Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5902763 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4320 on: April 19, 2018, 12:30:27 AM »
^ the spergpost to end all spergposts

nudemacusers

« Reply #4321 on: April 19, 2018, 12:32:46 AM »

Given that the infamous prolific poster memoryman3 has come out with a statement today declaring that he intends to extricate himself from all avenues of online video game discussion to focus on his personal development, for which we're all proud of him on gaming side, I figured that the momentous occasion would be a fitting one to start a discussion I've been thinking about for a long time.

Forum culture is fascinating, and the intricacies of this community in particular are worth noting. But first, a brief profile on me. Like memoryman3, I in the past two months turned eighteen, becoming an adult. No longer was I marginalizing the sophisticated sanctity of ResetERA with my mere presence, much to my satisfaction. This comes after years as an adolescent lurker. For a few years beginning when I was nine or ten, I lurked on the premier forum for adult aficionados of LEGO bricks, Eurobricks. Leaked LEGO sets still occasionally draw my attention out of habit, to be honest.

From Eurobricks, I discovered NeoGAF. My earliest distinct memory of lurking on GAF was during Nintendo's E3 presentation of 2014, a phenomenal year. Living rurally, I did not have an adequate internet connection to watch the stream itself, so imagine my excitement trying to piece together Splatoon from such comments as "Bloopers?!" and learning via the forum that Captain Toad was getting a dedicated title. Prior to that, I remember purveying prerelease discussion of Mario Kart 8, which perhaps amusingly remains the only video game I've ever preordered.

Of course, games were only a piece of the puzzle. As I aged, I grew fascinated with the dynamic of the forum. It began with meager attempts to discern esoteric phrases and abbreviations like RTTP and OT (and OT meant and continues to mean, like, thirty different things, mind you). But as a traditional-style forum, the personalities began to compel me. Huge names like Fat4all (excuse me, big-boned names like Fat4All), blame space (whose sacred name I refuse to violate with capitalization), Neiteio (who I'm pretty sure was on GAF, but joined pretty late), and, of course, our departed memoryman3.

Memoryman3 is particular significance to me, as I will forever associate his alias with my early interest in participation in forums. As a pre-pubescent teen, I found a natural home at GameFAQs, where I was delighted to find no restrictions for making an account (to which we'll get later). Under a few names, the only one of which I remember being the innocent-meaning-but-ostensibly-perverse KingDoodleDong, I posted about Smash and Animal Crossing for Wii U, which is slated for release tomorrow, and, yes, butted heads with the young memoryman3.

Now, I don't know how many of you posted as teenagers, but if you have, you might've experienced this: young people on the internet always assume that everyone around them is a competent adult. Memoryman3 was an established member of the community, which I conflated with literal seniority. In fact, it would appear that memoryman3 was several weeks younger than me all along! As a staunch Animal Crossing puritan, I derided in 2014 a new spinoff character named Lottie, claiming that I didn't know who she was. To which, memoryman3, bless his soul, responded, questioning the validity of my enthusiasm for Animal Crossing. Ah, memoryman3.

On this platform I even tried my hand at long-form thread creation, once I had of course accrued enough of the so-called karma to do so. I remember distinctly pouring a great deal of time, or at least what felt like a great deal of time, into a satirical (a word I knowingly use loosely in this instance) script for a Nintendo E3. The original text has been lost to time and fun-killing moderation policies, but I will never forget the words of a single commentor: "this guy is actually pretty funny sometimes." It was then I knew I'd always be dependent on the approval of strangers on the internet.

And I was hooked! Or, I would be, if GameFAQs had even half the level of community and discourse of NeoGAF. A couple of other things about the forum drew me back to GAF as well. First, GameFAQs separates discussion by game, creating a dearth of quality content and a difficulty in finding genuine news and interesting discussion. Second, and much more critically to me as a burgeoning forum lover, was the lack of identity found on GameFAQs. Everyone had a screen name, but rather than having huge, colorful icons and space dedicated to profiles, like on GAF and Eurobricks, GameFAQs took a more Reddit-style approach (this is certainly anachronistic, but you know what I mean) to user identity, only specifying name and possibly rank, if I recall correctly.

