on: January 28, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
not just women

*looks away quickly in hopes Kara doesn't catch him staring across the room*

Kara

« Reply #9850 on: January 28, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
I didn't say you were the bad guy, Rah, I was explaining why a particular phrase might be unpleasant for some people. I'm not terribly familiar with your situation.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #9851 on: January 28, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »
I've been told by my female friends that they think of a guy as nutless if he has to ask things like that through text.  Asking through text probably killed it more than just asking the question.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9852 on: January 28, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »
Yeah, there’s a hyuuge difference between a Chad in person “We doin this? ” and Virgin text “What are we doing?”

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9853 on: January 28, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
And a better question would be why would spend time alone with and be in constant communication with someone who’s already made it known they are romantaiclly interested in you if you didn’t share those feelings. That’s fucked up.

lol.. what a fucking cunt!  Spending time with you! My god! And talking to you!

THAT BITCH!
Yeah it comes off like that. Sorry, that’s not my intent.

All of you are right and I know that. It would have been better to go with the flow which I already knew was the better plan and was actually doing. Instead of trying to make some sort of delcrations. I guess my overthinking and paranoia really got to me.

I’m just really fucked up and depressed about not specifically this(though  this failure hurts a lot), but my “dating” life in general. I really wish I could just exit it and not have to ever deal with it. It’s too hard for me.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9854 on: January 28, 2019, 01:27:10 PM »
Point is Rahx, you need to stop looking for a here and now. Godfather esq thunderbolts of instant love or attraction is not whats typical. This stuff develops over weeks and months of getting to know a person if you havent met specifically with the intent of dating.

Also throwing away a friendly relationship is not a good look. Youre drowning in your own misery and letting it influence decisions like this.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9855 on: January 28, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »
Hmm most people I know in real life life date or start getting physical not too long after both parties know they like each other. It’s not a long game of months of getting to know each other. I don’t know anyone who talked to a girl for months and then was able to date then. Most people say you have to make a move or yknow get friend zoned.

Like two friends in my friend group. They were aware of the girl for maybe a month. Started actually talking to them for a week and then went straight into dating. My best friend went away to the Air Force. A month after basic training he meet and started dating his current long term girlfriend. Even my sister started dating her current bf not soon after meeting them. My Mexican friend said one of the problems was I didn’t let my feelings be known quickly because instead I let them sit and tried to be her friend. My good female friend went straight into the fuck zone once it was clear both parties were intersted in each other. When two people are intersted I don’t know a lot that just wait around..

I don’t know anyone who’s just been friends for a while and then started dating. Most people seem to strike pretty quick. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen though.

But whatever I don’t know. I don’t want to know. I want to cut off my penis and take drugs that make not even care about anything. That’s what I’d like to do. Of course you can’t do these things. But I would be pretty happy if you could.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #9856 on: January 28, 2019, 01:59:04 PM »
Does everyone not just get black out with people on dates then end up in bed

That worked for me for years until one just stuck around
dur

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9857 on: January 28, 2019, 02:08:04 PM »
But whatever I don’t know. I don’t want to know. I want to cut off my penis and take drugs that make not even care about anything. That’s what I’d like to do. Of course you can’t do these things. But I would be pretty happy if you could.

Strange how much of a whiny baby you acted like when I suggested growing older might lessen your sex drive.

Eh...thats not really the same thing. I'm talking about not having a penis and not giving a shit about women or sex. You're talking about  maybe just caring less, but still having to deal with incredible loneliness and thoughts of wasted time. You're talking about, oh maybe you'll feel better after realzing you wasted your sexual prime and are now a real adult with the sexual experince of maybe an 18 year old, surrounded by women who probably have well eclipsed that and are unto some real shit. Yes what a nice comfort, but nice try. Miracle cure all is the same thing as mid adult existential crisis. I can't belive someone dosen't see how ludicrous "oh your 30s will be fine" as a comfort is.

(not really strange, you are a whiny fucking baby about literally every single thing)
No, just sex and relationships. Not really whinny about any other subjects. But it's pretty easy for you to say. You're not a near 30 year old sex/relationship loser. No you get to have tons of sex don't you? You've had plenty of relationships haven't you? I wonder what you'd be like if you did'nt have anything like that. Hell, you probably bumbled into positive experiences and from there were able to learn and grow from a base that did'nt reinforce your negatives. Even with your fuck ups, you were probably at least able to look at positives that existed. Such as well "Yeah I didn't have sex this time, but whatever I was able to do it before".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:36:19 PM by Rahxephon91 »

shosta

« Reply #9858 on: January 28, 2019, 02:08:57 PM »
riotous is hella sexy
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9859 on: January 28, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
Rahx: Come on, what would you do?

