Keep
63 (55.3%)
Ban
17 (14.9%)
Leper
34 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 02, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

Author Topic: What do we do with Etiolate?  (Read 17565 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: What do we do with Etiolate?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »
please dont quote me. just because i think cindi is being hysterical doesnt mean your posts dont still give me gastroenteritis.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »
I'm not against you, Mayweather-hime. Just not for banning the breh breh.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »
Keep having more votes than Leaper/Ban. I wonder who is behind this... :thinking

meeb

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2017, 06:43:11 PM »
Wasn't neofeg banned long ago?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »
Keep having more votes than Leaper/Ban. I wonder who is behind this... :thinking
Gamergate.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
Need novid's input on this

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
You can thank etoilet and half the junior goobers that this place has any kind of GG rep. The most trafficked thread on this forum has been filled with that shit this past week, and yeah it serves as a containment thread but it's also probably the only thread lurkers bother to read. Etoilet is fine when he's by himself espousing the truths about Seth Rich, getting clowned on by the regulars here, but throw in enough GAF/Voat fuckbois who want to tell everyone how they really feel and that thread becomes insufferable. No real solution other than relying on the community to self regulate itself and call shit out, but that sometimes feels like too much effort esp with the recent uptick of garbo posters.

This is where I'm at. By himself he's fine. But as a collective...

This is my only concern, I don't need an army of idiots telling me Russia is fake news/DNC Bullshit and/or Trump isn't that bad/didn't say Nazi's are good.

They can keep their fake news to themselves.
 :donot :crazy :insane

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »
53 votes? We don't even have that many actual active posters. :lol Juniors shouldn't get poll voting privileges. :punch
Hi

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »
Shitposting isn't a crime. :yeshrug

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »
This is some pathetic schoolyard shit...

i mean, what do you expect from video game forums - neogaf, resetera, the bore, i forget the other video game forums but who cares

put a srs face on them all you want, in the end it's still a bunch of 20-30-40something manbabies gushing about and getting into fights over toys above all else

inb4 well then why are you here huh huh huh

to fight over toys, sugar
sup

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »
This is some pathetic schoolyard shit...

i mean, what do you expect from video game forums - neogaf, resetera, the bore, i forget the other video game forums but who cares

put a srs face on them all you want, in the end it's still a bunch of 20-30-40something manbabies gushing about and getting into fights over toys above all else

Para-Medic

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
Edit: Nvm.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:55:25 PM by Para-Medic »

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
I just realize that I have been gone so long, that I kind of forgot if I like some posters or not.
Drunk

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2017, 07:03:49 PM »
i've noticed a lot of people tend to mention him a lot whether he's in the thread or not, as if he's not going to show up

it's like saying beetlejuice three times and then wondering why beetlejuice is there ruining your good times
sup

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
It really bugs me when banned nerds from one forum who moved to another talk shit about the nerds who were banned and went to a different forum

Btw Nintendo sux deal with it nerds
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2017, 07:22:49 PM »
I'm also worried that the Bore will draw attention from the wrong crowd.  I mean with the recent Catholic conversions of some members, it really makes one wonder where will their allegiance be -  with the Bore or the Pope?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
53 votes? We don't even have that many actual active posters. :lol Juniors shouldn't get poll voting privileges. :punch

62 now. I demand a recount with only people posting.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2017, 07:25:45 PM »
Also, why is my username now
TheInfelicitousDand
y
and how is Etoliate responsable? 

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
Modest proposal:

We create a new subforum called "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom" and make TVC15 the sole moderator. We then put all of the undesirables in there, revoke their ability to post on any other forum on the board, and never speak of it again.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2017, 07:44:53 PM »
I say it's time for the Spanish Inquisition
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »
I don't think it's fair to fault him with all the garbage new accounts in the GAF thread. Like what ? Lurkers see etiolate posts (but not those of every one else ?) and somehow that is a mating call ? It honestly feels like scapegoating in its most biblical sense, as if no other regular users (especially in the GAF thread) -myself included- did partake in sometimes reactionary, snarky, contrarian, provocative, smug and biased discourse which may align with the usual bulletpoints of some of the current unsavory corners of the Web. Railling against safespaces, Social Studies Warrior, passing summary judgement on one's intentions, always taking for granted the worst possible motivations in any GAF drama up to speculating on pedophilia if not a pedophilia ring (OK that one took a eerie turn a few months ago)... A complete list would be too long to make.

