Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45591 times)

Himu

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2017, 02:48:09 PM »
Hardhome is the best episode of the series IMO.

s6 finale comes close though.

I go back and forth.

The thing is, the S6 finale is more of a slow build, which the show isn't as good at doing in a lot of ways, as opposed to battles which they're known for. Also, I enjoy [redacted for QoI]'s character arc more than Jon's, although you could argue Hardhome is more about the Night King than Jon in a lot of ways.
yar

Himu

« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »
:tocry Hodor
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »
I'm going to miss the scenes where they took two characters and let them just fuck around for a bit.

The Arya-Hound road trip is probably my favorite part of the series.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
I was always a fan of those LF x Varys morality recap talks they'd do every couple eps in the early seasons too.

zepblackstar

« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »
beware spoilers for the whole season is out from a source that has been reliable the seasons before.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
lets just say fanservice is winning this season over logical plot points
[close]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2017, 07:32:08 PM »
Where they at

Himu

« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2017, 07:41:28 PM »
Someone spoiled Rickon dying via a crappy meme on Facebook.  :goty2
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2017, 08:12:37 PM »
It wasn't so much that D&D sucked at the little things (though they did!) as much as that they replaced the meaningful little things with boobs and dick.

Oberyn was a great example of this. We barely got any of his cool conversations from ASOS, but we got plenty of him establishing that he likes to fuck the pussy AND the butt.

Yeah this pisses me off. I don't even remember if he told Tyrion about the time he and his sister saw Tyrion in his crib and Cersei pinched and squeezed his penis, trying to hurt him. Tyrion and Oberyn have a very interesting relationship in ASOS. When Oberyn comes to his aid via trial by combat it's portrayed in a manner where he wants to achieve more than revenge. It's almost like he considers Tyrion a friend. But this isn't explored. Let's muse on how Oberyn was bi, shall we?

This is one of the reasons I am doubtful about their civil war alternate history show. They have shown time and again they are incapable of nuance and tact. And yet they want to tackle the subject of antebellum slavery, with all of its horrendous offenses, when they've concentrated on simplistic things like "this character is bi"? Um.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2017, 08:17:30 PM »
I might be down with their civil war drama if they have black writers on staff. But if it's just them, lol.

Speaking of which, their treatment of Oberyn - one of my favorite ASOIAF characters - put me off of watching this show nearly three seasons.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:24:40 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2017, 11:59:48 PM »
Seeing as how things have played out, at this point Greyworm and the unsullied are going to die on some bs  :beli

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2017, 01:29:25 AM »
If anything, the show needed more of Oberyn fucking butts. Unsimulated.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »
Seeing as how things have played out, at this point Greyworm and the unsullied are going to die on some bs  :beli

absolutely

Himu

« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
MY EVIL, INSANE CERSEI :rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »
Season 6 finale is the best ep in the series. A culmination of years of build up! :rejoice
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2017, 07:07:30 PM »
wow you timed this well

Himu

« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »
???
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »
I hope I didn't oversell the telenovela-style bitch face Cersei served.
serge

Himu

« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2017, 09:06:18 PM »
You did but you weren't too far off. It's still the Cersei I know and (hate to) love.

The Hound is the most fascinating character going on in the story right now. Can't believe I'm seeing stuff after ADWD. :rejoice Finally I can continue the story and not the mercy of that fucking ass cunt. :rejoice
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2017, 09:43:42 PM »
serge

TVC15

« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Spoilers for latest ep...

Ollena :(
[close]
serge

daemon

« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2017, 10:32:40 PM »
I don't get the hatred of ollie. Then again I'm not a binary person. Ollie saw the same assholes who freely killed his entire village spared after they lost the fight. You can't blame him for thinking Jon Snow was fucking incompetent and could make the whole night's watch crumble.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2017, 10:37:53 PM »
Euron has become Ramsay 2.0

He's going to be the one to kill a dragon at this point

Tasty

« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2017, 12:00:01 AM »
I don't get the hatred of ollie. Then again I'm not a binary person. Ollie saw the same assholes who freely killed his entire village spared after they lost the fight. You can't blame him for thinking Jon Snow was fucking incompetent and could make the whole night's watch crumble.

And from a different vantage point Cersei is totally sane and the best ruler for saving Westeros from foreign invaders. POV counts for a lot. And from Jon Snow's POV, Olly was a traitorous little cunt who killed the best piece of freefolk ass north of the wall.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2017, 12:43:36 AM »
I guess teleportation technology is like, way more prevalent in Westeros than previously thought.

