Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5881123 times)

Boredfrom

Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #15420 on: June 23, 2018, 01:17:05 AM »
The first Pirates of the Caribbean was so good... what the fuck happened? Every single film after that were shit shows.

agrajag

« Reply #15421 on: June 23, 2018, 01:19:20 AM »
The first Pirates of the Caribbean was so good... what the fuck happened? Every single film after that were shit shows.

the one with the giant Jamaican lady stomping in the ocean was something else

Boredfrom

« Reply #15422 on: June 23, 2018, 01:21:09 AM »

the one with the giant Jamaican lady stomping in the ocean was something else

Didn’t she ended being a sea god or something lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15423 on: June 23, 2018, 01:31:14 AM »
Not to suggest had they stuck to the original plan it would have been any better, but Jack Sparrow (a pirate so brave on the seven seas) wasn't supposed to be the central character originally, after Depp dominated they basically threw out everything to focus entirely on Jack Sparrow (raven locks sway on the ocean breeze) when he might have not have been intended to be in the sequels all that much if at all.

benjipwns

« Reply #15424 on: June 23, 2018, 01:34:51 AM »
iirc Keira Knightley's character was supposed to be the focus of the franchise

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15425 on: June 23, 2018, 01:54:41 AM »
Not to suggest had they stuck to the original plan it would have been any better, but Jack Sparrow (a pirate so brave on the seven seas) wasn't supposed to be the central character originally, after Depp dominated they basically threw out everything to focus entirely on Jack Sparrow (raven locks sway on the ocean breeze) when he might have not have been intended to be in the sequels all that much if at all.

I saw the Lonely Island perform the song with Michael Bolton earlier this month!
serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15426 on: June 23, 2018, 01:55:37 AM »
Haha, Enzom tries to not be passive-aggressive for once and immediately walks it back and tries to blame it on labor

Background:  Enzom quoted Labor and directly called out ArrogantBastard with that DM thing.  Arrogant bastard responds, Enzom shuts up, and then comes back with that great retort.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fox-news%E2%80%99-charles-krauthammer-says-he-is-losing-his-cancer-battle-up-passed-away.47715/page-9#post-9604588
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:03:14 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #15427 on: June 23, 2018, 01:57:57 AM »
You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick.  You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick. You ain't slick.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #15428 on: June 23, 2018, 02:20:37 AM »
I've always believed ZattMurdock was a high level troll but fuck man, I'm not sure anymore.

We're living in a post-irony world and I can't handle it. 

:stop

benjipwns

« Reply #15429 on: June 23, 2018, 02:29:42 AM »
If he is, he's running the same exact game on boxofficetheory.com

and twitter
https://twitter.com/zattmurdock/status/997165803077324800

https://twitter.com/zattmurdock/status/997167989744197632

i appreciate that kind of dedication

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15430 on: June 23, 2018, 02:33:44 AM »
 :wag

I know of a place where doxxers can spend time with dolphins for 28 days and learn to break the urge.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #15431 on: June 23, 2018, 02:37:06 AM »
That's detoxing, not dedoxxing.

And doxxing isn't a lifestyle choice. You can't pray or rape the dox away. This is who I am.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #15432 on: June 23, 2018, 02:40:46 AM »
If he is, he's running the same exact game on boxofficetheory.com

and twitter
https://twitter.com/zattmurdock/status/997165803077324800

i appreciate that kind of dedication
:goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty2 :goty

thetylerrob

« Reply #15433 on: June 23, 2018, 02:56:11 AM »
11k tweets and 300 followers  :heyman

Boredfrom

« Reply #15434 on: June 23, 2018, 02:59:07 AM »

But they use him badly in the sequels and the rest of the cast get character regressions.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15435 on: June 23, 2018, 03:06:56 AM »

I saw the Lonely Island perform the song with Michael Bolton earlier this month!

You don't have to lie to impress us we love you already

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #15436 on: June 23, 2018, 05:37:34 AM »
But honestly that's an insult of a 12 year old because even though I loved the old Batman movies as a 12 year old they weren't the movies really exciting my imagination and making a mark on what I view as art.

But then I see the discussion these people have and the limited scope they have towards storytelling and well it all makes sense.
I assume you mean the Tim Burton ones.

