Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146902 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6720 on: December 15, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
Another thought on the Disney/Fox thing: in addition to Katya and Trixie, I’m also considering Sweet Dee a Disney Princess.
serge

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6721 on: December 15, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
by that logic

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6722 on: December 15, 2017, 06:10:01 PM »
In the spirit of continuing to dox Gretel's brother:

Quote from: Hansel
I'm still a bit confused why it's ok for men to be quantified on a level of attractiveness based on their physical build but it's not ok to do the same for women when it comes to their breasts, butt, or waist. It's still objectification of a person and hypocritical.
Ugh @ this mentality.

Because women have been told their whole lives that they have to conform to a very specific look in order to be attractive and successful.

Men just have to be men.
每天生气

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6723 on: December 15, 2017, 06:14:10 PM »
Him in the Ocean's 8 thread:
Would have liked it much better if they decided to, you know, actually put some effort in to making a potential franchise for women, by women.

But yeah, a recycled idea produced by men and directed by a man, is about as good as we can get, I guess.
What? This is where you're going now? False equivalency?

All I'm saying is that women deserve better than a remake or a reboot and you have posters disagree with me.

I expected better from this forum.
每天生气

Vertigo

« Reply #6725 on: December 15, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »
So Resetera 'top poster' Krejlooc posted this thread which was locked pretty quickly

Also he probably made it up for attention.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-burned-a-box-full-of-kittens-at-my-office.11383/

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6726 on: December 15, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
Take to the streets and what, yell at the sky and hold signs up? That won't do shit.

French revolution style or don't even bother.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-trump-fires-mueller-we-take-to-the-streets.11375/#post-2179661

This thread is a treat.
sigh

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6727 on: December 15, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »
by that logic

(Image removed from quote.)

I want a The Shield land in the next Kingdom Hearts. I want Donald and Goofy to take on the Armenians.
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6728 on: December 15, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »
So Resetera 'top poster' Krejlooc posted this thread which was locked pretty quickly

Also he probably made it up for attention.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/someone-burned-a-box-full-of-kittens-at-my-office.11383/
This totally happened.
que

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6730 on: December 15, 2017, 08:17:59 PM »
Would have liked it much better if they decided to, you know, actually put some effort in to making a potential franchise for women, by women.

But yeah, a recycled idea produced by men and directed by a man, is about as good as we can get, I guess.

All I'm saying is that women deserve better than a remake or a reboot and you have posters disagree with me.

Jesus fucking christ

Netflix and Chill does not involve sexual harassment.
The basis of the meme is to lure a woman to the requester's residence with the promise of just watching something on Netflix together, while the requester's intention is for sex. Manipulation is borderline sexual harassment.

Dude probably jerks off while he thinks about how disgusting men are.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:26:59 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6732 on: December 15, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »
Hansel

:neogaf

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #6733 on: December 15, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/messofanego/status/941233145592020992

Combating 1st-type Liberalism online and at home; a true practitioner of the science of Mao Zedong Thought :salute :chinacry
bent

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6734 on: December 15, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »
Can you imagine these people at a holiday party? what hell.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6735 on: December 15, 2017, 09:32:59 PM »

Combating 1st-type Liberalism online and at home; a true practitioner of the science of Mao Zedong Thought :salute :chinacry

I kind of doubt he has convinced anyone in his family to vote for his causes if his forum behavior is anything to go by.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6736 on: December 15, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
If you’re going to make Morrigan a mod, why not excelsiorlef? She is no more insane.

She is morrigan on steroids.

One of my favourite Excel posts is the one where she explained why she hated Republicans. She basically listed shit like Jim Crow and the KKK. lol

I'm not even from the US and even I know that the Democrats were more responsible for that shit than the Republicans.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6737 on: December 15, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »
He's convinced me net neutrality was a mistake  :iface

Leadbelly

« Reply #6738 on: December 15, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »
Mess of an ego is quite a fitting username actually. I give him props for that.

Jansen

« Reply #6739 on: December 15, 2017, 09:52:04 PM »

dude has no self awareness to realize his family dreads seeing him every year :lol

"shit! do we have to invite him?"

Leadbelly

« Reply #6740 on: December 15, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »

Jesus fucking christ

Netflix and Chill does not involve sexual harassment.
The basis of the meme is to lure a woman to the requester's residence with the promise of just watching something on Netflix together, while the requester's intention is for sex. Manipulation is borderline sexual harassment.

Dude probably jerks off while he thinks about how disgusting men are.

Oh it's that Hansel guy. Yeah he's fucking insane.

He's either a sex offender, a troll, or someone broken in some way. I can't decide which one.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6741 on: December 15, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »

I'm not even from the US and even I know that the Democrats were more responsible for that shit than the Republicans.
Huh? You do realize dems today aren't the same dems from the past, same goes for republicans.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6742 on: December 15, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »

Huh? You do realize dems today aren't the same dems from the past, same goes for republicans.

As far as I am aware Jim Crow was a point in history. :p

You can't take a moment in history and retroactively blame it on the Republicans because the Republicans of today are not the same Republicans of the past. What is this?

Edit: The point is Excel just assumed that the Republicans were responsible for the Jim Crow laws and the creation of the KKK. I just found that amusing because she listed them as her reasons for hating Republicans. She had no idea that they were not valid reasons because of her ignorance of history.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:23:04 PM by Leadbelly »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6743 on: December 15, 2017, 10:20:04 PM »

You can't take a moment in history and retroactively blame it on the Republicans because the Republicans of today are not the same Republicans of the past. What is this?
That's like saying Lincoln was part of the Republican party of today. He wasn't. Republican/Democrat is just a term. It can mean anything. It doesn't matter if the banner was "Republican" when the principles were completely different.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6744 on: December 15, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »

That's like saying Lincoln was part of the Republican party of today. He wasn't. Republican/Democrat is just a term. It can mean anything. It doesn't matter if the banner was "Republican" when the principles were completely different.

You're not getting the point I was making. Read my edit.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6745 on: December 15, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »
Your point sucks, suck my hog.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6746 on: December 15, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »
Your point sucks, suck my hog.

Mmmm Okay!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6747 on: December 15, 2017, 10:38:39 PM »

Yeah, your point sucked. Out of all the things to shit on excel for   :cmonson

Leadbelly

« Reply #6748 on: December 15, 2017, 10:45:45 PM »

Yeah, your point sucked. Out of all the things to shit on excel for   :cmonson

The point doesn't suck you just seem to have mental block or something.

The whole point of mentioning this has nothing to do with whether there are valid reasons to dislike the Republican party, or that the Republicans of today are more like the democrats of the past, the point of mentioning it is excel's reasons for hating the Republicans weren't even valid.

If you're going to characterise Republicans as the absolute embodiment of evil, at least have a valid reason for it. Otherwise you look like a dumbass.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6749 on: December 16, 2017, 12:04:33 AM »
Oh it's that Hansel guy. Yeah he's fucking insane.

He's either a sex offender, a troll, or someone broken in some way. I can't decide which one.
Don't say that about me...er...wait...one of these is accurate. Er wait, I mean I'm not Hansel, why would anyone ever think that?

agrajag

« Reply #6750 on: December 16, 2017, 12:24:46 AM »
Banji is your sister named Gretel

benjipwns

« Reply #6751 on: December 16, 2017, 02:48:41 AM »
This whole conversation could have been avoided if we didn't forget three key details:
1. Excelsoirlef's grasp of modern politics is derived entirely from the sources of the late PoliGAF bubble. This includes how basic things Americans take for granted operate, like say Congress, so if there hasn't been a Vox explainer on the subject, she wings it. And by wings it, I mean says everything bad is the Republicans fault always.
2. Excelsoirlef's grasp of ancient history extends back to 2011, maybe.
3. Excelsoirlef is Canadian. Lives in Canada. And from the one time I ever read the Canadian PoliGAF thread is probably even less informed about Canadian politics.

And also like none of this in the charming way of that guy who's trapped on NeoGAF.com because he refuses to be a traitor, whose username I forget who was protesting Trump's inauguration by refusing to watch it, but then watched it anyway. Then we found out he's like 50.

agrajag

« Reply #6752 on: December 16, 2017, 02:54:33 AM »
That guy is crazy about RPG's

Unbounded

« Reply #6753 on: December 16, 2017, 03:59:17 AM »
I just want to say it makes me feel really good to come in here and realize that I wasn't the only one who thought a good chunk of these posters were full of shit and/or fucking insane.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6754 on: December 16, 2017, 04:15:53 AM »
You can chart the mental illness in real time now:

How do you find this?
sigh

Bore Expert

« Reply #6755 on: December 16, 2017, 04:22:54 AM »
You can chart the mental illness in real time now:

How do you find this?

Say “Morrigan” out loud 3 times. Prepare to look into the abyss.

nudemacusers

« Reply #6756 on: December 16, 2017, 06:12:49 AM »
Please do not weaponize statistics
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #6757 on: December 16, 2017, 06:19:53 AM »
i should change my job description to include that

Oblivion

« Reply #6758 on: December 16, 2017, 06:41:21 AM »
Wait, excelsior is a chick?  :o

benjipwns

« Reply #6759 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:35 AM »
She's trans but has some not entirely standard (to us ignorant folk) definition of what that means or something unless I'm thinking of someone else who bitched about having to shave their beard before starting treatment. I might have the wrong person on that, I just remember it being such a strange near deal-breaker from one of those PoliGAF oversharing personal information days yet nobody seemed to think it one.

Or it may just be her inability to write english half the time or more. (She has some Lime like traits too, as she's hinted at working/voting for U.S. campaigns and stuff, but that might just mean posting 80 times a day on a forum that votes Democratic more than a Philly precinct.)

I think Cindi got lectured by her or something not too long ago about proper usage of trans terminology.

benjipwns

« Reply #6760 on: December 16, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »
Short version is she identifies as such so after I found out, years into her reign of terror, I just use what she wishes.

Although I shouldn't, considering the whole Canadian thing.

benjipwns

« Reply #6761 on: December 16, 2017, 07:09:03 AM »
I just want to say it makes me feel really good to come in here and realize that I wasn't the only one who thought a good chunk of these posters were full of shit and/or fucking insane.
Wait until you see what we think about ourselves!

Oblivion

« Reply #6762 on: December 16, 2017, 07:21:23 AM »
She's trans but has some not entirely standard (to us ignorant folk) definition of what that means or something unless I'm thinking of someone else who bitched about having to shave their beard before starting treatment. I might have the wrong person on that, I just remember it being such a strange near deal-breaker from one of those PoliGAF oversharing personal information days yet nobody seemed to think it one.

Or it may just be her inability to write english half the time or more. (She has some Lime like traits too, as she's hinted at working/voting for U.S. campaigns and stuff, but that might just mean posting 80 times a day on a forum that votes Democratic more than a Philly precinct.)

I think Cindi got lectured by her or something not too long ago about proper usage of trans terminology.

Wait, are you sure you're not confusing excelsior with Dax01?

benjipwns

« Reply #6763 on: December 16, 2017, 07:55:13 AM »
I may have confused on the beard story, I just remember it being an odd thing to be angry about. And excelsiorlef has some anger issues, Dax, well, for a while at least, was more grounded. I literally can't remember that ever being the case for our Resettlement Advisor.

And the rest I'm pretty sure is right? She did destroy the Transphobic Cindi a few weeks ago.

benjipwns

« Reply #6764 on: December 16, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
She literally admitted to being a gimmick poster, which is amazing because for 4 years she was complaining about "gimmick posters" ruining her dang wrasslin threads on both GAF and RE. Including posters that were some how ruining the thread despite being banned. (like me, but not just me).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wp-women-rate-strongest-men-most-attractive-linear-relationship-strength-attractiveness.11343/page-3#post-2172360
Overtly verbose academic seriousness, which may or may not be entirely performative and in itself in jest, in response to the written expression of another individual's statement of humorous intent.... is sort of my thing.

Now if your academically styled analysis of said person's intended to be humours statement was absolutely made in earnest then I guess you may proceed... but I'd note I find your findings and arguments to be lacking.
:dead

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #6766 on: December 16, 2017, 08:06:36 AM »

In hindsight this was the moment Hillary lost. The moment her advisers told her to campaign against 4chan and not just have them bathe in their own poop.
:fbm

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6767 on: December 16, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
:drudge I have an exclusive photo of Hansel and his sister as children. Thanks benji for the doxx. :drudge
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Ah yes, my favourite story.

Two aryan kids taking some old woman's belongings. Then shoving her in the oven.

Edit: Oh... Wait...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoilers
[close]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:05:06 AM by HardcoreRetro »

benjipwns

« Reply #6768 on: December 16, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »
They straight up started literally eating her house, probably some meth junkies. More or less confirmed by their whole looting her house after murdering her.

Like we're seriously supposed to believe the whole "she was a witch who was going to eat us" story they came up with. And they claimed they rode a duck home? Like they weren't hopped up on something.

Plus their own family was going to leave them in the woods due to the trouble they caused at home. Awfully convenient that their mother also wound up dead. Absolutely zero witnesses to this story other than the father who they obviously paid off with the old woman's property.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6769 on: December 16, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
Think about it. Who beside witches also have large noses?

Hansel and Gretel alt-right confirmed.

Himu

« Reply #6770 on: December 16, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »
I may have confused on the beard story, I just remember it being an odd thing to be angry about. And excelsiorlef has some anger issues, Dax, well, for a while at least, was more grounded. I literally can't remember that ever being the case for our Resettlement Advisor.

And the rest I'm pretty sure is right? She did destroy the Transphobic Cindi a few weeks ago.

Real life will destroy those people when they demand they be taken seriously as women and don't shave and then wonder why straight men won't fuck them. :lol But then again, pretty much all trans people who have views like that are transbians so it isn't a shock that straight trans women like myself just have higher standards.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #6771 on: December 16, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
Don't say that about me...er...wait...one of these is accurate. Er wait, I mean I'm not Hansel, why would anyone ever think that?

I wouldn't doubt this... :p

This whole conversation could have been avoided if we didn't forget three key details:
1. Excelsoirlef's grasp of modern politics is derived entirely from the sources of the late PoliGAF bubble. This includes how basic things Americans take for granted operate, like say Congress, so if there hasn't been a Vox explainer on the subject, she wings it. And by wings it, I mean says everything bad is the Republicans fault always.
2. Excelsoirlef's grasp of ancient history extends back to 2011, maybe.
3. Excelsoirlef is Canadian. Lives in Canada. And from the one time I ever read the Canadian PoliGAF thread is probably even less informed about Canadian politics.

And also like none of this in the charming way of that guy who's trapped on NeoGAF.com because he refuses to be a traitor, whose username I forget who was protesting Trump's inauguration by refusing to watch it, but then watched it anyway. Then we found out he's like 50.

Well, that post really summed Excel up for me. I think the real reason she hates Republicans is simply because everything she subscribes to tells her to hate Republicans. Again, this is not about whether or not there are valid reasons to disagree with the Republican party, it is just that She comes across as never actually taking the time to figure out what is about the Republican party she disagrees with. Instead it is just a label in which she ascribes everything bad in the world to. Of course the Republicans were responsible for segregation, why wouldn't they be?

This is related to why people like Excel will think everyone with a different opinion is automatically Alt-Right, or a Nazi. They have opinions that are in opposition to her own. Of course they are evil. She has probably never actually thought about it. It is purely that she subscribes to a specific worldview and that informs her on what to say and what to think.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:18:41 AM by Leadbelly »

« Reply #6772 on: December 16, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »
plz stop calling Excelsioref Excel.

One is a maniac delusional idiot cluelessly supporting evil in the name of an idealogical organization.

the other is an amusing anime character

Leadbelly

« Reply #6773 on: December 16, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »
plz stop calling Excelsioref Excel.

One is a maniac delusional idiot cluelessly supporting evil in the name of an idealogical organization.

the other is an amusing anime character

I can never remember what her username is. I just know it begins with Excel. :p

etiolate

« Reply #6774 on: December 16, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »
i just realized that username is excelsoir lef, like someone trying to cast a spell while suffering from a lisp.

Harry Potter books made a generation of simple minded moralistic semi-adults that think they're fighting real evil via their sitcom choices.

Clockwork5

« Reply #6775 on: December 16, 2017, 01:24:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2200552/

What do you think folks, deserving of a perm?
I think I have drag queen phobia lol. I can’t stand the sight of them. It’s kind of a natural response I have from years of social conditioning for things to be a certain way.

This social conditioning is an important concept, because it leads into what I feel needs to be said about “phobias” towards certain groups of people, and this seems like a good place to do it.

Bear with me here and let’s put on our sociological thinking caps and leave our immediate emotional responses at the door for a moment.

It's fascinating to me how everyone is patting themselves on the back for not being homophobic anymore when being "pedophobic" (or fear of pedophiles) for lack of a better term, is perfectly socially acceptable by the same people. In fact, if one is not afraid of them and/or are sympathetic, one is often ostracized. Threads discussing the issue are immediately closed. Users are warned for defending pedophilia. Pedophiles are shamed and hateful language is universally used by everyone when discussing them despite the fact that it is something they have no control over, just like homosexuality.

The fact that a group of people are hated for something they can’t control is just how homosexuality was treated in the 1950s, and the fact that they were grouped in with pedophiles helps drive my point home.

Society is definitely not ready for this discussion, but I believe that it will happen one day.

I hope that I am not labeled as “defending pedophilia” because I am not. I simply stating they are so hated and despised that even questioning if we have our view wrong is snuffed out in an instant, and maybe we should try to change that view, because the hatred of a group of people that are born into these situations is never a good model for a society.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6776 on: December 16, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2199468/

What was accomplished? People held up witty signs and patted themselves on the back for their efforts. Then they went home.

Welcome to 99% of demonstrations ?
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6777 on: December 16, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2203150/

And curiously in line with Kremlin style propaganda and alt-right talking points, intentional or not. "Give up, he won."
maybe we should ban them since they love censorship so much

:neogaf
ὕβρις

Leadbelly

« Reply #6778 on: December 16, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »

I think I have drag queen phobia lol. I can’t stand the sight of them. It’s kind of a natural response I have from years of social conditioning for things to be a certain way.

This social conditioning is an important concept, because it leads into what I feel needs to be said about “phobias” towards certain groups of people, and this seems like a good place to do it.

Bear with me here and let’s put on our sociological thinking caps and leave our immediate emotional responses at the door for a moment.

It's fascinating to me how everyone is patting themselves on the back for not being homophobic anymore when being "pedophobic" (or fear of pedophiles) for lack of a better term, is perfectly socially acceptable by the same people. In fact, if one is not afraid of them and/or are sympathetic, one is often ostracized. Threads discussing the issue are immediately closed. Users are warned for defending pedophilia. Pedophiles are shamed and hateful language is universally used by everyone when discussing them despite the fact that it is something they have no control over, just like homosexuality.

The fact that a group of people are hated for something they can’t control is just how homosexuality was treated in the 1950s, and the fact that they were grouped in with pedophiles helps drive my point home.

Society is definitely not ready for this discussion, but I believe that it will happen one day.

I hope that I am not labeled as “defending pedophilia” because I am not. I simply stating they are so hated and despised that even questioning if we have our view wrong is snuffed out in an instant, and maybe we should try to change that view, because the hatred of a group of people that are born into these situations is never a good model for a society.

I can't quite figure out what the OP thinks the purpose of the discussion is without in some way defending paedophilia.

Jansen

« Reply #6779 on: December 16, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »

"Bear with me here and let’s put on our sociological thinking caps and leave our immediate emotional responses at the door for a moment."

deserved. they tried playing the intellectual and lost.