Author Topic: Whats the endlosung for mexicans in the us?  (Read 10452 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Whats the endlosung for mexicans in the us?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
The US separating kids from their parents, Australia locking up asylum seekers in detention centers, Europe voting for the far right and letting refugees drown by the hundreds in the Mediterranean. It's all symptoms of the same disease.

Opty, crashing through the wall like Kool Aid Man: "The disease of S J W identity politics!"

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
The immigration issue is just a tactic by the right to point at a group of people and say they are the reason that trailer park USA is having such a hard time. It masks the real issues like stagnant wages, income inequality, and a tax system that favors the wealthy. The longer as the plebes stay distracted, the more wealth can flow up.  :doge
That sounds nice, but the truth is Republicans really, really don't like Mexicans.
vin

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Yeah, the official GOP establishment and the donor wing are a lot more chill about immigration than the base.

It was grassroots xenophobia that derailed immigration compromise under Dubya and Obama.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »
republicans in california hate mexicans in a different way than republicans in the south. the hate from southern republicans is mainly reserved for niccas. they only hate mexicans because the party tells them to, but it's pretty weak.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »
ok
püp

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2018, 05:37:23 PM »
Mexicans are basically the blacks of the Western United States.

As a black person from the south, it was weird how often certain white californians felt comfortable expressing their casual racism to me toward mexicans when I lived out there. I imagine it's far worse in places like Texas and Arizona.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »
It's a weird cactivity but it happens. I've had dudes come up to me to trash on black people. asians or mexicans. Because apparently to racist white dudes nothing the best way to befriend someone not white is to shit on someone else.

I suppose a divide and conquer approach has always worked well but generally speaking its a weird thing in my book to go to one minority to try to elicit solidarity on hating another.

For what its worth I do want to make the distinction that the racism on display in california on average is magnitudes below the real deal stuff you get in the south.

Trurl

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »
Roughly half the country are monstrous fucking shitheels, among their number are several posters on this forum (filler, assimilate, etc)

Human beings in general are at best selfish, brutish creatures, at worst monsters. This is the time of monsters.
I always thought that Filler used his like as a Seal of Shit Posting, not as an endorsement per se.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
Ted Cruz is introducing a bill that will send the families to the same prisons rather than separate ones.

We can all go home now, problem's solved.

Steve Contra

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
I honestly can't comprehend the strategy of using children to appease hardliners in safe districts during an election year. It's mindboggling.
vin

agrajag

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 09:07:42 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »
I honestly can't comprehend the strategy of using children to appease hardliners in safe districts during an election year. It's mindboggling.

Trump pretending that the Democrats made him do it is a tell that he knows it's not a popular move.

I'd expect this to get worse if someone gets pictures of migrant girls in cages. 100% it's deliberate they've only let photos of detained boys out so far.

agrajag

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »
allegedly Miller and co. are showing Trump videos of happy children smiling and laughing and he thinks all the caged videos they're showing on the news are fake

:trumps

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 10:20:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1008864424935993344

I remember benji laughing at someone calling Carlson the voice of white supremacy on Fox.

haw haw haw

bonus:

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1008726388743069696

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 11:14:39 PM »
yurope is way more civilized than the US tho, that's like a statistical fact. Also anecdotal in my case.(well canada, yurope litE).  I  fear what would happen in this crazy house if we had spanish or greek levels of youth unemployment.  :-\

I think that's mostly a facade. Some nations/areas for sure, but it's the same in the states. The increasing wealth disparity and slow erosion of Europe's middle class, and their rapid swing to the right fueled by fear of the other is not that dissimilar to the US. When the EU crumbles it's going to be a fuckin' shit show. What the US has achieved as a Republic in Economic and Political unity is an unattainable pipe dream for the EU.
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 11:49:32 PM »
bonus:

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1008726388743069696

Right-wing media hasn't quite settled on a narrative yet, so there's been a mix of:

