Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5899513 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic
« Reply #66901 on: March 04, 2019, 05:17:29 AM »
I always assumed a care post was anything that wasn’t a shit post.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #66903 on: March 04, 2019, 05:45:28 AM »
it's already 3 pages at 1.5 hours old and it's late at night/early in the morning

that thread will be 30 pages by noon

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #66904 on: March 04, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »
things are already getting spicy

Yes cause black people wouldn’t know anything about that right? I’ve noticed anyone who is remotely pro-lgbtq has said nearly every insult short of using the N word to Terry but he’s hurting them right?

and it's not even enzom  :doge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #66905 on: March 04, 2019, 06:00:06 AM »
That YouTube megathread...

He also celebrated when Gaf melted down, but to be fair so did other people in the OP list IIRC.

...much like a lot of RE users ?
:confused

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-have-a-conversation-about-youtubers-a-megathread.103119/page-2#post-18500740

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps I ought to just remove the "recommendations" section of the OP altogether. It would certainly cut down on the excessive length, lol.

It was only intended to end things on a positive note, and suggest some alternative content to consume. However, its inclusion seems to have been a net negative, as it has shifted the discussion towards microanalysis of specific people, rather than problematic views and behaviors more generally;

Who could have ever expected that to happen. Can't believe girlfriend reviews would follow pewdiepie. The horror  :shaking

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #66906 on: March 04, 2019, 06:21:37 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66907 on: March 04, 2019, 07:04:50 AM »
What can you possibly do with your life

Try and ruin as many other things as possible for as many other people as possible so everyone is as miserable as you

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66908 on: March 04, 2019, 07:07:22 AM »
the quickest way to get the ball rolling is to repeatedly go on their social media feeds, point out their relationship with THQ, & ask them to either intervene or sever ties. In addition, people can make their local/national news affiliates as well as child protection groups aware of their partnership with THQ.

is this a campaign of harrassment?

benita

« Reply #66910 on: March 04, 2019, 07:16:28 AM »
I fucking love Terry's comments being framed as a "slip", a "mistake", or, "everyone fucks up sometimes".

Nah, the guy just has a different opinion to you but because you think that any position other than your own on any given topic is the incorrect one, you can't help but position him as a bumbling idiot who said something out of character.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66911 on: March 04, 2019, 07:27:55 AM »
Racism/sexism is not going to be "fixed" until progressives (not just D, but progressive D), hold the reins of culture and bends it towards progressive ends, because bigotry is taught and learned, not innate, and it needs to be cut out at the root before it can metastasize into someone's head like a tumor.

I'm referring to more than just Hollywood, but also education, news media, literature and now social media. We need to teach American slavery in the classroom, and definitively state that it was an evil institution and its destruction was only justice. We need to admonish news outlets like the NYT and CNN from playing both-sides culture wars for the sake of ratings. We need to stop the spread of Republican groupthink by rooting out institutions like Fox News and conservative talk radio. We need to lampoon every conservative book that hits the shelves and pressure retailers into removing them. We need to shut down YouTube and Facebook until their owners figure out how to stop the spread false information and conspiracy theories.

If all of this sounds extreme, it's because it is. If some of it sounds unconstitutional, that's probably because some of it is, especially the news media part, but I'm not a Constitutional scholar.

:what

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #66912 on: March 04, 2019, 07:29:28 AM »
Racism/sexism is not going to be "fixed" until progressives (not just D, but progressive D), hold the reins of culture and bends it towards progressive ends, because bigotry is taught and learned, not innate, and it needs to be cut out at the root before it can metastasize into someone's head like a tumor.

I'm referring to more than just Hollywood, but also education, news media, literature and now social media. We need to teach American slavery in the classroom, and definitively state that it was an evil institution and its destruction was only justice. We need to admonish news outlets like the NYT and CNN from playing both-sides culture wars for the sake of ratings. We need to stop the spread of Republican groupthink by rooting out institutions like Fox News and conservative talk radio. We need to lampoon every conservative book that hits the shelves and pressure retailers into removing them. We need to shut down YouTube and Facebook until their owners figure out how to stop the spread false information and conspiracy theories.

If all of this sounds extreme, it's because it is. If some of it sounds unconstitutional, that's probably because some of it is, especially the news media part, but I'm not a Constitutional scholar.

one way to completely fuck up the world, sure, lets go.

