Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571610 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #3420 on: March 18, 2018, 04:10:39 PM »
Can we shut the fuck up and talk about what's really important

A tip thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kevin-olearys-shark-tank-dragons-den-controversial-tips-on-tipping.30383/
püp

kingv

« Reply #3421 on: March 18, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »
There’s a lot of liberals that don’t think that highly of Israel, too.

I’m not sure what one has to do with the other. Both Russia and Israel suck, and both countries we’d be better off to just cut diplomatic ties with and wish them a blessed day.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #3422 on: March 18, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

I’m not sure what one has to do with the other. Both Russia and Israel suck, and both countries we’d be better off to just cut diplomatic ties with and wish them a blessed day.

Also aren’t the people running the investigation Republicans? Am I wrong about that?

agrajag

« Reply #3423 on: March 18, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »
Kevin O'Leary is a turd. Like the restaurant owner is

A) always at the restaurant
B) wants to have a relationship with every joe blow that comes through the door

And also, all the restaurant staff probably hates that pompous prick, but tolerates him because he tips ok.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #3424 on: March 18, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
we have a politics containment thread

Ew. The Cream thread is more classy and intellectual than it.

Propagandhim

« Reply #3425 on: March 18, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »

warcock

« Reply #3426 on: March 18, 2018, 04:16:19 PM »
Can we send all the Russian apologists in this thread to live in some Russian ghetto? Y'all are some fucking weird dumdums.

Wasn't long ago in the US when conservatives hated Russia as much as brown or gay people. Feels like conservatives that were alive during the Cold War have mentally deteriorated. It wasn't that long ago when tension was high.

Like, Russia government consists of rich gangsters and military that are carry overs from the Cold War. Any influence from Russia is disgusting and hurts our own country.

But whatever, dont worry about getting fucked in the butt with a 12 inch cock if there's also 4 inch peckers being thrusted in our mouths.

Karma's a bitch ain't it?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3427 on: March 18, 2018, 04:17:24 PM »

And also, all the restaurant staff probably hates that pompous prick, but tolerates him because he tips ok.

Outside of the manager thing, I think his tip advice is fine.  I usually do around 20% and if I really enjoy a place I'll throw down a really good tip.  If I go to a place a lot I usually end up befriending the bar staff and I usually get a few things for free because of how I've tipped in the past.
püp

etiolate

« Reply #3428 on: March 18, 2018, 04:19:33 PM »
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1350599&playlistId=1.3847977&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=0qoM5eO

Norm  :rejoice

I am expecting some Reeeeeee threads on this

Can't wait for his Netflix show.  His Youtube show was so good.

Pretty sure Eget is going to be his sidekick on the Netflix show, too.

What it makes me think of is when he had Letterman on his show and Dave tried to convince him to do a talk show. Norm told Dave he should do another talk show but without the audience.

Now they're both doing it on Netflix.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3429 on: March 18, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
Can we shut the fuck up and talk about what's really important

A tip thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kevin-olearys-shark-tank-dragons-den-controversial-tips-on-tipping.30383/

I can't afford to eat out anymore, let alone tip.
:reeeee

It seems that REEEEE'ing on Era increases the chances of going broke significantly.

Because every time someone tells them: *Korg voice* "Hey man, don't just wait for hand-outs try to do something productive by yourself" all you get back is autistic screaming.

At least they're living up to their communist dreams. Equally poor and miserable.  :idont

As far as tipping goes I usually just round the number. So if I have to pay say 47, I make it 50. If the food or service was great I make it 55. 
🤴

Optimus

« Reply #3430 on: March 18, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »

So let me get this straight. You don't see the huge hypocrisy when liberals and corporate media are spreading non-stop fear-mongering about Russia with mostly unproven allegations when at the same time there's another state which is mostly ignored, literally has a far-right government that is engaging in ethnic cleansing and that we know for a fact that is influencing US elections?

You don't see how people like me who heavily dislike US media would think liberals are gullible morons just parroting the status quo's narrative, right?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3431 on: March 18, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »

But whatever, dont worry about getting fucked in the butt with a 12 inch cock if there's also 4 inch peckers being thrusted in our mouths.
:drool

Boredfrom

« Reply #3432 on: March 18, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »
we have a politics containment thread

Ew. The Cream thread is more classy and intellectual than it.

Nothing to do with you posting as much as Cream.

kingv

« Reply #3433 on: March 18, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »

Outside of the manager thing, I think his tip advice is fine.  I usually do around 20% and if I really enjoy a place I'll throw down a really good tip.  If I go to a place a lot I usually end up befriending the bar staff and I usually get a few things for free because of how I've tipped in the past.

I do 20% almost always unless it’s a really high bill, once I start going over like $120, 20% starts seeming a little high.

But I used to wait tables at a cheap ass restaurant and have a lot of sympathy for Th wait staff at those types of places. Mad people cheap out on tips, and you make like $5 on a $60 bill

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #3434 on: March 18, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »
So by your own admission you agree that this is an(other) issue where modern liberals agree on with 90's and 00's conservatives. Congrats.

So youre speaking for all the democrats and liberals alive during the Cold War?

God help us!
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3435 on: March 18, 2018, 04:32:25 PM »

I do 20% almost always unless it’s a really high bill, once I start going over like $120, 20% starts seeming a little high.

But I used to wait tables at a cheap ass restaurant and have a lot of sympathy for Th wait staff at those types of places. Mad people cheap out on tips, and you make like $5 on a $60 bill
In my country there's a fairly high minimum wage so tipping is less of an issue and more like a 'bonus'.
At most places they throw it in a jar and divide it between all the staff.
However that also means that not everyone is willing to tip and sometimes the richer types just hand out bills to the staff that they like.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #3436 on: March 18, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »
I’m slowly drifting into the ‘no russian interference’ camp too. I mean, I don’t consider buying Facebook ads and shit to be interference, considering this entire board could come together and do the same thing to a country like Vanuatu.

Which we should do.

Just sayin’.

That’s absolutely interference. It’s a crime in the US actually.

It's interference and everyone does it. Israel has been interfering in US elections for decades in far worse ways than troll farms and fake news.

And people bitch about Israel all the time, meanwhile Russia is killing people in the UK soil. Harmless trolls you guys.

Optimus

« Reply #3437 on: March 18, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »
So by your own admission you agree that this is an(other) issue where modern liberals agree on with 90's and 00's conservatives. Congrats.

So youre speaking for all the democrats and liberals alive during the Cold War?

God help us!

I'm speaking about the prevailing liberal narrative that is hypocritical, toxic and just like 90's conservatives it is based on fear-mongering and blindly adheres to the status quo's narrative.

Optimus

« Reply #3438 on: March 18, 2018, 04:42:29 PM »
I’m slowly drifting into the ‘no russian interference’ camp too. I mean, I don’t consider buying Facebook ads and shit to be interference, considering this entire board could come together and do the same thing to a country like Vanuatu.

Which we should do.

Just sayin’.

It's interference and everyone does it. Israel has been interfering in US elections for decades in far worse ways than troll farms and fake news.

And people bitch about Israel all the time, meanwhile Russia is killing people in the UK soil. Harmless trolls you guys.

Oh fuck off with that intellectually dishonest bullshit, are you seriously comparing the liberal hysteria against Russia with the way some liberals sheepishly sometimes criticize Israel? And it's not like Mossad has assassinated people on foreign soil right? Oh wait, these were "our enemies", it doesn't count.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3439 on: March 18, 2018, 04:44:17 PM »
Man, damn this status quo narrative that is against Trump Team getting away from doing ilegal meetings with representatives of other countries, or the Justice attorney outright lying and still keeping his job, or Kushner being a more obvious conman than Trump.

Oh fuck off with that intellectually dishonest bullshit, are you seriously comparing the liberal hysteria against Russia with the way some liberals sheepishly sometimes criticize Israel? And it's not like Mossad has assassinated people on foreign soil right? Oh wait, these were "our enemies", it doesn't count.

lol Last time I checked Russia was one of the biggest nuclear powers with a sordid history of destabilise governments (just like the US by the way) with a leader than is as petty and assholish as Trump (but competent).

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:50:15 PM by Boredfrom »

Tasty

« Reply #3440 on: March 18, 2018, 04:44:37 PM »
liberal hysteria against Russia

:thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3441 on: March 18, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »

Which we should do.

Just sayin’.

The problem is though, that Russia keeps moving the bar because the weak ass position of NATO allows them to do that.

Had the NATO members all spend the 2% on defense like they were supposed to do Putin wouldn't dare to move beyond his own borders.
But when half of them sold their tanks, blew their cruise missile load on a shithole like Libya, waited to replace the F16's until they had 0 air-worthy planes and Obama did nothing to counter the propaganda or election meddling...

Sure, he can move that border up bit by bit.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #3442 on: March 18, 2018, 04:52:02 PM »

Which we should do.

Just sayin’.

The problem is though, that Russia keeps moving the bar because the weak ass position of NATO allows them to do that.

Had the NATO members all spend the 2% on defense like they were supposed to do Putin wouldn't dare to move beyond his own borders.
But when half of them sold their tanks, blew their cruise missile load on a shithole like Libya, waited to replace the F16's until they had 0 air-worthy planes and Obama did nothing to counter the propaganda or election meddling...

We should get rid of NATO and not enforce Obama’s sanctions. That will tell them.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3443 on: March 18, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »

[citation needed]

Boredfrom

« Reply #3444 on: March 18, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »

[citation needed]

Trump confirmed it days ago.

Optimus

« Reply #3445 on: March 18, 2018, 04:59:46 PM »
Man, damn this status quo narrative that is against Trump Team getting away from doing ilegal meetings with representatives of other countries, or the Justice attorney outright lying and still keeping his job, or Kushner being a more obvious conman than Trump.

Well, thank God we have liberals to freak out about these things (many of which not yet proved or being hyperbolic bullshit) while at the same time ignoring facts like Hillary's Uranium deal that brought millions from Russian oligarchs to her Foundation that suspiciously closed down right after she lost the election. Yeah no hypocrisy there either.

You people are definitely not being manipulated by a corrupt to the core system that only focuses on one side to smear and distract. Even if every allegation against Trump is true you're still hypocrites because you'd never freak out about Clinton's obvious corruption like that, not in a million years.

Optimus

« Reply #3446 on: March 18, 2018, 05:01:02 PM »

[citation needed]

Trump confirmed it days ago.

wow was he there?

Boredfrom

« Reply #3447 on: March 18, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »

Well, thank God we have liberals to freak out about these things (many of which not yet proved or being hyperbolic bullshit) while at the same time ignoring facts like Hillary's Uranium deal that brought millions from Russian oligarchs to her Foundation that suspiciously closed down right after she lost the election. Yeah no hypocrisy there either.

You people are definitely not being manipulated by a corrupt to the core system that only focuses on one side to smear and distract. Even if every allegation against Trump is true you're still hypocrites because you'd never freak out about Clinton like that, not in a million years.

Im not from the US dipshit. My political party is not the Democratic Party.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3448 on: March 18, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
All this planning towards the Russian threat while Putin could have a heart attack tomorrow and the country will be back in 91 again.  :doge

etiolate

« Reply #3449 on: March 18, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »
Also, this forum is constantly worried about NOT getting fucked in the butt by a 12 inch cock, so that was a strange analogy.

Optimus

« Reply #3450 on: March 18, 2018, 05:10:41 PM »

You people are definitely not being manipulated by a corrupt to the core system that only focuses on one side to smear and distract. Even if every allegation against Trump is true you're still hypocrites because you'd never freak out about Clinton like that, not in a million years.

