Keep
63 (55.3%)
Ban
17 (14.9%)
Leper
34 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 02, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

Author Topic: What do we do with Etiolate?  (Read 17564 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: What do we do with Etiolate?
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2017, 12:40:10 AM »
Who's gonna hold all the L's if he's gone?

Keep

More importantly,

WHO WILL DRIVE THE CONVERSATION???
yar

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2017, 12:40:56 AM »
I thought this was the bore and at the bore we just laugh at or ignore idiots not ban them.
que

Dougstyles

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2017, 12:48:52 AM »
forum drama :donot :donot :snore :snore :snore
~Afu

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2017, 01:46:02 AM »
If there were 5 to 10 of him constantly posting alt-right shit or gamer gate shit I would simply shit-bin this place and stop posting here. But its really just him. I'll ignore Jaydubya because that's a whole other kind of annoying.

To give him a little credit, his posting in the nba thread is way less annoying since he came back and dropped all the conspiracy-gate stuff.

agrajag

« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2017, 02:00:07 AM »
I don't like this thread

« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2017, 02:04:35 AM »
This thread is now giving me cancer and aids.  :doge

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2017, 02:05:08 AM »
I say we reduce him to an object and take turns experiencing his flesh and ruminating on our coitions. If the object provides satisfaction, he can have a place amongst our shared Bore collection of animu PVC figures.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2017, 02:09:50 AM »
Generally I give zero fucks about US politics so the guy will never rile me up like he does some of you  :idont

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2017, 02:43:49 AM »
Give him a punishment with no hope, like being a Sacramento Kings fan
itm

Para-Medic

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2017, 03:13:43 AM »
(…) I've got no issues with Mr. E-Toilet, I've only ever seen him in the GAF thread which should imo, always be taken with a grain of salt 1, and 2, should absolutely be considered it's own containment thread. I disagree with his politics or at least what I'm told of them, gamergators ain't shit tbh. The industry as a whole continues to get more diverse and representative regardless of their shit flinging and I love it. All the best games this year have had female leads and it's never been better. So GG'ers can go cry in a corner I suppose. (…)

I largely agree with your post, except for Gamergate. If TheBore ever becomes a haven or even just quiet about Gamergate filth, I'd rather see this space die than become tolerant. Sure, there's war in the middle east, nukes could fly at any time, we have a walking example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect wandering around in the Oval Office, but I can't affect any of that. Gamergate has been responsible for an exodus of women from game development. While we're seeing some more empowerment of women in the gamedev workplace and push-back against the self-entitled whining of game consumers, there's no arguing against the caustic and potentially irreversible effects GG had on women working in games. Its willful ignorance, anti-reason, and entitled screechy vehemence based on self-imposed victimhood and perceived loss of status were the harbinger of the tomfoolery that led to having #45 in office.

So, yeah, GG fuckers can DIAF and anyone that thinks Trump is "doing good work" or even "okay" please go ahead and put me on ignore, and also feel free to not invite your friends.

I agree with this sentiment but my own experience with gators is that they simply don't care. Reason, logic, decency? These things mean nothing to them. Seemingly they exist solely to screech their shitty agendas from atop any platform offered.

I don't mean to seem apathetic, but sheesh, talking with these people is like yelling at the wall. Same reason you won't see me in any politics threads. Arguing with cuckservatives is akin self-harm. They're too dumb, unwilling or unable to logically explain their position or make a case for it. They fall back to the allegory and metaphors of Religion. "Gays can't marry cuz god said so!" Often they can't even see the irony in extolling the freedoms of America as they do, yet all of their social policies involve curb stomping freedom for others, minorities, and women.

So I dunno, it just feels harder and harder to work up the energy to argue with these people. They won't listen to words.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:07:57 AM by Para-Medic »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2017, 03:57:09 AM »
LEPER RAHX

BAN BENJI

ICON VALKYRIE

Is this the nerd version of Fuck/Marry/Kill?

frod

« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2017, 04:07:36 AM »
Keep, but force him to post at gaf daily to maintain his membership
f u

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2017, 04:18:13 AM »
Is this the nerd version of Fuck/Marry/Kill?
No, seeing as there's few to no nerds on The Bore. Just legit cool real men, not babies who play Splatoon.

:dice

benjipwns

« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2017, 05:04:22 AM »
okay i think this has gone on long enough

locking this thread
Typical Republican voter suppression. What part of:
Voting closes: November 02, 2017, 04:02:31 PM
don't you understand?

Baiano19

« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2017, 06:26:02 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

First thing I though after reading the title.

I like how this board shun him when he posts shit ( almost everytime) but keep him around. Better to talk than simply kill/ban.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I still have no idea what gamergater means  :huh :idont
[close]

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:30:47 AM by Baiano19 »

samir

« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2017, 06:31:05 AM »
He cool

bdoughty

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2017, 08:50:38 AM »
What a terrific thread.

bdoughty

« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »
I still have no idea what gamergater means  :huh :idont

A Gamergator plays Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 in a lit room with the shades/curtains open.
A Non-Gamergator plays Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 in a dark room to hide their shame. Then bashes it it relentlessly on gaming forums to earn online feminist credit points, which can be used online at Re/dress.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2017, 09:06:07 AM »
My thought is always to let idiots be idiots as long as they aren't posting blatantly offensive shit.

Etoilet in my opinion has crossed that line for me in saying some really reprehensible stuff.

If it was my choice I'd toss his and Optimus out because they offer nothing to this board and only server to detract from it. But it's not my choice so whateva
nat

etiolate

« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »
The thing is when it's not an idiot and it says true things that irritate you way deep down then you reveal yourself and something like this telling and very embarrassing thread shows up.

Dennis

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »
Why is this thread still up?

We treated Bobby Roberts better than this.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
you can tell who hasn't been around long by how much they're getting riled up like this is some kind of ban-happy exclusive community. we usually drive people away with shame and insults, and have definitely banned posters who poo out an endless stream of shit all over the forum and won't leave. some, like etoilet and jaydub, just manage to stay around forever because they get off on knowing others hate them. i don't care if they're banned, and lol at thinking we're adhering to some higher moral code by keeping around blatant dumdums.
pcp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
I comment other places on the net. It's really just this place that reacts in such a manner.

When y'all the only constant variable then maybe time for introspection.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I get better voter turnout than both parties.  ;)
[close]
Did you return to those places to triumphantly spout nonsense about how post-irony won Donald Trump the election? I'm not even going to ask about those places' leanings, because in no way would that be a factor.

etiolate

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2017, 12:10:08 PM »
Post-irony was a big part of the election and is now a real world factor. I came back to see if anyone wanted to take the aardvark outta their ass and listen. The answer was no.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
I am unfamiliar with the phrase "aardvark outta their ass." I assume it's a Southwestern slang term? Interested in the origin, I like to collect/steal these types of colloquialisms.
sup

benjipwns

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2017, 12:18:19 PM »
a google search doesn't turn up any use of it ever recorded

but it does turn up a whole lot of stuff related to the cartoon series Arthur

a show where i learned that people can't make up things on the internet

etiolate

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
I am sure those Arthur results were very educational.

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »
a google search doesn't turn up any use of it ever recorded

but it does turn up a whole lot of stuff related to the cartoon series Arthur

a show where i learned that people can't make up things on the internet

You ain't never heard of Arthur? Arthur, then Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain...that was my after school shizz back in the day  :aah

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »
you can tell who hasn't been around long by how much they're getting riled up like this is some kind of ban-happy exclusive community. we usually drive people away with shame and insults, and have definitely banned posters who poo out an endless stream of shit all over the forum and won't leave. some, like etoilet and jaydub, just manage to stay around forever because they get off on knowing others hate them. i don't care if they're banned, and lol at thinking we're adhering to some higher moral code by keeping around blatant dumdums.

I didn't imply that you guys were trigger-happy or anything. But for me Cindi's OP smacks a bit of that mob mentality in which the loudest and/or most popular decries so. and everyone follow suit. But the replies proved me wrong, so I'm sorry if anyone feels slighted by what I said.

I don't like Etiolate's opinions and his pompous rhetoric myself but I think he's just a classic troll character thriving on the attention you're giving him with threads like these. I think he's a decent poster as long as he keeps his alt right views to himself. But if the mods think that he stirs up the GAF refuse and gives this board a bad name in the process, then by all means, ban him.

Though I think a board as small as this one needs a counterpoint in some way to keep things interesting. The rap board I frequented in the 00s was a similarly small-sized affair. But it died off because everyone with a different opinion was ridiculed, insulted and chased off until only the same handful of dudes remained and  of course they got bored and left too. Though we were all in our late teens and early 20s back then. Most are older here and so maybe this board doesn't need an artificial antipode to generate some drama.

Anyway, I know it's not a hip thing here to care so much, so I better get back to Mario Odyssey 8)

benjipwns

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
You ain't never heard of Arthur? Arthur, then Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain...that was my after school shizz back in the day  :aah

« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »
I was all about Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain. Arthur came out around time where I felt like I was too old for it, and was more interested in other cartoons. It always had this air of seemingly being an educational show for very young toddlers.

Yeahhhh...I must be thinking of another one of their shows cuz wiki says it came on when I was too old.

FALSE NOSTALGIA ALARM, EVERYONE RETURN TO YOUR HOMES

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
lmao at this thread, cindi failing on getting support for this bs and pretending to speak for the majority

shameful shit

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »
I'm still confused what the matter is. Ms. Mayweather's argument is that other people look at this board as some shithole red pill website. Ok, that's fine.

What would cleaning up the act solve? They have a safe space, why would they bother interacting with multiple websites?

At most it would calm you down and who knows what the next trigger word to launch you on yet another episode. Even before all this redpill bullshit you did the same exact thing before words like "gamergate" and "redpill" became this popular millenial crap.

lawd I enjoyed reading this

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »
TeenNick runs a 90s nostalgia block at night with a rotating schedule...Hey Arnold, Rocko, Doug, All That, Kenan & Kel etc...

Starts at 10PM. At least in the US. Not sure about the rest of you fffffffilthy unwasheds  :pacspit

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
I am unfamiliar with the phrase "aardvark outta their ass." I assume it's a Southwestern slang term? Interested in the origin, I like to collect/steal these types of colloquialisms.

That's just etoilet, driving the conversation again
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2017, 05:05:38 PM »
I don't know the reasoning behind the OP but I sure as hell hope it isn't to try to show the fine folks at RejectEra that were are not evil bigots.  Because they're going to think that no matter what and furthermore who gives a shit what they think?
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
I mean who would you trust to make decisions, people that stayed at GAF after it was revealed that they'd harbored and given preferential treatment to an admitted drug addict (not that there's anything wrong with recreational use of whatever) that turned out to be a pedophile (obviously a lot wrong with that) or the chill motherfuckers that got kicked out for saying fuck a lot and making fun of ninthings?
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2017, 05:14:46 PM »
I do thing we should take away filler's ability to like etoilet's posts, tho
yar

Boredfrom

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2017, 06:01:14 PM »
Etiolate is a annoying cunt that likes to pretend to be smarter and wiser than the "vile" people people voting for he to stay. Doesn't need to be banned as he doesn't deserve a thread where he can claim be the victim.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
Taking away etoilet would be tantamount to taking away a real toilet from a bar irl. This place is a fun hangout, but we all need something to collectively shit on, so he should stay.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2017, 06:30:12 PM »
I do thing we should take away filler's ability to like etoilet's posts, tho
:doge

warcock

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2017, 07:03:18 PM »
Can we please force change his name to gaimeguy or orin.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2017, 07:36:57 PM »
I voted keep but now regret my decision.  I hope the people around him will keep him in line. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
I voted keep but now regret my decision.  I hope the people around him will keep him in line.
POLITICS THREAD IS THAT AWAY, FOR ALL YOUR TRUMPERY.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »
I like etoilet. I would perform oral sex on him

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
I like etoilet. I would perform oral sex on him

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2017, 04:41:20 AM »

Plot
A woman threatens to leave her husband unless he installs a toilet in their home. To win back her love and respect, he heads out on a journey to fight against the backward society.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:41 AM »
if we're doing this

agrajag

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:29 AM »
where's Cindi? Pulling Besada-type hours at raclette?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
I like this thread, highly entertaining.

I voted leper ofcourse
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:20 AM »
fat