So I was drawn back to lurking on GAF. As I grew older, I began to understand the community, the nuance to interaction, the types of arguments, which arguments were in earnest, which were in jest, and what made the forum so great. It was the interaction. People that were willing to talk to one another, to initiate conversations, to butt heads as often as they engaged as a community in solipsistic, self-laudatory shitposts. All of this, enabled by the shared interest in video gaming.

Enter EtcetERA.

Wait.

Enter Off-Topic.

Off-Topic Discussion was critical to me in my mid-teens. Already socially liberal by nature, the community on NeoGAF shaped my opinions on many issues, while also providing an outlet to witness debate and see critical logic in action. While often chided as an echo chamber, NeoGAF had perfect acoustics for any burgeoning critical thinker willing to question new ideas, while still being solidly liberal. Yeah, GAF didn't make me liberal, it merely made me informed.

By the time the NX rumor mill was at full capacity, the workers only leaving late into the night, that I began to really want in. Now, I'd always wanted to be a part of the community I'd examined for years, but the staunch limitations on membership stymied me. I needed an institutional or paid e-mail to prove my worth (and humanity), and wait times were notoriously long. However, this past October, I used a university e-mail I had gotten via attendance of physics seminars to apply for membership! Alas, I'd soon live my dream, earning the validation of complete strangers from all corners of the globe.

Weeks later, GAF disappeared.

I refreshed the forum one morning on my phone, as I was oft to do, the forum was missing. Super Mario Odyssey, a game that I had anticipated hotly, was launching in mere days, and I was unable to read the musings of strangers about aliasing and the like. Via other channels I pieced together what had happened, and was naturally crushed.

Then, like a dusty eighties film franchise, NeoGAF was rebooted. Rather than going with the natural choice, NeoNeoGAF, the new regime picked an only slightly inferior name, ResetERA, and had a site running just before Odyssey launched. Emily and Nibel saved Christmas, everyone!

That wasn't the only appeal, however. The unique circumstance of the move beget a miracle: easy applications for lurkers, effectively welcoming them into the community with open arms. Inevitably, I joined, and I am eternally grateful that I was able to do so. I already have a wealth of experience on ERA. Like when I talked about music with Fat4Al! Or when I pissed off the famed television panel connoisseur blamespace by disparaging Billy Joel, an infraction for which I will never be forgiven. I've also been trollen by a mod, a temporary propagator of Chibi-Robo facts, and even lost my beloved (if flagrantly derivative) avatar for a few weeks. And, I couldn't not mention the phenomenal support I received from members and staff alike during a period of poor mental health, with which I continue to fight, supported by the compassion of the community and others.

So, now that I've completed my brief introduction, it's time for the OP. Nah, I think I've made my point in the above twelve hundred words. So, instead, I turn to the community. Any other former lurkers? Any posters have thoughts on the nature of this long-standing community and its rich history? Also welcome, of course, are forum memories.

Also, hi lurkers! I know you're there. Don't feel too bad, for the most part you do the same routine as a member: scroll, refresh, scroll, refresh. Membership is overrated tbqh
didnt read lol just wanted to quote
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4322 on: April 19, 2018, 12:40:55 AM »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4323 on: April 19, 2018, 12:50:34 AM »
the bore is a sony fansite

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4324 on: April 19, 2018, 12:55:53 AM »

Given that the infamous prolific poster memoryman3 has come out with a statement today declaring that he intends to extricate himself from all avenues of online video game discussion to focus on his personal development, for which we're all proud of him on gaming side, I figured that the momentous occasion would be a fitting one to start a discussion I've been thinking about for a long time.

Forum culture is fascinating, and the intricacies of this community in particular are worth noting. But first, a brief profile on me. Like memoryman3, I in the past two months turned eighteen, becoming an adult. No longer was I marginalizing the sophisticated sanctity of ResetERA with my mere presence, much to my satisfaction. This comes after years as an adolescent lurker. For a few years beginning when I was nine or ten, I lurked on the premier forum for adult aficionados of LEGO bricks, Eurobricks. Leaked LEGO sets still occasionally draw my attention out of habit, to be honest.

