Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174900 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6120 on: December 08, 2017, 01:06:44 PM »
Fucking vocal fry nightmares sitting in my cubical area today...

Someone shoot me.

Leadbelly

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6121 on: December 08, 2017, 01:14:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/met-defends-suggestive-painting-of-girl-after-petition-calls-for-its-removal.10216/

Someone really needed an excuse to post prepubescent girls flashing their panties.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1888501/
Yes, they do look waifish nowadays. Maybe not from where you are, but certainly around my way. The thin, underaged look is in.

Also, there seems to be a lot of posts that seem to think that a young girl with her legs open and showing her panties is not suggestive...

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6122 on: December 08, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »
"I don't virtue signal", said man.

Define virtue.

I do understand that you think yourself exempt because you're using a more constricted and pejorative definition of virtue signaling, but to me, flaunting your superior morality is flaunting your superior morality (disregarding question of what's superior for the minute). I don't think it's bad as such, but I point my finger this time because, well, because you've done it before and I'm the kind of boring stickler who goes "well, actually..."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:42:53 PM by Rufus »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6123 on: December 08, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
K.

I'd have to go on a day-trip to the Netherlands to get Taco Bell. Or the nearest US military base, I guess.

Jansen

« Reply #6124 on: December 08, 2017, 01:38:16 PM »
2016 Game Awards thread - 181 pages
2017 Game Awards thread - 5 pages

NeoGAF Game Awards thread, 6 pages, 271 replies, 31,000 views.
Reset Game Awards thread, 228 pages, 11,390 replies, 417,000 views.

Tyler, dude, it's over. Do the right thing, take NeoGAF out back and shoot it.

agrajag

« Reply #6125 on: December 08, 2017, 01:38:36 PM »
edit: don't want to derail anymore so I sent Rufus a PM.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6126 on: December 08, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »
Who is this Social Studies Warrior I'm seeing going around the August thing? This is what I'm talking about. Classic S.JW. Applaud when someone kills themselves because they merely thought differently from you.

S.JWs make me sick.

(Image removed from quote.)

What's fucked up with this it that she probably thinks that she's being a really great person right now.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6127 on: December 08, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/met-defends-suggestive-painting-of-girl-after-petition-calls-for-its-removal.10216/

Someone really needed an excuse to post prepubescent girls flashing their panties.

Yes, they do look waifish nowadays. Maybe not from where you are, but certainly around my way. The thin, underaged look is in.

Also, there seems to be a lot of posts that seem to think that a young girl with her legs open and showing her panties is not suggestive...

:neogaf :snob
You fucking swines.
What next ? Giacometti works promoting anorexia ? :lol
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6128 on: December 08, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
I'd put the painting in the living room to annoy people.

Edit: Why's nobody complaining about the blatant display of pussy? It's even filling itself with white stuff.

Baiano19

« Reply #6129 on: December 08, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »

You fucking swines.

I can see this being a thread there. I don't dare to even get closer to Off topic, except through here.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #6130 on: December 08, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »
this thread is like 90% ~virtue signalling~ (or at least that's what it's become over the last couple of years) so lol @ the dum dums ITT with no self-awareness harping on about it happening on GAF/RE as if it's term of the month.
bent

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6131 on: December 08, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »
this thread is like 90% ~virtue signalling~ (or at least that's what it's become over the last couple of years) so lol @ the dum dums ITT with no self-awareness harping on about it happening on GAF/RE as if it's term of the month.

Unlike Meso, i actually get laid when i do it.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6132 on: December 08, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
Just got in a Lyft and Peter Cetera is on the radio.
serge

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6133 on: December 08, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »

Stop virtue signaling about virtue signaling breh.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6134 on: December 08, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
Anyone that uses polysyllabic words is intelligence signaling.  Anyone talking about taco bell is obesity signaling.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6136 on: December 08, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
OK guys, no one wants to wind up saying something that will wind up warranting a warning or worse. So chill out before you all take it too far and we have to take real action.
real. action.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #6137 on: December 08, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1885002/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1885002/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1885617/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1885970/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1886060/
Quote from: Raijinto, post: 1885002, member: 21953
This is quite a horrible thing for me to read and I'm glad the site is on my side here. So because my avatar is from a Nintendo game I carry a certain "baggage" based purely on that, you know nothing else about me other than that (I'm 99.9% sure I've never interacted with you before) but you judge me based on one picture I use for one profile. You don't see how really not nice at all that is?

