Author Topic: DESTINY 2  (Read 75513 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: DESTINY 2
« Reply #660 on: September 04, 2019, 09:41:16 AM »
remembered to link up my accounts finally

I'll assume it's probably a no on copying over the folder from battle.net and hitting verify instead of redownloading the whole thing on Oct 1

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #661 on: September 04, 2019, 11:25:20 PM »
remembered to link up my accounts finally

I'll assume it's probably a no on copying over the folder from battle.net and hitting verify instead of redownloading the whole thing on Oct 1
I wish.

Maybe bungie will make some kinda game importer tool?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #662 on: September 05, 2019, 07:52:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1168933165035085825

Heads up :) I have done the 2 nightfalls both to over 200k

but generally having a destiny break before shadowkeep as having to do all my solstice sets in 4 days was rough as hell.

Anyone after Wendigo and MT do it now the quests have been made a lot easier MT especially is super fun to use.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #663 on: September 24, 2019, 03:51:14 PM »
Steam preload is live, downloading now it is 105 GB

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1085660/Destiny_2/

You're welcome. I guess see you on the moon.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #664 on: September 24, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
I know Demi plays, but whose else playing? I’m back in harrrdd anyone else on ps4?
dur

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #665 on: September 25, 2019, 02:02:39 AM »
I wanted to try the free version in October, but a 100GB?  :-\

Ghoul

« Reply #666 on: September 25, 2019, 04:31:37 AM »
I know Demi plays, but whose else playing? I’m back in harrrdd anyone else on ps4?

PC main but will have Shadowkeep on PS4 as well, so hit me up if you need help with things can PM you PSN if you'd like?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #667 on: September 25, 2019, 07:16:14 AM »
I wanted to try the free version in October, but a 100GB?  :-\
Yeah, I have to buy a bigger SSD first. :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #668 on: September 26, 2019, 03:23:14 PM »
New Light Free Version. Lots of content here.

fat

Ghoul

« Reply #669 on: September 26, 2019, 04:08:35 PM »
New Light Free Version. Lots of content here.

(Image removed from quote.)

Avoid Gambit at all costs, Actually don't could do with some easy wins a lot of geat content here though

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #670 on: September 26, 2019, 08:35:16 PM »
Fuck these kids, let them play gambit and pvp. Let the tears rain.

Ghoul

« Reply #671 on: September 27, 2019, 07:09:40 AM »

Jacket is cool, Pinnacle weapons are no more - why the F even play comp now?

Long ass twab with some preview on patch notes

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48188

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #672 on: September 27, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »
Is it worth doing the account setup/migration for the free (unplayed vanilla) copy of D2 battle.net gave away or is the new free rev they are going to be about the same?

Most of that would come with any recent expansion I would get if I decided to give it a shot down the line?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #673 on: September 27, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »
I already have a Crown jacket, if I get my clear (which I probably will considering the timeframe) - I'll sell my code off
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #674 on: September 27, 2019, 10:22:30 AM »
Is it worth doing the account setup/migration for the free (unplayed vanilla) copy of D2 battle.net gave away or is the new free rev they are going to be about the same?

Most of that would come with any recent expansion I would get if I decided to give it a shot down the line?

Nah I would just stick with new light when it drops on steam, no need to transfer licence as all the stuff on it is already free with NL.

I already have a Crown jacket, if I get my clear (which I probably will considering the timeframe) - I'll sell my code off

I have a couple now I may sell this code as well, depends really how good the raid is.

If it sucks will sell it as the codes go for a crazy amount of money

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #675 on: October 01, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »
I sure do love server queues for 200,000 players.

Did they not expect people to play or something?

https://twitter.com/Nirvous_/status/1179136906413711362

:dead

Ghoul

« Reply #676 on: October 07, 2019, 05:06:12 AM »
was at final boss for contest and the servers basically took a shit for the last three hours so as soon as 24 hours passed we just stopped.

Bungie tweet 2 hours later that because of issues they're giving out the sub 24 hour emblem for teams that beat it with the contest modifer on.

After spending probably the best part of 21 hours in the raid this really annoyed me.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #677 on: October 07, 2019, 08:36:21 AM »
Yes, I spent all day and tapped out on the final boss as well - though it was about 2-3am so I got some sleep.

