Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795670 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #20940 on: June 11, 2019, 10:29:15 PM »
And before anyone else can get to it, I'm just going to say you know what other authoritarian regime big on ethnic/representation quotas was very particular on following laws "technically" and filing all the proper paperwork?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even after the war was clearly lost and it was all obviously going to be to their determent at the war crimes trial. :doge
[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #20941 on: June 11, 2019, 10:30:28 PM »
And before anyone else can get to it, I'm just going to say you know what other authoritarian regime was very particular on following laws "technically" and filing all the proper paperwork?

Sealand?

benjipwns

« Reply #20942 on: June 11, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »
Too soon. :fbm

Leadbelly

« Reply #20943 on: June 11, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Wait till he sees The Matrix

I want to create a company called OkayVR just to troll Patrick Klepek

Jansen

« Reply #20944 on: June 11, 2019, 10:40:55 PM »
ResetERA is ranked 5,982nd in the world and 2nd in benji pathetic universe for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, scoring 7,549.21 on the Dolphin Recycling Awareness Index.

Jansen

« Reply #20945 on: June 11, 2019, 10:41:46 PM »
The Oppressed Peoples of ResetERA is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Isamu Fukui with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.668 billion Resettlers are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

tuna_love

« Reply #20946 on: June 11, 2019, 10:51:25 PM »
stop calling sweetnicole a he you dead shit

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #20947 on: June 11, 2019, 10:53:34 PM »

I'm like Trump, only birth sex matters for me.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #20948 on: June 11, 2019, 10:54:55 PM »
I agree with tuna, but won't give a like to someone with that avatar

benjipwns

« Reply #20949 on: June 11, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »
I accidentally forgot the password to the benji pathetic universe, and for some reason The Bire got kicked out of it at some point, which is how I found out I forgot the password.

I should probably withdraw ResetERA and NeoGAF out of it, let it die and start a new one called the BenjiSales Cinematic Universe. :thinking

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #20950 on: June 11, 2019, 10:56:04 PM »
I agree with tuna, but won't give a like to someone with that avatar
You never had one of those good shits that make you do that face?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #20951 on: June 11, 2019, 10:58:09 PM »
I live for those shits.
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #20952 on: June 11, 2019, 10:59:54 PM »
The Issue
A teacher and four schoolchildren were killed on a field trip in a remote region of ResetERA after an old anti-personnel mine was accidentally detonated. The landmines - relics of the nation’s previous wars - have taken the lives of many over the years.

The Debate
“You can see how important demining is, no?” asks Coraline Ryan, the CEO of Remove Landmine, an obscure private enterprise based in Bigtopia. “We clear ResetERA of landmines for small price. No need to worry that forests obstruct progress; we remove them too, in big proud explosions. Bigtopian strength!”

Accept

“Not the Bigtopians!” screeches Hiro al-Assad, fierce patriot and even fiercer guerilla fighter, jumping out of a filing cabinet and tackling the Bigtopian businessperson to the ground. “When the Bigtopian warmongers attacked, we were forced to deploy landmines. Now they have the cheek to try and profiteer from our misery! We should seize all Bigtopian assets and use them to set up a demining fund instead!”

Accept

“I’ve got an idea!” suggests Mia Frederickson, Minister of Education and part-time comedian, trying to stifle her laughter. “Why don’t we teach students proper demining techniques? I’m sure that it’s going to be useful in their everyday lives... somehow. Anyway, it should prevent such an incident from ever occurring again.”

Accept

“Actually, we don’t need any of that,” explains Thomas McGuffin, an Army Logistics Supervisor, examining a map of ResetERA. “Since we were the ones who planted the mines, we could dig up some old documents on how to retrieve them. While it may be more costly than just purposefully detonating all of them, we should be able to reuse any functional ones that we come across. Although some of them might not work as well as newly-made weapons, this would provide a well-needed boost to our military stockpile.”

Accept
:thinking

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #20954 on: June 11, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »
https://media.giphy.com/media/QaZ3InDQJUYOA/giphy.mp4

I mean, in that scene, Austin Powers is wrong about her being a man so....

