Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2255662 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Spent 20£ on translucent Joy-Con shells and fabric dye to colour them

Ended up melting them in a saucepan
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
I built a submarine then murdered a reporter, lol. Guess i wont need the money were im going.
the fuck, dude?
yeah is that post serious? did he just admit he commited murder?

That thread is something else.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
guy is so going to get banned for his tasteless joke

speaking of tasteless, it took until #59 for the $30 italian meal

benjipwns

Lent £100 to a colleague to "go see his daughter". He never came back to work and I never heard from him again. Learned my lesson as a naive teenager.
so now there's two missing people this guy is connected to

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
It's just...it really seems like the majority of Gaffers can't comprehend that Democrat/progressive boosters can also be shitty people, and therefore are extra shocked and offended when something comes out about them, despite years of evidence and talk beforehand.

Gaffers and people like gaffers dumbassedly conflate things they like with things that are good.
I feel like deep down most of them are real assholes and the feigned shock is just a mechanism to deflect the possibility of people looking into their own asshole behavior. Much like how the Amir0x situation played out.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
 :nsfw http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/11/ufc-paige-vanzant-topless-drained-weight-cutting/ :nsfw  (no nudity but can never be too safe)

I approve of the use of Weinstein in this context  :playa :ahnuld2
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:49:21 AM by Momo »

venereology

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251788808&postcount=162

I agree. Nobody on here would get banned for pointing out someone's past sexual harassment.

:dead

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
 :omg
Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
He better not touch Gal Godot on set during JL filming

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251759177

:badass
ὕβρις

....do they...do they know that Gal isn't actually Dianna, Warrior Princess of Themyscira?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

But she'd probably deserve it no? Being an israelite nazi and all. Starting to lose track now :yeshrug

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Over/under on GAF/Woke Twitter turning on the men recounting their harassment experiences for trying to silence women by making it about them?

Someone will, odds are high. Now I am curious if it'll be a unpopular and bannable opinion on GAF or not.

*edit*

oh...

https://twitter.com/RoxanLees/status/918211280355446785
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:07:33 PM by stufte »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
dumb biaaaaaaaaatch

FStop7

That is some dumb shit. 

VomKriege

• Do the moron

But she'd probably deserve it no? Being an israelite nazi and all. Starting to lose track now :yeshrug

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, unless you're the inquisitor doing the damning.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

I like how he's using the present tense, when they finished shooting most of that movie like over a year ago.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I like how he's using the present tense, when they finished shooting most of that movie like over a year ago.

JL1 is, but what about JL2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and JLX?
©@©™

benjipwns

Before you guys go on a Hollywood witch hunt, how about taking care of the president of USA? The outrage seems kinda ironic when so many americans knowningly elected a sexual predator...
I'm talking mostly in general and not slinging out specific people here, but seeing this make the big news and being talked about so much just because it concerns Hollywood stars... I mean yeah the guy was a man of power, but compared to the fucking president of the United States?

And when it comes these Affleck affairs seems people knew since it's on tape, just like Trump famous "grab them by the pussy". Hollywood apparently knew too about Weinstein. They are just speaking up now that the affair came out of the woodworks.
I'm not so sure, I mean I may sound like a broken record but in a world where a guy like Trump can ascend to President of the USA, anything else is possible.
You think people will massively boycott Justice League because of the Affleck story?

The groping was caught on tape in 2003 and no one gave a fuck about it, just resurfaced cause he decided to get all righteous on twitter.
On sure thing it does with internet nowadays though is put this story on top of the page for everyone to see when you google "Ben Affleck".
I'm not victim blaming, people shit on Affleck for his twitter post and being complicit of the act, in my mind all people who knew about it before and didn't speak up are one the same.

i don't think this guy gets it

benjipwns

JL1 is, but what about JL2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and JLX?
come on, this whole "Justice League" thing isn't going to last like the Scarface Digital Universe

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
The Obama cult kinda sickens me tbh, I associate him with droning the browns more than any other US figure.

Takuan

Has the bantrum thread been wiped from the face of the earth yet?

Also, I have to mention how much I love this avatar:

High comedy.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
"Droning the browns"

The Obama cult kinda sickens me tbh, I associate him with droning the browns more than any other US figure.

It's interesting to see people fault Obama specifically for drone strikes like every president hasn't been bombing the living shit out of [NAME OF COUNTRY/ETHNICITY/RACE] since forever. But Obama catches the flack because the level of military technology rose during his presidency to disallow any potential for American causalities in this exchange.

What is it about drones, exactly, that make this a more heinous crime in your eyes than Bush, Clinton, Bush again et al., dropping the same exact munitions on countries from a Lancer or B-52?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
"Droning the browns"
intentional of course

It's interesting to see people fault Obama specifically for drone strikes like every president hasn't been bombing the living shit out of [NAME OF COUNTRY/ETHNICITY/RACE] since forever. But Obama catches the flack because the level of military technology rose during his presidency to disallow any potential for American causalities in this exchange.

What is it about drones, exactly, that make this a more heinous crime in your eyes than Bush, Clinton, Bush again et al., dropping the same exact munitions on countries from a Lancer or B-52?
Mostly because all the sleazeball shit came out under the Obama presidency, how they classify 'combatants' the escalation in the number of casualties being droned under the guise of some fucktarded war on 'terrorism' Bush started. I havent looked into this nor care to, but i've never heard of a military op casually B-52ing a wedding party. Tangentially the way he reacted to Snowden also annoyed me.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
The vagueness of the legal framework with drone use is an issue and the nature of the device do heighten it. Of course you can argue bombings or covert action weren't always conducted on the most legal and transparent basis either I guess.
ὕβρις

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
You won't believe who showed up to the Oculus Connect 4 event.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446953

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks for the photo reminders. I had the rift in my amazon cart with the new price....figured hey why not. Between my dislike for Facebook, Carmack who has weird political views himself and palmer...I will wait for vive or someone else to come up with something. Man I would have been pissed at myself for forgetting.
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Thanks for the photo reminders. I had the rift in my amazon cart with the new price....figured hey why not. Between my dislike for Facebook, Carmack who has weird political views himself and palmer...I will wait for vive or someone else to come up with something. Man I would have been pissed at myself for forgetting.
[close]
I bet you some or all of the following is true
a) That's a made up story and he never had any intention of buying a rift. much less did he gamestop magazine rack his amazon cart he claims had a rift in it
b) He's never buying a vive
c) He's buying an oculus anyway because he cant care about the shit he's talking beyond getting some high fives from his fellow neojiff sociopaths.

Takuan

[close]

A litany of posts that amount to "fuck this guy".

Great discourse.

Dennis

The Russians got to my Pokemans REEEEEEEE

Takuan

The Russians got to my Pokemans REEEEEEEE

Way to out yourself. I see you.

Jansen

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=251822132

Quote from: hipbabboom
    I'm a fan of open world RPG - mainly Bethesda style games that have deep simulation. I've spent hundreds of hours in Skyrim but always had the one gripe that you I was unable to kill someone's partner and then become the lover/spouse of the bereaved character. Call it a quirk but I've always felt that it would add far more depth into the romance these games attempt and put some skin in the game for myself as a compelling emotional component. It makes the love with the character feel like something I've earned with my own hands - a love I was willing to do dirt for. I wouldn't do something like this in real life but within the confines of a game where its acceptable to play a thief etc... I don't get hung up on the any of the real-world moral melodrama.

Anyways, since its been a while since Skyrim, I was hoping that there's either a full game or modes to an existing game that would let me do this. If it can hit some (if not all) of the following features, it'd be great:
    [LIST=1]
    • Allow relationships to started or be ended with multiple characters
    • Allow dialog options with the spouse you kill so they're aware of what you intend to do with their partner after their death. Extra points if they can show different reactions in the dialog tree
    • Allow partners to go through a grieving period where yo can complete quests to win their affection
    • Have Mass Effect style love scenes where depending on the effort you put into the relationship, they would state if you were better than their previous partner
    • Have a main-character (or loyalty) quest for each bereaved spouse may discover what you did and depending on your previous quest successes and your speech stats, allows you to attempt to save your relationship with them
    • If the couple had children, make side quests where you win their affection

Just from these few points already, you can already see how much more interesting and meaningful relationships in a game becomes.

:insane

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
    That's the kind of guy who has a shelf full of women's heads in his player home.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

If you present your image one way and then do the opposite of that image, people will come down even harder on you. You see that with Republicans who present themselves as "Family Values" and then get caught in adulterous affairs, homosexual trysts or other "immoral" acts.

The only reason people cared about Obama cracking down on whistleblowers was because he ran on a platform that said it was going to support them. If his campaign never did that, a lot less people would've cared.

Dennis

Allow dialog options with the spouse you kill so they're aware of what you intend to do with their partner after their death.

If the couple had children, make side quests where you win their affection.

:six:

Skullfuckers Anonymous

[close]

A litany of posts that amount to "fuck this guy".

Great discourse.

given the usual crowd that wants to forget this or entirely downplay it (seen here as well), clearly it's not been overstated

nevermind the fact that if the gaming community at large didn't constantly have to be told what white supremacy is & why it's bad, we wouldn't have had gamergate & very possibly the alt-right either.

Jansen

didn't even get banned even tho they let the crazy out  ???

