Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174517 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17640 on: February 21, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »
All of those things are a result of the patriarchy, and plenty of men and women buy into it.

reactionary and silly. Frustrating, really.

You said it, my man/woman.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17641 on: February 21, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
Not “relate” to the gender. AM the gender. Both, together, at all times.

Also I rarely, if ever, get offended for men lol.

This seems contradictory.

I'm a man and rarely, if ever, get offended for men.

Not sure why you think that would be contradictory.

To be precise, I didn't say it was contradictory, but seems so.

This disconnect for you, as it would seem to be for cream, is that you just don't truly realize or contemplate the male experience. For example, "men feel they can't express emotions" quickly followed by "male complaints are whining and reactionary".

If you're really being an active thinker then you poke at the seeming contradiction and then the real contradiction emerges.

Oh, stop. I obviously meant whenever men are whining about diversity or inclusion or afraid of “witch hunts” against them. The patriarchy has made it so that equality seems like oppression to them.

There obviously many many legitimate reasons for a man to express his emotions.

the patriarchy

Cream, there's a good chance that most of what you've been taught is bullshit.

When you hear the word inclusion, is it often paired with a list of people and things that will be excluded in order to create an inclusive place?  And do those things tend to be "boys" or "men" things? Because we expect men to just deal with it?

In other words, can men only express themselves if its the proper and accepted emotions?

No that’s silly and I’ve never been taught that.  A lot of men need to be educated and society as a whole needs to chip away at all the societal norms and harmful effects of the patriarchy that we proliferate with each generation. I think harmful, dangerous people should be “excluded”, whatever that means. Still educated, but away from others.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #17642 on: February 21, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »
“Man is cut open by cartel (now with sound)” should be up for best picture instead of that Call Me By Your Name garbo. I saw new things, I heard new things. Very innovative and it defies expectations. You will not forget the ending.
I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel?

I’m too unmotivated and lazy to cut myself. I live vicariously through Mexican cartel murder videos. They seem pretty talented at it.
Yeah all those vids (going by descriptions I’ve read) are wild on a level I can’t really comprehend... dudes getting skinned alive, dismembered, gouged apart in chunks and so on. Allot the soundtrack of lovely bouncy Mexican folk pop, apparently.

What makes them so cold is that the people doing the slicing and dicing are ALWAYS chill about it. No reactions to the enormous pain they’re inflicting and no hesitation in doing what they’re doing. They’ve clearly done this before. Maybe many times. And there are a lot of these videos. As in multiple new ones every week.

They are desensitized very early on to this stuff, the whole narco cultura is built to be this way. The worse is that there parts of the mexican army that are barely any better.

How can I get that desensitized? Watching the videos clearly isn’t enough.
It's been part of the culture since the Aztec days.

1. I wish my largely Irish ancestry granted me such a super power.

2. Maybe this is why I’m so attracted to latinos.
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #17643 on: February 21, 2018, 04:52:40 PM »
Yeah. Same with ISIS vids. Last ISIS vid that really got to me was the little kid cutting a dude’s throat. The kid looks liked he was about 7 or 8 iirc. I’m more into weirder deaths.
Yikes. My son is almost 7 and still struggles with the mom dying in guardians of the galaxy :( :usacry
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #17644 on: February 21, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »

This disconnect for you, as it would seem to be for cream, is that you just don't truly realize or contemplate the male experience. For example, "men feel they can't express emotions" quickly followed by "male complaints are whining and reactionary".

If you're really being an active thinker then you poke at the seeming contradiction and then the real contradiction emerges.

Oh, stop. I obviously meant whenever men are whining about diversity or inclusion or afraid of “witch hunts” against them. The patriarchy has made it so that equality seems like oppression to them.

the patriarchy

When you hear the word inclusion, is it often paired with a list of people and things that will be excluded in order to create an inclusive place?  And do those things tend to be "boys" or "men" things? Because we expect men to just deal with it?

In other words, can men only express themselves if its the proper and accepted emotions?