It is all a big joke of course, but we do know that those can start to get a life of their own after a point and it is not just a week old either (though the thread has reached a new level of insanity due to ongoing events). People mistake us for VOAT or whatever other hellhole because there is some overlap between our GAF thread and what they do (at least the part about picking, choosing and laughing at links from GAF or whatever). It is unreasonable to expect outsiders to read the rest or understand at a glance the arcane, convoluted & insular culture of the place that informs the jokes and whatnot. For better of for worse, the GAF thread is the forefront of TheBore. And I'm skeptical as to the containment theory, it certainly seems that last week it sucked in much more people than anything.

As an aside, the GAF thread seems increasingly like an outdated relic in the shifting Internet culture and I suspect the prejudice and incomprehension of casual passers-by will only get worse. This sort of message boards fuckery is probably getting as obsolete as message boards themselves. Maybe because the language is too edgy and maybe because drama has scaled up to become worldwide with real-life consequences thanks to Twitter, 4ch, Anonymous or any other site you care to name.

Moving on to the person of etiolate himself : I don't care for his political insight and have long decided to pass most of his posts on the matter. I also can only rally to most of Human Snorenado comments about him, nonetheless I do find him witty at times and I do think that for all his flaws (and god knows he has many) he is also a real person with opinions on big or small things I wouldn't have expected given his overall slant. Likewise with the fact -he will probably try to contest for our hilarity- that he is obviously capable of shame though it has yet to lead to some more humility. I also believe it is necessary to have some diversity of opinions, apart from the truly heinous ones, even if it means settling with etiolate as the token one for crazy right wing stuff. All the more since I find him mostly harmless.
All that being said, I am not familiar with the longer history here, despite having lurked on and off before joining and I guess some of the opinions are informed by that.

Lastly, with regards to this community, I think permanent bans should be used as parsimoniously as possible and be reserved as a last resort and/or to punish grievous offences only.

For all those reasons I say :
- Keep etiolate.
- Retire the GAF thread, at least temporarily, or let's try to consider some tone policing to avoid some of the usual excesses.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:36:35 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
Please pardon me for the trite effort post.
ὕβρις

El Babua

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
He'll probably stop posting for a bit if Mueller's indictments are high profile enough.

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2017, 07:49:38 PM »
He'll probably stop posting for a bit if Mueller's indictments are high profile enough.
Quite a few posters here and on Era as well as people in the real world will need some consoling.

Especially if the rumor is true and it's Kushner.  :neogaf

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2017, 07:51:45 PM »
Is that all you want me to do? Ban these people triggering you? Would that solve everyone's problem?

Help me out here, I would certainly hate to pull an EviLore here over a forum of at most 200 members

First things first. Where's my share of the profits as a content creator for this forum?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2017, 07:53:42 PM »

Keep. GAF is dead yet you guys are still reading and being upset by the GAF thread, ie the worst thread on the forum. You could be discussing triumphs, failures, and all the Taco Bell in between but nah. You want to live in the sewer.

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Keep. GAF is dead yet you guys are still reading and being upset by the GAF thread, ie the worst thread on the forum. You could be discussing triumphs, failures, and all the Taco Bell in between but nah. You want to live in the sewer.

Ya'll needs some Baileys. :doge

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2017, 08:29:50 PM »
Combine all threads except the Politics and GAF threads into the Video Games forum

Rename the Video Games forum "Manbaby Pacifiers"

Rename the forum with the Politics and GAF threads "Shit/Bin"

make it so users can completely hide one forum or another upon loading the website, everyone gets their own special message board for deep and serious discussion without ever seeing the other boards again

spoiler (click to show/hide)
or maybe just use the ignore function that already exists here
[close]
sup

Para-Medic

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »
My vote was for leper, and my previous post was a disguised "don't feed the troll" post. After all, if you don't feed these people they tend to go away and seek arguments elsewhere.

Upon further reading I'm not sure I actually understand the upper level dynamics at play here. Some people want all the juniors culled already, and I mean hey, that was my ban at GAF too! I got maybe 4-5 posts in the GAF thread, the other 100 I've earnestly poured into Gaming side and a few OT interests. Already made some friends here and met others with very cool tastes/ideas. It seems unfair to just throw all that away. But whatever, "a few bad apples" and all that.

Now that GAF is in it's final stages of decay and beings to stink, thebore turns in on itself and starts to pick at it's own scabs.

I've got no issues with Mr. E-Toilet, I've only ever seen him in the GAF thread which should imo, always be taken with a grain of salt 1, and 2, should absolutely be considered it's own containment thread. I disagree with his politics or at least what I'm told of them, gamergators ain't shit tbh. The industry as a whole continues to get more diverse and representative regardless of their shit flinging and I love it. All the best games this year have had female leads and it's never been better. So GG'ers can go cry in a corner I suppose.

Debating Mr. E-toilet is up to the individual in the end, not every post needs a response. In regards to banning him, the general atmosphere of the bore had suggested to me that bans would be quite rare as most stupid people are just called out and that's that. Banning Mr. E-Toilet offers what exactly? Is the eventual goal of thebore to become the much loathed "Echo-chamber" most of us came from?

I'd also like to point out the suspicious nature of this thread existing as pointed out by members previously. You spend the last week shitting on GAF with everyone else, the thread was moving at some 50+ pages a day, swoon over resetera for a couple days and suddenly start demanding cleanups at the bore? That's not a good look.

Anywho I don't like getting uppity with people, got like anxiety meds and shit so that's my piece and if the junior purge is real well, it was nice to meet some of you.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »
I'd also like to point out the suspicious nature of this thread existing as pointed out by members previously. You spend the last week shitting on GAF with everyone else, the thread was moving at some 50+ pages a day, swoon over resetera for a couple days and suddenly start demanding cleanups at the bore? That's not a good look.
Welcome to Cindi.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
I don't think anyone is seriously considering culling the whole junior class or even mass banning swathes of recent members. Those things, in my experience, have tended to mostly self regulate themselves.
ὕβρις

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2017, 08:41:41 PM »
LEPER RAHX

BAN BENJI

ICON VALKYRIE
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »
LEPER RAHX

BAN BENJI

ICON VALKYRIE

Now this is a recommendation I can get behind.
dog

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »
i feel like i miss out on a lot of the drama here because i dont read the gaf thread anymore, or care. my fav drama was around the "rat pack" and end of willco era. also glen shinobi was p funny.
◕‿◕

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »
my fav drama was around the "rat pack" and end of willco era. also glen shinobi was p funny.

*ahem*, that's "Seattle Shat Pack", motherf*cker, get it right! :punch
MMA

Pwnz

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
Roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge tee hee hee
 :beavis

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
my memory is not what it used to be  :'(
◕‿◕

Barraco Barner

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2017, 09:06:30 PM »
Ugh I used to respect the bore before it became alt-right

E-DuB

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2017, 09:06:51 PM »
my fav drama was around the "rat pack" and end of willco era. also glen shinobi was p funny.

*ahem*, that's "Seattle Shat Pack", motherf*cker, get it right! :punch
Memories😍

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
It's 2017, eating ass has become the millenial version of second base and y'all are still getting riled up about etiolate

(Image removed from quote.)

Also, LMAO @ this.

