Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45641 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »
Prevailing theory seems to be...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That show Arya basically = Lady Stone Heart as far as plot goes, and that the showrunners decided to have her undo all of the stupid LSH shit in one fell swoop so they can move on to other shit
[close]

If you and PD were running the show, I can imagine LSH would have been a big source of arguments for you guys.

Show would still be better though.
[close]

If PD and I were running the show, we would have never gotten past the arguments about...

His demands for more cock in the show
[close]
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
One of the best things about Rome that there was a scene with a slave showing his big dick. That was like a decade ago, people. Game Of Thrones is missing out on a big opportunity with male nudity.

But anyway, I alluded to Arya being LSH in my previous comments about the episode. Makes sense, as long as the end is as tragic as I assume LSH and book Arya's arcs will be. Arya just being a killer who does "cool" murders with no other development would be cheap.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »
One of the best things about Rome that there was a scene with a slave showing his big dick. That was like a decade ago, people. Game Of Thrones is missing out on a big opportunity with male nudity.

Hodor.

But anyway, I alluded to Arya being LSH in my previous comments about the episode. Makes sense, as long as the end is as tragic as I assume LSH and book Arya's arcs will be. Arya just being a killer who does "cool" murders with no other development would be cheap.

Hodor.

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2017, 07:04:21 PM »
Spartacus' dicks :lawd

bluemax

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2017, 11:05:28 PM »
How is Sam still fat after all this time at the wall and barely eating and then going to the citadel and barely eating.
NO

Tasty

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »
How is Sam still fat after all this time at the wall and barely eating and then going to the citadel and barely eating.

Craft services obvs

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2017, 11:13:16 PM »
:lol I'm already expecting them to ruin my man Jaime fucking Lannister going by what I've read (sending him to Dorne?! What the fuck) but I'm going to try to take it in stride. I have to accept the books won't ever have an ending and just enjoy new ASOIAF content in these seasons. Beggars can't be choosers.

Don't worry, the worst things Jaime does are immediately forgotten by everyone, especially the writers, and have no lasting effect on the character whatsoever

My first thought too! How's this dude still so thick? Dude spends all day dragging multiple full steel bedpans around and carrying three foot tall stacks of books

El Babua

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »
Yeah, book Sam at least makes some gains. I guess blame it on the actor.  :doge

Oh and looks like D&D are working on a Alt history show where the south won. Can't wait for that lol

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2017, 10:27:50 PM »
...guess most of y'all mothefuckers are torrenting this shit then

:jawalrus
yar

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
That skin to pie transition was great
dur

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2017, 10:40:40 PM »
Really good episode. Things are happening which is always good.

nat

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
This seasons-long asinine Missandei/Grey Worm romance was worth it just for those shots of Grey Worm's cute ass.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2017, 01:16:25 AM »
Dat Missandei

TVC15

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2017, 01:27:35 AM »
The ending of that episode was so great. I didn't want it to end.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2017, 01:39:17 AM »
This seasons-long asinine Missandei/Grey Worm romance was worth it just for those shots of Grey Worm's cute ass.

Came here to post the same thing.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2017, 02:10:04 AM »
lit

Raist

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2017, 06:01:00 AM »
MuhDragons getting all bitchy at Varys for no reason.

Sansa keeps being a whiny child.

Sam redeems himself.

Theon is once again a bitch.

Hotpie :rejoice

MISSANDEI  :lawd

I give it a 7/10

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2017, 01:35:09 PM »
Thought that shit sucked b

bluemax

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »
I love that the concepts of time and distance no longer exist.
NO

El Babua

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2017, 11:09:19 PM »
I love that the concepts of time and distance no longer exist.