As regular readers know, I contend Batman Returns is not only easily the best live-action Batman film, but I could consider elevating it up a notch as an overall movie until I remember Burton's goofy stuff pervades as much of it as his good stuff (like his portrayal of Gotham), especially early and then the unfortunate insertion of those rocket wearing penguins into the otherwise brilliant full circle of all the parts ending with Bruce, Selina and Christopher Walken.

Plus, it got its toys pulled from McDonald's after people complained about how dark the film was (may have been code for "Catwoman's outfit")...also why it did poorly at the box office supposedly. (Though I also contend that the first film is much darker than people seem to remember, Nicholsen's Joker is seriously a true monster and psychopath. Forever would be remembered differently too if Tommy Lee Jones didn't try to out-ham Jim Carrey, a person whose buffoonery he did NOT condone.)

Nolan's films are comparatively pathetic in characterization to the point of them being nearly absent. In Burton's films and Forever there's a consistent theme of how these are all seriously broken people. Perhaps especially Bruce.

Obligatory, because this is just fucking amazing, and Snyder should have found a way to rip it off somehow:

I'm sorry lad, but that's your nostalgia speaking more than anything else and I can bet my arm you're over 30. You were probably a child when you saw those movies.

Batman Begins and The Dark knight, despite their fault, Christian Bale being a piece of wood and boring fighting scenes, stomp on Burton Batmans.

Burton Batmans are huge snooze fest and the goofyness is through the roof. 

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #15437 on: June 23, 2018, 06:47:07 AM »
wait, did ritious doxx me?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15438 on: June 23, 2018, 06:56:31 AM »
If I ever need to find a murder suspect based on a screen mirror reflection I'll ask benjipwns.
He would've found Bin Laden in 5 seconds flat had Bush asked him.  :whoo
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 07:03:07 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

benjipwns

« Reply #15440 on: June 23, 2018, 07:34:28 AM »
I'm sorry lad, but that's your nostalgia speaking more than anything else and I can bet my arm you're over 30. You were probably a child when you saw those movies.
I rewatch them monthly! :bolo

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think I last rewatched the three not long after Nolan's duology and side-story finished for comparison. I watched the second half of Returns when it was randomly on TV since then but that was at least pre-Trump.

As an additional aside, one thing I quite like about both the Burton films is that the comic adaptions come off near perfectly as Batman comics.
[close]

Batman Begins and The Dark knight, despite their fault, Christian Bale being a piece of wood and boring fighting scenes, stomp on Burton Batmans.
Nah, Bale's fine and the fight scenes aren't worth complaining about considering superhero films prior including Batman where Keaton has to move his entire body to turn, the Nolanverse films faults are the awful characters, the baffling dialogue, and the almost impressively incoherent plots/shots in which vital plot points occurring entirely off screen create a plot that is more like an endless series of convenient coincidences during which no one makes actual choices*. Not to mention 2/3rds of them are life-suckingly boring, increasingly so, to the point that Rises should immediately end after Bane breaks Bruce's back in the sewers.

To indicate my bias against the films, on another forum at the time I gave TDK a 3/5 in the thread on it, which rewarded me with a years worth of PMs from some random dude who found it a bit more favorable. When I gave TDKR a 2/5 later, he was more content to just call me a petty bitch and a troll in the thread. So people can change for the better. Just look at Bruce in the high quality Batman film**, Batman v Superman for example.

*Goyer/The Nolans vs. Kurtzman/Orci/Abrams short battle to prove which team was "superior" at doing this to two of my favorite franchises was a wonderful time, but I feel Kurtzman is the true king as STID was simply a masterpiece in the field of agency-less convenience-driven event-hopping blockbusters
** :teehee

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15441 on: June 23, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »
which rewarded me with a years worth of PMs from some random dude who found it a bit more favorable.

sorry

I don't know how people can hate on bale's performance. Dude can act given the right script. He wrecked shop in Terminator salvation.

the problem with nolan is that he's too much of a pussy. look at interstellar. That shit is like five hours long and he kept dangling the obvious solution and never clenched it. at least in contact they didn't pussyfoot about it.

benjipwns

« Reply #15442 on: June 23, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »
If I ever need to find a murder suspect based on a screen mirror reflection I'll ask benjipwns.
He would've found Bin Laden in 5 seconds flat had Bush asked him.  :whoo
They already had a pretty good general idea of where bin Laden was after 9/11. The U.S. didn't covertly enter Afghanistan for two weeks after 9/11. And a significant U.S. ground presence happened well after Tora Bora, when bin Laden finally bailed out into Pakistan.

