Author Topic: Apex Legends: F2P three-person-team Battle Royale from Respawn  (Read 31963 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Apex Legends: F2P three-person-team Battle Royale from Respawn
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »
Meh dead boring game is dead

Also fuck Respawn. Shitty ass customer service and shitty ass communication with fanbase

I remember why I stopped talking to you now.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2019, 10:03:31 AM »
You never stopped talking to me love  :-[

But yeah pretty over this game, after getting to lvl 100 for some reason I felt the game got more buggy instead of less, and a lot less fun to play on Xbox. Sure that has to do with the playerbase but I never got a great squad together.
What

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2019, 02:11:32 PM »
___

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2019, 02:32:07 PM »
Where can I play that cell shaded version?

( also patch in Phenom II support you lazy fuckers )
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2019, 04:02:39 PM »

Coax

« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2019, 12:54:17 AM »
Respawn do a good job on capturing and putting together these trailers. Many gameplay trailers I see for similar games end up looking a bit unpolished either from jerky flying freecam or frantic-looking character animations from third-person views but theirs are pretty solid on those fronts.

I also like the cute touch of Wattson's faux surprise expression for the shock effect.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2019, 04:04:43 AM »

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2019, 01:02:32 PM »
her legendary skins though  :goty2

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2019, 12:44:53 AM »
New season good. Good game. Best match I've had in awhile and it was pubbies too:

VIDEO: Pubbies Lend Me Your Strength!

Disruptor rounds were op for a couple days but they've been toned down already. Who woulda thunk being able to 2-4 shot shields would be too powerful. It was fun while it lasted though: https://streamable.com/hwsw4

:doge

Wattson is cool. Shield recharge near her ult is cool along with it destroying ordinance. People are kinda complaining that her fences are easy to destroy but I think it's fine. You're not really supposed to be fencing off wide open spaces? Like they're very clearly meant to used at defensible positions (places with corners & nooks) and slow down chasers. They're fine. Much like caustic's traps they're at least partly meant for information gathering (causing ppl to stop/hesitate or shoot...giving themselves away etc). Might still be early but I think they're fine.

Ranked is cool, it's pretty much a joke competition wise until you start playing dudes in gold/high silver. That's when everyone turns into a fucking aggressive accurate head peeking laser. Supposedly all the cheaters are in high gold/plat and all the super lord streamers are sharing a google doc with their names and tracking them. Not there myself (lol) I'm just hitting silver but my buddy is Gold 3 and when I play with him it's sweaty. Do like the chance of pace in ranked though. Silver and up it costs you 1RP which goes up with each tier to even play so to not fall you want to be getting at least a kill and hitting top 10 so everyone is more cautious.

L-star is cool
Still listening to podcasts, still fragging you already know
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRP

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2019, 11:27:58 PM »
Yeehaw Sunday Check In for The 2 ppl Who Check This Thread

https://twitter.com/hethesrodawa/status/1149220587144790016
uWu french weirdo waifu

So Ranked! Didn't put that much time in this week tbh but I'm in Silver II so you know progress. The Ranked meta has settled for the most part now and surprise! It's camping buildings with oppressive trap legends for those sweet sweet placement points. You basically play the opportunistic vulture early game, fighting only when you have to or it's guaranteed easy kill/ambush. Then it's hide hide hide and lay traps to cover your ass! Trap aspect aside this should be very familiar to PUBG players! A lot of nerve wracking "did they see us?" as you peak over, under and out things figuring the best route to the next circle. It's a nice change of pace like I said in my other post because unranked is still hyper aggression all the time kill kill pussycat kill free for all. Perhaps even moreso now since most of the sweaty tryhards are in ranked. Also the flatline is good now idk.

Potatoing With The Homies
Perhaps the Goofiest Apex Win I've Had outside of Surprise Enemy died to Zone shit. Real Month Python Shit
AFK in this house is a sin
I tried So Hard, And Got So far (RIP Chester Bennington)
We Mag Dump On This Side

Oh yeah RIP OP alternator disruptor rounds. Still good, but no long godly  :'(

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2019, 10:45:57 PM »
You Know What The Fuck It Is (Coming Live from Geo Synchronous Orbit v. 1.2):

Hit Gold but kinda languishing. The 2 cost isn't much but I can't field a decent team and pubbies are thirsty again so I'll get a kill or two and break even but just miss top 10. We'll see if next week is better, could just be my plateau oh well.

Had a sick ranked game early in the week tho:

chapo killa
how does french waifu work
caustic big horny
don't run this is the police
butt stuff
wingmanfu vs kung fu

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1151947447792390144
https://twitter.com/WetaWorkshop/status/1151913209160335360
https://twitter.com/5unri5e666/status/1151728563927650304

k-kawaii~

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2019, 12:11:08 PM »
Edited Transcript of EA earnings conference call or presentation 30-Jul-19 9:00pm GMT
Question: Can I visit just a little bit at Respawn, just the resource question? It's something we get from investors a fair amount. And so obviously that studio is being taxed with some really important stuff. So I guess would love to hear your thoughts on how resourced the Apex Legends effort is, either in terms of bodies or dollars or whatever you can say? And where did that come from? And did any of that get pulled from the Star Wars effort? And just to reassure us that you've got enough on all of that. And why don't I leave at that? It's a pretty broad question.

Andrew Wilson: Okay. Good question. I would offer a few pieces of feedback that I think will make you feel better about life. The first is that there are multiple teams at Respawn, very different teams as well. Again, Apex Legends is a fast-paced multiplayer first-person shooter and has a bespoke team specific to that type of game. This is the team that had worked on Call of Duty many years ago, had launched Titanfall, and now Apex Legends. So this is very much their particular skill set. The Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order team is a completely different type of team led by Stig, who had been a game director on God of War, and it's all about the single player journey fantasy of being a Jedi. And so they have 2 discrete teams. And there's actually a third team at Respawn as well working on some new things.

In addition to that, this is where scale matters in this industry. In Electronic Arts, we have a very large central group that can provide art, engineering and design help if needed across the company, and we have a number of live services teams also across the company that are well-suited for the creation of new content. And so the combination of individual teams inside Respawn that are individually staffed with their specific games in mind and the global scale of EA and the central resources that we have to help across art and engineering, we feel very, very good about our ability to sustain the needs of our global player base.

Blake J. Jorgensen: We've also pulled teams from outside of Respawn to provide them resources on development if they wish to do so -- as Respawn wishes to do so. We have a large DICE team in LA, for example. We have a large live services team in Vancouver. And what we've tried to do is perfect our organization to be able to work long distance as well as in the middle of a studio. And so we've given them the opportunity to pull on any resources they want. And they're very, very conscious about how to make sure they've built the best game and they use the resources very effectively to do that, but they -- there's no shortage of resources relative to what they need.

Mozambiqueed
Devoted
Devoted II: Goofy Returns
Yang Gang Tier 1 Operator

https://twitter.com/natschbatsch/status/1149811948885815298
https://twitter.com/IFrAgMenTIx/status/1155101946166108162
https://twitter.com/_CvC_b/status/1150408580744376321

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2019, 09:29:12 PM »

(TSM won)

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/cl83sc/respawn_checkin_822019/
Next week we’ll be starting to talk about what’s coming next for Apex. We’re not done with Season 2 yet and have some rad stuff planned. That’s all I can say for now other than keep an eye on our channels on 8/6.

Have a great weekend!

Best of Tha Hunt
Not a Long Ting
Sometimes PK be hitting
https://gfycat.com/regularthreadbareleopardseal

https://twitter.com/_JELart/status/1155284309260955649

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:32:55 AM by toku »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2019, 03:43:18 PM »
That new bloodhound skin is amazing, need to start playing again

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
new patch today with solos mode
tried it, not a fan. but some good bugfixes

the new skins are basically held ransom behind lootboxes for 7$ each, p scummy

lotta new legend leaks as well including Blisk ! though:

skip to like 12 mins in
萌え~

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2019, 06:43:37 PM »
The new lootbox shit sucks especially with how fucking hard the lifeline skin is. 301 got a slight nerf as well

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:48:26 PM by toku »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2019, 01:59:36 PM »
7 dollars for a lootbox  :lol

dont buy into that shit
What

Coax

« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »
Cosmetics, who cares?

When it's an unlockable in a game by default: 'Nice, just unlocked that outfit I liked :rock'

When it's in a game tied behind lootboxes/mtx: 'It's just cosmetics guys, who gives a shit'

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2019, 01:41:11 AM »
 :dayum
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2019, 01:25:23 PM »
LOOT BOX CONTROVERSY!
https://gfycat.com/obedientnextbronco

Made it to platinum in ranked and while I'll keep chugging while caring less about placement this might be my plateau. Once you hit ranked everyone becomes super accurate and the whole process becomes way more grindy. -3 entrance fee means you gotta be placing top 5 consistently to really be making any meaningful headway points wise. That's okay, I just don't plan on playing that much lol. Lifeline skin is still sick and I hope I get it from the free box because I don't buy skins but if not oh well. Bless up. *puts on buju banton*

Baby, I'm Trying Real Hard
Squad, Apply Pressure Now
Respect 2pac, Respect Hammerpoint Rounds
Putting Numbers On Da Board
Flockaveli is a Masterpiece
Big Dick niccas Only Win Goofy
Goofy No Style Holding Doors

https://twitter.com/zimtdrache/status/1162093857753972736

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2019, 12:51:34 PM »
What

Dickie Dee

« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2019, 07:43:31 PM »
no lies detected from Respawn :kermit
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2019, 07:50:53 PM »
the subreddit is mostly a dumpster fire rn, I unsubbed. Still enjoying the game though.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2019, 03:46:57 AM »

I really feel like "fans" and youtubers in particular are the worst part about participating in game development. Pay for it or don't. Play the game for free. Shut the fuck up.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
yes because 7 dollars isnt egregious and complaints cannot be made

either just shut up and dont buy it or buy it and love it?  :lol
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2019, 02:34:46 AM »
yes because 7 dollars isnt egregious and complaints cannot be made

either just shut up and dont buy it or buy it and love it?  :lol

You can spend US$7 at McDonald's, or a sandwich and coffee at Starbucks. You can buy 1/3 of a grass-fed steak at Whole Foods' butcher.

Or you can buy a lootbox and complain about it to your two-dozen YouTube followers for 15 minutes.

So, yeah. Buy it or don't. Love it or don't. But devs and publishers don't owe consumers an apologetic handjob for misjudging this generation's arbitrary value placed on horse armor.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2019, 03:34:33 PM »
Nah, you're totally right. I love never unlocking a character in a Tekken game anymore. Just buy those DLC characters if you want any extra's chump!

Fuck off with this apologetic bullshit. Microtransactions, loot boxes have actively made games worse.

It disgusts me to see people defend this kind of ridiculous antics.

Pretty sure it's no surprise all of their skins are mostly garbage, but these ones, nahh these are premium so PAY UP CHUMPS if u wanna look cool

I'm not buying it, so what is your beef? That people aren't happy with it? If McDonalds starts putting 4/5 extra dollars per burger, I bet you see people complaining too.

JUST EAT THE SLOP YOU FAT FUCKS is what you would say
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2019, 06:11:27 PM »
It's a live-service F2P game. Shit works really well, no sense getting angry about it. :doge

Have a look at Path of Exile's store for the fair, but fuck-expensive approach (10 points = 1$):
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/armour-effects

Most of their money comes from supporter packs, I believe, there's a new one every season (3-month intervals):
https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

Why is it so expensive? Because it's optional.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
Just ignore MMaRsu, he'll find something else/thread to complain about.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2019, 06:40:54 AM »
Nah, you're totally right. I love never unlocking a character in a Tekken game anymore. Just buy those DLC characters if you want any extra's chump!

Fuck off with this apologetic bullshit. Microtransactions, loot boxes have actively made games worse.

It disgusts me to see people defend this kind of ridiculous antics.

Pretty sure it's no surprise all of their skins are mostly garbage, but these ones, nahh these are premium so PAY UP CHUMPS if u wanna look cool

I'm not buying it, so what is your beef? That people aren't happy with it? If McDonalds starts putting 4/5 extra dollars per burger, I bet you see people complaining too.

JUST EAT THE SLOP YOU FAT FUCKS is what you would say

Who's apologizing? Not me, you entitled, off-topic, diarrhetic windbag. You're talking about Tekken and other retail games adding additional content for pay, in a thread about a game that is 100% free-to-play. How should the team get paid? Who's writing the APEX team's checks? NOT YOU, and yet you're free to play with everyone anyway… and you're complaining about it.

It's not pay-to-win, and it's not pay-to-play, it's not subscription based-- so they're charging for things which alter appearance.

Grow up.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2019, 06:45:31 AM »
Actually I did spent some money on Apex Legends and I have no issue with the way they were handling cosmetics and the battle pass system before this 7 dollar lootbox spit in the face.

I'm complaining about the 7$ lootbox like any other sane person would man. Stop being such a corporate shill

How should the team get paid? I dunno, maybe the billion dollar megacorp could pay them their normal wages somehow?

Fucking hell  :lol
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
Cross-finance Apex with Fifa cardpack money? :hmm

Just you wait until the generation raised on mobile gaming comes of age. A whole new realm of value extraction will open up. :ryker

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2019, 02:11:35 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
New Wraith themed mini event! Everyone's favorite edgelord bae getting power armor! sugoi~

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1167483615736786946
https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1166758410341060608

Like all controversies in our small attention span hellscape, "Wtf 18 dollar skins this is bullshit" has died down everyone has gone back to meme shit posting and kill montages. *Very Wraith voice* "All states are temporary and the flatline is a good assault rifle"

they trying to catch me slippin
real tactical cqc
text book bamboozle
working with the flatline
sneaky bitch

https://twitter.com/panda_ookuma/status/1163865397889622018
https://twitter.com/ryonello/status/1163594605079588864
https://twitter.com/xuuato/status/1167536031563993091

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2019, 02:44:58 PM »

:obama

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2019, 02:23:18 PM »

Dickie Dee

« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2019, 04:31:54 AM »
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2019, 06:02:21 AM »

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2019, 08:31:48 AM »
Did they nerf the 301 or something? I cause more damage at mid-range with the Alternator even without the disruptor hop than I do with the 301 now.

Also, S3 looks all sorts of awesome.

Dickie Dee

___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2019, 01:05:23 AM »
New map is good.
G7 with double tap is beautiful.
Crypto is alright. Solid support legend if you aren't a kill/dmg monster. I crafted camo skin for him. He looks cool.
Charge Rifle is really good. Dunno if it's OP or not because I definitely see some ppl avoiding it.

https://streamable.com/5lz7x
https://streamable.com/v7qhz
https://streamable.com/2zmbk
https://streamable.com/5lz7x
https://streamable.com/pc868
https://streamable.com/sl7w6

https://twitter.com/Alise_Gluskova/status/1174376227970441216

spoiler (click to show/hide)

french goth waifu
 :uguu
[close]

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2019, 11:37:55 PM »
All the halloween skins

https://imgur.com/gallery/48H2PJm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »
New map is nice..but is there no way to play the old map? I like that one too.

Still suck on PC, but the other night I had a game where I killed 9 people  8)

It was a crazy clusterfuck we just kept getting ganked by another team trying to third party lol and I owned most of them with an alternator  :lol
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
dev tweeted out a sneaky shot of new legend:

https://twitter.com/Alex_Graner/status/1181624865259839489

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »

:uguu

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2019, 02:25:53 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
podcast boy compilation with my music played over so its less weird or maybe weirder
longer compilation here but my sound didn't record at all so it was either lose the footage or put music on it
never stop shooting never give up or switch weapons carelessly
podcast boy
the homies goofy too...and blind
spicy start
ring around the rosey
push up
eskettit vol. 15 for da fall

Charge rifle nerf! Still pretty good. World's Edge! Rough edges I thought were there are kinda gone. It's probably better than KC if I'm being real but I just have so many hours in KC that I don't want to call it call it yet. Crypto is cool but not intensely meta even in casual I feel like the don't see him a lot anymore. Shame, he's useful but I guess ppl will always gravitate more towards outright fraggers and comp meta approved legends.

https://twitter.com/iwamoto_05/status/1186239119841619968
https://twitter.com/saetsukura/status/1185324185620336641
https://twitter.com/d_ra_b_hu_d/status/1186596039219806208

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2019, 06:59:23 PM »
Man I really love that xmas mode they have going.

I respected Apex Legends and love the design choices Respawn makes, but I'm honestly not really a fan of br games at all. I played Apex Legends because I liked everything about Respawn, despite it being a br game instead of because of it being a br game.

But that xmas mode is exactly what I wanted from them. Something with the same gunplay and mechanics, but without the chaotic mess of a br game. A more traditional shooter style game.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2019, 07:01:26 PM »
Yeah I'm really hoping they give us a legit dm/tdm mode at some point even if it's just an event like this.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2019, 05:59:41 AM »
 :delicious
___

Dickie Dee

« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »

:o
___