Author Topic: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR  (Read 74566 times)

Wrath2X

E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:05:02 AM »
One week till Microsoft fails at winning back the crowd, Nintendo show games they've already revealed back in January, and Sony talks about games that are three years away from release if you're lucky.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:37:01 PM by Dosukebe »

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Re: E3 thread of there will be disappointment.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
One week till Microsoft fails at winning back the crowd, Nintendo show games they've already revealed back in January, and Sony talks about games that are three years away from release if you're lucky.

Discuss.
MS: Are you excited for new hardware with no new exclusive software to play on it? Please forget about all those games from e3 2015 that were indefinitely delayed or cancelled.

Nintendo: Here's Mario, at least! Are you excited for the software drought before the next Zelda in 5 years?

Sony: 2020 is going to be great. Pls look forward to Death Stranding* and Last of Us 2*!

*Probably on PS5

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 06:01:14 PM »
Are they doing a PC Gamer show this year or did they give up because that was a total dumpster fire two years in a row?

Tasty

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:06:48 PM »
Time will prove me right or wrong but I'm expecting a lot of 1st and 3rd party Switch announcements at the show, like E3 2006 for the Wii. :yeshrug Obviously it'll be Nintendo-tier third party support but there will still be some gems. They'll probably devote 15 minutes to fucking Skyrim or some shit though. :lol And for first-party, 3DS is on the way out and they have a unified platform for the first time since before the GameBoy. If you combine the Wii U and 3DS libraries that's one hell of a system, and that's the level of first-party support I expect the Switch to get in the next few years.

They didn't even announce much back in January, and like half of that has already been released so I'm puzzled at Wrath's comment lol. :P

If Xenoblade 2 is still actually coming out this year we should see a TON of it in action. Otherwise it's going to be delayed like everyone thought it would.

Probably more Wii U ports, but I still really want Smash and Pokemon. :mouf

Pipe dream but I really wish MH XX hit the States this year. :goty2

There's probably going to be a new Odyssey trailer and people will go ":confused this isn't Mario" but the game will come out and kick ass anyways.

Microsoft will be huge on Scorpio despite it getting dialed back seemingly from initial promises. And again, does MS even make first-party games anymore that aren't Halo? Maybe they'll be so desperate they'll resurrect Scalebound.

Sony will probably do very well. They absolutely killed it at 2015. But... Shenmue won't be at the show, and it's highly doubtful we'll see anything on FF7r and KH3 so...  :doge Dunno what else they could do to surprise people, and I'm not sure they even need to.

PSP3 maybe? :omg

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »
PSP3 maybe? :omg

Only if it is like the first PSP. EG: GTA, et. al. on the system.

If it's another Persona machine (Persona 5 Portable wouldn't be bad, but...), count me out.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 07:09:38 PM »
Only thing to look forward to is Bethesda's conference.
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 07:13:44 PM »
Are they doing a PC Gamer show this year or did they give up because that was a total dumpster fire two years in a row?
PC Gamer will host their third PC Gaming Show on June 12, 2017 at 10:00am at the Ace Hotel. The show will focus primarily on titles for personal computers. The show will be hosted by Sean Plott and sponsored by Intel, and will include presentations from Bluehole, Bohemia Interactive, Creative Assembly, Cygames, Microsoft, Nexon, Paradox Interactive, Raw Fury Games, and Tripwire Interactive

With EA and Nintendo dropping out of slots, others are hopping in:
Devolver Digital announced they will hold their first ever press conference at E3, but have not specified a time and date.