From Eurobricks, I discovered NeoGAF. My earliest distinct memory of lurking on GAF was during Nintendo's E3 presentation of 2014, a phenomenal year. Living rurally, I did not have an adequate internet connection to watch the stream itself, so imagine my excitement trying to piece together Splatoon from such comments as "Bloopers?!" and learning via the forum that Captain Toad was getting a dedicated title. Prior to that, I remember purveying prerelease discussion of Mario Kart 8, which perhaps amusingly remains the only video game I've ever preordered.

Of course, games were only a piece of the puzzle. As I aged, I grew fascinated with the dynamic of the forum. It began with meager attempts to discern esoteric phrases and abbreviations like RTTP and OT (and OT meant and continues to mean, like, thirty different things, mind you). But as a traditional-style forum, the personalities began to compel me. Huge names like Fat4all (excuse me, big-boned names like Fat4All), blame space (whose sacred name I refuse to violate with capitalization), Neiteio (who I'm pretty sure was on GAF, but joined pretty late), and, of course, our departed memoryman3.

Memoryman3 is particular significance to me, as I will forever associate his alias with my early interest in participation in forums. As a pre-pubescent teen, I found a natural home at GameFAQs, where I was delighted to find no restrictions for making an account (to which we'll get later). Under a few names, the only one of which I remember being the innocent-meaning-but-ostensibly-perverse KingDoodleDong, I posted about Smash and Animal Crossing for Wii U, which is slated for release tomorrow, and, yes, butted heads with the young memoryman3.

Now, I don't know how many of you posted as teenagers, but if you have, you might've experienced this: young people on the internet always assume that everyone around them is a competent adult. Memoryman3 was an established member of the community, which I conflated with literal seniority. In fact, it would appear that memoryman3 was several weeks younger than me all along! As a staunch Animal Crossing puritan, I derided in 2014 a new spinoff character named Lottie, claiming that I didn't know who she was. To which, memoryman3, bless his soul, responded, questioning the validity of my enthusiasm for Animal Crossing. Ah, memoryman3.

On this platform I even tried my hand at long-form thread creation, once I had of course accrued enough of the so-called karma to do so. I remember distinctly pouring a great deal of time, or at least what felt like a great deal of time, into a satirical (a word I knowingly use loosely in this instance) script for a Nintendo E3. The original text has been lost to time and fun-killing moderation policies, but I will never forget the words of a single commentor: "this guy is actually pretty funny sometimes." It was then I knew I'd always be dependent on the approval of strangers on the internet.

And I was hooked! Or, I would be, if GameFAQs had even half the level of community and discourse of NeoGAF. A couple of other things about the forum drew me back to GAF as well. First, GameFAQs separates discussion by game, creating a dearth of quality content and a difficulty in finding genuine news and interesting discussion. Second, and much more critically to me as a burgeoning forum lover, was the lack of identity found on GameFAQs. Everyone had a screen name, but rather than having huge, colorful icons and space dedicated to profiles, like on GAF and Eurobricks, GameFAQs took a more Reddit-style approach (this is certainly anachronistic, but you know what I mean) to user identity, only specifying name and possibly rank, if I recall correctly.

So I was drawn back to lurking on GAF. As I grew older, I began to understand the community, the nuance to interaction, the types of arguments, which arguments were in earnest, which were in jest, and what made the forum so great. It was the interaction. People that were willing to talk to one another, to initiate conversations, to butt heads as often as they engaged as a community in solipsistic, self-laudatory shitposts. All of this, enabled by the shared interest in video gaming.

Enter EtcetERA.

Wait.

Enter Off-Topic.

Off-Topic Discussion was critical to me in my mid-teens. Already socially liberal by nature, the community on NeoGAF shaped my opinions on many issues, while also providing an outlet to witness debate and see critical logic in action. While often chided as an echo chamber, NeoGAF had perfect acoustics for any burgeoning critical thinker willing to question new ideas, while still being solidly liberal. Yeah, GAF didn't make me liberal, it merely made me informed.

