Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146782 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6420 on: December 12, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »
Reboot was always for those kids that hung out with the creepy dude in his 60s that was still too enthusiastic about baseball cards and comic books.
serge

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6421 on: December 12, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/EntranceJew/status/889699133052866561/video/1

Here is some other thing Ernest Cline wrote.

Edit: Here's the entire thing.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:55:55 AM by HardcoreRetro »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6422 on: December 12, 2017, 11:51:36 AM »
Reboot was always for those kids that hung out with the creepy dude in his 60s that was still too enthusiastic about baseball cards and comic books.

So you liked Reboot huh
rub

TVC15

serge

TVC15

« Reply #6424 on: December 12, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »

So you liked Reboot huh

I don’t like comic books. I like graphic novels
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6426 on: December 12, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253108240&postcount=104
Quote from: 7echnicolor
Honestly, in my 7 years here, I never once felt like I wasn’t able to speak my mind, even in the last few years in particular. So I’d say over-moderation, still.

:dunno
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #6427 on: December 12, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »
if the age gap is more than four years it's fucking gross

I'm 35 and my girlfriend will be 28 next month... I've found that most of the women my age either have extremely high standards and are at the age where they've come to terms with the fact they may end up a cat lady, or they've been divorced already, with kids, and other baggage I'm not interested in dealing with. Plus I'm a bit "youthful" (read: immature) for my age, while I'm a responsible adult with a career, mortgage, and a decently sized nest egg, I'll also go to edm festivals, game tournaments, and other events that you won't find too many 35+ people at.
^_^

Leadbelly

« Reply #6428 on: December 12, 2017, 12:41:10 PM »
What race are the people saying that women age poorly talking about?

Some women age well. A large part depends on your genetics, but women tend to look after their skin more also.

Interestingly though men age better than women in general. The reason is because men and women have different skin types. Men have thicker skin and much more collagen in their skin. It is the loss of collagen that makes the skin lose its elasticity. Men however, tend not to look after their skin as much as women so it isn't always readily noticeable.

That said Monica Bellucci is a good example of a woman who aged well. She said once that she felt she was at her most attractive at around 38-39 years of age. She certainly wasn't unattractive at that age, that's for sure.

If you've seen the movie irreversible, she was 38-39 in that movie.
(Image removed from quote.)

Men generally don't age better than women, but what is attractive about men is different than women, so being older and grosser for a man can be almost entirely counteracted by things that generally only come with age (money, prestige, social standing, wisdom, security). Meanwhile, a woman's attractiveness is almost always based on her physical appearance, which is certainly a finite resource, as is the ability to produce off spring.

The system is rigged  :yeshrug

At least now older, even post menopausal women look better and are given more looks in general

No, men do age better than women. This is not simply an opinion, there is scientific evidence to back it up. Men's skin ages more slowly because of a greater collagen density.

There's more to aging well or poorly than collagen density. Men age like shit, too, even if they get less wrinkles.

Well yeah, there is also a genetic element to it. Of course there are a number of other factors as well. In terms of women for example, they are more likely to undergo various treatments to make themselves look younger. Women are more likely to have chemical peels for instance. That helps to make the skin look younger. They are more likely to wear sunscreen as another example.

Sai

« Reply #6429 on: December 12, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253108240&postcount=104
Quote from: 7echnicolor
Honestly, in my 7 years here, I never once felt like I wasn’t able to speak my mind, even in the last few years in particular. So I’d say over-moderation, still.

:dunno

lolll what a dumbass
ilysm

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #6430 on: December 12, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »
Not GAF, but it's too good not to share
https://www.reddit.com/r/MensLib/comments/7j6wt6/extreme_male_guilt/

I'm a "recovering anti-feminist" in that I spent several years in denial about things the patriarchy, male privilege, the wage gap, mansplaining, etc. I think I had a really strong defensive reaction because hearing those things made me extremely disgusted with my own maleness. I have a feeling that a lot of anti-feminists might be experiencing similar emotional responses, and I often wonder how that problem can be fixed. I've noticed that I didn't feel similarly about race, class, or disability. I was fully able to acknowledge that being white, being lower-middle class rather than lower class, and being born in a first-world country gave me advantages. But with gender I couldn't stay objective, and that's somewhat mysterious to me.

I still have the same disgust feelings, but I'm now self-aware about them, which makes it possible for me to set them aside and analyze gender-relations objectively. But it's still really hard to not get nauseated when I think about the fact that I have a male sexuality, male physical strength, and look like a man. It reached a point that I considered gender transition because of my guilt over maleness, though now I think that's not for me. I've also done serious research in how to either chemically castrate myself or to reduce my libido down to zero. Which I understand would be bad medically-speaking, but the idea of not having these urges anymore is very difficult to resist.

