Author Topic: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream  (Read 189972 times)

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
Re: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream
« Reply #360 on: March 21, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »

My argument is that mocking AAVE is racist.

Is mocking any accent racist?
Were people who laughed when I said "get to the chopper" just a bunch of racists?
Like can't we make fun of the French anymore? :goty2

Can you honestly say to me that you mock black peoples way of speaking to their face?

samir

« Reply #361 on: March 21, 2018, 11:30:47 AM »
My argument is that mocking AAVE is racist.

Side question: Is it racist for an African American to mock the British accent?

(Image removed from quote.)

The difference in power structures makes this a completely unrelated and pointless comparison. I suppose a well-off Black person literally MOCKING a poor British person could be a form of bigotry depending on the context.

You're such a bigoted piece of shit.

BisMarckie

« Reply #362 on: March 21, 2018, 11:32:17 AM »

Can you honestly say to me that you mock black peoples way of speaking to their face?

No, I don't because I am not a native English speaker and I couldn't care less what Americans do.
I just wanted to know whether mocking any accent is racist.

tummyfat

« Reply #363 on: March 21, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
We're going to need to see some tax returns before we determine if that was racist

Kurt Russell

« Reply #364 on: March 21, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »
The difference in power structures makes this a completely unrelated and pointless comparison. I suppose a well-off Black person literally MOCKING a poor British person could be a form of bigotry depending on the context.

So you think that average Brit has it better than any African American?
woke

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #365 on: March 21, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »
“ how are you supposed to imitate a black person without doing that voice?!”

Am I back in 1962?

Yes. Be sure to hide the Delorean before your go anywhere. So how would he be able to make fun of marrec using that type of speech while still being humourous and not be racist?

Cream

« Reply #366 on: March 21, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »

No, I don't because I am not a native English speaker and I couldn't care less what Americans do.
I just wanted to know wheter mocking any accent is racist.

Well I think mocking any accent CAN be hurtful and discrimatory. It obviously depends on context.

But mocking AAVE has a very long racist history and it’s been one of many ways to define black people in society as being unintelligent.

Cream

« Reply #367 on: March 21, 2018, 11:35:17 AM »

So you think that average Brit has it better than any African American?

The AVERAGE Brit seems like an unfair comparison to ANY black person. Shouldn’t it be the average African American?

marrec

« Reply #368 on: March 21, 2018, 11:35:26 AM »
The different skin color emoji thing is the perfect encapsulation of Social Studies Warrior madness inspired political correctness.

It's a yellow face, you bunch of fragile fucks. It's not white. Hell, if anything the Asians should've been offended.

Legit I think it was more a representation thing. People wanted emojis that would represent their skin color.

Like, how is that a "perfect encapsulation of [...] madness", the adults weren't claiming the yellow emoji was racist or anything. Just that a lack of representation was wrong.

How does it hurt you that they included normal skin colors in emojis?

Also, Cream - shut the fuck up and leave. You're mentally ill. Seek help.

Y'all would think sincerity and caring = mentally ill lmao

Because now we have people losing their shit over (white) people sending emojis that don't match their skin color, calling it insensitive at best and insinuating or accusing them of being racist at worst.

I mean, a very small percentage of people are gunna lose their shit over lots of things so that's the first thing you gotta get over.

More importantly though, it is a conversation that should take place. Like, you have to actively choose to send a black emoji, you're making some kind of statement there. Nobody is suggesting that we make it illegal for white people to send black emojis, but racial insensitivity doesn't just manifest in real life, it can manifest on the internet too. There's nothing extreme about that Code Switch post, I think it's a measured look at this kind of thing.

I mean, y'all already talked to death about this, I just wanted to point out that emoji representation isn't madness. Being incensed over people talking about emoji representation is a little extreme though.

It's so fucking trivial and basically requires an person to automatically assume dinner of the worst possible intentions of motives on sending a different skin color emoji. Assuming the worst of people is exactly the problem we have in general.

It's not a conversation that needs to take place. It's a thing people need to get over.

See I don't think it requires a person to automatically assume the worst of possible intentions.

It just requires a person be genuinely curious as to why a white person would actively choose to send out black emojis. It's not some random happenstance, there is a reason. Also, it's not necessarily trivial, it could in fact be malicious.

But right there you're still assuming I'll intention.
"What reason could you POSSIBLY have to send a different skin color emoji... unlesssssss....."

Who gives a shit why they're using it if there is no clear ill intent? Just accept it and move on instead of making it into some big drama.
If the person is clearly acting maliciously, then yes, it's wrong and they need to be told to stop.