By the time the NX rumor mill was at full capacity, the workers only leaving late into the night, that I began to really want in. Now, I'd always wanted to be a part of the community I'd examined for years, but the staunch limitations on membership stymied me. I needed an institutional or paid e-mail to prove my worth (and humanity), and wait times were notoriously long. However, this past October, I used a university e-mail I had gotten via attendance of physics seminars to apply for membership! Alas, I'd soon live my dream, earning the validation of complete strangers from all corners of the globe.

I refreshed the forum one morning on my phone, as I was oft to do, the forum was missing. Super Mario Odyssey, a game that I had anticipated hotly, was launching in mere days, and I was unable to read the musings of strangers about aliasing and the like. Via other channels I pieced together what had happened, and was naturally crushed.

Then, like a dusty eighties film franchise, NeoGAF was rebooted. Rather than going with the natural choice, NeoNeoGAF, the new regime picked an only slightly inferior name, ResetERA, and had a site running just before Odyssey launched. Emily and Nibel saved Christmas, everyone!

That wasn't the only appeal, however. The unique circumstance of the move beget a miracle: easy applications for lurkers, effectively welcoming them into the community with open arms. Inevitably, I joined, and I am eternally grateful that I was able to do so. I already have a wealth of experience on ERA. Like when I talked about music with Fat4Al! Or when I pissed off the famed television panel connoisseur blamespace by disparaging Billy Joel, an infraction for which I will never be forgiven. I've also been trollen by a mod, a temporary propagator of Chibi-Robo facts, and even lost my beloved (if flagrantly derivative) avatar for a few weeks. And, I couldn't not mention the phenomenal support I received from members and staff alike during a period of poor mental health, with which I continue to fight, supported by the compassion of the community and others.

So, now that I've completed my brief introduction, it's time for the OP. Nah, I think I've made my point in the above twelve hundred words. So, instead, I turn to the community. Any other former lurkers? Any posters have thoughts on the nature of this long-standing community and its rich history? Also welcome, of course, are forum memories.

Also, hi lurkers! I know you're there. Don't feel too bad, for the most part you do the same routine as a member: scroll, refresh, scroll, refresh. Membership is overrated tbqh
que

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4325 on: April 19, 2018, 12:56:06 AM »

Enter EtcetERA.

Wait.

Enter Off-Topic.

didnt read lol just wanted to quote
Think of the mobile posters.
Where is this even from?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4326 on: April 19, 2018, 12:57:59 AM »
the bore is a sony fansite

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4327 on: April 19, 2018, 01:18:19 AM »
Guys I can't have a good laugh at labor trying to act as if other music genres rely on bitch as much as hip hop if you keep quoting the entire Bible
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-it-still-acceptable-to-refer-to-woman-as-b-in-hip-hop-music.37131/

lol @ all the users twisting to try and make it seem like bitch isn't generally used as a gendered insult

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4328 on: April 19, 2018, 02:03:15 AM »

NO ONE HAS SAID IT IS NOT

SO MANY PEOPLE IN THIS TOPIC, INCLUDING MYSELF, HAVE SAID IT MASSIVELY DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4329 on: April 19, 2018, 02:04:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-study-needs-to-be-done-about-sony-fans-the-community-is-amazing.37186/

ITT: Sony ponies jerking each other off.
ITT Opie has the most hilarious allergic reaction to his own body salt, thread laughs at him

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4330 on: April 19, 2018, 02:05:06 AM »
The voices arguing in bad faith dominate the debate in spaces like this. You have most if not all of the black posters being insulted or ignored as well.

It's expected though so it's whatever
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4331 on: April 19, 2018, 02:06:13 AM »
your face is a bad faith :maf

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4332 on: April 19, 2018, 02:07:03 AM »
That bitch thread is amazing.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4333 on: April 19, 2018, 02:12:43 AM »
skimmed a few posts and im surprised it's not closed for not being productive or whatever

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4334 on: April 19, 2018, 02:22:37 AM »
It's ripe for a "Are we the baddies ?" meme too.
LionPride trying to argue that it's acceptable (IN CERTAIN CONTEXTS) because it's allowed on mainstream television.
:neogaf
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4335 on: April 19, 2018, 02:25:00 AM »
Anyone bring up how us cricketing commonwealthers call each other cunts like 90% of the time yet?  :hitler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4336 on: April 19, 2018, 02:25:48 AM »
Anyone bring up how us cricketing commonwealthers call each other cunts like 90% of the time yet?  :hitler

Yes.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4337 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:34 AM »

Enter EtcetERA.

