Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45617 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2017, 10:22:04 PM »
Season 6 is a lot more fun.
serge

Himu

« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2017, 10:34:22 PM »
Episode 6 :confused

D&D are no talent hacks. Please save us, George.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
George ain't saving anything but the queso industry.
NO

El Babua

« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2017, 11:16:51 PM »
Things GRRM did between Dance and now:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buy a movie theater

Hold an event in said theater at least once a week

Publish at least 1 Wild Cards book (too lazy to check if there were more)

Attend numerous conventions and award shows

Publish 1 (and probably 2) ASOIAF lore books before Winds

Campaign for Hillary :doge
[close]

Himu

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:16 PM »

Buy a movie theater

[close]

:stop
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2017, 11:24:08 PM »

Buy a movie theater

[close]

You forgot:

Write more words on his Livejournal about the NFL and "puppygate" in a single year, than he has written for TWOW in 5+ years.
NO

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2017, 01:45:22 AM »
he had a guest appearance on an episode of the asylum/syfy tv show z nation as well

Himu

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2017, 03:06:18 AM »
Ok so, Cersei does get her comeuppance but with none of the build or fan fare. I...don't get this show. The back and forth between Maergary and Cersei was amazing. The way it builds up, the way you can read inside Cersei's head, and see her slowly get more and more insane. Here, Cersei is just Cersei but with a little extra. I mean, we have the same end result with a less satisfying conclusion. I truly think this should have been a more season wide story line. There should have been more visions with Cersei visitng the Maegi. How she killed her friend who went with her. How she relives this moment over and over and does whatever she can to stop the vision the Maegi said from coming true. How she continually talks about what's best for her children but really is just crazy. Again, the show gets to that destination, but with none of what makes it so fucking satisfying. I know time is limited and they've got a small amount of episodes to work but damn. This could have been far better. I think they actually somehow made Feast worse despite my issues with it and the only plotline I can think of that has any real improvement is Brienne's.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:10:22 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2017, 04:33:08 AM »
Hung out with my mom tonight, and she is super duper not with D&D writing about slavery fantasy folks

TVC15

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »
Episode 6 :confused

D&D are no talent hacks. Please save us, George.

Season 5 has a couple good ones towards the end. Ep 6 is easily the worst in the series.
serge

Himu

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »
Ep 8 was incredible. Goddamn I love Jon. I bet lots of Jon haters jumped on the Jon bandwagon after that, you haters.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »
I still think he's a dumb. His actor improved though.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2017, 01:04:22 PM »
I simply cannot understand why this show changes things from the books for the worse. I cannot understand it. I understand if you can't do something because it requires a huge budget or whatever, but this change in particular MAKES NO SENSE and is a vastly inferior conclusion.

I'll see myself out. This fucking show raises my blood pressure with the unnecessary changes. It makes me feel like a special fellow. Because for non-readers it comes off poorly, but holy shit. This fucking show and its fucking writers.

I would be able to tolerate this so much better if the books would get a fucking ending. Holy shit, FUCK George R.R. Martin.

Wait, what are you referring to?

Himu

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »
I simply cannot understand why this show changes things from the books for the worse. I cannot understand it. I understand if you can't do something because it requires a huge budget or whatever, but this change in particular MAKES NO SENSE and is a vastly inferior conclusion.

I'll see myself out. This fucking show raises my blood pressure with the unnecessary changes. It makes me feel like a special fellow. Because for non-readers it comes off poorly, but holy shit. This fucking show and its fucking writers.

I would be able to tolerate this so much better if the books would get a fucking ending. Holy shit, FUCK George R.R. Martin.

Wait, what are you referring to?

Which particular changes are you talking about? I barely remember that season.

Ok so, Cersei does get her comeuppance but with none of the build or fan fare. I...don't get this show. The back and forth between Maergary and Cersei was amazing. The way it builds up, the way you can read inside Cersei's head, and see her slowly get more and more insane. Here, Cersei is just Cersei but with a little extra. I mean, we have the same end result with a less satisfying conclusion. I truly think this should have been a more season wide story line. There should have been more visions with Cersei visitng the Maegi. How she killed her friend who went with her. How she relives this moment over and over and does whatever she can to stop the vision the Maegi said from coming true. How she continually talks about what's best for her children but really is just crazy. Again, the show gets to that destination, but with none of what makes it so fucking satisfying. I know time is limited and they've got a small amount of episodes to work but damn. This could have been far better. I think they actually somehow made Feast worse despite my issues with it and the only plotline I can think of that has any real improvement is Brienne's.

