Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795364 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #21060 on: June 12, 2019, 08:34:33 AM »
Guys is it still ok to play PC games on a Windows system now that Microsoft is in cahoots with bigots?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21061 on: June 12, 2019, 08:34:48 AM »
wow more people are still with Respawn than I thought

Vince Zampella, Earl Hammon Jr., Brad Allen, Paul Messerly, Todd Alderman, and Preston Glenn all worked on both Allied Assault and APEX Legends.

34 people worked on all three MW, MW2 and APEX.

benjipwns

« Reply #21062 on: June 12, 2019, 08:40:36 AM »
They really have a dream game here and they're gonna potentially fuck it all up because perhaps they can't write for shit outside the world of the witcher.

All this shit is stupid stuff you'd expect from maybe the 360/ps3 era but we're way past that now. It's almost inexcusable in 2020 to have such trite laziness for a triple A title
Surprise surprise!

Can’t believe i went from being excited about this crap to despising it. This shit will push the alt-right agenda while everyone dismisses it because “oh, so original, it’s new!”.

Can’t wait for more stereotypes about minorities!
CDPR has a history of transphobic nonsense and their seemingly only trans representation in his game is a feshistic “Big Dick Girl” from the poster.
This sucks of them. Makes me want to avoid the game as they have a pattern of this kind of stuff. Played through 3 Witcher games and didn’t see one person that looks like me(black).

The “they’re polish and out of touch” defense doesn’t work anymore, they have fans from all over and they should learn to respect us all.
I’m not surprised either but posters here give this company a pass each time a problematic issue comes up.

Bigotry sticks together I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So CDPR is bad at 3rd person combat and 1st person shooting with stereotyping to boot. Disappointing, this was my most anticipated game ever. Basically my dream game
lol at how fast this is all being DECIDED and will be repeated forever now

BisMarckie

« Reply #21063 on: June 12, 2019, 08:44:21 AM »
Ms.Galaxy can‘t catch a break.

benjipwns

« Reply #21064 on: June 12, 2019, 08:45:03 AM »
I heard that CDPR actually crunched fifteen developers of color to death and when the police came they went "Is Poland what can we do?" and laughed then they all watched Ms.Galaxy's video together.

benjipwns

« Reply #21065 on: June 12, 2019, 08:46:26 AM »
Also they did the PC port of Saints Row 2 which is a highly problematic port of a highly problematic series. It made that one game journalist too embarrassed to keep playing.

benjipwns

« Reply #21066 on: June 12, 2019, 08:47:34 AM »
This is another important thing to note, this developers bigotry is just going to give fuel to the alt-right and make them feel empowered. Is that the kind of message the gaming community wants developers to project? I don’t give a shit if this doesn’t affect you because you’re not trans or queer, it will eventually affect all of us when the alt-right becomes a bigger presence in games because people let things like this pass.
:awesome

BisMarckie

« Reply #21067 on: June 12, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »
I heard that CDPR actually crunched fifteen developers of color to death and when the police came they went "Is Poland what can we do?" and laughed then they all watched Ms.Galaxy's video together.

I also heard they provide Ed Boon with fresh murder victims pretty much daily.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21068 on: June 12, 2019, 08:50:09 AM »
I heard that the employees of CDPR make an unlivable wage which makes it impossible for their developers to live in progressive beacons of society like San Francisco, and forces them to live in a alt right hellhole like Cracow or Warsaw.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21069 on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »
Era: the absolute worst thing is bigoted stereotypes of groups and intolerance towards other cultures
Also Era: but what do you expect from these stupid backwards polacks?