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #20955 on: June 11, 2019, 11:19:07 PM »
I've actually seen plenty of forums lock threads just to let them disappear and sometimes basically lie about "letting things calm down" NeoGAF.com mods used to pull that one for example. But ResetERA.com is definitely weird about the announcing it and then actually reporting back even if it's to say "we're not reopening this because too many bans." Like that Smash Bros. homophobia thread was locked with Finale Fireworker saying it wasn't going to be reopened. But then three hours later he posted again to make that OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION.

The "E3 Congestion" finding combined with the never consistently enforced "NO RESPONSE THREADS" rule basically lets them lock any thread currently with proper paperwork.

What I don't get is why the resetera mods are so invested in running Ree like they are. It made sense for Neogaf because it had some sort of cachet in the video game sphere at one point. Even when it lost it, you could claim the site mattered at one point.

Nobody gives a shit about how insane resetera can be outside of people like this site gawking at the carnage.

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #20956 on: June 11, 2019, 11:23:49 PM »

Sweetnicole is a man though.

benjipwns

« Reply #20957 on: June 11, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »
Power.

Look how much fun they had banning people to celebrate a Disney movie.

benjipwns

« Reply #20958 on: June 11, 2019, 11:26:28 PM »
There's also a disconnect between the moderators and a certain clique of users who use the site/discords very differently from the other 95% of users.

Jansen

BisMarckie

« Reply #20960 on: June 11, 2019, 11:30:38 PM »
There's also a disconnect between the moderators and a certain clique of users who use the site/discords very differently from the other 95% of users.

Is this certain clique BenjiSales' entourage?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20961 on: June 11, 2019, 11:36:33 PM »
kudos to whoever realized that boner outrage thread had a huge gaping hole to backfire through and so spammed a bunch of reports to get it locked right as the thread was beginning to turn :delicious

You're welcome.
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #20962 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:03 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20963 on: June 11, 2019, 11:54:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-can-i-become-more-positive-in-life-in-work-and-in-my-hobbies.122679

Um r u srzsly gon ask ree bout dis?!

First big step to being more positive: Get off of REEEE-

Quote from: WestEgg, post: 21777984, member: 3991
This is honestly probably the best answer.  I like this place, but some of the spiteful toxicity and constant one-ups manship gets me down to the point where I’m probably going to request a temporary ban in the near future.
Quote from: Dragoon, post: 21778071, member: 28568
Stay off era and lay off the internet a bit.  This place is often way too negative and you should only come here if you don't take it all that seriously.  If you really want to be miserable though, consistently go on the politics topics on the off topic section.
Quote from: iGeodude, post: 21778205, member: 13605
THIS! Trust me you'll feel much better.
Quote from: Cordy, post: 21779365, member: 3590
Stay off this site. Dudes are so negative about everything. Of course, get off the internet.

Then workout and get your nutrition right.
Work on following you dreams.
See nature a bit, just go out and explore.
Spend time with people you love who don't drag you down.
See a therapist. They're great.

It all works.

But leave this site first and then slowly leave the internet because the negativity can affect you. No bullshit.

--Even they agree.   :lol
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #20964 on: June 11, 2019, 11:54:35 PM »

Sweetnicole is a man though.

Go :duh to :duh Neogaf :duh

But please ask if Evilore will unban filler,benji and cauli.
I think they could provide a spark for that forum and help bring it back to where it once was.

Cauli maybe not so much.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #20965 on: June 11, 2019, 11:59:41 PM »
When my ban wears off this week i'll get on that

benjipwns

« Reply #20966 on: June 12, 2019, 01:06:28 AM »
E3's massacres are a visible uptick on the graph:

June 8 - 7993 bans (+8)
June 9 - 8013 bans (+20)
June 10 - 8064 bans (+51)
June 11 - 8134 bans (+70)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #20967 on: June 12, 2019, 01:09:33 AM »
Do you know when they made FF an admin? Because that one threw me for a loop.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #20968 on: June 12, 2019, 01:11:15 AM »
good thing they cancelled the 2020 Democratic Primaries thread, it already had the fifth most actions of any thread ever :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #20969 on: June 12, 2019, 01:14:48 AM »
Do you know when they made FF an admin? Because that one threw me for a loop.
He was a mod before the ban bot went up in July 2018. Kirblar was already de-modded by the time ban bot went up actually it looks like.