Wait.

Enter Off-Topic.

User was banned (Permanently) for: Eggressiously engaging in the practice of questionship of members humanity in comparison to non-members humanity, calling out specific members of the forum, discussing issues related to the existence of The Old Place without oversight from regulatory commissioners, not calling out other deserving members, and especially making adminphobic remarks by not naming all members of the administration staff in statement thanking the creation of this discussion engagement platform.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #4338 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-study-needs-to-be-done-about-sony-fans-the-community-is-amazing.37186/

ITT: Sony ponies jerking each other off.

Due to the hype cycle for God of War, I thought it already came out and people beat it. People lost their shit more than a week before release.
OH!

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4339 on: April 19, 2018, 03:12:46 AM »
I mean, they said they'd loosen up and they did.
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4340 on: April 19, 2018, 03:52:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-it-still-acceptable-to-refer-to-woman-as-b-in-hip-hop-music.37131/

lol @ all the users twisting to try and make it seem like bitch isn't generally used as a gendered insult

lp
Context

Context

Context

I have said it, others have said it

I ain't sayin bitch if I'm with a damn coworker period the fuck

And plus, you can say bitch on TV and it's fine.  You can say fuck, nicca, and cigarillo on tv.    Fuck on Broken Bad, nicca on Carmichael Show, and cigarillo on South Park. 

Context, context, context.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6942323/

Labor
The premise of this thread and every version of it I've ever seen is that rap and by extension black men are inherently more misogynistic than non-black men.

Him and Deep Water have been running with the, It's ok to say bitch because you are all being racist against me.

It's the purest distillation of a race card since I argued my essay on The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven should get an A instead of a B because the Prof didn't know the true Lakota experience like I do.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:58:12 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

« Reply #4341 on: April 19, 2018, 04:03:57 AM »
There is something funny about bitches and dog whistles though.

benjipwns

« Reply #4342 on: April 19, 2018, 04:04:11 AM »
"I'm Rick James, bitch" - alt-right comedian Dave Chappelle sending a secret message to his Russian GamerGate supporters

SmokyDave

« Reply #4343 on: April 19, 2018, 04:16:55 AM »
Anyone see that discussion on forum culture from a former forum lurker?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4344 on: April 19, 2018, 04:18:33 AM »
"Bitch is a sexist dog whistle. " :lol

I don't think this dude knows what the term "dog whistle" actually means.

I think dog whistle has become a dog whistle

50% chance I made that joke before
[close]

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4345 on: April 19, 2018, 04:22:33 AM »
Gentlemen, we are witnessing "Black Fragility." 

I wish I had the balls to post that.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #4346 on: April 19, 2018, 04:24:28 AM »
Anyone see that discussion on forum culture from a former forum lurker?
can you quote it here? i don't want to visit resetera.com

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4347 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:40 AM »
Gentlemen, we are witnessing "Black Fragility." 

I wish I had the balls to post that.

"How dare you make this about race"

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4348 on: April 19, 2018, 05:21:54 AM »
In the thread about asian males outnumbering females:
they patriarchied so hard they fucked themselves. Good, im glad their little eugenics experiments will eventually do massive harm to their countries

when you're a psychotic fucking Social Studies Warrior...
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4349 on: April 19, 2018, 06:08:46 AM »
In the thread about asian males outnumbering females:
they patriarchied so hard they fucked themselves. Good, im glad their little eugenics experiments will eventually do massive harm to their countries

when you're a psychotic fucking Social Studies Warrior...
in one instance where the rabid restrictionists wings worries are not easily discounted by history or logic, this kind of population imbalances negative effects don't tend to stay within the nation's borders (or at least seem to draw our global society into them when they do)

benjipwns

« Reply #4350 on: April 19, 2018, 06:12:15 AM »
I heard some horrific stories about forced abortions due to the Chinese one child policy or parents being forced to abandon their children.

