Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5830866 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #58320 on: February 03, 2019, 06:18:36 PM »
I don't think the controversy surrounding Title IX was whether it is on paper sexist, but rather the way it has been interpreted. And actually not Title IX in itself but rather in conjunction with the controversial 'Dear Colleague' letter which essentially introduced a new interpretation of Title IX. So an example would the introduction of tribunals for sexual assault cases that universities were now obligated to do. The preponderance in some of these cases for a guilty until proven innocent approach brought criticism from many.

So I'm not even sure whether you completely defend Title IX or not. Whether it is sexist on paper is kind of an irrelevant point when really the issue is the problematic way it has been interpreted.

Just one of hundreds of cases where a male student was falsely accused of rape, kicked out school and then allowed back after evidenced proved his innocence.  To say it is not sexist, "because some guy was butthurt" simply proves you speak of a situation you know nothing about.

https://dailytrojan.com/2018/12/29/usc-reinstates-former-student-to-reopen-title-ix-investigation/

This is why I am stepping away from this place. Many of you are just a slightly less batshit crazy version of the Resetera you poke fun at here.
lol at this guy being so butthurt over a post he didn't even read properly that agrees with him

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58321 on: February 03, 2019, 06:20:43 PM »
This athletes thing just makes me think of that time Eric Cartman pretended to be special needs so he could join the Special Olympics and smoke all the competition only to discover they were actually great athletes and he got annihilated
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58322 on: February 03, 2019, 06:23:05 PM »
Quote from: Platy
Exactly, even the example in the op she won a competition and set a STATE record. Like what a fucking advantage is that which you can't even set a country or worldwide record?

Look I know this is Platy but from anyone else this would be a crown jewel level insidious troll  :delicious
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #58323 on: February 03, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »
Honestly I think it depends on whether I agree with benji, but benji comes off as a bigot sometimes

disclaimer: I'm not a bigot

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58324 on: February 03, 2019, 06:26:25 PM »
Honestly I think it depends on whether I agree with benji, but benji comes off as a bigot sometimes

disclaimer: I'm not a bigot

You're a trigot
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #58325 on: February 03, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »
Being trans isn't a defense against being a stupid asshole.

Rachel McKinnon = stupid asshole
Brianna Wu = stupid asshole
incelsiorlef = stupid asshole
Katelyn Burns = stupid asshole
GameStop sHe-Man = asshole, probably stupid
Everything regarding the profound crime of "misgendering" = stupid assholes

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58326 on: February 03, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
Being trans isn't a defense against being a stupid asshole.

Rachel McKinnon = stupid asshole
Brianna Wu = stupid asshole
incelsiorlef = stupid asshole
Katelyn Burns = stupid asshole
GameStop sHe-Man = asshole, probably stupid
Everything regarding the profound crime of "misgendering" = stupid assholes

:wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                                :wag                               
Uncle

« Reply #58327 on: February 03, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-powerlifting-bans-all-trans-women-from-competing-as-women-read-op.97448/page-4#post-17540578
Understandable.

User banned (permanent): transphobia, ignoring the modpost

I know it's happened so many times before. It still gets me though. These are the hateful, intolerable words and hot takes that are tantamount to hate speech for Era.

"Understandable."

benjipwns

« Reply #58328 on: February 03, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
That post really opened my eyes to just how large the GamerGate conspiracy was, they went back and changed Brianna Wu's Birth Certificate, College and Voter Records, her comics, her violent racism, even news articles and stories about the first 25 years of her life, just to misgender her past. And yet GOG claims to not know the date GamerGate started? It's like, we see you.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #58329 on: February 03, 2019, 06:51:33 PM »

You're proving this banned member right, benji
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #58330 on: February 03, 2019, 06:53:59 PM »
Quote from: Platy
Exactly, even the example in the op she won a competition and set a STATE record. Like what a fucking advantage is that which you can't even set a country or worldwide record?
"World record? Come back to me when you have an intergalactic record, scrub." :nope

benjipwns

« Reply #58331 on: February 03, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

No, I'm not. I still have not posted on NeoGAF.com regarding GamerGate or "transgenderism" so stop spreading lies from BANNED ResetERA.com members none of whom can be trusted. Especially any who were once moderators.

benjipwns

« Reply #58332 on: February 03, 2019, 07:00:00 PM »
I note that shosta has still never posted his moderator school yearbook for examination. Nor mentioned any dance competition victories he may have used blackface in. I ask you fellow members, why? What is he hiding?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #58333 on: February 03, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
So if this professor of physiology would post on RE she'd just be banned and branded transphobic?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/99434993/professor-of-physiology-says-trans-athlete-has-advantage-in-speed-and-power

It is a topic that needs a lot more research, that is something everyone can agree on and yet RE just puts their foot down.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #58334 on: February 03, 2019, 07:10:48 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

karpalojones found a disposable mail.

:lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #58335 on: February 03, 2019, 07:11:52 PM »
I note that shosta has still never posted his moderator school yearbook for examination. Nor mentioned any dance competition victories he may have used blackface in. I ask you fellow members, why? What is he hiding?
In case any pictures come out in the future, I just want to say in advance: I'm deeply sorry, and it wasn't me, in that order.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #58336 on: February 03, 2019, 07:15:47 PM »
To become a world champ you either have to
- Lift and eat healthy.
- Change genders.

I can't blame those dudes for using a #lifehack.
They probably competed at toddler sports events before.

🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58337 on: February 03, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »
So if this professor of physiology would post on RE she'd just be banned and branded transphobic?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/99434993/professor-of-physiology-says-trans-athlete-has-advantage-in-speed-and-power

It is a topic that needs a lot more research, that is something everyone can agree on and yet RE just puts their foot down.

I'm not even sure if more research could accomplish much, unless it's like "study shows that minority of athletes with one thing in common set unprecedented majority of records"

Eventually you get to the point where you start dithering about how many training weights to strap to them to make competition fair and then you've already lost
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #58338 on: February 03, 2019, 07:20:06 PM »
It is a topic that needs a lot more research, that is something everyone can agree on
No, it doesn't. The science is settled.

And just because you can cite some probably lesbian TERF weirdo doesn't mean anything as DOCTOR Rachel McKinnon refuses to be erased by people like you.

agrajag

« Reply #58339 on: February 03, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »
The lengths the superwoke of Reee bend over backwards to validate transwomanhood that they are willing to steamroll biological women reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was trying to validate Lloyd Braun's normalcy to the point that he was willing to eat a 50 year old hot dog.

benjipwns

« Reply #58340 on: February 03, 2019, 07:22:15 PM »
If being trans is an advantage then why aren't transmen setting men's world records constantly?

Checkmate, anti-science bigots.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58341 on: February 03, 2019, 07:22:19 PM »
What I really don't understand is the modpost talking about athletes "transitioning" or going on hormones as if that was something necessary in order to enter the female club?

Why should athletes have to go to all this effort in order to "pass," why so much emphasis on fitting into society's prescribed standards for womanhood
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #58342 on: February 03, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »
or the episode where Kramer joined a karate class with a bunch of kids and was whooping on them   :teehee

Pwnz

« Reply #58343 on: February 03, 2019, 07:23:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-powerlifting-bans-all-trans-women-from-competing-as-women-read-op.97448/page-4#post-17540578
Understandable.

User banned (permanent): transphobia, ignoring the modpost

I know it's happened so many times before. It still gets me though. These are the hateful, intolerable words and hot takes that are tantamount to hate speech for Era.

"Understandable."

Rofl. So much aggressive moderating on this. Not a warning, not a 1 week ban, permed. I cannot think of another topic in which moderation is so absurd in re.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #58344 on: February 03, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »
To become a world champ you either have to
- Lift and eat healthy.
- Change genders.

I can't blame those dudes for using a #lifehack.
They probably competed at toddler sports events before.

More like they got kicked out of the Special Olympics.

agrajag

« Reply #58345 on: February 03, 2019, 07:24:28 PM »
If being trans is an advantage then why aren't transmen setting men's world records constantly?

Checkmate, anti-science bigots.

they would be if the events were in knitting or sandwich assembling

:ufup

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #58346 on: February 03, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »
Quote from: Sandstar, post: 17535923, member: 23499
Can we change the title so there's not a gendered slur in it?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-official-potus-is-a-lazy-cunt.97468/

It’s Official: POTUS is a lazy cuntx
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #58347 on: February 03, 2019, 07:24:56 PM »
The lengths the superwoke of Reee bend over backwards to validate transwomanhood that they are willing to steamroll biological women reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was trying to validate Lloyd Braun's normalcy to the point that he was willing to eat a 50 year old hot dog.
Next you'll claim that Jerry doesn't wear glasses.