Or real political consequences

Or any logical sense when it comes to depicting battles

Or dicks on screen

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2017, 02:52:10 AM »
Don't see why there's any praise of this episode. Outside of naked missandei and hot pie and the sand snakes finally getting killed the whole episode was a hot mess for me
que

archnemesis

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2017, 03:09:32 AM »
I was hoping the Greyjoys would kill each other in that scene. The show would benefit from fewer characters.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2017, 07:29:17 AM »
another good episode

why is theon such a puss

Raist

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
Don't see why there's any praise of this episode. Outside of naked missandei and hot pie and the sand snakes finally getting killed the whole episode was a hot mess for me

I gave it a 7/10. FIVE POINTS FOR GRYFF Missandei  :whew :rejoice
[close]

Huff

dur

TVC15

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »
MuhDragons getting all bitchy at Varys for no reason.

Sansa keeps being a whiny child.

Sam redeems himself.

Theon is once again a bitch.

Hotpie :rejoice

MISSANDEI  :lawd

I give it a 7/10

I agree with everything except your assessment of Sansa. She's much less awful than Jon. Sansa learned from her abusers while Jon was gaying it up in an all boy's military encampment where he was eventually murdered by his semen-receptacle boy Olly, and he somehow came back dumber than ever. Jon can only redeem himself by banging Danaerys as soon as possible.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2017, 12:25:32 PM »
Wait a minute, Ned's daughter is named Sansa? I've been calling her Salsa!  Why didn't someone tell me? I've been making an idiot out of myself.

Huff

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:54 PM »
I'm cool with referring her as salsa from now on
dur

Raist

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »
I call her Nonsansa.

I agree with everything except your assessment of Sansa. She's much less awful than Jon. Sansa learned from her abusers while Jon was gaying it up in an all boy's military encampment where he was eventually murdered by his semen-receptacle boy Olly, and he somehow came back dumber than ever. Jon can only redeem himself by banging Danaerys as soon as possible.

Learned what? She's still as whiny and clueless as she was 6 seasons ago. Only useful thing she did is feed Ramsey to his dogs. Woop dee boop. And that's after her brother beat him to a pulp.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »
That whole scene with Jon giving Sansa reign of Winterfell was so dumb

"But who's capable hands?!"
"Yours"
<cue music>

My god. Is this Disney XD? So forced.
que

Phoenix Dark

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2017, 01:25:54 PM »
Disney XD :rofl

TVC15

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/07/24/this-is-what-worries-me-about-game-of-thrones-after-last-nights-episode/#675bf5b83b74

:doge

I find most of those kinda nitpicky. I'm willing to forgive traveling sins and faux pas at this point because I want the show to move at a breakneck pace (although I acknowledge stuff like Littlefinger's teleporter would be shitty in a lengthy book). I could also probably come up with some feasibly likely reason on why they might want to hit up Dragonstone first pretty quickly. The only thing I really agree with is the ballista. That's the master plan of the dude that gave us Zombie Mountain?

Re: Jon and Sansa, I think they've cut Littlefinger some slack since he saved their asses at the Battle of the Bastards (a pretty big deal), but I think both Sansa and Jon have made it clear that some slack isn't much slack. I still want to see Littlefinger seduce Sansa because he is the best character on the show. I might be a bit sour next week if Jon interacts with Varys or Tyrion in any meaningful way and Jon isn't informed about Littlefinger's role in Ned's death (assuming Varys or Tyrion know that Jon is buddying around with The Finger, of course).

As far as Sansa opposing Jon goes, I think that might just be her nature after everything she's been through, and she might also feel she has a right to speak her mind considering she's a real Stark. Thinking a bit further on this, did Jon and Sansa ever really interact way back in season/book 1 before everything went down? I don't recall if they had a friendly relationship or if Sansa (who takes after her mom, a person that did not like Jon) resented or didn't like him. If they had a salty relationship back then, that might also play into her attitude towards his shitty leadership. I only went through AGOT, Clash of Kings, and part of Storm of Swords and I don't recall what Sansa personally thought of Jon.
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/07/24/this-is-what-worries-me-about-game-of-thrones-after-last-nights-episode/#675bf5b83b74

They're not wrong though.
I was talking with the wife last night and it just feels like the show runners have let the show get away from them. The thing that made made GoT more than standard fantasy schlock for me was when Ned Stark gets beheaded and GRRM was like "Oh you thought he was the main character? The events are the main character bitch!" The show runners seem to be thinking "We have all these characters, what do we do with them?" "Well, let's tie fatfriend with Sir Friendzone, why? because people will eat that up." I can't speak for the books, especially after the last 2, but unless Sir Friendzone has something important to do,they'd just leave it as, he died somewhere.