I mean, consider that Saddam somehow managed to hide for nine months with half a million coalition troops hanging around the place.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15443 on: June 23, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 08:28:05 AM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #15444 on: June 23, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »
Who do you think I am btw?

I was trying to slide up in this thread and everyone riding my dick.

:confused

You tired sliding into the thread? By trying to make every post about you? You are not very good at subtlety.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15445 on: June 23, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »
The notion that Milo is a Nazi is ridiculous because Nazi would have killed him a long time ago. He is right he is an anti feminist and he is anti Islam which many people are these days. So if this what makes hima Nazi then many are.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-aclu-comes-in-the-form-of-a-secret-memo.1463279/post-253311961

They probably don't realize milo was getting railed by every and anyone passing by.

he would have probably become a very high rank politician

:lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15446 on: June 23, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
Who do you think I am btw?

I was trying to slide up in this thread and everyone riding my dick.

:confused

You tired sliding into the thread? By trying to make every post about you? You are not very good at subtlety.

:ego

Switters

« Reply #15447 on: June 23, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »

Did he really tell the nicest man in holly wood to SUCK IT??? Is he imagining himself somewhere in the imaginary rivalry between the comic book characters Dead Pool and Wolverine???

Wat?

:whatisthis

troll

benjipwns

« Reply #15448 on: June 23, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
The notion that Milo is a Nazi is ridiculous because Nazi would have killed him a long time ago. He is right he is an anti feminist and he is anti Islam which many people are these days. So if this what makes hima Nazi then many are.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-aclu-comes-in-the-form-of-a-secret-memo.1463279/post-253311961

They probably don't realize milo was getting railed by every and anyone passing by.

he would have probably become a very high rank politician

:lol
way to not quote the most valuable and important part of that post:

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15449 on: June 23, 2018, 08:40:48 AM »
I left it up to you.

that's probably the ugliest drag queen I've ever seen btw.  :-\

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #15450 on: June 23, 2018, 08:53:15 AM »
You've spent 16% of your time on The Bore since joining with an average of 13 posts per day. Have you thought about getting a real hobby?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15451 on: June 23, 2018, 08:56:01 AM »
Have you? I'm assuming you did actual math to for that post.

Seriously what's up with everybody riding my maybenotmaybewhoknows cis dick?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #15452 on: June 23, 2018, 09:01:55 AM »

Its not actual math, because it doesn't have decimal places on it.

And no, nothing about your cis dick. Please, leave it to my imagination. Its far more elegant in its soft lighting that way.

:popular

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #15453 on: June 23, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »

Online time = 164.5 hours
Days since joining = 43

43*24 = 1032 possible hours you could be doing something worthwhile

164.5/1032 = 0.159399225

15.9399225% of 24 = 3.825581395 hours on average per day you spend on this website

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15454 on: June 23, 2018, 09:11:36 AM »
stop being weird

Averon

« Reply #15455 on: June 23, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fewer-births-than-deaths-among-whites-in-majority-of-u-s-states.50966/

The celebration expressed in that thread is disturbing.
There might be a god after all

Doing my part by not having kids

I’m guessing this forum happy about this!
Good. As a white guy, they deserve to die out. I don't give a shit.

Good.
Without whites, the Republican party will die.

As a white American, good. The sooner white people in America stop being a majority the sooner we can get rid of fascist fuckwits.

Some are calling out the self-loathing

Lol at the self-loathing posts in here. White guilt is for the weak.
This thread is peak nihilism lmao. The (self) hate is real.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 09:47:02 AM by Averon »

nudemacusers

« Reply #15456 on: June 23, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »
Woke nihilist posts are worth two historical infractions on the underground resetera marketplace
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Averon

« Reply #15457 on: June 23, 2018, 09:50:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/9608647/

I'm a PoC but some of the comments here are outright racist.

You don’t have to lie about your color to make this stupid point about “self hating whites” Those people are just “free thinkers”, you’d say if they were any other color.

Really, white people making those kinds of comments that directly state an interest in declining facism and actual fucking racism don’t need your “black friend” disapproval because you want to switch places with them or some bullshit

Him having a Killmonger avatar makes this all the more funny  :lol

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Averon

« Reply #15459 on: June 23, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »
Cheebo may have surpassed LoudNinja as being the most blatant corporate shill. He's certainly been putting in the work since TLJ's release.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #15460 on: June 23, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fewer-births-than-deaths-among-whites-in-majority-of-u-s-states.50966/

The celebration expressed in that thread is disturbing.
There might be a god after all

Doing my part by not having kids

I’m guessing this forum happy about this!
Good. As a white guy, they deserve to die out. I don't give a shit.

Good.
Without whites, the Republican party will die.

As a white American, good. The sooner white people in America stop being a majority the sooner we can get rid of fascist fuckwits.

Some are calling out the self-loathing

Lol at the self-loathing posts in here. White guilt is for the weak.
This thread is peak nihilism lmao. The (self) hate is real.

Imagine their surprise when all of their problems remain nearly the same even if everyone turns brown/black.

tummyfat

« Reply #15461 on: June 23, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
I heard a story on the radio yesterday how less white people being born doesn't even mean the Republican party's views will die out because as they see more and more brown skinned immigrants, even white Democrats want to push for less immigration

Here's a study they talked about some dude did in 2014: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/08/researchers-put-two-spanish-speakers-on-a-train-and-changed-commuters-views-of-immigration/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d95f90d4fbb6

Propagandhim

« Reply #15462 on: June 23, 2018, 10:32:15 AM »
They're not going to have kids because they're convinced their white kids will be racist?  What's the deal?  Or is this some masochist-dom fetish?

FStop7

« Reply #15463 on: June 23, 2018, 10:35:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/9610586/

Obviously some people on this forum are from NY. Why even post if you are just going to make limp ass excuses? Its crazy that a place like the coli can discuss this topic with more consideration than a place that prides itself on its morals. Grow some balls. Throwing your hands up and turning your head away is not going to do shit to make this country better.

Even if you do nothing more than tell a group a friends you can help inspire change and a response to this type of violence.

Prepare for actioning

Propagandhim

« Reply #15464 on: June 23, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
I heard a story on the radio yesterday how less white people being born doesn't even mean the Republican party's views will die out because as they see more and more brown skinned immigrants, even white Democrats want to push for less immigration

Here's a study they talked about some dude did in 2014: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/08/researchers-put-two-spanish-speakers-on-a-train-and-changed-commuters-views-of-immigration/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d95f90d4fbb6

Haha, that article.  Fascinating.    But doesn't the softening of attitudes over time mean that Repub support would dwindle over time?  The reaction in the short-term was surprising, but over time it kinda ebbed.

Propagandhim

« Reply #15465 on: June 23, 2018, 10:49:33 AM »
Study doesn't say a word about anyone on the train's political leanings nor does it even come close to claiming it's some full proof study.  Just a kinda interesting really small social experiment.

You're right, but the article does give cursory mention to how they had to fill out a survey of their "political views" - I assume they connected all the appropriate dots in the methodology to figure out if there was a shift, especially if Sapolsky cited the study.  He's a pretty conscientious guy when it comes to social research.  I think the conclusions the article mentions are most likely correct, even if the Post writer wasn't specific about the details.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #15466 on: June 23, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »

You don’t have to lie about your color to make this stupid point about “self hating whites” Those people are just “free thinkers”, you’d say if they were any other color.

Really, white people making those kinds of comments that directly state an interest in declining facism and actual fucking racism don’t need your “black friend” disapproval because you want to switch places with them or some bullshit

Shouldn't this get him banned? Something like "denying someone elses status as poc" or some shit

Switters

« Reply #15467 on: June 23, 2018, 11:14:16 AM »

Shouldn't this get him banned? Something like "denying someone elses status as poc" or some shit

Um.. No, he's slick. Duh.
troll

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15468 on: June 23, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »
User warned: Accusing someone of lying about their race without evidence.

Mods in a nutshell.

