Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901041 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #60480 on: February 09, 2019, 05:04:53 PM »
Why the parents?

Black folks who raised shitty-ass kids like that are obviously a danger to society too. Can't take any chances with us. /s

Fuck off Nepehente.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60481 on: February 09, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
In this case there seems to be no legitimate reason to doubt Smollett's account of what happened. As such, any discussion of him faking the attack will be treated as victim blaming and actioned as such.

:mindblown what the fuck? this can't be real

Propagandhim

« Reply #60482 on: February 09, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »
Sounds unbelievable to me, I'm going to wait for the full story before being outraged

I agree; something doesn't feel right. Best we wait before judging.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17740769

Nephente and Elegant weapon: You two are vile hypocritical assholes.

They're trying to be cheeky in light of the reactions from the Jussie Smollett thing, as if the two situations are at all comparable.

are they? or do they legitimately believe they dindu nuffin and the white supremacist media is just doing what it do?  :doge

Yes, they admitted it.  They legitimately think a case involving a bunch of kids who stole a vehicle after murdering someone, and were found with the murder weapon is exactly the same as an alleged attack people are skeptical of after the fucking FBI itself had it's hand in investigating and found nothing.  And then it's, "Why is everything about race with you people?"  Gormless.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60483 on: February 09, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »
In none of the threads about white terrorists and serial killers we've had on here have I personally seen anyone go after their parents as deserving of jail time too. They seem to get the privilege of being lone wolves and standing only for themselves. I could be completely wrong, though; I haven't read every post on here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17742979

You are such a coward and scumbag.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60484 on: February 09, 2019, 05:25:11 PM »
Wait what's wrong with shipping teenagers? They cant be in love or something? 80% (bullshit number out of my ass) of anime characters are kids and they are shipped all the time.

:crazy

Boredfrom

« Reply #60485 on: February 09, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »
Wait what's wrong with shipping teenagers? They cant be in love or something? 80% (bullshit number out of my ass) of anime characters are kids and they are shipped all the time.

:crazy

People generally mock shipping threads and users with that ship characters or have a shipping avatar.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60486 on: February 09, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
Nepenthe is only cool with going after white babies, not the parents

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #60487 on: February 09, 2019, 05:27:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-my-middle-school-debate-class-i-had-to-argue-for-the-use-of-nukes.98638/post-17740053

Brave of Morrigan to disagree with RedMercury and SugarNoodles that "critical thinking" is code for alt-right, both siderism. 
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #60488 on: February 09, 2019, 05:28:06 PM »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #60489 on: February 09, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »
I am SHOCKED that Nephente is a racist shithead. Shocked. But of course im sure he thinks he's not being racist, which is exactly what a racist would think.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60490 on: February 09, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
This is unfortunately not the way a lot of things work anymore. My mom is a high school teacher and not even allowed to fail kids for cheating anymore. The guidelines for her school say the kids might not know what they were doing is wrong.

Turns out we know a lot more about brain development now than we did 20 years ago. Are you advocating we ignore scientific research?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-3#post-17743285

WHAT IT HAS TO DO WITH PUNISHING KIDS FOR CHEATING?

Do you want to actually engage in a real discussion or do you just want to be a pedantic asshole? No, kids don't 'need' to cheat. No one claimed they did.

:neogaf

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60491 on: February 09, 2019, 05:31:39 PM »
In none of the threads about white terrorists and serial killers we've had on here have I personally seen anyone go after their parents as deserving of jail time too. They seem to get the privilege of being lone wolves and standing only for themselves. I could be completely wrong, though; I haven't read every post on here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17742979

You are such a coward and scumbag.

How come no-one blames the parents in all those threads about 14 year old serial killers?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #60492 on: February 09, 2019, 05:32:10 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #60493 on: February 09, 2019, 05:33:21 PM »
I remember Bananas asking why this thread isn't dedicated to laughing at GAF -- specifically Jordan's racist bullshit, as much as it is Era, and someone made the point that stark, unmitigated explicit racism just isn't funny.