And don't get me started on the Varys "I choose you Pikachu!" It started off strong with him maintaining that he's on the side of the realm but then is like "But I'll server you." And then the Greyjoys. "Oh noes! It's Euron!! I'm this badass Piratess of the sea and I'm just going to sit around slack jawed and not give a single order." There are so many things that they're doing with their caricatures that are just so perplexing. I have to admit, I was like "I'm not going to read the next books. The show will do." If this is how it's going to go? I'll probably read the books just to see if they're as big a mess as the show

Last season was a wreck until Hodor and then the battle of the bastards. This season? Episode 1 was OK. Episode 2 feels like the show has gotten away from them. We'll see if they have another epic battle scene to save the season.
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2017, 02:39:02 PM »
http://www.gamesradar.com/always-skip-the-game-of-thrones-credits-you-may-have-missed-a-big-white-walker-reveal/   <--- spoiler
mother fuckers just gon freeze the sea and go around :lol
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
It's a special ballista that Dr Frankenstein made

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure in A Dance With Dragons the slavers' armies had ballistas, and they didn't do shit. Tyrion said the only way they'd be effective would be a lucky shot right to the eye or into the mouth.

The books had led me to believe that the giant horn Victarion came across was going to be the secret weapon against the dragons. But there's no Victarion and no horn, so I guess we can go with ballistas getting a buff.

Yep.

at this point in the show i think euron has best chance at killing one of the dragons with his magic swagger

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:47 PM »
A ballista has killed a dragon before though. It's just hard as fuck.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2017, 06:36:13 PM »
again, its real easy to hit a giant skull sitting in front of you

Raist

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2017, 07:53:58 PM »
Just hire Bard. Problem solved.

etiolate

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
About every TV show gets eaten alive by fanservice eventually, especially if it has a nerdish following.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2017, 08:27:17 PM »
Meraxes was shot out the sky by an iron bolt through the eye, by the Dornish; I'd imagine a lot of bolts were shot at the same time and that was the lucky shot.

I wouldn't expect history to repeat itself on that front. If any of Dany's dragons die in the show it'll be due to magic or something. In the books, you could use a horn to steal a dragon and pit it against another.

Lothar

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2017, 09:31:24 PM »
another good episode

why is theon such a puss

That was one of the smartest things any sympathetic character has done in the series.  Any other good character would have pointlessly charged at Euron and died like a dumbass. 

bluemax

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2017, 10:56:44 PM »

I was talking with the wife last night and it just feels like the show runners have let the show get away from them. The thing that made made GoT more than standard fantasy schlock for me was when Ned Stark gets beheaded and GRRM was like "Oh you thought he was the main character? The events are the main character bitch!" The show runners seem to be thinking "We have all these characters, what do we do with them?" "Well, let's tie fatfriend with Sir Friendzone, why? because people will eat that up." I can't speak for the books, especially after the last 2, but unless Sir Friendzone has something important to do,they'd just leave it as, he died somewhere.

And don't get me started on the Varys "I choose you Pikachu!" It started off strong with him maintaining that he's on the side of the realm but then is like "But I'll server you." And then the Greyjoys. "Oh noes! It's Euron!! I'm this badass Piratess of the sea and I'm just going to sit around slack jawed and not give a single order." There are so many things that they're doing with their caricatures that are just so perplexing. I have to admit, I was like "I'm not going to read the next books. The show will do." If this is how it's going to go? I'll probably read the books just to see if they're as big a mess as the show

Last season was a wreck until Hodor and then the battle of the bastards. This season? Episode 1 was OK. Episode 2 feels like the show has gotten away from them. We'll see if they have another epic battle scene to save the season.