They'll never top Konami though I don't know why they keep having these conferences after that one. And the Ubisoft one where they had laser tag but worse and James Cameron explained the entire plot of Avatar.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
I've never understood the relevance of E3 after they did that downsizing thing to tents, and then tried to regain their lost momentum.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
I'm looking forward to the shitty concerts that somehow get more awkward for everyone involved each year

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 08:17:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to the shitty concerts that somehow get more awkward for everyone involved each year

Can anything possibly be more awkward than the Wii Music concert, though?
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »
[words]

Time will prove me right but I'm expecting you put more effort into that post than Nintendo did their E3 presentation.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »
L4D3 has been in active dev for years

Believe

please dont hurt my soul like this. left 4 dead 3 will come out at the same time as half-life 3
pcp

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »
[words]

Time will prove me right but I'm expecting you put more effort into that post than Nintendo did their E3 presentation.
JOKES ON YOU:
Nintendo will be hosting and live-streaming tournaments for Splatoon 2 and Arms from its show booth

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 10:40:05 PM »
[words]

JOKES ON YOU:
Nintendo will be hosting and live-streaming tournaments for Splatoon 2 and Arms from its show booth

Preview of the Nintendo show booth:

If you squint, I think you can see Twintelle winning this match.
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 12:54:36 AM »
Predictions:

Nintendo has nothing new to announce, maybe more footage of Mario.

Sony has 1 big first/second party title for the fall and everything else gets pushed back to next year.

Microsoft has Halo or Gears or um, Forza?

Konami has more pachinko.

Square Enix Eidos has more Tomb Raider and some FFXV DLC.

Bethesda has jank you don't want.

EA has sports games and Battlefield and maybe a racing game.

Ubisoft has Farcry 5 and nothing else worth talking about.

Capcom has some garbage DLC for MvCI and probably another crappy Resident Evil game.

From Software has a teaser for another piece of janky shit that everyone will convince themselves is good because it is hard but it is only hard because it is poorly programmed and badly designed.

There will be almost nothing announced for the 3DS and no mention of the PSVita, PSVR or other sub platforms.
NO

thisismyusername

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 01:02:20 AM »
Konami has more pachinko.

Metal Gear Survive. :wag :wag :wag

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:neogaf @ anyone buying that.
[close]

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »
I'd be happy if we just get more Xenoblade 2 info and a US date for DQ11. My stretch wish is Crossbell localizations now that the Trails in the Sky games have been translated.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »
[words]

I'm already disappointed with your putdowns this year. :smug

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »

Believe

please dont hurt my soul like this. left 4 dead 3 will come out at the same time as half-life 3

It'll come with a Portal 3 demo.

More like it'll be the new demo for whatever their next VR thing is since valve only seems to develop shitty hardware now

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »

Believe

It'll come with a Portal 3 demo.

:bow Orange Box 2 :bow2
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
[words]

I'm already disappointed with your putdowns this year. :smug

It's good that you're disappointed already, because then you'll be in that mindframe when Nintendo does their thing!

You will attempt to spin it like the incapable of critical thought fanthing you are no matter what it is
[close]
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »
You know what I'd like to see from Nintendo?  Release dates for all those "Nindies" announced months ago.  They haven't said anything about a number of them since then.  And where is Pocket Rumble, which was supposed to be released in March?
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
You will attempt to spin it like the incapable of critical thought fanthing you are no matter what it is

My overall point is that Wrath, bluemax, etc. think they won't show anything other than Mario and literally won't announce any new games. Just going by the odds, that's almost definitely wrong.

They're gonna announce some new games lol. That's really all I'm saying and all I'm expecting.

Tomorrow's gonna set the tone though, if the Pokemon Direct is for anything other than Stars on Switch the entire thing will already be a disappointment for me. :lol

Let's Cyber

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »
From Software has a teaser for another piece of janky shit that everyone will convince themselves is good because it is hard but it is only hard because it is poorly programmed and badly designed.
:jeanluc

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
From Software games aren't even hard
 :neogaf
zzzzz

archie4208

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »
They're hard, but fair.  :yeshrug

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 04:25:12 PM »
sony is gonna have god of war front and center and my god there is no possible way i could have less interest in that
pcp

Let's Cyber

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 04:47:03 PM »
Pretty much. The game looked great graphically but I have zero emotional investment in that petulant douchebag Kratos as a character. The gameplay better be awesome to even get my remotely interested.

Tasty

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »
I heard it's one "unbroken cut" which is a neat idea for games but otherwise it looks meh.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 05:32:12 PM »
like there's no cutaway during the story or between levels? isn't that what thousands of games already do?
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 06:05:40 PM »
like there's no cutaway during the story or between levels? isn't that what thousands of games already do?

Dunno I'm assuming it means:

- No load screens.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Seamless transitions to and from cutscenes.
- No cuts in the cutscenes.

Think Birdman.

That's pretty impressive if it's done for an entire game. Actually, since the game will be like 20(?) hours, doing an entire day in real-time 24-style could actually be cool as fuck to see.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
I heard it's one "unbroken cut" which is a neat idea for games but otherwise it looks meh.

We're recycling MGS5 rumors now ?
The whole notion of "no cut" for a game is pretty dumb.
ὕβρις

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »
Tons of 4chan rumors not rooted in reality and miles better than what we're going to get floating around.

It's almost that wonderful time of hate and despair. I'm so ready.

post some pls

Nintendo 4chan vg rumors have often times been true
püp

Tasty

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 09:08:32 PM »
Tons of 4chan rumors not rooted in reality and miles better than what we're going to get floating around.

post some pls

I hope the MH one isn't true, not cause I'm that much of a platform warrior (traditional MH5 for PS4 and Switch would be great), but the 4chan rumor about MH5 being a babby casual game and the Switch "spinoff" being more traditional and developed by the real MH devs sounds like a horrid direction for the series as a whole.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 09:09:26 PM »

post some pls

I hope the MH one isn't true, not cause I'm that much of a platform warrior (traditional MH5 for PS4 and Switch would be great), but the 4chan rumor about MH5 being a babby casual game and the Switch "spinoff" being more traditional and developed by the real MH devs sounds like a horrid direction for the series as a whole.

Any links?

Also I'm fairly sure that Starfield thing is legit
püp

Tasty

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »
Any links?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381389

Source is vaguely credible, like they all pretend to be. Leaked MHXX for 3DS day before it was announced, when nobody thought MHX would get a new/G version.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
meh monster hunter sucks anyway
püp

Tasty

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 09:57:24 PM »
Any links?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381389

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Source is vaguely credible, like they all pretend to be. Leaked MHXX for 3DS day before it was announced, when nobody thought MHX would get a new/G version.

pls stop posting e3 spoilers, omg
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 11:15:32 PM »
If I have one nonsensical request(since most if not all hinted/rumored/whatever games I want I think are too far fetched), it would be Doom 2(5?) announced.

Doesn't have to be this year, just show me that shit.

whatever id's next game is, it's a year or two away at minimum. doom's barely a year old. fingers crossed for a nice big standalone single player expansion tho.
pcp

bluemax

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »
I feel like some Doom DLC is probably a solid expectation but I'm basing that off nothing but my gut.

Apparently Bethesda is hiring for a AAA Freemium game, so maybe they're trying to get into the MoBA/Character shooter market (although they already have Quake champions...).
NO

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 12:56:15 AM »
If I have one nonsensical request(since most if not all hinted/rumored/whatever games I want I think are too far fetched), it would be Doom 2(5?) announced.

Doesn't have to be this year, just show me that shit.

whatever id's next game is, it's a year or two away at minimum. doom's barely a year old. fingers crossed for a nice big standalone single player expansion tho.

id's next game is Quake Champions.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 01:45:53 AM »

My overall point is that Wrath, bluemax, etc. think they won't show anything other than Mario and literally won't announce any new games. Just going by the odds, that's almost definitely wrong.

I never said they'll only show Mario, I said they announced all their games for the year back in January I.E. Mario, ARMS, Splatoon 2, etc.

Read the rest of my post. They're going to announce new games.

We might even get one tomorrow, in fact!

Now, how many of those will be ports or straight-up 3DS games is anyone's guess.
[close]

Nintendo routinely surprise-announces things only a few months in advance, unlike other publishers. They've been doing this since the Wii.