Productivity Commisar FetishFriendFinder:

benjipwns

« Reply #21070 on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:46 AM »
I heard that CDPR did all the 2016 election hacking for their beloved leader Putin.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21071 on: June 12, 2019, 08:54:56 AM »
sorry borys

BisMarckie

« Reply #21072 on: June 12, 2019, 08:56:34 AM »
FinaleFireworker was caught spraying this on the CDPR embassy.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #21073 on: June 12, 2019, 08:56:37 AM »
here I thought nonces only liked sexy kids.

benjipwns

« Reply #21074 on: June 12, 2019, 08:57:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-pride-month-how-did-e3-do-on-lgbt-representation.122715/
Now that E3 is seemingly over, we can talk about the stuff that was announced. Since I don't own a console I didn't watch many trailers so I'll need you guys to fill me in - how did E3 do on LGBT+ representation both at the event and in the announcements, especially since it's Pride Month?
:dead

« Reply #21075 on: June 12, 2019, 08:57:43 AM »
Ok RE what new thing should I be freaking out over today?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21076 on: June 12, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »
That about does it. No hype from me anymore.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #21077 on: June 12, 2019, 08:59:32 AM »
WE BACK:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-fetishized-in-game-ad-from-cyberpunk-2077-raises-some-questions-about-how-the-game-may-depict-lgbt-nsfw-see-staff-post-before-posting.122649/post-21790559
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
This thread is now open, please accept our apologies for any delays.

The majority of this thread has gone quite well, but given the way some members have responded to these discussions lately, we wanted to lay out some expectations here.

Mainstream culture is shared by everyone, including marginalized and minority groups. Because this culture is shared between people with many different identities and backgrounds, people may have unique observations, thoughts, or concerns about what they see and consume. Our relationship to culture is personal and these points of view should be treated with dignity and respect.

Furthermore, it is important to understand that simply observing and discussing culture is not necessarily an attack or a call to action. Don't ascribe notions of outrage or fury to people just starting a conversation about something that occurs to them. Surely even those who are most concerned about the imagery would favor an outcome that lays their concerns to rest.

The motivation behind this image, its creation, and its intention are currently not clear. The fetishization of LGBT is something the community has always contended with and having a conversation about when and how it manifests is perfectly reasonable. Let's keep this thread on track and stay respectful and thoughtful to one another.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21078 on: June 12, 2019, 09:00:45 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #21079 on: June 12, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »
I should also note it's still fucked up to just have a raging hard-on for no reason in the poster. It's just...

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21080 on: June 12, 2019, 09:01:37 AM »
just starting a conversation, bro

benjipwns

« Reply #21081 on: June 12, 2019, 09:02:07 AM »
This is a company that is more than aware of its and the wider groups past issues with the LGBTQ+ community. In that knowledge they could have easily had a running development blog deep-dive into "Gender in Cyberpunk 2077" to go over the nuances of how they're handling it in light of past failures. Or a Youtube promo about it. Anything really.

They haven't though. Instead, all we have is this shitty in-game ad and zero reason to give them the benefit of the doubt over it.

benjipwns

« Reply #21082 on: June 12, 2019, 09:02:41 AM »
I’m tired of the bigotry and nonsense during pride month.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21083 on: June 12, 2019, 09:02:52 AM »
WE BACK:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-fetishized-in-game-ad-from-cyberpunk-2077-raises-some-questions-about-how-the-game-may-depict-lgbt-nsfw-see-staff-post-before-posting.122649/post-21790559
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

Mainstream culture is shared by everyone, including marginalized and minority groups. Because this culture is shared between people with many different identities and backgrounds, people may have unique observations, thoughts, or concerns about what they see and consume. Our relationship to culture is personal and these points of view should be treated with dignity and respect.

No POLACKS though :wag

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #21084 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:00 AM »
My brain fucking hurts every time I read more than four REE posts on race or sexuality, I swear. It's painful. Everything is wrong, always, everything escalates to the point everything is nazism, not representation is the same thing as an attack, negative representation is the same as condonation, everything must be sanitized, everything must conform to America's standards of everything.

I don't know how you guys can read so much of that shit and not get an aneurysm.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21085 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:18 AM »
I’m not surprised either but posters here give this company a pass each time a problematic issue comes up.

Bigotry sticks together I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #21086 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »
This thread is going great, keep up that energy you bunch of game changers.

