Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45649 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

bluemax

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »

The Lannisters is the only house that has an infinite supply of troops that haven't been ravaged by war lolol.

The best bit about that is that the Lannister land is one of the smallest ones, with the fewest major cities.

They portrayed Casterly Rock as a moderately sized castle, not a city. How do they even fit, let alone feed thousands of troops in there?

Other than Kings Landing every major house seems to have a castle and not much else. Its like in an old RPG when the only buildings are ones where you can spend money or talk to important NPCs.
NO

agrajag

« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2017, 12:11:35 PM »
I just can't get over how dumb this show is. The Lannisters can just march in and rek any other army incurring minimal losses. Nevermind that the Tyrell army vastly outnumbers their own. Oh, I forgot, "they aren't good at fighting."

:neogaf

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
I just can't get over how dumb this show is. The Lannisters can just march in and rek any other army incurring minimal losses. Nevermind that the Tyrell army vastly outnumbers their own. Oh, I forgot, "they aren't good at fighting."

I'm not excusing everything, but the Lannisters did have Randyll Tarly on their side. Didn't he command a lot of respect in Tyrell-land?
serge

agrajag

« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »
Yes, but House Tarly is one of 50 something houses that swore allegiance to Tyrells.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
I think the idea was that the Tyrell's weren't expecting it and hadn't called in their bannermen. Hence they just had a small force at Highgarden.
vin

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »

Also looked liked it only took a couple hundred men. I guess CGI cloning soldiers these days is expensive.

Himu

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Yes, but House Tarly is one of 50 something houses that swore allegiance to Tyrells.

Um.

Lannister's taking Tyrell's isn't out of the ordinary. They're not considered a fighting house and Tarly was their man fighting force bannerman. Olenna spells it out when Jaime walks in: they're not known for fighting, Lancel  or no. They're important because of their resources they provide to the realm.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2017, 06:51:31 PM »

Um.

Lannister's taking Tyrell's isn't out of the ordinary. They're not considered a fighting house and Tarly was their man fighting force bannerman. Olenna spells it out when Jaime walks in: they're not known for fighting, Lancel  or no. They're important because of their resources they provide to the realm.

What nonsense is this? They have the largest fleet in Westeros and it's due to his alliance with Tyrells that Renley had a nigh unstoppable army and Stannis could only defeat him through treacherous sourcery, rather than open combat. The whole "they aren't good fighters" but was made up to
boost Cersei up.

El Babua

« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »
The show also discounts Reach politics with Hightower and especially Redwyne being power players. The Redwyne fleet is about as large as the Ironborn's and was the biggest in Westeros till Euron built them up IIRC

So I guess the show just gave all the bannermen power to Tarly.

I'm guessing if the books do come out, the Reach houses will be divided on who to support and the Tyrells will get got one way or another.

TVC15

« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2017, 09:55:16 PM »
Stopped reading when I got to the part about cutting the "bad pussy" line. That line was great and if it was in just about any other show, people would eat it up. The book reader neckbeards just have it in their heads that this is an adaption of some sort of actual literature rather than particularly entertaining genre trash.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
note: I still hate the TV Sand Snakes. This is no defense of them
[close]
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
This show lightweight sucks now.

agrajag

« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2017, 01:45:41 AM »
Alright, I guess Lannisters sacking Highgarden as easy as taking a candy from a baby isn't THE most awful thing about the last couple of episodes.

Why were all the commoners in King's Landing cheering for Euron and throwing shit at Asha again? Do most common folk even know who Asha is? Didn't all the commoners hate Cersei and throw stuff at her when she did her walk of shame? The residents of flea bottom have the memory of a frut fly..

TVC15

« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2017, 01:50:39 AM »
Alright, I guess Lannisters sacking Highgarden as easy as taking a candy from a baby isn't THE most awful thing about the last couple of episodes.

Why were all the commoners in King's Landing cheering for Euron and throwing shit at Asha again? Do most common folk even know who Asha is? Didn't all the commoners hate Cersei and throw stuff at her when she did her walk of shame? The residents of flea bottom have the memory of a frut fly..