No that’s silly and I’ve never been taught that.  A lot of men need to be educated and society as a whole needs to chip away at all the societal norms and harmful effects of the patriarchy that we proliferate with each generation. I think harmful, dangerous people should be “excluded”, whatever that means. Still educated, but away from others.

have you not been following studies coming out of the most progressive countries and what happens when women and men have 'equality' ?

Here i'll help you: None of the women give a fuck about STEM. And they tend to want men to be MEN in the traditional sense.   :doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17645 on: February 21, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
Lol I wake up and this thread is now eshitter and fucking Cream of all people talking gender politics at each other? Ugh :jeanluc

TVC15

« Reply #17646 on: February 21, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »
Lol I wake up and this thread is now eshitter and fucking Cream of all people talking gender politics at each other? Ugh :jeanluc

Isn’t it great? At least Cream isn’t a pussy like a certain blue muppet.
serge

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #17647 on: February 21, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »
Bring Lionpride back and leper Cream.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17648 on: February 21, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »
1. The fuck did you guys write over 4 pages today.

2. Why does it looks like it reads like a politics ratatata thread.

3. I just come out of a 15h work day so have some mercy for fuck's sake.

Cream

« Reply #17649 on: February 21, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »

the patriarchy

have you not been following studies coming out of the most progressive countries and what happens when women and men have 'equality' ?

Here i'll help you: None of the women give a fuck about STEM. And they tend to want men to be MEN in the traditional sense.   :doge

I think you got that wrong.  The studies show that in America where there is slightly more gender equality the women aren’t going into stem as much as countries where there is a lot less gender equality.  And I think that’s really interesting and there could be a bunch of different reasons for it.  There’s not actually any country as far as I know we’re men and women have complete equality so you can’t really say that oh hurrr even if you give men and women equality women and men are still exactly the same.

Was this supposed to be an argument against the concept of equality? Lol.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17650 on: February 21, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »
“Man is cut open by cartel (now with sound)” should be up for best picture instead of that Call Me By Your Name garbo. I saw new things, I heard new things. Very innovative and it defies expectations. You will not forget the ending.
I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel?

I’m too unmotivated and lazy to cut myself. I live vicariously through Mexican cartel murder videos. They seem pretty talented at it.
Yeah all those vids (going by descriptions I’ve read) are wild on a level I can’t really comprehend... dudes getting skinned alive, dismembered, gouged apart in chunks and so on. Allot the soundtrack of lovely bouncy Mexican folk pop, apparently.

What makes them so cold is that the people doing the slicing and dicing are ALWAYS chill about it. No reactions to the enormous pain they’re inflicting and no hesitation in doing what they’re doing. They’ve clearly done this before. Maybe many times. And there are a lot of these videos. As in multiple new ones every week.

They are desensitized very early on to this stuff, the whole narco cultura is built to be this way. The worse is that there parts of the mexican army that are barely any better.

How can I get that desensitized? Watching the videos clearly isn’t enough.
It's been part of the culture since the Aztec days.

Many of us have also European ancestry... though is not much better if you consider the colonization efforts were also brutal.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #17651 on: February 21, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
resetti went down so now we're stocked full with guests and cream came back? get a life, chump lurkers

also imagine being dumb enough to want to argue with assimilate :lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #17652 on: February 21, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »
These competing gender and cartel torture quote ziggurats :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #17653 on: February 21, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
I like turtles.
Fish<

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #17654 on: February 21, 2018, 05:00:16 PM »
if a cartel cuts off someone's dick do they they become a woman or just bigendered?

Cream

« Reply #17655 on: February 21, 2018, 05:00:27 PM »
resetti went down so now we're stocked full with guests and cream came back? get a life, chump lurkers

I can at least tell you the more I talk to him the more I’m laughing at myself for ever being upset about anything he said about me

Cream

« Reply #17656 on: February 21, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »
if a cartel cuts off someone's dick do they they become a woman or just bigendered?

The genitals you have don’t determine your gender. So no to either.

Raist

« Reply #17657 on: February 21, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
MODS PLS

BisMarckie

« Reply #17658 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »
FF IV > FF VIi > Every other Final Fantasy is the same weeb trash.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #17659 on: February 21, 2018, 05:05:31 PM »
FF IV > FF VIi > Every other Final Fantasy is the same weeb trash.