Now let's buy some Japanese gum!

agrajag

« Reply #58348 on: February 03, 2019, 07:25:50 PM »
Next you'll claim that Jerry doesn't wear glasses.

Now let's buy some Japanese gum!

chinese

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58349 on: February 03, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »

or the episode where Kramer joined a karate class with a bunch of kids and was whooping on them   :teehee

Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #58350 on: February 03, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »
Rofl. So much aggressive moderating on this. Not a warning, not a 1 week ban, permed. I cannot think of another topic in which moderation is so absurd in re.
It's the same reason as:
it cuz Sweet Nicole a redneck confederate lol

can only inflammatory generalize against places/people/etc. the mods identify with, otherwise get fucked you gamer scum, respect my storefront preferences

benjipwns

« Reply #58351 on: February 03, 2019, 07:27:46 PM »
Elaine: Well, I'm just gonna tell him no. I can't run the catalog.

Kramer: Whoa, whoa. Can't? When did that word enter your vocabulary? What, is the job too difficult? (Jerry nods) What, you don't have enough experience? (Jerry shakes his head) Oh, you're not smart enough? (Jerry shakes his head) Where's your confidence? (Jerry shrugs his shoulders) Look, Elaine, let me tell you a story. When I first studied karate...

Elaine: Karate?

Kramer: Yeah, karate. I had no support. Not from him, not from Newman, no one. The first time I sparred with an opponent, I was terrified. My legs, they were like noodles. But then I looked inside, and I found my katra.

Elaine: Katra?

Kramer: Yeah, your spirit, your, uh, being. The part of you that says, "Yes, I can!"

Jerry: Sammy Davis had it.

Kramer: So I listened to my katra and now <vreep> I'm dominating the dojo. I'm class champion.

Elaine: Well, you know, I, I have watched Peterman run the company.

Kramer: Sure you have.

Elaine: I know how to do it. Pair of pants, a stupid story, a huge markup. I can do that.

Kramer: You follow your katra, and you can do anything. (leads her to the door) Now get out of here.

Elaine: (excitedly) Okay.

[Kramer slams the door behind her.]

Kramer: That kid is gonna be all right.

Jerry: No, she's not.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #58352 on: February 03, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »
Hopefully I can soon make it onto some pro female Csgo teams. Rise up gamers and athletes around the world.

benjipwns

« Reply #58353 on: February 03, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »
No no, I think you're supposed to pretend to be a female on a men's Overwatch team or something. Esports.

Esports.

benjipwns

« Reply #58355 on: February 03, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »
WHICH OF YOU CROSSED THE STREAMS:

benjipwns

« Reply #58356 on: February 03, 2019, 07:41:19 PM »
Platy is the best:

benjipwns

« Reply #58358 on: February 03, 2019, 07:44:23 PM »
which of you made this because she attacked your precious anti-women video games:

xD xD xD

benjipwns

« Reply #58360 on: February 03, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »
I just don’t know if a formal “AnimeGate” will happen, in that because a lot of the grosser behaviors/terms/whatever just stems from 4chan/channer culture anyway, it feels entirely associated with GG for me.

benjipwns

« Reply #58362 on: February 03, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
So when that alt-right uses japanese cartoons as an endorsement of it's behavior, it's just more bad faith Jordan Peterson style readings of fiction.

benjipwns

« Reply #58363 on: February 03, 2019, 07:50:56 PM »
Also, on the subject itself-- I feel this is a long time coming. In the Goblin Slayer threads even on here, lots of the defense of it reeked of the same crap you'd see during Gamergate.
That being said. The alt-right trying to take it over is very disheartening. As well as people hating on it without giving certain shows a chance to actually get going and get their story across.

You can see it every now and then on era with all the avatar hate and people just jumping into the threads to shit on the medium
I NEED AN ADULT OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Boredfrom

« Reply #58364 on: February 03, 2019, 07:52:06 PM »
which of you made this because she attacked your precious anti-women video games:

xD xD xD

So Morrigan is a huge poser, why I’m not surprised?

Boredfrom

« Reply #58365 on: February 03, 2019, 07:53:53 PM »
Also, on the subject itself-- I feel this is a long time coming. In the Goblin Slayer threads even on here, lots of the defense of it reeked of the same crap you'd see during Gamergate.
That being said. The alt-right trying to take it over is very disheartening. As well as people hating on it without giving certain shows a chance to actually get going and get their story across.

You can see it every now and then on era with all the avatar hate and people just jumping into the threads to shit on the medium

I felt more people talking seriously the otaku is alt right are trolls or self hating anime fans like Morrigan and Jansen

benjipwns

« Reply #58366 on: February 03, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »
Why is everyone assuming men are competing against women.

Ya'll know what hormones and testosterone blockers are, right?
magic?

benjipwns

« Reply #58367 on: February 03, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
Quote from: Robin
The three times world champion US Women’s National soccer Team have said many times that they can only spar with up to U-15 Men’s teams or else they get run over by a professional men’s team. That’s their words, not mine. And that’s soccer, not the most contact-y sport of them all I can’t inagine how in weightlifting this difference can get. Isn’t the world records consistently higher in kilograms lifted in the men’s than the women’s side? Same thing in track and field.

I’m all for trans rights (H. Bomberguy is the shit) but this is a very complex topic where the answer may not be simple at all.
"I like that wildly popular cis person who did a nice thing for trans ppl so clearly i too am a champion of trans rights, except for this particular trans right, which is bad. "

Is this the new "I voted for Obama"?
lol, the human "right" to participate in professional sports organizations under your own terms not theirs?

Jansen

« Reply #58368 on: February 03, 2019, 07:59:19 PM »

I felt more people talking seriously the otaku is alt right are trolls or self hating anime fans like Morrigan and Jansen

Forever the butthurt weeb aren't you

It's okay you might grow out of it like I did

benjipwns

« Reply #58369 on: February 03, 2019, 08:01:04 PM »
After reading the mod post it seems like transgender women should be able to participate in women centred events so this ruling by USA Powerlifting is pretty wrong.
Yeah, haven't they read the mod post?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #58370 on: February 03, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »
You might grow out of anime, but the degenerate roots are permanently in you

benjipwns

« Reply #58371 on: February 03, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »
User banned (1 week): transphobia, ignoring the modpost
So what is the hard science? Does a trans-woman that went through male puberty have any notable advantages in the sport that other women do not?

I keep seeing opinions posted, what are the facts?
annihilated

benjipwns

« Reply #58372 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
We do create lots of different categories already without too much controversy* - or rather, there are more binary options - age categories for Tennis, for example, or various agreed upon categories in the Paralympics that rely on "like" physical differences. With gender and sex, there's only currently two binary categories in the Olympics (itself a competition with no shortage of drama)

* That's a word used from a position of ignorance - but speaking relative to the amount of media coverage - and for groups who are already better protected by law at least in the US - I'm of course sure there's disagreements happening in that sphere too and that internationally it'll be extremely complex.

As to research - of course! Like, it should be happening now. But there are athletes right now who want to compete today, and athletes who want straight answers in order to train and compete.

I think you've misunderstood my post and at least the intent my question. If anything, I intended the opposite of how you framed my question - and I accept that it's likely my fault and phrasing. If you can look past any erroneous semantic phrasing from me - my underlying question is about what's happening generally in the trans world as it relates to this discussion. It's obviously much easier to understand the historical situation because it already happened, but this is an ongoing situation and struggle with global implications as well as local ones. And I think I'm asking a pretty basic question I just want to be hyper clear that I'm not concern trolling or being disingenuous. I also don't expect you or any other poster to officially speak for a giant spectrum of people, but you (and loads of other people in the thread) are obviously more knowledgable than I am on this.

To put it super plainly: Is there a broad agreement in the Trans community generally, on the correct solution to the specific issue generally? Is that position that a person's identified sex or gender are sufficient and that (barring weight classes, age and other specific divisioning of a sport above and beyond gender) the solution is to let that be qualifier? I don't know the answer. I do (I think) know the answer as it relates to how people should be identified legally and properly, in employment, law, marriage, military service, bathrooms etc. There - at least in my corporate world, the employee tells us that fact and that's the end of that - we don't accomodate that, it's just .

This one seems more complex in part because sport already does micro categorization based solely on physical differences - weight age height etc. Even to the point of left-handedness, let alone something as fundamental and basic as their sex, gender and identity. There are multiple sports where those height, weight, reach distinctions are meaningful and some where they're absurd and an artifact of cultural norms or economics and demographics. I literally don't know what the broad trans community (including trans athletes) thinks the correct approach to either forcing or fighting for those changes is, or what the momentum is (lobbying, legislating, publicizing, arguing) driving any such movement. And I have no reason to believe there necessarily IS a "majority" opinion. Which is why I'm asking.

And maybe I'm not understanding the situation properly - from reading the IOC regulations (and maybe they've changed) it seems Trans men (a person born female who has physically transtioned to or established that they are male) are allowed to compete but that no solution or framework is currently regulated or permitted for Trans women (folks born as a woman who have transitoned to identifying as a man, regardless of the nature, timing or specific of that transition).

And I'm being careful and likely clumsy about the semantics here, because I don't want to offend or confuse anyone, or look like I'm being sneaky on purpose -- and it's a complex issue even in terms of pronouns, so apologies if my parentheses are wrong-headed, backwards or insulting - that's not my intention - which means there's a solution in the IOC's view or acceptance of one specific type or category of trans person, but no current solution for others or even future planning for such.

benjipwns

« Reply #58373 on: February 03, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »
I think it may depend on the sport, and gender may not be the right criteria for every sport. The person you were replying to did say "train with male testosterone levels for years". If you were training as a powerlifter for years before your transition, it surely would have gone differently and been on a different timeframe.
After a year on HRT, all that goes out the window.
see? magic!

benjipwns

« Reply #58374 on: February 03, 2019, 08:07:06 PM »
I think the fairest way to go about solving this problem is to abolish gender-based divisions altogether and just have tiered divisions based on athleteles' actual performance... A Division, B Division, etc.
This is the only solution I can see.
we did it :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #58375 on: February 03, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »
Lmao I can't even carry groceries anymore after getting on HRT.

HRT will destroy any 'physical advantage' a transwoman would have pretty fast. There's been enough studies done on this for this to be complete and utter nonsense :v
jesus christ, sounds like a serious personal problem

I read all the linked research and PDFs, and it looks like they pretty ambivalent. Very little hard data
:exxy MODS HELP

I'm bit troubled by ban given to opening post, genuinely don't think excluding them from thread/forum going to help educate them to know better, they gave their view, it's clearly uneducated view, really don't think it had any malice behind it, but banning them so they can't read the findings posted or be allowed to follow on with the discussion doesn't help
they can read just fine

they just can't spout their nonsense anymore
1: They have the whole internet to read up on this.
2: Ain't my job to educate these fools.
discussion achieved :rejoice

This is a very interesting subject.
Just to bounce on the scientific basis elements.
The articles from the mod post a page ago state that differences remain regarding muscle mass.
The abstract of the EJE (from the mod post) article nicely elaborates on that reflexion:

Have there been other piece of evidence regarding this matter?
I apologize if I it has been posted and if I have not seen it.
(I am just willing to know more about the subject, especially on the physiological side)
...there are lots of life experiences from people right on this thread ... for example :

HRT will destroy any 'physical advantage' a transwoman would have pretty fast. There's been enough studies done on this for this to be complete and utter nonsense :v
:dead

ashep

« Reply #58376 on: February 03, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
Couldn't sporting bodies just avoid this shit by determining eligibility based on biological sex rather than gender?

Or is that a supremely ignorant take?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58377 on: February 03, 2019, 08:16:05 PM »

jesus christ, sounds like a serious personal problem

Fuck I read this as "I can't even carry groceries without going on HRT"

Like walking into the house, whoops, there goes estrogen
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #58378 on: February 03, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »
Couldn't sporting bodies just avoid this shit by determining eligibility based on biological sex rather than gender?

Or is that a supremely ignorant take?
thanks for announcing you want to murder trans people bigot

"biological sex" is just what malicious doctors do to babies
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:26:21 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #58379 on: February 03, 2019, 08:16:48 PM »
ever since messofanego took his face out of his avatar i don't even notice his stupid posts until they get quoted

JUST A WARNING DENNIS