Woke up, got the team back together, and cleared it around 7pm (est) then find that tweet and we were all pissed

First boss kill (Contest): https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/demi/video/79930679

Final boss kill (Not Contest): https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/demi/video/79930695
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #678 on: October 07, 2019, 09:24:51 AM »
Also the boss music slaps

fat

Ghoul

« Reply #679 on: October 07, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
Yes, I spent all day and tapped out on the final boss as well - though it was about 2-3am so I got some sleep.

Woke up, got the team back together, and cleared it around 7pm (est) then find that tweet and we were all pissed

First boss kill (Contest): https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/demi/video/79930679

Final boss kill (Not Contest): https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/demi/video/79930695

The boss was just really annoying as when you had to be a bob the builder or opening for DPS it would just randomly attach to others and become a nightmare to control
also whoever was like fuck it add some bloody gambit into the raid is a prick and I hate them.
some of the bugs and then error codes just pissed me off in the end.

I'm still well and truly suffering at work today because of how much I played across the week sitting at a very unpretty 110 hours.
What power level are you? I'm 955 or something stupid like that.
 I hope they do raid releases on saturday again with contest mode, but I will deffo book off monday just incase it goes the way this one did.
Also the sheer volume of server fuck ups this week better start to die down soon as at the moment they're awful. 
I bloody hated the boss encounter as I was a mote grabber and it actually sucked on contest so much.

Overall with Shadowkeep I really think that veteran players have been given the shaft this DLC
Exotics are mostly quest driven again, no fun RNG ohh got it in the wild.
The story although good, is mostly shit we have seen, done, destroyed before, they only use those two moments one at the start and end to try hype something else.
The raid on contest is generally amazing, now it's gone, the appeal for me will fall considerably, I feel they should keep contest settings as when normal players play it they'll be like (oh why did they striggle so hard this is easy) but we'll see what challenges do.
Armour 2.0 is a cool concept, but where I was lucky getting all the sniper perks I need, a lot of my team getting fucked on drops made the raid a litte more challenging, especially with how god awful the base Resilience and recovery are.
These are my tired thoughts

The whole raid music does fucking slap, actually kept me awake a lot of the time.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #680 on: October 07, 2019, 11:38:16 AM »
If we applied the strat we used that got us our normal clear, I feel like we could have beat it on Contest after some tries. Oh well
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #681 on: October 14, 2019, 03:35:53 PM »
I dunno what they did to comp, but freelance is fucking easy as hell, played 4 hours already 3900. If you need to get unbroken/NF your time is now.

remy

« Reply #682 on: October 15, 2019, 12:38:22 AM »
I dunno what they did to comp, but freelance is fucking easy as hell, played 4 hours already 3900. If you need to get unbroken/NF your time is now.
I got to 2100 in one night on PC using a controller and I think before that my peak was like 1500 points.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #683 on: October 15, 2019, 09:47:11 AM »

ya, still at the mercy of RNG teammates but 5500 is doable

fat

Ghoul

« Reply #684 on: October 15, 2019, 10:22:57 AM »

ya, still at the mercy of RNG teammates but 5500 is doable

(Image removed from quote.)

Demi out here straight destroying kids lmao. I dunno what they did, but yeah it's super super easy.

Half tempted to go play on console and see how much easier it is vs pc, I can hold my own and get wins hence 3900 but can imagine console would be a lot easier.

was there a lot of MT + Recluse spam when you got higher?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #685 on: October 15, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
Lots of Revoker and OEM mostly. Recluse is decent on console but it only really works with the perk due to recoil. I got shit on several matches, but I guess I just got a good lucky streak going, and ended on that farm.

Used 100% Solo Queue which is the best change they've done yet. Now everyone is a solo, no more fucking stacks
fat

kingv

« Reply #686 on: October 15, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
Solo queue would make this so much better.

While destiny pvp is bad, it was basically unplayable solo before.

Ghoul

« Reply #687 on: October 15, 2019, 03:01:52 PM »
Solo queue would make this so much better.

While destiny pvp is bad, it was basically unplayable solo before.

Solo queue is live now in comp and it's the best.

Lots of Revoker and OEM mostly. Recluse is decent on console but it only really works with the perk due to recoil. I got shit on several matches, but I guess I just got a good lucky streak going, and ended on that farm.

Used 100% Solo Queue which is the best change they've done yet. Now everyone is a solo, no more fucking stacks

Consoles are weird like that, OEM for me I laugh at (titan main) I have been using it then getting my ward of dawn and switching to helm of saint 14 so anyone that comes in gets blinded.