Bore: Get up on my feet,  stop making tired excuses

Rahx: what would you do?

Bore: boy, I know if our Atra can do it, Rahxy you can do it

spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://m.
[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9860 on: January 28, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »
Does everyone not just get black out with people on dates then end up in bed

That worked for me for years until one just stuck around

You gon make Rahx into a daddy with the first blackout bar hookup

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9861 on: January 28, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »
Rahx: Come on, what would you do?

Bore: Get up on my feet,  stop making tired excuses

Rahx: what would you do?

Bore: boy, I know if our Atra can do it, Rahxy you can do it

spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://m.
[close]
To be fair, I thought I was taking the bore's advice in stride. But I guess I don't understand the nuances of friendship/dating. And I guess I'm afraid of vagueness and can't let things be/be chill.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #9862 on: January 28, 2019, 02:43:41 PM »
>But I guess I was miss reading and she was just being friendly. If she was just being friendly how the fuck are you ever supposed to tell if a girl is interested. I guess that’s impossible.

Because they will make a move or talk sex with you.

Even a woman that doesn't like to be forward will eventually crack and will give you obvious signs. They're not monsters that enjoy watching you suffer or struggle.

Why are you still trying?!? I told you this game is not for you. You are not wired to play it and it is negatively impacting your life. "Loneliness" is bullshit anyways, it's just the reward system set up in your head to keep the species going. The male version of baby fever. Compartmentalize that shit and put it on a shelf and recognize for what it is. Lizard brain shit.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9863 on: January 28, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »
Even though you handled that rather poorly, the setting that you had with that girl was a pretty shitty one anyway and imo the longer it continued the worse it would have gotten. You need more game for that stuff and even then waiting weeks or months is boring. Just treat it like training and keep trying different stuff until you "get it".

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9864 on: January 28, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
>

Why are you still trying?!? I told you this game is not for you. You are not wired to play it and it is negatively impacting your life. "Loneliness" is bullshit anyways, it's just the reward system set up in your head to keep the species going. The male version of baby fever. Compartmentalize that shit and put it on a shelf and recognize for what it is. Lizard brain shit.
I don’t think I’m wired for this either, but this seems a bit too nihilistic for me. I also don’t know how you could do this without becoming an even more miserable person. I mean no one wants to be alone. It seems as implausible as a drug that makes you not want to care. Which yeah I would take, but it doesn’t exist and it’s not something I actually want. I mean at the end of the day I’m a social person and like people, want to mak them happy/please them. I’m just easily hurt and confused by them.

And while right now I want to just isolate myself and not deal with anything or meet any women. I can only do that for so long before I try again and yeah probably fail. I mean what I’m most afraid of is becoming more of a bitter and hopeless person. It seems impossible.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:47:09 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9865 on: January 28, 2019, 03:55:42 PM »
But on the flip side, if you have any material/books to read on how to live alone and be happy I’d like to read them. Even I realize this is becoming a lost cause.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9866 on: January 28, 2019, 04:34:44 PM »
Are you a pleaser, rahx? That will need to change if you want your dating life to get better. Always being concerned about what she wants is not a good move. Reason being, is that women are often unsure about what they want until they are getting it. You can ask a girl if it's okay to kiss her, or you can decide you want a kiss and go for it. Asking and getting told "no", does not mean you would get a "no" had you just gone for it. In the moment she may decide to kiss you back and feel good about it afterwards. You may also get shutdown going for a kiss and that's completely fine. Being turned down while going for a kiss can be for any number of reasons, all of which may have nothing to do with you. Could be something as silly as her feeling self-conscious about her breath, because she ate a chili dog with hella onions before meeting up with you.

When taking her out to eat somewhere. Don't concern yourself with what she wants to eat and where she wants to go.  ::) Decide what you feel like eating and where you want to go. Being decisive and knowing what you want will get you where you want to be, being a pleaser will not.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #9867 on: January 28, 2019, 04:58:50 PM »
I mean at the end of the day I’m a social person and like people, want to mak them happy/please them. I’m just easily hurt and confused by them.