I wonder if Atlus are having a party now the target on their back has moved to another company.

benjipwns

« Reply #21087 on: June 12, 2019, 09:05:08 AM »
It's almost like CDPR doesn't get the Cyberpunk genre beyond COOL FUTURE GUNS

BisMarckie

« Reply #21088 on: June 12, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »
I’m tired of the bigotry and nonsense during pride month.

I like that gaf and gaf2 are so insular that they think this is something even 1% of people are aware of.

benjipwns

« Reply #21089 on: June 12, 2019, 09:06:37 AM »
My brain fucking hurts every time I read more than four REE posts on race or sexuality, I swear. It's painful. Everything is wrong, always, everything escalates to the point everything is nazism, not representation is the same thing as an attack, negative representation is the same as condonation, everything must be sanitized, everything must conform to America's standards of everything.

I don't know how you guys can read so much of that shit and not get an aneurysm.
THIS IS HOW THE NAZIS WIN

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21090 on: June 12, 2019, 09:07:00 AM »
RE : at least our dystopia will be sanitized and safe.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #21091 on: June 12, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »
I've read enough. This site is no longer a place I want to be. I've read for a long time, joined and briefly discussed, but you guys on here are worse than the people your fighting against. You put up these honey pot threads based on political agendas and then when anyone comes in and has anything that you percieve as a different view other than yours then it's full attack mode and then ban mode.

If I truly dont see an issue with this then that needs to be something you must handle and understand.

This is the future. If the author has depicted advertisements to be of this nature then that's the world you must accept.

Reactions from the group "represented" in the poster have been (from my exposure) almost entirely negative, and the poster seems to frame its own audience as being outside of that group. The "joke" of the poster basically boils down to that a class of people existing. Getting a little more granular about it, the concept implies the identity involved is just an arbitrary choice, which is a key misunderstanding of trans identity, more generally. It's probably worth thinking about a few of these aspects of it.

A lot of people will have a lot of different takes on this, so I'd say check out (and take part in) the discussion.
Thank you for this response. This is a response I can respect. I understand to some of you on here that this ad is disrespectful to you. It absolutely is not to me. Not one bit. You must understand that I do not see a single issue, but that doesn't give you the right to answer aggressively or label me as some insensitive bigot.
Thank you for allowing me to see a different perspective rather than telling pointing or labeling.
holy shit this fucking nazi with... 102 posts

edit: lol
I've read enough. This site is no longer a place I want to be.
Ok 100 posts man
Ok 100 posts man
Yeah seriously, dude should just go back to GAF.

edit2:
User Banned (permanent): dismissing concerns surrounding bigotry across a series of posts, account still in junior phase
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:15:19 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #21092 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:44 AM »
As things stand for CDPR red tho, they should have avoided it. This almost feels like intentional trolling...
and of the largest independent video game forum on the internet, ResetERA.com, at that!

Ghoul

« Reply #21093 on: June 12, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
if you look at the offending poster

It's an advert, so of course it's 100% OTT and sexy as it's a poster to sell a product and sex sells.

Let the girl with a PHAT COCK be who she wants you bunch of small dick energy hacks.

benjipwns

« Reply #21094 on: June 12, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »
lol at how fast this is all being DECIDED and will be repeated forever now
THAT SAID, is hard to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt after all that has transpired with them lately, not to mention the reports of the game having unimaginative stereotypes.
it's true! it's true! I saw it in the other thread!

benjipwns

« Reply #21095 on: June 12, 2019, 09:14:25 AM »
The dick picture outline alone without any text would be completely meaningless and harmless, it's the combination of the dick and the message that makes this problematic.
:ohhh

Ghoul

« Reply #21096 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »
love the post count warriors.

Why not just have them under the username to save them all sometime?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21097 on: June 12, 2019, 09:19:35 AM »
I want RLM to invite him back again to definitively prove that they're pieces of shit too.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/max-landis-accused-of-abuse-and-harassment-by-actress-whitney-moore.122685/page-2#post-21789591

They are just smart enough not to

I knew it, they were always smart pieces of ahit !
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #21098 on: June 12, 2019, 09:19:42 AM »
Top of page creampies?

