Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 44867 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:49:46 PM by toku »

El Babua

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | The Great War is Here
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
They said they have 1 more shorter season after this one.

Not really keen on the show anymore, but curious as to see how they'll end it considering Fatboi still hasn't gotten anything out.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 10:37:14 PM »
The giant horde of Dothraki on Westerosi soil with a dragon flying overhead has been the dream since season 1.

:rejoice

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »
The giant horde of Dothraki on Westerosi soil with a dragon flying overhead has been the dream since 1995.

:rejoice
yup

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 12:48:06 AM »
There's been so much good shit since I last saw GoT that I dont care about it as much, welcome to have it back though

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:55 AM »
fuck george r r martin
:snoop

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
ew gross no
dur

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
fuck george r r martin
:snoop

Took you long enough. Of course, the reason he can't finish the story is that he's obsessed with all the "world building" shit you and Puddles have boners for. IT'S YOUR FAULT is what I'm basically saying.
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 01:49:32 PM »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 07:23:40 PM »
If winter is here, how come nobody in the south is all that bundled up, and there's no scenes of snow south of the Neck? :P
MMA

Huff

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:57 PM »
when winter is here, but global warming dont give no shits
dur

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 11:37:03 PM »
Yea the weather stuff must be so expensive they just said fuck it. By the end of fifth book it's snowing in King's Landing, a lot. Can't really do that in the show when you're filming in Europe in the late summer/fall.

bluemax

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
Benioff and Weiss claim to have sworn off reading commentary about the show, good or bad. When I visit them in Los Angeles in March, they’re writing the next and final season. I peek into a fridge in a lounge area in their offices, a room dominated by a Thrones-branded pinball machine Weiss proudly points out, to find three cases of beer with Westeros-themed labels, low-calorie ranch dressing and yellow mustard. At this point, they have full outlines of the final six episodes. In fact, they’ve been working on the very last episode, possibly the most anticipated finale since Hawkeye left Korea. “We know what happens in each scene,” says Weiss.

The fact that they know is remarkable considering the show will reach its conclusion long before the books. The last new Thrones novel came out in 2011, the year the show began. The author describes his next installment, the sixth of seven, as “massively late.” “The journey is an adventure,” says Martin, who, at 68, has fought criticism that he won’t finish the books. “There’s always that process of discovery for me.” But with young, and rapidly maturing, actors under contract and a community of artisans awaiting marching orders in Belfast, the show can’t wait.

Benioff and Weiss always knew this would happen. So they met with the novelist in 2013, between Seasons 2 and 3, to sketch out what Martin calls “the ultimate developments” after the books and show diverge. The upshot, they say, is that the two can co­exist. “Certain things that we learned from George way back then are going to happen on the show, but certain things won’t,” says Benioff. “And there’s certain things where George didn’t know what was going to happen, so we’re going to find them out for the first time too.”

It’s also changed the on-set dynamic. Coster-Waldau says Benioff and Weiss have “become much more protective over the story and script. I think they feel this is truly theirs now, and it’s not to be tampered with. I’ve just sensed this last season that this is their baby: ‘Just say the words as they’re written, and shut up.’”

http://time.com/game-of-thrones-2017/?iid=got0629217
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:00:46 PM by bluemax »
NO

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 11:14:55 PM »
I love the idea of those two goofballs getting indignant at people questioning their writing given the last few seasons  :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 11:34:09 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 12:13:50 AM »
I love the idea of those two goofballs getting indignant at people questioning their writing given the last few seasons  :lol

The showrunners are by far the weakest link in the whole operation.

At least they can meet a fucking deadline

:jawalrus
yar

bluemax

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 01:19:11 AM »
I just love the shots that they take at George, "we always knew this was gonna happen". It's funny how people thought they'd delay the show for the book but these guys never planned on that coming up.
NO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 10:55:17 AM »
Can you imagine the money Martin has lost by not finishing the series and only releasing one book during the show's duration? Publishers dangle advances and bonuses based on deadlines, and he has missed every single one. Not to mention that IF A Dream Of Spring even comes out it'll be in like 2024, long after the craze is dead.

Martin's flurry of activity (signing a new deal with HBO, selling rights to various other properties, the spin offs, etc) reek of him trying to make up for the money he lost. Pathetic.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »
anybody wanna play videogames on Sunday around 9PM EST

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »
anybody wanna play videogames on Sunday around 9PM EST

If only you had Reaper of Souls

:jawalrus
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 11:06:40 PM »
Dat opening tho

:gladbron
yar

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 11:18:55 PM »
corny ass tv shit

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 12:22:26 AM »
The salty tears of book stans

:delicious
yar

El Babua

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 03:38:16 AM »
Something that's probably gonna happen in the books.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Better executed tho!
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 10:21:33 AM »
Remember when book people got pissed that the credits spoiled the White Walker leader as the "Night King"? Lol. We're so far past that now. :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »
I don't associate with ASOIAF books anymore  :doge but the debate was moreso over whether the "Night King" in the show is THE Night's King mentioned in the books (who was defeated), or a new character for the show.

studyguy

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »
Motherfuckers out here talking about GRRM finishing shit in a reasonable amount of time when my ass has been waiting nearly 2 decades for Cook to finish another installment of The Black Company.

