Author Topic: 2017: Unpopular opinions thread  (Read 110438 times)

jakefromstatefarm

Re: 2017: Unpopular opinions thread
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2017, 08:19:37 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2017, 10:51:40 PM »
Most drama movies that aren't based on a real events are just a waste.
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2017, 10:54:57 PM »
You say that, but then somebody makes a movie about the Boston Marathon bombing where Mark Wahlberg is Boston Strong™ and the cheer line from the trailer is when a cop tells a Muslim woman "You don't have any rights!"
dog

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2017, 01:41:41 AM »
Superman isn't boring at all. Attempts to make him "less boring" completely miss what the character is.

Beezy

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:26 AM »
Season 3 is the best Wire season.
This opinion isn't unpopular.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2017, 02:09:40 AM »
* Shit uninformed opinions included.
Got the impression that the theatrical cut didn't really comment on Deckard while much of the Scott ones were more clear that we were supposed to understand he's a replicant (which IMO is counterproductive and totally misses the point, namely that Replicants are humans, philosophically speaking).
The 92 DC includes the unicorn symbol which suggest Deckard is a replicant. Likewise in the Final Cut.

I don't think the theatrical cut even hinted at the possibility that Deckard wasn't human. The other cuts included the unicorn dream that Deckard has which, when combined with the origami unicorn that Deckard finds in his apartment at the end of the movie, suggest that Deckard could be a replicant and Gaff [Edward James Olmos' character] knew about it. But it's not really cut and dry, though, and apparently Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford still argue about it all the time.

The back-reflective eyes are consistently used for Replicants, and Deckard evidences them himself in a few shots in every version.

I think it's stupid to make Deckard a replicant, as it robs the philosophical impact from the overarching Romeo & Juliet plotline with Rachel.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2017, 02:16:25 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2017, 02:18:38 AM »
Humanity and the Earth should be shepherded by a benevolent and highly intelligent AI that will protect us from our own collective greed and stupidity.

Read The Culture books by Iain M. Banks. You'll wish you could move into that reality.

Himu

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 02:41:30 AM »
IYKYK

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »
FF13 is absolute trash.
Konami hasn't put out a good game since Zone of the Enders 2.
The only good Metal Gear Solid was the first one.
Mayo is the worst.
Saturn>N64.
Woody Allen has never made a good movie.
Big O is better than Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Phil Collins is a top-ten drummer of all time.
Radiohead is god-awful.
The best Tarantino movie is Jackie Brown. The second best is Reservoir Dogs.
Nintendo hasn't put out a good machine since the Gamecube.
The best PSX-era Final Fantasy is Tactics, closely followed by FF9.
UK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2017, 09:12:45 AM »

The only good Metal Gear Solid was the first one.

I gotta disagree here because of the Gameboy Color game and MGS3S.  MGSV would have been awesome, but...#Fuckonami happened.

Mayo is the worst.

I thought this was a known fact?
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2017, 09:32:27 AM »
FF13 is absolute trash.

General opinion, I think.

Haven't seen Jackie Brown yet but RD is underrated in his filmography IMO. It's my fave.

DS Lite tho.

etiolate

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2017, 09:33:36 AM »
Pepero is better than Pocky

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
-Hair Metal was awesome and grunge was depressing shit.
-People raging over T&A but having no problem with violence in media are fucking morons.
-Anita Sarkeesian does make some valid points -that everyone already knew- in video game videos, but is generally full of shit and clearly attempted to do what she did to make herself known and make money.  It worked.
-Rap music went to complete shit in the early 2000s, if not the late 90s. 
-Turn-based RPGs are the most boring genre of video games out there.  Especially JRPGs with their nonsensical stories and designs.
-Not every series of movies needs to be a trilogy.  Cut that shit out.
-The only reason anyone cared about Ghostbusters 2016 was because of the dumb, possibly made-up by the studio, "controversy" over its all-female lead cast.  It is otherwise forgettable, like most other recent unnecessary movie remakes.
-Evangelion sucks.
-Star Wars is dumb.  Lucas ripped off plots and designs from other works.  Props to him for his merchandising success though.
-Nobody clamoring for an arcade mode in SFV would be playing it right now if the game had one anyway.
-Mobile gaming in general is garbage. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:58:22 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
-Nobody clamoring for an arcade mode in SFV would be playing it right now if the game had one anyway.

Can't speak for others, but I definitely would. It's one of the main reasons I dropped it. Once it got new characters and an arcade mode I'll probably pick it up again.

Nah.  Anyone who plays fighting games single player isn't in it for the long haul.  Sorry bro.