Nah, this is bullshit.

If what you said here is true, you'd be thrilled that she wanted to be your friend. You'd be thrilled that a new person wants to get to know you and you can bounce ideas off of.

But instead, you're frustrated. Because you're not going to get your dick sucked or be able to release this burden you've put on yourself. She's not a person to you, or a new opportunity to expand your social circle, but a thing you need to stick your dick into.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9868 on: January 28, 2019, 05:15:21 PM »
So how are you supposed to approach every romantic potential?

As a friend. Just be their friend and that’s it.

I’ve been told here that’s wrong. Like wtf do you want from me.

And you’re incredibly wrong toxicadam. I did not see her as a thing and if you read my posts you would see sex was not my main goal if at all and at every point I was worried how I came off to her as to not put pressure we.

I don’t understand word anyone is supposed to do here. My whole life I’ve just tried to be friends with girls and it’s fine, but if you try to move past that even most women say it’s because you positioned yourself as a friends not a romantic possibility. Now you are calling me a price of shit because I didn’t do that this time and am not happy with the result. Not only that you’re telling me oh it’s because you should have been her friend. Like wtf do you people want from me. Like Christ none of this makes sense anymore.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9869 on: January 28, 2019, 05:44:14 PM »
Or are you saying ToxicAdam that “well she doesn’t like you like that and you tried so you should be ok with being friends”.

Well have the reason I’m bothered by this is because usually they doesn’t work. In my experience most women don’t want to be friends with someone who had romantic interests in them. My Mexican friend from last year had a sit down and explained everything to me as to why we couldn’t work(guess what a lot of it was because I never made a move and just tired to be her friend) and it was fine. I was fine with being friends and happy to get that past me. But in the end she didn’t treat me like a friend and decided to just end the friendship once she find a boyfriend she actually liked.

It was whatever. I’m happy she’s happy and I wish her no ill feelings.

I don’t with this one ill feelings either, but was hoping to avoid a similar situation where I just become a friend and never say anything so I said it early.  I’m fine being friends, but worried that now this are too awkward and she’s pushed away. Which is also what can happen a friend tells a friend they have interests in them. A girl can feel like she’s leading you on just by doing anything. Even if that’s not how the guy feels. I don’t feel like she was leading me on, but I did feel like we had a connection. Which is really why I wanted to know so I knew what has going on and knew how to handle it. Which ironically made it seem like I couldn’t handle it.

But it has nothing to do with treating her like a thing or just wanting sex like your trying to say. I don’t want to have sex with people I don’t feel comfortable with or don’t like.

But I don’t understand what you bore members want me to do. Sometimes it’s you gotta just ask out women and not positioned yourself as a friend. Now it’s you gotta be friends with them. Sometimes it’s “whatever move unto the next one”. Now it’s oh you’re a douche for not wanting to be friends. What is it?

No I don’t think I should be thrilled that again another women just wants to be friends. Thrilled is not the word to use. I shouldn’t be upset, no but it doesn’t help my “burden” as you say.  But I already know that’s in my insecurity and no one else’s.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9870 on: January 28, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
But on the flip side, if you have any material/books to read on how to live alone and be happy I’d like to read them. Even I realize this is becoming a lost cause.

You need a hobby. And I don't mean that in something to pass the time. Something to pour yourself into, creatively, that will develop a good sense of self worth.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9871 on: January 28, 2019, 06:57:45 PM »
Yeah how about “serial killer”.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9872 on: January 28, 2019, 06:59:53 PM »
So it... begins

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9873 on: January 28, 2019, 07:52:59 PM »
So it... begins
I did watch The House that Jack Built Recently....

It wasn’t very good. Room for improvement.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9874 on: January 28, 2019, 08:25:29 PM »
I think giving advice to Rahxephon is meaningless because we’re not getting the full story.  Not saying he’s a liar, rather that it’s all based on a very slanted and stilted perspective.  People have been giving advice for five years or more now but we’re still at square one.  I still think his brain has been effectively rewired thanks to a huge amount of porn, perhaps essentially losing the ability to socialize with women entirely.  It’s like the Harlow experiments: https://www.psychologynoteshq.com/psychological-studies-harlows-monkey/

Also this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC285801/pdf/pnas00159-0105.pdf
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:29:56 PM by Olivia Wilde Homo »
🍆🍆

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9875 on: January 28, 2019, 08:42:54 PM »
Maybe I would be socially healthy if I fucked high class escorts too.

