Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901299 times)

Averon

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #60540 on: February 10, 2019, 04:35:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-wing-moron-candace-owens-says-hitlers-problem-was-he-wanted-to-globalise.98517/page-5

Enzom21 is teaching supposed "ally" Vonnegut that he needs to stay in his lane and not question a suspected troll's blackness.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #60541 on: February 10, 2019, 04:54:26 AM »
Anyway, this is a pointless back and forth so see you the next time you pull something like this again.

:badass :badass :badass :badass

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #60542 on: February 10, 2019, 05:08:44 AM »
Quote from: Enzom21, post: 17756337, member: 5579
Where did I call you a racist? You do however have shit understanding of race/racism, just check the last reason why you were banned, or any other posts of yours that I have quoted in the past.
Yes the fact that you're not black excludes you from certain things a discussions. Do you think you should be able to say nicca free of consequence? How about a discussion about whether or not black people should say nicca, you think you have a voice in that discussion? If some black people called Cadace Owens a "house nicca" do you think you should be able to do so as well?

"Subordinate" ah are you feeling oppressed because you can't question someones blackness? Poor you.

Gotta defend those imaginary skinfolk (who ain’t kinfolk).
Margs

Averon

« Reply #60543 on: February 10, 2019, 05:20:12 AM »
These non-POC allies sometimes gets a bit uppity. Enzom21 is doing what any good emissary of blackness would do and reminding them their place, which is usually shutting the hell up.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60544 on: February 10, 2019, 05:20:37 AM »
Enzom is worried that he'll lose his job if everyone can question someone's blackness. That's his thing! It's really cultural appropriation when you think about it!

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60545 on: February 10, 2019, 05:24:25 AM »
whew that linked page is spicier than a Fiery Doritos® Locos Tacos Supreme® with Diablo Border Sauce™

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60546 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:17 AM »
How do we even know Enzom is black? Because he said so?  :doge

:yeshrug

Think outside the bun®

Averon

« Reply #60547 on: February 10, 2019, 05:31:06 AM »
Isn't Enzom still desperately trying to goad people into calling him a racial slur   :lol

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60548 on: February 10, 2019, 05:34:09 AM »
Isn't Enzom still desperately trying to goad people into calling him a racial slur   :lol

Yes because he is actually a pasty white dude named Xander who desperately wants his online persona to be validated.  :woooo

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #60550 on: February 10, 2019, 07:22:19 AM »
with frankie i wonder if it's more of a case that he probably donated a shitload of actual real money towards the hillary campaign and is on some massive gambler's tilt.

imagine if some down on his luck bum buzzing round the blackjack tables at 4am thought he could influence whether the next card was an ace by going on a 3000 word political drone.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60551 on: February 10, 2019, 07:22:46 AM »
Let’s wait till all the facts come out. Both sides have a story here

User Warned: Inflammatory drive-by.
https://resetera.com//threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17745791

Wow, I can't believe they warned ElegantWeapon even though Nepenthe did the same thing.

Oh, nm, it's some rando named Kappa.  Shame on him for making the same statements as a mod.  That's wrong because . . .

Is this civil discourse triumphing?

BisMarckie

« Reply #60552 on: February 10, 2019, 07:24:10 AM »
How is that not an emote already?  :maf
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:32:43 AM by KennyLoggins »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60553 on: February 10, 2019, 07:27:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-wing-moron-candace-owens-says-hitlers-problem-was-he-wanted-to-globalise.98517/page-5

Enzom21 is teaching supposed "ally" Vonnegut that he needs to stay in his lane and not question a suspected troll's blackness.

Maybe its nobodies 'job' to interrogate people about what skin colour they are?
Maybe nobody should be calling someone a "house nicca" in 2019?
Maybe "Its okay for me to say that, I'm _____" is barely one step removed from "Its okay for me to say that, some of my best friends are ____"?
Maybe what someone is saying is more important than who they claim to be, and attacking someones argument and attacking a poster are different things?
 :idont

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60554 on: February 10, 2019, 08:49:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/videogamedunkey-kingdom-hearts-3-dunkview.98721/post-17740701

AMAZING levels of sodium detected in KHFanboy X Vidyagamedonkey thread
 :woody
also obligatory first page derail attempt
Considering he freely engages in homophobic slurs like (f*****) I think we shouldn't host his content or give him any clicks.
:popular

Clockwork5

« Reply #60555 on: February 10, 2019, 10:46:04 AM »
I don't even want to link it but there's a series of posts in the wrestling thread where a poster is able to turn his best friends having their baby's heart stop into getting thoughts and prayers for his impending mental break down because he doesn't like job that he only took because it was next to his house and he thought a fancy restaurant would be cool.

Even by RE standards it's pretty :what

:confused

Provide a link you coward. :bolo
https://www.resetera.com/threads/february-wrasslin-ot-this-is-where-the-big-boys-play-huh.97040/post-17728595
This has been a fucked up week. My best friend's who I love with all my heart have been trying to have a baby for the last two years. A couple of days ago, 4 months into the pregnancy, the baby's heart stopped beating. She had it removed today. I nearly had a breakdown from stress at being overworked and realized how much I have neglected everyone I love and care about while all that was happening, even went to a private mental health hospital to see what I need to do to get checked in. Kinda resigned at work but said give me a few weeks to get my shit together. They said I can take as long as I need and the door will always be open but I feel like a total cunt because those guys are struggling. One of the most wonderful people I have ever met is pulling 70+ hour weeks, relapsed into alcoholism and is risking destroying his family because of it and he has a 2 month old baby. So I feel like I've abandoned them when they are already fucked, even though if I stay I'll probably neck myself within a fortnight. I start studying full time finishing a masters in 2 weeks too. Fun stuff.

I'm gonna watch Onita vs Funk for the thousandth time and on Tuesday fuck off north for a week and camp in a secluded area by one of the most wonderful rivers I have ever seen and get my fucking head straight. Fucking christ.
Cheers, friends. You know how much I love you guys.

I've been through much worse over the years and have always gotten through it. Just need to recenter and reconnect with myself and whats important before being able to get back into it and move forward in a more balanced way.

Just terrified about what could happen with my friends at work and the pressure they are already under. If any of them break because of the extra pressure my leaving puts on them, I won't be able to live with myself. Why I decided to take a break from mental health work to help launch a restaurant is beyond me. What an absolute nightmare hell of an industry.

Anyone considering cheffing or hospitality work in general should seriously, seriously think things through and do the research. EVERYONE abuses drugs and alcohol very heavily just to get through each day it is so rough.
I would say the owners have invested something like 1.2 million AUD into developing and establishing it and outside of the holiday period we have probably been losing around 20K a month at best. Thing is the restaurant is always busy, in a 20 mile radius we are in the top 10 restaurants on every metric type site etc. The operating costs are just unfeasible and we had a shit head chef who wasted a LOT of money on stupid bullshit for a long time. I would still consider doing something like a food truck or a BBQ place that opens on weekends where you only need a couple of people and don't have to consider rent etc but yeah. Its a fucked industry with razor thin margins.

As far as the work itself goes, over a few months I went from being a kitchen hand doing odd jobs to hosting the restaurant and acting as sommelier to chef, with no experiences or qualifications. For me, the most rewarding work was in the kitchen. It is a fucking HELLISH job that nobody will really understand until they are behind the line and 10 dockets pop up at once and you somehow have to get 40-100 meals out at a high standard in 15-30 minutes, making sure dozens of things are perfect all at the same time and then when finally all that food goes out, another 8 dockets have come in and it just never stops... But there is a masochistic pleasure in it and the connected and familial feeling everyone has in the kitchen is very profound and addictive. "We got through that fucking nightmare together, lets go have a few lines and a drink." Saying all that, I was thrown in the deep end hardcore. I'm not a chef, I just know how to cook rather well so they through me in to a chef de partie role during the busiest period of the year. There is a massive difference between cooking for yourself and working the line in a commercial kitchen.

Masterchef, food networks etc glamorize this stuff big time. If the seriously insane pressure and pace, clocking off at 1 to drink and fool around with drugs and sex (because you no longer no anyone you previously knew outside the restaurant), 10+ hour shifts with no breaks etc sounds appealing to folks, don't let me dissuade you. There IS something about it satisfying in a really masochistic and different way, but fuck me. Don't let the glamor shit surrounding it bring you in. This fell into my lap because it is basically next door to my place and I love fine dining and wine and knew our former head chef.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I won't clog up the thread with any more of my bullshit.

What the fuck is a “sommelier to the chef”? Does this dude pick out the box wine the chef uses for the meat sauce or what?

As a real sommelier, that line gave me a good chuckle.
 :snob

agrajag

« Reply #60556 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
What the fuck is a “sommelier to the chef”? Does this dude pick out the box wine the chef uses for the meat sauce or what?

It means he picks out the box of wine the chef gets wasted on during service  ;)

FStop7

« Reply #60557 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:53 PM »
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Sommelier

agrajag

« Reply #60558 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
Quote from: Enzom
I'm not mistake.

Yes you are.

:bolo

BisMarckie

« Reply #60559 on: February 10, 2019, 12:23:42 PM »
Cooks :donot

Cocks :drool

Jansen

« Reply #60560 on: February 10, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
Quote from: Slipknot666, post: 17741250, member: 35089
The same people saying these kids should have another opportunity to have their life back are the same crucifying Liam Neeson

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17741250

Banned

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #60561 on: February 10, 2019, 12:49:56 PM »
The same people saying these kids should have another opportunity to have their life back are the same crucifying Liam Neeson

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17741250

Banned

Going to guess the same people who were okay with doxxing the MAGA hat kids as well.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60562 on: February 10, 2019, 01:13:07 PM »
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary
Car keys or money is not worth life. If anybody gets in that situation just give them what they want. The rest can be tracked down or replaced. Sad stupid stuff. What a shame.

:confused

BisMarckie

« Reply #60563 on: February 10, 2019, 01:13:24 PM »
Kingdom Hearts are this special kind of weirdo who is both a weeb and an adult disney fanboy.

Weeb trash :trash

Cool dudes play MGS :smug

BisMarckie

« Reply #60564 on: February 10, 2019, 01:18:12 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60565 on: February 10, 2019, 01:20:26 PM »
What's the statute of limitations for oversexualization?

at least a 1000 years

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60566 on: February 10, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »
"The ultimate punishments" huh? Fuck all those kids I guess, they are all a lost cause. None of them could have possibly got wrapped up in some bad shit at a young age and could learn different.

They are leaning into it, there's no redeeming them after this, they are a harmful element to our society and need to be viewed as such, especially by the media (instead of giving them a platform to spread their bullshit).

:thinking

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #60567 on: February 10, 2019, 02:29:22 PM »

Banned

Going to guess the same people who were okay with doxxing the MAGA hat kids as well.

Turns out the real MAGA hat kids were in our hearts all along.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #60568 on: February 10, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »
https://resetera.com//threads/since-the-launch-of-apex-legends-and-anthem-iranian-gamers-can%E2%80%99t-access-these-games-on-pc-xbox-one-and-ps4.98808/post-17757612

User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory Thread Derail, Accumulated Infractions

You know what else is banned in Iran? Freedom

:rofl

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #60569 on: February 10, 2019, 03:14:25 PM »
It warms my heart that the Era mod staff defends capitalism.
Unless you're a lawyer who is familiar with the particulars of the sanctions, EA's corporate investments, etc, you're simply making a fool of yourself. EA has an interest in getting money. They're a business. For them to block an entire region would not be done without good, sound advice from their legal team.

don't know why you're calling me a fool, i asked a very simple question, with logic behind it. if steam and XBL, products of american companies, are getting away with being open to iranians, why is the situation different for EA?
but whatever, EA is known for making "sound" decisions. i'm out of this thread.

Anyway, Apex Legends or Death to America. Your choice Iran.  :trumps
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #60570 on: February 10, 2019, 04:39:16 PM »
Quote from: catswaller, post: 17761732, member: 14612
yiiiiikes.

also wow this forum loses its mind over the injustice when a game is exclusive to one storefront but completely brushes it off when an entire nation isn't allowed to play a game because of decades of violent imperialist posturing and sanctions by the usa? (not to mention the us's role in assassination and sponsorship of coups that created the current political situation there)

https://resetera.com//threads/iranian-gamers-unable-to-access-anthem-or-apex-legends-due-to-sanctions.98808/post-17761732

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #60571 on: February 10, 2019, 04:45:12 PM »
Sweet sweet Nicole is a lawyer apparently, one who knows EAs dealings. Lest she be making a fool of herself!

Unless you're a lawyer who is familiar with the particulars of the sanctions, EA's corporate investments, etc, you're simply making a fool of yourself. EA has an interest in getting money. They're a business. For them to block an entire region would not be done without good, sound advice from their legal team.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60572 on: February 10, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-why-didnt-you-buy-valkyria-chronicles-4.98883/page-2#post-17771134

I kind of feeling Reee Sexism brigade is genuinely shitting on games as a Nintentard goes to defend the company in a random thread.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #60573 on: February 10, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »
Sweet sweet Nicole is a lawyer apparently, one who knows EAs dealings. Lest she be making a fool of herself!

Boredfrom

« Reply #60574 on: February 10, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »
This is a knock against Comicsgate, whose leader has a two hour video where he cuts apart Tico figures.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/page-97#post-17769674

Bwoog has the same illness of Enzom as he gets even dumber...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60575 on: February 10, 2019, 07:04:20 PM »

Quote from: Elegant Weapon
why is it always about race with you people? These children deserve due process, no matter what.