That's how that thread is.  The racism is really getting to GAF level unfunny now.  These people are garbage bags.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60494 on: February 09, 2019, 05:33:33 PM »
I'm not Raist

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #60495 on: February 09, 2019, 05:34:22 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #60496 on: February 09, 2019, 05:37:28 PM »
Lord Ostia is reallg fighting for "The most stupid poster" title:

It has to do with the guidelines for discipline you were complaining about. Yes, it turns out that teenagers may not have a clear idea of the consequences and ramifications of, say, cheating on a test, due to their brains not being fully developed. Thus the approach to discipline and teaching has changed along with the knowledge we have about the brain development of children.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-3#post-17743467

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60497 on: February 09, 2019, 05:37:33 PM »
I remember Bananas asking why this thread isn't dedicated to laughing at GAF -- specifically Jordan's racist bullshit, as much as it is Era, and someone made the point that stark, unmitigated explicit racism just isn't funny.

That's how that thread is.  The racism is really getting to GAF level unfunny now.  These people are garbage bags.

imagine how fucking balls deep in racial kulturkampf you have to be to jump into a thread about minors killing a guy and getting their civil rights ridden roughshod by treating them as adults with a "LETS WAIT FOR THE FACTS HURR DURR, THATS LIKE WHAT PEOPLE SAY IN OTHER TOPICS" take

thetylerrob

« Reply #60498 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:11 PM »
Is Nepenthe actually black? I think they are a legitimate weirdo race fetishist or some shit

Boredfrom

« Reply #60499 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:23 PM »
Dylan Roof was given the murder weapon by his parents there we no resounding call to jail or punishment for them, that I remember

In fact, a significant chunk of school shooters are youthful white males and “lock up the parents” isn’t something we hear after these constant events

I FUCKING REMEMBER THE CONTRARY DUMBASS

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-3#post-17743534

Nephente is trying to save both of you, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

stufte

« Reply #60500 on: February 09, 2019, 05:41:14 PM »
Boredfrom is totally scouring old threads for receipts RN.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60501 on: February 09, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »

People generally mock shipping threads and users with that ship characters or have a shipping avatar.

I am shipping Boredfrom and Jansen.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60502 on: February 09, 2019, 05:43:51 PM »
Boredfrom is totally scouring old threads for receipts RN.

Nah, I dont even have an account there.

But Im pretty sure a lot of people have shitted on school shooter parents just to say "white privilage".

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60503 on: February 09, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »
I definitely rememeber people asking for the school to be held accountable in that covington mess, and pupils wearing maga hats and protesting abortions is below killing people on most peoples moral scale of things that are fucked up that kids have done

Boredfrom

« Reply #60504 on: February 09, 2019, 05:46:51 PM »
There is a wide gulf between 'automatic failure' and 'letting it slide'. Yes, they should be taught that cheating is wrong. The methods of doing that should be updated as society has more knowledge on how to handle disciplining children in the most effective manner. Used to be that children would get paddled for that behavior, but we learned that such punishments just cause harm and don't solve anything.

Just like there is a wide gulf between 'charge minors as adults' and 'minors face no consequences for murder'. There should be consequences and rehabilitation, but it should differ from the methods used for adults...because they are not adults.

:doge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #60505 on: February 09, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »
a new benji appears

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #60506 on: February 09, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »
©@©™

Averon

« Reply #60507 on: February 09, 2019, 05:51:17 PM »
Does Reee and The Coli share users? Because it sure sounds like it sometimes.

« Reply #60508 on: February 09, 2019, 05:51:40 PM »

BisMarckie

stufte

« Reply #60510 on: February 09, 2019, 05:51:58 PM »
School shooting from yesterday in bmore, shooter caught alive.
http://twitter.com/BaltimorePolice/status/1094326945926529024

Boredfrom

« Reply #60511 on: February 09, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »
Yeah, I certainly don't remember calls to punish the parents of the white supremacists in Charlottesville.

:doge

We have 150 years that show our method of punishing criminals is a complete boondoggle but both sides agree that who cares fuck criminals let's keep going.

I agree, what is your suggestion?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60512 on: February 09, 2019, 06:04:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/butterfinger-confectionary-how-the-hell-is-this-still-consumed.98598/

RE, a place where Butterfingers are just too much work to consume.

also a place where you say "consume" rather than "eat"

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60513 on: February 09, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »
It's "strange" that people in here are calling for outrage culture and mob justice over due process

These kid's have rights as minors and they deserve to be proven guilty in a fair trial before judgement, period

some of you have such a unjustified bloodlust, you're not any better than these kids

Think of it this way Elegant.

