Author Topic: Your Top 10 Favorite Video Games of All Time: A GameFAQs Thread  (Read 19529 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Video Games of All Time: A GameFAQs Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2017, 11:03:23 AM »
On the upside, Molyneux's only credit on that is for "Moral Support" :lol

He did do Theme Park though. But he was working on the Magic Carpet games (which lets be honest is really one game and an expansion pack) rather than Hospital.

I think people often forget that Bullfrog and Origin and stuff used to be multiteam development houses before EA crushed them to death. Hell, EA itself used to be that way. Them giving out their back catalog on Origin for free and putting that one mega pack in the one GOG sale where you got all their 80s and early 90s DOS stuff for like $8 has only reminded me how far they fell into the franchise assembly line hole around the end of the PS1 era and debut of The Sims. (Ultima excluded :lol)

There's an open-source semi-update available that plays nicer with modern resolutions and file saving and such: http://corsixth.com/

Apparently EA's given away Theme Hospital on Origin three times in the last two years, so...keep an eye out I suppose. GOG puts it up for like $2 ever so often too. (For anyone interested, not necessarily you two.)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »
Speaking of things I have a ton of keys for...Cook, Serve, Delicious! Apparently been in ten plus bundles.

The sequel is releasing soon! http://store.steampowered.com/app/386620/Cook_Serve_Delicious_2/

I feel like I'm going to, like the first game, wind up buying this at launch just because I've talked to the guy on GAF more than a desire to actually play it immediately. :lol
  I'd jump straight to the second one if you want to try it out, it looks like there's going to be a lot more content and they even revamped a lot of how progression was handled, which is the only problem I ever had with the game.

I didn't even know Chubigans when I first played through it, I just got it on a Steam Sale (back when they were worthwhile and actually featured non-Early Access niche gems on their front page :lol :'( ). If you don't buy the spam email filter there's some spam emails referencing old BOMBA threads.

Also if any of y'all decide to play it, try using the keyboard, it's a lot more fun trying to remember the key quirks for each different recipe than it is to just use a controller.

Steam controller is the only way to play Cook, Serve, Delicious. IMO. I didn't play it (bought it because GAF) before that update, but playing it with the Steam Controller is second nature once you learn the quirks.

My only problem with the game is it gets SUPER hectic and you don't get the "hectic downgrade" update for a long while, so you're into a nervous panic with the "100% correct orders" bets and the like.

benjipwns

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
Blendo kicks ass, you play Quadrilateral Cowboy?
I have it, have not, really really should, it's only 5-6 hours or so. I admit being slightly turned off by its larger scope compared to most of his other works.

I'm really glad Thirty Flights of Loving came with Gravity Bone. Really liked the new game, but more people needed to play the latter and with all the sites hyping TFoL like RPS, PC Gamer, and such it hopefully got more people playing it than did the free version. Just epic pacing leading up to that ending. :lawd

My favorite part of TFoL is probably the smash cut intro. (And the montage shots of each characters "skills.")

edit: lol, Thirty Flights has pretty bad steam reviews, and PRETENTIOUS or hipster is used in nearly every one,
piece of♥♥♥♥♥♥that made me♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥off back when there was no ratings and stupid steam moderators would say that critics are better than players, what a ♥♥♥♥-1oad of bu11-s4it like these developers are

This is quite possibly the worst excuse for a game I have ever encountered. The game consists of about 10 different rooms, each taking about a minute to get through and suddenly out of nowhere you're hit with a The End sign and a bunch of walkthrough credits with comments about the great decisions they made and how they decided on them. These great decisions are along the lines of weird random jump cuts that change the entire scenario for no reason. There's also a room with displays of a bunch the game models and animated GIF video timelapses of screenshots of their creation. How impressive is that?

Also, there's a scene at a wedding where the characters randomly start rising up towards the ceiling. The developer notes say this was a bug, that they left in because it was so much better. Um, excuse me. This just proves how little effort they put into the game. Find a bug? Fix it? Nah. Let's just say it makes the game better. The game is practically on rails. I played it twice and nothing I did changed anything in the game beyond the room I was in.