ALSO!

[close]
yar

TVC15

« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2017, 01:03:57 AM »
I liked that this episode

showed that Sansa is an objectively better ruler of Winterfell than Jon. Jon didn’t even have them making their armor correctly. He -still- knows nothing!
[close]
serge

Himu

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2017, 01:18:07 AM »
This episode.

queen of thorns sticking it to the Lannisters even in death! I wonder how Cersei will respond? Will my insane queen STILL blame Tyrion? Im waiting for the moment when Jaime decides to turn on her :rejoice
[close]

:bow
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2017, 01:20:07 AM »

Olly is a cunt traitor.
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2017, 02:33:50 AM »
Then again, wildlings did kill his family and threaten to eat him.  :thinking

Himu

« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2017, 02:35:27 AM »
The show is somehow improving [BOOK SPOILERS]
my man Jaime's arc by making his distance between Cersei a more of a slow burn. I'm fully expecting him to have the letter burning scene this season :hyper I also think the show does a better job of showing the conflict of his character and the good side and the bad. Jon is my favorite character in ASOIAF but I truly find Jaime to be the best written and the show is really reflecting and improving upon this.
[close]

Then again, wildlings did kill his family and threaten to eat him.  :thinking

That's the great thing about this story. There's no true good sides. :rejoice Besides the Stark's that aren't Arya of course.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2017, 02:42:24 AM »
Also, I'm liking Dany less and less and less. She's so fucking entitled. Unlike :rejoice Jon :rejoice
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2017, 02:52:53 AM »
Also, I'm liking Dany less and less and less. She's so fucking entitled. Unlike :rejoice Jon :rejoice

Huh. She's been like that since S2.

Himu

« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2017, 02:54:36 AM »
Sure. But she's starting to get more and more grating.
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2017, 03:58:19 AM »
Olenna :rejoice

Sure. But she's starting to get more and more grating.

I guess you have more patience than me. I had enough from day 1 :lol

Tasty

« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
Never thought I'd see a book reader say Jaime on the show is an improvement, haha.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »
Ya, that's crazy talk to me.
MMA

TVC15

« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »
Never thought I'd see a book reader say Jaime on the show is an improvement, haha.

They really could have improved Jamie's character in the show if they included that one Mace Tyrell POV scene from Storm of Swords. The one set in the back room of Littlefinger's brothel, where Jamie, Littlefinger, Varys, and Mace are all lined up on the side of a bed, naked and presenting while wearing very femme head pieces (I think Mace is wearing Olenna's). Oberyn goes down the row, servicing each in turn, and after he finishes, Jamie gets up and Oberyn takes his place on the bed. Jamie then uses his fake hand to blow out all of their assholes. Everyone then gets up and starts voguing in a circle around Jamie, proudly displaying their prominent rosebuds, while "Work This Pussy" plays on repeat.

The show really fucked up there.
serge

El Babua

« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »
For real though, Jaime had multiple inner conflicts in the book. The show just gave all of it to his obsession with Cersei after season 4. Him literally throwing the White Book aside and fucking Cersei instead of wanting to do his duty as a Kingsguard like in the book was a clear sign of intent from D&D.

If you look at his character development in the show by itself, you can see it go exactly as Queen described.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »

#fakenews

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Himu

« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »

I think it depends on how they take his story going forward. Last night I was tired. I tried to mean to say, there's potential in the show here but I was too exhausted.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »
Cersei is winning too much this season. It feels contrived and convenient.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »
I think the showrunners just quit trying with Jamie after the wtf rape scene in S4, which had like no repercussions on the show and was never referenced again. Really, what the hell was that? It's easily the most bizarre instance of rape in the show.
serge

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »
I think the showrunners just quit trying with Jamie after the wtf rape scene in S4, which had like no repercussions on the show and was never referenced again. Really, what the hell was that? It's easily the most bizarre instance of rape in the show.

They really fucked the director too. Can't find the article, but basically he didn't edit the scene together/make the final cut. So when it aired he realized oh shit that's not the scene I shot, yet he was the one being asked to defend it. IIRC he hasn't directed an episode since then.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
John just being at Dragonstone was awesome. We done with season long travels, time for shit to happen

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
Olenna: “He really was a cunt, wasn’t he?”

Jaime:  :yeshrug
___

agrajag

« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2017, 11:02:48 PM »
Don't like this season at all so far. It seems like the creators are bending over backwards to make the Lannisters an invincible force AND have the Dany side make horrible strategic unforced errors just to make Cersei more of a threat.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
This episode still had some silliness but it was largely a return back to form.

The show runners are really bending space/time though to get everyone back and forth so quick.
I like the whole sacrificing Castley Rock for High Garden, but really no one noticed the Lannister army marching to High Garden? Come now.
[close]
que

bluemax

« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2017, 12:52:30 AM »
This episode still had some silliness but it was largely a return back to form.

The show runners are really bending space/time though to get everyone back and forth so quick.
I like the whole sacrificing Castley Rock for High Garden, but really no one noticed the Lannister army marching to High Garden? Come now.
[close]

If you think they're bending space time now, just wait!
NO

Lothar

« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2017, 08:18:44 AM »
Bran was channeling Ramsay there.

"Hey sis, good to see you again.  By the way, the weather was beautiful the night you got raped.  You also looked really pretty on the way to your rape."  It comes off like Bran was aroused by what he saw that night.

That's the third meeting we've been waiting years to see that has been complete shit (along with Arya/Nymeria and Jon/Dany).  We've been waiting years to see Dany invade Westeros and it's as lame as can be.  She actually decided not to use her dragons and not to attack King's Landing, lol.  Can you believe that shit?  Tyrion should be getting fed to a dragon for coming up with that plan.  Lannisters can easily defeat the Tyrells in about a day I guess because they're not good fighters.  Teleportation everywhere.  I still enjoy watching the show just because it's funny.  Jorah is completely cured of grey scale because Sam cut it off, haha.  Hilarious season.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2017, 09:10:29 AM »
GRRM, if he ever finishes WoW (which he won't), won't be able to help himself from making jabs at the show writers.

agrajag

« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:16 AM »
The Lannisters is the only house that has an infinite supply of troops that haven't been ravaged by war lolol.

Raist

« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2017, 12:48:29 PM »
I mean, time travel is fine, no need to spend one entire episode on the road, the problem is that it's highly inconsistent.
Bran shows up at the wall at the very beginning of Ep. 1, but somehow only reaches Winterfell during Ep.3.  He really, really needs to talk to Jon, especially to you know, let him know he's not Ned's bastard, and lso that SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER I'M NOT DEAD, but they couldn't at the very least send a crow either. While Sam, on the other end, managed to do that in the same episode. FROM THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE OF THE MAP.
The worst part is that there's not even an excuse for it. Given that Bran had maybe 10mins of screen time so far, they could have made him arrive to the wall in Ep.2 or something.

And there's tons of other stuff like that.

The Lannisters is the only house that has an infinite supply of troops that haven't been ravaged by war lolol.

The best bit about that is that the Lannister land is one of the smallest ones, with the fewest major cities.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2017, 12:52:24 PM »
John just being at Dragonstone was awesome. We done with season long travels, time for shit to happen

haha good point, but imho it takes a bit away from the scale

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
at this point we know the scale. it's been well established. we don't need episodes or even scenes of people traveling. if a person shows up in a place after being somewhere else previously in a scene we can intuit the distance and time it took to get them there.
nat

agrajag

« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2017, 01:07:02 PM »

The best bit about that is that the Lannister land is one of the smallest ones, with the fewest major cities.

They portrayed Casterly Rock as a moderately sized castle, not a city. How do they even fit, let alone feed thousands of troops in there?

TVC15

« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2017, 02:01:56 PM »
My main concern is that Bran gets too big a role. If people bitch about the teleporting now, they'll go full-on Tourettes Guy if the writers fully indulge the crappiness that his ill-defined (but growing) wibbly wobbly timey wimey powers could enable.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »
It would be great if upon reuniting with his siblings, Bran flippantly said something insensitive to each of them and then Sansa, Jon, and Arya just agree to fucking kill him.

"Hey, remember that time you got married and got raped? I saw that! Ewwwww!"
"Hey, remember that time you saw Grey Wind's head sewn onto Robb's body? That was gnarly!"
"Hey, remember when that fucking obvious plot piece Ollie bullseyed that chick you loved? AND you passed up a chance to bang Mellisandre? WTF Jon?"
serge