I don't give a shit, my problem always has been with ideas not people. Like I said, you're parroting the prevailing (neo)liberal narrative, to me you're just another hypocrite whether you're an American or a fucking Indonesian. It doesn't matter and I don't care.

Cream

« Reply #3451 on: March 18, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
What about Hillary guys

agrajag

« Reply #3452 on: March 18, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »

Just don't ask to meet the owner or a tour of the kitchen please, that shit is annoying as fuck.

I tip 20% also, even though I despise servers.

mormapope

« Reply #3453 on: March 18, 2018, 05:16:14 PM »

I don't give a shit, my problem always has been with ideas not people. Like I said, you're parroting the prevailing (neo)liberal narrative, to me you're just another hypocrite whether you're an American or a fucking Indonesian. It doesn't matter and I don't care.

I can go to sleep happily knowing youll have very little influence on this world, just like the majority of people, including myself. :)

Ill be rooting for people that aren't subhuman at least tho.
OH!

Optimus

« Reply #3454 on: March 18, 2018, 05:17:29 PM »
What about Hilary guys

Forget Hillary guys, it's not like we shilled for her. Let's freak out about Russians that bribed both Trump and Hillary but let's focus on Trump because he's now the President and we totally would have done the same if Hillary was the President. We swear. Also, ignore all other countries that are doing the exact same thing or far worse because Russia is bad and those other countries are good. Saudi Arabia is murdering gays for the good of humanity, or something.

Cream

« Reply #3455 on: March 18, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »
What about Hilary guys

Forget Hillary guys, it's not like we shilled for her. Let's freak out about Russians that bribed both Trump and Hillary but let's focus on Trump because he's now the President and we totally would have done the same if Hillary was the President. We swear. Also, ignore all other countries that are doing the exact same thing or far worse because Russia is bad and those other countries are good.

I’m just saying. Hilary is over. Trump IS the president. If Hilary did 10% of what Trump has done or possibly may have done, she’d be impeached already.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3456 on: March 18, 2018, 05:21:19 PM »

I can go to sleep happily knowing youll have very little influence on this world, just like the majority of people, including myself. :)

Without getting into your shitty discussion. I think a moment of self-reflection is warranted for Cream where he liked a post that calls someone a subhuman. It's like the ultimate do as i say not as i do.

kingv

« Reply #3457 on: March 18, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »

Which we should do.

Just sayin’.

NATO could pack Putin’s shit in if it chose to.

Any sheepishness to confront Russia is purely political will and not a sense of military power.

agrajag

« Reply #3458 on: March 18, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
Wouldn't be so sure about NATO. The US could, sure. But the other countries?

:larry

Why would you want to start WWIII anyway?

Cream

« Reply #3459 on: March 18, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »

Without getting into your shitty discussion. I think a moment of self-reflection is warranted for Cream where he liked a post that calls someone a subhuman. It's like the ultimate do as i say not as i do.

how disingenuous. I liked it for the spirit of what the poster was obviously saying. Bad people like Trump. I’ve also called people “pieces of shit” on here, but you never said anything about that. Just because I liked the post doesn’t mean I think people SHOULD be called subhuman. If they had said “evil” I would have liked it then too.

I just want to make sure, is that how it works? If you like a post, that poster’s words become your words?

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3460 on: March 18, 2018, 05:30:24 PM »
Can we send all the Russian apologists in this thread to live in some Russian ghetto? Y'all are some fucking weird dumdums.

Wasn't long ago in the US when conservatives hated Russia as much as brown or gay people. Feels like conservatives that were alive during the Cold War have mentally deteriorated. It wasn't that long ago when tension was high.

Like, Russia government consists of rich gangsters and military that are carry overs from the Cold War. Any influence from Russia is disgusting and hurts our own country.