Part of me hopes maybe this serves as a lesson to the government to not try and limit peoples basic human rights. A government shouldn't have the authority to decide whether or not you can have children. It's abhorrent.
"Woah, I never thought of it that way." - Xi Jinping

benjipwns

« Reply #4351 on: April 19, 2018, 06:20:42 AM »
this forum is great: https://www.resetera.com/threads/chinese-communist-party-is-setting-up-cells-at-universities-across-america.37041/
Communism as an idea needs to die, just like slavery and feudalism have.
Slavery died?

Communism as an idea needs to die, just like slavery and feudalism have.
>slavery
>dead

have you seen the american prison system

Funny thing is the modern Chinese communism party is basically a right wing nationalist party in some ways - with their heavy protectionism policies and constant xenophobic propaganda against countries like Japan and Korea.

This is what gets non-westerners riled up... When they speak of Liberal democracies as being superior and better than the system they are quiet happily living under.
I know... its a really hard concept to grasp and accept... that For many people in the world, freedom of speech and political life isnt the be all and end all of human existence, and these ideas are viewed with suspicion due to their western centric nature.

Yes, i like democracy too because im from the west but its this bullshit of looking down on other forms of governments that gives people gripes because the end of history has shown that democracy isn't the be all and end all of human societal organisation and that people are perfectly happy with an autocratic government as long as they benefit economically. The myth that economic progress must equal social progress towards liberalism and democracy is dead.

Westerners ought to start respecting other people's cultural values and way of life and get rid of this paternalistic/civilising superiority complex out of their world view because this is exactly justifies so much western interventionism, and this whole attitude can be viewed as the organic and natural progression of colonialism or imperialism

but the main thing i wanted to :neogaf about is how this has been a thing for decades, Michigan State University responded to this by tearing down the foreign student dorm-apartments in the 1970s because the Communist Party was having like 20 people of all ages live in a one-room apartment and pay rent to the Party member who was setting them up and running each of the buildings :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4352 on: April 19, 2018, 06:26:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-dude-at-the-fast-food-drive-thru-addressed-me-by-my-first-name-today.37155/
And he did in kind of a weird tone that I'm not sure of, with a hard emphasis on the first syllable. My name isn't Edward, but it's two syllables like that. It was like "Thanks, ED-ward... ;) have a nice day"

Obviously, I didn't tell him my name/formally introduce myself, so he had to take a good look at my card to know it. So I admit, I'm a regular at this Del Taco. Yes, I'm ready for you motherfucking fast food internet connoisseurs. Go away. I like their sauce, and it's so close to my place and so easy to get to on my way home from work, alright? I probably go there like weekly to bi-weekly, depending. I think I've seen this guy a few times before. This week I've been there twice, but this guy wasn't the server the first time.

I'm just a little teeny-tiny bit unnerved about it—unnerved enough to post about it on the internet. He was talking with a couple of his coworkers and they looked like they might've been joking around before they opened the window. Did I do something wrong? I don't really make small talk at the drive-through. And I don't think a lot of people do either? I admit, I get fast food fairly often. My job is kind of to serve sometimes too, and I fucking hate making small talk. I don't want to put other people through that shit. I kind of don't want to go there anymore, which I think is an overreaction, as all of this kind of is. Do I start ordering very different items? Do I disguise myself when I go with sunglasses and fake mustaches, maybe a wig? Is it actually normal for drive-thru servers to address you by name? No, it means I have a problem when they start to recognize me, right?
all the people making fun of the OP are going to have egg on their face when it turns out the SUSPECT DEL TACO EMPLOYEE was memorizing his card and security number so he could make a bunch of ILLEGAL online purchases and ruin his credit score

this message brought to you by Yum! Brands, our employees are mostly not criminals, we think
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4353 on: April 19, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-dude-at-the-fast-food-drive-thru-addressed-me-by-my-first-name-today.37155/
And he did in kind of a weird tone that I'm not sure of, with a hard emphasis on the first syllable. My name isn't Edward, but it's two syllables like that. It was like "Thanks, ED-ward... ;) have a nice day"

Obviously, I didn't tell him my name/formally introduce myself, so he had to take a good look at my card to know it. So I admit, I'm a regular at this Del Taco. Yes, I'm ready for you motherfucking fast food internet connoisseurs. Go away. I like their sauce, and it's so close to my place and so easy to get to on my way home from work, alright? I probably go there like weekly to bi-weekly, depending. I think I've seen this guy a few times before. This week I've been there twice, but this guy wasn't the server the first time.