Imagine that these kids threw rocks as a black USPS worker.  Not only would unjustified bloodlust become a competition but people defending the kids would be banned.  "But some of those kids are just 6-years-old, they probably didn't even know what was going on," Banned for saying racist don't know exactly what they are doing.  When I was that age I never threw rocks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17744111
Quote from: ElegantWeapon
I'm not going to apologize for insisting on due process before outrage culture but do you

Oh shit, that post is gonna age well
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60514 on: February 09, 2019, 06:31:45 PM »
A suspension for this is a slap on the wrist considering how common school shootings are but I'm not really thinking of the well being of the school shooter cosplayers when I say they should be expelled; I'm thinking about the rest of the school kids who didn't take Halloween as an excuse to re-enact the suicide of actual killers at school.

Because knowing certain kids actually idolize school shooters probably doesn't make the best learning environment for the rest of the students, if you consider them at all.

I'm not going to apologize for insisting on due process before outrage culture but do you

e: oh fucking top of the page joke ruining bullshit

e2: spicier receipts
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:36:59 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60515 on: February 09, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »
Yeah, I know elegant weapon is deliberately trolling to make a point about unrelated incidents, but its still Jokes on you, I was only pretending to be a racist shithead!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #60516 on: February 09, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »
I don't even want to link it but there's a series of posts in the wrestling thread where a poster is able to turn his best friends having their baby's heart stop into getting thoughts and prayers for his impending mental break down because he doesn't like job that he only took because it was next to his house and he thought a fancy restaurant would be cool.

Even by RE standards it's pretty :what

:confused

Provide a link you coward. :bolo
https://www.resetera.com/threads/february-wrasslin-ot-this-is-where-the-big-boys-play-huh.97040/post-17728595
This has been a fucked up week. My best friend's who I love with all my heart have been trying to have a baby for the last two years. A couple of days ago, 4 months into the pregnancy, the baby's heart stopped beating. She had it removed today. I nearly had a breakdown from stress at being overworked and realized how much I have neglected everyone I love and care about while all that was happening, even went to a private mental health hospital to see what I need to do to get checked in. Kinda resigned at work but said give me a few weeks to get my shit together. They said I can take as long as I need and the door will always be open but I feel like a total cunt because those guys are struggling. One of the most wonderful people I have ever met is pulling 70+ hour weeks, relapsed into alcoholism and is risking destroying his family because of it and he has a 2 month old baby. So I feel like I've abandoned them when they are already fucked, even though if I stay I'll probably neck myself within a fortnight. I start studying full time finishing a masters in 2 weeks too. Fun stuff.

I'm gonna watch Onita vs Funk for the thousandth time and on Tuesday fuck off north for a week and camp in a secluded area by one of the most wonderful rivers I have ever seen and get my fucking head straight. Fucking christ.
Cheers, friends. You know how much I love you guys.

I've been through much worse over the years and have always gotten through it. Just need to recenter and reconnect with myself and whats important before being able to get back into it and move forward in a more balanced way.

Just terrified about what could happen with my friends at work and the pressure they are already under. If any of them break because of the extra pressure my leaving puts on them, I won't be able to live with myself. Why I decided to take a break from mental health work to help launch a restaurant is beyond me. What an absolute nightmare hell of an industry.

Anyone considering cheffing or hospitality work in general should seriously, seriously think things through and do the research. EVERYONE abuses drugs and alcohol very heavily just to get through each day it is so rough.
I would say the owners have invested something like 1.2 million AUD into developing and establishing it and outside of the holiday period we have probably been losing around 20K a month at best. Thing is the restaurant is always busy, in a 20 mile radius we are in the top 10 restaurants on every metric type site etc. The operating costs are just unfeasible and we had a shit head chef who wasted a LOT of money on stupid bullshit for a long time. I would still consider doing something like a food truck or a BBQ place that opens on weekends where you only need a couple of people and don't have to consider rent etc but yeah. Its a fucked industry with razor thin margins.

As far as the work itself goes, over a few months I went from being a kitchen hand doing odd jobs to hosting the restaurant and acting as sommelier to chef, with no experiences or qualifications. For me, the most rewarding work was in the kitchen. It is a fucking HELLISH job that nobody will really understand until they are behind the line and 10 dockets pop up at once and you somehow have to get 40-100 meals out at a high standard in 15-30 minutes, making sure dozens of things are perfect all at the same time and then when finally all that food goes out, another 8 dockets have come in and it just never stops... But there is a masochistic pleasure in it and the connected and familial feeling everyone has in the kitchen is very profound and addictive. "We got through that fucking nightmare together, lets go have a few lines and a drink." Saying all that, I was thrown in the deep end hardcore. I'm not a chef, I just know how to cook rather well so they through me in to a chef de partie role during the busiest period of the year. There is a massive difference between cooking for yourself and working the line in a commercial kitchen.