Propagandhim

« Reply #66913 on: March 04, 2019, 07:37:47 AM »

:lol :lol :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66914 on: March 04, 2019, 07:42:36 AM »
tfw when you're so woke you're advocating book burnings, intimidating political dissidents and sanctions on the free press

Tiops

« Reply #66915 on: March 04, 2019, 07:43:12 AM »
Oh no, Terry Crews is not an ally anymore. Who's left?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #66916 on: March 04, 2019, 07:45:10 AM »
Oh no, Terry Crews is not an ally anymore. Who's left?
michael jackson and satoru iwata

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66917 on: March 04, 2019, 07:51:55 AM »
Wow this is nuts. Was listening to them just this morning in the gym.

wow, stay safe

Snoopycat_

« Reply #66918 on: March 04, 2019, 07:52:37 AM »
Steven Seagal likes black people

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66919 on: March 04, 2019, 08:03:19 AM »
How stupid and incompetent can you be to design apparel for women WITHOUT WOMEN INPUT?

This people shouldn't call themselves designers, at best proficient in graphic design

Oh and it's most definitely offensive to think that they couldn't find women to do the design, like you know, the hundreds of designers that graduate each year from my own alma mater's courses in fashion design and product design who will go do design for a living instead of drawing male fantasies.

Yeah, go fuck yourselves Gianni Versace, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Dior, Yves St Laurent, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thats an ugly ass dress, but all ESPORTS! clothing is ugly as fuck, but its a stupid fucking thing to claim that male designers can't design womens clothing given some of the biggest fucking names in fashion are men who make clothes for women that women love
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66920 on: March 04, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns on representation; history of severe infractions.
Give it to the best possible actor. If he happens to be gay then so be it, I don’t care, more power to him. After all it’s acting, I don’t have a problem with a gay actor portraying a straight character or a straight actor portraying a gay character. It really shouldn’t matter. What gender an actor chooses to sleep with in his or her personal life shouldn’t matter for his or her workplace.

A 1 month ban for saying it doesn't really matter what the sexual orientation of the actor playing a role is?

e: like, the only scenario where I can think of where that would really matter is if the role is super homophobic and criticism of the role can be deflected by the actor being super gay in real life
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:33:22 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #66921 on: March 04, 2019, 08:35:17 AM »
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns on representation; history of severe infractions.
Give it to the best possible actor. If he happens to be gay then so be it, I don’t care, more power to him. After all it’s acting, I don’t have a problem with a gay actor portraying a straight character or a straight actor portraying a gay character. It really shouldn’t matter. What gender an actor chooses to sleep with in his or her personal life shouldn’t matter for his or her workplace.

A 1 month ban for saying it doesn't really matter what the sexual orientation of the actor playing a role is?

No no, they got got for the history of severe infractions

Like this one

Quote from: AztecComplex
User Banned (2 Days): Threadwhining. Previously warned for similar behaviour.

Oh look, it's another random piece of devastatingly bad news on Etcetera. That'll sure brighten our day :/

They have been warned for threadwhining and derailment many times!!
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #66922 on: March 04, 2019, 08:51:16 AM »
"the requirements of esports players"

:neogaf

Mountain dew repellant?

Cheetoh delfection?

paprikastaude

« Reply #66923 on: March 04, 2019, 08:51:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-the-whole-thqn-fuckup-i-can-safely-say-most-of-the-gaming-press-is-spineless.103223/

Look at that Diet Gamergating

It's okay, only Kotaku and that pretentious blob Sterling is real journalism. And that dude who goes :exxy during Yakuza but posed with sexist caricatures some years ago. Unless they bash Zelda, then they are trash games aligators too.

also just how butthurt are they that people would rather have an AMA on a pedo site than their own looney bin? :neogaf  They just won't stop with this. Fullblown skinner_no_children_are_wrong.jpg
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:08:05 AM by Spieler1 »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66924 on: March 04, 2019, 09:05:37 AM »
Wow this is nuts. Was listening to them just this morning in the gym.

wow, stay safe

I was just listening to Smack My Bitch Up this morning with all my activist friends, rip.
©@©™

marrec

« Reply #66925 on: March 04, 2019, 09:14:28 AM »

"but I am not a constitutional scholar"

Thank god they aren't in any position to do anything but make idiotic posts on a niche videogame website

paprikastaude

« Reply #66926 on: March 04, 2019, 09:16:35 AM »

"but I am not a constitutional scholar"

Thank god they aren't in any position to do anything but make idiotic posts on a niche videogame website

reee and gamergate have the same good thing about them. they don't matter outside their basements.

« Reply #66927 on: March 04, 2019, 09:17:04 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #66928 on: March 04, 2019, 09:17:39 AM »
Briahna Joy Gray  :ohyeah

Era  :nope

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #66929 on: March 04, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-the-whole-thqn-fuckup-i-can-safely-say-most-of-the-gaming-press-is-spineless.103223/

It's okay, only Kotaku and that pretentious fattie Sterling is real journalism. And that dude who goes :exxy during Yakuza but posed with sexist caricatures some years ago. Unless they bash Zelda, then they are trash games aligators too.

What resetera seems to want is not more reporting on the subject, whether in-depth reporting of the subject, an interview with subjects that made the decision on THQ-Nordic, or who exactly was the point of contact on 8chan's side (which seems to be an underreported part of all this. Why did 8chan target THQ-Nordic, did they send an mass email hoping to get any company and THQ-Nordic was the only one to bite? Was there something they thought THQ-Nordic would be sympathetic to their site or something), or was there other factors that haven't been unearthed yet?

They just want opinion and commentary from all the gaming sites, and apparently every week even after there's nothing else to talk about it. The vast majority agrees with them that this was a bad decision, but that is seemly not enough. It apparently needs to be talked about day in and day out hoping for another decision that feeds back into the loophole of outrage and shock.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #66930 on: March 04, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »
i really wish the left would hard fork into identity left and economic left. make the war thermo nuclear instead of cold.

Averon

« Reply #66931 on: March 04, 2019, 09:32:18 AM »

So I should assume this thread will be filled with bans for "vilifying journalism" or some such nonsense? The mods have put video game journalism on some untouchable pedestal since the inception of ResetERA in a vain attempt to get industry cred and to prove to insiders ERA is a "safe place" to post at. Merely saying you didn't like Kotaku or WayPoint was enough to get you banned. Now that their users feel like video game journalism has shown their asses, they have to do an embarrassing 180 and allow their users to rake the video game journalists (i.e. bloggers) over the coals.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #66932 on: March 04, 2019, 09:40:21 AM »
resetera is a forum where 60% wouldn't mind buying a game from committed child pornography pushers and the other 40% are allied to gamergate. surprised adsense will go near them.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #66933 on: March 04, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »

We're talking about a key members of a big publisher giving a spot to a website hosting child pornography and here we have the press being lenient toward that, when, if they had a fuckin spine, they should've collectively take the decision to stop covering THQN stuff and stop reviewing their games until proper actions were taken. If the biggest websites and editors in chief just decided that, the whole thing would've been resolved in a few days and THQN would've had no choice but to take proper actions, if they wanted their promotion back.

In the end, none of that happened. Crazy.

In any other industry or in any serious press, the journalists would keep coming at them until an actual answer was given.
They'd keep pressing them until something was done.
Imagine if Disney hosted an AMA on a website hosting child pornography ?
Imagine if Apple hosted ab AMA on a website hosting racist content ?
The press would go insane on that.

But not the gaming press, who decided to remain the obedient and lenient promotion tool.

Let's all remember how the movie press boycotted Bohemian Rhapsody or refuses to ever review a Roman Polanski movie  :mike

agrajag

« Reply #66934 on: March 04, 2019, 09:47:14 AM »
i really wish the left would hard fork into identity left and economic left. make the war thermo nuclear instead of cold.

they've never been one and the same. One could argue that the majority of Reset just doesn't lean left at all, they're neo liberal identitarians.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #66935 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »
does it even count as a gaming press specifically? It's more of a collection of unqualified bloggers with a couple exceptions.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-the-whole-thqn-fuckup-i-can-safely-say-most-of-the-gaming-press-is-spineless.103223/post-18506253

i'm sure this exact thing was posted on whatever a gamergate forum is multiple times. horseshoe theory is real :doge

« Reply #66936 on: March 04, 2019, 10:19:00 AM »
Didn't they do an expose on Youtube hosting "child pornography"? When are so called journalists gonna grill big companies for hosting youtube channels on that decrepit website?  :thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66937 on: March 04, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
Let's all remember how the movie press boycotted Bohemian Rhapsody or refuses to ever review a Roman Polanski movie  :mike

Without even starting to go down the rabbit hole of famous musicians.
All those R Kelly albums that never got reviewed...