FF's the one who wrote that cult manifesto that they launched with, so I assume he was made a moderator fairly early on as somebody stupid clearly likes him.

Friends and expats,

It is difficult to create a community.

You can build a website and write a mission statement, but these things are only structural. It takes interest, passion, and participation from users to turn an inanimate website into a living thing. It will take the effort of every member here to turn our burgeoning congregation into the true community we are looking for. No moderator or administrator can be responsible for that – this is a responsibility every user shares. It is rare so many people have the opportunity to start something new together. If we are going to be successful, we must believe in what we are doing.

Many of us have come from someplace else and have nowhere else to go. We must be humble and mindful of this fact. As we adapt and recreate the homes we’ve lost, we must be conscious and leave certain things behind. We must shape them in a more perfect vision. If we aim to create someplace respectable and dignified, we must individually uphold those values. While first and foremost this is a hobby forum, it also aims to be much more than that for hundreds of its members. This is our pocket world. It’s our place to go. We are all each other’s neighbors and must treat each other as such.

There is no place else on the internet like what we are trying to build. We must take it seriously.

As you post and get acclimated with our new forum, channel your energy into reconstruction. Do not fall victim to petty arguments, do not capitalize on every opportunity to be negative, and remember that everyone here is a refugee. Seek positive conversation. Remove your ironic veil and speak honestly. Post thoughtfully and thoroughly and remember everything you contribute is a building block. Do not let our menagerie collapse under the same heavy-handed negativity that defines other forums we find distasteful.

• Be inclusive in your language, beliefs, and expectations. For this forum to become a massive multinational destination, no human being can feel unwelcome in its environment. Respect their culture, respect their gender, and respect the identity of every member at all times. Nobody should ever feel defensive of their humanity. This kind of hostility cannot be tolerated here. This kind of standard is non-negotiable and should be upheld by every member.
  • Conversation is invigorated by dissent. It is natural to disagree with your fellow posters and it is commendable to take a stance on something you believe in. If you argue, do so in good faith. Allow members to speak their mind and answer them sincerely. Do not declare your fellow member a lost cause before the conversation has had the chance to conclude. Certain values are non-negotiable, but not every argument is untenable and we must allow one another the space to disagree.
  • Restrain your urge to hyperbolize. Exaggeration overstates your investment and encourages extreme responses from others who feel the need to mirror your position. Attempt to articulate why you care about things, or how things make you feel, and leave room for others to respond at different levels of intensity.
  • Do not forget where you came from, but focus on our future. Everyone here comes from somewhere else and we mustn’t cling to our nostalgia. This is a new era free from the burden of history. Embrace your new home, believe in its livelihood, and relish in this occasion. Do not fall victim to the false comforts of the past. Remember why we are moving forward and do so with pride.
  • Lastly, be accommodating to the growing pains of the website. There are bound to be technical hurdles. There are bound to be trolls who slip through the grate. There will be some quiet days as members are approved and you may feel like important faces are missing. But you must have patience and support your new board through its afterbirth.

Be confident in yourself and others. Remember what you want this forum to be and hold yourself to that ideal. Demand it of your peers by setting the example. Nobody would be here if they felt at home anywhere else. Remember, we really are the last of us.

With admiration, respect, and confidence,
Finale Fireworker

benjipwns

« Reply #20970 on: June 12, 2019, 01:19:17 AM »
lmao, i didn't remember that he wrote a second one: https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
Hi everyone. It's me, Finale Fireworker. You may remember me for making threads with long OPs hardly anyone reads. Let's continue that tradition together. Please do not use this thread to air your grievances about the old forum. Such points of contention could not be more against what I am asking for herein.

The inception of this forum was a momentous opportunity to reflect on ourselves as netizens, and as we resolved to preserve the essential qualities of our longstanding community, we also acknowledged our potential to improve. The first few weeks of this forum were defined by our collective interest in being more articulate in our emotions, taking things seriously while also treating them with care, and not falling victim to the habits and pratfalls of our predecessor forum. I think most of us here really cared about creating a community that was more welcoming, less judgmental, and was able to regain our ground as an influential hub of the hobby by releasing our deathgrip on all things negative. After all, we are on this forum and contribute to its existence because we love video games – not because we hate them.

