Author Topic: What did you finish in 2019?  (Read 136 times)

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
What did you finish in 2019?
« on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:05 AM »
New Year, new thread.

1) Mass Effect 4 (10.01.2019)

This game is all of the below:

- criminally underrated - more 8/10 than 4/10
- an incredible waste of an opportunity
- hilariously incompetent
- highly engaging

Still it's biggest problem was that it went outside the Milky Way and into a new galaxy. Nobody asked for that. Not a single Mass Effect fan. Casey Hudson fucked up royally here - they should man up, pick one canon ending (Destroy) and create a new story in the well known and well beloved universe.

ME4 was at its best when I was:

- travelling with a Krogan
- travelling with Asari/ Human
- doing Krogan quests on Krogan planet
- learning about what happened in Milky Way 600 years ago (yes, they drop "THE REAPERS" line 80 hours into the game :lol)

Not a single person on earth gives a shit about "Ryder".

This video is 100% correct. Hope someone in EA is taking notes.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: What did you finish in 2019?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:51:42 PM »
:bow beatin' vidyas :bow2
@

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 01:29:46 AM »
Decided to play through Resident Evil 4 to get hype for the RE2 remake. Game still owns, I still suck at the jet ski sequence at the end.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:00:41 AM »

Beat ex-Irem's City Shrouded in Shadow / Kyoei Toshi import. Was like 2/3rds through in my backlog so finished it up pretty quick.

It's a terrible videogame that's worth playing. Like as a videogame it's like a 3/10 jank, but I'd probably give it 7/10 because it's literally the best so bad it's good game I've ever played. This is like Ed Wood's Planet 9 from Outer Space of videogames. Although I think in this case it was intentional and the developers just know they are terrible at making videogames so they decided to make it hilarious af and it works.

Also you can tell they ran out of money because the first stage is like 30-45 mins long and the back half stages are like 5-15 mins long. All the money went into choose your own adventure dialogue choices. There's like 4-8 choices for every situation and every choice gets a fully voiced and animated cutscene reaction to it. So you can play it as a serious straight forward game, or you can be a complete troll the entire time. My character was a total asshole who only cared about saving himself and would barter with people to save them. Like one of the lines was when your girlfriend is stuck and she wants you to pull her out and if you pick well what will you give me as a reward for it, there'll be a choice for like $50 and then another for $150 and then one that says "$500,000 (although I'm pretty sure she doesn't have $500,000)"

And even the random NPCs are hilarious as fuck. I talked to some guy on the street and he goes "There's aliens everywhere, I gotta get out of here. Hey, wanna buy my French Restaurant down the street. I'll sell it for $50,000" and you get dialogue choices 1) Buy restaurant for $50,000, 2) Haggle, 3) Don't buy restaurant. And I picked haggle and he went down to $10,000 and it gave me an option to buy his great french restaurant for $10,000 but the most money you get in the game is like a few hundred bucks so you can't even buy it and the whole dialogue is just for the fuck of it.

Also every save point is a random object and when you go to save it tells you what that object is. For instance:

"A Fire Hydrant. Save?"
"A Japanese Maple Tree. Save?"
"A Well Maintained AC unit. Save?"

The game is short running away from stuff and there is check pointing every 2 mins because there's tons of instakill moves outta nowhere so you're always dying but it's not that painful thanks to the checkpoints. I mean it does make sense that if Godzilla or Ultraman or whatever steps on you it'd be an Instakill. There are some NPC quests but after doing a couple I generally just avoided them because even if they're funny the gameplay sucks too much so I just stuck to the main scenario.

They should bring this to the US and sell it for like $15-20. It'd be the kind of game that would get 2/10 reviews and 7/10 reviews and user reviews would probably be positive if the price was cheap enough. Imo it's worth a play through if you like stupid stuff (aka most Suda51).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:05:03 AM by Bebpo »

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 11:14:35 AM »
I beat Spider-Man (PS4) yesterday. Nothing revolutionary but I always loved the Arkham games so it definitely filled that niche. Swinging around the city was a blast and I did way more side stories than I figured I would.

(Image removed from quote.)

Beat ex-Irem's City Shrouded in Shadow / Kyoei Toshi import. Was like 2/3rds through in my backlog so finished it up pretty quick.

It's a terrible videogame that's worth playing. Like as a videogame it's like a 3/10 jank, but I'd probably give it 7/10 because it's literally the best so bad it's good game I've ever played. This is like Ed Wood's Planet 9 from Outer Space of videogames. Although I think in this case it was intentional and the developers just know they are terrible at making videogames so they decided to make it hilarious af and it works.

Also you can tell they ran out of money because the first stage is like 30-45 mins long and the back half stages are like 5-15 mins long. All the money went into choose your own adventure dialogue choices. There's like 4-8 choices for every situation and every choice gets a fully voiced and animated cutscene reaction to it. So you can play it as a serious straight forward game, or you can be a complete troll the entire time. My character was a total asshole who only cared about saving himself and would barter with people to save them. Like one of the lines was when your girlfriend is stuck and she wants you to pull her out and if you pick well what will you give me as a reward for it, there'll be a choice for like $50 and then another for $150 and then one that says "$500,000 (although I'm pretty sure she doesn't have $500,000)"

And even the random NPCs are hilarious as fuck. I talked to some guy on the street and he goes "There's aliens everywhere, I gotta get out of here. Hey, wanna buy my French Restaurant down the street. I'll sell it for $50,000" and you get dialogue choices 1) Buy restaurant for $50,000, 2) Haggle, 3) Don't buy restaurant. And I picked haggle and he went down to $10,000 and it gave me an option to buy his great french restaurant for $10,000 but the most money you get in the game is like a few hundred bucks so you can't even buy it and the whole dialogue is just for the fuck of it.

Also every save point is a random object and when you go to save it tells you what that object is. For instance:

"A Fire Hydrant. Save?"
"A Japanese Maple Tree. Save?"
"A Well Maintained AC unit. Save?"

The game is short running away from stuff and there is check pointing every 2 mins because there's tons of instakill moves outta nowhere so you're always dying but it's not that painful thanks to the checkpoints. I mean it does make sense that if Godzilla or Ultraman or whatever steps on you it'd be an Instakill. There are some NPC quests but after doing a couple I generally just avoided them because even if they're funny the gameplay sucks too much so I just stuck to the main scenario.

They should bring this to the US and sell it for like $15-20. It'd be the kind of game that would get 2/10 reviews and 7/10 reviews and user reviews would probably be positive if the price was cheap enough. Imo it's worth a play through if you like stupid stuff (aka most Suda51).

I picked this up in Japan and have played a little bit of the first mission with Ultraman. It is jaaaaanky but still fun, and my daughter loves watching and making up a storyline for it.
野球