So I guess my question is, have other males experienced this level of shame and disgust after being exposed to feminism? And in particular, what aspects of feminist discussion set you off? I think for me the biggest "trigger" is discussions about "masculinity." I think in my mental image, I'm just an abstract being who happens to inhabit a particular physical avatar. But the word "masculinity" implies some kind of connection between me and that physical form, and that disturbs me.

And also of course, the recent sexual assault discussions have raised all of this to a new level. It's become increasingly hard to put any of this stuff out of my thoughts. I think a lot of the disgust is centered around feeling like an "ogre" or an animal due to my physical appearance and the role I would play in sex. And of course, logically I know that not all sex is rape, that if a woman consented I shouldn't feel guilty for being with her, etc. But knowing those things logically doesn't make the male role any more palatable.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6431 on: December 12, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »
God bless social media(and anonymous forums  :-*) for giving the mentally ill a chance to mix themselves in stupid ideological debates.

Himu

« Reply #6433 on: December 12, 2017, 02:56:37 PM »
I've never gotten Seanbaby.
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6434 on: December 12, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »
Yes, that is very funny, but coming from SeanBaby... that's a little hypocritical isn't it? Hasn't his shtick been "Man the 80s and 90s sure were dumb, let's look at them" for about 20 years now?
rub

counterhit

« Reply #6435 on: December 12, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-facebook-exec-says-social-media-is-ripping-apart-society.10683/

Look at all these Peter ceteras being like "quite right! Social media makes people stupid! Except me. My twitter is immaculate" :snob

Printing press is the WOAT, it enabled Mein Kampf ! :brazilcry

You are joking, but it's also a serious argument that the printing press is one of the most disruptive inventions ever made and the fallout of it does have some parallels to twitter, with "fake news" and propaganda

Jansen

« Reply #6436 on: December 12, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »
Yes, that is very funny, but coming from SeanBaby... that's a little hypocritical isn't it? Hasn't his shtick been "Man the 80s and 90s sure were dumb, let's look at them" for about 20 years now?

I'm honestly surprised he is still around doing the same thing.

TVC15

« Reply #6437 on: December 12, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »

I don’t think you worry about hypocrisy when you’re doing lowest common denominator non-political humor. If it’s funny, do it.
serge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6438 on: December 12, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »

It's like Maddox trying to do a youtube show now as if it had even the slightest semblance of the personality his old writings had.  Just not the same anymore.
Uncle

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6439 on: December 12, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »
I scored my wife with a Barney and Friends references; pre-school girls are so easy.

Whoa wait a second — I thought you were locked up in county still getting piss thrown on you?

Boredfrom

« Reply #6440 on: December 12, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
The Last Jedi hype threads are starting to sound like Uncharted 3 ones.

blaze

« Reply #6441 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:41 PM »
It's weird how attached they were to gaf, to the point where literally everything has to be the exact same. not an ounce of originality between them.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6442 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »
Not GAF, but it's too good not to share
https://www.reddit.com/r/MensLib/comments/7j6wt6/extreme_male_guilt/

I'm a "recovering anti-feminist" in that I spent several years in denial about things the patriarchy, male privilege, the wage gap, mansplaining, etc. I think I had a really strong defensive reaction because hearing those things made me extremely disgusted with my own maleness. I have a feeling that a lot of anti-feminists might be experiencing similar emotional responses, and I often wonder how that problem can be fixed. I've noticed that I didn't feel similarly about race, class, or disability. I was fully able to acknowledge that being white, being lower-middle class rather than lower class, and being born in a first-world country gave me advantages. But with gender I couldn't stay objective, and that's somewhat mysterious to me.

I still have the same disgust feelings, but I'm now self-aware about them, which makes it possible for me to set them aside and analyze gender-relations objectively. But it's still really hard to not get nauseated when I think about the fact that I have a male sexuality, male physical strength, and look like a man. It reached a point that I considered gender transition because of my guilt over maleness, though now I think that's not for me. I've also done serious research in how to either chemically castrate myself or to reduce my libido down to zero. Which I understand would be bad medically-speaking, but the idea of not having these urges anymore is very difficult to resist.

So I guess my question is, have other males experienced this level of shame and disgust after being exposed to feminism? And in particular, what aspects of feminist discussion set you off? I think for me the biggest "trigger" is discussions about "masculinity." I think in my mental image, I'm just an abstract being who happens to inhabit a particular physical avatar. But the word "masculinity" implies some kind of connection between me and that physical form, and that disturbs me.

And also of course, the recent sexual assault discussions have raised all of this to a new level. It's become increasingly hard to put any of this stuff out of my thoughts. I think a lot of the disgust is centered around feeling like an "ogre" or an animal due to my physical appearance and the role I would play in sex. And of course, logically I know that not all sex is rape, that if a woman consented I shouldn't feel guilty for being with her, etc. But knowing those things logically doesn't make the male role any more palatable.

Seriously considering chemical castration is so over the top that my initial thought was this is a troll post. It could be that he is simply mentally ill however.

He kind of sounds like someone who has done something so shocking that he is now so disgusted with himself that he thinks this will somehow absolve him from his sins.

In that case, I suggest instead of initiating himself into a cult he first get in touch with a therapist.

« Reply #6444 on: December 12, 2017, 07:59:25 PM »

It's like Maddox trying to do a youtube show now as if it had even the slightest semblance of the personality his old writings had.  Just not the same anymore.

Maddox was never really funny, Seanbaby can still get me to crack a smile from time to time.
ǚ

Leadbelly

« Reply #6445 on: December 12, 2017, 08:18:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rotten-apples-website-to-search-if-a-movie-features-someone-accused-of-sexual-misconduct.10875/

::) :rkelly ::)

What happened to separating the art from the person?

Considering some of these people have been acting for many years, there is bound to be some of your absolute favourite movies in there. What, are you going to just stop watching them until the end of time? Okay then!

Leadbelly

« Reply #6447 on: December 12, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2057504/

It didn't even occur to me that Weinstein was attached to Lord of the Rings. Man, I'm fucking bummed...

This is going to cover so many movies. The idea that any of these people will really stop watching them seems unlikely to me. It is just virtue signal the thread.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6448 on: December 12, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »

Maddox has been doing a YouTube show for years and years and years and not only did it perfectly capture the tone of his previous writing, the show was even better than the original format. Get fucked you tasteless mongoloid.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #6449 on: December 12, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
the idea of not watching bladerunner 2049 because of the few minutes Jared Leto was in the movie is insane

god I can't wait till it is on bluray to watch it again

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:56:13 PM by Jansen »

Leadbelly

« Reply #6450 on: December 12, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »
the idea of not watching bladerunner 2049 because of the few minutes Jared Leto was in the movie is insane

god I can't wait till it is on bluray to watch itcagain

I didn't even know Jared Leto had been accused of something.

I actually thought his character was the most interesting one in Bladerunner as well. I was disappointed with how little screen time he got. Out of all the characters in the film his character was the one I wanted to know more about.

« Reply #6451 on: December 12, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
I feel things like that site are going to help people who have trouble accepting the real world is out there. They will eventually come to terms with fact that almost everything they like, somewhere somehow, has something attached to it they don't like.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #6452 on: December 12, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
as soon as i saw maddox talk, it retroactively ruined anything he'd written that i'd previously enjoyed.

shosta

« Reply #6453 on: December 12, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
I feel things like that site are going to help people who have trouble accepting the real world is out there. They will eventually come to terms with fact that almost everything they like, somewhere somehow, has something attached to it they don't like.
six degrees of desecration
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6454 on: December 12, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

Maddox has been doing a YouTube show for years and years and years and not only did it perfectly capture the tone of his previous writing, the show was even better than the original format. Get fucked you tasteless mongoloid.
By all accounts he's hit rock bottom, having not done anything funny for the better part of a year, and is now so off his rocker that he's suing Patreon and his former co-host for 20 million dollars.
Uncle

kingv

« Reply #6455 on: December 12, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »
Seanbaby just needs to get fat chicks in party hats going again, then we straight.

Makai

« Reply #6456 on: December 12, 2017, 10:05:59 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6457 on: December 12, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
no lie, part of the reason I was always going to watch it was because he's gotten better as he's aged, he was fun in Breaking In (which I watched because it had him and the guy from Reaper) and then Mind Games (which I watched because it had him and Steve Zahn) so I was in for Mr. Robot even though the trailers were so bad, it looked like the same show as those, Christian Slater harassing some kid or mentally ill person

also I feel like anyone finding out about Christian Slater's past is like someone who doesn't know Charlie Sheen

benjipwns

« Reply #6458 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »

lol site major fail

In 2002, Jones was arrested for possession of child pornography and accused of soliciting a 14-year-old boy to pose for nude photographs.[24] Jones pleaded no contest to a felony charge. His attorney emphasized that there was no allegation of improper physical contact. His punishment was five years probation, counseling, and the requirement to register as a sex offender.[25] He has been arrested twice for failing to update his sex offender status, both in Florida (2004)[26] and in California (2010).
In July 2016, Jones posed with Justin Bieber for a photo that was shared to Bieber's Instagram; the post (captioned "Ferris buellers day off") was later deleted.
I guess technically that's not an allegation of sexual misconduct though.

edit: also lol at the site's choice of photos for various films, considering they're kinda plot spoilers :lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:54:15 PM by benjipwns »

Jansen

« Reply #6459 on: December 12, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-the-ending-of-ace-ventura-in-2017.10878/

just not enough on the plate for today so let's dip into the past

benjipwns

« Reply #6460 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
Based on that result and some others I checked, I guess the site doesn't care about stuff like domestic violence, pulling an Amir0x, faking PhD credentials or inventing your own system of logic just to prove 1 x 1 is 2.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6461 on: December 12, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »

:woken
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #6462 on: December 12, 2017, 10:59:53 PM »

:dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6463 on: December 12, 2017, 10:59:55 PM »
I searched for "Deep Throat" on there and "This movie has no known affiliation to anyone with allegations of sexual misconduct against them. This movie has no known affiliation to anyone with allegations of sexual misconduct against them. This movie has no known affiliation to anyone with allegations of sexual misconduct against them. This movie has no known affiliation to anyone with allegations of sexual misconduct against them" came up.  Almost creepy how it started repeating itself.  Also this is wrong.
ど助平

shosta

« Reply #6464 on: December 12, 2017, 11:02:01 PM »
I had a good laugh looking up movies but it just occurred to me that this is literally a hollywood blacklist

gonna rewatch trumbo and cry because we are entering a cultural dark age

FUCK
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #6465 on: December 12, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »
First Lady Barbara Bush paraphrased the film in her 1990 commencement address at Wellesley College: "Find the joy in life, because as Ferris Bueller said on his day off, 'Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!'" Responding to the audience's enthusiastic applause, she added "I'm not going to tell George ya clapped more for Ferris than ya clapped for George."
:usacry

benjipwns

« Reply #6466 on: December 12, 2017, 11:07:03 PM »
apparently being CONVICTED of murder/manslaughter isn't enough to make your movie or TV show a rotten apple, as long as no sexual misconduct is involved :rofl

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6467 on: December 12, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »
Someone look up Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, site doesnt load for me.  Wanna see if Joe Son pops.

benjipwns

« Reply #6468 on: December 12, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »
the site isn't even self-consistent

Prison Break, despite having multiple domestic assault people on it iirc, and one character they had to write off because the actor went to prison for two years for killing some teenage girl in a DUI or something (also had domestic violence history), turns up because Robert Knepper is accused of grabbing a crotch and assault in 1991: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-knepper-accused-sexual-assault-by-veteran-costume-designer-1055914

Homeland, doesn't turn up anyone, despite Knepper being on the show last season in a similarly credited role?

i did Star Trek Voyager and it seems to have broken the site because now I can't get any responses from it, which is a shame because i was going to TNG next because of how many guest stars ran through that show who later got careers

which reminds me, Law and Order must be the ur rotten apple

Makai

« Reply #6469 on: December 12, 2017, 11:20:49 PM »
no but

high score

benjipwns

« Reply #6470 on: December 12, 2017, 11:21:43 PM »
Someone look up Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, site doesnt load for me.  Wanna see if Joe Son pops.
rotten
apples

austin powers

Cast: John Travolta
Cast: Kevin Spacey
Cast: Rob Lowe

benjipwns

« Reply #6471 on: December 12, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »
THE CELEBRITY APPRENTICE seems to have broken the site for me again

benjipwns

« Reply #6472 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »
the naked gun films are all clean, nobody worry about anyone on those being accused of anything untimely

Makai

« Reply #6473 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:57 PM »

:)

benjipwns

« Reply #6474 on: December 12, 2017, 11:26:31 PM »
it's not sexual misconduct if she marries you ;)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it also debunks all the other cast member claims against you :doge
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #6475 on: December 12, 2017, 11:30:39 PM »
rotten
apples

apocalypse now

Cast: Marlon Brando
Cast: Charlie Sheen
:lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6476 on: December 12, 2017, 11:34:32 PM »
rotten
apples

austin powers

Cast: John Travolta
Cast: Kevin Spacey
Cast: Rob Lowe
How are those three worse than Joe Son :lol

Jansen

« Reply #6477 on: December 12, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #6478 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:08 PM »
ROTTEN APPLES endorses both the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_861_argument and the "non-resident alien" defenses against tax evasion charges! If only Snipes had included his belief that the 16th Amendment wasn't legally passed. (Which he believes but didn't include in his defense.)

benjipwns

« Reply #6479 on: December 13, 2017, 12:02:14 AM »
Personally, I still contend the Snipes tax thing was a government setup to get him into prison as part of the whole secret conspiracy to bring all of Demolition Man into our reality.