And for the most part, I think we have done well at this. We make positive threads with positive messages. We make threads that cherish the medium that brings us here. And when we’re critical, we attempt to be so thoughtfully. Most of the threads that attempt to spotlight issues within our hobby do so with detailed OPs and provide room for disagreement. I’ve liked that. This is what makes this place feel lighter, brighter, and like home.

But Nothere’s prescient meltdown thread was foreboding to me. I am not averse to a fan frenzy – it’s the nature of any enthusiast forum. A big reveal or a major launch or a significant controversy is always going to dominate discussion. These “meltdowns” cannot be avoided and aren’t inherently bad online events. But I think the danger of these meltdowns is how dramatically they predispose the community to overreaction and hyperbole. It normalizes the stress that these subjects incite. It spills into other threads, endures indefinitely, and then animosity and antagonism become common.

In my first thread on the forum, something I attempted broach to members was mitigating our inclination to exaggerate. When we are on full blast all the time, it affects the way we talk to each other. It makes everything either the best or the worst thing that's ever happened and it disintegrates the possibility for nuance. Members, including myself, mirror and replicate the energy of the threads they participate in. This is how dogpiling happens. This is how circular threads of enormous volume dominate the front page. This predisposes us to more and more meltdowns. This turns the whole forum into a ticking time bomb providing only brief respite between detonations.

Right now, our community is being shaped by the controversy surrounding Battlefront II and EA’s implementation of lootboxes. This was our first meltdown. And, truth be told, it’s not a bad meltdown to have. 2017 is the Year of the Lootbox. It is a time where the industry is experimenting with how far microtransactions and games as a service can go. These experiments are bound to incite consumer response, and that response is important, because it will affect the direction of future games. I don't make light of this at all. What is currently happening is an industrial conversation between creators and consumers and this is inevitable and vital to the survival of any industry.

But it is also a test.

I am not what anyone would call a gentle poster. I am extremely political. My relationship with the games I love are personality defining. Being part of this forum is less of a routine of casual visitation and more an act of lifestyle. I have no right to cast stones at people for being heated because I am a heated poster too. This thread isn’t a reminder for a specific subset of people. This thread isn’t a preachy proclamation about how other people need to behave differently. This thread is for me too. It's for all of us.

Eventually, Battlefront II is going to launch. People are going to buy it, play it, and probably like it. People will want to talk about it and make community threads and not be criticized or lambasted for enjoying it. EA is going to make other video games. Other video games will have microtransactions and lootboxes. What is important is that we move forward without letting our baggage be cumulative. We cannot enter every thread about these subjects or these companies bearing the grudge of every previous slight.

If we are going to survive as a fresh community that does not replicate the mistakes of its forerunner, we have to learn to let go. We have to show some restraint. We have to allow room for nuance.

If we cannot do this, we will have more and more meltdowns. These meltdowns will define us and affect how the industry and other players perceive us. We will be infamous for our inability to handle certain topics, we will be ridiculed for our extremity, and we will lose the plot of why we all came here. I am not recommending that people care less – we are members of this forum because we care about games a lot. But we must reduce the venom in our discourse. We must be conscious of what we contribute to, and how to counteract, one of gaming’s most infamous buzzwords: toxicity.

I ask this community to please be aware of what we’re contributing to. All of our posts are building blocks. They are energy into the zeitgeist of gaming. We shape and morph and reconfigure our forum with tens of thousands of prodding fingers every day. This place is a living and breathing beast that should not contribute to the stereotypes and commonalities that poison our hobby. Do not succumb to the temptations of old habits. Learn to let go, let incidents be isolated, and do not burden yourself or the community with the residue of acrimony.

Post about what you love and treat your fellow member with compassion.

Don’t be a caricature.

Be a Resettler.

shosta

« Reply #20971 on: June 12, 2019, 01:23:55 AM »
He was a mod before the ban bot went up in July 2018. Kirblar was already de-modded by the time ban bot went up actually it looks like.

FF's the one who wrote that cult manifesto that they launched with, so I assume he was made a moderator fairly early on as somebody stupid clearly likes him.
I knew that. I'm saying, look, he's an admin now.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #20972 on: June 12, 2019, 01:35:36 AM »
Finale Fireworker (Mod Captain)
wow, I didn't even know he reports to me directly now, they never tell me anything

that's definitely new since SweetNicole died

benjipwns

« Reply #20973 on: June 12, 2019, 01:42:33 AM »
remember when they announced new staff members?

this is relatively new too, and very active: https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/
Welcome to ResetEra

Hello new person. It's wonderful to have you as part of our community! All new accounts require both email verification and manual activation -- most accounts registered with an ISP, school, or professional email are approved within a day or two. During times of high activity this process may take longer. Once you have received an email confirming that your account has been activated, you will be ready to start posting.

ResetEra is the most active independent gaming forum on the internet (with discussions on everything else as well) so it's not uncommon to wonder where to start! This thread is a great place to break the ice; we'd love to know a little about you, your interests, and what brought you here. Feel free to introduce yourself or welcome others. There is often no harm in diving right into other threads as well, but if you feel you'd like more guidance, you can find a collection of helpful information and resources below.

Before You Post

Many members want to first look their best; you can upload an avatar via your Account Details, and if you navigate to your own unique profile page, you will find an option to upload a Cover Image as well! Having a memorable avatar and profile cover is a great way to stand out. Cover uploads should be at least 600x1000 in dimension and avatars at least 400x400 for best results. If you need help coming up with something good, swing by the Avatar Request thread and ask nicely.

Advanced Image Options are available if you want to conserve bandwidth or mobile data, or if you just want to stay discreet at work or school.

If you want to learn about our forum rules and expectations, your best resource is definitely the General Guide. We highly recommend that you review this document. In order to weed out troublemakers, new accounts less than 3 months old or with fewer than 300 posts may be subject to stricter moderation.

Please note that you will not be able to create any threads until your account is 1 month old and has at least 100 posts.

Discussion on ResetEra is broadly divided into two halves -- Video Games (Gaming) and Everything Else™ (EtcetEra). These two halves are further split into Forum and Hangout sections. The Forums are for new ideas or breaking news, while Hangouts house long-running or recurring threads. Detailed descriptions of each can be found on the desktop front page.

Once you have thread making privileges, if you would like to create an OT (Official Thread) please check the OT Index to make sure it has not already been claimed, and sign up to claim it yourself if it is more than three days in advance. If you're looking to join an existing community, feel free to search our lists of both Gaming OTs and EtcetEra OTs.

When you first enter a thread, please be sure to check above the posts for any Threadmarks or Staff Posts.

How to Reach Us

For general inquiries you are welcome to use the Contact Us form found at the bottom of the site. This is accessible even for guests and banned members. We receive a lot of messages and cannot guarantee a response to every one, but this will generally be your best bet.

To alert moderators to anything that might require their attention, you are encouraged to use the report system; the report button can be found at the bottom left of every post or message. This is the best and fastest way to reach the mod team. You can report posts that violate rules, or you can even report your own post if you need help with a thread title change or similar. Please do not abuse this system with frivolous or rude reports.

For bug reports or any other technical issues, please use the latest tech thread. You will always be able to find the latest tech thread in the Announcements section.

If you are a professional with insights that you believe are of interest to our community, and you are interested in having your identity verified, please check out our Verified Members program.

Individual staff may be able to answer minor questions if contacted privately. Our full Active Staff Roster is constantly maintained and updated. For broad moderation concerns you can always reach out to our Mod Captains B-Dubs, Mist, and Hecht.

To request a Username Change you can go directly through your Account Details page.

If you encounter pop-ups, redirects, or other malicious advertising that we don't want on our site, please let us know in the Ad Reporting thread; including the ad links and/or screenshots in your reports will help us track them down. The ad agency we are partnered with regularly monitors that thread even though they do not post in it.

Whatever you do, please do not tag a staff member, derail a thread, or create a new thread to complain about this or that.