That's former Toronto Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly.  Dude is the coolest 76-year old on the planet. :lol
MMA

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
Just do to his posts what we do to yours... roll our eyes and ignore.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2017, 09:52:54 PM »
lmao at PD posting a fucking Sliders gif
reckt

etiolate

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »
I comment other places on the net. It's really just this place that reacts in such a manner.

When y'all the only constant variable then maybe time for introspection.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I get better voter turnout than both parties.  ;)
[close]

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2017, 10:13:45 PM »
Is that all you want me to do? Ban these people triggering you? Would that solve everyone's problem?

Help me out here, I would certainly hate to pull an EviLore here over a forum of at most 200 members

First things first. Where's my share of the profits as a content creator for this forum?

Ok, I'll paypal you the 25 cents from the dollar I made from my amazon referral.
fat

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
lmao at PD posting a fucking Sliders gif

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that
MMA

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
https://m.
serge

Syph

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »

Ok, I'll paypal you the 25 cents from the dollar I made from my amazon referral.
woah woah woah
american quarter or canadian boogie quarter?
there's a big difference
XO

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2017, 10:52:34 PM »
finger his buttho'

Quickest way to make a nicca learn is to go knuckles deep
:9

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2017, 10:54:16 PM »

TVC15

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2017, 11:00:23 PM »
Tilda as Himu.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2017, 11:04:53 PM »
Tilda as Himu.

Fucking Hollywood whitewashing strikes again.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2017, 11:08:23 PM »
I mean, seems like this forum always has at least one solid heel, it’s probably best for the ecosystem in the end to keep him around not to be replaced by something much worse, right? 🤷‍♀️

FatRiker

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2017, 11:09:07 PM »
If I get a film starring Tilda and Cate Blanchett as lovers who own a cabaret bar in late 1920's Berlin, Etoilet can stay.

TVC15

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »
If I get a film starring Tilda and Cate Blanchett as lovers who own a cabaret bar in late 1920's Berlin, Etoilet can stay.

As long as you cast me as the cabaret’s star and let me do Liza’s iconic chair dance. I’ve been practing for years. I’m wearing the outfit now. I’ve been wearing it so long that the crotch has rotted out.

serge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2017, 11:17:10 PM »
ban optimus
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »
finger his buttho'

Nah, he don't deserve the good stuff.

Gawd, I *heart* Mr. Gundam so much.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2017, 12:13:16 AM »
Please pardon me for the trite effort post.
  :-*

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2017, 12:23:20 AM »
(…) I've got no issues with Mr. E-Toilet, I've only ever seen him in the GAF thread which should imo, always be taken with a grain of salt 1, and 2, should absolutely be considered it's own containment thread. I disagree with his politics or at least what I'm told of them, gamergators ain't shit tbh. The industry as a whole continues to get more diverse and representative regardless of their shit flinging and I love it. All the best games this year have had female leads and it's never been better. So GG'ers can go cry in a corner I suppose. (…)

I largely agree with your post, except for Gamergate. If TheBore ever becomes a haven or even just quiet about Gamergate filth, I'd rather see this space die than become tolerant. Sure, there's war in the middle east, nukes could fly at any time, we have a walking example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect wandering around in the Oval Office, but I can't affect any of that. Gamergate has been responsible for an exodus of women from game development. While we're seeing some more empowerment of women in the gamedev workplace and push-back against the self-entitled whining of game consumers, there's no arguing against the caustic and potentially irreversible effects GG had on women working in games. Its willful ignorance, anti-reason, and entitled screechy vehemence based on self-imposed victimhood and perceived loss of status were the harbinger of the tomfoolery that led to having #45 in office.

So, yeah, GG fuckers can DIAF and anyone that thinks Trump is "doing good work" or even "okay" please go ahead and put me on ignore, and also feel free to not invite your friends.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2017, 12:32:56 AM »
If you outlaw eitiolate, then only outlaws will have etiolate.

Newsfeed
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »
Who's gonna hold all the L's if he's gone?

Keep
©ZH