Keep
63 (55.3%)
Ban
17 (14.9%)
Leper
34 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 02, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

Author Topic: What do we do with Etiolate?  (Read 17563 times)

Himu

What do we do with Etiolate?
« on: October 28, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
I think it's time.

Okay so, although we have different ideas on what to do with this thread I think most of us can agree that it's time for Etoliate to go. The guy left of his own will during Gamergate when we clowned him, Magus, and Damian for supporting GG, but has since decided to "grace" us with his presence since with mra/gg stuff that has apparently drawn eyeballs to this forum by the wrong kind of people.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: What do we do with Etiolate?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
What we've always done: laugh at him for being a big ol' goober.
dog

etiolate

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »
Make me a martyr. Make me right for the umpteenth time. :shrug

I am curious who the person was that told Cyndi they were being a meanie head and triggered this.

Trurl

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 04:30:39 PM »
Having Etoilate around is fine until the day people who share his views make up the majority of the forum.

Solution: ban anybody who likes one of his posts.  Maybe you could even make it automatic, like a self-banning button
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:55:39 PM by Trurl »

etiolate

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 04:31:00 PM »
Retitle it: The Orville Episode 7 Discussion Thread

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 04:33:21 PM »
What should I do?
fat

Himu

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »

I am curious who the person was that told Cyndi they were being a meanie head and triggered this.

???

Stro suggested it
IYKYK

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »
Really? Ganging up on people, trying to chase them out. Is that how things are being done here?

This is some pathetic schoolyard shit...

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Dude doesn't really make that many threads so lepering won't do much. But yeah, a lot of these new jacks are quite obviously human garbage and perhaps an example needs to be made. :gun
Hi

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »
You spend two days on reset and come back to try to get etoilet banned? Lol. Cindi, are you ok?
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 04:39:07 PM »
Really? Ganging up on people, trying to chase them out. Is that how things are being done here?

Schoolyard shit? It's what we've always done. We rarely ban, and if it's done, it's usually done so that the community has a say.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »

???

Stro suggested it

You spend two days on reset and come back to try to get etoilet banned? Lol. Cindi, are you ok?

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
Make me a martyr.
you are such a cornball

Himu

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 04:41:56 PM »

???

Stro suggested it

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45102.msg2326954#msg2326954

:umad
IYKYK

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »
He's shit and there are some noobs that seem to share his passion for being shit.
reckt

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »
But then who will serve us our L's?

Tasty

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »
I think lepering is the appropriate course. Dude has said so much worse shit than past lepers, but I don't think he should necessarily be banned.

A good ol' dunce cap warning new peeps not to take anything he spews seriously is about as good as we can do.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
I assume most of the dumb shit is happening in the GAF thread. As long as it's not like, toxic, racist, discriminatory posting (or such disguised as concern trolling, aka "The Etoilet Special™") then ultimately I don't really give a shit who posts here. Etoilet is obnoxious as all fuck, but most of his obnoxiousness comes not from his stupid views but from his wrongheaded, smarmy self-assuredness that he's sooooooo fucking smart and sees things others don't. Since Charlottesville, he's been mum as all fuck on the political front, which honestly is where most of his problematic behavior comes from. But if that's what he's doing and he's just moved it to the GAF thread, then yeah, sure- ban him and anyone else creating a toxic environment. But if we banned people for being stupid we'd have no members very quickly. I mean fuck, most of you labor under the delusion that the Switch library is quality.
yar

Dennis

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 04:44:05 PM »
Keep. I see nothing worse from him than other posters.

And really, I think this is inappropriate. Demi and the other moderators can step in if they think someone is out of line.

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »
He's shit and there are some noobs that seem to share his passion for being shit.

Agreed, but you can always ignore them.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
Ban etoilet and ban everyone else who registered after NeoGAF took a dump a week ago.
🍆🍆

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »

Schoolyard shit? It's what we've always done. We rarely ban, and if it's done, it's usually done so that the community has a say.

Whatever. But you people do realize that he's probably jacking off to this thread.

If you wanna get to him, put him on Ignore and stop invoking his name.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
I have that bitch on ignore but I've been exposed to his garbage through these goddamn noobs. I agree with Mary Tyler Whore. Ban all the noobs that came from the GAF exodus. We don't have ads here and they're probably not using referral links so nothing is gained by their presence.
reckt

Himu

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 04:54:41 PM »
Some of the noobs are good though. Like Jerry.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
For those of you new to the forum, lepering prevents people from making threads and makes their usernames piss-yellow. It does not restrict them from posting.

So "Ban/Leper/Stay" doesn't really make much sense.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
Etiolate is a tool, but if he’s the “worst problem” we have on this forum, we’re doing all right.

Nothing needs to be “done” with him, anymore than anything needed to be “done” with you when you’ve had your own moments of being *cough* “difficult”, Cindi.
MMA

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »
I don't think we should do anything.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »
Yeah, not all of the noobs suck. Granted I don't go into the gaf thread though, which I imagine is where most of them post and I imagine most of them do suck.

I'm mostly in favor of taking advantage of the fact that we don't post on GAF and just making lots of posts and threads mocking the etoilets of the world to serve as a cautionary tale to our new, impressionable idiot members.
yar

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2017, 04:58:29 PM »
Ban etoilet and ban everyone else who registered after NeoGAF took a dump a week ago.
fwiw, everyone new I’ve seen who’s posted outside the gaf thread has been fine.* Internal to the gaf thread is obv a different matter, but I’m of the opinion that if you frequent that place anyway, you’ve effectively signed up for whatever depressing, manic horseshit goes on in there. Treating etiolate like the sole, or even primary reason for the influx of garbage is ridiculous, he’s been here for years now without any substantial change to the accepted tenor of discussion on this board.

*lone exception being bamewild but I’m 60% sure he’s a joke poster and either way, he’s less of an existential threat to the forums image than just a distinguished mentally-challenged pet

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2017, 04:59:41 PM »
Etiolate has funny posts sometimes, and mostly doesn’t fling more shit than is flung at him, and you don’t have to like everyone on the board 🤷‍♀️

Himu

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »
My main concern is that Etiolate is a signal for people of a specific element to jump in. And they have. Maybe it has nothing to do with him. I'd like to know what he thinks of the alt right/gg'ers we have joining us.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
My main concern is that Etiolate is a signal for people of a specific element to jump in. And they have. Maybe it has nothing to do with him. I'd like to know what he thinks of the alt right/gg'ers we have joining us.

blah blah blah freedom of speech blah blah blah all points should be listened to blah blah blah, there you go

If your concern is that openly misogynistic, pro gg talk is becoming tolerated/encouraged here (a legit concern) after the GAF nonsense, your best bet to get it addressed IMO would be to start a private dialog with demi/joe. Of course at this point that's sort of like suggesting you close the barn door after the cows wander out, so.
yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 05:08:23 PM »
What'd he do? I assume this is related to That One Thread I never post in.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »
Give him a Swirly

dur

Freyj

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »

This is what happens when you peddle Guild Wars 2 son.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »
Keep him.

Or ban him but them ban Jack too. Balance of the Force and all that.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »
How are there 12 keep votes?

Honestly, banning is lame as shit.
🍆🍆

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2017, 05:36:49 PM »
Keep him or leper him. Banning is stupid and doesn't solve anything when you can no longer call out his bullshit.
野球

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »
So is this a secret ballot

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »
You can thank etoilet and half the junior goobers that this place has any kind of GG rep. The most trafficked thread on this forum has been filled with that shit this past week, and yeah it serves as a containment thread but it's also probably the only thread lurkers bother to read. Etoilet is fine when he's by himself espousing the truths about Seth Rich, getting clowned on by the regulars here, but throw in enough GAF/Voat fuckbois who want to tell everyone how they really feel and that thread becomes insufferable. No real solution other than relying on the community to self regulate itself and call shit out, but that sometimes feels like too much effort esp with the recent uptick of garbo posters. That said, this place would still be a boogeyman to some without these posters' presence and there's really no use trying to change perceptions--it's just more annoying than anything parsing through these feggits' musings when imo that thread works best as a place to clown on select posts and other forums.

tldr: If you solely post in the GAF thread you're probably a biiiiiiitch. Diversify your postings or better yet find some likeminded :trash elsewhere.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
finger his buttho'
duc

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »
I didn't know etiolate from Adam before he started posting again. My only exposure to his personality has come from the last few years in the Politics thread for peddling the type of right-wing conspiracies that usually show up on my grandma's facebook page and his self-proclaimed talent of "dispensing Ls". And some of his GG shit in the GAF thread.

I don't know what should be done with him but the most recent impression he's left on the community has been awful.

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »
Banning seems to go against the self-policing ethos that folks here should be proud of. I think the bigger problem is some of the new juniors 1) posting solely in the gaf thread and 2) posting politics in the GAF thread despite multiple polite requests from other members to take it to the appropriate thread.

The new guys that have been posting elsewhere on the site seem fine.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
finger his buttho'

Nah, he don't deserve the good stuff.
野球

Himu

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
You can thank etoilet and half the junior goobers that this place has any kind of GG rep. The most trafficked thread on this forum has been filled with that shit this past week, and yeah it serves as a containment thread but it's also probably the only thread lurkers bother to read. Etoilet is fine when he's by himself espousing the truths about Seth Rich, getting clowned on by the regulars here, but throw in enough GAF/Voat fuckbois who want to tell everyone how they really feel and that thread becomes insufferable. No real solution other than relying on the community to self regulate itself and call shit out, but that sometimes feels like too much effort esp with the recent uptick of garbo posters.

This is where I'm at. By himself he's fine. But as a collective...
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »
finger his buttho'

i'm just sayin', duder is bottled up so tight his breath smells like stale cum. milk that prostate and free his secret social studies side  :rollsafe
duc

Huff

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »
Mod me and I'll make sure we don't have no shitty politics shittig up the shit thread

dur

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 06:00:28 PM »
You can thank etoilet and half the junior goobers that this place has any kind of GG rep. The most trafficked thread on this forum has been filled with that shit this past week, and yeah it serves as a containment thread but it's also probably the only thread lurkers bother to read. Etoilet is fine when he's by himself espousing the truths about Seth Rich, getting clowned on by the regulars here, but throw in enough GAF/Voat fuckbois who want to tell everyone how they really feel and that thread becomes insufferable. No real solution other than relying on the community to self regulate itself and call shit out, but that sometimes feels like too much effort esp with the recent uptick of garbo posters.

This is where I'm at. By himself he's fine. But as a collective...

You can't have it both ways, can you? If you want to rely on members to keep each other in line, then you're gonna have some 'tards spouting off. If you don't like what they have to say and shaming isn't enough, then you'll have to start bouncing them. Where do you draw the line?

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 06:07:25 PM »
I assume most of the dumb shit is happening in the GAF thread. As long as it's not like, toxic, racist, discriminatory posting (or such disguised as concern trolling, aka "The Etoilet Special™") then ultimately I don't really give a shit who posts here. Etoilet is obnoxious as all fuck, but most of his obnoxiousness comes not from his stupid views but from his wrongheaded, smarmy self-assuredness that he's sooooooo fucking smart and sees things others don't. Since Charlottesville, he's been mum as all fuck on the political front, which honestly is where most of his problematic behavior comes from. But if that's what he's doing and he's just moved it to the GAF thread, then yeah, sure- ban him and anyone else creating a toxic environment. But if we banned people for being stupid we'd have no members very quickly. I mean fuck, most of you labor under the delusion that the Switch library is quality.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
fuck this thread

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
finger his buttho'

i'm just sayin', duder is bottled up so tight his breath smells like stale cum. milk that prostate and free his secret social studies side  :rollsafe

I think he just needs some hardcore side huggin'
野球

etiolate

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »
What'd he do? I assume this is related to That One Thread I never post in.

Because they have a 1000 pages of mocking GAF for being a safe space that bans opposing opinions and I gave them the opposing view so they want to ban me.

Though Cyndi is a different case. You can read her post history and see her freak out when called alt-right by the worst new member Swollen Members and then do a 180 to appease ResetEra expectations.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »
You can thank etoilet and half the junior goobers that this place has any kind of GG rep. The most trafficked thread on this forum has been filled with that shit this past week, and yeah it serves as a containment thread but it's also probably the only thread lurkers bother to read. Etoilet is fine when he's by himself espousing the truths about Seth Rich, getting clowned on by the regulars here, but throw in enough GAF/Voat fuckbois who want to tell everyone how they really feel and that thread becomes insufferable. No real solution other than relying on the community to self regulate itself and call shit out, but that sometimes feels like too much effort esp with the recent uptick of garbo posters. That said, this place would still be a boogeyman to some without these posters' presence and there's really no use trying to change perceptions--it's just more annoying than anything parsing through these feggits' musings when imo that thread works best as a place to clown on select posts and other forums.

tldr: If you solely post in the GAF thread you're probably a biiiiiiitch. Diversify your postings or better yet find some likeminded :trash elsewhere.

Bullshit. This had nothing to do with him and everything to do with people abandoning GAF and finding to opportunity to speak in a similar forum after years of being silent. If they knew about thebore before they would have come here already. I constantly offend liberal sensibilities too for different reasons and never gave a shit about him.

And btw Himuro this is getting worrying, first you propose to close the GAF thread because Resetera is now perfect and fixed, a conclusion you reached after 3. fucking. days. of the forum existing and now to ban eliatolate or whatever his nick is. If you want to fuck off to the other forum that is so great and and perfect do that, afterall you always seemed that you would be happier in a more ban-happy place. Just my 2 cents.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:09:40 AM by Optimus »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
If you outlaw eitiolate, then only outlaws will have etiolate.

etiolate

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »
Yeah to blame me for the new members then you would have to credit me for burning down GAF.

I'm no that powerful

spoiler (click to show/hide)
YET
[close]

Freyj

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »

Anyone whose post ratio is overwhelming in the GAF thread probably isn’t worth keeping around tbh.

Not like I’m some prolific poster but using this place as a shitting grounds for GAF is BM. It may be a lot of shitposting but at least etoilet makes posts elsewhere.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »
It's 2017, eating ass has become the millenial version of second base and y'all are still getting riled up about etiolate

vin

Huff

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »
We could always  rid of the gaf thread since gaf doesn't exist anymore.
dur

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »
I'm still confused what the matter is. Ms. Mayweather's argument is that other people look at this board as some shithole red pill website. Ok, that's fine.

What would cleaning up the act solve? They have a safe space, why would they bother interacting with multiple websites?

At most it would calm you down and who knows what the next trigger word to launch you on yet another episode. Even before all this redpill bullshit you did the same exact thing before words like "gamergate" and "redpill" became this popular millenial crap.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 06:39:45 PM »
Is that all you want me to do? Ban these people triggering you? Would that solve everyone's problem?

Help me out here, I would certainly hate to pull an EviLore here over a forum of at most 200 members
fat