Except Game of Thrones was always laying the ground work for typical fantasy schlock. GURM just tricked people with Ned Stark for one book, but since then it has been pretty clear who is safe and has plot armor (Jon, Daenery, Tyrion, Arya). Everything else is just fat pink masts and grimdark for grimdarks sake.
NO

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2017, 12:23:20 AM »
Meraxes was shot out the sky by an iron bolt through the eye, by the Dornish; I'd imagine a lot of bolts were shot at the same time and that was the lucky shot.

I wouldn't expect history to repeat itself on that front. If any of Dany's dragons die in the show it'll be due to magic or something. In the books, you could use a horn to steal a dragon and pit it against another.

isn't one of her dragons supposed to be weaker/smaller because of it being held in captivity? that one will get got

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2017, 01:06:36 AM »

Except Game of Thrones was always laying the ground work for typical fantasy schlock. GURM just tricked people with Ned Stark for one book, but since then it has been pretty clear who is safe and has plot armor (Jon, Daenery, Tyrion, Arya). Everything else is just fat pink masts and grimdark for grimdarks sake.
Yeah. I'll give you that. After book four and especially five you were left with a feeling of "wait a minute, plot armor has essentially made this shitty."

:goty
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »
I'd expect a lot of big characters to die before the end.

Raist

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »

Nonsansa needs to go :stahp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »
I suspect Arya and Tyrion will die at the very end in a dramatic "I die, not for honor, but for you."  moment.
Salsa kills littlefinger and becomes Queen in the north. Dany and Jon's armor is too strong for them to die.
que

etiolate

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »
is Nonsansa a statement on the TV character not being much like the book character?

Himu

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »
I'm on s5 and so far really like it. I guess a few years away from the show did it favors for me. I'm really looking forward to the best storyline of AFFC: Cersei Lannister's downfall and the mind games between her and Maegary. :lawd And the fucking ending to AFFC, with the letter, and Jaime burning it. :lawd My one-handed stud.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:24:26 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2017, 06:07:15 PM »
And my nicca Prince Doran :bow Always pictured him older but :bow anyways
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
They are also doing a fantastic job with Jon "the greatest of all time" Snow, obviously my favorite ASOIAF character. The early seasons made the GOAT look like a massive bitch and not the hardened well to do badass that he truly is. Now that they've decided to not CUT CONTENT OUT OF THE BOOKS they have to honor this characters dear legacy as God intended. :lawd
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:20:39 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:25 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the best storyline of AFFC: Cersei Lannister's downfall and the mind games between her and Maegary. :lawd And the fucking ending to AFFC, with the letter, and Jaime burning it. :lawd My one-handed stud.

And my nicca Prince Doran :bow Always pictured him older but :bow anyways

oh, honey.....

:goty2
MMA

Himu

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2017, 06:23:58 PM »
Spoilers? I'll spoiler them now. Sorry! I'm very excited to see this happen in live action!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
This season is highlighting how bad of a ruler Dany is as well :rejoice
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2017, 07:10:51 PM »
Aeris dies.

Himu

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »
FUCK CERSEI

NOOOOOO

You had one job, writers: Cersei's downfall and her complete insanity, which is the sweetest fucking thing in the series that is not the Red Wedding. YOU HAD ONE JOB.
[close]

:stop
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2017, 10:15:55 PM »
I simply cannot understand why this show changes things from the books for the worse. I cannot understand it. I understand if you can't do something because it requires a huge budget or whatever, but this change in particular MAKES NO SENSE and is a vastly inferior conclusion.

I'll see myself out. This fucking show raises my blood pressure with the unnecessary changes. It makes me feel like a special fellow. Because for non-readers it comes off poorly, but holy shit. This fucking show and its fucking writers.

I would be able to tolerate this so much better if the books would get a fucking ending. Holy shit, FUCK George R.R. Martin.
IYKYK