I recommend buying it if you want to see possibly the worst game ever. It cost £4 and for some reason has a very high metascore of 88. I have also heard real game reviewers saying it's a brilliant game. I'm not really sure what's going there, but it's clearly something shifty that needs to be looked at.
Let's say you find this game on Steam for a dollar, and you're thinkin', "Hey, this seems kind of neat. Those reviews make it look interesting, too." Even at one dollar, this game is still a wretched mess of pretentious insignificance. The gameplay is horrid, the unique visuals tire very quickly, and there's no enjoyment to be had out of this.
The rating via metacritics was probably based on the opinion of the developer's mother and spouse for f*ck sake. It's just a load of kiss ♥♥♥ crap.

It's shorter than a midget's as$hole.If you blow it through it's less than 10 minutes.I had to play this twice just to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong or avoiding anything crucial.And then I played once more with additional commentary - it made me even more of a unsatisfied towards the entire game from how carelessly thrown together it seems to be based on how the comments were written. I literally kept thinking in my head 'This has to be a f*cking joke' once I saw "The End" and game related credits in the muesem full of generated people in bundles of three that only consist of three different character models spammed throughout the entire location and some things regarding airplanes. Because yeah- gotta add some flying related thing for the sake of adding depth to the title "Thirty Flights of Loving" other than you having a romance for some b*tch that almost killed your best man.

Basically the game is literally contsructed based on mistake after mistake, yes sometimes imperfections add charm, but in this case it just seems like they were simply too lazy to bother fixing the issue and they decided to cover it up thoughtlessly. It was just like "Oh ..sh!t the crowd generator is causing peope to float in the wedding scene!?! That's alright! Let's just add some blurry effects while the player drink off the bottles while everyone else is dancing- and make the player assume they're so drunk that they can no longer correlate reality from alcoholic delusions!Why?Because it's ARTSY and adds a NARRATIVE touch in the game!!!"
My worst gaming experience ever if this can indeed be called a gaming experience. I hardly doubt. The Critic Reviews on Metacritic must be paid, because no one normal can give this s*** 80% above. This is really sad, because it destroys the whole purpose of scoring. Fortunately, the makers cannot bribe us gamers, so the User Score represents the real score.

Anyone wishing to get headache or masochists should buy this, because those fast flashing scenes will really cause you headache. My recommendation for all others, save your money and do not support creators of this "piece of software".
pretentious wank for indiebum artgame wannabe tryhards
why are so many indie devs terrible
please just make better games
yes yes delicious hatred :rejoice

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
On the upside, Molyneux's only credit on that is for "Moral Support" :lol

He did do Theme Park though. But he was working on the Magic Carpet games (which lets be honest is really one game and an expansion pack) rather than Hospital.

I think people often forget that Bullfrog and Origin and stuff used to be multiteam development houses before EA crushed them to death. Hell, EA itself used to be that way. Them giving out their back catalog on Origin for free and putting that one mega pack in the one GOG sale where you got all their 80s and early 90s DOS stuff for like $8 has only reminded me how far they fell into the franchise assembly line hole around the end of the PS1 era and debut of The Sims. (Ultima excluded :lol)

There's an open-source semi-update available that plays nicer with modern resolutions and file saving and such: http://corsixth.com/

Apparently EA's given away Theme Hospital on Origin three times in the last two years, so...keep an eye out I suppose. GOG puts it up for like $2 ever so often too. (For anyone interested, not necessarily you two.)

Yep he was just always one of the most outspoken people from Bullfrog. "His" games were also good, but as he surrounded himself with less and less people that dared to go against his opinions and design choices, the game became worse. Visited Lionhead a few times when I was younger, one of the times with Molyneux showing me and a few others around. This was right around the time they had been bought by MS, and he had this lady run after him, telling him all the things he couldn't show or things he couldn't tell us, which he happily did anyway right in front of her, and with a smug smile on towards her. Yet, while you can feel the cuntyness pouring out of him, he got a weird charm that you can't help but like.

Everyone at some point breaks off him though, and leaves as he is just too much of a cunt to work with. Even his most loyal co-workers, which is why he is making whatever crap he is today, with the usual straight out of school developers, crunching years for little salary.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »
Silent Hill 2. The best horror game of all time, and I doubt it will ever be beaten.

:thinking

In no particular order.