Bottom Line

If you've read all of the above then you should have all the tools you need to be a great member and a welcome part of our community. Whether you start here or in another thread, we're looking forward to your contributions!
oop

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20974 on: June 12, 2019, 01:51:36 AM »
The woman with a penis thing is absolutely peak REEEE. They whine constantly about "representation" and when they get it they do everything they can to lambast the developer calling it offensive.

Do they even know what the fuck they want, or is it just some zero sum game where no matter what they are given they must demand more, more, more?
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20975 on: June 12, 2019, 01:53:41 AM »
Nobody would be here if they felt at home anywhere else.

I really hate this fucking site.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #20976 on: June 12, 2019, 01:55:38 AM »
Why should I verify my account?

At ResetEra, we’re looking to help foster deep relationships between those who consume games and those that develop, write about and publish them. A verified account is an additional layer of trust and authenticity to your account. It adds weight to your posts and helps to strengthen the notion that you’re a real human being that has passion for the work you do.

We think that being verified can help to create a stronger relationship with your audience and gives you an opportunity to step into discussions about your work as a valuable source of authority. We believe having an identifiable voice on one of the fastest-growing video game forums on the internet is important.

Please note that verified status will not entitle you to preferential treatment from the staff and you will still be expected to adhere to the same forum rules as any other member.

How do I become verified?

If you are interested please reach out by email at nibel@resetera.com

In the email you'll need to provide

- Your ResetEra account name (!)
- Your name
- Your job title and company
- Your work email address or any other means of proving your identity
- A description of why you wish to verify your account
- A custom tag if you wish to have it (E.G. Developer at X or Community Manager at Y)
to any The Bire users feel free to simply PM me this information for it to be verified in the dossiers, no need for e-mail!

benjipwns

« Reply #20977 on: June 12, 2019, 01:58:09 AM »
It's a woman with a large penis. What the hell is the issue?
That's the problem:
Quote from: A.By
A trans person with their penis on display and a man in drag with their penis on display is largely indistinguishable for a large portion of society.
Intent is important, but so is result. If this is a character in drag, it is virtually indistinguishable from a trans person, and thus, the perception is the same.
We do know that the person will be considered by many to be trans, as drag queens often are. The result is more important than the intent.
This isn’t inherently bad, and if it came from a queer artist it would be empowering. But coming from CDPR it just seems like they’re mocking queer people.
I think we have to figure out intent. Is it representative of trans? Is it representative of a cross dressing? Clarity from CDR would go along way.
It's a woman sporting a big cock (whether it's biological or an augmentation) inside her leotard. Whatever angle you want to look it, it doesn't paint a good picture, especially with the "Mix it up!" text.
It doesn't matter if the artist intended for them to be trans or not. It's still a trans coded character playing off of hurtful stereotypes that have been used against trans people for years.
Straight up gross. Is the erect dick outline thing remotely defensible? Completely inappropriate and pointless.
The level of obscenity makes it clear the point is to disgust, depicting gender non conforming people as sexually aggressive is one of the oldest tropes in the book. The window for that kind of imagery to be viewed as a positive form of expression is very narrow

shosta

« Reply #20978 on: June 12, 2019, 01:58:50 AM »
Benji, can you just fuck off?
It's like you're not even trying to foster deep relationships.
每天生气

daemon

« Reply #20979 on: June 12, 2019, 02:01:38 AM »
Why should I verify my account?

At ResetEra, we’re looking to help foster deep relationships between those who consume games and those that develop, write about and publish them. A verified account is an additional layer of trust and authenticity to your account. It adds weight to your posts and helps to strengthen the notion that you’re a real human being that has passion for the work you do.

We think that being verified can help to create a stronger relationship with your audience and gives you an opportunity to step into discussions about your work as a valuable source of authority. We believe having an identifiable voice on one of the fastest-growing video game forums on the internet is important.

Please note that verified status will not entitle you to preferential treatment from the staff and you will still be expected to adhere to the same forum rules as any other member.

How do I become verified?

If you are interested please reach out by email at nibel@resetera.com

In the email you'll need to provide

- Your ResetEra account name (!)
- Your name
- Your job title and company
- Your work email address or any other means of proving your identity
- A description of why you wish to verify your account
- A custom tag if you wish to have it (E.G. Developer at X or Community Manager at Y)
to any The Bire users feel free to simply PM me this information for it to be verified in the dossiers, no need for e-mail!

Hey, I wanna be benjified.

benjipwns

« Reply #20980 on: June 12, 2019, 02:03:03 AM »
It's like you're not even trying to foster deep relationships.
Glen's result is more important than his intent.

shosta

« Reply #20981 on: June 12, 2019, 02:05:31 AM »
Today was so crazy. Why did FF not stop and think at some point that banning 25 people in a row was a bad idea? Did he have a day?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #20982 on: June 12, 2019, 02:14:03 AM »
Remember that time fellow admins/Mod Captains Hecht and B-Dubs talked about how they only got two hours of sleep because they had to stay up to make sure all the PewDiePie fans were banned. Do you think E3 is going like that?

Makes me think I should submit all my posts to Glen before posting.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20983 on: June 12, 2019, 02:14:21 AM »
I'm not sure why that is deemed problematic. Aren't feminine penises supposed to be good? Isn't this a representation of a trans woman who choose to keep the equipment and is proud of it? I can't figure them out any more.

It's very problematic that CDPR keeps thinking in binary genders. Themes like transhumanism are about crossing gender lines in a world where anyone can be any- WTF is that a dick on a feminine character???

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20986 on: June 12, 2019, 02:47:24 AM »
the idea that forum discussions need to be productive is the weirdest, stupidest shit

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #20987 on: June 12, 2019, 02:51:33 AM »
the idea that forum discussions need to be productive is the weirdest, stupidest shit

Anyone who disagrees with this is a pedophile.
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #20988 on: June 12, 2019, 03:13:47 AM »
For next year E3 Era should probably have some vintage GAF server outages. It would probably save a handful of mods from overworking.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:34:19 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #20989 on: June 12, 2019, 03:14:19 AM »
man they really buzzsawed the Shenmue III EGS thread and Ghostwire Asian Fetish threads the most because neither one was locked like that Smash Bros one

after this Staff Post, it's like they murdered every fifth post for twenty pages: https://www.resetera.com/threads/shenmue-iii-is-timed-exclusive-to-epic-games-store-backers-pc-code-redeemed-on-egs-no-refund-see-threadmark-read-staff-posts-before-posting.122218/post-21686307

User Banned (1 Day): Posting a conspiratorial meme

People were promised Steam keys and are annoyed that they aren't getting them because EGS is a functionally worse platform.

Mod Edit: Image containing conspiratorial rhetoric removed.

It's slightly out of date now, but still, a lot are still very true.

edit: the conspiratorial meme: https://i.imgur.com/8lUveZ8.png

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Generalizations and Misrepresenting Other Users Over Concerns of Racial Fetishization

ERA, it prides itsef for being a forward thinking community, but at the end of the day all we see is whole bunch of "nice guys" virtue signaling. Nice to know that this forum is just as creepy and sexist as any other gaming community.
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive and antagonistic attitude towards concerns surrounding sexism and racial fetishization
Quote from: Crossing Eden
The start of it and all the posters with avatars of asian women saying asian fetishism isn't an issue. You know, despite being walking talking examples of it existing.
So you're saying if this was a white woman or a man, there would be no problem. Just because she's asian it's suddenly a massive problem and everyone is a creepy fucker going around here? You have a really twisted mind.

Kosma dead:
User banned (permanent): persistent history of trolling and derailing
Lmao historical accuracy.
Ill go for historical accuracy over US cultural appropriation imperialism of a Polish book and game any day thanks.

Radiohead is srs business:
User Banned (5 days): trolling members across multiple topics
Probably paid for leaked MP3s
lol why would I pay for anything radiohead, im not 50

User Warned: Trolling

Completely forgot Ubisoft had a presentation.

