Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45708 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2017, 01:04:10 AM »
I see that and raise you the biggest L from the episode

yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2017, 01:08:32 AM »
Also, more memzzzzz

yar

Himu

« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2017, 01:16:08 AM »
GoT has the best memes on tv rn
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2017, 04:37:40 AM »
Well she could have at least fucking tried.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #605 on: August 29, 2017, 04:56:23 AM »
I think I moved beyond nitpicking about things like this now in this show, I'm in too deep , I just want to see how it all pans out.

Lothar

« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2017, 08:23:48 AM »

Raist

« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2017, 09:08:07 AM »
I think I moved beyond nitpicking about things like this now in this show, I'm in too deep , I just want to see how it all pans out.

The good guyz win. Knownuffin and Muhdragons have lots and lots of babbies. The end.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »
It's all a dream Bran had. At the end he wakes up, legs working, in bed next to Cercei remembering he went dick deep the night before.

Dennis

« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2017, 02:09:16 PM »
I know how much The Bore likes anime so I thought you would like this.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #610 on: August 29, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »
You know what Muhdragons could have done? Blast the NK and his Lieutenants into oblivion instead of spending 10mins burning the lvl1 mobs. Because they were all standing nicely on the horses in a tight pack, doing fuck all.

Assuming they're even capable of killing him, which is by no means a sure thing.
Why would they even know who that was? This is the first time Dany had ever seen the White Walkers
vin

Raist

« Reply #611 on: August 29, 2017, 06:20:09 PM »
A handful of dudes in shiny armor, standing on horses, safely behind their armies, tend to be a bit more important than dragon fodder.

But then again, it's Muhdragons. Been playing queen for 6 seasons, still doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. What did I expect.

Steve Contra

« Reply #612 on: August 29, 2017, 06:29:39 PM »
She came to rescue Jon, why would she go kill guys in the background instead of the horde attacking Jon? And she doesn't know the wights die when the white walker who created them does. There's like a million other things about that episode to complain about.
vin

Raist

« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
She was told everything anyone probably ever knew (at least for the past few thousand years) from first hand encounters by Jon.

The way the whole scene was set up didn't make any fucking sense. She came with her three dragons, and it was clear that just one already could plow through hundreds of wights in a heartbeat. She could have cleaned the place within a couple of minutes, instead of fumbling around trying to get 10 people on a dragon's back while they're still fighting with wights.

Make the NK kill one immediately, making her realize that they need to bail. Make her go with 2, leaving one at Dragonstone just in case, so with one dead they really need to bail. Make her try to burn the whole place down and the NK pull some magic to stop them.  It could have been handled in ten different better ways. The way they went was really dumb, all for the sake of a few minutes of shiny CGI and "tension".

Steve Contra

« Reply #614 on: August 29, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »
She was told everything anyone probably ever knew (at least for the past few thousand years) from first hand encounters by Jon.

They learned this fact in this very episode, there was no way for her to know any of this.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #615 on: August 29, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
She didn't know about the "everyone they've raised dies if they do" info as that was learned on this expedition.

Honestly, dude, of everything to be annoyed with this season, that's gotta be at the bottom of the list.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #616 on: August 29, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
She couldn't possibly know who the NK was, nor do I think she'd focus on 3 dudes out of a horde of thousands attacking her friends.

Raist

« Reply #617 on: August 29, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »
Why do you care so much about the whole "kill these and they all die" thing? It doesn't matter. I'm not even talking about this.
The way it was set up she could have wiped them all regardless, instead of staring at Jon like a deer caught in headlights.

If they can't get their shit straight with 3v0 dragons, how is that gonna work out with 2v1 plus the OP ice javelins.

Steve Contra

« Reply #618 on: August 29, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »
Why would she wipe everyone out before Jon was safe though and risk him? She didn't know about the spear yet, so why not rescue everyone, and then wipe them out? It's a strange thing to be hung up in an episode that made as little sense as that one.
vin

agrajag

« Reply #619 on: August 29, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »
Why wouldn't Jon tell her all the pertinent details about the WW when he spent days at Dragon stone? Any way you slice it, the scene was handled awkwardly, just like when Bronn and Jamie dove in the water. It's a lazy handwave to say oh Dany is just dumb, or she didn't know. Let's call a spade a spade, the creators are less than competent in many cases.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
Yes, absolutely. However, I don't think her actions once she got there were stupid. Everyone was about to be overrun; her primary objective was to gtfo with everyone alive. Then one of her dragons got killed. So no, I don't think having her notice a small group of dead dudes on horses set back from the main battle when she's in the thick of it is a cause for complaint.

Now, the whole scenario IN GENERAL is stupid and her rushing off is certainly stupid. But her actions once she's up there? Nope.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2017, 07:40:21 PM »
Why wouldn't Jon tell her all the pertinent details about the WW when he spent days at Dragon stone?
There's several details he didn't know about though.
vin

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »
Agreed

Also how many times does it need to be said that the guys discovered the "kill one, kill them all" thing like 5 minutes earlier and she just straight up could not know that

agrajag

« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
My memory is hazy. Didn't Sam kill a WW before and also Jon and they saw the wights crumble? Not sure.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2017, 08:19:58 PM »
Sam did kill a WW but I don't remember there being any wights around.

Edit: I have to admit I hated the whole "Kill the leader = kill them all trope" rearing its ugly head yet again, but if you think of the Night King and WWs are people who warg into the dead, then it makes sense. And pushes the whole Bran = NK thing further.
que

Steve Contra

« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
My memory is hazy. Didn't Sam kill a WW before and also Jon and they saw the wights crumble? Not sure.
No, they just learned it. Beric was talking about it when they were trapped.
vin

agrajag

« Reply #626 on: August 29, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »
Ah ok.

The dumbest part of the entire cockamimey plan was that it completely hinged upon trusting Cersei.  :thinking They should make Arya do all their strategic planning, after the finale she seems like the smartest of the bunch.

agrajag

« Reply #627 on: August 29, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
Hey brehs, something just occured to me. Jaime went rogue and is riding to warn The King In The North about Cersei's betrayal, right? So there's a chance he will meet Bran, the guy he threw out the window and crippled for life. That conversation should be a hoot.

Raist

« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
Beric knew exactly who the NK is. Somehow didn't get the idea to repeat to Dany exactly what he told Jon though, for some reason.

I'm sorry but I have a really hard time thinking that how the scene was handled once Muhdragons got there made any sort of sense, considering she came with 3 fucking fully grown dragons but somehow panicked, fumbled and bailed, while 10 dudes who spent the last few days freezing their balls off, had to fight a bunch of times already, and pretty much didn't sleep managed to hold off the horde for about as much time as Dany did. Like please.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:44:16 PM by Raist »

agrajag

« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
She's pretty reckless with the dragons in general. Despite events pointing to the contrary she still seems to believe that they are invincible. The dragon got hurt two times, previously, once when she attacked the Lannister army and before that when the Harpy people attacked the dragon.

Raist, I don't believe Daenerys had met Berric at that point.

Steve Contra

« Reply #630 on: August 29, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
You're somehow missing the worst part off that scene and why it seems awful, and that's why the fuck did Jon keep running around killing wights instead of jumping on the dragon.
vin

Raist

« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »
She's pretty reckless with the dragons in general. Despite events pointing to the contrary she still seems to believe that they are invincible. The dragon got hurt two times, previously, once when she attacked the Lannister army and before that when the Harpy people attacked the dragon.

He was sitting on the same dragon wasn't he? They could have ended it right there. Unless wights can fly, once they were on Drogon they were pretty safe. Just had to dodge NK's aim, but he quite clearly can't noscope either so.

You're somehow missing the worst part off that scene and why it seems awful, and that's why the fuck did Jon keep running around killing wights instead of jumping on the dragon.

He's not particularly bright either. I guess that's what happens after millenia of inbreeding.
They're clearly made for each other. Their kids are going to be great. A bunch of baby Hodors :rejoice

Steve Contra

« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2017, 08:58:35 PM »

He was sitting on the same dragon wasn't he? They could have ended it right there. Unless wights can fly, once they were on Drogon they were pretty safe. Just had to dodge NK's aim, but he quite clearly can't noscope either so.

Rewatch it. They were waiting for Jon to get on when Viserion goes down, and still waiting for him before they had to take off. Like I said, it's a weird thing to get hung up on when the rest of the episode makes little logical sense.
vin

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2017, 09:24:55 PM »
Yes, absolutely. However, I don't think her actions once she got there were stupid. Everyone was about to be overrun; her primary objective was to gtfo with everyone alive. Then one of her dragons got killed. So no, I don't think having her notice a small group of dead dudes on horses set back from the main battle when she's in the thick of it is a cause for complaint.