Maybe I would be positive about sex if I bought good sex experiences.

But I don’t know what the trick to being socialized with women would be beyond...I don’t know treat them like people. I treat women just like I would treat anyone else. I have female friends and socialize with plenty of women at my work place. I’m not intersted in them so there’s no awkwardness/problem. No reason to overthink any interactions.

Also what would porn have to do with anything? Porn isn’t real and at no point have I ever thought what goes in porn is an accurate depiction of women. You make it sound like I have so view of women that is basically either they are all whores or something when I don’t.

Also what would I have to withhold from this story? This is the excaxtly what happen. I mean I showed you the texts and everything. I haven’t shyer away from anything negative.

I haven’t even tried to be that antagonistic here either. I’ve agreed with and even taken plenty of advice and critiques here. Though I have an issue with some.

Maybe you should just ban me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:47:21 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Kara

« Reply #9876 on: January 28, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »
We process failure the same we process grief, Rah. (Humans are dumb, something to keep in mind whenever someone appeals to the existence of a sophisticated human nature.)

It's OK to feel how you feel right now, but you're going to have to find a better way to channel your grief. Talking about becoming an unknown subject, engaging with people who want to dunk on you even though it makes them look like mega dorks, and writing screeds aren't getting it done.

« Reply #9877 on: January 28, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »
I don't think whatever you had going with that woman was a total failure. You're, probably, not going to hook up with her or anything like that but you seemingly had a woman interested in you for a while there. This can be taken as a good experience to learn from. Next time tell your friend to fuck off and get his video games another time and then make a move on the girl. Give her some sign that you're romantically/sexually interested in her and for God's sake no grandiose texts.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9878 on: January 28, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »

Why not go into the priesthood?
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9879 on: January 28, 2019, 10:26:37 PM »
That was actually a serious idea I had coming out of high school and failing college the first time. I’ve had a lot of religious teaching during my life because I went to religious schools. But my fathers death kind of destroyed my faith definitively  so that’s not really something I’d want to involve myself with.

I mean this had nothing to do with relationships I or anything. Back then when it was a real idea I didn’t care about that stuff. I was like 20, 21. I still felt like those were to things that would eventually happen and I was pretty happy. A fact a friend brought up recently.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:50:25 PM by Rahxephon91 »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #9880 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:23 AM »
But I don’t know what the trick to being socialized with women would be beyond...I don’t know treat them like people. I treat women just like I would treat anyone else. I have female friends and socialize with plenty of women at my work place. I’m not intersted in them so there’s no awkwardness/problem. No reason to overthink any interactions.

To be honest, that might be the problem. Yeah you say you overthink but is that because you're trying to gather positive yelp reviews or because you want a repeat customer? Needing the mood and schedule to be declared as though you don't want to waste your time on a window-shopper is kind of fucked.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #9881 on: January 29, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
Rahx, this is me giving you a honest POV. Not trying to be mean.

You expect too much, too soon. You seem to have very little respect for the female gender, like not taking her feelings (or possible the lack of) into consideration before deciding to make things extremely awkward.

You literally said you thought she was interested because she wore her hair down one day, and sat next to you when you two were gaming together. Like what??? Where was she supposed to sit then, across the room from you?

You come off as those Gaf dudes who are like “Omg this girl on the bus looked at me today, does she like me? Should I ask her out?”.

What on earth made you think you were dating? Did she kiss you? Did you fuck? Have you been ACTUALLY flirting together? Not from what we’ve seen on here. At all. It’s been 100% platonic from what you’ve told us.

I’d be real worried if I was hanging out with a friend and he thought I was interested in more than being friends only based off of how I wore my hair that day. She clearly hasn’t indicated wanting anything more, you’ve just been wishfully seeing things.

Your approach to relationships, girls and dating seems very elementary school-like. You act like girls owe you. They don’t owe you shit, just because you’re being polite to them. Frankly, it’s terrifying seeing how aggressive and angry you become after being rejected. And don’t give me the “but I always get rejected” bullshit. You look for things that really aren’t there, then blame females when they didn’t see things the same way as you did.