Tasty

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 10:09:45 AM »
Majorly cuckolded just now by Game Freak. :rejoice

Fully expecting this E3 to be a shit show now. :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »
So... what the fuck is "Ultra" Sun and Moon
fat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »
So... what the fuck is "Ultra" Sun and Moon

another best seller, just not on switch lol
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:37 AM »
Ok virgin, but what is it? Any details on what it adds? I never bought the first version.
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2017, 10:25:53 AM »
Can't wait to see what Vita games are announced.
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »
Ok virgin, but what is it? Any details on what it adds? I never bought the first version.

bitch you think I watched this stupid direct
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »
Yes? Stupid bitch
fat

Tasty

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 10:47:35 AM »
They didn't announce what's different other than some legendaries having stupid crystals on their faces and it being an "alternate" story to Sun/Moon with different Pokemon in the main quest.

Might be the first mainline games I don't buy.

thisismyusername

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
meh monster hunter sucks anyway

:preach

Read the rest of my post. They're going to announce new games.

Majorly cuckolded just now by Game Freak. :rejoice

Fully expecting this E3 to be a shit show now. :lol

:nsfw

[close]

:girlaff  :crowdlaff :success :drake :aweshum :sabu :neogaf

Always bet against, Nintendo, Andy. After 20 years of Fantardism, you'd think you'd know better by now.

Tasty

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
I still find the statement "Nintendo won't announce a single new game during E3" preposterous, though. That hasn't changed.

And Pokken DX, UltraSun and UltraMoon technically are new games. :smug So there!

thisismyusername

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »
You're moving goal posts if you count those as "new games" and not "enhanced editions." By that token, I could say something like "PC got the Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition this year! TRULY GETTING NEW TITLES!"

I still find the statement "Nintendo won't announce a single new game during E3" preposterous, though.

Their entire MO since they pulled out of E3 has been to not announce new titles or if they do they're so very far away they might as well not have bothered.

Nintendo is going to do another drought for their new console instead of trying to put effort in, book it Dano. Because you know their operations after 4 cycles now.

Tasty

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »
Their entire MO since they pulled out of E3 has been to not announce new titles or if they do they're so very far away they might as well not have bothered.

:confused

This is like the opposite of what happened. I know gamers have the attention span of a fly, but even last year despite saying they were dedicating the entire thing to Zelda they still announced some new things.

E3 2016 new game announcements:
- Mario Party Star Rush
- Ever Oasis

E3 2015 new game announcements:
- The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam

E3 2014 new game announcements:
- Hyrule Warriors
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Star Fox Zero
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- Super Mario Maker
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Splatoon
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

E3 2013 new game announcements:
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS
- New Super Luigi U
- The Wonderful 101
- Wii Party U

Probably some other stuff I forgot. And "very far away?" The vast majority of the games above came out within a year of their announcement. The only outlier is Zelda. Goddamn you have a terrible memory. :lol And/or a huge revisionist history bent.

Since they haven't said this year is dedicated to a single game I'm going to assume it'll be like 2013-2015.

As for moving goal posts, all I've been arguing against is the notion of the lack of new game announcements since the start of the thread:

They're gonna announce some new games lol. That's really all I'm saying and all I'm expecting.

Whether the games look exciting or not isn't what I was talking about.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 11:44:48 AM »
no pokemon on switch? Jesus fucking Christ nintendo

iwasrootingforyou.gif
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
no pokemon on switch? Jesus fucking Christ nintendo

iwasrootingforyou.gif

GameBoy: 1989                   Pokemon Red/Green: 1996
GameBoy Color: 1998          Pokemon Gold/Silver (GB-compatible): 1999, Pokemon Crystal (GBC-only): 2000
GameBoy Advance: 2001     Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire: 2002
Nintendo DS: 2004              Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: 2006
Nintendo 3DS: 2011            Pokemon X/Y: 2013
Nintendo Switch: 2017        Pokemon Raspberry/Blueberry: 2019?

Bonus:

Nintendo 3DS: 2011           Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (DS-only): 2012

Nothing new. :yeshrug

Wouldn't have stung so bad if Eurogamer didn't shoot their mouths off.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 11:57:03 AM »
man i know the series is handheld only :/ but why stick with a dying system when you could make a new one that adds in some bullshit from pokemon go and generates more-than-average hype and sales?
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
For the record I doubt Brandknew can even come close to the amount of ninthingery I've displayed on this page alone.

:nintendo