Masterchef, food networks etc glamorize this stuff big time. If the seriously insane pressure and pace, clocking off at 1 to drink and fool around with drugs and sex (because you no longer no anyone you previously knew outside the restaurant), 10+ hour shifts with no breaks etc sounds appealing to folks, don't let me dissuade you. There IS something about it satisfying in a really masochistic and different way, but fuck me. Don't let the glamor shit surrounding it bring you in. This fell into my lap because it is basically next door to my place and I love fine dining and wine and knew our former head chef.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I won't clog up the thread with any more of my bullshit.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60517 on: February 09, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »

Anyone considering cheffing or hospitality work in general should seriously, seriously think things through and do the research. EVERYONE abuses drugs and alcohol very heavily just to get through each day it is so rough.
I would say the owners have invested something like 1.2 million AUD into developing and establishing it and outside of the holiday period we have probably been losing around 20K a month at best. Thing is the restaurant is always busy, in a 20 mile radius we are in the top 10 restaurants on every metric type site etc. The operating costs are just unfeasible and we had a shit head chef who wasted a LOT of money on stupid bullshit for a long time. I would still consider doing something like a food truck or a BBQ place that opens on weekends where you only need a couple of people and don't have to consider rent etc but yeah. Its a fucked industry with razor thin margins.

As far as the work itself goes, over a few months I went from being a kitchen hand doing odd jobs to hosting the restaurant and acting as sommelier to chef, with no experiences or qualifications. For me, the most rewarding work was in the kitchen. It is a fucking HELLISH job that nobody will really understand until they are behind the line and 10 dockets pop up at once and you somehow have to get 40-100 meals out at a high standard in 15-30 minutes, making sure dozens of things are perfect all at the same time and then when finally all that food goes out, another 8 dockets have come in and it just never stops... But there is a masochistic pleasure in it and the connected and familial feeling everyone has in the kitchen is very profound and addictive. "We got through that fucking nightmare together, lets go have a few lines and a drink." Saying all that, I was thrown in the deep end hardcore. I'm not a chef, I just know how to cook rather well so they through me in to a chef de partie role during the busiest period of the year. There is a massive difference between cooking for yourself and working the line in a commercial kitchen.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I won't clog up the thread with any more of my bullshit.
[/quote]

It's a crazy story (Mark!) but it's more that this guy doesn't know what he wants to do.  He was hosting and now he wants to open a food truck?  If he's a good enough cook to work as a cook he doesn't need to be trained as a chef.  He sounds like a hard worker they are taking advantage of.  I bet he gets paid 25% less than everyone else.  He needs to put his damn foot down and demand double because from his rant he runs the damn place.
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #60518 on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #60519 on: February 09, 2019, 08:13:01 PM »
EVERYONE abuses drugs and alcohol very heavily just to get through each day it is so rough.

Not too far from the truth, but he's exaggerating.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #60520 on: February 09, 2019, 08:19:59 PM »
Right, that's exactly right, I'm doing it right now
每天生气

FStop7

« Reply #60521 on: February 09, 2019, 08:30:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/

Oh noes those poor teens that murdered somebody are having their privacy breached

The “community” that sets out to ruin peoples’ lives over ancient tweets has a sudden burst of empathy for teenagers who methodically plotted a robbery/homicide.

benjipwns

« Reply #60522 on: February 09, 2019, 08:51:10 PM »
EVERYONE abuses drugs and alcohol very heavily just to get through each day it is so rough.

More, he's confusing that its comparative openness is tolerated in certain ways more than in other industries.

See:
"We got through that fucking nightmare together, lets go have a few lines and a drink."
As if this isn't common after work in other industries.

The pacing and access (especially to alcohol) of kitchen work is simply different from say, accounting. He grasps at this but doesn't quite grab it so decides on other explanations. And has a mental breakdown over it.

ResetERA.com has this causation confusion quite a bit really. See also: how they think movies and video games are real.

PogiJones

« Reply #60523 on: February 09, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »

But I don't drink or do drugs

:snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego

PogiJones

« Reply #60524 on: February 09, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
I was trying to decide whether that post was worth the inevitable ridicule I'll get.