EDIT: was typing when Jonneh posted their reply.

Quote from: Raijinto, post: 1885445, member: 21953
Can I please get some clarification here about that reprimand Zhuge just gave me? I PMed them but they haven't responded, I'm getting flung from pillar-to-post here and I don't have a single comment posted as evidence which I went over the line with.

Can I please have a mod explain the stance here to me?

Quote from: Raijinto, post: 1885617, member: 21953
Well I'd like an explanation from a mod, again there is no evidence posted where I went over the line. I'm not going to insult people over something as trivial as this, that's just not who I am and I think my history points to that and I feel harshly treated and so want an explanation.

Quote from: Raijinto, post: 1885970, member: 21953
These kind of posts aren't getting anyone anywhere. I'll take it up with a mod in private messaging, and take my leave of this thread. Feel free to ignore my last few posts everyone :)

Quote from: Raijinto, post: 1886060, member: 21953
You're good people in my book :)

(I'll send you a PM very soon that I'd appreciate you take a look at).

Poor Nintendumb :(

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6138 on: December 08, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
That's being disingenuous and you know it. What if one of your sexual partners took drugs intravenously? What if one of them had HIV and you didn't know it? That's my point. No matter how rare it is in the heterosexual community, if you have a concern about it you should be tested just for the peace of mind. The doctor scoffing and going "nah, breh, you're fine" is someone that shouldn't be practicing medicine, IMO. Yes, there's hypochondriacs where that sort of scoffing is valid.  But HIV is one of those things you don't fuck around with.

It's honestly one of those things where "bug-chasing" and younger gays not having safe sex bothers the shit out of me, because of history. So seeing that sort of non-worry just because your heterosexual is :trigger ing the fuck out of me.

It's a dumb thing to say for anyone, but you know, lack of education etc.

But for a GP? Fuck's sake. Although I can't say I'm entirely surprised.

Dunno what that physician was smoking. Unless there's some cost involved in those tests and they are ordered to screen tightly due to budgetary reasons he just seems like moron. Here, the proper protocol for the test is already there if the patient asks for one, never mind having risky sexual behavior on top of it.

It's cheap as fuck.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6139 on: December 08, 2017, 04:24:33 PM »
That thread is something, considering everyone posting on a video game forum by default is a nerd, yet there's a lot of unconscious self loathing going on in that thread.

If the alternative is being a manchild enslaved to dumbed down mythologies backed by our private corporation overlords, I'll take the self loathing any day.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #6140 on: December 08, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
More obnoxious: Nintendo-shilling on Era or Sony fanboys on GAF?

I vote for the Nintendo shills., easily.
I think console sales threads are the most boring things imaginable, but the salt in that "Switch outsold by PS4 and XBOX" thread is just delicious.

Himu

« Reply #6141 on: December 08, 2017, 04:36:54 PM »
ps4 fanboys easily.
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6142 on: December 08, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »
Don't forget about the fangirls.

Jansen

« Reply #6143 on: December 08, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »
More obnoxious: Nintendo-shilling on Era or Sony fanboys on GAF?

I vote for the Nintendo shills., easily.
I think console sales threads are the most boring things imaginable, but the salt in that "Switch outsold by PS4 and XBOX" thread is just delicious.

When it comes to sales threads Nintendo fans have been the worst for over a decade interrupted briefly when the Gameboy advance was outselling the PS3.

That shit was hilarious.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6144 on: December 08, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
Fanboyism might be this hobby's prime cancer, but my bias is that adult Nintendo cheerleaders are especially distinguished mentally-challenged - particularly because I was mostly in that camp before the 2010s and I cringe whenever I see their blatant patterns and little knowledge of the overall industry. And because Nintendo's recent flop years made a prime example of how hardcore corporate slaves might just border literal mental illness. The ways some people go out to defend their favorite toy company parallels defending one's own family. At least it's only games, under different circumstances they could've been religious zealots (maybe some are).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:15:44 PM by Spieler1 »

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #6145 on: December 08, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »
Give me like 3 hours with ERA's banning tools and I could get rid of most of the annoying platform shills. Why does Cerium let them shit up his oasis? Very weak, very H.R.C.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

jorma

« Reply #6146 on: December 08, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »
Give me like 3 hours with ERA's banning tools and I could get rid of most of the annoying platform shills. Why does Cerium let them shit up his oasis? Very weak, very H.R.C.