Neeson is literally not being put to death by being nailed on a cross, stop exageratting. Liam Neeson isn't a victim; a man was killed and you're talking about fucking Liam Neeson... who went out to kill someone, yet you're defending him. You don't give one fuck about who is killed or targeted or not; you just want to flame some race war bullshit

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #60576 on: February 10, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17764631

Quote from: Kree
At this point I don't understand how the misrepresentation of arguments isn't resulting in warnings and bans.

Because the forum would collapse like a blue giant star turning into a black hole.

PS.  Elegant Weapon banned but don't know the post.
sigh

BikeJesus

« Reply #60577 on: February 10, 2019, 07:41:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-wins-bafta-for-best-visual-effects.98877/

The usual people insinuating other users are racist because they didn't like the movie.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/titanfall-2-is-facing-a-resurgence-upon-apex-legends-release.98869/post-17768086

Freelance journalist responds to the thread by posting his own tweet.

:lol

Jansen

« Reply #60578 on: February 10, 2019, 07:42:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17764631

At this point I don't understand how the misrepresentation of arguments isn't resulting in warnings and bans.

Because the forum would collapse like a blue giant star turning into a black hole.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-3#post-17744111

Quote from: Elegant Weapon, post: 17744111, member: 28734
It's "strange" that people in here are calling for outrage culture and mob justice over due process

These kid's have rights as minors and they deserve to be proven guilty in a fair trial before judgement, period

some of you have such a unjustified bloodlust, you're not any better than these kids

I'm not going to apologize for insisting on due process before outrage culture but do you

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60579 on: February 10, 2019, 07:46:24 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-3#post-17744111

Quote from: Elegant Weapon
I'm not going to apologize for insisting on due process before outrage culture but do you
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory False Equivalence and History of Similar Behavior

:mindblown

He says something sensible and gets banned.  Mods really do hate those posters and love the marrecs of the world for calling them off.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:10:10 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #60580 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
Wrath, where are you? MROWWWWWWWWWWW~~~

I've got someone you need to track down for me!!!

agrajag

« Reply #60581 on: February 10, 2019, 08:05:36 PM »
Since when is Era anti-outrage culture?

:mindblown

Averon

« Reply #60582 on: February 10, 2019, 08:47:00 PM »
When the outrage they usually love to bathe in backfires and targets a group they feel is disadvantaged/underrepresented/oppressed/on their "team." It is the usual ideological hypocrisy and double standards you see everywhere.

PogiJones

« Reply #60584 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-wins-bafta-for-best-visual-effects.98877/

The usual people insinuating other users are racist because they didn't like the movie.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/titanfall-2-is-facing-a-resurgence-upon-apex-legends-release.98869/post-17768086

Why is his tag now "Freelance journalist" instead of "Writer for mp1st.com"?

Did he get fired?

Like the war his firing is based on, that's a tragedy if true.

pgtl_10

« Reply #60585 on: February 10, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-anyone-explain-whats-happening-in-venezuela-dictator-maduro-hated-by-majority-but-trump-admin-vp-pence-and-bolsonaro-backing-opposition.95295/post-17723760
User Banned (Duration Pending): Antagonizing Kirblar and alt account Ichthyosaurus

i would say “the history books will prove you wrong and me right” except every day from now you will be proven more wrong and your own personal definition of “maduro state propaganda” will need to get broader
amirite?

Kirblar is the worst user I've seen on any forum. His neoliberalism is so transparent.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #60586 on: February 10, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »
the black panther nominations are actually an act of White Revenge, transparently giving it awards it clearly has no place winning as a passive aggressive attack on the black community.

Jansen

« Reply #60587 on: February 10, 2019, 10:39:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/baltimore-sun-towson-university-police-warn-of-a-woman-on-the-loose-looking-for-a-date-for-her-son.98909/#post-17776560

Quote from: Stinkles, post: 17776560, member: 5609
Phew. Half my family is Chinese. So 22 is a "certain age" for some of those mainland Shanghainese grandmas. They embraced me like I was a real son in part because I married "mei mei" while she was still fertile and ready to pop out grandkids, yet big sister at that time was already a 34 year old unmarried "crone" who they probably think sells charms to ward off evil (she's a scientist and patent attorney and vastly more accomplished academically than my wife, but, NO GRANDKIDS!). They gave up on big sis at like, 28. She's over! NEXT!

My mother-in-law used to lecture my wife to be nicer and kinder and gentler and more feminine to me in case I left her and she grew old alone in a San Francisco attic or something. Which was actually a pretty great deal for me in theory. However, in practice Mrs. Stinkles was already second generation, New Jersey, 80s hair whatever moms.  She'd come home and tell me, "LOL MOM SAID TO BE NICER TO YOU! HA! PEACE I'M GOIN OUT WITH THA BITCHES. JACK SHIT IN THE FRIDGE, PEACE."

Still. Nice to dream, eh?

Starting to believe he did have a stroke

Propagandhim

« Reply #60588 on: February 10, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »
the black panther nominations are actually an act of White Revenge, transparently giving it awards it clearly has no place winning as a passive aggressive attack on the black community.

It frankly doesn't even make sense as a pity award, since it wasn't even nominated in the categories it actually excelled in. This feels like a mean-spirited joke at the expense of people who thought the film deserved ANY award recognition.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60589 on: February 10, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »

Why is his tag now "Freelance journalist" instead of "Writer for mp1st.com"?

Did he get fired?

Like the war his firing is based on, that's a tragedy if true.

He quit and then revealed on Twitter that he was working for free  :rimshot
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:53:23 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Jansen

« Reply #60590 on: February 10, 2019, 11:43:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/til-usa-does-not-have-any-equivalent-to-swish-and-it-baffles-me.98923/#post-17778558

Quote from: Stinkles, post: 17778558, member: 5609
Yeah sorry we're credulous pensioners who would happily swish away our life savings to a slippery looking evenagelist at the drop of a hat.

And no I am not kidding.

We are among the biggest suckers in the world. Ask any Nigerian Prince, or TV Reality show businessman.

We'd be somalia by thursday.

We need just enough barriers for our kids or Bernie Sanders to say, "hey wait a goshdarned minute..."

Brain damage

BikeJesus

« Reply #60592 on: February 11, 2019, 12:06:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-techs-richest-plan-to-save-themselves-after-the-apocalypse.98731/page-4#post-17767246

Y
I
K
E
S

User Banned (1 Week): Graphic imagery

Hang them all off the side of the Golden Gate Bridge, cartel-style. Leave their corpses there for one full year.

:huh

Jansen

« Reply #60593 on: February 11, 2019, 12:12:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-7#post-17773352

Quote from: silkysmooth, post: 17773352, member: 7279
Want to charge them all as adults.  Don't even need to see the mugshots of the children to know what they look like.

The justice system is a hate crime sometimes.

Affluenza kid killed four people and got 720 days even after he fled to Mexico so that will do just fine for all five of these kids.  We're all equal under the law right?

EXTREME YIKES

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60594 on: February 11, 2019, 01:02:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-techs-richest-plan-to-save-themselves-after-the-apocalypse.98731/page-4#post-17767246

Y
I
K
E
S

User Banned (1 Week): Graphic imagery

Hang them all off the side of the Golden Gate Bridge, cartel-style. Leave their corpses there for one full year.

:huh

ahahahhaha.  Your vivid description of imagery was unsuitable for the delicate palates of our members minds.  You must go.

vs.

"Fucks all the cops and I wish all them piggos dead."

We know this is a contentious issue so please bear in mind that the language can be heated but it's understandable under emotional times.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:28:07 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #60595 on: February 11, 2019, 01:34:53 AM »
Quote from: ZeoVGM, post: 17779654, member: 1119
I'm excited for the internet to break when Black Panther wins BP at the Oscars.

Quote from: AlexFlame116, post: 17779860, member: 33496
I don't get why people are saying "lol wait til Black Panther wins the Best Picture award at the Oscars" like if so many are dreading it.

This has nothing to do with the overall quality of the movie. I would love it if BP won Best Picture. I thought it was a great movie with a villain that, while you want to hate him at times, is also heartbreaking and many can relate to him.

:oreilly
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #60596 on: February 11, 2019, 01:43:17 AM »
BP was laughably bad when compared to other super hero movies, much less actual good movies.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60597 on: February 11, 2019, 02:04:20 AM »

It frankly doesn't even make sense as a pity award, since it wasn't even nominated in the categories it actually excelled in. This feels like a mean-spirited joke at the expense of people who thought the film deserved ANY award recognition.

:neogaf
It doesn't get more "there's no placating a certain crowd ever" than that.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60598 on: February 11, 2019, 02:13:18 AM »
Honestly the entire black panther team - if the yhad had some self respect they would have declined the award. Very sad turn of events I am disappointed in their behavior.

Meanwhile the Black Panther team at the prospect of renewed commercial opportunities is like :playa
ὕβρις