Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571116 times)

warcock

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4380 on: March 22, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
These deplatforming snowflake nutballs aren't happy with having a forum safespace where authoritarian abusive douchebags who agree with their opinions enforce arbitrary rules to silence anyone they don't like...

... this is their ideal government in the real world.

They're as noxious as any Nazi ever could be.
Tbh i'd rather punch you in the face than a nazi.

I mean I don't know who you are, but I'd be right happy to kick your teeth in.  Private messages?

:-*

marrec

« Reply #4381 on: March 22, 2018, 11:04:15 AM »
These deplatforming snowflake nutballs aren't happy with having a forum safespace where authoritarian abusive douchebags who agree with their opinions enforce arbitrary rules to silence anyone they don't like...

You're getting worked up by nerds who don't like nazis lol

FStop7

« Reply #4382 on: March 22, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-french-president-sarkozy-arrested-in-campaign-financing-probe.30741/#post-5869018

A thread about Sarkozy’s arrest has devolved into outrage over a height joke, including comparisons to the plight of POC and LGBT.

I hope the tiny little baby man finds his way through these difficult times. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4383 on: March 22, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »
Since the internet is all about communications and "platforms" and whatnot I understand asking questions about rights to free speech when speech has changed.  Same reason people ask questions about right to bear arms when arms have changed.  There's nothing wrong with questioning, that's what free speech is all about  :doge

The problem is a lot of them are reaching some really bad conclusions.  I mean maybe the answer is yeah free speech is probably a good thing overall?
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4384 on: March 22, 2018, 11:12:21 AM »

Reee think anyone who has voted republican is a literal Nazi.
Oi Oi

marrec

« Reply #4385 on: March 22, 2018, 11:15:21 AM »

Reee think anyone who has voted republican is a literal Nazi.

This is unnecessarily hyperbolic. Most of ERA probably thinks anyone who has voted republican is racist, but not a literal Nazi.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4386 on: March 22, 2018, 11:18:00 AM »
Sea of Thieves?

More like Mountains of Shit.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4387 on: March 22, 2018, 11:24:09 AM »
On a long enough timeline everyone eventually becomes hitler.
rub

warcock

« Reply #4388 on: March 22, 2018, 11:26:21 AM »
On a long enough timeline everyone eventually becomes hitler.

Wtf kind of post modern marxist shit is this?

nudemacusers

« Reply #4389 on: March 22, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »
Hitler had some good ideas. Minus that one thing and those other things.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4390 on: March 22, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4391 on: March 22, 2018, 11:51:23 AM »
Hitler had some good ideas. Minus that one thing and those other things.

I thought this was an It post for a minute and stood there like :wtf

daemon

« Reply #4392 on: March 22, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
Meanwhile, the dog walks free...

Just saying.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

All dogs are secret Nazis.  :hans1

I keep telling people that owning a german shepherd is being literally Hitler. They tell me i'm a cunt and to shut the fuck up. Fascism is alive and well my friends, stay safe!

blaze

« Reply #4393 on: March 22, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
i like sea of thieves you trolls  :stahp

Destiny 2 is more of a game than Zzzea of Thieves (copyright me)
patrol missions in destiny is basically sea of thieves full game.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4394 on: March 22, 2018, 12:02:47 PM »
I think some people get attached to the concept of the game, rather than the game itself. If it's something they've always wanted, then it HAS to be good.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4395 on: March 22, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »
I'm glad ResetEra exists cause I don't know how I would survive without threads like this...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/urinal-etiquettes-dudes-please-learn-to-pee.31279/

Propagandhim

« Reply #4396 on: March 22, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »
I think some people get attached to the concept of the game, rather than the game itself. If it's something they've always wanted, then it HAS to be good.

The new Red Dead's multiplayer is supposed to be a big deal, FWIW. 

edit: You deleted the Western MMO bit.  You don't have to harbor feelings of guilt, my man.  Let it out.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4397 on: March 22, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »
Remember, UNCHECKED FREEZE PEACH is how the Nazi's won last time...when they went to prison regularly, never achieved even 40% of the vote, escalated a borderline civil war, used the threat of continuing it to gain absolute power in a failed state and then literally outlawed the opposition by decree. (And then almost a decade later finally got around to gassing the Jews.)

Just like Trump.

Which is why he and the Republican Congress needs the power to deplatform from reality anyone it wants to.

benjipwns

« Reply #4398 on: March 22, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
Wait, actually thinking about it, I chang

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4399 on: March 22, 2018, 12:28:30 PM »

The new Red Dead's multiplayer is supposed to be a big deal, FWIW. 

edit: You deleted the Western MMO bit.  You don't have to harbor feelings of guilt, my man.  Let it out.

Actually, I realized I didn't google search to see if someone made one and appears that one is in beta. But it looks like it has a slim chance of getting off the ground.

Cool to hear that RDR is going to try something out. I doubt it will be the one I've always wanted (player run towns/economies, etc).

« Reply #4400 on: March 22, 2018, 12:31:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5873713/
You can be sure, if you take a picture of me, draws dicks on it and upload it to the internet that I would take legal actions against you. You are infringing several of my constitutional rights with it.
:doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4401 on: March 22, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
What about the right to bare dicks?

agrajag

« Reply #4402 on: March 22, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-french-president-sarkozy-arrested-in-campaign-financing-probe.30741/#post-5869018

A thread about Sarkozy’s arrest has devolved into outrage over a height joke, including comparisons to the plight of POC and LGBT.

I hope the tiny little baby man finds his way through these difficult times.

:bobby

Boredfrom

« Reply #4404 on: March 22, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »
Have I gone insane? Why are some of RE upset about a character creator and classes in a WRPG (Cyberpunk 2077).

:mindblown

« Reply #4405 on: March 22, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »
Have I gone insane? Why are some of RE upset about a character creator and classes in a WRPG (Cyberpunk 2077).

:mindblown

Didn't read the thread; but I imagine it's because they are the type who want endless cut scenes with mediocre dialog and acting they can proclaim is "Art";  when you have a character creator then that tends to lessen that sort of thing as the "story" can't revolve around who the player is as much.

I blame those kind of people for whatever the hell Fallout 4 was trying to be.

« Reply #4407 on: March 22, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »

Really?  Wasn't that much different story wise than 3 or New Vegas.  You are a generic Mom or Dad looking for your son.. in FO3 you are a generic son/daughter looking for your father.. in New Vegas you are a generic male/female courier looking for the guy who shot you.

The voice acting killed it for me, the dialogues because of it were also hilariously linear especially you installed the full dialogue trees mod, and could see what your real options were. Felt like Bethesda wanted that Bioware character feeling and it didn’t pull it off, nor is that what I think people play Bethesda games for.

FStop7

« Reply #4408 on: March 22, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #4410 on: March 22, 2018, 01:51:29 PM »

thetylerrob

« Reply #4411 on: March 22, 2018, 01:53:32 PM »
I don't understand how Japanese Americans are white until they have something to be offended about, like I understand wanting representation and the white washing of movies is shitty, but some of these posters on ree are acting like they're actually oppressed in some way.

FStop7

« Reply #4412 on: March 22, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4413 on: March 22, 2018, 01:55:33 PM »
Are you basically advocating that it's ok to be racist in private? 'Cause it sure as hell does read like it.

Yes I do. Not in a sense that it's moral thing to do, but in a sense that it's a right that every person holds.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating racism
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5880368/
sigh

« Reply #4414 on: March 22, 2018, 01:56:45 PM »
Reminder that trolling includes sarcasm and hyperbole. Somehow.

Propagandhim

« Reply #4415 on: March 22, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »
Are you basically advocating that it's ok to be racist in private? 'Cause it sure as hell does read like it.

Yes I do. Not in a sense that it's moral thing to do, but in a sense that it's a right that every person holds.

Having a right to your own subjective conscious experience in 2018  :neogaf

Cream

« Reply #4416 on: March 22, 2018, 02:01:53 PM »

It’s trollong because it’s intentionally trying to get people angry by being disingenuous, especially in relation to the things people are saying

thetylerrob

« Reply #4417 on: March 22, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »
The voice acting killed it for me, the dialogues because of it were also hilariously linear especially you installed the full dialogue trees mod, and could see what your real options were. Felt like Bethesda wanted that Bioware character feeling and it didn’t pull it off, nor is that what I think people play Bethesda games for.

This just seems to have nothing to do with what I said;  they simplified the dialog a bit but really don't know what that has to do with the "character creators, booo!" thing.

edit: Ah I think I see what you are getting at; the fact your character actually talks in the game limited the dialog as they had to record more voiceovers?
Yeah I assume those nerds don't have faith in CDP to do the blank protagonist thing, which is kinda understandable considering Bethesda has never done it well and the only games that really do are low budget and don't have much voice acting anyway. CDP has only done defined Geralt as far as I know.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4418 on: March 22, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »
´

Why would you be against thought crimes if you had nothing to hide? :ohhh

« Reply #4419 on: March 22, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »

It’s trolling because it’s intentionally trying to get people angry by being disingenuous, especially in relation to the things people are saying
Nah. It's no more bait than anything else in that thread. Not by much at least.

EDIT: This person seems sincere though:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5881946/
Y i k e s. Keep rotting in hell.

Beardz said: ↑

Wait, what? Humans are not perfect?! wtf?!

Are we really going to excuse sexual harassment as imperfections?

"I'm sorry I groped and molested her. I'm just your average imperfect human."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:09:51 PM by LurkinMerkin »

Cream

« Reply #4420 on: March 22, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
´

People are against those kinds of things even in private because it’s just more unchecked racism people are ignoring, that absolutely affects people’s actions and his they treat minorities on a daily basis, the industry they work in, how they vote, etc.

Can you honestly say, for example, that it’s okay for a cop to be making racist jokes “in private”? No, nobody is saying go into his house and arrest him, but it’s definitely not ok.

Propagandhim

« Reply #4421 on: March 22, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
´

People are against those kinds of things even in private because it’s just more unchecked racism people are ignoring, that absolutely affects people’s actions and his they treat minorities on a daily basis, the industry they work in, how they vote, etc.

Can you honestly say, for example, that it’s okay for a cop to be making racist jokes “in private”? No, nobody is saying go into his house and arrest him, but it’s definitely not ok.

I don't want to shit up this thread, but the question was of rights, not of morals.  A cop has the same right as any dickhead in his own home.  Are you going to come into my house and place a device on my wall to ensure I won't say or think something, or are you going to concede that I have those private rights?

BisMarckie

« Reply #4423 on: March 22, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »

And how are you going to police that? You can think they are a bad person from a moral perspective, but legally? :nope

Mass-surveillance to weed out the enemies of the state? That sure worked great in the eastern bloc.

Cream

« Reply #4424 on: March 22, 2018, 02:11:43 PM »
´

I don't want to shit up this thread, but the question was of rights, not of morals.  A cop has the same right as any dickhead in his own home.

To me bringing up “they have a right to be racist in their own home” feels like a deflection so you don’t have to talk about actually curbing the racism. That’s certainly how I read it from the banned poster anyway

Cream

« Reply #4425 on: March 22, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »

And how are you going to police that?

Mass-surveillance to weed out the enemies of the state? That sure worked great in the eastern bloc.

Yeah notice how you immediately jump to assuming I’m talking about “policing” anything. I just think people should recognize making racist jokes is wrong, always be vigilant in fighting against harmful biases, don’t let yourself become complacent and education about these things is extremely important.

Propagandhim

« Reply #4426 on: March 22, 2018, 02:14:15 PM »
´

I don't want to shit up this thread, but the question was of rights, not of morals.  A cop has the same right as any dickhead in his own home.

To me bringing up “they have a right to be racist in their own home” feels like a deflection so you don’t have to talk about actually curbing the racism. That’s certainly how I read it from the banned poster anyway

That's because you don't understand what rights are and why they are important.  You can't separate rights from moral oughts, which is bewildering to me.  Please don't go into any branch of anything with a capacity for governing until you figure out the distinction.   The question was of rights - the thread is about the law.  Saying I have a right to a belief in private is not a deflection on issues of race, it's separate.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:21:24 PM by Propagandhim »

BisMarckie

« Reply #4427 on: March 22, 2018, 02:15:53 PM »

Yeah notice how you immediately jump to assuming I’m talking about “policing” anything. I just think people should recognize making racist jokes is wrong, always be vigilant in fighting against harmful biases, don’t let yourself become complacent and education about these things is extremely important.

You know what, I agree with you here. I still think the ban is ludicrous but :trumps

Jansen

« Reply #4428 on: March 22, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5873713/
You can be sure, if you take a picture of me, draws dicks on it and upload it to the internet that I would take legal actions against you. You are infringing several of my constitutional rights with it.
:doge

Oh it's pdotmichael from gaf. Dude is brain damaged

thetylerrob

« Reply #4429 on: March 22, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
Cream's not trying to become a lawyer as far as I know

« Reply #4430 on: March 22, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »
Later on they clarified they were talking about the German constitution. Still sounds like bullshit to me.

benjipwns

« Reply #4431 on: March 22, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Later on they clarified they were talking about the German constitution. Still sounds like bullshit to me.
You know who else used a German constitution to their advantage...

BisMarckie

« Reply #4432 on: March 22, 2018, 02:21:51 PM »

As someone with a German law degree:
Citing the first article of the constitution is always an indication that the person who you are talking to is a moron.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4433 on: March 22, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »

Really?  Wasn't that much different story wise than 3 or New Vegas.  You are a generic Mom or Dad looking for your son.. in FO3 you are a generic son/daughter looking for your father.. in New Vegas you are a generic male/female courier looking for the guy who shot you.

The writing in one of the games actually facilitated roleplaying. The other two are looter shooters. You decide which are which.

« Reply #4434 on: March 22, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »
You know who else used a German constitution to their advantage...
I know...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Merkel
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #4435 on: March 22, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »

Better is that the ban suggests they confuse not criminalizing something as the same thing as advocating in favor for it. ("Not in a sense that it's moral thing to do, but in a sense that it's a right" = "Advocating racism.")

Similar to drug warriors, fundamentalist homophobes, etc.

benjipwns

« Reply #4436 on: March 22, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
But what do you expect from a forum that advocates constantly for mass school shootings and endless rape by refusing to criminalize all video games and especially all anime.

jorma

« Reply #4437 on: March 22, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »

Better is that the ban suggests they confuse not criminalizing something as the same thing as advocating in favor for it. ("Not in a sense that it's moral thing to do, but in a sense that it's a right" = "Advocating racism.")

Similar to drug warriors, fundamentalist homophobes, etc.

I'm going to give that mod the benefit of the doubt and say that it just suggests that the mod is lacking basic reading comprehension skills.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4438 on: March 22, 2018, 02:30:07 PM »
lacking basic reading comprehension skills.

That's basically the entire internet.

benjipwns

« Reply #4439 on: March 22, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
JESUS TITTY FUCKING CHRIST.

PEOPLE DO HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN THOUGHTS.
Really, you can't claim that someone having offensive thoughts isn't harming anyone, because that person has a carbon footprint. The fact that we can kill two birds with one stone is all the more reason that private thoughts are where we should start, not the last place we go for saving lives that matter.