Author Topic: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Starring RAMBO  (Read 39546 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Starring ROBOCOP
« Reply #360 on: May 06, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »
Cool to see that some of the content, like stages and friendships, are free.  But $40 for this is too high.  Maybe $25-$30.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »
commenting on pricing is natural shitposting, but actively arguing about price is dumb and doesn't really accomplish anything. pay the day 1 tax or don't, no one cares.

assuming further content (Robocop, Ash?) included the all-in collection is a ton of content for $60. $40 just for the 2nd pack upgrade seems on the high side, will see how I am feeling closer to the 26.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2020, 11:42:45 AM »
oh right, i forgot about the xbone/ps4 crossplay. maybe i am better off with xbone :thinking

I will say I loved the game, but I just think the pricing is absolutely out of this world. 3 characters + some story DLC for 40 bucks if you already own the premium edition. Surely you can see how that would be a ripoff considering I only paid 20 bucks for the premium edition.
i'll admit i don't really care what you paid. $40 is the normal price for an expansion to an FG so it's fine by me, especially for the best FG this generation.

Hahaha my man where the fuck do you get that 40$ is a normal price for an expansion of three story chapters and three characters.

This is absolutely hilarious.

You are a shareholders fucking wet dream.

I honestly think they are in a league of their own at $40. But it's hardly a giant leap over a lot of other content. Just off the top of my head I know that FighterZ Pass 1 and Soulcalibur 6 Season 2 were $35.

Yeah Scamco isn't actually something to aspire to though. Their pricing is also highly gouging the customer. But hey who am I kidding, people are gonna pay for it regardless. mah vidya gamez i needs it!

In a few years im happy to see 50$ season passes for games :). And people will continue to buy them so publishers will ramp up costs incrementally.

Ash isnt coming btw, there is some rights/licensing issues preventing him from coming supposedly.
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2020, 11:43:06 AM »
Sheeva looks amazing, sindel looks amazing, fujin looks amazing, more cary tagawa shang tsung. MK forever.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
mmarsu being a weird bitch forever
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
Sheeva looks amazing, sindel looks amazing, fujin looks amazing, more cary tagawa shang tsung. MK forever.

[close]

Breh I love this MK, I think the pricing is wack. Call me weird because I don't enjoy bending over backwards and get assfucked by companies like WB and Scamco  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Enjoy your 50/60$ season pass in a few years  :-X

Threads on this DLC in otherforums are also heavily saying the price is a ripoff, but sure im the fucking weird one here right?  ::)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:16:14 PM by MMaRsu »
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2020, 12:23:53 PM »
for insisting that you are correct on a subjective matter, yes

aka
pay the day 1 tax or don't, no one cares.

« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »

[close]

Breh I love this MK, I think the pricing is wack. Call me weird because I don't enjoy bending over backwards and get assfucked by companies like WB and Scamco  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Threads on this DLC in otherforums are also heavily saying the price is a ripoff, but sure im the fucking weird one here right?  ::)

I don't think it's weird to think the price is too high. I do think it's weird sometimes when people act like this is some outrageous consumer rights issue. It's a very easy problem to circumvent.

"The price of this luxury good is higher than I'm willing to pay!"

"OK... then wait for it to go on sale or just don't buy it at all?"

Like... you're not a fucking folk hero that your great grandkids will look up to because you had the courage to say enough is enough and not pay a price you thought was too high for video game DLC. "You have me to thank for $20 fighter pass DLC. Back when I was your age, some other sheeple were far too eager to line up and overpay for RoboCop DLC. But not me! Not your great grandpappy. I called BS! And when other people followed suit the tyrants at the video game publisher had no choice but to relent and lower the standard MSRP to the price it would probably hit via sales in a month or two."