Nothing lamer than the people who say they don't want to play online because "I'm just gonna get killed!" too.
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2017, 10:19:56 AM »
I have a bi friend who says that everyone is bi (or at least bi-curious). It's just their societal and religious upbringings that force people to put those feelings down. He uses this to explain why women seem to be more comfortable with bi-curiousity than men because men have this "be manly! being with a guy isn't manly!" pressure.

I thought he was crazy at first. Now, I'm not so sure I disagree. I mean, I'll be honest, I would've slept with David Bowie if he had asked, because he's fucking David Bowie. So there is a bar I guess for me, it's just so high that in effect I'm 100% straight. As I've discussed with more and more people, I'm finding everyone has a bar, the ones that are bi-curious just have it lower than other people. So maybe my friend is right, it's just a matter of where your bar is and if you're willing to lower it to realistic expectations.
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
:umad
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »
Big O is better than Neon Genesis Evangelion.

:obama
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2017, 10:41:02 AM »
-Hair Metal was awesome and grunge was depressing shit.
I was really into grunge when it came out. I remember hearing nevermind and thinking "This changes everything!!". but now? It's just sorta shit music. Hair metal, for all its manufacturing, is still hands down awesome and outside of the ballads, which haven't aged well, it's never stopped being awesome
-People raging over T&A but having no problem with violence in media are fucking morons.
Good god, you're not wrong here.
-Anita Sarkeesian does make some valid points -that everyone already knew- in video game videos, but is generally full of shit and clearly attempted to do what she did to make herself known and make money.  It worked.
I don't know. I will agree that she doesn't add anything new to the conversation. But I don't know if I agree that -everyone- already knew. I think she took things that gaming feminists already knew, put glossy cheap paint on it and then resold it. She made it easily consumable. Gotta give her credit for that. I don't like her because growing up around religious apologists I have little to no patience for the "I have the answer, now to find the evidence" approach.
-Rap music went to complete shit in the early 2000s, if not the late 90s.
You do not like the emimens? I'll admit I stopped paying attention to rap around then, so I wouldn't know if it did or didn't.
-Turn-based RPGs are the most boring genre of video games out there.  Especially JRPGs with their nonsensical stories and designs.
Maybe, but I can't turn down a good ol' dragon quest game. It all adds up to an experience. Now I'll give you games that don't focus on an experience and just do turn based are hella boring.
-Not every series of movies needs to be a trilogy.  Cut that shit out.
I think people/studios like a trilogy because people want more, but not too much. So a trilogy gives you more but sets a known limit. But I will agree here too. The Hobbit might not have been saved by being just two movies, but it certainly would've been MUCH better.
-The only reason anyone cared about Ghostbusters 2016 was because of the dumb, possibly made-up by the studio, "controversy" over its all-female lead cast.  It is otherwise forgettable, like most other recent unnecessary movie remakes.
Yup
-Evangelion sucks.
I've tried to watch it 3 times now and just can't make it beyond the first 10 episodes. I hate everyone in that fucking show except for the drunk lady. Why watch a character show if you hate everyone in it?
-Star Wars is dumb.  Lucas ripped off plots and designs from other works.  Props to him for his merchandising success though.
Star Wars distills everything nicely into easily digestible bits of campbellian story telling. It's all derivative and the creativity in it is about how to best ape on other people's shit. But it does that aping very well. There's something to said about that. 
I totally would have.
-Mobile gaming in general is garbage.
I think the only unpopular thing here is "in general" 95% of it is.
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:53 AM »
-Shimomura's music after the 16 bit era is boring as hell
-Sakuraba has made a career out of releasing the same 5 songs over and over
-Most liberals need to learn how to converse with people who don't agree with them instead of just calling them 'racist' or 'cishet scum' or 'shitlord' or whatever the popular liberal insult of the day is.
-Western/euro RPGs are usually poop. Combat generally feels janky as fuck, where you can whiff an enemy but still damage them, or you can directly hit them but the 'dice roll' in the background says you miss so you end up actually missing. The settings are generally Lord of the Rings cliches, the pretentious hippie elves, the dwarves who love to drink, the town of thatched huts where everyone has some sort of plague, lots of boring political drama. Character designs tend to be ugly and forgettable too, especially those with a 'make your own character'.
-Bernie would have beat Trump, sorry Mandark
-F2P/Gatcha game design, and games as a service, sucks
^_^

nudemacusers

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
Hair metal :holeup
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »
-Shimomura's music after the 16 bit era is boring as hell
-Sakuraba has made a career out of releasing the same 5 songs over and over
-Most liberals need to learn how to converse with people who don't agree with them instead of just calling them 'racist' or 'cishet scum' or 'shitlord' or whatever the popular liberal insult of the day is.
-Western/euro RPGs are usually poop. Combat generally feels janky as fuck, where you can whiff an enemy but still damage them, or you can directly hit them but the 'dice roll' in the background says you miss so you end up actually missing. The settings are generally Lord of the Rings cliches, the pretentious hippie elves, the dwarves who love to drink, the town of thatched huts where everyone has some sort of plague, lots of boring political drama. Character designs tend to be ugly and forgettable too, especially those with a 'make your own character'.
-Bernie would have beat Trump, sorry Mandark
-F2P/Gatcha game design, and games as a service, sucks
All true, but come on man. Legend of Mana OST exists. :gurl
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »
Legend of Mana's OST is one of the PS1's best.
dog

Himu

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »
Kill Bill volume 1 is Tarantino's worst movie.

Inglorious Basterds isn't that good and has serious issues. The only good storyline in the movie is the stuff with Shashona.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
Tarantino is not very good period. 

Himu

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »
No he's great. He just became inconsistent after his short retirement after Jackie brown.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2017, 11:33:13 AM »
I have a bi friend who says that everyone is bi (or at least bi-curious). It's just their societal and religious upbringings that force people to put those feelings down. He uses this to explain why women seem to be more comfortable with bi-curiousity than men because men have this "be manly! being with a guy isn't manly!" pressure.

I thought he was crazy at first. Now, I'm not so sure I disagree. I mean, I'll be honest, I would've slept with David Bowie if he had asked, because he's fucking David Bowie. So there is a bar I guess for me, it's just so high that in effect I'm 100% straight. As I've discussed with more and more people, I'm finding everyone has a bar, the ones that are bi-curious just have it lower than other people. So maybe my friend is right, it's just a matter of where your bar is and if you're willing to lower it to realistic expectations.

It's a scale and while I believe most people are bi on some level, there almost certainly are people who are completely uncomfortable with a specific gender for non-societal reasons.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2017, 11:39:08 AM »
Witcher 3 is boring and fantasy shit is dumb

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

Inglorious Basterds isn't that good and has serious issues. The only good storyline in the movie is the stuff with Shashona.

That's not really controversial though ? I love ...Basterds but it's uneven (as is Django) : it just hits some tremendous highs and that's probably the one that convinced me that Tarantino is really smarter than I gave him credit for. There's some potent stuff of the power (or lack thereof) that cinema has, and he managed not to be crass while doing a satirical take on some of the touchiest historical subject matter.

I hate Death Proof but that's me and I was under the impression that a fair bit of people would consider Kill Bill his weakest and most derivative at a base level (Uma Thurman looks cool in the yellow and black jumpsuit but... it's just that). It has some cool scenes -The ending is a fun action scene and riff on yakuza-eigas- but it's by the numbers. The second part has its issues but I felt a lot more soul to it if only for the whole coffin thing.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »
I'd rather watch bad movies than good movies like 90% of the time.
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »
Tarantino is not very good period.
Yup. Exactly this.
His only good film is Pulp ficition and really, that's more important for the influence it had than the fact its a good film.

Also, hemmingway was an emo try-hard. People that cite him as their favorite author like him because he's a try-hard just like them.
que

Himu

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »

That's not really controversial though ? I love ...Basterds but it's uneven (as is Django) : it just hits some tremendous highs and that's probably the one that convinced me that Tarantino is really smarter than I gave him credit for. There's some potent stuff of the power (or lack thereof) that cinema has, and he managed not to be crass while doing a satirical take on some of the touchiest historical subject matter.

I hate Death Proof but that's me and I was under the impression that a fair bit of people would consider Kill Bill his weakest and most derivative at a base level (Uma Thurman looks cool in the yellow and black jumpsuit but... it's just that). It has some cool scenes -The ending is a fun action scene and riff on yakuza-eigas- but it's by the numbers. The second part has its issues but I felt a lot more soul to it if only for the whole coffin thing.

Nope. Kill Bill is considered one of his best. Death Proof being called his worst film is a pretty popular opinion and people salivate over Basterds.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2017, 12:14:56 PM »
Sexuality is a scale like Tasty said.

There are those who are completely gay or completely straight. There's people like me who are bi and have a vast preference for one sex over the other. I for instance would fuck a chick but just can't see myself in a relationship with one and every relationship with a woman has reinforced this. Then there's those who are 50-50 even split in terms of attraction. Then there's the people who swing one way but man, that one one exception really tickles the attraction muscle.
IYKYK

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
FF13 is absolute trash.

General opinion, I think.

Haven't seen Jackie Brown yet but RD is underrated in his filmography IMO. It's my fave.

