Author Topic: Horizon Zero Dawn (The Frozen Wilds launches Nov. 7)  (Read 16330 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 10:44:03 PM »
Got it, went through the tutorial so far.

DEM GRAPHICS WTF DUDE

I should really post my gameplay shots here.. its insane. Just wait till you further on the map then the shit really gets crazy as fuck. Not sure how they did it but the graphics are superb.

Also the gameplay is tight. Im 50 hours in and 74% complete so taking it slow I guess, havent finished the main quest yet but I fucking LOVE this game. Easily one of the best Ive played on PS4 if not ever.
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 04:02:36 AM »
The most baffling thing is that the framerate is pretty much flawless. Like what kind of wizardry is this.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2017, 06:46:07 AM »
Oh yeah its buttery smooth 99% of the time, no tear, no framepace issues, on the technical side its total wizardry. A nice AA at 1080p on a regular ps4.. really crazy to see what kojima will do with this tech
What

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
I rented this for my son and wow is this game a looker on the pro. The hair and fur are better than I've ever seen on my PC.  :o

The boys loves it. We may end up buying it after we take it back to the rental place.
©ZH

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2017, 05:48:14 AM »
Platinum'd

I'd give it a 9/10. The environments for an open world game are second to none.  Horizon is definitely a push in the right direction for open world ARPGs.  Eventually we'll get a perfect fusion of Witcher 3 writing/worldbuilding and Dragon's Dogma gameplay. This felt like a stepping stone to that.

Now on to Zelda  :lawd

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »
I didn't think GG had it in them. This game is fantastic.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »
Finished the story and all sideq's at 60 hours on hard. Now to get all those collectibles and make more amazing pics :o 85% completion
What

Raist

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
Probably not a popular opinion, but I love that this game has barely any sort of leveling up. You get a tiny HP upgrade, a few skill points and that's it.
Gear is the same, no ridiculous damage etc increases. Makes any machines, even the starting area ones, dangerous at all times. Playing on very hard on first run is a ton of fun.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
Why would that not be a popular opinion :P
What

Raist

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »
Because people like having broken characters.

Can't get over how beautiful this game is. Runs circles around TW3. It's basically TW3 bullshot edition, before the downgrade. Better looking even.

Lore is pretty cool too. Not too surprised, it was the same for Killzone. Except that this time it's in the game :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2017, 07:00:15 AM »
I still cant believe Guerilla made a great game, hopefully soon I will have some time to play it

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »
I started playing this yesterday. Playing in 1080p supersampled, and this game is just unbelievably gorgeous. I've only played up until the Proving, but wow. :o
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »
I started playing this yesterday. Playing in 1080p supersampled, and this game is just unbelievably gorgeous. I've only played up until the Proving, but wow. :o

Ive taken over 400 screenshots..I need to post some of them here..I already hosted them :P.

Game is so damn gorgeous
What

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2017, 03:27:37 AM »
So is this game actually good?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2017, 04:21:42 PM »
The game is fantastic.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »
One of the best new Sony IP's in years next to TLOU
What

Fortus

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:25 PM »
So is this game actually good?

Surprisingly so. It's a shame many people will think 'Guerrilla...lolz' and not bother with it since it does so many things well. Worth a rental at the very least simply to see the engine they created
pie

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2017, 11:32:42 PM »
It's killing me that this game is out at the same time I'm playing Zelda. Are they real different from each other?

Raist

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »
It's killing me that this game is out at the same time I'm playing Zelda. Are they real different from each other?

It's a lot more similar to the witcher 3. With combat that doesn't suck ass and without the avalanche of useless loot. And a lot less repetitive too when it comes to side stuff.

Compared to Zelda, they're both open world A-RPG (more A than RPG) but that's pretty much where the comparison stops.

FatalT

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2017, 06:30:04 PM »
I'm trying to be responsible and save money (dammit NieR: Automata, you'll never drop in price but Persona 5 is right around the corner and I haven't played an RPG like that in a while (Final Fantasy XV doesn't count) so I rented this from Red Box again. I wasn't able to give it my full attention the first time I rented it so I'm definitely going to take in all the sights this time. I made it to the Sun Tower and the second cauldron at least, about 11 hours in. SO MANY SIDE QUESTS TO DO THOUGH! MUST LEVEL UP AND BECOME OVER-POWERED!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Being a higher level doesnt really matter, its all about the outfits and mods you equip in the slots :). Leveling up only gives a little hp and a skill point :).
What

FatalT

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
Being a higher level doesnt really matter, its all about the outfits and mods you equip in the slots :). Leveling up only gives a little hp and a skill point :).

The skill points are extremely helpful though. Skills like doing more damage from silent strikes, increasing the ability to knock parts off with the spear, longer roll times (which I assume give more invincibility frames), and I REALLY need to get Tinker because I'm so afraid of using my purple mods because I know I can't remove them.

Raist

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
Aaaaaaand beaten + platinum'd.