:drool

benjipwns

« Reply #21099 on: June 12, 2019, 09:20:58 AM »

It's an advert, so of course it's 100% OTT and sexy as it's a poster to sell a product and sex sells.

Let the girl with a PHAT COCK be who she wants you bunch of small dick energy hacks.
People like you dismissing us and our concerns when we just want to be treated equally are a big problem in this industry and a reason why these developers turn a blind eye. You’re supporting this through your wallet.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21100 on: June 12, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »
radio resetera was asked: Is it true that we won’t need any mods anymore in the near future?

Radio resetera answered: Yes, the users will learn to ban themselves.

:rodney

benjipwns

« Reply #21101 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:07 AM »
I want RLM to invite him back again to definitively prove that they're pieces of shit too.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/max-landis-accused-of-abuse-and-harassment-by-actress-whitney-moore.122685/page-2#post-21789591

I knew it, they were always smart pieces of ahit !
ahahahaha:
People have been rationalising what his Dad did on the set of the Twilight Zone film for decades, it’s not wonder he got away with this shit for so long. Revolting family.
His dad was a big name director for a long time and like father, like son, he basically got away with killing several people on a movie set. You might not know him but the people with clout did.
You mean John Landis, the man who was partially responsible for the death of 3 people (2 of them were children) and still continues to have a good career in Hollywood? He might have not done much in the past few years but he still has good connections.

also quoting a Zoe Tiberius Quinn twitter rant :lol
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:29:06 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #21102 on: June 12, 2019, 09:25:24 AM »
Quote from: ZattMurdock, Esq
How can an asshole like him to keep getting away with shit like this? How the fuck WWE Raw even hired him after all that has come to light already?

Ghoul

« Reply #21103 on: June 12, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
Stinkles strikes again

My experience with Max Landis was long and extremely unpleasant but nothing like the allegations of his victims on account of me being a heavy ugly adult male who didn’t know anything about him or care about his dad. However it did contain a vast amount of this kind of shit.

Ghoul

« Reply #21104 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:26 AM »

People like you dismissing us and our concerns when we just want to be treated equally are a big problem in this industry and a reason why these developers turn a blind eye. You’re supporting this through your wallet.

Buying the collectors edition just to really support the cause.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21105 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:24 AM »
If you're bringing up an accident someones dad was involved in where people were killed to make a point about what a terrible person the son must be, you are not A Good Person

benjipwns

« Reply #21106 on: June 12, 2019, 09:30:47 AM »
? They've ripped him at least once, probably twice on the show for being a shitbag once all the shit started hitting Twitter. I think they are more subtle self-burns because they are also embarrassed that they had him on the show
And that would be OK if their own comments are above reproach and of late....
more like DEAD LETTER MEDIA after they helped cover up the Twilight Zone murders of Polish citizen Ed Boon

benjipwns

« Reply #21107 on: June 12, 2019, 09:32:23 AM »
Mike Pondsmith, the creator of Cyberpunk 2020, is a black guy, he worked as advisor for the Cyberpunk 2077 game and was depicted as a NPC (the Fixer). Frankly I'm not concerned about the game more than about people arguing just for the sake of It...
How would the creator inspired by literary works know more about it than random forumers and media journalists?
wow these posters think they're so clever like RLM

Propagandhim

« Reply #21108 on: June 12, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »

I love this guilt-trip reasoning.  "You're killing us.  Don't you know you're killing us?" 

You have one out of context picture of some ad.  Holy shit.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21109 on: June 12, 2019, 09:34:42 AM »
I heard that the employees of CDPR make an unlivable wage which makes it impossible for their developers to live in progressive beacons of society like San Francisco, and forces them to live in a alt right hellhole like Cracow or Warsaw.