Super scummy but just fun to troll people with, recluse on PC is crazy though range for days

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #688 on: October 15, 2019, 05:58:21 PM »
Have they fixed the PvP to not use the RNG RPG stats that the PvE game uses? Because that shit was dumb in the first one and still dumb in the second.

(Same shit as the Division, who the fuck thinks having "meta" gear is a valid strategy for a loot shooter's PvP?)

Ghoul

« Reply #689 on: October 16, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »
Have they fixed the PvP to not use the RNG RPG stats that the PvE game uses? Because that shit was dumb in the first one and still dumb in the second.

(Same shit as the Division, who the fuck thinks having "meta" gear is a valid strategy for a loot shooter's PvP?)

It's somewhat the same, although a lot of the meta you can actually aquire through playing comp now, you can get a decent sniper, smg, grenade launcher and hand cannon.

I agree it's a bit annoying though praying on RNG so you can have the best stuff for pvp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #690 on: October 22, 2019, 06:06:21 PM »
Bought the kiddo the latest expansion last night, looked pretty dope

Ghoul

« Reply #691 on: October 22, 2019, 06:09:32 PM »
Hope they enjoy, it’s pretty damn good.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #692 on: October 23, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »
these pursuits man...respect 2 demi, a real ass hardcore gamer

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #693 on: October 23, 2019, 02:36:28 PM »
And at 30 frames too  8)

I'm mostly grinding to "clear my plate" so I only really need to log on when I feel like it.

I might try to do a 3 man raid boss challenge, it seems fun to try.
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #694 on: October 24, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
And at 30 frames too  8)

I'm mostly grinding to "clear my plate" so I only really need to log on when I feel like it.

I might try to do a 3 man raid boss challenge, it seems fun to try.

I did it on PC the other week was fun, I have nearly cleared all the guns of the season. I'm now very much on my fuck this game until new stuff grind as Iron Banner has never been so dull.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #695 on: November 05, 2019, 08:43:48 AM »
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #696 on: November 05, 2019, 09:29:18 AM »
Solo Flawless Dungeon (Titan)

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/demi/video/81110429

Nice work, how was it? I haven't done it yet been on holiday!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2019, 01:07:06 PM »
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #698 on: December 11, 2019, 05:34:14 AM »
logged in for new season, finally sparrows on Mercury. Other than that doesn't seem like a whole lot of new stuff.

Will most likely give it a couple weeks then jump in to do things, the pinnacle weapons make 0 sense well at least the crucible one doesn't.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #699 on: December 12, 2019, 10:51:11 AM »
I just don't have the time for a game as a service despite destiny being my favorite game for the past couple years

So think I'm giving it up.
dur

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #700 on: February 11, 2020, 01:26:14 AM »

Ghoul

« Reply #701 on: May 15, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »
the error codes on PC are out of control holy shit.

I haven't played since like nov as this season of the fomo stuff is whack, but I come back and it's in a right sorry state.

Fuckkk Least I grabbed "The Lie" quest

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #702 on: June 03, 2020, 12:35:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1268215255898841089

Not to gas anyone up but rumor mill saying this fall update is big, and basically what Destiny 3 was gonna be before they're whole reshuffle and business shit from the last two years. Comet Hype all over again  :doge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #703 on: June 03, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »
I'm excited for the Fall update but we've done this same song and dance over and over so whatever
fat

kingv

« Reply #704 on: June 03, 2020, 12:48:07 PM »
Is there any news on the new season, doesn’t that drop like before this reveal?

Must be a low effort one.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #705 on: June 03, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
:girlaff

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #706 on: June 03, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »
Is there any news on the new season, doesn’t that drop like before this reveal?

Must be a low effort one.

Nope, I honestly wouldnt expect much
fat

remy

« Reply #707 on: June 03, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »
Shadowkeep actually made me mad when i finished it because of how bullshit and short it was. I never did Garden Of Salvation but it would have to be pretty fucking good to make up for skeep

Forsaken was great tho so I guess i'm interested

Ghoul

« Reply #708 on: June 05, 2020, 05:19:00 PM »
Yeah I would expect a larger update this fall, but this season was the lowest it's been for ages. I did "The Lie" quest, I didn't do a single one of the tower defence rubbish.

But did the kills then had the bug for a week.  Least the gun ended up being good. As for next season I suspect it'll be maybe a little better, but who knows.

I honestly played shadowkeep and did the day one raid, but after that didn't play at all until the lie quest,

I have an issue now with levelling up for next big content, hopefully the summer event which basically gets you ready for next expansion isn't to big a pain in the ass to do so I can have all characters ready to go for fall.

The sunsetting of weapons is interesting too, I feel this could absolutely make fall DLC a bit of a nightmare

as you'll need to get new guns to use in the raid, I hope if that's the case they give us two weeks to level for the day one stuff, otherwise finding decent rolls on stuff to use will just be painful.

We'll see what happens, I just want the game to be good again. But the issue we always have is the fall DLC is good, then the actual seasonal stuff after that is shit,

but TBH it's been kinda nice not being glued to the game, the whole season of the FOMO stuff was just clear rubbish to try keep players addicted and it did the exact opposite for me.

Ahhh well bring on fall... Seeing the drifter in the trailer worries me though, imagine another Gambit season now :|

Ghoul

« Reply #709 on: June 05, 2020, 06:01:01 PM »
PS

Tomorrow at reset apparently there's gonna be some in game thing going on at the tower.

kingv

« Reply #710 on: June 06, 2020, 06:47:44 PM »
Yeah gambit is trash. I hate that game mode

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #711 on: June 06, 2020, 08:57:53 PM »
The "event" was cool -- after waiting for over an hour for the thing to fucking start.

I hope they do more, just work on the timing more.
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #712 on: June 07, 2020, 01:55:07 AM »
Yeah generally once it got going it was cool. I do think if they’d had made it 30 mins instead would have been much better, also the massive delay because queues of people trying to get in didn’t help at all. But seeing as they had to make new tech for it actually worked that’s a good enough start for me for them using them. Apparently this season is called season of the arrival or visitors in another languages. So looks like we could have the darkness coming as a build up to fall expansion. We’ll see on Tuesday basically, could be promising, well at least the couple of cutscenes we have.

Ghoul

« Reply #713 on: June 09, 2020, 12:52:40 PM »
that was cool, new dungeon.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #714 on: June 09, 2020, 04:42:51 PM »
So if I dont have any of the expansions, they are removing half my games content?

Booted it up twice, once in the beginning and barely played it, then got the steam version as a link or something and they completely changed the beginning, didn't understand anything I just quit lol
What

remy

« Reply #715 on: June 09, 2020, 11:37:18 PM »
I think their workflow for adding new stuff to the game must be completely fucked. Somehow. I don't know if it's art, direction, VA, or design stuff holding them up but the seeming about of manpower/work invested in this game vs. the amount of content that comes out is stupefying. Even then they've been churning out nothing but indentikit horde modes out for 2 years at this point.

Surely people prefer playing stuff like Strikes/Raids/Dungeons over doing endless bounties on patrol/horde mode. The SKeep seasons were fucked.

At least Forsaken had a couple new raids added over time.

Ghoul

« Reply #716 on: June 10, 2020, 04:14:34 AM »
They've run into an issue with PS4 and Xbox where the games are over 100gb and the file structure especially on PS4 is making downloads take ages due to the copying system.
Plus when you look at if someone has an OG ps4 and is not upgrading the hard drive or to a PS5 for a while, I can get why they need to cut down filesize.

I think actually cycling the content is a good idea, I'm sure that new light players will get a new experience which is good, having played the content they're removing it's not that big a loss.
The D2 story was terrible, the raid layers were good but they're super old and don't give players decent drops or are even a challenge. They're adding a lot of old content from D1 in, raids, extending earth to include cosmodrome which is really cool for players that didn't experience that.

I played all night last night and actually had a blast, after the last two crappy seasons, this one actually is pretty fun, I now have two dungeons to do and levelling is now easier because of how high the soft cap is. I also like that we have a clear plan on what is going on. Also the new darkness subclass looks awesome, finally I can be darkness itself....

Things look good again, but fuck, please don't let it get to this point again Bungie...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #717 on: June 10, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »
As someone who played everything, I couldnt give a fuck because I'm tired of it and want new shit.

As someone who played everything, I think you will live because most of that shit is trash anyway.

Would I like everything in the game like an actual MMO? Sure of course. I think it's also silly to have people suddenly rise up and whine about it. Where the fuck were you then? Bitch. You can't just suddenly stomp your feet after the fact, you didn't give a fuck to play then, why do you give a fuck now?
fat

Ghoul

« Reply #718 on: June 10, 2020, 04:29:55 PM »
Totally agree with this.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #719 on: June 15, 2020, 10:50:29 PM »
Solo Flawless Dungeon (Hunter)

Feels good to get this out of the way early

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/demi/video/100723147
fat