I decided it was.

:snob

benjipwns

« Reply #60525 on: February 09, 2019, 08:54:55 PM »
I also like the humblebragging inherent in his downplaying of his abilities while also talking about how he's being placed in key roles, with usage of proper terminology, playing up his importance to everyone around him.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60526 on: February 09, 2019, 08:55:18 PM »
That explains the careposts.  :pacspit

BisMarckie

« Reply #60527 on: February 09, 2019, 08:55:56 PM »
I was trying to decide whether that post was worth the inevitable ridicule I'll get.

I decided it was.

:snob

God damn it!

PogiJones

« Reply #60528 on: February 09, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »
Also I really wanted to see that chessboard-style marquee movement

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60529 on: February 09, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »
If you can't get mad at  today's superhero costumes you just dig into the past and get offended by those that never happened.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-concept-art-from-batman-robin-surfaces-yikes.98775/post-17749611

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #60530 on: February 09, 2019, 10:34:09 PM »
Gutter trash really loves bernie :lol

Now that I think of it, Liz will be useful at dividing the Bernie vote. So both won't win the nom

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #60531 on: February 09, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »

:snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego :snob :ego

Straightedge, or just Christian?

stufte

« Reply #60532 on: February 09, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
YIKES. At least bat nipples made it in to the movie.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX

benjipwns

« Reply #60534 on: February 10, 2019, 12:10:20 AM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
Mugshots of children? Mugshots of UNCONVICTED children? Like I know a lot of newspapers have their own internal guidelines forbidding the publication. There's ZERO public interest argument. Maybe the 16 year Old but they're charging them ALL as juveniles. How is this mugshot even possible? . The others? That's not good.

Nope. All the others...as horrifying as it is - they're legally children. And poor children may have to grow up fast but that is not realistic in terms of education and emotional support and maturity.

BTW they can all be disgusting scumbags and guilty of the crime and still be children. Being a child doesn't excuse them or diminish the evil and horror of what they did. In fact at an instinctive level it exacerbates that feeling. But we order society around these principles and they should apply to all children not just the ones we approve of or like or know.

their treatment however, should be based on data and evidence rather than emotional reaction - but the family of the victim are entitled to those emotions and probably feel very understandably different about those kids.

As unpopular as it is I think 16 is an adult. I came from a country where that was legally the case and I certainly was an adult. In fact I moved out of my mom's home, lived on my own and finished high school and then college. But there was a huge range of abilities and levels of maturity. I have no issue with 18 being the delineation tho.

I'm very curious about the adults in their lives from school to home. And I am always cognizant of the innocent NY teens who were railroaded into confessions in Central Park jogger atrocity. And the certain US president who spent some of his inheritance to throw those kids under a racist bus and market them to the citizens of NYC as "animals and superpredators" without a lick of evidence.
Please bear with this if it's stupid or obvious.

Amorosa was on the radio this morning talking about the AMI/National Enquirer scandal. And she said something as an aside that hit me like a ton of bricks.

I've ignored National Enquirer as a big player in the 2016 election (outside of the Trump catch and kills we otherwise would have seen, which were probably more numerous than Stormy and Playboy) because it has a shitty reputation, only idiots buy it and print publishing is a total deadend street. But I was ignoring something I know better than most, having come from print publishing and understanding how newsstands work - and I should have been furious and taken it more seriously.

In the run up to the Election in 2016, National Enquirer ran 50 false but crazy alarming Hillary covers and cover stories. 50! FIFTY! More than any other single subject in decades, more frequently.

Now sure, low information voters buy it and sure they vote Trump because they think Hillary has cancer, or is a Chinese plant, or whatever it was last week. But they were pretty light on totally stupid shit like "HILLARY IS ALIEN WARLORD" and stuck to health, mental faculties and all these quite damning but small beef relative to their normal Batboy stuff. In hindsight the strategy is obvious, that's not what I realized though.

National Enquirer headlines about quasi-feasible Hillary negatives appeared fifty times on purpose at the best cover locations in America - newsstands of course, but really the end-caps of every single supermarket and grocer and Wal-Mart in America, exposing lots of smart liberals and conservatives to headlines they ignored for the most part, but also a fantastic number of low information non political moms and dads and families and grandmas and so on. Almost every day. Almost every single time they went to the grocery store. Standing, bored, waiting for their turn, glancing at Jennifer Anniston's lovelife - and Hillary's endless health and scandal scares.