Personally, if Donald Trump killed all of the most annoying and awful religious people in a glorious green explosion tomorrow, I'd probably be willing to forget a lot about his past. King's Landing was probably ecstatic to be rid of those Sparrow assholes.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2017, 01:55:20 AM »

Personally, if Donald Trump killed all of the most annoying and awful religious people in a glorious green explosion tomorrow, I'd probably be willing to forget a lot about his past. King's Landing was probably ecstatic to be rid of those Sparrow assholes.

I think all the Washington Elite Nobles hated the Sparrow assholes, but they seemed to help out the dirty poors and won favor with them. My question was more along the lines of, what explicit reasons did they have to hate Asha/Yara and rain adoration at Euron?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2017, 02:09:23 AM »
Maybe they watch the show, so they'd naturally root against more Dorne and Iron Islands scenes.

TVC15

« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:19 AM »

I think all the Washington Elite Nobles hated the Sparrow assholes, but they seemed to help out the dirty poors and won favor with them. My question was more along the lines of, what explicit reasons did they have to hate Asha/Yara and rain adoration at Euron?

I'm feeling like a real apologist for the show at this point, so I should probably stop responding, but I don't think it would be especially difficult to convince the public that Yara was in cahoots with the murderer of Cersei's daughter since she was caught on a boat in the midst of a sexy lesbo "foreign invasion" with her. Also she's like 75% less attractive than any other female in the cast. Euron gets props for capturing them.

Also, to suggest today's Trumpian times again, I'm sure Cersei's crowds in the Red Keep are very carefully selected from known loyalists.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2017, 02:15:36 AM »
But why do they care about the murderer of Cersei's daughter, a product of incestual relationship, an abomination in those people's eyes?

TVC15

« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2017, 02:19:04 AM »
But why do they care about the murderer of Cersei's daughter, a product of incestual relationship, an abomination in those people's eyes?

Because it was the first (I think) act of rebellion by a former ally that was now a threat? Maybe Myrcella was liked? She seemed nice enough. It's not difficult to come up with reasonable justification for some of these complaints.

Also, I'm out for the night. I just found the most AMAZING fisting vid on Tumblr. I swear this dude must have been born without a sphincter. I need to investigate.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2017, 02:25:54 AM »
Don't mind me, I'm nitpicking at this point. I'll find anything to hate about this show these days.  >:(

TVC15

« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2017, 02:28:17 AM »
Don't mind me, I'm nitpicking at this point. I'll find anything to hate about this show these days.  >:(

I approve. I normally love to hate on things, but in light of all the awful book readers hating on the show, I think I feel some sort of need to defend it.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2017, 02:30:27 AM »
Count me as an awful book reader. But I got into the show first and I genuinely enjoyed Season 1, and parts of seasons 3,4,5 and 6

Himu

« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2017, 02:35:12 AM »
tbh the most glaring problem to me was Varys in Dorne one minute and on Dany's boat the next. That was jarring. What the fuck. Most immersion breaking thing I've seen on this show yet. Haven't had a problem with Lannister's taking out Highgarden as per the show logic or Kings Landing people booing the enemies of the queen. After Cersei bombed the Sept, she rules that place with an iron fist called fear. So it makes sense the populace would side with her if they valued their life. Especially since Cersei issued a mandate for Clegane to kill anyone who bad mouths her. They could have shown more fear in KL during last season as the Mountain silenced the populace who talked shit about Cersei, but as we know, details isn't one of this shows strong points and you have to fill in the gaps. So the recent stuff is just par for the course for the show.

But Varys suddenly appearing on Dany's boat in the s6 finale. That's weird.
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2017, 03:15:36 AM »
Probably the biggest book bitching I have is the fact that Varys and Littlefinger are like straight up chumps in the show. Or at least have been since like season 5.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2017, 04:35:22 AM »
I don't read the books and the show has still gone to shit for me

TVC15

« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2017, 04:37:55 AM »
I don't read the books and the show has still gone to shit for me

Sounds like the sort of thing Amir0x would say to justify not being able to witness the rest of the series.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2017, 05:04:23 AM »

They're just like americans, clapping at anything and everything.

Lothar

« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2017, 08:22:32 AM »
Are there any Preston Jacobs fans in the house?  For those not familiar, he's about the closest thing we have to a RedLetterMedia recapper of the show.  Sometimes, he points out legitimate flaws and bad writing.  Sometimes he goes overboard with his nitpicking.  But even then, it's amusing to see someone who thinks far too deeply about a story talk about a show written by people who barely put any thought into it.  (Ex: "Dany is too powerful, hey, let's turn Dany and Tyrion into bumbling idiots and have them attack Casterly Rock instead of King's Landing and let's not use dragons."  "Hey, we want Sansa to get raped, let's have her agree to marry into the family that murders hers with no plan and no benefit to Littlefinger.")

TVC15

« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
How many times did you jerk it to that fisting vid?

I'm old and have a refractory period of like 7 days. It's like The Ring between after I jizz and when I can jizz again.

The video itself was of the highest quality. The fister had a kinda nasty arm hair situation going on that would've needed an agent orange drop to reel in. Prety thick arms, too, and appeared pretty solid. The elbow got inside the fistee a few times. You didn't see the fistee's full face at all (the video focused on the important things), but there was a shot of the side of his face and you could see the dude was bawling his eyes out--I was a little surprised since he seemed to be taking it so easily. Oh, also, the bottom dude was young (not cool young dude young, but like mid 20s and looked like a fucking adult) and didn't look like the normal sort of degraded nasty dude that you see in like 99% of these videos.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:10:03 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

bluemax

« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »
They did also mention that the people of King's landing will change who they favor at the drop of the hat, so I guess the explanation is that they're just easily influenced.
NO

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2017, 01:00:04 PM »
Ep4 has leaked

Torrent users are saying "The quality is bad but it was worth it for such great episode. Thanks a lot."
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Tasty

« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
Ep4 has leaked

Torrent users are saying "The quality is bad but it was worth it for such great episode. Thanks a lot."
[close]
This ep brehs :rejoice

studyguy

« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2017, 02:27:57 PM »
Last ep was weak af.

pause

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
That battle was amazing, so satisfying.
brb

El Babua

« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2017, 09:34:52 PM »
Bran so woke, he autistic now.
[close]

zepblackstar

« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »
Good lord that EPisode 4 was amazing.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
only 360p?  :fbm

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »
bronn gets play of the game
萌え~

El Babua

« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2017, 11:54:30 PM »
The last 15 minutes made the bullshit in the last 3 episodes worth it.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2017, 03:37:04 AM »
okay I caved

1 dragon is going to die this season if a single hit can hinder them like that (plus how easy it is to maneuver + load)
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »
someone needs to kill little finger already, getting tired of his lurking. Totally ready to see Arya fuck up some white walkers with her valerian steel dagger
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
So the Tyrells go from propping up Lannister power to "never being a challenge/force/etc" huh? Did S4 never happen?

Another meh episode. I liked the last season with Olenna though.

lol @ Bran being Dufus now  :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
I feel the fast travel issue is that they aren't using any dialogue or mini montages to display time and travel. It's just straight cuts to the next setting without bothering to acknowledge it. It's also budget.

zepblackstar

« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2017, 10:42:35 PM »
Its also gotten to the point where the tv audience wants some resolution now. Its like they see the complaints about the Walking Dead and its like Not here fuckers

100 MPH with no brakes

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2017, 10:49:38 PM »
I think the fast travel issue isn't an issue let's end the story as quick as possible and be done with it!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2017, 11:06:55 PM »
bran going full autist whew, he'd fit right in at the bore

Himu

« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2017, 11:28:30 PM »
DOES GAME OF THRONES EXIST IN TAMRIEL NOW?!?! WHAT IN THE FUCK

Other than that, dope episode.
IYKYK

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »
I seriously can't wait for the first dragon to die. Fuck those OP POS lizards.

Please. One of them nearly got taken out by a dude with a ballista. Dragons need an armor and evasion buff if anything.

Himu

« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2017, 11:40:30 PM »
Why root for the Lannisters? They've already got everything without earning it.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2017, 12:14:12 AM »
Cersei earned her position. I'm not talking about that or her. I'm talking about Lannisters gaining victory after victory without it being earned.
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2017, 01:18:55 AM »
My roommate was all "I kinda feel bad for the Lannister troops" and meanwhile I'm over here like "nah, this is good."

Having to sit through so many awful, dumb Dany moments in the books and on the show and then getting to see the dragons wreck shit in Westeros

:lawd
yar