Now, the whole scenario IN GENERAL is stupid and her rushing off is certainly stupid. But her actions once she's up there? Nope.

Also she was seeing a vast army of ravenous animated corpses for her first time ever while flying over a strange land, so it's kinda reasonable she didn't immediately think "I bet disrupting their chain of command is the key to defeating them."

Can we talk about how all of Jon Snow's plans since he was revived seem to be designed to get himself killed again? I don't know if it's intentional, but he's really been the guy who came back to the office halfway through his vacation to deal with a crisis.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=247362875

Holy shit these guys are terrible  :lol

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2017, 11:11:07 AM »
Brehs, just because Bran can see everything doesn't mean he's seen everything.  :doge
©ZH

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »

in the shows defense, it was cut out for a reason. which was to make the story that Arya and Sansa were plotting the entire time. It's one of those situations where the editing can change the story.
nat

Himu

« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »

What guys? The writers? Or the gaffers? Both?
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

Raist

« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2017, 03:01:41 PM »
Brehs, just because Bran can see everything doesn't mean he's seen everything.  :doge

He's been built up as a super important savior or something. One of the very first things shown this season is Bran finally coming back to Winterfell.
And other than a couple of scenes where he's clearly become a self-centered super awkward jerk, he's done fuck all.

Like, wtf.

Steve Contra

« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »
Bran is the ultimate exxample (other than the last two books) of the fact that GRR Martin doesn't know how this shit was supposed to end up.
vin

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #641 on: August 30, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »

in the shows defense, it was cut out for a reason. which was to make the story that Arya and Sansa were plotting the entire time. It's one of those situations where the editing can change the story.

GRRM must be thanking his lucky stars that he has the show to test-run the dumbass shit the show has presented before committing it to ink

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #642 on: August 30, 2017, 06:33:54 PM »
if he even cared half as much

bluemax

« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2017, 10:29:08 PM »
We will be lucky if George gives us the Half Life Episode 3 treatment for how the books were going to end. He'll probably tell us to fuck off while he eats some nachos.
NO

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #644 on: August 31, 2017, 01:00:27 AM »
Even worse: until he dies, he'll just endlessly blather on about old Targaryen princes and obscure bits of Westerosi history, and whenever anyone asks him about the last two books he'll just look at you all confused.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #645 on: August 31, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »

They were plotting the entire time yet have a confrontation BY THEMSELVES, in which they weren't acting for anyone/tricking anyone

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #646 on: August 31, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »
Littlefinger was hiding under the bed, don't you remember?
nat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2017, 12:30:01 PM »
It's not That Dude From The Coli Whose Name I Can't Remember level of recap, but I'll take it.

http://blacknerdproblems.com/game-of-thrones-recap-the-dragon-and-the-wolf/

PD, relevant to your interests:

"But then I remembered that Podrick is like the Lex Steele of Westeros. Which again makes me wonder why dude is up north failing at being a knight when he could be down in sunny King’s Landing doing porn parodies like Stone in the Sept 6 or Put’em on The Dragon Glass 12."
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #648 on: August 31, 2017, 02:09:16 PM »
©ZH

jorma

« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »
It's not That Dude From The Coli Whose Name I Can't Remember level of recap, but I'll take it.

http://blacknerdproblems.com/game-of-thrones-recap-the-dragon-and-the-wolf/

PD, relevant to your interests:

"But then I remembered that Podrick is like the Lex Steele of Westeros. Which again makes me wonder why dude is up north failing at being a knight when he could be down in sunny King’s Landing doing porn parodies like Stone in the Sept 6 or Put’em on The Dragon Glass 12."

He must have missed the season where fantasy ISIS took over Kings Landing and declared porn parodies haram... and they were only dealt with because that crazy bitch queen blew them all to hell and beyond.

Himu

« Reply #650 on: September 01, 2017, 02:01:01 PM »
Hound ask who’s protecting her and Brienne is like, yo…you don’t know the half son. Arya is a fuckin’ sociopath now bruh. Like empathy does not compute, T-1000 type shit. Half the North might be merked by the time I make it back.

:lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #651 on: September 01, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
yo

Cersei got the same face we all got when Steve Bannon says he’s part of a race with superior genes and we all like…but you can see yourself, right?

:lol
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #653 on: October 13, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »

Raist

« Reply #654 on: February 15, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »