Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3799914 times)

ResetBanBot

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #16860 on: May 22, 2019, 03:54:18 PM »
Linux gaming will never be a thing and that has nothing to do with Epic.
There are literally dozens of us.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16861 on: May 22, 2019, 03:55:38 PM »
Noted dumbass Fernando Rocker accurately describes everything he's ever written on the internet:

Well, this thread backfired on me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-americas-traffic-lights.118045/post-20961043

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16862 on: May 22, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »

THE CONTAGION IS SPREADING!!!

BisMarckie

« Reply #16863 on: May 22, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
I saw that Shy was banned again recently for like the 6th or 7th time already.Checked the ban message and it‘s a 2 weeks ban. :lol

The previous ban had this in the ban message.
Extensive history of trolling, hostility, and antagonistic behavior despite numerous warnings and bans.

https://resetera.com//threads/death-stranding-a-hideo-kojima-game-strand.60900/post-20885383
This one only says long history of similar behavior . :rofl

Good to know that such a quality contributor (who else would post that white feminism meme in unrelated threads?) will be back soon. :aah
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:04:38 PM by BisMarckie »

jorma

« Reply #16864 on: May 22, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »
Is there any way I can get this on Steam? id love to play it on PC but dont want to support the EGS.
It's weird how pedophilia isn't a stopper but a storefront is.

its weird how disingenuous false equivalency is only bannable when its the wrong kind of disingenuous false equivalency.

imagine the absolute state of their discord when not a single soul is engaging and just talk about irrelevant stuff such as egs moneyhats and how well metro did

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16865 on: May 22, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »
I saw that Shy was banned again recently for like the 6th or 7th time already.Checked the ban message and it‘s a 2 weeks ban. :lol

The previous ban had this in the ban message.
Extensive history of trolling, hostility, and antagonistic behavior despite numerous warnings and bans.

https://resetera.com//threads/death-stranding-a-hideo-kojima-game-strand.60900/post-20885383 This one only lists accumulated infractions. :rofl

Good to know that such a quality contributor (who else would post that white feminism meme in unrelated threads?) will be back soon. :aah

It was a duration pending before, and I'll admit I was looking forward to it being a perm :stahp

I guess someone sorted it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16866 on: May 22, 2019, 04:04:00 PM »
https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/search/actioned?u=Shy

Looks like Shy might be on double secret super probation from nerdlinger house!

BisMarckie

« Reply #16867 on: May 22, 2019, 04:05:44 PM »
That‘s almost PD territory, but resetera has only been around for 18 months and PD‘s stuff on gaf was funny.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #16868 on: May 22, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »
Why would anyone want to protect a shitty-ass poster like SHY. What does the forum gain from keeping these idiots around?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16869 on: May 22, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »

g-guys don't you know this is a sensitive topic? r-right?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16870 on: May 22, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »
Why would anyone want to protect a shitty-ass poster like SHY. What does the forum gain from keeping these idiots around?
Progressive stacking

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #16871 on: May 22, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
Progressive stacking

But aggressive assholes like SHY give progressives a bad name. You'd think it'd be better to cull the assholes and keep the level-headed ones. Guess not.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16872 on: May 22, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
The progressive stack is _the_ fundamental attribute of the modern American progressive. Progressivism is giving progressives a bad name by advocating for systemic, codified and enforced racism and sexism.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16873 on: May 22, 2019, 04:16:26 PM »
Progressive stacking

But aggressive assholes like SHY give progressives a bad name. You'd think it'd be better to cull the assholes and keep the level-headed ones. Guess not.
Communist revolutions are not known for keeping around the level headed.
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16874 on: May 22, 2019, 04:23:59 PM »
on resetti every topic is a sensitive topic but that's because of the posters, not the topic

agrajag

« Reply #16875 on: May 22, 2019, 04:30:41 PM »
Noted dumbass Fernando Rocker accurately describes everything he's ever written on the internet:

Well, this thread backfired on me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-americas-traffic-lights.118045/post-20961043

Imagine driving and this dumbass is in front of you and slams his breaks the second he sees a yellow light.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16876 on: May 22, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thqn-absolute-majority-of-metro-exodus-revenue-coming-from-consoles-no-comment-on-pc-sales.118415/post-21027767
Quote from: Riotous
For what it's worth though Epic has outright stated the plan is to scale back if the store becomes more popular, or if other stores lower their cut from the standard ~30% (although whether that's BS or not is hard to say.)

Of course its BS, because they know that other storefronts can't match that without sacrificing existing quality of service.
Epic can waive all their fees for any Unreal Engine title sold through their own store, because they get a cut of the end product anyway.
Who else can do that?
The only other storefront owner that has an engine provides it for free anyway, so you can't go lower than that.