Karma's a bitch ain't it?
at least karma only changes 100 an hour and gives me a massage after she fucks me in the ass

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3461 on: March 18, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »

how disingenuous. I liked it for the spirit of what the poster was obviously saying. Bad people like Trump. I’ve also called people “pieces of shit” on here, but you never said anything about that. Just because I liked the post doesn’t mean I think people SHOULD be called subhuman. If they had said “evil” I would have liked it then too.

I just want to make sure, is that how it works? If you like a post, that poster’s words become your words?

For a dude so intimate and passionate about gender issues you do seem to have rather lacking principles towards hateful mirrored rhetoric. Like, i would assume some moral rigidity if you want to shit up two threads with your stuff.

Cream

« Reply #3462 on: March 18, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »

For a dude so intimate and passionate about gender issues you do seem to have rather lacking principles towards hateful mirrored rhetoric. Like, i would assume some moral rigidity if you want to shit up two threads with your stuff.

Yeah wow  I insults and great people that make really horrible choices and make the entire planet a much worse place for everyone with their own selfishness greed and pride.  That’s totally exactly the same as somebody who disrespects and abused transgender people. You got me.

I’m intolerant of intolerance.

Anyway, this thread isn’t supposed to be about me when all I did was like a post yet you made about me. Even said you didn’t want to join the conversation. Just wanted to shit on me specifically. so who’s really shitting it up?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3463 on: March 18, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »
Mods decide to create a Cream containment thread and the results are now multiple threads dedicated to arguing transgender issues. :snoop

This is why centralized policy making doesn't work :snob

BisMarckie

« Reply #3464 on: March 18, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
Speaking of shitting up something:

I had some Thai food today and that was not fun at all :goty2

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3465 on: March 18, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3466 on: March 18, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »
I'm not saving because I'm poor, but hopefully capitalism falls too!

tired of using the shift key  :doge

mormapope

« Reply #3467 on: March 18, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »

I never get thai food spicy, I was gonna get sum after work. Im going to ask for a lil more spice and see how it all comes out.
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #3468 on: March 18, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »
It's getting boring. Same shit, n1curs.

Here's a thread about an article about Ree's.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-millennials-arent-saving-because-of-a-spreading-belief-that-capitalisms-days-are-numbered.30395/

This is boring, same Ree whining, n1currs.
OH!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3469 on: March 18, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »

I never get thai food spicy, I was gonna get sum after work. Im going to ask for a lil more spice and see how it all comes out.

Get red curry with shrimp or tofu. that's my fav. but it has to be close to 5 star spice.

Cream

« Reply #3470 on: March 18, 2018, 05:59:13 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-millennials-arent-saving-because-of-a-spreading-belief-that-capitalisms-days-are-numbered.30395/

Unfortunately it is technically what this thread is for

BisMarckie

« Reply #3471 on: March 18, 2018, 06:00:56 PM »
I tried out a new place and it said hot on the menu. I assumed that meant "white people hot"; I was wrong.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3473 on: March 18, 2018, 06:19:16 PM »

Quote from: TFA
The idea that we millennials’ only hope for retirement is the end of capitalism or the end of the world is actually quite common sentiment among the millennial left.

Where's the lie, tho?

mormapope

« Reply #3474 on: March 18, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »

Unfortunately it is technically what this thread is for

There was a point in my life where I would scour neogaf and whine too. Thinking back to my earlier posts on the bore, I was at a much more lonely and hermit point of my life. Where the majority of my socializing came from forum posting.

Its embarrassing to think about how much merit I put onto forums, how angry and petty I was.

I view forums as a social crutch. Doesn't need to be viewed as a bad crutch either, but I have equal parts pity and shame for some posters. Not posters on Ree either, for the most part.
OH!

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3475 on: March 18, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »
r/watchpeopledie is back for now, although the future doesn’t look too bright. Fuck Vice.
serge

Shuri

« Reply #3476 on: March 18, 2018, 06:34:48 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #3477 on: March 18, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »
1TB of porn is really not that much

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3478 on: March 18, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »