Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5903798 times)

Averon

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #60900 on: February 12, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »
Reee going into histrionics about these Activison-Blizzard firings is something else. It's always sad to see people lose their jobs, but that happens every day in America. What makes it so special this time?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #60901 on: February 12, 2019, 06:09:31 PM »
Reee going into histrionics about these Activison-Blizzard firings is something else. It's always sad to see people lose their jobs, but that happens every day in America. What makes it so special this time?
Because Gamer's have a shitty childlike perspective on how corporations work.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60904 on: February 12, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »
Found a old video of a younger REE user upset at Batman Returns.

Is this some high level satire? I burst out laughing when the critic turned out to be a 10 year old

Boredfrom

« Reply #60905 on: February 12, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »

Because REE doesn’t genuinely care but the ‘correct’ approach is feel sorry about it and decrying the (admittedly childlike) schadenfreude from “lesser gamers”. Because they are part of the industry even if the only dev regularly posting there is Stinkles while everyone else fucks off.

Averon

« Reply #60906 on: February 12, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »
I don't know why people are calling for unionization over this. We know they are doing it because they winded down HOTS, spun off Bungie, and consolidated customer services between Activistion and Blizzard. What of these are evil, employee damning practices? HOTS was always doing poorly, Bungie is better off separated, and having two different customer service operations within one company as though they are two is nonsense. Also, they clearly said resources will be reallocated into what has been successful, ergo what we the consumers have actually engaged in. We did not engage in HOTS en masse, therefore it gets reduced and not every team has openings.

Looks to be a reasonable take on things. Lets see how Reee responds:
fuck you
People just lost their jobs crying in the parking lot. No clue what to do the next day and we get post like this.
Tell that to the 800 people who won’t have jobs anymore after tonight. See if it “makes sense” to them.

:lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #60907 on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »
Devs should unionize, though.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
just not doing it in a half assed way like most of the time I see proposed.
[close]

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60908 on: February 12, 2019, 06:40:13 PM »
stufte

« Reply #60909 on: February 12, 2019, 06:40:48 PM »
[close]

not really practical given the amount of outsourcing that happens anyway. Not that any of the current attempts at unionization give the tiniest fuck about anyone who lives outside california though

BisMarckie

« Reply #60911 on: February 12, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hamburger-helper-is-pretty-damn-good.99257/post-17843664

Well you also have to keep in mind they probably spent millions over the years perfecting the recipe.

That's not something anyone is gonna be able to recreate even if they knew the exact ingredients.

Struggle to recreate a Hamburger Helper recipe :goldberg

Boredfrom

« Reply #60912 on: February 12, 2019, 06:47:37 PM »
[close]

not really practical given the amount of outsourcing that happens anyway. Not that any of the current attempts at unionization give the tiniest fuck about anyone who lives outside california though

I imagine that is a mayor hurdle. Still, I think people are not wrong in trying to make better conditions for the industry. I just laugh when the people calling for it at totally clueless.

in that case i’m quite frankly taken aback at your callous writeoff of upset people in this thread being idealistic college students! have a good one

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-activision-blizzard-begins-massive-layoffs-offering-comprehensive-severance-packages-to-affected.99283/post-17844775

Time is a flat circle...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:53:20 PM by Boredfrom »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #60913 on: February 12, 2019, 06:52:35 PM »
I get sad when I start reading gaming and posts like this.

I have a sealed copy of Has Been Heroes that I got for 5 or 10 bucks, didnt know it was out of print :o

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #60914 on: February 12, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #60915 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hamburger-helper-is-pretty-damn-good.99257post-17838053

I like to sauté some garlic and onions while browning the beef and it makes the lasagna one even better.
This is some Hubert Keller next level shit here. Going to try this.

"I like to add pepper and some chili to really make my food sing!"

Is Dalek a Alimnassor?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-had-my-front-tooth-knocked-out-by-a-crazy-person.99186/post-17843502
I don't think I'm any kind of hero, but I don't think people should stand by and watch other people be terrorized.

Like I said, I'm not going to stand around and watch this happen. Perhaps the man was known to the police and he could be violating some kind of parole by engaging in this behaviour, or perhaps this incident would put them on their radar and help seek a conviction in future events. What he did was wrong, and I don't regret doing what I did at all.

A fully regret letting my guard down as the guy wasn't threatening to me, and had I been paying attention I wouldn't have been hit. And when I was paying attention and saw him pull a weapon, I did the exact right thing and backed off (had he tried to pursue me I could have easily outrun him).

I'm no hero and deserve no praise.  But I can't just sit idly by and watch an act or terrorism.  But I'm no hero it's just that the world has no use for another weak man.

I'm don't think of myself as a hero, but I will not stand by . . .

In the presence of evil.

No hero!
sigh

Bore Expert

« Reply #60916 on: February 12, 2019, 08:04:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hamburger-helper-is-pretty-damn-good.99257/post-17843664

Well you also have to keep in mind they probably spent millions over the years perfecting the recipe.

That's not something anyone is gonna be able to recreate even if they knew the exact ingredients.

Struggle to recreate a Hamburger Helper recipe :goldberg

Stroganoff is never a struggle if you just concentrate on the task at hand.

:success
[close]

BisMarckie

BisMarckie

« Reply #60918 on: February 12, 2019, 08:22:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blood-sweat-and-pixels-should-be-required-reading-for-every-resetera-member.99058/post-17822083
I have a lot of respect for Schreier. I think he's one of the few gaming journalists with proper work ethics.

Can't believe they let this gator skate by.  :ufup

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #60919 on: February 12, 2019, 08:38:18 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60920 on: February 12, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »
https://amp.nine.com.au/article/4c15daf3-bdd0-4b8b-89a8-5d572ea2a963

Think of all the new material he'll have to perform with when he gets out

agrajag

« Reply #60921 on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »
yeah if you didn't see my post about it from last night, I ended a FB friendship over someone taking that fucking interview seriously enough to smear Harris as "Black Hillary"

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #60922 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »
Things going well at poliera

Hey, leftist Jews being upset about Omar's tweet is not bad faith backlash, and you can fuck all the way off with the assertion that it was. I am not in the mood to entertain your brain dead bullshit, so you should kindly shut the fuck up before you make an ass out of yourself. Go defend your fuckin incel anime horseshit or whatever it is you do when you're not regurgitating lukewarm chapo trap house hot takes. I have had enough of you people and your erasure of my people and our issues.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot2-presidentpelosi.95742/post-17844409

No ban or warning
:O

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #60923 on: February 12, 2019, 09:12:17 PM »
The person who responded to the insane person has been banned

Where exactly have I said anything about jewish people? I was talking about Omar’s comments which were directed at AIPAC

User Banned (permanent): trolling, account still in junior phase

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot2-presidentpelosi.95742/post-17845339
:O

BisMarckie

« Reply #60924 on: February 12, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #60925 on: February 12, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
Quote from: Doof, post: 17844585, member: 6003
Because they're fuckin morons and think that apologizing for a dumb tweet and building bridges with the community that it offended is some kind of capital offense.

Quote from: Doof, post: 17845019, member: 6003
I'm glad that my feelings are completely invalid, you piece of shit. AOC actually understands how to behave around marginalized people, and actually cares about us, which is more than I can say for a significant part of the "left".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot2-presidentpelosi.95742/page-259#post-17845256

Quote from: Doof, post: 17845256, member: 6003
So I'm a ~~~biased actor~~~ because my fucking family was decimated by antisemitic violence, and I've spent my whole life dealing with the same bullshit dogwhistles about money that Omar looked like she was using, and because I was hurt, and because she apologized for causing hurt, and because AOC understands how to speak to a historically marginalized people instead of speaking over them, I'M the bad guy? Sorry, I don't know you, but you're a fucking monster.

Maybe you should log off, leave your fuckin dorito stained keyboard for once in your life, and talk to a real life Jewish person so that maybe you can one day understand a tenth of the pain that we've gone through. This Israel-Palestine shit is massively complicated, and as someone who is pro-Palestine, the way that idiots on both sides try to act like it's the simplest thing ever makes me sick to my stomach.

Civil discourse triumphs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60926 on: February 12, 2019, 09:23:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blood-sweat-and-pixels-should-be-required-reading-for-every-resetera-member.99058/post-17818239

No thanks, I avoid anything written by kotaku writers.

:salute

Banned   :lol

The mods are so damm overprotective

I think they want the industry mass penetration that Gaf once had, so they can't risk offending anyone.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60927 on: February 12, 2019, 09:37:51 PM »
Who doesn't want mass penetration? :noah

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #60928 on: February 12, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »
i had drawn "Bernie says something that could be framed as disrespectful about Kamala Harris" not "Israel/Palestine debate for the millionth time" as the flashpoint that tore the forum apart :fbm

meanwhile, KHarvey16 got completely decimated thanks to Ellen Page: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ellen-page-calls-out-chris-pratts-infamously-anti-lgbtq-church.98497/post-17816176
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns surrounding homophobia and antagonizing other members; long history of trolling and disruptive behavior

agrajag

« Reply #60929 on: February 12, 2019, 10:24:03 PM »
Kharvey is such a contrarian he will argue that water dry if you told him it was wet.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60930 on: February 12, 2019, 10:41:00 PM »
Kharvey is such a contrarian he will argue that water dry if you told him it was wet.

But he's not a troll!

Brainchild calls him a troll so mods acquiesce.  The've built a rat ship!  A vessel for seagoing snitches

This might be the dumbest and most hypocritical day I've seen on GAF.  I'm beginning to suspect everyone but excel, enzom, redmercury, sugarnoodles and some of BCT are all just trolling the fuck out of the mods.  They've all seen the fun of being like Alimnassor and embraced the idiocy.

:rejoice

Like Palpatine said, "embrace your idiocy and let the lulz flow through you." 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:11:58 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #60931 on: February 12, 2019, 11:14:38 PM »
who the f is sugarnoodles

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60932 on: February 12, 2019, 11:25:22 PM »
A parody account that the mods hate so they let Marrec open up his ass, stomp around, and leave without closing it.

sigh

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #60933 on: February 12, 2019, 11:56:50 PM »

Back on gaf, I told Kharvey that he was a young puppy. If you dangle a sock in front of him he will immediately latch on and start pulling in the opposite direction.

Jansen

« Reply #60934 on: February 13, 2019, 12:10:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-im-kinda-a-dad.99360/

Poor dude. Eventually his stepsister will use em up and he won't get to play dad anymore

Quote from: angelgrievous, post: 17851787, member: 32058
Thing is, I can't focus on shit. I'm constantly worried about them. If they go outside to play I sit at the window and watch them nonstop. If they go across the street to their friends house I pace back and forth until they come home

:cmonson

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #60935 on: February 13, 2019, 12:17:37 AM »
step sister  :rash

Jansen

« Reply #60936 on: February 13, 2019, 12:42:36 AM »
9 year old :jared

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #60937 on: February 13, 2019, 12:52:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-activision-blizzard-begins-massive-layoffs-offering-comprehensive-severance-packages-to-affected.99283/page-10#post-17850760

Quote from: Green Slime King, post: 17850225, member: 4429
I just, really hate capitalism. If that makes me some weirdo or edgy asshole or something so be it.

Quote from: Mr. Shakedown, post: 17850760, member: 13325
It makes you sane, and you're in excellent company. Eat the rich.

The posts and avatar combination :lawd
Margs

kingv

« Reply #60938 on: February 13, 2019, 12:55:16 AM »
I was at a restaurant owned by a friend who was throwing an anniversary party of sorts;  place was kinda rowdy... I look up at the bar and see my friend arguing with a guy about something, she's like 5'2" and he honestly looked like he might punch her...   Well I wanted a drink anyways and thought I would try to diffuse whatever it was.. so I walk up and say something like "Hey let's chill out let me buy some drinks we can work whatever this is out" and kinda put my hand on arguing dude's shoulder.

His friend from behind then proceeds to knock me out, and repeatedly stomped my head.  I woke up the next day in the hospital.

I have been living with the impact of a traumatic brain injury ever since (about 15 years now.)

The End

What were they arguing over?

Whether a hot dog is a sandwich or not.

Should have said “whether or not white Jews are an oppressed minority”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #60939 on: February 13, 2019, 12:59:19 AM »
jews are an oppressor minority   :-[

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60940 on: February 13, 2019, 01:02:28 AM »
The funniest part of that Kharvey ban is that he's right.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/senate-procedural-vote-on-kavanaugh-set-for-10-30am-et-10-5.72943/page-53#post-13480652

He's literally (a defender of) centrist scum

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #60941 on: February 13, 2019, 01:06:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blood-sweat-and-pixels-should-be-required-reading-for-every-resetera-member.99058/post-17822083
I have a lot of respect for Schreier. I think he's one of the few gaming journalists with proper work ethics.

Speaking of Schreier:

How can you be one of the leading journalists for one of the bigger video game blogs, have 80k Twitter followers, have your own book, but have this be the headshot you use for everything?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60942 on: February 13, 2019, 01:09:21 AM »
 defender of centrist scum

Fuck yeah.  I finally found a tag worthy phrase.

Also, besides teachers does anyone over 18 really give a shit about Black History Month?

sigh

Jansen

« Reply #60943 on: February 13, 2019, 01:11:38 AM »

Speaking of Schreier:

How can you be one of the leading journalists for one of the bigger video game blogs, have 80k Twitter followers, have your own book, but have this be the headshot you use for everything?

(Image removed from quote.)
I mean how is he supposed to fix that ugly fucking face

Might as well just own it

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60944 on: February 13, 2019, 01:25:56 AM »
taco bell nacho fries supreme w/ jalapenos added are great

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #60945 on: February 13, 2019, 01:39:07 AM »

Speaking of Schreier:

(Image removed from quote.)
I mean how is he supposed to fix that ugly fucking face

Might as well just own it

You can be ugly and take a decent photograph. His pic looks like something my aunt would post.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60946 on: February 13, 2019, 02:09:07 AM »
This entire thread.  Imagine thinking that Esquire is trolling you

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-history-month-trolling-continues-esquire%E2%80%99s-profile-of-white-american-boy-during-black-history-month-stirs-controversy.99193

The best part of the Waypoint lore discussions of Kingdom Hearts so far is where they decide Xehanort is the ultimate centrist and it ends with a mocking "debate me" from Austin and a really monotone "change my mind" from Patrick.

:cac :cac :cac

I get thinking it's a stupid fucking article (It's from Esquire for one thing) but they are taking it to Glenn Beck levels.

for kicks here is them responding to The Onion making fun of them.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-onion-reviews-super-smash-bros-ultimate.85783/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:21:44 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

PogiJones

« Reply #60947 on: February 13, 2019, 02:34:11 AM »
The ironic thing about KHarvey being a contrarian on RE is that that means he's usually right.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60948 on: February 13, 2019, 02:39:16 AM »
Dont tell me that is the first time you ever read an Esquire magazine

Studio 54 ref!
sigh

BikeJesus

« Reply #60949 on: February 13, 2019, 03:41:12 AM »
Update on Jussie Smollett:

Gave police redacted phone records and hired Harvey Weinsteins PR firm.

:doge

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #60950 on: February 13, 2019, 04:58:55 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #60951 on: February 13, 2019, 05:07:24 AM »
The ironic thing about KHarvey being a contrarian on RE is that that means he's usually right.

he's about 50/50 on any given subject

clothedmacuser

« Reply #60952 on: February 13, 2019, 05:10:17 AM »
This entire thread.  Imagine thinking that Esquire is trolling you

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-history-month-trolling-continues-esquire%E2%80%99s-profile-of-white-american-boy-during-black-history-month-stirs-controversy.99193

RE getting pissed over this has to be one of the most idiotic moments yet.

It's a low point in Ree history.  And that is saying a lot.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60953 on: February 13, 2019, 05:15:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-activision-blizzard-begins-massive-layoffs-offering-comprehensive-severance-packages-to-affected.99283/page-10#post-17850760

Quote from: Green Slime King, post: 17850225, member: 4429
I just, really hate capitalism. If that makes me some weirdo or edgy asshole or something so be it.

Quote from: Mr. Shakedown, post: 17850760, member: 13325
It makes you sane, and you're in excellent company. Eat the rich.

The posts and avatar combination :lawd

Not to defend "Capitalism" (or this specific instance of downsizing) but do they think there would not be some sort of workforce allocation mechanism ("layoffs"), and one without any friction, in a different system ? There's plenty that could be done to mitigate the effects or to remove the incentive for companies to part with workers at the drop of an hat.
:yeshrug

I also loved the post is followed up by :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-activision-blizzard-begins-massive-layoffs-offering-comprehensive-severance-packages-to-affected.99283/page-10#post-17850929

Capitalism. :nope
Paternalist capitalism. :ohyeah
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:22:52 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60954 on: February 13, 2019, 05:21:01 AM »
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #60955 on: February 13, 2019, 05:53:03 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60956 on: February 13, 2019, 06:50:28 AM »
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #60957 on: February 13, 2019, 06:51:14 AM »
Photorealistic PVC action figures.

agrajag

« Reply #60959 on: February 13, 2019, 07:05:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-if-trump-is-exonerated-in-the-russian-collusion-investigation-he-will-surely-win-in-2020.99385/

Quote from: jcnet
Either way you look at it he's a serial killer.

se·ri·al kill·erDictionary result for serial killer
noun
noun: serial killer; plural noun: serial killers
a person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behavior pattern.

Trump is unpredictable though so the keyword in that definition is TYPICALLY... by that definition he is a serial killer through his actions and those that have died from his policy implementation. Hopefully Serial Killer X is behind bars soon.