Ending spoiler.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was really expecting that first credit scene going through a cauldron to end with something waking up or whatever. Like another of the sub-AI going nuts. But nope.
Are you fucking kidding me, Sylens?
[close]

Absolutely fantastic game. Minor gripes here and there, but considering this is a top tier A-RPG from a studio whic developped only FPS for like 15 years, it's damn impressive. DLC/sequel plz.

Raist

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
Even though I've done like 99% of the "quests" etc, I still enjoy roaming the world, especially "empty" spots on the map, even for jut a vista or whatever.

For instance, you can go fairly far east of Devil's Grief even to a point where you're "outside" the map. The large lake is infested with packs of corrupted snapmaws, and there's even a whirlpool at some point. No idea what's up with that. Can't reach it, the game's like "turn around lolz".

I missed a fuckload of the random text logs, and a handful of manuscripts. I guess these won't be easy to find, especially the former...

Let's Cyber

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
Started a new game today.

The graphics are still shocking, I can't believe it looks so good on OG PS4.  If not for Persona 5, this would have been my GotY.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »

shut up and take my money

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
Started a new game today.

The graphics are still shocking, I can't believe it looks so good on OG PS4.  If not for Persona 5, this would have been my GotY.

Agreed on all accounts!
What

Raist

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2017, 07:46:44 AM »
New Patch (1.30) adds NG+ and ultra-hard setting, with two corresponding trophies. And face paint. Brace yourselves for culture appropriation shitstorm round 2.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »
New Patch (1.30) adds NG+ and ultra-hard setting, with two corresponding trophies. And face paint. Brace yourselves for culture appropriation shitstorm round 2.

:lol :lol

im doing ng+ on ultra hard

its awesome
What

Let's Cyber

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »
I'm liking Ultra Hard on NG+ a lot. The balance feels just about right and the increased line of sight for robots means you need to be much more cautious. Very Hard on NG didn't feel as good IMO, most of the enemies just felt like damage sponges.

I'm a little salty they took away my Heavy Shadow armor tho, it had my best stealth mods on it.  :'(

Raist

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2017, 04:40:14 AM »
The cauldrons could definitely have been a bit longer, with a few more of them. One per robodino might have been overkill, but maybe 1/2, 1/3?

I hope the DLC and inevitable sequel will focus a bit more and the new machine stuff that is still running. Obviously for the first game I suppose they had to focus on the backstory more, but yeah, hopefully we get more crazy shit going forward.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2017, 10:53:25 AM »
which difficulty you playing on Wrath?

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
First Guerilla Games product that isn't complete trash! :hyper

I just started playing yesterday. Aside from kid Aloy looking like a male gremlin midget with shit animations, game is great!

Let's Cyber

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2017, 12:14:08 PM »
That's a good call. Normal and hard feel like the best balanced difficulties IMO. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2017, 07:09:32 PM »
First Guerilla Games product that isn't complete trash! :hyper

I just started playing yesterday. Aside from kid Aloy looking like a male gremlin midget with shit animations, game is great!

Just curious in what part of the puroresu season you'll face-turn...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2017, 04:16:57 AM »
I just found out that the guy behind the story in Fallout New Vegas wrote this game's narrative. Which explains why it was so well done in that aspect.

The guys who worked on New Vegas are so proud of their baby; apparently they had zero time, budget, insufficient personnel, but they managed to ship some magic. It's buggy as hell, but still magic.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
So I have the adept tripcaster, adept sniper bow and adept silent hunter outfit (with maxed out stealth now :smug)

I thought 30k would be more than enough for everything I wanted but I ran out of shards before I could buy the shadow adept bow. It also requires 2 Stormbird Hearts (!!!)  to purchase so it will take some hunting before I manage to pick that up.

4 mods slots is super OP. My tripcaster spec'd out for damage and fire is a monster even on Ultra Hard.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2017, 07:46:06 AM »
Beat Ultra Hard.

The final battle is kind of bullshit
spoiler (click to show/hide)
the stormbird before the final boss was the biggest hurdle
[close]
but it was doable with the shield weaver armor.  Was totally out of health potions by the end, however.

Some of the face tattoos are cool but I feel like they should be unlocked for everyone, not stuck behind NG+ and Ultra hard. One of the options are those little circle tattoos under the eyes like Nil has, so that is neat.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Horizon Zero Dawn (The Frozen Wilds launches Nov. 7)
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
the combat in this game is dogshit

great graphics though
fat

Let's Cyber

« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »
Which difficulty?
Do you have auto-aim on?
Are you using melee a lot?

Melee should really only be used via silent strike or as a last resort when things go sideways.

The name of the game is stealth, stealth and more stealth. Ropecaster on big shit when you're discovered. Scan for elemental weakness, use War bow or Sling shot to take advantage of said weaknesses. Head shots on humans. The combat versus humans is probably the weakest part of the game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2017, 11:43:47 AM »
LMAO even Guerilla Games knows it and the new patch makes combat piss easy

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/21/horizon-zero-dawn-patch-1-32-introduces-story-difficulty/

Damn, who knew all it took was me playing their game for them to fix it
fat

Raist

« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »
Git gud.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2017, 05:35:41 PM »
Which difficulty?
Do you have auto-aim on?
Are you using melee a lot?