Why are you begging for Resetera banning tools when you could just build a firewall around their site and invite the few good posters to post here instead? Very weak, very sad.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #6147 on: December 08, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »

Why are you begging for Resetera banning tools when you could just build a firewall around their site and invite the few good posters to post here instead? Very weak, very sad.

because i need the nintenyearold tears on twitter
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Jansen

« Reply #6148 on: December 08, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1884760/

24/7 distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

Bravotyler

« Reply #6149 on: December 08, 2017, 06:08:47 PM »
At this point if you just replaced every poster's avatar with a pink screaming Wojak the sales threads are pretty close to mirroring /v/.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:14:37 PM by Bravotyler »

Bore Expert

« Reply #6150 on: December 08, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1884760/

24/7 distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

What a hillary he chose to die on. Do the other washed up gaf mods post there?

blaze

« Reply #6151 on: December 08, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »
Nintendo fans are more babyish in their reactions. Sony fans just never shut the fuck up with terrible "memes"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6152 on: December 08, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »
fuck the ps4, fuck sony

etiolate

« Reply #6153 on: December 08, 2017, 07:50:26 PM »
My only view on this is that I think there's going to be tribalism no matter what you do and I'd rather people exercise that demon on meaningless stuff like video games and sports, rather than wander into the hell hole of that community's OT and decide to apply their fanatic nuttery towards serious topics.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6154 on: December 08, 2017, 08:01:13 PM »

Sickle Cell is a black-only problem.

I knew you'd expose yourself sooner or later.

You're a racist.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6155 on: December 08, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

You fucking swines.

Solution

sigh

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6156 on: December 08, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »
Nintendo fans are just cheerleaders. If they were all hot blondes, you’d like them better. They don’t usually shit on other games, so much as they just hype their own games up endlessly.

Sony fans are the worst. They shit on everything except their litter box and they’re really really fucking aggressive about it.

I don’t think the Microsoft stans have ever really given a shit about this stuff, so much as they’re mostly just dragged into it by the other two camps.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #6157 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
Nintendo fans are just cheerleaders. If they were all hot blondes, you’d like them better. They don’t usually shit on other games, so much as they just hype their own games up endlessly.

Sony fans are the worst. They shit on everything except their litter box and they’re really really fucking aggressive about it.

I don’t think the Microsoft stans have ever really given a shit about this stuff, so much as they’re mostly just dragged into it by the other two camps.
Burnettes are so much better than blondes. Havaing an actual vagina and being a Nintendo fan makes you so much hotter.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6158 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
I'm a HUGE fan of vaginas.

You came to the wrong neighbourhood ese.
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6159 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:23 PM »
User banned (1 day): vulgar attack a moderator instead of PMing a mod/admin + sexist and inappropriate comment in a serious thread

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1905409/
sigh

paprikastaude

« Reply #6160 on: December 08, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »

nah, you can only do so much about insufferable stupidity

That reminds me that "master race" goons are aids though. Since I'm mostly reading topics on Japanese games, most of the discourse I see from PC people is either port begging or "only 30 fps!? lol gonna pirate, lazy developers gtfo".  :snoop :snoop
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:09:41 PM by Spieler1 »

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #6161 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »
If a game god suddenly materializes in front of me and tells me that I have the task of choosing only one current video game hardware company to exist, then sorry guv'ners, but I'm gonna choose the one that's been in this the longest. Sony and Microsoft are gonna get dissolved.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Plus I love seeing Sony fans cry
[close]

Baiano19

« Reply #6162 on: December 08, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »
Is gaf completely dead now? There is no OT or gaming section whatsoever.

Edit: nah was just banned. I thought they didn't had mods there anymore

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6163 on: December 08, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »
If a game god suddenly materializes in front of me and tells me that I have the task of choosing only one current video game hardware company to exist, then sorry guv'ners, but I'm gonna choose the one that's been in this the longest. Sony and Microsoft are gonna get dissolved.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Plus I love seeing Sony fans cry
[close]

Brave to stand up for Atari.
rub

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #6164 on: December 08, 2017, 11:03:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1875072/

don't know about that. I think he's just posing with the motorcycle. That's about all. Cloud does that too. A lot in AC. I've seen many things do that lol Akira didn't invent that pose.

:neogaf

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #6165 on: December 08, 2017, 11:54:14 PM »
Man i see some of the sony fanboys are losing it due to PSX not being what they hoped (i.e Megatons) :neogaf

Jansen

« Reply #6166 on: December 08, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »
User Warned: You're talking about an underage girl here, have more class.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1887712/

Quote from: Lord Brady, post: 1887712, member: 9910
Is it 'cause you can see her pussy?

Lol got a warning for making an obvious joke about the cat in the room with her. Holy shit.

jesus christ what thin skinned bitch ass mod did that? i bet it was morrigan

Bravotyler

« Reply #6167 on: December 09, 2017, 12:10:47 AM »
Sony events are starting to remind me of Wii U-era Nintendo when it felt like you kept seeing/hearing about the same couple games for a few years on end. It doesn't help that 2 of their 3 big E3 2015 announcements have been pretty quiet as well.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6168 on: December 09, 2017, 12:11:50 AM »
User Warned: You're talking about an underage girl here, have more class.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1887712/

Quote from: Lord Brady, post: 1887712, member: 9910
Is it 'cause you can see her pussy?

Lol got a warning for making an obvious joke about the cat in the room with her. Holy shit.

jesus christ what thin skinned bitch ass mod did that? i bet it was morrigan

some guy defending the other person on the forum with a sense of humor.

User banned (1 day): vulgar attack a moderator instead of PMing a mod/admin + sexist and inappropriate comment in a serious thread

Who writes these warnings/bans?  It's funny how they try to use legal/academic language to make the ban sound more neutral and grounded.  But in fact it just makes them sound even dumber and hysterical.

User warned for using the word hysterical.  Root origin known as hysterectomy.  Ban length dependent on how outraged Morrigan can act
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6169 on: December 09, 2017, 01:10:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-do-some-people-look-so-negatively-at-%E2%80%9Cnerd-culture%E2%80%9D.10104/page-5#post-1882378

This seems like a problem with the poster, considering they're upset and sad about things they made up an assumed might be true, somewhere, maybe.
User was warned for callously dismissing others feelings about hypothetical events in a vulgar way.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6170 on: December 09, 2017, 01:19:12 AM »
the mod warnings kind of read like pearl clutching tbh
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6171 on: December 09, 2017, 01:32:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1915895/

:dead

i feel so bad for "lovers" of this industry. men in their 30s-40s still having to argue video game sales numbers with idiot fanboys. i'd swan dive right off the roof

Clockwork5

« Reply #6172 on: December 09, 2017, 03:35:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1915895/

i feel so bad for "lovers" of this industry. men in their 30s-40s still having to argue video game sales numbers with idiot fanboys. i'd swan dive right off the roof
And they wonder why women call them feggits when they start blabbing about Star Wars.

Unbounded

« Reply #6173 on: December 09, 2017, 04:14:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-incredibles-2-read-mod-edit.10283/

MOD EDIT: The fawning over Elastigirl's physical attributes is embarrassing and contributes nothing to the discussion. If it continues there will be bans. It shouldn't be this hard to find other things to discuss about this reveal.

I'll give it to the end of the year before it implodes.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6174 on: December 09, 2017, 04:18:37 AM »
Jeez, I thought warnings could be a good idea, but this is awful.
serge

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #6175 on: December 09, 2017, 04:40:36 AM »

I have no idea wtf you're talking about. Making fun of distinguished mentally-challenged fellows isn't virtue signalling.

Coax

« Reply #6176 on: December 09, 2017, 05:57:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-incredibles-2-read-mod-edit.10283/

MOD EDIT: The fawning over Elastigirl's physical attributes is embarrassing and contributes nothing to the discussion. If it continues there will be bans. It shouldn't be this hard to find other things to discuss about this reveal.

There was a topic about that animated film featuring a brief appearance by a character with crazy proportions that was locked for similar reasons (presumably) on GAF a while ago. There's like the barest whiff of any 'fawning' seen in either thread :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6177 on: December 09, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »

I'll give it to the end of the year before it implodes.

- Come to ResetEra, you can talk about everything ! :rejoice
- *OMG* *WTF* *HYPE*
- Welcome to ResetEra, you can't talk about anything. :brazilcry

Hoping people will read mod edits? That's a bit of a stretch.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1914665/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:05:31 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

machine

« Reply #6178 on: December 09, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »

I'd like to think that my infrequent posts signal an absolute lack of any virtues

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6179 on: December 09, 2017, 09:17:29 AM »
Definitely, pretty sad to see people like Taylor Swift being patted on their back because she so progressive on one issue due to her own life experiences, but is still selling records by pandering to Nazis.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1903281/
ὕβρις