For the 100th time, you need to work on yourself before anything. You don’t seem fit to be in a relationship at all until you can realize that dating someone won’t magically make you happy if you hate yourself, and honestly, until you stop hating women for not being interested. Work on your aggression too, please. It’s worrying how unstable you come off as sometimes.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9882 on: January 29, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
You don’t seem fit to be in a relationship at all until you can realize that dating someone won’t magically make you happy if you hate yourself,

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9883 on: January 29, 2019, 09:14:05 AM »
I appreciate your perspective on this, Valkyrie.  Thank you
🍆🍆

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9884 on: January 29, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »
I don’t appreciate it because it’s clear to me you can’t read and rather focus on small things instead of what was actually said. Then use that to make your biased judgement. But I don’t expect anything else from you so I don’t care.

But of course people like Olivia will like it.

And people like Blue will even though before they were supportive.

Pretty much everything in your post is wrong, but arguing with you will only hurt me, so I won’t bother.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:40:09 PM by Rahxephon91 »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9885 on: January 29, 2019, 12:40:58 PM »
Bruh come the fuck on, you asked for her perspective

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9886 on: January 29, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »

And people like Blue will even though before they were supportive.

I liked it for three reasons. One it was the female perspective you've been trying to divine this whole time right there, in multiparagraphs. Two she's absolutsly right about the self loathing as other have been saying for while. Three, she actually took time to devote that much into a single post to try and help you out.

I understand it must hurt and be seen as an attack the very fabric that makes up you but you have to take a step back from yourself and see what truly needs to be done.  Youre always playing defense in here and never really considering the advice put forth. From people who are probably pretty happy with where they are right now. Theres a reason for that happiness and it would be wise to glean something from it.

Yes some of this advice comes from a place specific to the person but there is a commonality in all of it. Love fornoneself, from which you gain self confidence and the things you want now take time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:38:44 PM by BlueTsunami »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9887 on: January 29, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »

I'm sure we can "get deeper"

:jawalrus
What

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9888 on: January 29, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »
We all rush to death in our own way, good luck!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9889 on: January 29, 2019, 01:29:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Id cut her loose if you dont have any intention of exploring a relationship with her further. You may view her as a desperate oddity but I'm sure shes views you as a potential way out.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:38:20 PM by BlueTsunami »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9890 on: January 29, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
Bruh come the fuck on, you asked for her perspective
No I did'nt. I asked why that phrase(which again is not excactly what I said) why that would trigger her. I did'nt ask for her perspective.

You expect too much, too soon. You seem to have very little respect for the female gender, like not taking her feelings (or possible the lack of) into consideration before deciding to make things extremely awkward.
I mean what is this? How am I expecting too much? I've been in constant communication for two months and it's "escalated". I already asked her out on a date and we've hung out alone multiple times after already saying I was interested. Even then I said I did'nt expect anything. And if I was how is that too soon? Plenty of people start dating or having sex a a few weeks after knowing each other. Valkyrie had sex with someone a few hours after meeting someone. How did I have little respect for her gender or feelings? It was stupid to ask, but I did it because I did'nt want to over step my bounds towards her. I wanted to know what she was thinking. Nowhere was I trying to declare anything. I wanted to know where the girl was. I only realized how that was a problem after talking about on here and even in real life people have said it wasn't a huge deal to want to know. But apparently wanting to know whats going on is disrespecting the girl.

You literally said you thought she was interested because she wore her hair down one day, and sat next to you when you two were gaming together. Like what??? Where was she supposed to sit then, across the room from you?
No that was an example of how different she came to the end hangout. The one where she brought alcohol, the one that was her idea, the one where she specifically made herself "hotter". Yes having her hair straitened and down was a bit different then the very casual hangout last time where she just came over basically not caring that much about her appearance. Overthinking details and reading into them? Yes, I am, but thats why I mentioned them so people can call check on me or not. The point was that she came more prepared for this hangout and maybe that was signalling something. But I guess you couldn't grasp that point or I'm just reading into things.

And yes, in our set up, there are two couches. You don't have to sit next to me to play or watch the tv. Which she did'nt the first time. But I guess I shouldn't think about these possible body language cues at all.