I'm just a little teeny-tiny bit unnerved about it—unnerved enough to post about it on the internet. He was talking with a couple of his coworkers and they looked like they might've been joking around before they opened the window. Did I do something wrong? I don't really make small talk at the drive-through. And I don't think a lot of people do either? I admit, I get fast food fairly often. My job is kind of to serve sometimes too, and I fucking hate making small talk. I don't want to put other people through that shit. I kind of don't want to go there anymore, which I think is an overreaction, as all of this kind of is. Do I start ordering very different items? Do I disguise myself when I go with sunglasses and fake mustaches, maybe a wig? Is it actually normal for drive-thru servers to address you by name? No, it means I have a problem when they start to recognize me, right?
all the people making fun of the OP are going to have egg on their face when it turns out the SUSPECT DEL TACO EMPLOYEE was memorizing his card and security number so he could make a bunch of ILLEGAL online purchases and ruin his credit score

this message brought to you by Yum! Brands, our employees are mostly not criminals, we think
[close]

©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4354 on: April 19, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »
these fucking bitches, the woman at the post office remembers me by name and asks about specific shit in my life and I see her once a year  :neogaf

nudemacusers

« Reply #4355 on: April 19, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Because deep down, some women get off on being degraded

Well that’s not problematic
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

« Reply #4356 on: April 19, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »

[close]

:rofl

tummyfat

« Reply #4357 on: April 19, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
"Bitch, please - you must have a mental disease. Assume the position and get back down on your knees"

NOT MISOGYNY

Boredfrom

« Reply #4358 on: April 19, 2018, 12:24:02 PM »

[close]

(Image removed from quote.) :rofl

That gif triggers me...

nudemacusers

« Reply #4359 on: April 19, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »
I just want to state for those from resetera reading this thread while diligently scrolling past the walls of text, that you are free to use the word bitch here without penalty or harsh judgement.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

tummyfat

« Reply #4360 on: April 19, 2018, 12:55:05 PM »
If these ridiculous leaps in logic in the 'bitch' thread don't get LionPride banned then nothing will

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4361 on: April 19, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
Is he a proud lion or a pride of lions?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4362 on: April 19, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
I just want to state for those from resetera reading this thread while diligently scrolling past the walls of text, that you are free to use the word bitch here without penalty or harsh judgement.

You mean the b word?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6942562/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/6958439/

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4363 on: April 19, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
How do they feel about Hoez with Attitudes?

agrajag

« Reply #4364 on: April 19, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »
why does the bore not have a word filter for bitch  :thinking

problematic

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4365 on: April 19, 2018, 01:06:01 PM »
GAF, Astrology is killing my relationship and proposed marriage!

And its tearing me apart!
Me and my gf have been in a relationship since 2 years and we love each other very much. With great difficulty we got her parents to at least start thinking of me as future son-in-law and all. We have this practice here in India where the families go to astrologers and based on your birth place and time and shit they predict if this is a good match. There were some issues mentioned by the astrologers earlier but they were also saying they will be solved by some rituals etc. Now suddenly all astrologers have started saying that if we get married I will die within 6 months and what not and hence this cant be done and there is no solution. Her parents have now freaked out and effectively refused to get us married. After a lot of melodrama, to me it looks like she might also give up as her parents are doing lots of emotional drama. This is killing me as I had imagined my whole life with her and its as if my life is shattering in front of me. I showed to 2-3astrologers and all of them are saying the same thing now.
Never thought this shit would happen to me. I am going through hell right now. :(
At least I am glad people in western countries dont have to deal with this bullshit.