Silent Hill 2
The GOAT Survival Horror game. I don't think it will ever be topped. And Fuckonami.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2017, 01:08:04 PM »
It's a fact, so no surprise we wrote such identical posts.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2017, 11:32:32 PM »
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Metal Gear Solid 2
4. Final Fantasy XII
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Zone of the Enders 2
7. Vanquish
8. Grand Theft Auto 3
9. Battlefield 3/4
10. Persona 5

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2017, 11:44:30 PM »
What I would do was fill up my menu with cheap/easy menu items as I learned a recipe or two. Salad, chicken, steak, and some other dishes have good bonuses and are pretty to execute while you slot in other stuff, so you don't get too many complex orders at once.

Yeah, before I quit (I don't think I even hit 2 star) that was what I was doing: rotating out simple items to prevent menu rot while throwing in a semi-complex one for one day or so to replace them. :lol

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Metal Gear Solid 2

2. Final Fantasy X
4. Final Fantasy XII
Sorry Rahx, you have to pick one! One game per franchise.  :wag The rules are srs bsns. :-*

I guess you can combine them into one slot if you like since a few other people have done that but you need to include two more games on your list.  :bolo

Let's Cyber

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2017, 08:35:28 AM »
Also this thread has convinced me I should have put Silent Hill 3 (slight edge over 2 for me) somewhere on my list but I'm not really sure what I'd take off.

Team Silent  :lawd :salute

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Metal Gear Solid 2
4. Final Fantasy XII
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Zone of the Enders 2
7. Vanquish
8. Grand Theft Auto 3
9. Battlefield 3/4
10. Persona 5
This list isn't half as bad as I expected it to be.  :larry
que

Tasty

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Metal Gear Solid 2
4. Final Fantasy XII
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Zone of the Enders 2
7. Vanquish
8. Grand Theft Auto 3
9. Battlefield 3/4
10. Persona 5
This list isn't half as bad as I expected it to be.  :larry

TBH it's pretty close to what I would have guessed it being. Which is fine! My list was probably mostly easy to guess, lol.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »
Also this thread has convinced me I should have put Silent Hill 3 (slight edge over 2 for me) somewhere on my list but I'm not really sure what I'd take off.

Team Silent  :lawd :salute

Silent Hill 3 is a fantastic game as well, but the way SH2 shocked me the first time around... Jesus, that is what makes it win over SH3 for me. They had dropped hints at it, and you started getting the feeling something more was up, but I still hadnt quite seen it coming. Also I think the creature design is a step above SH3, especially abstract daddy and the room you fight him in, is the most disturbing shit ever.

Himu

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2017, 08:34:04 PM »
SH3 creature design is too obvious and in your face. It's not subtle to catch the monsters symbolistic significance of the characters ego.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2017, 03:04:07 AM »
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Metal Gear Solid 2

2. Final Fantasy X
4. Final Fantasy XII
Sorry Rahx, you have to pick one! One game per franchise.  :wag The rules are srs bsns. :-*

I guess you can combine them into one slot if you like since a few other people have done that but you need to include two more games on your list.  :bolo

Sure, it's just the problem is after these games it's like well I love a lot of games equally that ranking them above each other seems incorrect.

1. Metal Gear Solid 3-I love for 2 for all of it's ridiculousness and the fact that it was probably the first game that made teenager me think "games can be art". I still love it, but some of that luster has waned as I well became not a dumb teenager. 3 on the other hand has aged far better as the complete package.

2. Final Fantasy X is the first FF I played and really set my gaming path as a JRPG person. It also really spoke to me as a teen thanks to Yuna and Tidus' development. So it's always going to have a special place in my heart even as I get older and less susceptible to it's angst.

3. Resident Evil 4-I mean it's just an amazing action game and no other game really gets me tensed like RE4. I also don't think I know a game's complete mechanics as I do RE4.

4. Zone of the Enders 2-I just think the astehtics, presentation, art, style, graphics, music, and whatever is so cool. The gameplay be simple, but man is it super cool looking and fun to zero shift around and fight the just as awesome rule of cool looking bossess.

5. Vanquish-I mean the same quailtes of ZoE2, but it's a really amazing game to play and you feel super skillful as you play gracefully in the seemingly chaotic battlefield.

6. Grand Theft Auto 3-Again the first GTA I played, but I got really lost in Liberty City and remember it till this day.

7. Battlefield 4-I guess I'll chose 4 because it had better maps than 3, but in general I spent hours in these games and are kind of the only things really doing what I want from online FPS. Big epic battles.