You come off as those Gaf dudes who are like “Omg this girl on the bus looked at me today, does she like me? Should I ask her out?”.
Yeah except for the fact that I'm not coming here based on looks. I came here based on the fact that the girl talks to me a lot, texts a lot, initiates the texts, wants to hang out, wants to play video games a lot, tells me personal stuff, and so on. All after I already asked her out and told her I was romantically interested in her.  So how do I come off as one of those people that goes "a girl smiled at me, she must like me" people. Plenty of girls simile at me, I don't give a fuck. Few girls are texting me well into the AM, right after they get off work, wondering what I'm doing, and drinking with me alone. Maybe if you read what was actually posted. But no I guess it's just like those GAF guys.

What on earth made you think you were dating? Did she kiss you? Did you fuck? Have you been ACTUALLY flirting together? Not from what we’ve seen on here. At all. It’s been 100% platonic from what you’ve told us.
I wasn't aware you had to be physical with someone before it's considered dating. I thought maybe some girls would want to take it slow and make sure it's not all about that first. Espically girls that maybe have a problematic history with sex. I guess I was wrong, just like I guess I was wrong about the way to start dating women is not starting out as just thier friend.

Why did I think maybe we were heading into that direction? Because I asked her out on a date, she did'nt say no. Later said she was hesitant about a relationship, and then proceeded to hang out a lot and be open to hanging out more. All while being in constant communication. With honestly just me, she dosen't seem to talk to any other dudes.

Was it the wrong take? Absolutely, but I don't think it was a crazy thought. But I guess people don't show interests by seemingly being interested in a person.

I’d be real worried if I was hanging out with a friend and he thought I was interested in more than being friends only based off of how I wore my hair that day. She clearly hasn’t indicated wanting anything more, you’ve just been wishfully seeing things.
Would you also hang out alone and drink alone with that "friend" who already asked you out and said they wanted to go out on a date with you?

Your approach to relationships, girls and dating seems very elementary school-like.
I kind of agree somewhat. Hence my problem with almost being 30 and being like this. Maybe if I had more experince I would understand these things.

You act like girls owe you. They don’t owe you shit, just because you’re being polite to them.
This is bullshit though. Nowhere did I espouse this. This is you just digging into me with your own bias.

You look for things that really aren’t there, then blame females when they didn’t see things the same way as you did.
Yeah none of these things happen at all..

For the 100th time, you need to work on yourself before anything. You don’t seem fit to be in a relationship at all until you can realize that dating someone won’t magically make you happy if you hate yourself, and honestly, until you stop hating women for not being interested. Work on your aggression too, please. It’s worrying how unstable you come off as sometimes.
Quite frankly I'm tired of reading this. If you actually read what I said, you'd have seen that I even agreed with that.

But nowhere did I say I hate myself. I hate that I'm having such a hard time. Which actually you know having some success would yknow help..But I don't hate myslef.

And nowhere did I say I hate or blame women. Here I've blamed everything on myself for not being able to assess the situation.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9891 on: January 29, 2019, 02:44:04 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Deep enough to steal both your kidneys  :noah
Margs

shosta

« Reply #9892 on: January 29, 2019, 02:51:51 PM »

I'm not trying to "dunk" on you, like Kara might suggest, but maybe posting screeds this long is correlated with scaring women off
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9893 on: January 29, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
More like causation.

Also complaining about "long" posts on a message forum is pretty stupid.

All posting on here is tedious and none of it really actually long.

But it is pointless since people like Valkyrie don't even read it before making thier critiques.

But sorry for defending myself.

shosta

« Reply #9894 on: January 29, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »
Riotous, I don't think you were here for this, but there's a little bit of context. Rahx abused the shit out of Valkyrie in this thread in late 2017. He apologized but it was seriously some of the nastiest stuff I've seen posted online. He's clearly changed a lot for the better, but that might explain why Valkyrie was going in on him so hard.
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9895 on: January 29, 2019, 03:22:58 PM »
"nastiest stuff I've seen posted online." "abused"

You must live a charmed internet life.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9896 on: January 29, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »
In the midst of planning a vacation to Italy with my girlfriend for early September... our first long vacation together (we spent the weekend in Philly, doesn't really count...)
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9897 on: January 29, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »

Is this you not blaming women?

I get that you basically said this statement was wrong Rahx, but what Val is referring to is how you come on here and you spout angry shit... whether it's directed 100% at women or not it often comes along with at least some angst toward's them and the combination is kind of whack.  And whether you recognize it's wrong or not it's still what you do/what you type here.