-They're just child actors
-The tent cities are actually like summer camp!
-Actually, they aren't cages, they're holding cells made out of chain link fences
-Why do libs care more about illegals than American citizens?!?!?!?
-This will deter other illegal immigrants so we need to do it
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 11:57:54 PM »
In truth, the kid stuff on its own doesn't bother me that much. It's a very temporary separation, and based on those pictures, the facilities are actually ok. There's bedding. They have ample toilets. They have space blankets! What actually bothers me about the kids is that this is obviously a tactic by ICE to punish immigrants. There's been an all out assault on immigrant lives that cannot be called anything other than state sponsored terrorism. You think those kids have it bad? Try these African immigrants who were dragged through hell in the increasingly privatized immigration detention facilities. That story actually made me sick. Or, remember the Haitian refugees who have been here for years but didn't have their status renewed by the Trump administration? They got shoved into detention facilities and became detained indefinitely thanks to a court ruling. Yeah, be a law abiding citizen for years and suddenly live in a fucking prison for you-don't-know-how-long because your president is racist. And do I have to mention Joe Arpaio's sick and twisted tent city jail where he physically and psychologically tortured the detainees? This country has already dehumanized its immigrants, and it hasn't been a long time coming, it was a swift and vicious change, along with the rest of the post Obama backlash.

In fact I'm extremely pessimistic about any real effect this news cycle will have. I think the kids will be reunited with their families and then squished into similar but worse facilities. Then I think the news media and the liberal cognoscenti will declare mission accomplished and people will forget about (latin american) immigrants again because there aren't any kids to capitalize on, which ends up being the only way white people ever seem to sympathize with brown people.

So, I mean, I care about the kid stuff, and it is cruel (and unique to this country), but I'm just so routinely eviscerated by the news that I've been reading for the past few years that this is just another tally mark for me, and a small tally mark at that, in the routine crimes against humanity the United States participates in regarding its immigrant population. If you're European and this is the first time you've tuned in, you should know it's a thousand times worse than you think.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:03:01 AM by kris »
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 12:06:54 AM »
void in the world where emapthy should be is going to kill us

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 12:19:37 AM »
 :fbm

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:36 AM »
filler doesn't like this.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 07:27:32 AM »
Shosta, I'd be skeptical of how decent the conditions of those facilities are. The pictures we've seen are the ones the DHS picked out to release.

Besides the general low expectations to have for a government agency with very little oversight whose mission is a punitive one, also remember that separating these kids is new policy. Those facilities have been set up for unaccompanied minors (ie older kids and teens). Abruptly dumping a bunch of small children and toddlers in their lap? This agency, under this administration? Not great, Bob.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »
That Tucker commentary is some Handmaid's Tale shit.  :doge

allegedly Miller and co. are showing Trump videos of happy children smiling and laughing and he thinks all the caged videos they're showing on the news are fake

:trumps
I do you one worse(better?), Trump will visit one of these sites with Melania to show 'everybody is having a good time'.
🤴

shosta

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »
Shosta, I'd be skeptical of how decent the conditions of those facilities are. The pictures we've seen are the ones the DHS picked out to release.

Besides the general low expectations to have for a government agency with very little oversight whose mission is a punitive one, also remember that separating these kids is new policy. Those facilities have been set up for unaccompanied minors (ie older kids and teens). Abruptly dumping a bunch of small children and toddlers in their lap? This agency, under this administration? Not great, Bob.
I reconsidered the need to quickly expand capacity and the fact that they're asking for two week approval, and I changed my mind. It's speculation but not unlikely that some of these might be really, really poor detainment facilities. Also, there was that news about how many kids were getting lost by ICE in foster care that you shared. Just sad all around.
每天生气

warcock

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 06:20:45 PM »
yurope is way more civilized than the US tho, that's like a statistical fact. Also anecdotal in my case.(well canada, yurope litE).  I  fear what would happen in this crazy house if we had spanish or greek levels of youth unemployment.  :-\

I think that's mostly a facade. Some nations/areas for sure, but it's the same in the states. The increasing wealth disparity and slow erosion of Europe's middle class, and their rapid swing to the right fueled by fear of the other is not that dissimilar to the US. When the EU crumbles it's going to be a fuckin' shit show. What the US has achieved as a Republic in Economic and Political unity is an unattainable pipe dream for the EU.