Melee should really only be used via silent strike or as a last resort when things go sideways.

The name of the game is stealth, stealth and more stealth. Ropecaster on big shit when you're discovered. Scan for elemental weakness, use War bow or Sling shot to take advantage of said weaknesses. Head shots on humans. The combat versus humans is probably the weakest part of the game.

I fucked shit up with melee through the whole game (small-med size of course)
___

Let's Cyber

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
I didn't say it wasn't strong, it's just awkward as all fuck. The tracking has the player sliding all over the place, it looks silly.

I mostly used the heavy melee to knock small robots over if I had to, R1 for silent strike.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
got the platinum last night. story was... ok, i enjoyed it. ending was flat, final boss was dogshit. sylens voiced by Zavala got me more hyped for Destiny 2.

gameplay was traditional checklist gaming, although not as heavy as most games these days.

"can you find this?"

"i found it"

"can you come back?"
fat

Nola

« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2017, 02:27:51 AM »
So I finally picked this up a week or so ago for my Pro. Played about 15 or so hours.

I have to say, I own a pretty decently powered PC(1070), and this game makes me feel like I wasted my money lol. Beats any game I have on the PC IMO.

The core game itself is much better then I was expecting, the story not nearly as nauseous as I was anticipating(dare I say more then decent at times, which shocked me?) the gameplay is more solid then I was expecting for an open world game, but the graphics: 

:whew  :mouf

I have never used photo mode in any game, but I constantly find myself seeing things in this game where I am like, "Alright, I need to save that! Even though I will probably never look at it again." "Damn, I wonder what the view would look like if I try to climb that." "WTF! Why won't they let me climb the decrepit building all the way to the top!  View would be insane"

I always measure my opinion by observing my girlfriend's reaction, because she is a (semi)unapologetic graphics whore, who tends to get interested in games by how pretty they are, with a good eye for art I'll give her, and she was constantly floored by this game.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2017, 12:51:43 AM »
My son bought this for my birthday present. He knows my open-world game habit, and I've been telling him I'm just waiting for the price to come down. It went on sale on the Japanese PSN, so he bagged it for me… and then got up early so he could play it this morning. ;-)

I'm playing on a regular PS4, yes it's stunning and amazing and gorgeous, but more than that, the story is engaging and the gameplay is really fun so far. The tutorial stuff was well-handled in the story context, and not some arbitrary "bring me three rats" — your would-be dad says, "Hey, you've got a serious test before you can even take the serious test, and you might die — go bring me three rats make some fire arrows, or don't expect to keep breathing."

I'm legitimately curious how they're going to tie stuff together. Played for about 3 hours today; in the same amount of time, my son traversed the first two arcs, but didn't realize there were side missions or that Aloy can buy new abilities. :lol Yay for paying attention!

El Babua

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
Really enjoyed this.

Main storyline is great but the side stuff could have been fleshed out more. The lore is awesome but the characters lacking.

If it had Witcher's questing with the combat it already has, it would be the GOAT open world ARPG.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2017, 08:27:43 PM »
I played the prologue of this and then Zelda came out the next day and I didn't touch it again. I think I will soon though.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »
I'm playing Zelda now and I do miss Aloy's traps. Setting up a jungle of flame/electric and explosive wires and then leading a herd of Tramplers into is just the best.

archie4208

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »
Has Sony said anything about a GOTY edition that will include the DLC?  Been meaning to pick this up but I got a billion other games I should play first.

Raist

« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »
They were really quiet on DLC for the longest time. There wasn't even a season pass or anything. Probably waiting to see if the game was going to bomb or not.
But I don't see how now they wouldn't release an edition like that yeah.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:07 AM »
Need to check my %completion, but I think I’m around 10%. This game has a bunch of Red Dead Redemption gameplay DNA in it, to my unending appreciation.

Cleared out a bandit fort, scaled a Tallneck, ran point on invading three camps, the last one had a napalm dragon. Holy shit, this is amazeballs.

archie4208

« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
That's probably a good confirmation that the expansion is still on track for Nov. 7.

Kind of surprised we haven't gotten a preview of some kind. As far as I know they haven't announced how large the new area is,  new weapons and outfits etc. Usually we'll get some "X number of hours of new content!" bullshit at least.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2017, 08:21:21 PM »
suprised there is only going to be one major expansion

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2017, 10:40:43 PM »
suprised there is only going to be one major expansion

Guerrilla probably working hard on the sequel already.

Raist

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2017, 03:07:38 AM »
Can we get the DLC already. Fix this shit GG.

I wonder if there will be any new dinobots. They haven't mentioned it AFAIK.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2017, 05:11:49 AM »
  • "offering at least 15 hours of new content"
  • Is not a continuation of the main game's cliffhanger post credits scene. Looks like they're saving that for the sequel
  • Recommended level 30+
  • New robots, plural. Not sure how many.
  • Several new outfits and weapons (including new modifications for the spear)
  • New skill tree unlocks, including new mount perks and increased inventory space.