Imagine how this girl would feel if she knew your reaction to what happened was a rant about cutting off your own dick and how her hanging out with you was "fucked up."  I imagine she'd be more than a little freaked out, and that's why Val is going to have a similar reaction to your posts.
No thats not me not blaming women. That's me trying to reason how odd that would be and how I'm not sure why someone would do that. A man or a woman could do that. That's the thing, I did'nt think she was doing that. That's why I thought something was going on.

You said "why would a prick befriend someone they had no interests being friends with". I agree it would be dumb to do that just like it would be odd to do what I cited. Then again, I've already said, I don't understand this "be friends" route you people are all of a sudden on. Maybe the problem is miscommunication now.  While I understand why maybe asking the question was a mood killer, I think it was not because the girl had no interests. But rather because a slower pace what was going on here. What I don't understand is why I'm getting the blowback from you guys. With "oh you gotta be friends" and "it was stupid to wonder because you were'nt having sex".

And I don't know what angry shit I'm spouting. I'm not saying all women are shit or whores. What I'm doing if anything is shifting blame and problems on me. I'm not blaming women for not being interested, I'm blaming myself for not knowing how to deal with women. Where am I doing otherwise? Fine it comes off like that. Sorry.

And yes I imagine she would be freaked out. But my reaction is'nt even specifically aimed at her. It's aimed at my own inability. She's just the next one in line to prove my failure.

And then from reading that, you'll say "see you hate myself".

I don't think so. I know I have plenty of positives and am a decent person worthy of some sort of love. What I hate about myself is some of the insecurities I have, but even then it's probably only a little bit beyond the normal person. What I hate is that despite not being any worse then your average person is that I am unable to find the success that other people find easily.

I mean you people talk about having to do this and that and I can think of several examples in my everyday life that run counter.

"Oh you have to love yourself"

My friend is a depressed fuck who talks about how shitty his life in the military is and how much he'd maybe off himself. Loses his shit at sjw "nonsense" and so on. Has a long term gf.

"You have to build these things and they take time to grow"

Within a month of talking my friend(considered the loser of the group honestly) has a gf and fucks her a lot.

"Oh things will be fine when your 30"

No one I know has had to wait until thier 30s for positive sexual experinces and so on.

And so on.

So you asked her out on a date, told her you were romantically interested, hung out with her alone multiple times, and then never made a move? There's your answer right there. Assuming she was interested in you at some point, that interest likely waned when you didn't make any kind of move after like the third or fourth time you hung out together. You did nothing to escalate the situation beyond friendship, and then asked her where you guys stood. That course of action just doesn't make any kind of sense.

It comes back to my post on the last page, which sadly only got one filler like. If you really believe that there's chemistry and she's into you, you have to go for it. You just have to. It's nerve-wracking the first few times, but you have to do it, or you'll never get anywhere unless you luck out with a girl who makes the move herself. Which I'll tell you right now is not going to be the majority of them. Not being able to go for it when the moment is clearly right shows a big lack of confidence, which is a huge turn-off.
Oh but I thought these things take months to build and grow?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9898 on: January 29, 2019, 04:28:57 PM »
I doubt all women work that way or it's that clear cut. But what do I know?

She already said she was hesitant about this stuff for plenty of reasons. Why would I make her uncomfortable, by trying to make a physical move? I thought your supposed to respect her feelings? And why would I need to escalate beyond friendship when I already set the basis of not being friendship? All your posts makes it seem like you have to force yourself unto someone and why would that be a good idea? You have to put pressure on someone.

Well as a passive person, I guess I'm not not fit for this.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9899 on: January 29, 2019, 04:55:14 PM »
I never decided she was into me. I thought it was possible. Because even my good friends don’t text as much ash did, or want to hang out as much as she did, doll themselves up to play Call of Duty, want to drink alone, laugh at everything I say, and so on.

Also I may not have thought we were flirting, but other people around us did and told me there was something there. Me not picking up on a girls flirting isn’t hard to believe. Also the girl is extremely sarcastic and monotone so it’s not exactly 100% obvious. Also I don’t know how to flirt and talk to everyone in friendly with the same way.

Clearly platonic. But no one in my real life thought so. Just on here.

The problem with Glen’s comments, and yours, and honestly this whole thread is your not there and things like Glen’s post that sound like abosuolutes are stupid because there is no rule to any of this. Not every person follows that order.

But whatever I guess she’s coming over today anyway. Maybe I should just tell her to cancel.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:09:13 PM by Rahxephon91 »