Author Topic: Division 2 thread of being a bad enough dude to save Donnie  (Read 3651 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Division 2 thread of being a bad enough dude to save Donnie
« on: March 05, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »

Developer: Tom Clancy (PBUH)
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: 3/15 (or 3/12 if you pay $100).
System: All the things except Switch and Steam

---

Anyone else gonna be playing this? I finished the stuff in the beta yesterday and it was pretty fun. The endgame sniper rifle is pretty ridiculous, I didn't try the other classes but I'm seeing some cheap PC codes out there so I'll grab it soon.

Doesn't seem like there's a point to getting the special edition since all the season pass content is free so I'll go with the plain edition key

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:46:32 PM by nachobro »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Division 2 thread of being a bad enough dude to save Donnie
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
I just took a look at this thread for the Bad Dudes reference.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 03:28:03 PM »
dunno if anyone else played the beta on pc but for some reason ubi made it so you have to double click on all the in-game menu options and that really made me way more enraged than it should have

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »
I just took a look at this thread for the Trump reference.
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 08:05:57 PM »
Not while it's Epic store exclusive. :girlaff

I played the closed, open, and final beta. Had a good time, it's more of the Division 1 with some minor tweaks (less bullet sponge-y enemies), so that's good.

But them pulling a fast-one on Steam basically killed all interest I had in it. So we'll see in a year when they come crawling back (if they do) if I have interest in playing the fixed up version.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 08:44:42 PM »
fwiw i got it on uplay, you can add their games to steam and it'll require uplay on steam anyway. also ubi is giving a free game if you buy it from them.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 08:55:05 PM »
Since you need Uplay to play their games, why even buy Ubi stuff anywhere else?  ???
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
The commercial is misleading. No one believes it only took 1 bullet to bring the guy down.
©ZH

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 09:19:34 PM »
Since you need Uplay to play their games, why even buy Ubi stuff anywhere else?  ???
Some of the stores like Humble offer uPlay keys and have better deals sometimes.

Like Nacho mentioned I stopped buying Steam versions because they require uPlay anyway, and there was a long time where the two would get stuck trying to launch the other.

Like Origin you can activate a bunch of the Steam keys for "clean" uPlay only versions. I think Ubisoft is even more thorough than EA was with those. It'll list the dumb game in your library twice though and when you go to install it you get to play "guess which one is going to try to install through Steam" so you can hide it.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 09:19:49 PM »
discounts mainly. i got division 1 for $5 in a steam sale. it's pretty silly that you can only start it in steam. even if i try to open it in uplay it'll launch steam to then switch back to uplay and launch the game.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 09:22:31 PM »
Like Origin you can activate a bunch of the Steam keys for "clean" uPlay only versions

:leon good to know 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 09:27:18 PM »
IIRC, basically everything that lets you get a CD Key on Steam can be activated. (Or you can tie accounts like GOG or something. Because I have all the Ass Creeds I got on Steam on uPlay somehow. And Splinter Cells. And Far Crys.)

There's a couple weird games like Rayman or Grow Home, I think the latter doesn't even have a uPlay version.

thisismyusername

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »
also ubi is giving a free game if you buy it from them.

I'm not desperate enough to buy into their "p-p-please buy o-o-our game, w-w-we'll give you shit that you can get on Steam already" apology tour. Fuck that.

discounts mainly. i got division 1 for $5 in a steam sale. it's pretty silly that you can only start it in steam. even if i try to open it in uplay it'll launch steam to then switch back to uplay and launch the game.

AFAIK you can launch it through Uplay itself and it shouldn't require that.

As it is, I buy off Steam for the discounts and having everything on one store-front. I don't give a shit about it booting up Uplay since that's only seen for two minutes of launch and exit. Uplay's client is shit and I refuse to support that shit just like I refuse to support Epic. Neither one are on Steam's level. So I'll pass until Ubisoft capitulates. Again: I'm not dying to play the game, especially since I know Ubisoft is going to cliff-hanger the game's story (the major reason I played the first one in the first place since it's E3 announcement trailer got me interested in it) to put a Division 3, 4, 5, and 6. I can fucking wait.

PsychoBee

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 02:42:47 AM »
Played the closed beta or w/e that was called, friend gave me a key

never played div1, but I thought it was pretty cool, prob gonna pick it up when it launches and see if it holds up

definitely can't be as disappointing as anthem was endgame
dumb

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
Beta was fun, I liked the endgame mission more than I thought I would.

I might grab this on PS4.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »
yeah the jizz blaster seemed like the most useless skill :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 05:01:58 PM »

It might be more useful on capped level raids. But I'm kinda dubious about that.

thisismyusername

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 10:55:22 PM »

Its just the amount of time it takes. Hopefully they adjust it.

But Flamethrower + Healthstation in Div 1 was the shit. Hope they have something similar.

I used the pulse and revive station. You pretty much need the revive station on the Incursions. Which I've never completed now that I think of it...

Survival mode is the best mode they added to the Division 1, and hopefully it'll come as a free mode in the Division 2 so people actually play it.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
Anyone in on the game now? I went for third party keys so I'm stuck waiting til the 15th to even start downloading :gloomy

Borealis

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 06:45:07 AM »
Liking it heaps, the 'living world' elements work well, plus there's so many nocks and crannies to uncover around DC. Side mission design being similar in quality to those of main missions is a solid step up. More little things like the improved firearm sounds and enemy AI animation reactions that involve stumbling from torso shots or flying back from shotgun blasts just boost the whole package for me.

The menu UI navigation and all is definitely a regression from Division 1. Not sure if their UI leads even bothered to routinely playtest the game with these sort of wack layouts and extra button presses involved.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »
People who got AMD rewards keys are getting bodied so it looks like I probably won't be playing tonight :gloomy

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »
Going to get it today - will start after I finish up some Destiny stuff. I dont plan on going hard in the paint but I'll play the campaign and go for achievements at least.
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
About to hit level 10 and really liking it so far. Been using the cluster grenade and it's a really useful way to start (and sometimes immediately end) an engagement. Also it really looks damn great and I'm getting 75fps easily on High. I'm notworksafe on PC if anyone's interested in playing a bit.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 08:20:04 PM »
What are the big differences (if any) compared to Division 1? Does it feel like a particular improvement? I enjoyed it well enough in coop, but pretty soon i got burned out with the same map over and over.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 09:39:59 PM »
All I remember about Division 1:

- The building I used to work in was in it
- I shot an enemy in the head like 5 times with a sniper rifle and he didn't die
- There was a guy named Joe Fuego or Joe Ferro or something and he had a flamethrower, and we decided to call him Joe Fire instead and thought that was hilarious

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
What are the big differences (if any) compared to Division 1? Does it feel like a particular improvement? I enjoyed it well enough in coop, but pretty soon i got burned out with the same map over and over.

Its honestly more of the same. Maybe some QoL improvements but it feels just like Div 1 to me.

Level 11 just entered the East Mall area
fat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »
If you throw a nade, they will run from it. If you throw a nade and start shooting, they will ignore the nade and get blown up.  :doge
©ZH

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »
Also if they aren't facing you when you throw the grenade they won't see it and will just get blown up, even if it lands right next to them. Taken out a lot of roaming packs of 3-4 dudes like that :lol

Been using LMG + cluster grenade + turret for parties and it seems solid so far. When solo I'm using 1 or 3 shot Rifle, turret, and healing drone. Shotgun is super useful for both because of all the random runners. My friend got the fire turret and that thing is really hilarious and useful.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 09:27:59 AM »
Real world scenarios are so boring so I can only digest so much in a session over Destiny. Space Magic > Government Wankstains
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »

Its honestly more of the same. Maybe some QoL improvements but it feels just like Div 1 to me.

Level 11 just entered the East Mall area

This is the review ive been waiting for

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
The Ubisoft design school of having a map full of icons with shit to do combined with loot and online parties really is an excellent combination. Very easy to quickly drop a few hours in this game without noticing. :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
Damn I'm slow as hell then. Got like 20 hours in and I'm at 15, barely getting into the Southwest section of the map. :lol I always end up getting distracted on my way to a mission, end up doing some side shit and then fucking with gear and testing out a new gun...then an hour or two later I remember that original mission

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »
I dumped all of my SHD in to the XP perks right of the bat. Helps a lot.
heh i have been grinding hard on those caches. got almost all the perks other than the level 30 required ones

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 11:39:19 AM »
fucking thank god. having to choose between -stability or -accuracy on a sight mod was so stupid.