8. Persona 5-I think I like this more then 3 and 4 because of the aesthetics, sense of style, and setting. To me the game really is a total capstone of those games from the story, themes, and gameplay. I feel like it's total conclusion of the style of these Persona games.

9. Max Payne 2-Honestly, kind of a perfect TPS.

10. Modern Warfare 2-Hey I love these cinematic FPS and well I think MW2 is the perfect mix of trashy and over the top and grounded and serious CoD single player. I've replayed this a lot.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2017, 11:25:54 AM »
Silent Hill as a series saddens me.  I loved Silent Hill 1-3, and then along came The Room and it was all downhill from there.  :-\
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about. There's only 3 SH games.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »
I'm willing to give the Room a bit of a pass because they at least tried to do some new stuff and introduce new concepts. I would have preferred a SH4 closer to SH3 but hindsight and all that.

The biggest shame is that it ended up being the last Team Silent game and Konami shifted Silent Hill development to western studios.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2017, 01:09:53 PM »
yeah that's exactly what happened. I mean i think that was the least of its problems bc my god almost every aspect of the gameplay was complete shit. nice graphics tho.
pcp

Let's Cyber

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
Not from my understanding. In pre-production they weren't really sure how it would fit within the Silent Hill universe yet (if at all) and approached it as more of a side story, hence a lot of the different concepts we hadn't seen other SH games.  Early in development it became Silent Hill 4. I have no idea if it was rushed out the door or not.

The idea that it was a totally new IP transformed into SH4 midway through development is more of a community fan-fiction that grew out of a small grain of truth.

Raist

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
I hope Kojima trolls the fuck out of Konami and releases a Silent Hill with a similar title, whenever he's done with whatever the fuck DS is.

So around 2032 then.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
Rygar (NES, 1987)
Loved this game as a kid, and I still think it's pretty cool as an adult. It's not a difficult game, but at the time I spent months pouring over it's nooks and crannies before I finally figured out how to beat it. Then I played it a bunch more, just because. I remember discovering a lot of fun bugs too, like finding places were you could go out of bounds and enter strange minus realms.

Rocket Knight Adventures (GEN, 1993)
This was another side-scrolling platformer that I loved and played repeatedly. I got my Genesis out and replayed it about a month ago, and it still holds up great.

Sam & Max Hit the Road (PC, 1993)
I got a CD-ROM drive and Soundblaster 16 for my Packard Bell 486 PC for Christmas 1994, and discovered a trailer for this game on a 1000-in-1 CD-ROM that my parents got me. It blew my mind, I thought it was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. I picked it up at the local mall in a PC game store (I can't even believe that such a thing existed, here the year 2017 :lol ) along with Day of the Tentacle because I was a big Maniac Mansion fan, and I enjoyed both games immensely but I really loved Sam & Max. I wasn't familiar with the Steve Purcell comics at the time, but I have sense read them, and watched the Fox SatAM cartoon (it's actually surprisingly faithful to the material), and played the Telltale series. The original game remains god-tier.

Final Fantasy VII (PSX, 1997)
Is this the game that turned me into a JRPG weeaboo? Maybe. I loved Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy on the NES, but for most of the early-mid 90's, I was only gaming on the PC, so I missed all the big SNES JRPGs. One of the local gaming stores had a LAN area where you went to play original-ass Team Fortress for Quake, and they had some PSOnes and N64s for Goldeneye or Tekken or whatever, and they also had a copy of FF7 for some reason and I played it and I was like "holy shit, I need a Playstation right now". I played like 20-30 other RPGs for the PSOne, and basically every one I was just chasing the rush of that first taste of FF7. Maybe I still am.
:uguu

Silent Hill 2 (PS2, 2001)
I'm a pussy when it comes to horror games, so a horror game has to be extremely compelling for me to beat it. I beat Silent Hill 1 & 2 and loved every minute. Silent Hill 1 was pretty janky, but I could forgive it's flaws because it was so good in other ways. Silent Hill 2 was just better in every way. I was totally locked in on this game for about a week. I would play it for a little bit, get scared and turn it off. Turn it back on about 30 minutes later.  :omg

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC, 2001)
Best multiplayer game ever. "You guys wanna come up and play Smash?", said everyone, all the time.
:lawd

Half-Life 2 (PC, 2004)
Just the best single-player FPS experience ever, and if HL3 never comes out, I ain't even mad. If we can count Orange Box as a single game, it would be the best game ever. Hail Gaben.