You meant FF VI

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #17660 on: February 21, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »
Everyone from Reee wandering back into GAF during maintenance is like

Fish<

Rahxephon91

« Reply #17661 on: February 21, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »
The Last Jedi is bad and it has nothing to do with the women stuff.

TVC15

« Reply #17662 on: February 21, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »

What started as a discussion on cartel murder videos has evolved into me Instagram stalking the go go boys from the Latino gay club two blocks from my apartment.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #17663 on: February 21, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
I can at least tell you the more I talk to him the more I’m laughing at myself for ever being upset about anything he said about me
And now you've learned what everyone else here knew for quite a while. Now remember not to use his moronic opinions to generalize the rest of us as being that distinguished mentally-challenged. Same goes for Sloptimus.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17664 on: February 21, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »
Maybe they’re all strung out on drugs.

Hardly. If you have the stomach to behead one person, you have the stomach to behead them all. A lot of these folks are stone-cold. I don't deny that drugs may factor in a little, but I highly doubt it for a lot of these folks.

etiolate

« Reply #17665 on: February 21, 2018, 05:10:02 PM »

the patriarchy

You have been taught that, but your self-awareness is so poor that you can't recognize your own logic. Your responses are products of conditioned behavior. Read up on the history of this thinking. It's very, very bad.

I am curious where you got these ideas from. School? Social media?

I'll put an explanation of The Patriarchy below, but I am curious where you get this stuff.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Patriarchy as a feminist idea is a constructivist misunderstanding of evolutionary hierarchies which can occasionally end up oppressive but are not necessarily so by design. They are not socially engineered things, so trying to change them socially is either futile or homicidal. And oppression is very complex. It's a multi-factor experience of the advantages and disadvantages of various traits and circumstances, and many times one trait is an advantage while also a disadvantage. Oppression based views tend to rely on a naive idea of power as always monolithic and top-down. That top-down monolothic view is not how life works.

You are dealing in outdated ideas.
[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #17666 on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics was alright as well.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #17667 on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »
Cream: Sweet Nicole, Excelsiorlef, EightbitNate. Fuck marry or kill?
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #17668 on: February 21, 2018, 05:13:30 PM »
Yeah. Same with ISIS vids. Last ISIS vid that really got to me was the little kid cutting a dude’s throat. The kid looks liked he was about 7 or 8 iirc. I’m more into weirder deaths.
Yikes. My son is almost 7 and still struggles with the mom dying in guardians of the galaxy :( :usacry
:goldberg

Marhunchy

« Reply #17669 on: February 21, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
Oh hi Cream

Sorry if i said you were bipolar, I've probably got you confused with someone else

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17670 on: February 21, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »
(Stuff)

Let's update an oldie but a goodie:

quote author=nachobro link=topic=45218.msg2383267#msg2383267 date=1519190601

/quote

TVC15

« Reply #17671 on: February 21, 2018, 05:14:27 PM »

As in it’s the best game with “Final Fantasy” in the title.
serge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #17672 on: February 21, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »
I'll put an explanation of The Patriarchy below, but I am curious where you get this stuff.
Derrida annihilated.
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #17673 on: February 21, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »

That’s the spirit!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #17674 on: February 21, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
Pay no attention to these meanies, cream. I care  :smug

nudemacusers

« Reply #17675 on: February 21, 2018, 05:16:29 PM »

The genitals you have don’t determine your gender. So no to either.
nachbro annihilated
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #17676 on: February 21, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »

It's magical. I almost joined the TVC talk, but I can't find the research on repeated extreme stimuli's impact on the mind.

BisMarckie

« Reply #17677 on: February 21, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »
You know which game sucks?
Final Fantasy IX

If I wanted to read patriarchy related discussions I would have gone to RE :snob
[close]

Raist

« Reply #17678 on: February 21, 2018, 05:20:26 PM »

As in it’s the best game with “Final Fantasy” in the title.

Give this man a medal.

