Author Topic: 2017: Unpopular opinions thread  (Read 110504 times)

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
Re: 2017: Unpopular opinions thread
« Reply #900 on: November 17, 2017, 04:02:04 AM »
Pretzel dipped in chocolate pudding is tasty. I know 80% of "normal" people shrink away in horror at the thought.

(There was a snack with those tiny snack pretzels, salt and all, coated in dark chocolate. It was divine. A close second to the pudding. Must've sold like crap though, I haven't seen it in stores forever.)

That what you meant? I dimly remember it tasting weird as hell...

Ah yes, seeing people dipping stuff into their coffee is :kobeyuck
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:06:43 AM by desert punk »

Corporal

« Reply #901 on: November 17, 2017, 04:23:45 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That what you meant? I dimly remember it tasting weird as hell...

Ah yes, seeing people dipping stuff into their coffee is :kobeyuck
Not quite, but close enough. Would eat. Then again, Nestle chocolate is usually terrible, so on second though: I wouldn't want to try this particular version. Those poor mini-pretzels.

On dipping:
Coffee is such a vile drink, it's no wonder people try to dilute the taste by dipping stuff into it. :smug

Way I see it, any drink you dip things into must contain at least 80% milk. Milk is inherently dippable. Other drinks are not. Dipping sugar cubes into tea doesn't count. Even though it's addictive.
!list

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #902 on: November 17, 2017, 06:36:14 AM »
I've seen people dip rusks into black coffee, chunks left behind, coffee drunk  :donot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #903 on: November 17, 2017, 06:38:29 AM »
Speculos or tartine in coffee :delicious
Chew on the crumbs haterz  :playa
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #904 on: November 17, 2017, 06:52:05 AM »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #905 on: November 17, 2017, 07:58:14 AM »
If that's the case it's weird to tie that to an assumed death date for the site, since it is popular.

but unprofitable

The second largest shareholder just got busted recently in an anti-corruption sting and is starting to sell his various holdings.  If he decides to dump Twitter, it could rock it enough to accelerate its death spiral.
🍆🍆

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #906 on: November 17, 2017, 08:51:04 AM »
My brother and my dad drink their water while they still has food in their mouths.

:kobeyuck

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #907 on: November 17, 2017, 08:53:50 AM »
My brother and my dad drink their water while they still has food in their mouths.

Water. :kobeyuck

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #908 on: November 17, 2017, 08:57:38 AM »
Why would you want to dip bread into a liquid  :donot
Dipping bread into dutch hot chocolate :lawd
que

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #909 on: November 17, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »
Good water is amazing. :lawd

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #910 on: November 17, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »
wtf is going on with my posts. disregard this

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #911 on: November 17, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »

Selling fresh water born from the scottish highlands at 10 dollars a bottle.

You will rediscover what water really is.

I like them.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #912 on: November 17, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »
I know good water - I live right next to the fjords in Norway. :drool

Tastes way better than bottled water as well.

#waterelitism

Corporal

« Reply #913 on: November 17, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
Good water is amazing. :lawd
The tap water here in Munich easily beats the pants off anything the average company sells in bottles. :rejoice
!list

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #914 on: November 17, 2017, 09:33:06 AM »
I know good water - I live right next to the fjords in Norway. :drool

Tastes way better than bottled water as well.

#waterelitism

Aye, our Scandinavian cousins are also top tier water.

If people only knew. Also bottled water is also kinda gross, especially evian, tastes like feet.  :yuck

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #915 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
^ Evian is disgusting. lol

Volvic is pretty decent though.

Oh yeah, German tap water is pretty good too. The tap water in Japan is safe to drink usually but tastes awful. Even the bottled waters didn't taste as good as the Norwegian water I grew up with. So happy I can just drink from the sink again.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #916 on: November 17, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
we call it council juice. but aye, volvic is the go to if im out and about.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #917 on: November 17, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
Since bottled water is (was?) cheaper in France and I used to live only three miles from the border, I used to go there repeatedly and stuff my car full with cheap Volvic bottles :D

Sadly I moved and I can't do that anymore, but since the tap water here is disgusting, I still got to buy bottles, tho it's just the cheap brands now.

agrajag

« Reply #918 on: November 17, 2017, 10:41:18 AM »
Volvo water    :thinking

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #919 on: November 17, 2017, 10:51:53 AM »
Tesla is in trouble.

Their SG&A isn't good. Also, they have production problems in meeting demand, they have a huge R&D cost and given the bleeding edge nature of their tech, economies of scale never really kick in for them.  I believe they keep doing these huge events/announcements just to get an dumb investor bump and that's why they have to do it every 6 months. Unless they turn it around it's just a game of who buys them out. (which right now most auto manufacturers don't have that kind of money, and the ones that do don't need Tesla)
que

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #920 on: November 17, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »
It's going to be weird in 20 years when we realize that we made this big fuss over Elon Musk and he never brought a viable product to market and instead just leeched money from public coffers while making a bunch of big promises.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #921 on: November 17, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »
Don't worry I'll be there screaming "I TOLD YOU SO" from the fuckin mountain tops

j/k I'll probably be dead or have had my lungs destroyed by cancer by then LOL

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #922 on: November 17, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »
Y’all don’t have flips?

agrajag

« Reply #923 on: November 17, 2017, 01:23:37 PM »
Pretzels are too salty.

hampster

« Reply #924 on: November 17, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »
It's going to be weird in 20 years when we realize that we made this big fuss over Elon Musk and he never brought a viable product to market and instead just leeched money from public coffers while making a bunch of big promises.

I'm not retiring on Mars am I :'(
Zzz

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #925 on: November 17, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
Vanilla Flipz :aah

Diabetes :mjcry
reckt

Corporal

« Reply #926 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:24 PM »
My old dad has early on sets of Diabetes. Diabetes can suck a dick.

Not an unpopular opinion, mind.

How about: back in the day, German law for automobile signalling lights was pretty damn vicious. They specified the shape, height from the ground, colour etc down to the last detail.

I actually miss that. Nowadays every car has their own shaped turning/braking lights and it's been bothering the everloving fuck out of me. Some even do some KITT like faux motion stuff. Annoying as fuck.

Of course, it would be severely limiting to car designs. Most of modern cars look like crap, anyway, so I'm completely willing to accept that as a necessary sacrifice.

There, controversial, uncommon, probably unpopular. I R gud poster.
!list

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #927 on: November 17, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
Tesla is in trouble.

Their SG&A isn't good. Also, they have production problems in meeting demand, they have a huge R&D cost and given the bleeding edge nature of their tech, economies of scale never really kick in for them.  I believe they keep doing these huge events/announcements just to get an dumb investor bump and that's why they have to do it every 6 months. Unless they turn it around it's just a game of who buys them out. (which right now most auto manufacturers don't have that kind of money, and the ones that do don't need Tesla)

I know people who worked there.  At first they're pumped but three months later, they're already looking for the exit.
🍆🍆

kingv

« Reply #928 on: November 19, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »
Tesla is in trouble.

Yup. I agree with this. It’s not clear that this company is going to be able to stay in business.

Mine is that crypto currency is a total scam that isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Long term I think the price of all currencies trends towards zero.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:29:34 PM by kingv »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #929 on: November 19, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
Tesla is in trouble.

Yup. I agree with this. It’s not clear that this company is going to be able to stay in business.

Mine is that crypto currency is a total scam that isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Long term I think the price of all currencies trends towards zero.
Atra, post if you're ok!
que

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #930 on: November 19, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
I feel like an idiot when I save and invest for my retirement.  How much is it worth to have a comfortable retirement?  If I save a million dollars (lol) for my retirement, if I'm in my 60s will the quality of life be so poor that it wouldn't be worth it?  I see some decrepit fucks walking around and I wonder if the best retirement plan is a loaded gun.  If someone has to help me wipe my ass as an adult, it's time for me to go.  I'm a degenerate loser so I have no kids so I assume the money goes to the state where it will undoubtedly get pissed away on something stupid.  Maybe at some point at some age (say, 50 or 55), I cash out, blow all my money, and then blow my brains out.  Seems preferable to being an octogenarian stashed away in a nursing home somewhere.
🍆🍆

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #931 on: November 19, 2017, 02:53:11 PM »
Take care of yourself and you won't need a nursing home when you get older.

Lol that doesn't really guarantee anything.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #932 on: November 19, 2017, 02:57:16 PM »

Doesn't work like that

Mostly genetics and luck tbh
dur

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #933 on: November 19, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »

Doesn't work like that

Mostly genetics and luck tbh

Indeed. No matter how much I'm working out now; if I'm "lucky" I'm gonna kick the bucket from stomach cancer. If not, I'll end my days in a nursing home, turning into a vegetable thanks to Alzheimer's  :-\

agrajag

« Reply #934 on: November 19, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
I feel like an idiot when I save and invest for my retirement.  How much is it worth to have a comfortable retirement?  If I save a million dollars (lol) for my retirement, if I'm in my 60s will the quality of life be so poor that it wouldn't be worth it?  I see some decrepit fucks walking around and I wonder if the best retirement plan is a loaded gun.  If someone has to help me wipe my ass as an adult, it's time for me to go.  I'm a degenerate loser so I have no kids so I assume the money goes to the state where it will undoubtedly get pissed away on something stupid.  Maybe at some point at some age (say, 50 or 55), I cash out, blow all my money, and then blow my brains out.  Seems preferable to being an octogenarian stashed away in a nursing home somewhere.

we're on the cusp or reversing aging and shit. Hang in there!

Tasty

« Reply #935 on: November 19, 2017, 11:23:49 PM »
Yugioh is a great, worthy, and interesting TCG/CCG.

Unfortunately, like the Pokemon videogames, its anime representation overshadows it in the public eye.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #936 on: November 20, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
Robbie Williams made good music

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #937 on: September 12, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »
Bumping this thread because I had two on my mind lately:

- Any movement/scene/music genre/fashion/etc. that calls itself "post-something" is pretty much worthless categorization. Out of the gate it pigeon holes itself within an already well established archetype/idea in an unimaginative way while trying hard to differentiate itself in the same way a little kid who still tries to imitate his older brother would. Calling something "post-punk" for example doesn't change the fact that it's still "punk", there's nothing post about it. It's just like saying 2010's Punk but nobody wants to be VH1.

- Videogames, Comic books and anime are inherently schlocky. Sure, you can have something in all three be Avant-garde, high art, whatever and succeed but it doesn't change any of the three's main strengths are rooted in aspects best explored through pulp entertainment.

Testify!  :preach
que

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #938 on: June 15, 2019, 09:29:47 PM »
Was watching the schlock that dc has put out recently on their streaming service (spoiler: it’s actually good!) and realized that Billie Eilish jacked all of her swag from the cartoon version of Raven.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #939 on: June 16, 2019, 02:31:40 AM »
DC animated stuff is far better than any other comic properties, including the mcu