Wait see here's the thing, you're expecting a few things:

1) "unlesssssss" like, that's not at all what it's about. They could be using black emojis for whatever, but they had to actively choose to use them so there was a reason at one point. Whether it's out of ignorance or misguided solidarity or prejudice or whatever. Talking about that with someone isn't attacking them or judging them.

2) That I or any other social studies warrior gets worked up at every misuse of emoji skin color. If my white friend was doing it, I'd talk to them, if some rando online is doing it, I can't police every rando online. If someone ITT does it (which seems likely, cause there are a bunch of racists ITT) I'd talk about it cause this is where I'm at.

I'm sure you've heard the intent argument before so I'm not going to speak all about that, but no ill intent does not mean no one gets hurt.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #369 on: March 21, 2018, 11:35:33 AM »
But mocking AAVE has a very long racist history and it’s been one of many ways to define black people in society as being unintelligent.

Why do you equate AAVE with intelligence, Cream? What's wrong with AAVE?
woke

etiolate

« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »

:ufup LET MY PPLS GOES

:success nah

:leon YOU REFUTE THE BLACK EMOJI

:beli eh

:jawalrus WE WILL BRING A WAR

:larry eh

:gladbron YOU STILL DOUBT US?

:PP you won't do a thing

:hitler YOU CRAFT YOUR OWN PERIL

:win we got the stuff you want

:flabbypd WHAT SAY YOU?

:gaben we got your goods, we're not scared

:cac THESE FOOLS KNOW NOT WHAT WE WANT

:huh hrm let me think

:girlaff :taylor :popular hey there

:rkelly uh
 :mjcry Ma.. mah POWerrr

:journo

:shaqc PEACE?

:wow

:respect

Kurt Russell

« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2018, 11:36:23 AM »
The AVERAGE Brit seems like an unfair comparison to ANY black person. Shouldn’t it be the average African American?

Okay. Let's try something a bit fairer. What about an African American who does an Apu accent? Racist?
woke

BisMarckie

« Reply #372 on: March 21, 2018, 11:36:34 AM »

Well I think mocking any accent CAN be hurtful and discrimatory. It obviously depends on context.

Fair point.

Cream

« Reply #373 on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »

I obviously don’t, and I know you understand what I meant. Please stop deflecting. I was saying that western society has a long history of treating AAVE as one of many reasons black people are unintelligent.  But I know that you knew that’s what I was saying and you’re obviously trying to troll me

Kurt Russell

« Reply #374 on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:24 AM »

Someone call Bobberts. This is the leaked script for the next Disney Star Wars movie.
woke

Jerry

« Reply #375 on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »

Ricky Gervais's new stand up on Netflix is pretty great and he talks about the exact thing that is winding Cream up:

People confuse the subject of the joke with the target of the joke, and they're very rarely the same.
COYS

Cream

« Reply #376 on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »

Okay. Let's try something a bit fairer. What about an African American who does an Apu accent? Racist?

Yeah I think that’s racist.

Cream

« Reply #377 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »

“These distinguished black fellows love our white women and that’s all you need to control them.”  That’s literally the joke you just made.

BisMarckie

« Reply #378 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »

I obviously don’t, and I know you understand what I meant. Please stop deflecting. I was saying that western society has a long history of treating AAVE as one of many reasons black people are unintelligent.  But I know that you knew that’s what I was saying and you’re obviously trying to troll me

Hey, don't say western when you mean American. In Europe we mock and hate everyone, that's why we have managed to start so many wars. :smug

Kurt Russell

« Reply #379 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:19 AM »

I actually wasn't - it's the same when the Islamists went apeshit about the Allah is Gay flyers. It's only inflammatory if you believe there's something inherently wrong with being gay. Seemed to me that you were saying that AAVE should not be used under any circumstance because it's equated with low intelligence.
woke

Jerry

« Reply #380 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »

So by your own logic black people have power over indian people?
COYS

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #381 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:29 AM »

Ricky Gervais's new stand up on Netflix is pretty great and he talks about the exact thing that is winding Cream up:

People confuse the subject of the joke with the target of the joke, and they're very rarely the same.

But it's hurtful nonetheless. :maf

Kurt Russell

« Reply #382 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »

Even if he's punching up?
woke

marrec

« Reply #383 on: March 21, 2018, 11:40:24 AM »

So, a joke can have multiple subjects tho.

Joking that I'm racist cause I use y'all, and doing that by using hyperbolic caricatured AAVE, is racist.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #384 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »

He's saying that AAVE is often seen as a sign of stupidity. Why do you want to twist it the other way?

Cream

« Reply #385 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »

So by your own logic black people have power over indian people?

Minorities can and often do propagate racism against each other. I believe mocking Indian people for their accents,  especially if you’re creating a stereo typical character like apu, is wrong.  So in that specific context yeah and individual black person would have that power over Indian person through mocking them.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #386 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Joking that I'm racist

It's not a joke.
woke

Cream

« Reply #387 on: March 21, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »

I actually wasn't - it's the same when the Islamists went apeshit about the Allah is Gay flyers. It's only inflammatory if you believe there's something inherently wrong with being gay. Seemed to me that you were saying that AAVE should not be used under any circumstance because it's equated with low intelligence.

No I’m obviously saying that people should stop equating the people who use it with a low intelligence

Why are the only two options with you people always be extremely racist and pretend race doesn’t exist

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #388 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
Thanks TwoBitNate, I blame you for all this shit.

Is it hate EightBitNate week on here something?   :'(

Kurt Russell

« Reply #389 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
Why are the only two options with you people always be extremely racist and pretend race doesn’t exist

Because if we all pretended race doesn't exist and stopped trying to hold others responsible for things that happened hundreds of years before they were fucking born, Trump wouldn't have happened?
woke

tummyfat

« Reply #390 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »
What if a guy taught a pug to use black slang words

Cream

« Reply #391 on: March 21, 2018, 11:45:23 AM »

Because if we all pretended race doesn't exist and stopped trying to hold others responsible for things that happened hundreds of years before they were fucking born, Trump wouldn't have happened?

Racism and oppression still occurs on a national scale every day. Colorblindness doesn’t work and has been proven to make inequality worse.  The majority is still benefiting from those things that happened hundreds of years ago and also are benefiting from what’s happening right now

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #392 on: March 21, 2018, 11:45:27 AM »

I dont dislike you, but your recent actions have disappointed me son. 

marrec

« Reply #393 on: March 21, 2018, 11:46:38 AM »
Joking that I'm racist

It's not a joke.

Alright I'll bite, how am I racist?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #394 on: March 21, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »

I dont dislike you, but your recent actions have disappointed me son.

Such as

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #395 on: March 21, 2018, 11:46:48 AM »

Joking that I'm racist cause I use y'all, and doing that by using hyperbolic caricatured AAVE, is racist.

Then how would you frame the joke so it's not racist?

You guys are saying that absurdist parody is racist, regardless of the context its being done in. If you're going to make the claim, then at least tell us how you'd frame the joke yourself.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »
Man, I had a hunch you were a simpleton, but I didn't realize to quite what extent your brow slopes.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »
"Ya'll shouldn't be appropriatin' dem emojis mah niccas" - marrec probably

Hey! Another racist on the bore. Shocker

And yet It still post here. :thinking What does that say about It? :thinking

"But I'm black, ya'll! I can't be racist!"

tummyfat

« Reply #398 on: March 21, 2018, 11:47:48 AM »
Black comedians have been using 'white voice' to make someone sound nerdy and corny for years and I have never once considered it racist.

Cream

« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »

You guys are saying that absurdist parody is racist, regardless of the context its being done in. If you're going to make the claim, then at least tell us how you'd frame the joke yourself.

If the point of the joke is specifically that marrec  pretends to be black then I would make that joke without actually mocking the way black people speak.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #400 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »

All this shows me is that white people have always been clever with marketing.   :doge

And let's not pretend black people don't do this with white people all the time. It's hilarious when Chris Rock does it, but not when a white guy does it? It's about fucking context.

Yes, marketing in this form is fucked up, but that doesn't mean other forms of imitation are. Was Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder racist to you?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #401 on: March 21, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »

If the point of the joke is specifically that marrec  pretends to be black then I would make that joke without actually mocking the way black people speak.

So make the joke. I am genuinely curious.

Also I want to trick marrec into making fun of himself

marrec

« Reply #402 on: March 21, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »

That specific absurdist parody is racist because it's often not used as a joke, but instead used to denigrate the intelligence of black people.

I'd probably just frame the joke using AAVE without the hyperbolic parody?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
Man, I had a hunch you were a simpleton, but I didn't realize to quite what extent your brow slopes.

I don't know about that colorblind stuff, but what Marrec and Cream are doing sure as hell ain't helping anyone(aside from their own mental coping mechanisms).

Cream

« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
Black comedians have been using 'white voice' to make someone sound nerdy and corny for years and I have never once considered it racist.

Maybe it is racist, I don’t know but probably not. -shrug- but the difference in power dynamics makes it completely toothless, and a black person making fun of the way white people talk (rather than a specific white person which can obviously be mean and hurtful) doesn’t actually have any negative effect on white people. Certainly not any demonstrable effect.

marrec

« Reply #405 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »

So make the joke. I am genuinely curious.