The Binding of Isaac (PC, 2011)
I don't even care for the scatological aesthetics, but I still think this game is wonderful. Peak indie.

Skyrim (PC, 2011)
This is really more of just a blanket pick of all of Bethesda's first-person RPGs, but Skyrim is probably my favorite. It's a tough pick, though. Oblivion has extremely robust mod support which makes it fun to tinker around with, I like the post-apocalyptic settings of Fallout 3 & 4, but Skyrim man, that was just the good shit right there, right there, sign me up for some more of that shit.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita, 2012)
Just a good-ass JRPG.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »
 :expert
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2017, 01:40:24 PM »
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Evermore
Kingdom Hearts 2
Lester The Unlikely
Young Merlin
Monster Party
Shadow Hearts
Beyond Good & Evil
Freedom Fighters
Final Fantasy 2/4
fat

Tasty

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Evermore
Kingdom Hearts 2
Lester The Unlikely
Young Merlin
Monster Party
Shadow Hearts
Beyond Good & Evil
Freedom Fighters
Final Fantasy 2/4

Literally not a single game I've played, lol.

Edit- Wait Lester the Unlikely? Not sure if troll.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »
Why a troll. I think its a unique game.
fat

Raist

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

Literally not a single game I've played, lol.

:trigger

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »
monster Party rules. that kid was humping the shit out of the ground
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »
Why a troll. I think its a unique game.

...top 10 though??

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2017, 01:59:59 PM »
Yes of course. I could put anything else there if you want, I'll put Lester at #11
fat

Tasty

« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »
Yes of course. I could put anything else there if you want, I'll put Lester at #11

What about Xenoblade?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »
tfw I've seen games mentioned here after my post that I should've put on my list.

:fbm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »

What about Xenoblade?

I can't realistically come up with a "top 10" without leaving games out. Nobody can unless you're a nintard in the prayer closet

I would rather pick games that nobody has, Silent Hill is a given, Zelda is a given, etc etc
fat

Tasty

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
Oh then you should have said so lol. I could also make a "top 10 games most people wouldn't put on a top 10" list if I wanted. Not really the thread though.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »
Not from my understanding. In pre-production they weren't really sure how it would fit within the Silent Hill universe yet (if at all) and approached it as more of a side story, hence a lot of the different concepts we hadn't seen other SH games.  Early in development it became Silent Hill 4. I have no idea if it was rushed out the door or not.

The idea that it was a totally new IP transformed into SH4 midway through development is more of a community fan-fiction that grew out of a small grain of truth.

This is true. Was always supposed to be in the silent hill universe, even if not a direct sequel.

So while it's true it wasn't supposed to be a Silent Hill 4, it's also true that it was always made with Silent Hill in mind, and not just a new horror game from Team Silent with the Silent Hill name slapped onto it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2017, 02:09:29 PM »
These are the games I spit out when people ask me that question though
fat

Tasty

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »
These are the games I spit out when people ask me that question though

Whatever, hipster. ;)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »
My taste in men and videogames is unmatched, I am the meta
fat

Tasty

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »

This is true. Was always supposed to be in the silent hill universe, even if not a direct sequel.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

So while it's true it wasn't supposed to be a Silent Hill 4, it's also true that it was always made with Silent Hill in mind, and not just a new horror game from Team Silent with the Silent Hill name slapped onto it.

This reminds me that I heard somewhere that SH3 wasn't really supposed to be SH (or a numbered one, anyways) and also go shifted to the main series somewhere in development.

