Author Topic: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread  (Read 122350 times)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Re: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread
« Reply #900 on: December 24, 2018, 03:14:07 PM »
I don’t understand what he is trying to accomplish
WDW

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #901 on: December 24, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »
Apparently they're announcing felony charges against him today.

Which still doesn't make that video make any less crazy.

agrajag

« Reply #902 on: December 24, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
was that video supposed to be extremely creepy? I felt like he was going to rape me too, watching that.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #903 on: December 24, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »
Which still doesn't make that video make any less crazy.
Uh, doesn't that make it more crazy?
每天生气

paprikastaude

« Reply #904 on: December 24, 2018, 04:05:02 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #905 on: December 24, 2018, 11:47:01 PM »
Well, that's...something.
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #906 on: December 25, 2018, 01:01:55 AM »
I don’t understand what he is trying to accomplish
The purchase of NBC, obviously.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #907 on: December 25, 2018, 05:41:03 AM »
What the

paprikastaude

« Reply #908 on: December 25, 2018, 06:58:14 AM »
Dat kitschy ending noise to make the weirdness complete.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #909 on: December 25, 2018, 07:41:48 AM »
So far the people that took the blame or even apologized for even 'mild' #metoo accusations all got the short end of the stick. Everyone hates them and their careers are ruined.
While those that took the fight to their accusers or kept claiming they were innocent are equally hated but managed to achieve their goals and keep their careers.

The #metoo movement really ruined itself by having the likes of Kavanaugh show that it is better to turn it into a public circus and find supporters rather than keeping a low profile.
Especially because the older cases are hard to investigate and the news cycle eventually passes on a story with no new developments.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #910 on: December 25, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »
While those that took the fight to their accusers or kept claiming they were innocent are equally hated but managed to achieve their goals and keep their careers.

Cosby's in jail tho
dog

agrajag

« Reply #911 on: December 25, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
The #metoo movement really ruined itself by having the likes of Kavanaugh show that it is better to turn it into a public circus and find supporters rather than keeping a low profile.

:huh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #912 on: December 25, 2018, 11:09:35 AM »
"Oh, wait... you didn't see me die, did you?"

He wants to be back on House of Cards so badly. But didn't it end already?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #913 on: December 25, 2018, 02:27:39 PM »
"Oh, wait... you didn't see me die, did you?"

He wants to be back on House of Cards so badly. But didn't it end already?

Yes, it was a Dexter caliber ending and it's all his fault.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #914 on: June 12, 2019, 04:54:04 AM »
Max Landis : Round 2

It's not exactly clear what he is supposed to have done but considering many exes and ex-friends are alluding to him being a two faced manipulative toxic prick it's not looking too good.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #915 on: June 12, 2019, 05:29:14 AM »
him and Jay went around raping everyone

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #916 on: June 12, 2019, 06:08:55 AM »
Moore promised in the tweet to share more specifics about what she said she endured at the hands of Landis, at a later date.

'I have more to say, and will be doing so anonymously because the things he did to me are too humiliating for me to feel ok having my name attached to them, and I never want a person associating him with me EVER,' she said.
:confused

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #917 on: June 12, 2019, 06:32:14 AM »
Moore promised in the tweet to share more specifics about what she said she endured at the hands of Landis, at a later date.

'I have more to say, and will be doing so anonymously because the things he did to me are too humiliating for me to feel ok having my name attached to them, and I never want a person associating him with me EVER,' she said.

:what
Could make sense if several anonymized testimonies are planned to be released in a coordinated fashion.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #918 on: June 12, 2019, 06:44:17 AM »

:what
Could make sense if several anonymized testimonies are planned to be released in a coordinated fashion.
Lets get Putin on this stat

nudemacusers

« Reply #919 on: June 12, 2019, 06:53:10 AM »
Never trust a man with rainbow hair.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #920 on: June 12, 2019, 07:43:21 AM »

yeah, that ain't gonna work out for ya chief

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #921 on: June 12, 2019, 08:12:15 AM »
As much as I hate Max Landis' output on a professional level (and he seemed a fucking moron in the one interview I read) i'm not jumping on any bandwagons without knowing what he's supposed to have done.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #922 on: June 12, 2019, 10:56:35 AM »
I don't care what he has or hasn't done, he should be killed
newsfeed pls
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #923 on: June 12, 2019, 11:05:03 AM »
him and Jay went around raping everyone

Stay safe, Macaulay.

"Hey kid, what are you doing?" Stoklasa asks Culkin.

"Well, I'm looking for things to point at Milwaukee, but I don't know what to do," Culkin responded.

"My filthy van is right over there. Come with me and I'll show you some things you can point at," Stoklasa said.

OK. Creepy.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #924 on: June 12, 2019, 12:30:59 PM »
Good, fuck Max Landis. He should never be forgiven for making a Dirk Gently series without a fat Dirk.
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #926 on: June 18, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »
The Daily Beast has an article on Max Landis with several different accounts. Didn't read it but it ranges from being an insufferable abusive boyfriend to attempted rape(s) / rape(s) apparently. :cat

https://twitter.com/joshuatrank/status/1141043649456877568

I guess we'll take solace in the fact we didn't had to wait he clocked in 30 years in his career before being outed.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #927 on: June 18, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »
guess this headline didn't age well https://www.buzzfeed.com/jordanzakarin/max-landis-screenwriter-director-origin-story
The Amazing Origin Story Of A Hollywood Wonder Boy Learning To Use His Powers For Good, Not Evil

spoiler (click to show/hide)
why does this have no paragraphs
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #928 on: June 18, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
OK I know I shouldn't be laughing but...

At one point known as “the Colour Society” (a spelling that Landis allegedly insisted upon), Landis’ circle was an immediate draw for Julie, who first met Landis when she was relatively new to Los Angeles. “Max’s whole entire MO was, he had a special friend group, it’s very exclusive, and you’re lucky to be a part of it. He introduced me to almost every single one of my current friends.”

Lainey*, a former friend of Landis’ whose stint in the Colour Society overlapped with Julie’s, had a similar introduction to the circle. “Max was one of the first people I met when I moved to Los Angeles. He had amassed this huge group of really cool people that he would get together for ridiculous activities. One-hundred person Nerf battles and elaborate theme parties which he casually spent 50K on.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/max-landis-8-women-accuse-hollywood-filmmaker-of-emotional-and-sexual-abuse-were-not-people-to-him
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #929 on: June 18, 2019, 02:45:56 PM »
yep, sounds like Max Landis

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #930 on: June 18, 2019, 02:47:37 PM »
“He jokingly called me a ‘paint cat’ in reference to the ill-fated feline who tries desperately to escape the clutches of Pepe Le Pew"

:kobeyuck
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #931 on: June 18, 2019, 03:54:11 PM »
"He suggested we go to Disneyland and stay overnight."

Man he really is one of those vindictive nerds to a T mixed with some Richie Rich entitlement. Needy, sexually aggressive, toxic and controlling. Bragging about having "given" eating disorders to girlfriends (several !) and slapping food out of her GF's hand in front of his parents... Like what can you say ?

Edit : Of course he kept an Excel list of all the women he boned.   :gurl
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #932 on: June 18, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »
adult with no kids going to Disneyland, checks out

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #933 on: June 18, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »
"I’ve been a shitty guy, but I have never ever let it bleed into my work life. I’ve never had a sexual relationship with anybody on any set, I’ve never been inappropriate with anybody on a set."

Wow ! Give him a medal !
(Also, apparently, it might not be accurate...)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 04:10:17 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #934 on: June 18, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »
DID THEY SEE HIS BALLSACK?!
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #935 on: June 18, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
This is some really damning stuff and I'm glad to finally have substantive articles and interviews instead of just brisk tweets. Fuck Max Landis, this is some really slimy and outright disgusting behavior from someone who really should have had at least some degree of self awareness.

American Alien is still good though.
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #936 on: June 18, 2019, 04:32:35 PM »
I'd argue an American Werewolf in London or the Blues Brother is still what people would most likely associate with John Landis, if they know who he is. But the awful tragedy on Twilight Zone's set is not exactly a secret.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #937 on: June 18, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »
That Twilight Zone accident is like the nightmare scenario for anyone producing entertainment. People, from the technicians themselves to the producers, often cutting corners -for a variety of reasons- on safety rules, labor code and a lot of other little transgressions, pushing limits and risks to gain those marginal artistic edges, squeezing more or less reasonable overtime out of teams to keep with tight schedules, etc... 99% of the time it will go fine or only with minor injuries, moral bruises, spicy tales to joke about down the line or build the legend of showbusiness. When it doesn't, people die, you're responsible and it's never worth it.

I don't know where I'm going with that tangent : spare a thought for that pain in the ass co-worker who can't take a shit unless the rulebook is followed to the letter. He exists for a reason.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #938 on: June 18, 2019, 05:20:14 PM »
So, someone is going to lay charges against him with the authorities surely?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #939 on: June 18, 2019, 05:49:17 PM »
That Twilight Zone accident is like the nightmare scenario for anyone producing entertainment. People, from the technicians themselves to the producers, often cutting corners -for a variety of reasons- on safety rules, labor code and a lot of other little transgressions, pushing limits and risks to gain those marginal artistic edges, squeezing more or less reasonable overtime out of teams to keep with tight schedules, etc... 99% of the time it will go fine or only with minor injuries, moral bruises, spicy tales to joke about down the line or build the legend of showbusiness. When it doesn't, people die, you're responsible and it's never worth it.

I don't know where I'm going with that tangent : spare a thought for that pain in the ass co-worker who can't take a shit unless the rulebook is followed to the letter. He exists for a reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_and_television_accidents
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #940 on: June 18, 2019, 06:17:13 PM »
obv not.
I mean it's a long post and I got to at least 3 literal rape stories before closing the tab, surely there has to be at least a legal proceeding to see if they have enough to get him got.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #941 on: June 18, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »
obv not.

Yeah, but just wait until his dad finds out, heads are gonna roll.

:trumps
[close]
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #942 on: June 19, 2019, 02:20:56 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_and_television_accidents

Gotta admire how the industry manages to keep this on the down low (maybe another "lesson" learned from the Twilight Zone accident) because some of them read really bad.

Shooter (2016). On July 6, 2016, while filming a scene at Agua Dulce Airpark, actor Tom Sizemore accidentally ran over a stuntman. Sizemore was supposed to enter the Cadillac Escalade and stay there until the scene ended. The stunt coordinator told him not to pull out, but he did so regardless, not realizing that the stuntman was behind him.

Lone Operator (2013, unaired). During filming of this planned Discovery Channel series, cameraman Darren Rydstrom, cast member Michael Donatelli, and pilot David Gibbs were killed in a helicopter crash in Acton, California. Gibbs was not authorized by the FAA to fly during the morning hours, and he had his pilot's license suspended twice prior to the accident.

The Eagle (2011). When filming in a freezing river, actors have a mixture of boiling hot water and river water poured down their suits to stay warm. A crew member forgot to mix the hot water with the river water during filming; as a result, Channing Tatum was scalded with boiling water that burned the skin off the tip of his penis.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #943 on: June 19, 2019, 02:32:41 AM »
obv not.
I mean it's a long post and I got to at least 3 literal rape stories before closing the tab, surely there has to be at least a legal proceeding to see if they have enough to get him got.

No material evidence, most victims were in a relationship with Landis and probably had plenty of consensual sex during those, they only realized they were abused months or years after, victims most probably outgunned with regards to legal fees and lawyers, etc, etc...

It wouldn't be like that in an ideal world but it is what it is.
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #944 on: June 23, 2019, 07:21:55 AM »
Toy Story has 8 "Story By" credits, possibly because they wanted to minimise John Lasseter's contribution. Can't say I blame them.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #947 on: June 17, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/SheRatesDogs/status/1273057240350552066

looooooooonnnnnggggg tweet thread and the stories are all pretty similar

not surprised about this one

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #948 on: June 17, 2020, 11:49:30 AM »
Is that the guy that made Super Seducer? I can't believe these PUA types would do stuff like this.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #949 on: June 17, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »
Is that the guy that made Super Seducer? I can't believe these PUA types would do stuff like this.

Looked it up and it's a different Italian guy.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #950 on: June 17, 2020, 11:58:08 AM »

No. That's "Richard La Ruina."

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #951 on: June 17, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
Richard da Pussy Ruina.
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #952 on: June 17, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »

Looked it up and it's a different Italian guy.
Damn, the Italian translation for Super Seducer 1, was Google Translate levels of (funny) bad, i hope he wasn't the one working on that.  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #953 on: June 17, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/warren-ellis-allegations/

Maaaaaaaaaaaan this sucks. Warren Ellis has written some of my favorite comics (Transmetropolitan) and one of my favorite books (Normal) and he's a scumbag.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #954 on: June 17, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
completely shocking to see that a guy that convincingly writes douchebag characters is in fact a douchebag himself
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #955 on: June 17, 2020, 02:41:56 PM »
i was skimming that and read Bret Easton, didn't see it wasn't until the link loaded.

did end up on the wikipedia bluebeard page so there is that.

Although best known as a folktale, the character of Bluebeard appears to derive from legends related to historical individuals in Brittany. One source is believed to have been the 15th-century Breton and convicted serial killer Gilles de Rais, a nobleman who fought alongside Joan of Arc and became both Marshal of France and her official protector, then was hanged and burned as a murderous witch.However, Gilles de Rais did not kill his wife, nor were any bodies found on his property, and the crimes for which he was convicted involved the sexually-driven, brutal murder of children rather than women.[8]

Tripon

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #958 on: June 17, 2020, 06:38:20 PM »
You could tell from his hair style that he was a wrong un :hmph
(ice)

Tripon