Also I want to trick marrec into making fun of himself

Man you don't need to trick me into being self-deprecating lol

Jerry

« Reply #406 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »
Cream and Marrec are humourless robots confirmed.
COYS

thisismyusername

« Reply #407 on: March 21, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »

It's always "shit on the worst poster of the Bore that brought It here" day.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #408 on: March 21, 2018, 11:52:34 AM »

Maybe it is racist, I don’t know but probably not. -shrug- but the difference in power dynamics makes it completely toothless, and a black person making fun of the way white people talk (rather than a specific white person which can obviously be mean and hurtful) doesn’t actually have any negative effect on white people. Certainly not any demonstrable effect.

Your so powerless, your race so powerless, you need help from other white people  :doge

If i were black i think i'd hate you even more.

Cream

« Reply #409 on: March 21, 2018, 11:53:39 AM »

All this shows me is that white people have always been clever with marketing.   :doge

And let's not pretend black people don't do this with white people all the time. It's hilarious when Chris Rock does it, but not when a white guy does it? It's about fucking context.

Yes, marketing in this form is fucked up, but that doesn't mean other forms of imitation are. Was Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder racist to you?

No I don’t think so because it was specifically a commentary on that kind of racism and the movie consistently proves to you that it understands the problem. Part of it is also that RDJ didn’t do a typical blackface with the inky skin, red lipstick etc. he actually attempted to embody a black person and the movie uses the contradiction and racism to make a statement.  The point that what he’s doing is racist is completely the point

BisMarckie

« Reply #410 on: March 21, 2018, 11:53:46 AM »

Cream and marrec Hm...

Marrec is an anagram of cream  :ohhh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you discount the second R, but close enough :trumps
[close]

marrec doxxed!  :doge

Cream

« Reply #411 on: March 21, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »

If A black person doesn’t find mocking AAVE funny then they don’t like any comedy? Is that how it works?

nudemacusers

« Reply #412 on: March 21, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

marrec

Jerry

« Reply #414 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:08 AM »
Thought experiment:

At what point in the future would poking fun at minorities, for example black people, NOT be considered racist?

COYS

thisismyusername

« Reply #415 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »
Marrec is ok in my book for EXPOSING your thursT bitches on that pedo teacher. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

It, meanwhile. :donot :nope

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:39 AM »

If A black person doesn’t find mocking AAVE funny then they don’t like any comedy? Is that how it works?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »
What's your endgame Cream? What is it you'd like to accomplish here because all i see is pweease pweease help us we're an oppressed group  :stahp

Didn't the Social Studies Warrior movement try and pull shit with 'white cis males" ? what happened? The "alt-right" mobilized, created endless meme glory and helped elect a fucking lunatic for no other purpose but to say "FUCK YOU look at these lolz"

I'm not sure what you want, maybe do the same?

:idont

marrec

« Reply #418 on: March 21, 2018, 12:00:37 PM »
Thought experiment:

At what point in the future would poking fun at minorities, for example black people, NOT be considered racist?

Man, I don't have any authority on this, but I don't think poking fun at minorities is ALWAYS racist.

Being racist while poking fun at minorities tho...

etiolate

« Reply #419 on: March 21, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
EMOJI CULTURE WAR 2: THE WE ARE NOT EQUAL THE SEQUELl

“These distinguished black fellows love our white women and that’s all you need to control them.”  That’s literally the joke you just made.

:gurl OLD DEAL IS OFF

:oreilly new phone who dis

:phil WE ONLY CARE ABOUT BLACK DICKS

:iface

:mouf BLACK BOIS  CUZ WE BITRANS LG BEE t model,

:pacspit LATEST HOTTEST iBONE, BLACK DICC

:umad GAME OVER WHITE EMOJIS

:what

:checkit okay but what if

:nothot NO WHATIFF BBC OR GTFO

:whatsthedeal what if we can make a deal EH?

:yeshrug NO WHITE GIRLS ANYMORE

:idont but then I don't understand

:confused UNDERSTAND WHAT

:neo that ho over there

:salute NO THOTS ONLY BLACK DICC

:trumps so you say but uh

:putin whats that over there?

:confused

:dolezal HEY MY FELLOW PROUD  BROTHERS AND SISTERS

:stan uh oh

:holeup FUCCCCCCCK

:noah THE WHITE GIRLS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE BUILDING

:dolezal BLACK DICC PRIDE!

:snoop THE ENTERPRISE ...

:fabulous ... IS OVER

:anhuld

:aweshum TOLD y'ALL IT NEVER WORK

:comeon SHUTUP MARREC

:ohyou truce?

:playa

And then there was peace through out the land...