I think Cersei's downfall and her increasing insanity is the greatest part of Feast. Her imprisonment. The letter to Jaime. Jaime burning it while he takes care of business and being a bad mother fucker. Cersei is the villain you love to hate. Her back and forth with Maergary was golden and instead it ends abruptly and stupidly. In Feast it's a really fun storyline. Here, it's pretty droll.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:05:12 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2017, 01:23:29 PM »
Cersei is pretty much The Best in S6. Stick with it!
serge

Himu

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »
Cersei should be the highlight of s5. I'll trust in you that s6 shows my insane queen. :rejoice
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
Oh, I see.

Yeah, you're going to love S6 Cersei.

TVC15

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
I know you're a fan of telenovela bitch face, Queen. Cersei delivers big time.
serge

Himu

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »
Arya's storyline is better than the books.  :leon
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »
I know you're a fan of telenovela bitch face, Queen. Cersei delivers big time.

P...P..Pauli...na.

:rejoice

I love me a crazy, bad bitch.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2017, 02:49:43 PM »

I didn't make it past book 3, but if Arya's story is even worse in the books, it must be abysmal.
serge

Himu

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2017, 02:52:31 PM »
Well I'm on s6, so...
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »

I didn't make it past book 3, but if Arya's story is even worse in the books, it must be abysmal.
QFT

I'm bringing it back
[close]

Raist

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »
Arya's storyline became shit when she ended up on her own.

Based Hound :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2017, 03:20:48 PM »
I dunno. I always like the stuff in Braavos and where how she goes blind. The tv series improves on this.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Watching my man get butchered was hard to watch. I already know he comes back because YAHOO (my home page) WON'T STOP SPOILING THE BOOKS.

Here's hoping Olly is white walker food.  :doge
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:42:32 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »
What ep of 6 are you on?
serge

Himu

« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »
What ep of 6 are you on?

Ep 1 of season 6 currently reeling in fury after they killed my man Doran. Doran is a calculating thinker who bides his time, not a fucking pussy. And to go out like that? Again, the conclusion isn't satisfactory. The Sand Snakes are far less interesting than Doran and his long game playing ass. Another force that wants to have open war with the Lannisters. That. Is. Fucking. Boring. You've got the Boltons for that job. Doran acts as something more interesting, and now? Well...

Fuck D&D. I hope their Civil War show crashes and burns because this time they won't have good source material to fall back on and people will see them as the fuck up hacks they truly are.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2017, 05:13:02 PM »
Everything Dorne related in the show is a dumpster fire
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2017, 05:21:40 PM »
yeah they executed everything about dorne poorly, they nailed the casting of oberyn and thats kinda it?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2017, 05:28:10 PM »
Dorne was pretty rough by any measure, but I was really disappointed with how they completely wasted Alexander Siddig, who was on screen for like thirty seconds total

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2017, 05:30:57 PM »
TBF tho, Dorne represents more world building bloat in the books. I'm completely fine with them giving it not a lot of love on the show. There's only so much airtime, and decisions have to be made as to what to focus on.

Also, how do you adapt the Dorne storyline in a way that works for tv? I don't think it does.
yar

TVC15

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
Oberyn was the best character ever. I'd be pissed about him dying but he luckily also had the best death ever.
serge

Raist

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
Everything Dorne related is a dumpster fire

FTFY.

The Dorne stuff is boring filler garbage. Only thing worthwhile is Oberyn in KL.

TVC15

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2017, 05:38:37 PM »
Alright, I lied. Viserys was the best character. But he had the second best death so it's cool.
serge

Lothar

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2017, 05:46:47 PM »
I dunno. I always like the stuff in Braavos and where how she goes blind. The tv series improves on this.

You won't be thinking this after you see Season 6.  That was as bad as S5 Dorne for me.  It was so bad that Maisie Williams even had to refuse the dumb things they were telling her to do.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
Alright, I lied. Viserys was the best character. But he had the second best death so it's cool.

lets hope littlefinger gets a death worthy of his character

:noah

TVC15

« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »

You won't be thinking this after you see Season 6.  That was as bad as S5 Dorne for me.  It was so bad that Maisie Williams even had to refuse the dumb things they were telling her to do.

What do you mean by the last sentence? I hadn't heard of that. Please use spoilers to protect the Queen's virgin eyes.
serge

Himu

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
In the books Dorne is one of my favorite locales, if not my favorite. So I'm really disappointed by how they treated it. I disagree that Dorne by itself was world filler as Doran seeks to get Dany on the throne, and it makes sense for her to have a massive nation backing her given she has no allies in the high families of Westeros. With Doran dead and Dorne merely another force that wants to kill the Lannisters, things are now far, far less interesting geopolitical wise on the Westerosi map.

That said, I like the show. But the massive changes just keep making me lose my shit especially when many of them feel so unnecessary and are most often for the worse. I tend to not be a "adaptations should 1:1" kind of fan thing but GoT just drives me crazy, guys.

Can't wait to marathon season 6 and should be caught up for Sunday if things go right.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »
On the plus side I do love that Myrcella and Tommen are actual characters in GoT so the show does improve on some things.
IYKYK

Lothar

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »

What do you mean by the last sentence? I hadn't heard of that. Please use spoilers to protect the Queen's virgin eyes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/06/13/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-explains-why-arya-was-never-goin/

Williams explains that episode director Mark Mylod and his team wanted Arya's escape from The Waif in episode seven and subsequent chase in No One to be far more theatrical, but the actress maintained that it wasn't Ayra's style.

She said that in her mind, Ayra was really struggling, and wouldn't expend extra energy on pulling cool-looking stunts when she was just trying to stay safe:

"I wanted her to look like she was struggling. I didn’t want [the chase stunts] to be unnecessary or superhuman. I got on set and they were [going to have Arya] rolling around, and diving, and I was like, 'That looks amazing, but no.' I’d be like, 'Why would she run over there? She’d just duck under here and just get out.'"
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2017, 11:44:56 AM »
Saw the episode last night. There were multiple dialogue moment that were stunningly bad ("you said fire can kills wights. What breaths fire?") and just idiotic plot driven decisions that made no sense. Like, why would they sail all the way to Dragonstone and then sail BACK to Dorne to get troops? They passed Dorne while sailing to Dragonstone.

Still I enjoyed the plotting amongst the various factions at the beginning of the episode. The Euron stuff....parts of that battle just looked distinguished mentally-challenged. I dunno brehs....

Himu

« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2017, 01:50:15 PM »
One cool thing GRRM did in Feast was mention off-hand in every Cersei scene how she's been drinking a glass of wine. It kind of sneaks up on you, but after awhile you realize she's become a full-blown alcoholic.

And insane!
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »
a crazy, alcoholic and incestuous queen :drool

Raist

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
Like, why would they sail all the way to Dragonstone and then sail BACK to Dorne to get troops? They passed Dorne while sailing to Dragonstone.

I'm sorry but how could they have possibly made that plan without standing around one of them fancy stone tables with chess pieces. They just HAD to. It all makes sense. Like for realz.

TVC15

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
What's going to happen next episode. Spoilered to protect the Queen.

[close]
serge

Himu

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2017, 04:32:55 PM »
Holy shit. My man!

:gladbron :lawd

Back from the dead!
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
Saw the episode last night. There were multiple dialogue moment that were stunningly bad ("you said fire can kills wights. What breaths fire?") and just idiotic plot driven decisions that made no sense. Like, why would they sail all the way to Dragonstone and then sail BACK to Dorne to get troops? They passed Dorne while sailing to Dragonstone.

Still I enjoyed the plotting amongst the various factions at the beginning of the episode. The Euron stuff....parts of that battle just looked distinguished mentally-challenged. I dunno brehs....
How's about them sand snakes eh? :hitler
que

Himu

« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
I forgot but who exactly knows that Baelish had a hand in killing Ned? Cersei?
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »
I believe Varys knows.

Himu

« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »
S6 is incredible. :lawd
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »

What episode are you on? I think the finale is possibly my favorite episode of the series.
yar

Himu

« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »

What episode are you on? I think the finale is possibly my favorite episode of the series.

Ep 5 :lawd

I may need to apologize for D&D. They have their problems and I don't agree with them at all times but AT LEAST THEY GAVE US CONTENT AFTER ADWD. At least they'll finish the story. That's more than I can say for George!
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2017, 01:54:03 PM »
Here's the thing with D&D, at least IMO: they tend to suck at the "little things" but deliver on the "big things." So, a lot of what people love about the books are the small details about characters, and that tends to get not as much love on the show, but look at the most memorable moments from the show:

-Ned's death
-Battle of Blackwater Bay
-Red Wedding
-Purple Wedding
-Tyrion's trial in King's Landing
-Hardhome (which is a complete and total show creation, too)
-Jon's betrayal
-[redacted for QoI] in the S6 finale

They tend to hit on the bigger beats of the books more than they miss, IMO. Which just makes the inconsistency that much more frustrating, sure, but again like you said- at least they're fucking finishing the goddamn story.
yar

Himu

« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
Yeah, that's my issue. We all know they can deliver, so it drives you mad when you know have the knack but follow up on the smaller, more subtle things that truly makes the series what it's known for the most. So when the quality or charactersizations could be better, it sucks because you know it can be better and given HBO's penchant for quality tv like The Wire, you kind of have certain expectations.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »
Hardhome is the best episode of the series IMO.

s6 finale comes close though.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
The episode where Olly got strung up won me back after season five lost me. I don't think it's particularly good or clever writing, but moments like that are incredibly gratifying. There's something to be said about a show that makes you cheer for the gratuitous murder of a child.

Tasty

« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
Fuck Olly.

Himu

« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2017, 02:09:31 PM »
There's something to be said about a show that makes you cheer for the gratuitous murder of a child.

:lol Nailed it
IYKYK

Tasty