Nah bro, the institutions that have been established in most western eu countries are a pipe dream for us to acheive and it has nothing to do with size or technical feasibility but rather political or popular will. Furthermore without getting into an oecd metrics debate just look at our income inequality comparisons broadly speaking. I mean hell, based Cali is a fucking shitshow compared.

https://goo.gl/images/1hyNBp

All that being said i share your gloomy sentiment with regards to the EU,  it is hard to see a way out at least without some massive restructuring and a two plus speed solution. I mean they literally self sabotaged and manufactured a 10 year recession. Where we diverge i guess is where we place merit. I am also not sure how they grow from here on out, then again I dont understand our current growth and unemployment rates either.

shosta

每天生气

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:48 PM »
I guess "Baby's First Concentration Camp" tested poorly.

http://time.com/5316764/toddler-immigrants-tender-age-shelters/
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »

Facebook feed not disappointing.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
In Europe mexicans are also white

They're also white here for statistical purposes to hide how acute our white minority rule problem is.

Legitimate states doing legitimate state stuff.
My personal favorite is how they're categorized differently in federal crime statistics depending on the circumstances...no idea if that longstanding FBI policy had changed during the Obama Administration or not. IIRC, it was a "bipartisan" type of, let's say, ethnic stereotyping so it may not be one of those statistics that each administration changes back and forth.

benjipwns

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2018, 07:58:34 PM »
I remember benji laughing at someone calling Carlson the voice of white supremacy on Fox.

haw haw haw
I see through you and come straight at you, horsefucker. That was in relative comparison to other Fox Anchors. :bolo

I stand by my assertion that Lou Dobbs is the Ur-Xenophobe/Racist at News Corp and that Tucker is probably not even close to the peak performer on standard Fox News. :hmph

Steve Contra

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2018, 08:03:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

It's crazy that in 2018 we still throw the children of our volunteer military members into cages for the duration of their deployments.
vin

benjipwns

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2018, 08:09:46 PM »

It's crazy that in 2018 we still throw the children of our volunteer military members into cages for the duration of their deployments.
wow, look at the libertarian hot take about public schools over here

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
smh, defending Tucker cause he keeps having your favorite comedian Mark Steyn on his show

benjipwns

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2018, 08:38:03 PM »
mark busting out his latest set while tucker sits there and makes faces for three minutes :lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2018, 10:52:55 AM »

Forcibly? Didn't think so.
©ZH

shosta

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2018, 05:10:05 PM »

"The Department of Health and Human Services on Thursday asked the Pentagon to make preparations to house as many as 20,000 unaccompanied migrant children on American military bases, a United States official said." https://nyti.ms/2lsheXP

Good idea, Ann! Also:
New, makeshift detention facilities are being envisioned to house thousands of immigrant families that are crossing illegally into the United States following President Trump’s executive order on Wednesday, which called for detaining parents and children together instead of separating them.
Keep the families together :')
spoiler (click to show/hide)
in ghettos
[close]
每天生气

Nola

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
I'm sure someone's already written about this, but mass migration is pretty widely expected as a result of climate change, by the people who project that sort of thing. Right now we're not doing shit about climate change and demonstrating how poorly we handle migration crises, so that's going to be fun.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
1. Don't do anything about climate change
2. Seal off the borders
3. Profit!
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2018, 08:25:00 PM »
just increase the height of the walls to match the oceans rise, jeez can't you lieberals figure anything out on your own?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2018, 06:15:18 PM »
‘Deleted’ families: What went wrong with Trump’s family-separation effort

There was no real effort to set up a system to keep track of family connections so the children could be reunited with their parents eventually. Would almost certainly still be going on that way if it weren't for the public backlash.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
The fact that there are kids in the system who were torn from their parents with no information taken to reunite them gives me a particular sense of anxiety
:9

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2018, 07:09:14 PM »
The fact that there are kids in the system who were torn from their parents with no information taken to reunite them gives me a particular sense of anxiety

It's the sort of things that, even a few years ago, people would have said "This can't happen in America" and yet here we are.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2018, 02:14:45 AM »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2018, 03:50:58 AM »
 :dead

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
I know some immigration experts like PhD guys. And they just laugh at America. As one of them put it "America doesn't have an immigration PROBLEM, it has an immigration SOLUTION. They just don't know it."

I have to agree. Too bad there's racism and all that.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2018, 12:52:20 PM »
I know some immigration experts like PhD guys. And they just laugh at America. As one of them put it "America doesn't have an immigration PROBLEM, it has an immigration SOLUTION. They just don't know it."

Yes they are building the wall  :usacry

:american :american :american

Not only will it solve immigration:
- it will also solve the problem  of bags of drugs being catapulted to the other side
- it will create at least thousands of jobs
- it will create new businesses and entrepreneurship like wall sightseeing
- it will be bigger and better than the wall they have in China
- it can be seen from space so SPACE FORCE pilots can pinpoint the exact location of the greatest country on earth at all times
- It will solve the problem of socialism because even if people elect socialism there's no money left to fund it
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »

We have an intractable political deadlock because some people get viscerally angry whenever they're given the option of pressing dos for español.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »

What do they mean by that exactly? As in the US immigration system is generally pretty good?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
They view the US's ability to assimilate immigrants into its society as a solution to a bunch of problems. Something like 80% of the first generation immigrants in the US identify as "American" and nearly 100% of second generation immigrants do. That's vastly higher than any other country in the world. Their view of it is as wealthy societies age and start having less children that immigrants are needed to keep the society afloat (capitalism requires perpetual growth) and immigration is a good solution to that IF you can ensure that your new immigrants are successfully integrated into the cultural melting pot. That's why Europe has such a problem, because their assimilation is poor at best and don't even start on Japan (who is basically fucked, btw). With people living longer and having less kids you need immigrants, US has a great solution there if they could bring themselves to acknowledge it. But they won't.
que

benjipwns

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2018, 12:00:18 AM »
There's a lot of hilarious loops about our historical success at that kind of integration that restrictionists try to jump through. Like you only have to go back a hundred years or so to flabbergast even the elite in America about what we will consider fully "white" these days.

You can even look at stuff like how our Supreme Court of all things recently had five Catholics and three Jews on it, and two of the Justices are second-generation immigrants. And Thomas' family on both sides is descended from actual slaves. (Like Thurgood Marshall also was. No Obama fake news Hawai'i crap here!) Yet most of those things aren't seen as the problems with the justices despite their power except in certain fringe areas like YouTube. Almost sixty years ago we had people literally asking JFK on the campaign trail if he was going to be for America or a tool of the Pope. (His father remembered when the Irish were still the "foreign newcomer hordes taking over Boston" and once reminded one of the Lodge's who were complaining about it that the difference between their families was "only a couple of boats" which is a pretty clever comeback I think.)

And the fear about Hispanics is that in 70 years they'll be enough of the population to somehow change our already immigrant mishmash socio-political culture. But if you look at their complaint, that's with current rates of illegals which is the only part they object to as they always point out. If we opened up legal immigration, those illegal hispanics will probably be swamped with "good ones" from the rest of the world to stop them from single mindly taking over the culture.

Well, maybe not, since a good chunk will be Muslims or "too Muslim-adjacent for comfort" like Indians/Africans. It'll be sharia law AND corrupt drug-and-rice-fueled socialism.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2018, 01:55:29 AM »
Apparently Mexicans are voting for Trump and then being deported

Typical stupid gop voter serves them right

Temo didn’t figure his vote for Donald Trump would affect them personally. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/03/us-marine-wife-alejandra-juarez-deported-mexico

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2018, 02:45:22 AM »
Apparently Mexicans are voting for Trump and then being deported

Typical stupid gop voter serves them right

Temo didn’t figure his vote for Donald Trump would affect them personally. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/03/us-marine-wife-alejandra-juarez-deported-mexico

Now she can help pay for the wall!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2018, 05:13:42 AM »
No me sento ta bien senor Trump

shosta

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2019, 01:12:27 AM »
reading the propublica piece on an MS-13 informant in highschool who was then scheduled for deportation

In fact, it appears that Henry’s case was mishandled at almost every step along the way. Everyone involved places the blame on someone else. The school says it was required by law to tell the police that Henry was in danger. The police, who told ICE about Henry, blame the feds for trying to deport him. The FBI says that Rivera wasn’t officially a member of the task force, even though he was working out of the bureau’s office. And ICE says that it didn’t know that Henry was an informant. It acknowledges, however, that creating detention memos for kids like Henry puts their lives at risk, and it has decided to end the practice. “That memo was not intended for public consumption,” says Rachael Yong Yow, an ICE spokesperson. “You do these memos, and then something like this happens.”

just a glimpse of our sprawling kafkaesque bureaucracy where everyone is "just doing their jobs"
每天生气

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »
"He's hurting the wrong people."  :ltg
©ZH