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66938 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
Wait Spielberg? Are people canceling him cause he don't like Netflix?
well that and it was revealed he was a huge backstage booster for fuckin' Green Book to win Best Picture

:mindblown

holy fuck you people are newworded

How the fuck has Green Book become fucking Birth Of A Nation or some shit now?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #66939 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »
gaming "press"

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #66940 on: March 04, 2019, 10:23:18 AM »
Also, I thought era was against netflix?

Drainage

« Reply #66941 on: March 04, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »
Didn't they do an expose on Youtube hosting "child pornography"? When are so called journalists gonna grill big companies for hosting youtube channels on that decrepit website?  :thinking

Well of course Youtube took proper actions and many people were fired

And every YouTuber and advertiser fired themselves too because they were complicit by creating content for a site that hosted child porn

« Reply #66942 on: March 04, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »
Didn't the BBC help hide Jimmy Saville and the Yew Tree operation perps molesting kids? Obviously Kotaku has ways to go to become a respectable outlet.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #66943 on: March 04, 2019, 10:26:12 AM »

Ironically they got mad at the actions YouTube took, because apparently a video of a 5 year old doing gymnastics really needs to be monetized

« Reply #66944 on: March 04, 2019, 10:28:53 AM »

And every YouTuber and advertiser fired themselves too because they were complicit by creating content for a site that hosted child porn
Not good enough tbh, Disney needs to come out and explain why they are still releasing trailers for children comic book movies on an infamous child pornography hosting website like Youtube. They also need to fire their PR department to show they've learnt their lesson.

marrec

« Reply #66945 on: March 04, 2019, 10:34:28 AM »
well that and it was revealed he was a huge backstage booster for fuckin' Green Book to win Best Picture

Anyone tangentially related to anything deemed "problematic" shall be excommunicated from the holy church of the left, from here known as "cancellation"

paprikastaude

« Reply #66946 on: March 04, 2019, 10:37:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-zidane-from-ffix-a-sleazebag-no-spoilers.103218/

Quote from: WarpSpeedMolasses, post: 18501088, member: 895
Currently playing FF9 on Switch. It's so wonderful and endearing in so many ways. But Zidane's womanizing tendencies are played up as "lovable quirks" through the game so far. (I'm in Lindblum).

I get that this is an old ass game, and so far, it hasn't felt egregious enough for me to dislike the game or cast, but it does take me out of it a little bit.

Quote from: ItsBobbyDarin, post: 18501138, member: 22245
He grabs the ass of Garnet without consent. There is nothing else to say.
Quote from: KtotheRoc, post: 18501238, member: 12616
The Garnet ass grab really caught me off guard. I had completely forgotten about that moment until it popped up in the game. He does get better, but "yikes" covers it pretty well.
Quote from: Calliope, post: 18502243, member: 17576
The ass grab was gross in IX and they've played up his womanizing in spin-off stuff and as a woman it's just off putting. I like him better than Squall but that's not really saying much. Love the rest of IX's cast though.

:exxy :exxy   :gddr5

Propagandhim

« Reply #66947 on: March 04, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »

HBO to put out Leaving ReseteraLand. 

Defector: "They...they said I was a... *sobs uncontrollably* nazi for liking Green Book"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:42:31 AM by Propagandhim »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #66948 on: March 04, 2019, 10:46:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anti-vaxxers-are-cozying-up-to-the-far-right-online.103264/post-18508216

Yeah, thats what happens to people who feel ostracised and disenfranchised, and that they are victims of hate and ridicule for their beliefs.
They seek our other groups who are also the subject of exclusion as allies.

Bu-bu-but deplatforming works amirite?

Drainage

« Reply #66949 on: March 04, 2019, 10:50:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-zidane-from-ffix-a-sleazebag-no-spoilers.103218/

Quote from: WarpSpeedMolasses, post: 18501088, member: 895
Currently playing FF9 on Switch. It's so wonderful and endearing in so many ways. But Zidane's womanizing tendencies are played up as "lovable quirks" through the game so far. (I'm in Lindblum).

I get that this is an old ass game, and so far, it hasn't felt egregious enough for me to dislike the game or cast, but it does take me out of it a little bit.

Quote from: ItsBobbyDarin, post: 18501138, member: 22245
He grabs the ass of Garnet without consent. There is nothing else to say.
Quote from: KtotheRoc, post: 18501238, member: 12616
The Garnet ass grab really caught me off guard. I had completely forgotten about that moment until it popped up in the game. He does get better, but "yikes" covers it pretty well.
Quote from: Calliope, post: 18502243, member: 17576
The ass grab was gross in IX and they've played up his womanizing in spin-off stuff and as a woman it's just off putting. I like him better than Squall but that's not really saying much. Love the rest of IX's cast though.

:exxy :exxy   :gddr5

Pretty sure it’s canon that he was just checking to see if she had a tail under there. It’s the first thing I do too.

Propagandhim

« Reply #66950 on: March 04, 2019, 11:00:33 AM »
I like how they refer to it as something that any normal person would ever remember.

FF9?  That's the game with The Garnet Ass Grab, isn't it?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #66951 on: March 04, 2019, 11:02:40 AM »
They're now analysing the video material

still be accidental as he reaches for the next rung of the ladder, but it's more uncertain than I thought. But if it were intentional, it wouldn't be most appalling offense in the world... It's bad, but it doesn't make him completely despicable or irredeemable in my eyes.
I think it is unneccessary and typical japanese. But it does looks like an honest mistake.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-zidane-from-ffix-a-sleazebag-no-spoilers.103218/post-18506951

It's as if Zidane just got me tooed

Personally I'll wait until I hear what Garnet has to say about this situation and if she felt uncomfortable

Propagandhim

« Reply #66952 on: March 04, 2019, 11:03:42 AM »
They're now analysing the video material

still be accidental as he reaches for the next rung of the ladder, but it's more uncertain than I thought. But if it were intentional, it wouldn't be most appalling offense in the world... It's bad, but it doesn't make him completely despicable or irredeemable in my eyes.
I think it is unneccessary and typical japanese. But it does looks like an honest mistake.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-zidane-from-ffix-a-sleazebag-no-spoilers.103218/post-18506951

It's as if Zidane just got me tooed

Personally I'll wait until I hear what Garnet has to say about this situation and if she felt uncomfortable

It's unbelievable that people like this exist.  It's just unbelievable to me. 

Averon

« Reply #66953 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-parent-company-issues-formal-apology-for-the-8chan-ama.103276/#post-18509988

THQ issued a formal apology. Will this sate their need for blood?

Garbage apology that seriously attempts to downplay what exactly went down by not mentioning that they interacted with the "unethical content"

No apology is worth anything so long as the people responsible for emboldening child pornographers and white supremacists continue to represent THQ Nordic. Hell, they may have even written this apology.

Not good enough and this doesn't change anything at all.

Looks like nothing.

That's the most corporate, hollow ass apology I ever did see.

:lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #66954 on: March 04, 2019, 11:08:20 AM »
- spoilers for a thousand year old game
- hyper ventilating over an anime big head potentially not accidentally touching another anime big head's ass
- peak ree

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #66955 on: March 04, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
resetti and those types will never be sated by any apology. that's why companies should learn by now not to bother with one at all.

also interesting that they are now Extemely Mad at employment law that protect employees from instant firings like this. i guess its another situation where only the Good People should be protected.

marrec

« Reply #66956 on: March 04, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-parent-company-issues-formal-apology-for-the-8chan-ama.103276/#post-18509988

THQ issued a formal apology. Will this sate their need for blood?

Garbage apology that seriously attempts to downplay what exactly went down by not mentioning that they interacted with the "unethical content"

No apology is worth anything so long as the people responsible for emboldening child pornographers and white supremacists continue to represent THQ Nordic. Hell, they may have even written this apology.

Not good enough and this doesn't change anything at all.

Looks like nothing.

That's the most corporate, hollow ass apology I ever did see.

:lol

I'm convinced that none of these people have worked for a company that has an internal auditor and review process for hiring and firing decisions or a PR department.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66957 on: March 04, 2019, 11:16:31 AM »
- hyper ventilating over an anime big head potentially not accidentally touching another anime big head's ass
- peak ree

ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66958 on: March 04, 2019, 11:17:41 AM »
- peak ree

No wonder benjis are leaving The Bore in droves.
©@©™

Averon

« Reply #66959 on: March 04, 2019, 11:20:11 AM »
If these people truly support worker protections and unionization of labor in the games industry, then the days of quick firings of people they consider "bad" will be over.