Other storefronts swings-and-roundabouts the various costs associated with supporting non-standard payment methods, or supplying product to smaller 'riskier' territories.
Epic just don't fucking bother with these territories or payment methods at all. Literally due to the costs involved meaning their cut is untenable in providing games to those people.
So anyone who wants to match an untenable cut is either going to have to soak the costs (which Epic themselves have stated they are unwilling to do) or just cut loose a bunch of existing customers to hit an entirely arbitrary percentile point in a dick measuring contest that Epic set the rules for in the first place.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16877 on: May 22, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »
Don't worry, mods are on the job.

Oh TatteredHat slipped by with the preemptive self-censorship

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16878 on: May 22, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »
Me just barely making the yellow light and seeing another car behind me that clearly had a red light
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16879 on: May 22, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
You see what happens when you don't copy pasta some tangentially relevant post some other mod made once into every topic even vaguely related to Epic, era mods? Do you see?

Uppity users start thinking they have some insight into things being more than just a launcher lol entitled so called master race

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #16880 on: May 22, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »
ever notice how many people named tim just suck?

tim sweeney
tim schafer
tim heidecker

really makes you think
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

agrajag

« Reply #16881 on: May 22, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »
Me just barely making the yellow light and seeing another car behind me that clearly had a red light
(Image removed from quote.)

down here people don't give a fuck. I'll run a borderline red light and see sometimes 3-4 cars rushing thorough the red behind me. The worst is the left turn light. For some reason if it's a left turn, people feel entitled to run the red. Sometimes they daisy chain together and there is like 10 cars in a row running the red left turn light. They feel like if they are close enough to the other cars, they can just keep running red indefinitely.

BisMarckie

« Reply #16882 on: May 22, 2019, 04:48:20 PM »
Countries without this sequence. :hhh

BisMarckie

« Reply #16883 on: May 22, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »
ever notice how many people named tim just suck?

tim heidecker

benji will use his dossier to find you and kill you.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16884 on: May 22, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »
what the fuck is that?
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16885 on: May 22, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »

Me just barely making the yellow light and seeing another car behind me, that clearly had a red light, speed through it and go around me, then get pulled over by a cop in the opposite lane

ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16886 on: May 22, 2019, 04:57:12 PM »
Ehh.. you have literally know way of making statements of fact like this, literally.

No, but maybe Tim Sweeney does
https://twitter.com/timsweeneyepic/status/1091025939109199879
https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1091036025898651648

BisMarckie

« Reply #16887 on: May 22, 2019, 04:57:21 PM »
what the fuck is that?

This seuence alerts you that you gonna have a green light in a second. So you are ready for the green light and don‘t waste precious seconds like an idiot.

agrajag

« Reply #16888 on: May 22, 2019, 04:58:59 PM »
a red and a yellow light at the same time? Why are your country's traffic lights gaslighting me?

agrajag

« Reply #16889 on: May 22, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »
One of my biggest driving pet peeves is people who see green lights kinda far ahead, and start slowing down, because they fear hitting a yellow light.

Once you notice people doing this, you can't un-notice it.

When I see a red light far away, I let go of gas and just cruise on momentum. By the time I roll up to it, it's green and gotta go fast again. Save gas that way.

:ohyeah

BisMarckie

« Reply #16890 on: May 22, 2019, 05:01:11 PM »
a red and a yellow light at the same time? Why are your country's traffic lights gaslighting me?

Because efficiency is more important than your feelings.

Occam

« Reply #16891 on: May 22, 2019, 05:04:56 PM »

Why doesn't every country have this? It makes so much sense.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16892 on: May 22, 2019, 05:08:08 PM »

None of this indicates EGS can't support these payment methods, and Sweeney himself is suggesting precisely how they could (processing fee.)  edit: In fact he's saying they do support them.. sooo..

WTF?

No, the EGS adds on those costs directly to the customer, where they do supply products. It is not covered by their cut. Some places they just don't fucking bother.
Valve eat those additional costs as part of their existing retailer cut, meaning certain territories their 'take' is significantly lower than 30%. Because they pay all of those additional overheads.
And before you "well you can't know that", they literally outlined that that is exactly what they do at GDC, and that - for example - ~90% of all Japanese purchases are done via the costlier to valve steam card route paid for by cash, rather than by credit card.

Like... Tim Sweeny literally fucking says that a 12% cut is 'impractical' for developing world sales.

Occam

« Reply #16893 on: May 22, 2019, 05:14:08 PM »
Is the Red+Yellow a warning that the green light is coming?

"In Germany, the Czech Republic and some other Central European countries, a combination of red and orange [yellow] lights is illuminated just before the green phase."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_light#Europe

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16894 on: May 22, 2019, 05:22:20 PM »
You literally used a statement by Time Sweeney explaining how they support the expensive payment types you claimed they didn't as proof that they couldn't support said payment times.
:mindblown

breh... read what I'm saying.
They DON'T support those territories and payment methods because it makes their 12% unfeasible.
They are able to call out other storefronts that DO support that, because they know that 12% is unfeasible.

You said I had no way of knowing that, when... horses mouth.
The '12%' is a fucking magic number. its not based on Epics actual existing costs, or potential future costs. its literally "Whats lower than the other guys?"

Either way the vast, vast majority of sales on both platforms do not have anything to do with the sales in these territories with those payment methods.  And if Tim Sweeney is admitting that they couldn't do it with a flat 12% fee in those regions, do you think he'd expect Valve to to meet his statement about them changing their policy?

Like not sure WTF you are getting at... Tim Sweeney is admitting a flat 12% across the board in all regions isn't possible so clearly he wouldn't expect Valve to do that.

No, its - see above - just PR bullshit. As for the 'vast majority' of sales not having additional costs; again, valve gave a huge fucking talk at GDC about regions and payments methods.

If valve went to a - again, totally fucking arbitrary - 12% for PR shine, they either drop a chunk of their userbase, or actively lose money in keeping their existing userbase.

Tim Sweeney fucking knows all of this dude.
He's not calling out Valve for not only charging 12% because thats the scientifically derived objective figure of optimal return for all parties involved.
He's doing it for PR reasons and so idiots go "oh yea, should be 12%"

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16895 on: May 22, 2019, 05:26:05 PM »
You're doing God's work Sage.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16896 on: May 22, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »
what the fuck is that?

This seuence alerts you that you gonna have a green light in a second. So you are ready for the green light and don‘t waste precious seconds like an idiot.

vietnam has the best i've seen, there's literally a clock where you can see the seconds count down for each phase

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #16897 on: May 22, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
rouitous keeps dadsplaining, he's turning into his father  :-[

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16898 on: May 22, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »

He quite literally says in those tweets that they support some of those payment methods and territories lol, they do so by charging a fee.    I'm just making fun of you for that, because it's funny.   

They are able to call out other storefronts that DO support that, because they know that 12% is unfeasible.

Except he's blatantly admitting that in the tweets;  which means unless he's just a complete sociopath when he calls for Valve to change their fees he's including the fact that they couldn't necessarily do it in all regions.

Do you really think he'd admit that and then go "Nope when I said for Valve to change their fees they have to do it WORLDWIDE IN ALL REGIONS EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THEY CANT BUWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

You do get how PR works, right?
He might as well say "We'll stop moneyhatting exclusives the day gabe newell can fit into a skinny jeans".
He can boast "We only charge 12%*" because thats the headline people read.
Not the *go suck a dick poors and foreigners

shosta

« Reply #16899 on: May 22, 2019, 05:41:33 PM »
rouitous keeps dadsplaining, he's turning into his father  :-[
glad someone else noticed this :lol riotous is a great example of someone who posts really confidently all the time like they're Megamind or some shit
每天生气

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #16900 on: May 22, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-maximilian-doods-intro-the-best-youtube-gaming-channel-intro-out-there.118166/post-20981341

It's great.

I just hope the people involved were compensated adequately.

I AM SOCIALLY CONSCIENTIOUS!

chinginguished changinguished distinguished black fellow dagger  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16901 on: May 22, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »
riotous just can't ever stand to be Wrong On The Internet

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #16902 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chick-fil-a-banned-from-san-antonio-international-airport-for-its-legacy-of-anti-lgbtq-behavior.107353/post-20996022

resetti mods gonna start banning people for eating fast food :lol wasn't that a thing on gaf as well near the end?

someone please explain to me the hate boner for chik-fil-a.. the owners are christian and said they value traditional marriage and are thus against gay marriage. so fucking what? have you ever seen a gay person denied service at a chik-fil-a?

why is civil marriage seen as some ultimate fucking goal.. so many fucking statists in this thread and on gaf/era. disgusting.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16903 on: May 22, 2019, 05:47:48 PM »
:badass

what you gonna do, insist you are right for like 50 posts :lol

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #16904 on: May 22, 2019, 05:48:34 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #16905 on: May 22, 2019, 05:50:48 PM »
   Get my dick out of your mouths, jesus christ.
:drool :patel

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16906 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51:21 PM »
Just today I admitted I was wrong about something the post after I said something wrong.  You guys are obsessed with building some narrative about me, it's gotten really pathetic.
:thinking even on this you gotta insist you're right

shosta

« Reply #16907 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51:37 PM »
maybe the best thing to do about that is to just chill out instead of telling everyone they're pathetic
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #16908 on: May 22, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »
:badass

what you gonna do, insist you are right for like 50 posts :lol

Just today I admitted I was wrong about something the post after I said something wrong.  You guys are obsessed with building some narrative about me, it's gotten really pathetic.

I agree, it can be really frustrating when people push an unearned narrative.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16909 on: May 22, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »
also i've never commented on this before, please check your facts :hmph

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16910 on: May 22, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »
Like what am I missing here?

I said that they don't support non-CC payments and developing countries, and expected - from the context of the other words that I also wrote - it was clear that I meant they do not support paying for that within the cut they take as other retailers do, not that they refuse to accept money from people.
they don't 'support' them as in they just say "fuck it" and pass the costs directly onto a customer. Not 'don;t support' as in BEEP BOOP UNEXPECTED LINE TERMINATION BOOP BEEP

Go reread my post breh. Its unedited.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16911 on: May 22, 2019, 05:54:10 PM »
also also i never said i had a problem with it. everyone wants to be right, it's natural. just something i noticed :lol

ResetBanBot

« Reply #16912 on: May 22, 2019, 05:54:12 PM »
This was never about the cut to developers. If it was they'd be telling people to buy direct from the developers website (which I do), where you'll still get a Steam key. Ask any indiedev about Steam and they'll tell you they sell more copies on a single day via Steam than all of their direct sales combined, that 30% is totally worth it to them.

The reason it's such a contentious issue is because gamejournos (and by extension, ResetEra mods) hate Valve for refusing to deplatform games, and allowing customers to write reviews, especially when relating to anti-consumer business practices. They actively want to restrict who is allowed to make games, and who is allowed to sell them. It's effectively a form of gate-keeping. Note how they all applauded Epic when they said they'd be more restrictive than Valve, hanging a giant "no indies welcome" sign from the start (triple III not included).

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #16913 on: May 22, 2019, 05:55:23 PM »
*Dadtisty  ;)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #16914 on: May 22, 2019, 05:56:09 PM »
Is the Red+Yellow a warning that the green light is coming?

Yeah, if you time it right you get a turbo boost

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16915 on: May 22, 2019, 05:56:18 PM »
I'm totally the one here who can't just admit wrong and move on...
it can be both of you, but sage got the same problem. i argued with that dude about notch not being in the minecraft credits for like 15 posts when i could have done something more productive instead, like hanging myself.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16916 on: May 22, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »
Like what am I missing here?

I said that they don't support non-CC payments and developing countries, and expected - from the context of the other words that I also wrote - it was clear that I meant they do not support paying for that within the cut they take as other retailers do, not that they refuse to accept money from people.

Quote from: GreatSageOfWhatever
Epic just don't fucking bother with these territories or payment methods at all.

Yeah super clear you meant they do actually bother with these territories and payment methods but with a fee.  That's why you said "don't fucking bother"... and "at all".

I'm totally the one here who can't just admit wrong and move on...

breh.
Other storefronts swings-and-roundabouts the various costs associated with supporting non-standard payment methods, or supplying product to smaller 'riskier' territories.
Epic just don't fucking bother with these territories or payment methods at all. Literally due to the costs involved meaning their cut is untenable in providing games to those people.

When I say "look at what I said, and see what I meant in context", don't fucking edit out the actual context of the fucking sentence, you goddamn reseterian

BisMarckie

« Reply #16917 on: May 22, 2019, 05:56:55 PM »
The trick is to never get involved in a discussion yourself. Instead you use weaponized likes to dunk on the poster you disagree with. :rejoice

Boredfrom

« Reply #16918 on: May 22, 2019, 06:00:02 PM »
This was never about the cut to developers. If it was they'd be telling people to buy direct from the developers website (which I do), where you'll still get a Steam key. Ask any indiedev about Steam and they'll tell you they sell more copies on a single day via Steam than all of their direct sales combined, that 30% is totally worth it to them.

The reason it's such a contentious issue is because gamejournos (and by extension, ResetEra mods) hate Valve for refusing to deplatform games, and allowing customers to write reviews, especially when relating to anti-consumer business practices. They actively want to restrict who is allowed to make games, and who is allowed to sell them. It's effectively a form of gate-keeping. Note how they all applauded Epic when they said they'd be more restrictive than Valve, hanging a giant "no indies welcome" sign from the start (triple III not included).

I think it has more to do with devs telling their journos friends how nasty Valve is in not giving them a bigger cut. I seriously doubt the average video game reviewer cares about user reviews outside YouTubers eating their pie.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16919 on: May 22, 2019, 06:00:23 PM »

I don't even think its that deep.
Epic make fortnite, and thats pretty cool. I played it on my playstation.
Valve don't even make games, they haven't done anything since the orange box.
this is a hypothetical paraphrased statement, this is not me saying this, in case that is not clear via context