I mention Jennifer Anniston because I have never read an issue of National Enquirer, but apparently I "know" she is "unlucky in love and alone"

In that sense it's an extension of a two plus decade long smear campaign against Hillary but the sheer density and literally in-your-face ubiuquity of that is really hard to accomplish anywhere else, and for a relatively bargain price. It's a paid advertisement to market Hillary's negatives, at a stupendous scale.

AMI and Kushner and Trump might be directly connected to the murder and dismemberment of a WaPo journalist - and are certainly directly connected to the theft from and blackmail of the world's richest man. And National Enquirer may actually have contributed much more materially to Trump's election - or rather, Hillary's loss to people who didn't know much about her, but knew in their lizard brain or thought they remembered for CERTAIN she was ill, and crazy, and crooked and so on.

It all adds up obviously, but I only ever thought about their editorial as one of a thousand cuts, but it might have been a gash.
The inaugural committee was a great example of Trump's perfect storm but with the assumption he was destined to lose.

1. Scammy way to steal, launder and receive illicit cash
2. Perfect vehicle for crooked foreign donors to pay to play
3. Immediately take advantage of the Trump hotel

Number 3 is funny because it probably assumed that Trump had already lost the election and was going to fill rooms and event spaces with Hillary crowd when everywhere else was full. I wonder if he'd factored that into his fantasy of claiming it was all rigged?

Because if Hillary had won I'm betting the Trump hotel would already be on shaky financial ground. I wonder how much thought he gave to the FBI building's proposed move and how winning changed those assumptions? I mean he should have been impeached for this alone:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-headquarters-project/?utm_term=.71835a766ce1

And wonder if his slightly stupider and clumsier than usual schemes were in part predicated on the faulty assumption that Hillary administration would be too politically scared to launch or initiate investigations?

I think he had enough NYC cronyism and corruption in place to keep the SDNY away - or maybe they just didn't care or were referring things to the city or state. I find it unlikely that he wouldn't have been on their radar at least - especially in the build up to the election and his constant beefs with Obama.

Sanders's remarks [about her legacy]...

“I hope that it will be that I showed up every day [my edit: or once a month] and I did the very best job that I could to put forward the president’s message,” as well as “to do the best job that I could to answer questions,” Sanders said.

“To be transparent and honest throughout that process and do everything I could to make America a little better that day than it was the day before,” she continued.

Sanders said earlier this year that it “bothers” her that people think she misleads the media.

The sheer gall of this. And when it's all over she'll "pray over it" and write a book and potentially become the most assymetrical and mean talking head on the evangelical pyramid scheme and fraudulent news circuit.

She's talking to three audiences here and one of them should be the most angry and insulted. And this tax season they're occasionally seeing some receipts from this acid-tinged haunted-picasso-faced Harridan subscription they signed up for.

1. Trump and the GOP establishment and kleptocrats watching her ferocious dedication to knowingly and brazenly lying directly in the service of the Message.
2. The Liberal media and voters who she directly berates and angrily insults on purpose to rile up and delight 1 and 3.
3. Poor and stupid and credulous voters who believe the harmful lies she tells or digest them willingly because it helps them hate stuff - including stolen brown children, murdered Muslim journalists and a huge range of poorly drawn caricatures delivered to them as grist for the mill.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #60535 on: February 10, 2019, 12:10:37 AM »

Straightedge, or just Christian?

I'm a person just like you but i've got better things to do.
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #60536 on: February 10, 2019, 12:14:09 AM »
That middle one is great for Frank confusing National Enquirer, a gossip tabloid, for the defunct Weekly World News, the home of Bat Boy, aliens, etc.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60537 on: February 10, 2019, 12:27:43 AM »
Let’s wait till all the facts come out. Both sides have a story here

User Warned: Inflammatory drive-by.
https://resetera.com//threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17745791

Wow, I can't believe they warned ElegantWeapon even though Nepenthe did the same thing.

Oh, nm, it's some rando named Kappa.  Shame on him for making the same statements as a mod.  That's wrong because . . .
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60538 on: February 10, 2019, 01:21:03 AM »
The ages of those kids is pretty weird. I mean if you're 16 why would you want to hang out with a 15 yr old, a 14 yr old, a 13 yr old, and a 12 yr old?

samir

« Reply #60539 on: February 10, 2019, 03:48:48 AM »
That's how they roll in the hood