Also what's up with Euron looking like he just rolled out of a Hot Topic back room. Also lmao my girl was like 'They got Ed Sheeran sounding motherfucker to sing a song for game of th... oh that is Ed Sheeran."  ???
pause

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »
Can we just assume in this thread that if you ain't watched it by Monday you can just stay the hell out of the thread re:spoilers?

Thought it was a good episode, loved the opening with Arya wiping the Freys straight out of the game. Glad we didn't have to suffer through a season of Daenerys sailing and they put her ass right into Dragonstone -- hopefully this keeps up and we get a whole season of shit happening. Also, mebbe the hound ends up being Azor Ahai, whatcha think?

bluemax

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 10:53:53 PM »
Can we just assume in this thread that if you ain't watched it by Monday you can just stay the hell out of the thread re:spoilers?

Thought it was a good episode, loved the opening with Arya wiping the Freys straight out of the game. Glad we didn't have to suffer through a season of Daenerys sailing and they put her ass right into Dragonstone -- hopefully this keeps up and we get a whole season of shit happening. Also, mebbe the hound ends up being Azor Ahai, whatcha think?

I read spoilers for the next episode, don't get your hopes too high. Although with only 7 episodes you'd think they wouldn't have so many slow episodes, but this episode was kinda slow. That Arya and Ed Sheeran scene felt like total AffC filler.
NO

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 05:37:37 AM »
Just watched it. Was Okay. Not much happening, and with only 7 episodes this season and presumably next being the last one, I wonder if they're going to pull a "lol j/k, we have another 3 seasons planned".

Also, could someone please fucking kill Sansa already?

Raist

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »
Was just reading some reviews, and it seems that a whole bunch of people are losing their collective shit at some "Ed Sheeran" dude making a cameo, apparently one of the young Lannister soldiers that Arya meets.

So like, who the fuck is that dude and what's the issue exactly? The bits I've read were like "Oh yeah, that was totally out of place". Huh?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 09:35:46 AM »
Were these same people as upset when they saw Neil Patrick Harris as the young Ned Stark in Bran's visions?
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 09:58:17 AM »
I didn't notice either of them  :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
Famous musician gets a small cameo where he sings oh no oh no oh no

First for tv

Camera doesnt even focus on him in the scene, its nicely done

raist: sansa is hot now, and nice and cynical

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2017, 12:25:35 PM »
It was an OK episode (with the exception of the cold opening which was really quite good) however, the whole Danny getting back to Dragonstone thing was too in love with itself and melodramatic.  The hound thing was a little cheesy too, but I don't see how that could have been avoided. The Sam thing? They spent more time with him mopping up shit than the important stuff (a perplexing choice)

really it feels like the show runners are just sorta guessing the way it goes forward. The iron bank? nope. The sparrow? gone.

Oh and yeah, let's let this Targaryean girl who we know is coming just land all her ships and get a foothold at Dragonstone. I mean, come on. You kidding? It didn't matter what you thought of the Greyjoys but make a deal with ANYONE just to stop the Dothraki getting to Westeros with literally no resistance. That's a whole new level of dumb.
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
Yeah it seems like they could at least find common ground with some of the other houses that the last thing they need is a whole new contender for the throne with a giant army behind her.  But whatever, show me more Dany tits.

Tasty

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »
I for sure thought the Lannister army was gonna jump out of the corners or something when Dany was just strolling through, considering they mentioned it earlier in the episode. But nope. :lol

Huff

dur

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 01:40:03 PM »
Lol you guys that was not NPH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 01:42:13 PM »
Whatever your opinion of Ed Sheeran, Westeros finally has a third song.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »

I read spoilers for the next episode, don't get your hopes too high. Although with only 7 episodes you'd think they wouldn't have so many slow episodes, but this episode was kinda slow. That Arya and Ed Sheeran scene felt like total AffC filler.

this is why you're a plebe. It was a very good scene in which Arya's entire worldview and actions earlier in the episode were challenged, and also reinforced Jon's decision in the episode regarding the children of traitors. It was the type of scene you'd expect from the books.

And I'd imagine when Arya eventually decides to murder all the soldiers later, it'll once again drive home that she is little more than a vengeful spirit (in the show). She's Lady Stoneheart.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
I envy you people who don't know who ed sheeran is

etiolate

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »
More proof of your jealousy of me.  :snob

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
:wankingmotion

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2017, 07:43:34 PM »
More proof of your jealousy of me.  :snob

literally no one likes you

etiolate

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 08:05:58 PM »
:lol I don't try to get anyone here to like me. Have to say too many awful things to accomplish that.

Meanwhile, I don't think they're selling why Jamie would still hang around Cersei at this point. He's got options.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »
I mean, he has to win her war for her so presumably he won't be in King's Landing long.

Dragonstone being 100% empty is the dumbest shit I've seen in awhile. Not to mention if the timelines are somewhat close, Euron's fleet would have seen Dany's.

El Babua

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »
I think they threw logistics out the window a few seasons ago.  :doge

How did Jorah make it to the west coast of Westeros as a leper tho?  :doge

Let's Cyber

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:22 PM »
How did Jorah make it to the west coast of Westeros as a leper tho?  :doge
Aren't there medicines that can slow it from spreading? I thought that is what saved Shireen.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Raist

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2017, 04:10:57 PM »
So I gave it another watch, and a bit more thought. Let's recap:

- Arya can apparently already pass as pretty much anyone. Instead of having the Freys change side, or something even remotely useful, just wipes them out. I get that they've been trying to build her up as a badass assassin on a quest for revenge, but then again, in the next scene we get a clichéd "wait, people can be normal and nice too??!?!?" scene with a bunch of rando Lannisters soldiers no one gives a F about.

- Bran miraculously comes back to the wall. Not sure how they went past the ginormous army of ice zombies. Benjen disappears again. I guess he doesn't give that much of a fuck about his nephews. And then nothing. Not a single scene even hinting that Jon Snow knows is alive, and here. Let's forget he lost yet another sibling just a handful of episodes earlier, mkay? And when asked why they should believe he's Ned Stark's son, apparently the convincing argument Bran comes up with is "let me tell you what I know you did in season 2". Sorry, how does this follow?

- Sansa thinking it's a good idea to contradict her brother, officially her freaking king, because "bu-bu-bu-but Jon they betrayed us we need to punish them". Also tries to teach him about being "smarter than Dad". Well that's convenient, considering the role you played in his demise. And the death of a poor butcher's boy. And covering LF's ass when he murdered your aunt. Speaking of LF, literally 5mins later, when Brienne asks why he still sticks around, Sansa explains that it's "because he has soldiers and shit". Well hold up, wouldn't that work for the Umber and Karstark kids too then? Guess the fact that he made her marry a complete psychopath is all forgiven.
She was already a garbage character in the books, they somehow managed to make her even more insufferable and useless in the show.

- No one apparently thought it'd be a good idea to hold Dragonstone. Including Cersei who was told in the same episode "Well they're most likely going to make landfall at Dragonstone". "Because of its port" by the way, says Jamie. And then we see MuhDragons arriving later on, and landing on a small shitty beach.

- Cersei invites Euron to hang out and shit, knows (or strongly suspects) he's going to propose an alliance via marriage, but then tells him to fuck off. OK? She also sounds like she never actually gave a fuck about her kids.
Also, Euron now looks like he would fit right in a shitty metal concert. Or maybe the Village People, I dunno. The fuck was that attire and haircut.

- So the archmeister believes Sam but doesn't seem to give a fuck. One of the highest ranking meisters doesn't think that maybe the fact that an gigantic army led by the Night King, which hasn't been seen for millenia, might be a bit of an issue?
As for Sam, we got that he's having a shitty (:teehee) time, but there's no need to repeat that succession of lowly tasks for 5mins. Point was taken in the first 1. But then Sam decides to act for once, and we Harry Potter now. Minus magic blanket. Oh and the big revelation that there's a fuckton of dragonglass in Dragonstone. Although "Oh yeah Stannis mentioned something about this...".

- MuhDragons is back in Westeros for the first time in like, forever, knows that pretty much everyone wants to kill her (and banned her most loyal follower for that reason), yet walks head first into one of the strongest fortresses in Westeros, with just a handful of people walking like 20m behind her. Well that makes sense too.

Thankfully based Sandor is still awesome. It's quite amusing how scenes about three rather minor characters (especially in the original material) are a fuckload better across the board than major stuff. Hound for Prez.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:17:03 PM by Raist »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2017, 05:12:31 PM »
Not to mention how ridiculous it is that ALL the Freys happened to be in one area like that. Jaime notes they were a valuable part of the Lannister force...were no Freys commanding the Frey army in the field? The war is still going on. And what happens to the Frey army now? Do they just chill at the Twins and do nothing? Or maybe we'll get more Girl Power and Walder's wife will pledge fealty to Jon.

Tasty

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2017, 05:43:15 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »
Prevailing theory seems to be...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That show Arya basically = Lady Stone Heart as far as plot goes, and that the showrunners decided to have her undo all of the stupid LSH shit in one fell swoop so they can move on to other shit
[close]
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
I think it's pretty clear Arya doesn't give fuck who sits what throne, she's out for vengeance and murder

Himu

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2017, 06:08:10 PM »
Catching up on GoT. Haven't watched since s5 ep 1. Hope s5 isn't too awful.
IYKYK

Let's Cyber

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2017, 06:14:21 PM »

Himu

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2017, 06:16:44 PM »
:lol I'm already expecting them to ruin my man Jaime fucking Lannister going by what I've read (sending him to Dorne?! What the fuck) but I'm going to try to take it in stride. I have to accept the books won't ever have an ending and just enjoy new ASOIAF content in these seasons. Beggars can't be choosers.
IYKYK