DS Lite tho.

wut
UK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »
I never saw Jackie Brown either.

:idont
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »

There are those who are completely gay or completely straight. There's people like me who are bi and have a vast preference for one sex over the other. I for instance would fuck a chick but just can't see myself in a relationship with one and every relationship with a woman has reinforced this. Then there's those who are 50-50 even split in terms of attraction. Then there's the people who swing one way but man, that one one exception really tickles the attraction muscle.
My bi-friends argument is that the completely gay/completely straight people are a VAST minority and everyone else is close to the center of that scale (they just don't know it)
que

PlayDat

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »
If everyone already knows, why does she get ceaseless death threats? Why did she have to disable comments on her videos? Why does trash like this appear in the related videos every time I watch her stuff?

How is she full of shit?  What's so wrong about her getting paid for her work?

This is the popular opinion. Hence the outrage over the movie since its announcement.  The audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is 54% and the IMDB is also exactly 5.4/10 weirdly enough.  Most people either didn't like it or thought it was okay at best.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:59:23 PM by PlayDat »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »
Witcher 3 is boring and fantasy shit is dumb

Finally, something worthy of the thread title.
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2017, 12:57:57 PM »

My bi-friends argument is that the completely gay/completely straight people are a VAST minority and everyone else is close to the center of that scale (they just don't know it)

Ah, then we're in agreement I think. Though it's probably evenly distributed and not just "close to the center" IMO.

Also, hemmingway was an emo try-hard. People that cite him as their favorite author like him because he's a try-hard just like them.

NEVERMIND, FITE ME

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do need to read more, admittedly. I just appreciate Hemingway's prose, very concise and a good reminder of a style to strive for.
[close]

Himu

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »

Well yeah. We agree then. It's not the center though. Center of that scale means you like men and women EQUALLY.

IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2017, 01:40:49 PM »
- In a sexual relationship be careful what you ask for, you might get it (had a :female friend once have her boyfriend ask to let him fuck her ass and she was like, "Hah! Only if you let me fuck your ass first." Thinking that'd be the end of it. He was like "OK.")

- 80% of the people that like jazz like it because they want to be seen to like jazz and can't tell the difference between a good jazz person and someone musically masturbating. Jazz fans are like the vegans/marathon runners of music fans.

- Brass instruments are largely a waste of time.

- George and Ringo >>>>>>> John and Paul

- Universal healthcare does not solve healthcare problems. It is better than what america has, but it will not solve the problem. The problem is the system, not who pays.

- Hook up culture has left us with a generation of people who do not know how to work a meaningful relationship

- Love requires vulnerability.

- Even if Half Life 3 were to be released it would suck/not live up to the hype

- Valve is a has-been company creatively (financially though...)

- Pay should be capped at a certain point. You made $50 million? You're done,  retire and have fun.

- You can sometimes tell the type of person a person is by their face.

- Youtube is killing entertainment and dumbing down people
que

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
If everyone already knows, why does she get ceaseless death threats? Why did she have to disable comments on her videos? Why does trash like this appear in the related videos every time I watch her stuff?

How is she full of shit?  What's so wrong about her getting paid for her work?

"Everyone" was meant in the "vast sensible majority". Much like everyone knows Nazi Germany did exterminate millions of people, firstly jews, but you'll still get negationist shitheads sending threats. Though there's an argument of a large a segment the vocal minority really is, I guess.

I'm not quite well versed in the whole thing, but she mostly leaned on crowdfunding for her work, didn't she ? One may disagree it makes a difference but I'd say it's a little bit different than being paid or selling a product to a price. I always found crowdfunding fraught with ambiguities. That said, I'd agree I wouldn't pass summary judgement on the basis of (purely speculated) intent. I think bork may have an issue with her being a popularizer of basic feminism views lagging much behind where the field might be in academics where all the real thinking is happening ?
ὕβρις

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

This is a really bad opinion! :maf

Himu

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2017, 02:15:46 PM »

- 80% of the people that like jazz like it because they want to be seen to like jazz and can't tell the difference between a good jazz person and someone musically masturbating. Jazz fans are like the vegans/marathon runners of music fans.

expound
IYKYK

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »

expound

Nah I think we're good. The "I don't understand the appeal of this thing, therefore fans of it are just trying to look hip" argument is ignorant. I've never seem someone actually argue that angle in a convincing way. Also keep in mind this is a person openly admitting to being a fan of hair metal.

Himu

« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
but he plays flamenco. I know he doesn't hate jazz so his opinion confuses me.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
- You can sometimes tell the type of person a person is by their face.
What about head shape?
:marimo
[close]

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2017, 03:06:03 PM »
We have attained unpopular opinionage :rejoice
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »
but he plays flamenco. I know he doesn't hate jazz so his opinion confuses me.
1) I find that most jazz fans can't tell the difference between a Coltrane or a Monk and some random guy with minimal skill and 2) If someone likes jazz they'll typically find a way to tell you, like it's an achievement. It doesn't make you special. Shut up about it and listen.
que

Himu

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2017, 04:09:01 PM »
hate to be that person but are these jazz fans you encounter white by any chance?
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2017, 04:49:38 PM »
FOR FUCK'S SAKE HIMU stop blaming everything on white people

White people ruined jazz like black people ruined the US.

;)
[close]

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2017, 04:51:25 PM »
Hemingway's macho posturing is lame but I do like his prose. There's worse things you could read in English class (Steinbeck :yuck)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2017, 04:52:58 PM »
It's understandable though since Himu lives in Texas.  :doge

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »
-The normalization of nerd culture has ruined men. Now we have a generation of guys who base their self worth on being able to recognize easter eggs and fan service in shitty comic movies that don't hold a candle to actual good action movies like Mad Max: Fury Road

-Tyler was right

Grow some fucking balls. Maybe I'm just old and grew up on an internet that didn't have rules, where fuckery was expected and tears were delivered.

-Abrahamic religions :piss2

-Liberals are descending down a troubling road in terms of censorship, insularity, and a general closing off of thought.

-A lot of social justice fuckery seems more about showing off than working towards or supporting change. Seems more like a giant wank fest for white people, specifically white women. Most of whom voted for Trump btw  :doge  #NotYourAlly

-DeRay is a joke and BLM is a poorly run "organization" with very little actionable goals or aim. I miss the days of strong leaders and intellectual voices. Some still exist today obviously but a lot of these movements seem more like a repackaging of Al Sharpton-like ambulance chasing for younger black people. Way too many appeals to emotion for me

-Furthermore don't compare BLM to groups like the Black Panthers which actually had social change platforms and worked towards community based solutions. Crying about white people isn't effective. There were groups that got far more done under far worse conditions than now.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2017, 05:06:47 PM »
hate to be that person but are these jazz fans you encounter white by any chance?
Happens with any race....except latinos :hitler
que

Himu

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2017, 05:31:22 PM »

You have to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not blaming anything on white people. But there is a cultural gap here. The radio stations I grew up listening to had jazz. So bragging you listen to jazz is like bragging you listen to hip hop. It's illogical. The main black cultural music station in my home city plays jazz literally all day and has done so for decades. Hip hop has regularly sampled jazz and had jazz production inspirations. That's not to say every black person listens to jazz, but the genre is very much tied to black American culture. So listening to jazz isn't that special. It's just jazz. It's like bragging you listen to Herbie Hancock. It makes no sense.

IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2017, 05:35:27 PM »
-I'm going to make this a prediction list too

-there's too many goddamn IPA beers
-There will be more and more pop culture icon deaths in 2017 because we are reaching that distance from the boon of pop culture where the age of the icons reaches the limits
-bush will start to make a comeback in porn this year, starting with the DIY subreddits
-"Inclusiveness" is a term people use right before they start kicking people out
-The American College institution has become a gambling system where you acquire debt to gamble upon the future job market. At the same time, it's not the school's getting rich off of this, but the loan companies. The schools often face cuts, and those cuts tend to be in the useful parts of the liberal arts. They don't cut STEM because STEM is profitable, and they don't cut Gender Studies because of the political backlash. So it's things like languages that get cut, along with the literary studies in those languages, which actually help explore other cultures better than something politically protected like Latino Feminist Studies 101.
-White Identity Politics was an eventual conclusion of the continuation of identity politics. Identity politics being racism for the Trader Joe clientele. As in, instead of being a globalist consumer and feeling good about it, you get to think like a racist and feel good about it.
-Boot Cut >>>> Skinny Jeans

Himu

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »
DeRay sucks.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »
DeRay actually being apart of TFA still makes me laugh. It's like The Coli's conspiracy theories about "planted" movement leaders came true. For the record I probably agree with DeRay on 80% of issues, probably more. I don't think he's some puppet for globalists blah blah blah. But it sure is interesting his views on education mirrow TFA talking points hmmm.

Himu

« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »
- The Internet and identity politics movement combined with social media has lead to a spread of radicalized ideas and hypocrisy among young people of color. Pages like Love Life of An Asian Guy for instance feed into the division by using language that frames white people as the enemy. They use social media and naive and helpful young people in search of a solution to indoctrinate young people with harmful ideas that only causes division.

- identity politics is cancer in its current form.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:03:52 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK