Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174365 times)

wsippel

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1140 on: November 07, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/606908/
Quote from: memoryman3, post: 606908, member: 8163
I think Rosalina is a good example of sexualised design...
:what

Can we talk about how fucking dumb the term "sexualized" is in the first place? The term implies that something happened to those characters, that they were pure, chaste, innocent girls and the evil character designers did something degrading and obscene to them. In reality, the characters were almost always designed that way from the start. In many cases, it's the only reason for their existence - author appeal and all that. This is what those characters are, bikini armor and combat heels and all. In many cases, the designs actually get toned down for release. In those cases, they're not sexualized, they are de-sexualized if anything, because somebody else, usually the marketing department, had an issue with the original design.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1142 on: November 07, 2017, 01:25:55 PM »
What is that "Original Poster" tag on Resetti?

I guess the OP of a thread is flagged as such in said thread ?
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1143 on: November 07, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
What is that "Original Poster" tag on Resetti?

Apparently OPs get that tag in the threads they started. Much important such tag wow.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1144 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »

Putting aside your other laughable commentary, one cannot make a unique experience for gamers by continuing to only cater to a small sliver of sexist, racist morons too afraid of The Other to embrace the creativity that diversity brings to the table. That way lies stagnation.

This post has me scratching my head. They should be catering to their audience which is overwhelmingly male. The majority of which aren't really asking for any of this crap, they just want to play a good game. That's not to say they can't cope with having a strong female character or minority, they're just not interested in the preachy, social justice worldview that these people are trying to push on to them.

The whole 'diversity brings creativity' bit I find especially irritating because in reality all it will bring is an incredibly sanitised experience devoid of all risk. The thing is, these people are never satisfied. It then becomes something about the way the minority or female is portrayed in the game; what she is wearing; certain scenes will be viewed as 'problematic' (e.g. TLoU2); It will be criticised for not having the right tone; The overarching message is not preachy enough. Basically catering to these people means limiting your artistic freedom through fear of upsetting whatever group decides to take issue with it. It's like making a game for a religious fundamentlist. You'll just be walking on egg shells the whole time.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:09:20 PM by Leadbelly »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1145 on: November 07, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »
Again, I've said it, so many times. But I'm still surprised that a generation that grew up with more freedom around sex and race than those before (not saying it's perfect, but certainly better than it was around our parent's age) would grow up to become neo-puritans.

And the thing is, from all the confessions and dickpics and non-anonymous confessions I got in PMs and the confessional, I know for a fact some of these puritans are just as bad as the people they deride. And again, having dealt with a puritanical religion that I was born into and didn't have much choice but to join, I'm constantly surprised how many people just so fervently throw themselves into the same toxic behavior out of choice. Why would you choose to do that? There's always someone more pure, there's always someone better, there's always someone more dedicated than you. That path leads to madness. Why follow it?
que

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1146 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »
What is pure?

Novid

« Reply #1147 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »

:goldberg
Where the heck is this from?

Patrick Klepeck enjoying Yakuza 0.
and he can still get his ass kicked.

Novid

« Reply #1149 on: November 07, 2017, 01:55:48 PM »
Again, I've said it, so many times. But I'm still surprised that a generation that grew up with more freedom around sex and race than those before (not saying it's perfect, but certainly better than it was around our parent's age) would grow up to become neo-puritans.

And the thing is, from all the confessions and dickpics and non-anonymous confessions I got in PMs and the confessional, I know for a fact some of these puritans are just as bad as the people they deride. And again, having dealt with a puritanical religion that I was born into and didn't have much choice but to join, I'm constantly surprised how many people just so fervently throw themselves into the same toxic behavior out of choice. Why would you choose to do that? There's always someone more pure, there's always someone better, there's always someone more dedicated than you. That path leads to madness. Why follow it?
They are boring people given delusions of grandeur by a education system that is wreaked, media marketplace full of demons, and corporate ad men that gives these boring people the illusion that are somebody worth anything...
The reality is somebody from the place they were born and raised needed to slap them upside the head and tell them they aint worth shit until proven otherwise.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1150 on: November 07, 2017, 01:57:24 PM »

it's always been the same. It's like that french saying, "The more things change, the more things stay the same". We're biological beings with natural impluses. That is not to excuse certain behaviour, there is definitely a way in which we should conduct ourselves, it's just that you have to be realisitic. Some things are not so simple to fix, and certainly not when you deny the biological aspect of behaviour. You need to have a complete understanding of an issue before you can solve it.

When you take this into account it's not surprising how hypocritical some of these people are.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1151 on: November 07, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
I guess the OP of a thread is flagged as such in said thread ?
Apparently OPs get that tag in the threads they started. Much important such tag wow.
Makes sense. Reddit does that too and I dig it.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1153 on: November 07, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »
Even the Capcom thread about positive sales results/stock surge gets derailed by concern trolling switch boys, mod warning yet again handed out against someone daring to take jab at the same blatant console warriors/manchildren.  :doge

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1154 on: November 07, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
Didn't know TheBore had so many Samsung stans ::)
I actually like Apple, but the cult is real. I don't like that aspect at all.

It has loyal fans but I wouldn't call it a cult. I'm always on the Apple and iPhone subreddits and they're pretty usually critical of Apple's shitty design decisions and things competitors do better (no headphone jack, notch on screen, etc). Honestly, the whole "Apple-sheep" is far more annoying and widespread than the Apple cult.

apple and iphone subreddits critical of "Apple's shitty design decisions and things competitors do better" yet still continue to give money to Apple for overpriced shit..  or the fact you can build a PC for half the price of a Mac using better hardware than if you bought a Mac... so they make objectively bad decisions and yet still give up their money for nothing more than brand recognition/feels

b-b-but not sheep or a cult guys!!!!

Pills Here

« Reply #1156 on: November 07, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/

This thread is triggering me hard.

How dare they insult my Ivy! :punch

You know what?  Ivy stands out-- Instantly recognizable.  Hilde is generic as hell and completely forgettable.
:idont

It's nice to see an attempt there to at least try to make a point that "sexy" characters are OK, but the thread is still garbage.  Never get tired of seeing all the people who think females showing skin are "gross" and that characters who are completely covered up are "great designs" for no other reason than that.

Well yeah but:

(Image removed from quote.)

wtf is this?

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty

wsippel

« Reply #1162 on: November 07, 2017, 03:50:02 PM »
An example would be Kidman in Evil Within 1, some of the shoes in RE6 (though at least Helena has wide heels, make a little bit more sense) too. Please note I put brackets for realism and seriousness because heh... But still those are soldiers, cops and special agents entering trouble within their duties. Plus I don't think wearing flat sole shoes would radically change any of the designs.
I'm fine with Ada Wong because the character was always exuberant and absurd from the start and she's obviously a femme fatale.

As a bit of a high heel fetishist, I can not really agree with that assessment...

Pills Here

« Reply #1163 on: November 07, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/papa-johns-pleads-for-nazis-to-not-buy-their-pizza-after-daily-stormer-endorsement.4336/page-4#post-645737

am I the only person that thinks bishoptl's remark is inappropriate? :/

It's refreshing that the cretins aren't lining up to slobber on his dick. Also to see him being put in his place  :cop

tummyfat

« Reply #1164 on: November 07, 2017, 03:51:37 PM »
demi had to post for the reirom thread.

« Reply #1165 on: November 07, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »

Putting aside your other laughable commentary, one cannot make a unique experience for gamers by continuing to only cater to a small sliver of sexist, racist morons too afraid of The Other to embrace the creativity that diversity brings to the table. That way lies stagnation.

This post has me scratching my head. They should be catering to their audience which is overwhelmingly male. The majority of which aren't really asking for any of this crap, they just want to play a good game. That's not to say they can't cope with having a strong female character or minority, they're just not interested in the preachy, social justice worldview that these people are trying to push on to them.

The whole 'diversity brings creativity' bit I find especially irritating because in reality all it will bring is an incredibly sanitised experience devoid of all risk. The thing is, these people are never satisfied. It then becomes something about the way the minority or female is portrayed in the game; what she is wearing; certain scenes will be viewed as 'problematic' (e.g. TLoU2); It will be criticised for not having the right tone; The overarching message is not preachy enough. Basically catering to these people means limiting your artistic freedom through fear of upsetting whatever group decides to take issue with it. It's like making a game for a religious fundamentlist. You'll just be walking on egg shells the whole time.
I just like that he said “to only cater to a small sliver of sexist, racist morons too afraid of The Other to embrace the creativity that diversity brings to the table.” to a black guy, and called the rest of his post “laughable.”  :doge
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:02:43 PM by LurkinMerkin »

tummyfat

« Reply #1167 on: November 07, 2017, 03:55:13 PM »
I'd report the bish post with the insult, but you know the mods are probably going to be preferential towards his bullshit

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1168 on: November 07, 2017, 03:57:55 PM »
demi had to post for the reirom thread.

I pay my respect where its due

Look at this

I was the piepiewdie pew Back in my time halo 2 leak was epic
fat

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1169 on: November 07, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/657280/

Ban inc.  :-* And not to the racist dude if i may add.  :lol

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1170 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »
Didn't know who reirom is but look what shows up when you Google his name.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=3499.0

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #1171 on: November 07, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »

i see a ban inc, tbh. resetera would be hypocritical if they ban a brown gay poster for that post

etiolate

« Reply #1172 on: November 07, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »

"if he looks like a racist"

???

The Papa John dude looks like the most boring white dad.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1173 on: November 07, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »
Imagine the drama that would ensue if the fanboys of bish saw one of these red banners above his post. They can't have their forum crumble at this point already.

tummyfat

« Reply #1174 on: November 07, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »
It's a little suspicious that benji stops posting and then reirom starts posting.

Let me connect those dots for you.

What I'm saying here is that benji is reirom.

Jansen

« Reply #1175 on: November 07, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »
Even the Capcom thread about positive sales results/stock surge gets derailed by concern trolling switch boys, mod warning yet again handed out against someone daring to take jab at the same blatant console warriors/manchildren.  :doge

To be expected since the site was formed by nintendrones and they let in obnoxious fanboys like acebandage.

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #1176 on: November 07, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
i sent a message to sweetnicole i dunno if she will respond

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1177 on: November 07, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »
Does this avatar look familiar?

https://www.resetera.com/members/zelda.5173/

Where have I seen that before? :dunno

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1456950

:donot :goty

Jansen

« Reply #1178 on: November 07, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/members/mauricio_magus.1295/

well they let pedo magus in so amirox shouldn't be far behind, right?

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #1179 on: November 07, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »

i see a ban inc, tbh. resetera would be hypocritical if they ban a brown gay poster for that post

she responded to me. the moderating team found nothing wrong with what bishoptl said

« Reply #1180 on: November 07, 2017, 05:49:19 PM »

she responded to me. the moderating team found nothing wrong with what bishoptl said
You’re probably on a list of troublemakers now.

etiolate

« Reply #1181 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »
special rules for the old school tools

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #1182 on: November 07, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »

You’re probably on a list of troublemakers now.

bishoptl's post was inflammatory at best. disappointed but eh whatever

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1183 on: November 07, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »

Why are people that don’t know who reirom is posting here? We need an entrance exam.
serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1184 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »

Jeez, Labor/Massive Duck couldn't wait to get his tongue up Bish's b-hole.  He probably missed that.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1185 on: November 07, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »
I got a warning for something I said, I hope you guys don't think less of me now that i'm tainited

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1186 on: November 07, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »
I wonder if these resetgaffers are this bad in person. Surely, they can't be right? Everyone seems to be worse online.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1187 on: November 07, 2017, 06:35:36 PM »
bishoptl's post was inflammatory at best. disappointed but eh whatever

What strikes me actually is how people like Bish will always read the worst possible intentions into everything people say. It's not just Bish doing this in the thread.

Here's another example:
Racism is broad, wide-reaching, engrained into our culture, and deeply systemic. To not notice "shades of gray" racism and blatant dog whistling is some woeful ignorance, or just a general acceptance of your average every day racism.

I find people like this absolutely insufferable. It's not just that he jumps to the worst possible interpretation and presents it as fact, it's the condescending manner in which he responds.

It doesn't even matter if it turns out to be right, it doesn't change the fact that the logic in which he reached that conclusion is ultimately flawed.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1188 on: November 07, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
Can't wait for icecream threads on ResetEra.
ὕβρις

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1189 on: November 07, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »

Why are people that don’t know who reirom is posting here? We need an entrance exam.

You'll still feel old regardless if I know reirom or not :trumps

Borgnine

« Reply #1190 on: November 07, 2017, 06:49:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-to-fight-revenge-porn-by-letting-potential-victims-upload-nudes-in-advance.4597/#post-656778

the mods are really power tripping with this feature

it seems they love to make themselves heard with that giant red banner USER WUZ WARNED FOR DIS POST :derp

it's a bad joke, but so what? you gotta comment on that shit? if you think it's bad taste, fucking post that then, instead of doing this user warning bullshit

it's amazing how petty it gets sometimes, there's so many other examples

Didn't even know that was for me until I clicked your link. I didn't get a notification or a message. How is that a warning if I don't even know about it. I'm not obsessively rechecking my posts to make sure no one was offended. And honestly if I'm already pushing the limit with that lame fucking joke I won't be long for that forum.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1191 on: November 07, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
I got a warning for something I said, I hope you guys don't think less of me now that i'm tainited
Eh, I've always misread your username as Trashhuman anyway. So, not really possible.

:trumps
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1192 on: November 07, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
Borgnine! You son of a bitch! Happy to see you.
que

Borgnine

« Reply #1194 on: November 07, 2017, 06:53:49 PM »
Dude I've been here since the Rapeocolypse.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
Next logical thread is someone boasting about being beautiful and how you should be careful not to offend the better looking.  :lol

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1196 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »
Still happy :uguu
que

imbarkus

« Reply #1197 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »

Same same. Howdy.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1198 on: November 07, 2017, 07:03:44 PM »

Are you really surprised? It's GAF 2.0.

Rman

« Reply #1199 on: November 07, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »

Are you really surprised? It's GAF 2.0.

Surprised how quickly it happened.  It's the same place.  Not shitting on the mods or admins, but the community does make the forum.