Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901837 times)

Leadbelly

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #61320 on: February 14, 2019, 01:14:17 PM »
In other words, the size of the area that isn't covered by surveillance cameras is really small.

You are assuming this though aren't you?

The size of the area Jessie S walked that is missing cameras is small, that's all you can determine from the "gap" being reported.

There could be other areas where there are no cameras.

Well, I am not saying it is fact. I am assuming it based on previous reporting on the case though, like this:
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1093638305596534786

Which gives me the impression that the area is covered in surveillance cameras. Of course, it doesn't mean at that time there weren't holes in the footage, only that it seems the area itself has plenty of cameras.

One thing I said that is inaccurate though. Police never said the persons of interest were homeless. I read that somewhere. That seems to be a misreporting. It appears to have come from here. This is false.
https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1092846660982579200

BisMarckie

« Reply #61321 on: February 14, 2019, 01:15:08 PM »

When's the last time you visited chicago?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SUS
[close]

I lived in Chicago for 18 months, the only hate crimes I saw were their attempts at "authentic" German bread. :yuck

BikeJesus

« Reply #61322 on: February 14, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
The Bire's MAGA tards on full blast:

It's sad, but I think this post from gaf sums it up:

This is what a PR firm gets you. A softball interview on Good Morning America

Reminder, the PR firm representing Harvey Rapestein was hired by Jussie. No broken ribs. The two from the surveillance tape were leaving the area like a half hour before the brutal lynching. Police say they want to interview Jussie again, but are waiting for him to come back to Chiraq. Jussie gave redacted phone records.

Sus af.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #61323 on: February 14, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »
The Bire's MAGA tards on full blast:

It's sad, but I think this post from gaf sums it up:

This is what a PR firm gets you. A softball interview on Good Morning America

Reminder, the PR firm representing Harvey Rapestein was hired by Jussie. No broken ribs. The two from the surveillance tape were leaving the area like a half hour before the brutal lynching. Police say they want to interview Jussie again, but are waiting for him to come back to Chiraq. Jussie gave redacted phone records.

Sus af.

wait, he hired a PR firm? I heard on ERA that hiring a PR firm is a HUGE red flag pointing at guilt. Or was that just for teenagers wearing maga hats. I get confused.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #61324 on: February 14, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
People always forget that the majority of actors are fucking looney toons in their real life. They only see them on screen when they are pretending to be other people and believe that's who they are.

It's like when people are shocked when comedians turn out to be degenerates in their real life.

BikeJesus

« Reply #61325 on: February 14, 2019, 01:37:38 PM »

wait, he hired a PR firm? I heard on ERA that hiring a PR firm is a HUGE red flag pointing at guilt. Or was that just for teenagers wearing maga hats. I get confused.

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1095500421538500608

marrec

« Reply #61326 on: February 14, 2019, 01:44:08 PM »

Of note: Sunshine Sachs also helped launch the Time's Up campaign.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #61327 on: February 14, 2019, 01:51:56 PM »
Quote from: excelsiorleif
Look at that puppet

Benefit of the doubt flies out the window there

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-play-opening-in-london-uses-horrifying-puppet-to-portray-child-with-autism.99669/#post-17914845

When I hear the word "culture", I write my ResetERA post

ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #61328 on: February 14, 2019, 01:58:49 PM »
In other words, the size of the area that isn't covered by surveillance cameras is really small.

You are assuming this though aren't you?

The size of the area Jessie S walked that is missing cameras is small, that's all you can determine from the "gap" being reported.

There could be other areas where there are no cameras.

Well, I am not saying it is fact. I am assuming it based on previous reporting on the case though, like this:
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1093638305596534786

Which gives me the impression that the area is covered in surveillance cameras. Of course, it doesn't mean at that time there weren't holes in the footage, only that it seems the area itself has plenty of cameras.

One thing I said that is inaccurate though. Police never said the persons of interest were homeless. I read that somewhere. That seems to be a misreporting. It appears to have come from here. This is false.
https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1092846660982579200

There are around 40-60 homicides per month in Chicago.   It's been 2 weeks of the department painstakingly investigating this for hundreds upon hundreds of hours.  He better not be full of shit, man.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #61329 on: February 14, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »
Like seriously, Soviet censors probably put in a little more work than that and sometimes reviewed the entire play before deeming it subversive.
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #61330 on: February 14, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Rinse Bassfunk, post: 17919689, member: 11767
Outside of cases where the cost of living is respectively high, 100k (as a single earner, not combined household) is rich to most of the world

I guess we got to bring down the people even making low-end six-figure incomes

Brb gonna put my stepdads head on a pike for making 300k+ with bonuses

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61332 on: February 14, 2019, 02:18:41 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/whats-the-current-status-of-gaf-in-general-right-now.1467637/reply?quote=253792630
NeoGAF GOLD MEMBER
Quote from: Chittagong, post: 253792630, member: 1120
Seems the Nintendo Direct is pushing the numbers ever higher. GAF is now at 263 members online and 2085 total visitors. It's interesting how big the amount of lurkers here is, the fear of retribution is real. GAF is now around 20% of Era traffic in terms of people online. I would say that about 50% of Era members online is the point when things get out of hand.

:foodcourt

GAF is now around 20% of Era traffic in terms of people online

:neogaf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61333 on: February 14, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »
Traffic is definitely growing with quality threads like this one:

:nsfw
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/butt-thread.1472214/

:gentleman

Amazing seeing something like this back on GAF.  Era would be REEEEEEEEEEEEEEing at the mouth over it.

Quote from: cryptoadam, post: 253785274, member: 740652
Well we got a thread about Abs, we got a thread about hot or not, so how about the butt thread.

You like em big?  Small? Round? Flat? 

Post pics of your favourites.  No discrimination here, men butts or lady butts.  Someone should post that superman Butt. I aint gay but I gotta give that guy his props.

For me a small round butt is perfect.  I don't like those super big butts like Kim K. 

And whats with Asian's now?  They seem to be getting into the butt game.  I remember back in the day the stereotype was Asians all had flat pancake butts.

And of course I expect tons of sir mix a lot quotes in here.

:exxy  :social
ど助平

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61334 on: February 14, 2019, 02:29:11 PM »
the one thing that always gets me about this jussie smollet thing..

his name is JUSSIE

:foodcourt

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #61335 on: February 14, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »

Amazing seeing something like this back on GAF.  Era would be REEEEEEEEEEEEEEing at the mouth over it.

Well we got a thread about Abs, we got a thread about hot or not, so how about the butt thread.

Post pics of your favourites.  No discrimination here, men butts or lady butts.  Someone should post that superman Butt. I aint gay but I gotta give that guy his props.

For me a small round butt is perfect.  I don't like those super big butts like Kim K. 

And whats with Asian's now?  They seem to be getting into the butt game.  I remember back in the day the stereotype was Asians all had flat pancake butts.

`

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/butt-thread.1472214/post-253786212

:lol :lol :lol
🤴

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61336 on: February 14, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »
lol crackdown 3...

I now understand the constant console warring by XBOTS like jansen in this thread  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #61337 on: February 14, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61338 on: February 14, 2019, 02:42:49 PM »
Who the fuck likes a flat butt?

The one dude in that thread posting Dead Or Alive Xtreme and anime gifs instead of real women.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61339 on: February 14, 2019, 02:43:54 PM »

`

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/butt-thread.1472214/post-253786212

Quote from: Yoshi, post: 253786212, member: 6294
How human's ancestors walked around:

So what were they looking at in terms of the body? Butt.

The butt is not very important to my visual appreciation, but given my general preference for fitness: Tight yet round is preferrable.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61340 on: February 14, 2019, 02:45:18 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/living-the-switch-life-share-pictures-of-fond-memories-with-your-nintendo-switch.1469645/#post-253780455

Quote from: Chittagong, post: 253780168, member: 1120
Every Jan-Feb, we take some five weeks of holiday and go diving. I mean, why take holidays like most Europeans do in the summer, when it’s actually nice there?

For these trips, Switch has been absolutely amazing, I have had lots of time off the grid to catch up with my backlog.

Here’s what I played this break:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate. On my way to Asia, I finally managed to unlock all the remaining characters playing Classic mode. It’s the first time I’ve ever spent over 10 hours on any SSB game, the variety and single player content is fantastic. The GameCube controller makes a massive difference, the game is so much more intuitive!

(Image removed from quote.)

New Super Mario Bros Deluxe. At Mabul/Sipadan, there is hardly any internet. Like, 56kbps tier on a good day. Thankfully, turns out Nintendo had preloaded the game to my Switch while I was at home, and I managed to unlock it.

New Super Mario Bros Deluxe. At Bunaken, no TV in the bungalow. Thankfully, NSMBU is great in the portable mode. Love the hunt of the hidden coins in each stage. The difficulty really starts to ramp up.

Bayonetta 2. In Raja Ampat, on a liveaboard, finally time to dig into this Edge 10/10 game. What an amazing game, ridiculous story but boss after boss after boss bliss.

Bayonetta 2. In Sorong, there is really not much to do in the town. Nothing, in fact. So I managed to beat the game finally. Mostly stone medals though...

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. At Lembeh strait, playing almost the polar opposite of NSMBU. Whereas the former is about reflexes and figuring out things, DKCTF is about memorising patterns. Completed the game with KONG letters in each stage, but some hidden stages remain... Again, no TV, and a game perfect in the portable mode.

Octopath Traveller. On a flight to Singapore, finally got started with this game. Have been wanting to play it for ages. Playing Scholar.

Octopath Traveller. At Singapore, got to play on the best TV of the trip so far. Gaming bliss!

For those new to the thread, the idea is kinda similar to the ‘show your pickups’ thread, showing what we play on Switch. Inspired by the reveal trailer!
:mike :goldberg
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #61341 on: February 14, 2019, 03:24:37 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/empires-jussie-smollett-hospitalized-after-two-men-wrap-noose-around-his-neck-pour-bleach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/post-17380162

Quote from: Shoeless
Quote from: Digital OP
Watching an ABC report about the incident, they mentioned the "MAGA Country" comment.

Police are coming surveillance around the block. Good to hear FBI will help out.
I have no idea how America will respond if these people are caught and one or both of their parents hire a PR firm to spin it so that Smollett was the aggressor, and they were just trying to defuse the situation with awkward smirks... oh, and a noose... Boys will be boys, and all that...

Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #61342 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »
u guys r all sus

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #61343 on: February 14, 2019, 03:44:44 PM »
u guys r all sus

That's why we're all here.  :doge

Leadbelly

« Reply #61344 on: February 14, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/empires-jussie-smollett-hospitalized-after-two-men-wrap-noose-around-his-neck-pour-bleach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/post-17380162

Quote from: Shoeless
Quote from: Digital OP
Watching an ABC report about the incident, they mentioned the "MAGA Country" comment.

Police are coming surveillance around the block. Good to hear FBI will help out.
I have no idea how America will respond if these people are caught and one or both of their parents hire a PR firm to spin it so that Smollett was the aggressor, and they were just trying to defuse the situation with awkward smirks... oh, and a noose... Boys will be boys, and all that...

A part of me wants there to be like the most brutal murder committed by young boys. Hacked to death by an axe or something. Just so I could waltz into a thread and go, 'boys will be boys', and watch the meltdown ensue. Obviously I wouldn't for a number of reasons, but the ways in which they pretend that saying is used... Who even uses it these days anyway?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #61345 on: February 14, 2019, 03:51:07 PM »
A part of me wants there to be like the most brutal murder committed by young boys. Hacked to death by an axe or something. Just so I could waltz into a thread and go, 'boys will be boys', and watch the meltdown ensue. Obviously I wouldn't for a number of reasons, but the ways in which they pretend that saying is used... Who even uses it these days anyway?

Gilette

Leadbelly

« Reply #61346 on: February 14, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
Another thing: It makes complete sense why the covington kids would hire a PR team. I just find it funny that they would see it as really suspicious for like, you know, kids who are caught in a twitterstorm, have their faces plastered all over the media, and have absolutely no experience dealing with the press. Why wouldn't they hire professional help?

BikeJesus

« Reply #61347 on: February 14, 2019, 04:12:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096154170879406080

:trumps

Just to be clear, I am not calling Jussie a liar, but the facts as he stated do not make sense to me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:17:02 PM by BikeJesus »

Coitus

« Reply #61349 on: February 14, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
Kirblar's anti-semitism thread quickly falling off the front page.  He'll be so sad.

Propagandhim

« Reply #61350 on: February 14, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096154170879406080

:trumps

Just to be clear, I am not calling Jussie a liar, but the facts as he stated do not make sense to me.

What the hell  :lol :lol 

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #61351 on: February 14, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »
That would make this less likely to be a hoax though.

If these are bigot stalkers that went to those lengths, they would know where he would be.

stufte

« Reply #61352 on: February 14, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »

If these are bigot stalkers that went to those lengths, they would know where he would be.

Yah this bit of information makes much more sense than a couple of randos... hmmmmm.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #61353 on: February 14, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

I never thought the attack was a hoax, but that it was clearly something personal. Drug deal gone bad. Slept with an ex. Ran over their dog.

I still think Im right (when am I wrong?)
:O

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #61354 on: February 14, 2019, 04:45:15 PM »
Also, on this day of love, isn't it a good idea to #free Cream?
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #61355 on: February 14, 2019, 04:45:45 PM »
I was already pretty fucking clear. I want some wireless head shit with gloves to simulate hands and a better way to move within the virtual space. I want Sword Art Online, not hobble around a room with sensors.

If you don't get that then that is 100% on you. Like, it was in my fucking posts.

Sometimes you got to show a little power to make some people accept what you're saying or else they continue on their wayward way. Notice how his tune changed? Yeah. It works. *flex*

:badass

User Banned (2 Days): Hostility towards other members over a series of posts

:ufup

stufte

« Reply #61356 on: February 14, 2019, 04:48:49 PM »
Bianca was on to something on the 30th...  :o  :lol

http://twitter.com/BiancaWare777/status/1090788611790983168

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #61357 on: February 14, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »
Another thing: It makes complete sense why the covington kids would hire a PR team. I just find it funny that they would see it as really suspicious for like, you know, kids who are caught in a twitterstorm, have their faces plastered all over the media, and have absolutely no experience dealing with the press. Why wouldn't they hire professional help?

The private detective the school hired to check the story out basically came back and said all of the internet detective work that made the covington kids definitely irredeemable assholes, even if they didn't actually do what the #fakenews original story said they did was wrong and it was just random other kids in maga hats that were also there and people were just mentally grouping them together.
Which obviously era took to be even more suspicious.

Leadbelly

« Reply #61358 on: February 14, 2019, 04:53:57 PM »

Well, it allows for a more plausible scenario. However, it is quite easy to think of other scenarios based on this information that are also plausible. One being Jussie along with other Empire actors planned it.

Of course it is equally plausible they just happened to be in the area the same night. It is an affluent area, where I imagine a number of actors from Empire stay during filming.

TMZ report. The way they frame it is interesting.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-attack-police-questioning-persons-of-interest-empire-actor/

stufte

« Reply #61359 on: February 14, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »
uh oh
http://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1096139450051117057

from another tweet:

BTW, a "tower dump" is a record of all cellphone traffic on a given cellular tower during a certain period of time. Relatively common tool in big investigations.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #61360 on: February 14, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #61361 on: February 14, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/richseng/status/1096165798878556160

VIGILANTE JUSTICE.  Private citizens doing what must be done.  Thank you for your service, Rich!  Now go get a job.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:11:56 PM by Propagandhim »

Propagandhim

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #61363 on: February 14, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
I wonder if russians are involved.

:thinking

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #61364 on: February 14, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »
What in the actual fuck
Uncle

BikeJesus

« Reply #61365 on: February 14, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1096139450051117057

Fucked up if this turns out to be true.

Propagandhim

« Reply #61366 on: February 14, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »
Indelible in the hippocampus is the shouting, "This is MAGA country"

Averon

« Reply #61367 on: February 14, 2019, 05:21:25 PM »
Has Reee completely banned discussion about the Jussie Smollett case? They were really into this story when it initally appeared. Now, with all these updates, nothing.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #61368 on: February 14, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »
Has Reee completely banned discussion about this case? They were really into this case when it first appeared. Now, with all these updates, nothing.

Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #61369 on: February 14, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
This viral marketing is too much.

:stop

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #61370 on: February 14, 2019, 05:22:39 PM »
Ok, fucktards, I'll bite. What are these "updates"?
每天生气

Propagandhim

« Reply #61371 on: February 14, 2019, 05:24:12 PM »
Ok, fucktards, I'll bite. What are these "updates"?

Propagandhim

« Reply #61372 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »

stufte

« Reply #61373 on: February 14, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #61374 on: February 14, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
Has Reee completely banned discussion about this case? They were really into this case when it first appeared. Now, with all these updates, nothing.

uh, Jussie should be before the rest of it.

oh i didn't see the time filter.

Some Reeree took the plunge and added the recent updates to the Jussie thread. *popcorn.gif*

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-breaks-his-silence-after-vicious-attack-im-ok.97099/post-17928505
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:33:21 PM by BikeJesus »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #61375 on: February 14, 2019, 05:30:46 PM »

uh, Jussie should be before the rest of it.

Without stipulating "past week:"

Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #61376 on: February 14, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-breaks-his-silence-after-vicious-attack-im-ok.97099/post-17928505

Posted 11 minutes ago. As of yet, no one has responded. lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #61377 on: February 14, 2019, 05:32:05 PM »
每天生气

Propagandhim

« Reply #61378 on: February 14, 2019, 05:34:03 PM »

They always put it on backwards.  Amateur hour.  Morton's swastika was backwards too.   :lol

BikeJesus

« Reply #61379 on: February 14, 2019, 05:34:42 PM »
Oh man. That is not the bump I wanted to read :(

*unzips pants*

I finally get this whole 'edging' thing.