Bruv

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21110 on: June 12, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »
Dude.
don't worry, it doesn't actually exist

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21111 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »

Dude.

I'm not outright saying Ms Galaxy is completely full of shit, but kidnapping someone, abusing them on film so there's extra evidence to use against you, then returning them unharmed to their family a few days later is somewhat unusual modus operandi for people committing a crime where the punishment is the same as murdering the victim.

Pwnz

« Reply #21112 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:20 AM »
Holy fuck, Era is so far up it's ass that a dystopian future can only have dystopia that's not racial or LGBTQ insensitive.  Only drug addiction, prostitution, and inbred hillbillies are allowed.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21113 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:31 AM »

Bruv

???

benjipwns

« Reply #21114 on: June 12, 2019, 09:37:06 AM »
This thread is going exactly like the Avengers PoC thread. The dismissive nature of “well this is how things are in a dystopian future” is right along the same line of “they’re all white because that’s how they’ve always been” is frustrating. As if that is an appropriate way to handle things. Maybe use this power you have with a huge audience and frame things better in your world instead of belittling a community once again.

Hard to tell without the context of the game. We should find out in about 8 months, or maybe earlier when previews come out.
Yes, let’s give the company with homophobic and transphobic comments the benefit of the doubt for 8 months.
Didn't get it until I saw the outline. Wow... I am extremely excited for this game and extremely concerned. How the fuck did they think this was acceptable? They need to start paying some PoC and LGBTQ consultants fuckin' quick, because they're obviously incapable of being thoughtful about marginalized groups as they keep proving.
Jesus Christ. I mean I wasn’t pretty much already not buying this, but this really cements it.
Unsure what people are going for with context is important, you're right it is important which is why CD Project should be aware of the context of LGBT in media before going for something obviously so myopic and tactless.
The trans woman with a bulging erection is such a transphobic, and even porny, trope that even if CDPR didn't have a history of transphobia I'd be wary of this fake ad. I've had to live my life watching trans women get ridiculed for having a dick and jokes being made on the "shock value" of having a woman having a bulge. It being a fetish doesn't make it better lmao you fucking dumbass
lmao you fucking dumbass

SEE SEE THE POLLACKS ARE IT AGAIN, IT WAS PROVEN IN THE PREVIEWS:
There are a few previews of CP also suggesting racism in some of the depictions of characters and language.
Yeah I just saw those earlier which just further cemented this as them not giving a fuck

BisMarckie

« Reply #21115 on: June 12, 2019, 09:37:36 AM »
Holy fuck, Era is so far up it's ass that a dystopian future can only have dystopia that's not racial or LGBTQ insensitive.  Only drug addiction, prostitution, and inbred hillbillies are allowed.

We also do not tolerate 'slut shaming' including the demeaning of sex workers

:wag

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21116 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:13 AM »

Bruv

???

Those cities are Poland A, you aren't even aware that they are liberal strongholds?

Very offensive

benjipwns

« Reply #21117 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:18 AM »

Dude.
Yeah, and they have to fight off people with a collapsible baton and rape whistle every day in hipster Boston too.

And their therapist (and all their friends and family*) told them they should probably commit suicide after Trump was elected.

*like their mom who is both a transphobic monster who abused them and brought in all their rapists and is also their biggest champion for standing up to abuse

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21118 on: June 12, 2019, 09:40:20 AM »

Bruv

???

Those cities are Poland A, you aren't even aware that they are liberal strongholds?

Very offensive

Wow u are splitting Poland up along income, religion and voting lines into a poor distinguished mentally-challenged part in the country side and rich and liberal cities?

Classist scum

Ghoul

« Reply #21119 on: June 12, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »

Dude.

I'm not outright saying Ms Galaxy is completely full of shit, but kidnapping someone, abusing them on film so there's extra evidence to use against you, then returning them unharmed to their family a few days later is somewhat unusual modus operandi for people committing a crime where the punishment is the same as murdering the victim.

I wonder if every time girls on film comes on the radio they have a mental breakdown