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
    Thread locked though. I take it the guys is a joke poster?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
    that palmer luckey thread is just... wtf?

the ride never ends

VomKriege

• Do the moron
    I've read a few pages of this thread and I'm at a loss for words
    So this is a sauce that was on a TV show that has crazy fans and McDonald's tried to do something for them and it backfired?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251527037

Won't someone think of Ronald McDonald ?

I'd rather my kid deal drugs or something than scream about not getting a dipping sauce.

:stop
    ὕβρις

Skullfuckers Anonymous

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447010

:lol :lol :lol

Cannot tell if OP is serious or not.

Raist

Poe's law is a bitch.

Boredfrom

People don't want to forget about Luckey, people just want to talk about the guy beyond the 2016 shitstorm that was the elections, his sin is incredible minor compared with current claims associated with his ex bosses at Facebook, people care about VR as technology and will like to talk about it without the minefield that is invoking Luckey and, apparently now, Carmack.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447010

:lol :lol :lol

Cannot tell if OP is serious or not.

I guess that's why Hilldawg voters didn't Pokémon GO to the polls.

Nah, research shows Nintendo fans were typically Stein voters.
    serge

wsippel

that palmer luckey thread is just... wtf?

the ride never ends

"You're not a good liberal like I am if you don't think and do what we tell you" - do those clowns even know what 'liberal' actually means?

Luckey is a fuckhead, but a lot of people in that thread are being total hypocrites.  Feep's roommate is an alt-right troll, and yet his scorn is reserved for people that don't want others to criticize Luckey fans.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
    Was just reading the gaf thread about the Star Wars trailer and got bummed thinking about the 150 b-rob posts that are missing :(

But seriously if he did banned forever, i wish he would’ve just waited till after December and the last Jedi
    hey

Raist

He didn't get perm'd. Well that may have changed after he starting whining on twitter about his ban though. Regardless, he's presumably

"not coming back because people don't want me there  :-\  :'( :brazilcry :crybaby :( :gloomy "

stufte

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251831135&postcount=229

The toxic levels of hyperbole is giving me cancer.

team filler

• filler
    • filler
    Palmer looks like a huge douche, I don't care what his political affiliations are. Fuck that that guy.

stufte

He's not, at least in all my interactions with him. He's mainly just a huge dork who was in the public eye when he shouldn't have been.

counterhit

Not sure if Watch Da Birdie is trolling or has completely lost his mind. He seems normal (for a Nintendo fan) outside some of the batshit insane threads he makes.

Was just reading the gaf thread about the Star Wars trailer and got bummed thinking about the 150 b-rob posts that are missing :(

But seriously if he did banned forever, i wish he would’ve just waited till after December and the last Jedi

There's a 5'1" void in nerd threads that no one will ever be able to fill.

Where the fuck does this delusional idiot get his notions?

Again, Luckey made a small donation to Donald Trump.  Who wants him dead?  Trump?  And his evidence for this claim is... what exactly?

Playing contrarian regarding Luckey seems really risky on GAF. This means hyperbole goes unchecked and FUCK YOU LUCKEY and smug nonsense shitposts rules all threads halfway about him. The dumbest thing about it all is blaming Oculus for Luckey attending the event.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
    He didn't get perm'd. Well that may have changed after he starting whining on twitter about his ban though. Regardless, he's presumably

"not coming back because people don't want me there  :-\  :'( :brazilcry :crybaby :( :gloomy "

I'm 50/50 on if Bobby has the will power to resist coming back.  My immediate reaction is " :lol He'll be back the minute his ban lifts, no way he can resist"

...but there's something special about this man we call Bobby Roberts, so after thinking about it for a few hours I've concluded that he's so far up his own ass that he could resist GAF.

Maybe I'm overthinking it?  I'll have to check my notes.
    hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
    There's a 5'1" void in nerd threads that no one will ever be able to fill.

Nailed it.  Bottom line, there's just not going to be another Bobby Roberts.  Dude's got too many unique qualities and quirks that came together as one.

Basically, the stars aligned for us.  And when I say aligned, I mean like perfect single file Nazi aligned.  That ain't happening again.
    hey

VomKriege

• Do the moron
    He's not, at least in all my interactions with him. He's mainly just a huge dork who was in the public eye when he shouldn't have been.

R u Carmack ?
    ὕβρις

WaveRacer 64

What did Palmer exactly do? They only give vague replies, I was only able to find that he funded a troll campaign with memes that targeted Hilldawg.

the freakin woz

What did Palmer exactly do? They only give vague replies, I was only able to find that he funded a troll campaign with memes that targeted Hilldawg.

he also faved racist shit on twitter for example:

(thats his gf btw)

etiolate

muslim is not a race

i think u may be lost

the freakin woz

shut the fuck up etoilet

etiolate

are you going to cry