Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 1147782 times)

Jansen

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #66600 on: February 11, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »
Dude was a serious con creeper for almost 2 decades. Like literally no one should be giving companies props for cutting ties with him now when they knew

FStop7

« Reply #66601 on: February 11, 2019, 08:40:24 PM »
Ree is blocked on Tender Greens’ free wifi.  :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #66602 on: February 11, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »
Nah, Vic's been a well-known creeper for years, but he was one of the big names in the industry so nobody wanted to bring it out into the open.

Imagined that when I heard some of the Funimation big wigs started to have mixed feelings about him during the shitstorm.

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
« Reply #66603 on: February 11, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »
Ree is blocked on Tender Greens’ free wifi.  :lol

:confused

IDon'tKnowHer.gif

Oh, a Vegan kitchen. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of public wifi filters *autistic screeching*.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #66604 on: February 11, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »
Am I shitty for thinking it’s stupid to want them to redub old shows Vic was involved with? I mean from a business standpoint it doesn’t make sense. But from an emotional stand point I’m not sure I’m that botherd. Guy sounds like trash and should lose his job yeah, but I don’t know the work is already done. I see no reason to go back to “fix” it. I mean I was actually watching Rahxephon the other day and he voices a side character there. It was a bit weird because I was like “oh there’s the creepier” but then I just went about my day. Now if I was a victim sure I’d be bothered, but as a onlooker I’m not.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:08:47 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Boredfrom

« Reply #66605 on: February 11, 2019, 08:59:13 PM »
Of course not. Is more insane to me that people are trying to fight for that.

Boredfrom

« Reply #66606 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
well for all it was thrown at me in that thread that I need to "talk to actual venezuelans" to hear why they hate maduro, I don't think any of the same people bothered to try and find a real venezuelan maduro supporter to ask why they don't support regime change even when they can't put food on the table

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congresswoman-omar-ignites-new-anti-semitism-controversy-with-comments-on-aipac.98918/page-19#post-17810325

EightBitNate

• #WheredEnzomGo
« Reply #66607 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »
Am I shitty for thinking it’s stupid to want them to redub old shows Vic was involved with? I mean from a business standpoint it doesn’t make sense. But from an emotional stand point I’m not sure I’m that botherd. Guy sounds like trash and should lose his job yeah, but I don’t know the work is already done. I see no reason to go back to “fix” it. I mean I was actually watching Rahxephon the other day and he voices a side character there. It was a bit weird because I was like “oh there’s the creepier” but then I just went about my day. Now if I was a victim sure I’d be bothered, but as a onlooker I’m not.

I actually like him as Edward Elric. It's annoying in a cheesy sort of way, which I like.

james

« Reply #66608 on: February 11, 2019, 09:38:40 PM »
Fuck Chuck Schumer
:O

Glen

• In a world where you can be anything: be kind.
« Reply #66609 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
Damn. Fullmetal Alchemist is ruined now.

Boredfrom

« Reply #66610 on: February 11, 2019, 09:45:16 PM »
Damn. Fullmetal Alchemist is ruined now.

Not for me. Latin American dubs baby  :playa

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #66611 on: February 11, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
 :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds :expert :nerds :expert :nerds :expert :nerds :expert :nerds :expert :nerds  :expert :nerds :expert :nerds

BisMarckie

« Reply #66612 on: February 11, 2019, 10:00:53 PM »
:expert
:expert :expert :expert :expert :expert

JayDubya

« Reply #66613 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:52 PM »
I see no reason to care about this in the past tense, past shows, whatever.  He did a great job as Ed regardless.

As far as the present and future, I don't really see sufficient evidence to be pro the witch hunt de jour; if they have something notable on him, they haven't shared it.

Shuri

« Reply #66614 on: February 11, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »

Predict Resetera's hot takes on this video.

JayDubya

« Reply #66615 on: February 11, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
I love reading the subtitles where the poor Italian newslady has to explain what Warhammer 40k is.

In the grim dark dark of the grim dark, there is only grimdark and darkgrim.

pgtl_10

« Reply #66616 on: February 11, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »
Is Ichthyosaurus an alt of kirblar? They have the same posting style where they try to justify shutting down any support for anyone left of Hillary.

Also Resetera has a weird hate fetish for Glenn Greenwald. What did he do to tick him off?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #66617 on: February 11, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »

Predict Resetera's hot takes on this video.

I have to say, It's hard to tell if that's pro or anti trump

Coitus

« Reply #66618 on: February 11, 2019, 11:44:48 PM »
The twitter logos on the sword are a nice touch.

james

« Reply #66619 on: February 11, 2019, 11:49:27 PM »
The jewish mod is awake and banning people who are against Aipac

james

« Reply #66620 on: February 12, 2019, 12:14:59 AM »
That Clipjoint ban is bullshit. Mods need to stop acting like cunts who throw out bans when conversations are not to their liking because they can't handle the conversation taking place. Shut the fuck up and let the conversation flow rather than trying to stifle it. He ain't done anything in the discussion worthy of a ban. And citing some bullshit reason as "misrepresenting information" along with some vague allusions to past incidents, which if this ban was anything to go by, may be similarly bullshit, ain't justifying it. It basically reeks of "I'm tired of this fucker and this discussion, let's just ban him to stop him coming at it".

:salute :salute

Jansen

« Reply #66621 on: February 12, 2019, 12:27:31 AM »

Jansen

« Reply #66623 on: February 12, 2019, 01:00:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ellen-page-calls-out-chris-pratts-infamously-anti-lgbtq-church.98497/page-9#post-17797592

Quote from: TheMango55, post: 17797592, member: 29765
He left the IA+ off of LBGTQIA+ So you know he hates gay people.

I knew he was pure evil from the moment he said he would pray for Kevin Smith! What kind of monster prays for someone?

YIKES

Coffee Dog

« Reply #66625 on: February 12, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »
I get that I'm being a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, but fuck it I live in one of the most theocratic states in the USA and have no experience with these nu age "liberal values" churches, but how exactly do lgbt friendly churches exist in the manner that excel and others are claiming?

Do they just skip that part of the bible? Do they not care about whether the congregation is going to Heaven or Hell? Do they think that the bible is just a load of old timey hooey and church is just a social thing?

It just seems so fundamentally incompatible, even more than a lot of the other silly shit the church does. It's like if I started a church that said "Bible's the word of God, but we allow coveting of your neighbor's wife and murder because God obviously wasn't aware of 2019 when he laid down these inflexible rules".

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #66626 on: February 12, 2019, 01:26:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ellen-page-calls-out-chris-pratts-infamously-anti-lgbtq-church.98497/page-9#post-17797592

Quote from: TheMango55, post: 17797592, member: 29765
YIKES

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ellen-page-calls-out-chris-pratts-infamously-anti-lgbtq-church.98497/page-10#post-17805348

What exactly is the mods stance on church and beliefs?  I like how the mods know that to ban randomly and contribute to the general paranoia of the forum will make its population scared to question them.  Respect people and religions but sometimes not?

I hate to be so Fox News but imagine if this was a muslim actor and his Mosque.

I leave you with Tucker Carlson getting owned.

sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #66627 on: February 12, 2019, 01:56:14 AM »
Ellen page calls out the Vice fucking president of the united states for his hate and that thread is two pages.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-late-show-ellen-page-calls-out-hateful-leadership.97026/

Ellen page calls out dude who shit in his pants while trying to make a fart joke on parks and recs, and that thread is eleven pages.

Go fuck yourself resetera and your virtue signaling bening internet activism worthless pieces of shits.

BIONIC

• Liberal Brazilian Trucker Métis Amputee #UncalcifyBobby He/She
« Reply #66628 on: February 12, 2019, 02:05:57 AM »
It’s only forum, why heff to be mad?  ::)
Kcils

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #66629 on: February 12, 2019, 02:12:41 AM »

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #66630 on: February 12, 2019, 03:01:08 AM »
Ellen page calls out the Vice fucking president of the united states for his hate and that thread is two pages.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-late-show-ellen-page-calls-out-hateful-leadership.97026/

Ellen page calls out dude who shit in his pants while trying to make a fart joke on parks and recs, and that thread is eleven pages.

Go fuck yourself resetera and your virtue signaling bening internet activism worthless pieces of shits.
:trumps
dutch

BikeJesus

« Reply #66631 on: February 12, 2019, 03:50:15 AM »
Is Ichthyosaurus an alt of kirblar? They have the same posting style where they try to justify shutting down any support for anyone left of Hillary.

Also Resetera has a weird hate fetish for Glenn Greenwald. What did he do to tick him off?

Defense of Julian Assange and not towing the line.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #66632 on: February 12, 2019, 05:54:34 AM »

agrajag

• hello children
« Reply #66633 on: February 12, 2019, 06:47:21 AM »
have we talked about Katy Perry's nazi incel shoes yet?

They thought they were slick including a light skin/white version lmaoo

Nah fam

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #66634 on: February 12, 2019, 07:13:21 AM »
I get that I'm being a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, but fuck it I live in one of the most theocratic states in the USA and have no experience with these nu age "liberal values" churches, but how exactly do lgbt friendly churches exist in the manner that excel and others are claiming?

Do they just skip that part of the bible? Do they not care about whether the congregation is going to Heaven or Hell? Do they think that the bible is just a load of old timey hooey and church is just a social thing?

It just seems so fundamentally incompatible, even more than a lot of the other silly shit the church does. It's like if I started a church that said "Bible's the word of God, but we allow coveting of your neighbor's wife and murder because God obviously wasn't aware of 2019 when he laid down these inflexible rules".

Yeah, pretty much. One of the dumbest things non-religious people think is that anyone who goes to church is super dogmatic and follows shit to the letter. MOST church goers/churches are pretty chill and casually ignore the unsavory parts of the Bible/Christian history and focus on the community and positivity aspect. There's a lot of handwaving and shrugging even from true blue devout Christians, because there has to be otherwise you're going to be a monster in modern times.

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #66635 on: February 12, 2019, 07:41:56 AM »
Most people who go to church cheat on their spouses.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #66636 on: February 12, 2019, 08:07:32 AM »
Most of the dumb and heinous shit is in the OT which Jesus conviently overrides with the New Testament.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:12:34 AM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #66637 on: February 12, 2019, 08:17:01 AM »
He actually doesn't and is very insistent on following the old covenant and all things associated with it, and was only the savior of the Jews. Not that that aspect matters, either.

Christianity is basically the cult of Saul/Paul, not Jesus. That fucker might literally be the anti-Christ.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #66638 on: February 12, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
And yet the majority of Christians subscribe to Pauline Christianity, so spare me your interpretation.
Oi Oi

Leadbelly

« Reply #66639 on: February 12, 2019, 08:41:49 AM »

It's funny because Glenn Greenwald is very much seen as an example of the 'regressive left' by certain factions. This is mainly because of him and his associates attacking people critical of Islam. However, one thing you can say about Greenwald is he is an ardent defender of free speech, and it's that aspect of him that was never going to gel with Era types.

marrec

« Reply #66640 on: February 12, 2019, 09:17:46 AM »

It's funny because Glenn Greenwald is very much seen as an example of the 'regressive left' by certain factions. This is mainly because of him and his associates attacking people critical of Islam. However, one thing you can say about Greenwald is he is an ardent defender of free speech, and it's that aspect of him that was never going to gel with Era types.

Ardent defend of free speech... lol I can't roll my eyes hard enough

BIONIC

• Liberal Brazilian Trucker Métis Amputee #UncalcifyBobby He/She
« Reply #66641 on: February 12, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »
Kcils

Averon

« Reply #66642 on: February 12, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »
That Clipjoint ban is bullshit. Mods need to stop acting like cunts who throw out bans when conversations are not to their liking because they can't handle the conversation taking place. Shut the fuck up and let the conversation flow rather than trying to stifle it. He ain't done anything in the discussion worthy of a ban. And citing some bullshit reason as "misrepresenting information" along with some vague allusions to past incidents, which if this ban was anything to go by, may be similarly bullshit, ain't justifying it. It basically reeks of "I'm tired of this fucker and this discussion, let's just ban him to stop him coming at it".

Not surprising, but...

User Banned (Duration Pending): Hostile comments towards staff, history of hostile behaviour

Also, Clipjoint's ban was reversed, which is surprising. Usually when they get called out when they make questionable bans they dig in their heels, ban any further discussion on the topic, and make some generic "message staff privately to ask about moderation" proclamation. I guess getting called out for such blatant, indefensible mod abuse hit a nerve? Or Royalan couldn't defend his ban of Clipjoint to the rest of the mods  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66643 on: February 12, 2019, 09:35:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-had-my-front-tooth-knocked-out-by-a-crazy-person.99186/post-17824028

wow that sounds terrible

Was at the post office, a guy was screaming a the staff hurling racist and other slurs. I walked over and told him to calm down and asked what was happening, apparently someone pushed in front of him in the queue.

I asked if that was a valid reason for this kind of escalation, he started screaming at me.

:badass

Took my phone out to record it

:ufup

So I called the police and followed him while I did intending to see where he lived as he was obviously local,

:neogaf :mindblown

I have a horrible habbit of involving myself when I see people abusing others, so this was a long time coming.
:ego

more like you wanted to post a "LOOK AT CRAZY RACIST ASSHOLE" video

Propagandhim

« Reply #66644 on: February 12, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's fucking amazing.  Tries to get his phone out to record some mentally disturbed rando.  Probably had a warm, fuzzy feeling thinking about all the retweets before that dose of reality. 

Boredfrom

« Reply #66645 on: February 12, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »

Not surprising, but...

User Banned (Duration Pending): Hostile comments towards staff, history of hostile behaviour

Also, Clipjoint's ban was reversed, which is surprising. Usually when they get called out when they make questionable bans they dig in their heels, ban any further discussion on the topic, and make some generic "message staff privately to ask about moderation" proclamation. I guess getting called out for such blatant, indefensible mod abuse hit a nerve? Or Royalan couldn't defend his ban of Clipjoint to the rest of the mods  :lol

I remember the ban message included “racism” initially. Clipjoint was being annoying and the BLM analogy was asking for it, but seriously doubt Clip was being racist.

In any case, both sides in that thread were pretty dumb, being honest here.

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #66646 on: February 12, 2019, 09:44:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-had-my-front-tooth-knocked-out-by-a-crazy-person.99186/post-17824028

wow that sounds terrible

Was at the post office, a guy was screaming a the staff hurling racist and other slurs. I walked over and told him to calm down and asked what was happening, apparently someone pushed in front of him in the queue.

I asked if that was a valid reason for this kind of escalation, he started screaming at me.

So I called the police and followed him while I did intending to see where he lived as he was obviously local,

I have a horrible habbit of involving myself when I see people abusing others, so this was a long time coming.

WORLD START ERA . COM!!!

:dead

Boredfrom

« Reply #66647 on: February 12, 2019, 09:45:28 AM »

wow that sounds terrible

So why he went all George Zimmerman and started to follow him?

BisMarckie

« Reply #66648 on: February 12, 2019, 09:45:55 AM »
As a cringe aficionado these last two linked threads  are just :delicious
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:50:28 AM by KennyLoggins »

Propagandhim

« Reply #66649 on: February 12, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »

This guy needs to come here to NYC to treat his white savior neurosis.  Imagine jumping into every altercation with your phone at the ready with no abandon.  What a dumb cracker. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66650 on: February 12, 2019, 09:48:26 AM »

So why he went all George Zimmerman and started to follow him?

so he could make a thread on resetera.com and banbait people for 'victim blaming'
 :rollsafe

BisMarckie

« Reply #66651 on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
The right course of action when an obvious crazy person is screaming stuff is to film them for using inappropriate language. :rofl

riotous

• What’s with *insert name*’s beef with riotous?
« Reply #66652 on: February 12, 2019, 09:52:38 AM »
I used to have a similar bad habit and still do occasionally involve myself  in shit I shouldn't;  but random crazy people? 

You either keep your distance or knock them the fuck out, there's no in between.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66653 on: February 12, 2019, 09:56:56 AM »
you sure as fuck don't start following them home, jfc

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #66654 on: February 12, 2019, 09:57:01 AM »
This went quickly into "you asked for that" territory.

edit:Oh, I see. It's that astro guy who got mad when someone on the forum used "boys"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-please-stop-using-the-word-boys-to-address-the-room.78465/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:01:55 AM by HaughtyFrank »

BisMarckie

« Reply #66655 on: February 12, 2019, 09:58:11 AM »
I worked in a grocery store  during my college days and you had homeless people who had an psychotic episode comin in pretty much daily.
The thought that someone tried engaging them in a serious way and calling them out for their language had me laughing so hard that I almost peed myself. :rofl

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66656 on: February 12, 2019, 10:01:18 AM »
Also, given OPs always present themselves in the most flattering way possible when describing the events of an OP, I'd be prepared to bet it went more like this:
 - dude having a meltdown at post office
 - takes out phone and starts filming with a "U MAD BRO?"
 - dude having a meltdown swipes at phone then storms out of post office
 - OP follows him out while filming and going "Y U MAD THO?"
 - gets punched in the face

but obviously I believe the talk of OP only backing down when his assailant wielded a Kusari-fundo

ZombieSupaStar

« Reply #66658 on: February 12, 2019, 10:08:06 AM »
At that point is saw red and chased him. I grabbed him with the intent to hold him for the police, and he pulled out a chain, a thick fucking metal chain with a spike on the end of it. At that point I put my hands up and just let him walk way.

When trying to act offline like you do online turns your life into impromptu Streets of Rage.

Cauliflower Of Love

• Section 552
« Reply #66659 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
Are you sure you’re not the crazy person? We’re you having a boring day or something? What a bizarre string of events, why keep involving yourself with this guy?

lol