Author Topic: These are your white allies  (Read 1478 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: These are your white allies
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
que

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
So it's like that one black friend we all have ?
ὕβρις

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
Don't exactly want white people I don't know talking for me.

Kthnxbye

I dont want anyone talking for me.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 07:52:59 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health/social-media-race-debate-allies-trnd/index.html

::)

Such a back-patting article, but I do think their point is good: White folks talking to other white folks about race (from a person of color perspective) could possibly work. I'm super skeptical on that, but I can see where they're coming from.

I highly doubt it works since trolls/etc. will just troll, but hey if they want to dedicate their time to the problem online, more power to them? :yeshrug

kingv

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 11:33:58 AM »
I think it’s better to just give yourself a black avatar and start posting on the coli.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »
I didn't read the article.
dog

nudemacusers

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »
with allies like these, who needs elephants?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
I just read an article on CNN.com explaining that white people have to speak for black People because black people have the intellectual and emotional fortitude of a 2 year old.

In 2017!

Shrew

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 04:56:45 AM »
You cant handle my pasty white goodness. I'm here to drop Pure Whiteness down your throat, bae .Open up and say AHHHHHHH

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 05:47:01 AM »
Luckily I'm a race chameleon. I've been confused for asian, black and latin. (As a honky ass cracker.) So I'll just join the cool crowd. What's the cool crowd at the moment?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 06:43:11 AM »
Asian black Italians
rub

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »
Don't exactly want white people I don't know talking for me.

Kthnxbye
This kind of attitude is exactly why we need to be talking for those who don't understand what's best for them because of their inherit inability to protect themselves.

As you can see there is a complete set of checks and balances to ensure that only what's in your best interests is carried out for you:
White Nonsense RoundUp only brings on white people who know their stuff. There are no training wheels.

Before they are hired each potential volunteer must provide personal information and respond to four problematic statements in a "firm but compassionate fashion" -- that's a key to the group's mission. They're not out to own trolls, they're out to educate and engage.

"We're very aware of the tendency of white activists to center ourselves, so we're careful not to pretend we're white saviors," Kempton said.

The group uses published resources, analogies and other rhetorical and educational tools to support their arguments.

Perhaps you could try being grateful like some of the other satisfied customers:
Their users are grateful. Some want to spread the conversation to the offline world as well.

"They do a great job," said Alamu, the violinist from Illinois. "I've even had people ask, 'Can they come to my job?'"
Now when can I schedule you for an ally visit at your workplace? Or perhaps at a social event you'll be attending? Actually, don't worry yourself about this, we'll have someone schedule these for you to relieve the endless pressures you already face and why you need our assistance.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »
When a homeless starving man in dire need of support forgets to check his privilege, these ridiculous assholes will step in to remind him how he benefits from billionaires because apparantly bullshit trickle down theory IS real when it suits them.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 09:12:11 PM »
Asian black Italians

In the future, everyone will be Rae Dawn Chong.

Seriously though, considering how many generations are going on in Horizon Zero Dawn, it's weird that there isn't more of a melange of racial types in the characters. I understand about Aloy, but everyone else is just more of what we have now despite living in a longstanding, mixed community.