Let me guess - Saints Row: London, 4 Tom Clancy games & some generic side scrolling RPG-lite.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing Concerns Surrounding a Hate Site

People care about their 8chan ama? jeez, imagine if you put that hate towards something that actually mattered

User banned (1 week): hostility and personal attacks against another member

Eat shit Sabi, you cunt. Glad this never got leaked.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Rationalizing Sexism and Community Generalizations over Multiple Posts in this Thread
Thanks for this. I noted that fraternization policies restricting management/subordinates from socializing existed, but was shouted down and called all kinds of names for bringing it up.

This thread is really bringing out the WORST in people.
It's not just this thread. The forum has been overrun with low-quality, minimum effort #WokeHotTake culture. Nothing is taken at face value, everyone suspects the worst of anyone that event hints at disagreeing with the "prevailing" take (E.g, 60% of male managers are sexist or pervs), and there must be alternative agendas in every innocuous thing that a person says. It's the Pepe Silvia bit from It's Always Sunny except on a broader scale and people here aren't acting when they come off as cynical paranoiacs.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:19:16 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #20990 on: June 12, 2019, 03:14:40 AM »
separate post just for Glen because I know he'll actually appreciate this one the most:

User Banned (5 Days): Celebrating the injury of an athlete.

The best player of the opposing team leaving the match? Absolutely no problem to celebrate. It's not like he had a career ending injury, dont over react. I was watching a 15-minute video about the game and I was smiling after he left (I kinda prefer the Raptors, but dont really care, and this going to game 7 would be great).

And as far as I know noone did anything to him. The Salah injury in last year's CL was a moment where you should be a scumbag to celebrate, or Neymar's in 2014 WC... Durant? Naaahhh. Dude probably rushed his return and this was a risk.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20991 on: June 12, 2019, 03:23:14 AM »
Celebrating the injury of an athlete.
So you mean being a sports fan :rejoice

SmokyDave

« Reply #20992 on: June 12, 2019, 03:24:47 AM »
That latest CDPR thread shows that sex and gender are only separate when it suits an argument. Otherwise, the augmentation of a sex organ would have nothing to do with being transgender whatsoever.

I’m down with people being themselves, but if there’s no consistency to this sex and gender stuff, it’s no wonder that people find it all confusing and easy to dismiss.

shosta

« Reply #20993 on: June 12, 2019, 03:26:29 AM »
Maybe if seeing the throbbing, veiny outline of a huge dick makes you feel gross, you have some homophobia you need to work through
每天生气

SmokyDave

« Reply #20994 on: June 12, 2019, 03:32:04 AM »
Maybe if seeing the throbbing, veiny outline of a huge dick makes you feel gross, you have some homophobia you need to work through
Was it throbbing? I only saw a static picture. I must say, it seems likely that future billboards would have some sort of animation. Maybe haptic feedback if you had a quick feel?

Edit: on close inspection, it does look like it would be throbbing. There’s little to no flaccidity whatsoever. Impressive stuff.

benjipwns

« Reply #20995 on: June 12, 2019, 03:33:04 AM »
FACT CHECK: They only find it gross because it's on what they believe to be a woman. The result of what a transphobic bigot will see is what matters, not the intent.

benjipwns

« Reply #20996 on: June 12, 2019, 03:38:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghostwire-director-ikumi-nakamura-has-developed-quite-the-fan-art-following-see-staff-posts.122174/post-21737889
This thread: a celebration of a talented individual being infantilized and reduced to a mascot because she is Japanese, cute and enthusiastic.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #20997 on: June 12, 2019, 04:13:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghostwire-director-ikumi-nakamura-has-developed-quite-the-fan-art-following-see-staff-posts.122174/post-21737889
This thread: a celebration of a talented individual being infantilized and reduced to a mascot because she is Japanese, cute and enthusiastic.
(Image removed from quote.)
This happens with Keanu Reeves and almost every other celebrity.
You reduce a person you've never met to an objectified idea, because that's how the brain works in the first place.

benjipwns

« Reply #20998 on: June 12, 2019, 04:26:17 AM »
 :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw

Boogie1488 at E3 is fat
[close]

:nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw

NO SERIOUSLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH BOOGIE1488
[close]

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #20999 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:57 AM »
The fake teeth are a bit too white, makes them look unnatural.