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #15469 on: June 23, 2018, 11:17:29 AM »
I rewatch them monthly! :bolo

I think I last rewatched the three not long after Nolan's duology and side-story finished for comparison. I watched the second half of Returns when it was randomly on TV since then but that was at least pre-Trump.

As an additional aside, one thing I quite like about both the Burton films is that the comic adaptions come off near perfectly as Batman comics.
[close]

Nah, Bale's fine and the fight scenes aren't worth complaining about considering superhero films prior including Batman where Keaton has to move his entire body to turn, the Nolanverse films faults are the awful characters, the baffling dialogue, and the almost impressively incoherent plots/shots in which vital plot points occurring entirely off screen create a plot that is more like an endless series of convenient coincidences during which no one makes actual choices*. Not to mention 2/3rds of them are life-suckingly boring, increasingly so, to the point that Rises should immediately end after Bane breaks Bruce's back in the sewers.

To indicate my bias against the films, on another forum at the time I gave TDK a 3/5 in the thread on it, which rewarded me with a years worth of PMs from some random dude who found it a bit more favorable. When I gave TDKR a 2/5 later, he was more content to just call me a petty bitch and a troll in the thread. So people can change for the better. Just look at Bruce in the high quality Batman film**, Batman v Superman for example.

*Goyer/The Nolans vs. Kurtzman/Orci/Abrams short battle to prove which team was "superior" at doing this to two of my favorite franchises was a wonderful time, but I feel Kurtzman is the true king as STID was simply a masterpiece in the field of agency-less convenience-driven event-hopping blockbusters
** :teehee

The fact that you saw them when you were young still affect your judgement on it. Most of Nolan Batman haters are Burton Batman fans that grow with that version of Batman. You're just old  :ufup

Bale isn't fine, he's a bad actor who has to rely on some extreme shenaningans to get attention/role. Losing/gaining weight to an extreme level doesn't make you a good actor, it just screams talent insecurity and I think that's the only thing he's good about.

The problem with Bale as Bruce Wayne is that he's not convincing at all. Bruce Wayne is supposed to be rough and threatening, even without his suit, except when he's in public. Problem is, Bale can't pull it off. His Bruce Wayne is tame, boring and lack stature. It's obvious in his scenes with Alfred, those are the moments Bruce Wayne is supposed to be himself, not a persona and Bale can't pull something interesting.

Plus, there's just something about his face and manners that doesn't cut it as Bruce Wayne. He's tall and all, but he doesn't look like he can be a serious threat without his suit. Ben Affleck look is more like it, he looks rougher and more brutal as Bruce Wayne (even though the movies are bad on an other level). Ben Affleck is a meh actor, but Josh Brolin or Richard Armitage would have killed it as Bruce Wayne (especially Armitage).

I don't care myself if the movie follow the comic religiousely, all I want is a good movie. Burton Batman are waaaaay too goofy for my taste. At least you can take Nolan movie seriousely and criticize them using intelligence because Nolan tried to deliver something serious. You can't take Burton Batmans seriousely enough.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15470 on: June 23, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
Bale's ex /\

tummyfat

« Reply #15471 on: June 23, 2018, 11:28:10 AM »
Everyone going on and on about political beliefs not being a protected class don’t realize that sexual orientation and gender identity are also not a protected class

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15472 on: June 23, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »
not gonna lie, I'd totally fuck the dhs secretary.

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #15473 on: June 23, 2018, 11:42:27 AM »
not gonna lie, I'd totally fuck the dhs secretary.

That's because she looks like a transexual.

agrajag

« Reply #15474 on: June 23, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »
No you can't take Nolan Batman movies seriously, what the fuck.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15476 on: June 23, 2018, 11:44:36 AM »
She looks like someone with a closet full of domme leather, steel sounds and penis clamps. :noah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15477 on: June 23, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »
She looks like someone with a closet full of domme leather, steel sounds and penis clamps. :noah

this guy knows

about cages
[close]

penis cages
[close]

with locks
[close]

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:18:54 PM by stufte »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15479 on: June 23, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
I do gotta say I admire bale's dedication to get a whole mouthfull of fake teeth so he could be better martketed.

and American Psycho is the greatest movie ever made. Period.