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »
It could be said that if enough of a stink is made about the pricing on social media, it could see the price be reduced.  Maybe.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
Yeah that's not happening
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #369 on: May 06, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »
yeah they are gonna catch the day ones like me, but that shit will be 20-50% off after a couple weeks

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »
I would tax the shit out of day 1 buyers, you are just leaving money on the table if you don't. I think I would also discount incrementally pretty quickly to maximize players, but who knows.

as a consumer I get more annoyed about having to buy all this chainlink on different platforms. I would be completely fine having an account system that spanned consoles and would go hard on DLC/etc. I am pretty far in that niche though.  :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2020, 01:14:08 PM »

[close]

I don't think it's weird to think the price is too high. I do think it's weird sometimes when people act like this is some outrageous consumer rights issue. It's a very easy problem to circumvent.

"The price of this luxury good is higher than I'm willing to pay!"

"OK... then wait for it to go on sale or just don't buy it at all?"

Like... you're not a fucking folk hero that your great grandkids will look up to because you had the courage to say enough is enough and not pay a price you thought was too high for video game DLC. "You have me to thank for $20 fighter pass DLC. Back when I was your age, some other sheeple were far too eager to line up and overpay for RoboCop DLC. But not me! Not your great grandpappy. I called BS! And when other people followed suit the tyrants at the video game publisher had no choice but to relent and lower the standard MSRP to the price it would probably hit via sales in a month or two."

I completely agree with you but Im not saying im trying to be a hero and be the one to say enough is enough, but I wish we as a fucking gaming community could come together and say hey you know what, 7,50 per character is expensive enough, cut the shit WB (or Scamco).

Publishers incrementally increasing their DLC prices has been going on for years, and gamers are quick to swallow.

It's also harder for people who have an OCD because if a game isnt complete they will probably buy whatever it takes to make it complete even if it is just skins and even if they are prices at like 20 bucks you will still have folks who will buy it just because they want a complete game, nevermind the people who actually use the content.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
Also, I can't see this being the only DLC content for the game.  So the question is, are they going to charge $40 again for the other half of this pack? 

Yeah that's not happening

Probably not!
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »
Personally I dont think there is an other half. I think they will release this and call it a day for MK11 and work on Injustice 3 instead (which has been rumored for awhile even in the same post as the current leaked characters confirmed for this DLC)
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2020, 01:49:53 PM »
a horror/action movie game would be 100x cooler than injustice 3, wonder if they'll ever do that? they have some good characters and movesets already made.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2020, 01:52:22 PM »
at least this time they didnt have to spend a year fixing/reworking the netcode

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
rollback netcode, crossplay, and a character/story expansion...evo tried to cancel mk but instead ed boon cancelled evo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #377 on: May 06, 2020, 03:15:39 PM »
Personally I dont think there is an other half. I think they will release this and call it a day for MK11 and work on Injustice 3 instead (which has been rumored for awhile even in the same post as the current leaked characters confirmed for this DLC)

Their track record has been six to nine characters per pass, so it's a safe bet to expect at least another three.  Especially if the rumors about Injustice 3 not releasing until 2022 are true- they could wait a year to release the next batch and maybe do more story stuff.

Could see there being one more DC character to lead right into Injustice.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #378 on: May 06, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »
rollback netcode, crossplay, and a character/story expansion...evo tried to cancel mk but instead ed boon cancelled evo

(Image removed from quote.)

Chad ed boon doesn't even try to win on purpose. Like yeah that character the community loves? she's dead forever shutup lol actually im gonna tease you about it. Goofy and weird guest characters? Fuck it

Then they reskin the whole thing with an even crazier story and some new bullshit mechanic and call it Injustice

Both sell millions of copies your favorite fighting game could never and will never
:rejoice
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »

Chad ed boon doesn't even try to win on purpose. Like yeah that character the community loves? she's dead forever shutup lol actually im gonna tease you about it. Goofy and weird guest characters? Fuck it

Then they reskin the whole thing with an even crazier story and some new bullshit mechanic and call it Injustice

Both sell millions of copies your favorite fighting game could never and will never
[close]

the virgin yoshi ono: "um do you guys want an eviler ryu? or cody back? we'll do whatever it takes for you to buy!", made into a giant dad by sony and can't release on xbox

the chad boon: "mileena is dead forever suck my dick and have robocop and terminator instead bitches.", doesn't give a shit about console wars and adds crossplay

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »

[close]

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
a horror/action movie game would be 100x cooler than injustice 3, wonder if they'll ever do that? they have some good characters and movesets already made.

Licensing nightmare
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #382 on: May 06, 2020, 04:03:44 PM »
just imagine the baller game you could make just from the guest characters that have already been in: freddy, jason, terminator, alien, predator, robocop, spawn, joker, and leatherface. add in injustice and you'd get hellboy and the ninja turtles too. :whew

warner bros owns a lot more shit too...like the matrix. could have neo or agent smith in the game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2020, 04:04:22 PM »

Their track record has been six to nine characters per pass, so it's a safe bet to expect at least another three.  Especially if the rumors about Injustice 3 not releasing until 2022 are true- they could wait a year to release the next batch and maybe do more story stuff.

Could see there being one more DC character to lead right into Injustice.

If they are releasing more, it will cost even more. So prepare to pay an additonal 40$ for Kombat Pass 3 + Story DLC

So thats what, 140/160$ for buying the complete game?  :lol WB roping motherfuckers into this shit piece by piece
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: May 06, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
just imagine the baller game you could make just from the guest characters that have already been in: freddy, jason, terminator, alien, predator, robocop, spawn, joker, and leatherface. add in injustice and you'd get hellboy and the ninja turtles too. :whew

Honestly personally I have no interest in a mish mash of characters that have absolutely nothing to do with eachother.  I already think the guest characters with exception of Freddy,The Turtles and Alien and Predator are pretty damn lame.
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #385 on: May 06, 2020, 04:08:21 PM »
i'm surprised it took that long for a game to nab the ninja turtles, they were pretty damn cool

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #386 on: May 06, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »
DLC pre-order listings are up on Switch.  Has the whole thing for $40 as announced, but also seems to indicate that they will sell its contents separately.  Lists "AM DLC" 1-3 for $5.99 each, three skins (no price), and story DLC (also no price).  I'll take those characters for that price and skip that story DLC if they are indeed going to let you pick and choose.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #387 on: May 06, 2020, 07:37:49 PM »
i think the three skins might be the preorder ones?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #388 on: May 06, 2020, 11:30:56 PM »
i think the three skins might be the preorder ones?

Yeah.  So could be that the three characters will be sold separately, but if you want the story mode, you have to fork over $40.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2020, 09:24:23 PM »

hot for sheeva god damn these fatalities

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor

Coffee Dog

« Reply #392 on: May 23, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »
I've been playing this a bunch the past few days. Shang Tsung's chromatic ninja variation is fun as fuck. :) i dont care if stealing souls gives me more damage, Reptile's slide is too satisfying!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2020, 09:07:22 AM »
Aftermath content is up today.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Starring ROBOCOP
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »
Dataminers have found what appears to be Rain, Mileena, and Rambo(?) as the next batch of DLC characters.  Possibly more story content coming, too.
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2020, 09:34:51 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #396 on: September 30, 2020, 04:11:23 AM »
As long as Dennis Rodman isnt in it...
What

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #397 on: September 30, 2020, 04:19:52 AM »
As long as Dennis Rodman isnt in it...

:juchesad
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: September 30, 2020, 07:15:04 AM »
What about Blade though?

Motherfuckers always trying to iceskate uphill
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #399 on: September 30, 2020, 09:26:09 AM »
Time cop would legit fit  :lol

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #400 on: October 01, 2020, 04:46:32 AM »
This has to be the music for his stage

David Cage wrote this music
FBI
GET ON IT
[close]
[close]
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Starring RAMBO
« Reply #401 on: October 08, 2020, 02:04:20 PM »
Rambo, Rain, and Mileena confirmed for Kombat Pack 2.  They're also selling ANOTHER bundle with everything (lol), called MK11 Ultimate.  The game will be coming out on PS5 and Xbox Series, too.

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: October 08, 2020, 02:11:34 PM »
Blah

Will buy aftermath if 5€
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #404 on: October 22, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #405 on: October 22, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »
bring back nach!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2020, 01:05:08 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2020, 09:13:23 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2020, 02:37:26 PM »
Out now- also is the first next-gen fighting game.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #409 on: November 24, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »
ど助平