Update-

Just a little update. After a week (during which I was genuinely happy. Not because of us talking but simply because I decided to focus on other things. I was going out with friends, meeting new people) or so of talking in the most fun and jovial way, yesterday I finally decided to ask where this thing was going to head. She said that she didnt think there was much possibility of her parents agreeing and that she was going trying to show it to a couple of more astrologers and let me know. Since I knew what they are going to say and since I dont see her actually trying to wrestle it out with her parents, I just told her that she should only call me if there was a positive news, or never call me again as there was nothing more that I could say that I hadnt and that would change her mind. Post that we havent talked.
It was the only thing I could do somwhat maturely. I wanted to explode in anger and arguments about how stupid this is, but I decided to remain calm and just ended it. Did I do the right thing?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gaf-astrology-is-killing-my-relationship-and-proposed-marriage.1461886/

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4366 on: April 19, 2018, 01:06:46 PM »
Quote from: LionPride
I do not care enough with the word bitch, 200% because in my day to day no one will think lesser of me because I say the word bitch and I kinda care about how the people I actually talk to and care for think of me, more than random internet people.

BREAKING NEWS: LionPride opts out of being an ally to women.

Read more at https://www.resetera.com/posts/6957995/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4367 on: April 19, 2018, 01:08:55 PM »
B-word?

jesus fucking christ bitches
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4368 on: April 19, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »
GAF, Astrology is killing my relationship and proposed marriage!

*Looks at stars*

*They form the b-word*

nudemacusers

« Reply #4369 on: April 19, 2018, 01:11:46 PM »
B-word?

jesus fucking christ bitches
MODS HELP
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #4370 on: April 19, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
Quote from: LionPride
I do not care enough with the word bitch, 200% because in my day to day no one will think lesser of me because I say the word bitch and I kinda care about how the people I actually talk to and care for think of me, more than random internet people.

BREAKING NEWS: LionPride opts out of being an ally to women.

Read more at https://www.resetera.com/posts/6957995/
A lot of nuance being dropped itt. Punching down too. Shame. Also if someone wants to get Morrigan to scuttle away just drop a low key ref to Bowie fucking 13 yo’s as an example of rock misogyny
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #4371 on: April 19, 2018, 01:32:38 PM »

he's lyin with pride

nudemacusers

« Reply #4372 on: April 19, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
:drudge
Guys, check this Gamecritics podcast:

https://gamecritics.com/brad-gallaway/gamecritics-radio-so-videogames-ep-78/

They talked about God of War and they were like "best game of the year? Ahahahah". They also laughed when one on them said that it would get a 7 or something.

This is nothing more than a clickbait website, that keeps trashing on games just for pure fun and clicks.

5 to Uncharted 4, 6 to MGS V, 6.5 to Horizon, 6.5 to Persona 5, 6.5 to NieR Automata, 6 to Uncharted TLL, 7 to Bloodborne. The list goes on and on...

How is even possible that Metacritic is still colaborating with them, or Sony sending them review copies?

We should do something. I've already done my part, reported this to Sid Shuman (Sony) and Metacritic.

Do whatever you can to prevent this website from doing this over and over.
Wonder if any reset admins will take mantle and lead the charge to get this problematic outlet off the metacritic tally  :stop

Shinobi prob could, plenty of time before the November primaries :umad

Edit:

Look what they gave Zelda and Mario and you'll understand what's going on here.
Ofc written by some dweeb with a Kratos’d avatar. Pls never reproduce.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:49:08 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4373 on: April 19, 2018, 01:55:33 PM »
Lionpride making the same bannable excuses for using the b word that people got got in other threads over the n word.

tummyfat

« Reply #4374 on: April 19, 2018, 01:56:14 PM »
Lionpride is bitchmade

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4375 on: April 19, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »

he's a dumb biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach
©@©™

etiolate

« Reply #4376 on: April 19, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/6957070/

Is it just me, or do these two strips have a conservative bent to them? The first one seems like the standard "lazy millennial" argument, while the second seems to downplay the role of conservative Twitter bots.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4377 on: April 19, 2018, 02:12:19 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #4378 on: April 19, 2018, 02:13:29 PM »
Too obvious bait, Etiolate.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4379 on: April 19, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »