Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ~ B O R E V A L U E S ~  (Read 194610 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| ~ B O R E V A L U E S ~
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2019, 09:32:06 PM »
User Banned (duration pending): advocating killing, history of similar behaviour

Landlords don't deserve to make or enforce rules, they deserve a fucking guillotine.
:lol

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
User Banned (duration pending): advocating killing, history of similar behaviour

Landlords don't deserve to make or enforce rules, they deserve a fucking guillotine.

Great another new member
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing violence and sexual assault

I am ok with this as long as the people they are killing are poachers.

Preserving endangered species is priority IMO

Poachers are scum. I'm donating to wwf asap.
this is why you read the OP :doge

agrajag

« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »

get a load of Robespierre over here

Boredfrom

« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
I never watched Tim & Eric because Adult Swim died in Latino America because adult content in child channels is banned no matter the hour.

benjipwns

« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2019, 09:38:57 PM »
User banned (1 week): hostility, personal attacks + previous similar infractions
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
I'm certain Paul has drunk from whatever poisoned financial well seems to connect pretty disparate GOP (and potentially one or two blue dogs or even cranky old men who won't release their taxes) lickspittles but I am surprised he's suddenly principled about something. His fans all drank the Trump Kool aid or covered their ears and la la la'd so I am not sure what tipped him here.

If Obama had tried this Rand Paul would literally have BURST.
I look forward to Halo Infinite being a beautiful centrist screed that keeps making the necessary point that good things can't happen. Good stuff. Keep it up.

Quote from: Frank O'Connor
I'd prefer not to drag that Verified tag into totally unrelated things in here. It puts me on a spot that I can't really pivot from. I don't think you were doing that, but it immediately forces me into a defensive position that I can't argue from without dragging a whole studio of folks with differing philsophies and opinions (who I obviously don't speak for on anything except video games and even then, just one specific IP) into an unrelated and maybe contentious or emotional topic. The Verified tag is as much to say, "HMM WHY IS THIS RANDOM GUY OBSESSED WITH DIG DUG AND MODERN AIMING RATIOS AND WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE HIM ABOUT SWAT?" when I am talking about games.

The point being that Rand has with his voting record abandoned almost every libertarian and conservative principle he ever held to vote party line for the last two years, and yes, it's striking that he's doing something as visible as this, and I'm surprised he is since it puts a target right on his back. He's doing this at some cost to himself which IS principled - so whether I like his principles or not, I appreciate him trying to be consistent on them at least.

It's also pretty sad that we're in a spot where a likely illegal and blatantly unconstitutional Executive Order is being narrowly defeated with bipartisan votes from the other "side" given that the "side" should be "Congress." Rand will either take heat for this (or maybe he made a weird strategic deal with GOP folks who wanted to force a veto but without going on the record in exchange for some other lawmaking thing down the line?) Also, when I was younger in the Old Country I used to work with a super passionate Libertarian (or the European flavor of that which is a bit different) named Paul Rand and a conservative named Ryan Paul - so I always have to mentally check my math before talking about this Rand.

james

« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »
I never watched Tim & Eric because Adult Swim died in Latino America because adult content in child channels is banned no matter the hour.

Wtf are you on about. Adult swim was glorious.

They'd air 5 episodes of inuyasha in a 2 hour block

benjipwns

« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »

he's from the place with the rapists* and murderers and some, I assume, good people

*not to be confused with THQNordic

james

« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2019, 09:43:29 PM »

he's from the place with the rapists* and murderers and some, I assume, good people

*not to be confused with THQNordic

Benji sit down. The same schedule was aired in every country in LA. We were watching the same stuff

agrajag

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2019, 09:45:07 PM »
look, I know there are a lot of Mexicans in LA, but it's still part of US

benjipwns

« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »
wow you're latinx too

they really are invading us

Boredfrom

« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2019, 09:46:01 PM »

I know is sarcasm but I think it was not labeled AS when they tried this 2 hour blocks. At least they showed YuYuHakusho.

james

« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »

I know is sarcasm but I think it was not labeled AS when they tried this 2 hour blocks. At least they showed YuYuHakusho.

It was called adult swim afaik

Boredfrom

« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »

Really? Because weekend AS bumpers mocked the shit out of people that wanted anime in the block.

agrajag

« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2019, 09:50:01 PM »
wow you're latinx too

they really are invading us

build the wall and the latinx participation will fall

benjipwns

« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2019, 09:50:05 PM »
that was Toonami that did the anime blocks

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »
Hmmm. If that user was banned for his post at me, I wasn't offended and I addressed him directly in my reply. I don't want to backseat mod but I would not want him or hrerhave requested him be banned for that since it's not a super obvious no-no An it is kinda opaque/non-obvious relative to drive by racism, for instance. Anyway now I'm derailing I'll shut up now.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sen-rand-paul-to-vote-against-trumps-border-emergency-likely-forcing-trump-to-issue-his-first-veto.103138/post-18493040

:idont

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2019, 09:54:54 PM »
seriously though if this bullshit about halo infinite being delayed to launch with the xbox two or whatever is true, then that shit better be fucking good :maf

james

« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2019, 09:58:16 PM »

Really? Because weekend AS bumpers mocked the shit out of people that wanted anime in the block.

Im the US, adult swim started as 95% anime and then switched to garbage American squiggles.

Big o, blood+, cowboy bebop, fullmetal, ghost in the shell, and my personal favorite, lupin the third, among others

In Latin America, inuyasha aired weekdays from 4 to 5pm, and Saturdays from I believe 11pm to 1am

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2019, 09:59:44 PM »
*Latinx America  ;)

james

« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2019, 10:00:45 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »

Im the US, adult swim started as 95% anime and then switched to garbage American squiggles.

Big o, blood+, cowboy bebop, fullmetal, ghost in the shell, and my personal favorite, lupin the third, among others

In Latin America, inuyasha aired weekdays from 4 to 5pm, and Saturdays from I believe 11pm to 1am

Then it was Toonami.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2019, 10:02:50 PM »

It was mostly 'Murican stuff- Cowboy Bebop was the sole initial anime show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim#Creation_and_development

Toonami was an afternoon thing for kids- but they had The Midnight Run on Saturdays, which then got an hour block on weekdays for "uncut" episodes of DBZ, Gundam Wing, and Outlaw Star IIRC.  It wasn't Adult Swim.

:expert
ど助平

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »
seriously though if this bullshit about halo infinite being delayed to launch with the xbox two or whatever is true, then that shit better be fucking good :maf
but there's no date tho...

agrajag

« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
how come a lot of the n00bs pick the same grainy Emilio Estevez avatar? This is the third one I can think of.

:thinking

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2019, 10:18:24 PM »

Appropriating my culture  :trigger

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #326 on: March 05, 2019, 10:22:05 PM »
how come a lot of the n00bs pick the same grainy Emilio Estevez avatar? This is the third one I can think of.

It's the closet thing to Joe Estevez.

benjipwns

« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2019, 10:26:42 PM »

it's in the forum's collection of avatars, i think there's like three or something lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

:aah :aah :aah
dog

agrajag

« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »

it's in the forum's collection of avatars, i think there's like three or something lol

mystery solved, damn how did I not know that.

There's been quite a few members over the years with those preset avys. Flannel Boy has the Bon Jovi one.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2019, 10:31:59 PM »

One day, after one of those stupid bans, people are just gonna keep repeating the same post.

I used to love when that happened on gaf. well not the banning part but just threads filled with people all saying the same thing.

james

« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2019, 10:32:33 PM »
I spent 7 years looking for the perfect avatar. I'm glad I waited and never used a nasty default

benjipwns

« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »
wow there were way more of these avatars than i remembered, all the best actors and musicians

benjipwns

« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »
amazing that the linkin park one isn't of the guy who died

what did they know?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2019, 10:35:25 PM »
where does Messofamango stand on this issue?

Better yet, has he installed the wife spying app on his wife's phone yet?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2019, 10:35:34 PM »
Hmmm. If that user was banned for his post at me, I wasn't offended and I addressed him directly in my reply. I don't want to backseat mod but I would not want him or hrerhave requested him be banned for that since it's not a super obvious no-no An it is kinda opaque/non-obvious relative to drive by racism, for instance. Anyway now I'm derailing I'll shut up now.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sen-rand-paul-to-vote-against-trumps-border-emergency-likely-forcing-trump-to-issue-his-first-veto.103138/post-18493040

:idont

they lack the ability to understand that comradery(is that sexist?racist?) is built on good ol' ribbing (and sometimes rubbing :smug) amirite jansen.

oh wait.

james

« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2019, 10:38:16 PM »
Imagine if people here got banned for dunking on Cauliflower holy shit

Rahxephon91

« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:27 PM »
That dude just looks like he smells terrible. Every time I see his avatar thats all I can think.

I remember when riotous said you looked like you were wearing a child’s scalp and you got massively butt hurt.
But at least I know my child looking scalp smells good.

PogiJones

« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »
Ill get my revenge, PogiJones

No you won't.

benjipwns

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2019, 10:48:11 PM »
Quote from: Ichthyosaurus
The leftists have been trying to shame liberals into backing Omar. This framing that anything liberals shouldn't be able to argue about anything is asinine. Particularly when leaving the party was bought up because of this incident or are we meant to forget it when leftists #walkaway?

PogiJones

« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2019, 10:49:18 PM »
where does Messofamango stand on this issue?

Better yet, has he installed the wife spying app on his wife's phone yet?

Do we know he has an arranged marriage, or is that just a meme?

benjipwns

« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2019, 10:50:52 PM »
lmao that thread has collapsed into a bunch of accusations of bad faith: https://www.resetera.com/threads/house-dems-will-vote-on-a-resolution-in-response-to-ilhan-omar%E2%80%99s-israel-comments.103328/post-18565063

I guess it's cool to dismiss the feelings of Jews that were hurt by the comments because hey, who cares about offending people if your overall message is correct. The ends justify the means and all, right?
The defence of not voting in this thread is chilling.
I won't invalidate your lived experience, but this reads like you haven't experienced some of the absolutely vile antisemitism that me and many of my friends/relatives have.

benjipwns

« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
why do you keep bringing up "sensitive to impacted communities"

when Ilhan Omar is talking about not wanting ANY american to sign a loyalty pledge to a foreign nation like the anti-BDS laws. why?

no "impacted community" is mentioned or insinuated in ANY of her talking points
Man, Jews are Americans and they are part of that group who are implicated in signing loyalty pledges to Israel and forcing other Americans to do the same thing.

If you can't see how they're an impacted community here then there's not much left to discuss.
wat

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2019, 11:04:10 PM »
The defence of not voting in this thread is chilling.

:teehee

benjipwns

« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »
ya i saw the spelling too, these fuckin Canadians man

benjipwns

« Reply #345 on: March 05, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »
people are hiding behind their own prejudice but it comes down

1. Black
2. Muslim
3. Woman
wow at ranking them, this is why black muslim women are exploding at any chance to get away from ResetERA.com

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2019, 11:09:06 PM »

1. Black
2. Muslim
3. Woman
wow at ranking them, this is why black muslim women are exploding at any chance to get away from ResetERA.com

yikes

agrajag

« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:39 PM »

1. Black
2. Muslim
3. Woman

that's where Pogi comes in

benjipwns

« Reply #348 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:51 PM »
i think they're probably blowing up with anger at this whole "discussion"

« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2019, 11:15:04 PM »
Also I can confirm women get it worse than black
She

james

« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2019, 11:16:22 PM »
Also I can confirm women get it worse than black

Lol no

benjipwns

« Reply #351 on: March 05, 2019, 11:17:13 PM »
there's probably busloads full of them willingly dying to escape ResetERA.com's hate site ambitions

benjipwns

« Reply #352 on: March 05, 2019, 11:18:32 PM »
marrec knows what i'm talking about

« Reply #353 on: March 05, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »
there's probably busloads full of them willingly dying to escape ResetERA.com's hate site ambitions

Nah they kind of just stopped posting cuz of all the fakes and losers.

Everyone is discord now
She

Himu

« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2019, 11:20:50 PM »

Nah they kind of just stopped posting cuz of all the fakes and losers.

Everyone is discord now

what do you mean fakes?

I was called a fake because I changed my mind on the way social justice was going.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2019, 11:22:48 PM »
Thanks for the add. Can't wait to shitpost here, lurking was killing me!

I'm a refugee from the great Jussie Smollett wars. Got permed so I decided to change my identity and come here. Couldn't deal with NeoNeoGAF so thanks again.

My biggest claim to fame and achievement in life is being quoted in this thread's predecessor.

Also, apparently it's harder to get approved in here than it is to get vERAfied, so I assume I should thank Pogijones for his assistance.

Spud

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2019, 11:23:42 PM »
also:
the just bought the nazi skyrim developers it's hard to believe they aren't aware of gamergate.

agrajag

« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2019, 11:24:22 PM »
what was your Era name

:shaq

PogiJones

« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2019, 11:24:52 PM »
Well would you look at that, Nate.