Probably early considering Heather's story and all that.

benjipwns

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »
doing two Kane and Lynch games instead of ever making a Freedom Fighters sequel was a mistake :ufup

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Evermore
Kingdom Hearts 2
Lester The Unlikely
Young Merlin
Monster Party
Shadow Hearts
Beyond Good & Evil
Freedom Fighters
Final Fantasy 2/4
not sure.....
que

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2017, 12:03:57 AM »
Maybe you should play em, cunt
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2017, 01:06:58 AM »
Nah the disney shit in KH2 was so much worse than in the first game. I remember feeling like they were boring and endless.

benjipwns

« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2017, 01:28:13 AM »
fifteen games only the bore would truly know how to love with you (fifteen cuz people already listed five of em)

blast corps
super doge ball advance
nba street vol 2
day of defeat source
lego star wars: the complete saga
prince of persia (2008)
battlefield: bad company 2
mario & luigi: superstar saga
intelligent cube
theme hospital
freedom force
freedom fighters
oddworld strangers wrath
the saboteur
cook, serve, delicious!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
ya i saw the typo, but  :doge
[close]

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2017, 02:58:24 AM »
I've think that's the problem. Some of those I get but secret of evermore and the original shadow hearts is throwing me off
que

archnemesis

« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2017, 03:07:27 AM »
The original Shadow Hearts is better than its more popular sequel. I prefer Koudelka myself.

Himu

« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2017, 03:26:24 AM »
I've think that's the problem. Some of those I get but secret of evermore and the original shadow hearts is throwing me off

1 > 2
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2017, 07:28:51 AM »
illusion of Gaia sucks tho no excuses demi
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2017, 07:50:51 AM »
Switch Gaia with Robotrek then if it bugs you
fat

Raist

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »
I don't get either how anyone can prefer Evermore over Mana, but whatever I guess :yeshrug

benjipwns

« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2017, 09:01:46 AM »
I always thought Evermore was a bit misnamed even though it lifts some gameplay aspects from Mana, it's not part of the same franchise so they're just both action-rpgs. It has a very different vibe and mystery focus. And all the different stuff your dog picks up that you can use for alchemy or is currency in one of the timelines or whatever.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2017, 10:12:47 AM »
I don't get either how anyone can prefer Evermore over Mana, but whatever I guess :yeshrug

Evermore's world and characers are more interesting and relates much better to me as a player (boy teleported into a strange land with his dog, discovering adventures)

Plus music by Jeremy Soule

fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:36 AM »
Nah the disney shit in KH2 was so much worse than in the first game. I remember feeling like they were boring and endless.

Some of it, but when the Kingdom Hearts kicked in, it shit all over KH1 and not to mention the gameplay improvements and fluid gameplay. Amazing
fat

Raist

« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »
Evermore felt like "we can't be arsed to make a proper sequel so let's just make SD2 have a babbie with CT" to me :yeshrug

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »
They did make a "proper sequel" which is worse than Mana

Face facts, Evermore is legit
fat

Raist

« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2017, 10:48:14 AM »
Yeah well I knew that eventually. Gaming news from Japan wasn't exactly a big thing in mid-90s yurop :p

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2017, 11:28:55 AM »
demi, could you please pick approved games from a list that's been verified by people born in the mid-90's, thx?
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »
demi, could you please pick approved games from a list that's been verified by people born in the mid-90's, thx?

The true tastemakers :rejoice

Raist

« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2017, 12:24:01 PM »
C'mon, no one here was born in the mid-90s, right?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2017, 02:16:16 AM »
  • Red Dead Redemption - Sceneman and I used to ride out and regulate on the regular. A fantastic game which proved Rockstar could still put out a relevant OWG after the oscar-worthy-writing-bullshit fiasco of GTA IV
  • GTA III - defined a new genre
  • Zork II - cut my teeth on this on the Apple ][, opened my mind to transportative, interactive experiences, I learned to type so I could play this game better
  • Klonoa - my first 2.5D platformer; simple but challenging platform mechanic
  • Saints Row 2 — While 3 was awesome, 2 had the balls to really up the previous game's theme, modify the environment, improve existing gameplay without losing the atmostphere
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Infocom) - humor and a sense of place in the novel's universe - glorious
  • Lode Runner - another Apple ][ experience which blew my mind; I did a fanfic comic of it before I knew what fanfic was
  • Crackdown - fuck the sequel, this game was a consistent, well-implemented, drop-in drop-out co-op, modern take on the platformer, rendered as an OWG, as a launch window title on 360 — amazeballs
  • Rock Band 2 - Fixed the broken shit from RB1, fantastic tracklist, featured improvement across the board, best local multiplay experiences I've ever had
  • BULLY - a remarkable clinic by a minor studio for its big-brother on how to adapt the OWG to a setting with minimal violence, integrated storytelling, organic playable area growth, and improved everything over its predecessors