Marhunchy

« Reply #17679 on: February 21, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
You know which game sucks?
Final Fantasy IX

If I wanted to read patriarchy related discussions I would have gone to RE :snob
[close]

They basically killed a franchise with it

TVC15

« Reply #17680 on: February 21, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »

It's magical. I almost joined the TVC talk, but I can't find the research on repeated extreme stimuli's impact on the mind.

I’d actually be interested in that if you get bored enough to find a link.
serge

Rahxephon91

« Reply #17681 on: February 21, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
The Rey stuff is fine. Good even.

TLJ is like if the Han and Leia stuff was boring and went nowhere in Empire. The entire other half of TLJ feels pointless and uninteresting. It dosent expand on the universe. Dosent push the plot anywhere. And the characters feel like they are just spinning thier wheels.

Jansen

« Reply #17682 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:23 PM »
TLJ is great and rahxephon continues to be a moron

BisMarckie

« Reply #17683 on: February 21, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
It's almost like as if Star Wars has always been a dumb story for children...

TVC15

« Reply #17684 on: February 21, 2018, 05:37:52 PM »
Watch better movies.
serge

Jansen

« Reply #17685 on: February 21, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »
eat shit cunts

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17686 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:05 PM »
TLJ is great and rahxephon continues to be a moron
Wow. Such a gross post.
que

« Reply #17687 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:29 PM »
Cream actually shows up, people actually believe she (might) not be a troll and start showing sympathy (even though the very first thing she said about still waiting for her account to be approved is immediately shown to be a lie,) a long ass discussion of anarchism breaks out, then endless gender politics debates, and now people are defending modern day Star Wars.

How could such a series of events even happen?

hampster

« Reply #17688 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »
Cream: Rank the final fantasy games
Zzz

Jansen

« Reply #17689 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:53 PM »
glenn shinobi is worse than assimilate

TVC15

« Reply #17690 on: February 21, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »
Is Spider Baby any good? It’s playing at the Drafthouse tonight. Just asking because this is apparently a movie thread now.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #17691 on: February 21, 2018, 05:44:49 PM »

Mr. Beaks it's a little late to be waking up don't you think? 

etiolate

« Reply #17692 on: February 21, 2018, 05:45:19 PM »
Holdo made half the movie meaningless.

She serves the role of Lando's betrayal, but her destruction and separation of the team is played as though its heroic. It's assbackwards.

BisMarckie

« Reply #17693 on: February 21, 2018, 05:49:21 PM »
To come full circle:

Final Fantasy The Spirits Within is on par with most Star Wars movies....some are worse.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17694 on: February 21, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »
To come full circle:

Final Fantasy The Spirits Within is on par with most Star Wars movies....some are worse.
But only one set of those is made by Disney.
que

TVC15

« Reply #17695 on: February 21, 2018, 05:51:20 PM »
To come full circle:

But only one set of those is made by Disney.

Lucasfilm
serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17696 on: February 21, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »
What'd you expect? Some cartel member going: "Ew, ew, ew!" at whatever the fuck he's doing. Showing weakness in the video is basically a death sentence in that world.

Now I'm thinking that somewhere out there is a cartel murder video "blooper reel" with all the mistakes and stuff they had to cut out so they wouldn't look bad to all the other drug cartels.
dog

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17697 on: February 21, 2018, 05:54:43 PM »
Holdo made half the movie meaningless.

She serves the role of Lando's betrayal, but her destruction and separation of the team is played as though its heroic. It's assbackwards.

It's an artificial way to create tension and ends with the weird message that one shouldn't question authority and blindly follow orders.

Averon

« Reply #17698 on: February 21, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »
All we need is a post from Tyler showing contrition and responsibility and today will be complete.

nudemacusers

« Reply #17699 on: February 21, 2018, 06:00:20 PM »
What'd you expect? Some cartel member going: "Ew, ew, ew!" at whatever the fuck he's doing. Showing weakness in the video is basically a death sentence in that world.

Now I'm thinking that somewhere out there is a cartel murder video "blooper reel" with all the mistakes and stuff they had to cut out so they wouldn't look bad to all the other drug cartels.
Hopefully with the Benny hill theme and PiP of misc cartel members laughing at the clip.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